Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I’m someone who has multiple chronic diseases, one of which requires exploratory surgery for diagnosis (which I finally had 15 years after I diagnosed myself using Dr. Yahoo—this was before Google existed) and the rest were diagnosed based on symptoms and elimination of other diseases for which we do have tests. My severe pain has been dismissed by both my family and my doctors throughout my life. All that said, I still don’t believe Yolanda. Her symptoms and behavior never added up, even more so after two or her children (but not her perfect precious Gigi) also ended up diagnosed with it and underwent whacky treatments. I tend to think it was psychosomatic with some intentional exaggeration to avoid things she didn’t want to do rather than Munchausen’s (making herself sick knowing full well that she wasn’t) but I wouldn’t rule out the latter. I didn’t blame Lisa Rinna for questioning her (even if I think she used the wrong term) and many of us cheered her on at the time because she was saying out loud what most of the online audience was thinking and hoping one of her cast mates would say. I only started to dislike Rinna when she walked back her stance that Yolanda’s illness was fishy and then blamed LVP for her earlier suspicions. That’s when a majority of her internet fanbase turned against her from what I recall. 

LVP and Yolanda played nice when Yolanda first came on the show and I think LVP believed she would be an ally, which she was in the beginning, but I always thought Yolanda didn’t like LVP. There were little things she did and said that tipped me off from their first onscreen interaction on. Once Yolanda had Brandi firmly on her side, she finally felt comfortable turning on LVP. I think she and Brandi both thought they were popular enough to go after LVP not realizing that for a large portion of the audience their friendship with LVP was part of the reason they were so well liked. It was a huge miscalculation. Whatever you think of LVP, I don’t think it was right of Yolanda to go behind LVP’s back and try to take her down. Joyce revealed that Yolanda and Brandi tried to turn Joyce against LVP at the beginning of filming season 4 while they were both still being nice to LVP to her face and pretending to be her friend. It’s fine not to like someone but pretending to be her friend while stabbing her in the back says something very negative about their characters. 

I’ve always thought that LVP and Yolanda had unknown/unspoken issues or resentments due to Mohamed. 

I believe she was sick to an extent. Like many others I thought it was due to her implants. I had a friend who had mysterious auto immune issues then she had her implants removed and suddenly everything was back to normal. Where Yolanda lost me was going down the rabbit hole of weird “cures”. I went through that with my Mom. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I believe she was sick to an extent. Like many others I thought it was due to her implants. I had a friend who had mysterious auto immune issues then she had her implants removed and suddenly everything was back to normal. Where Yolanda lost me was going down the rabbit hole of weird “cures”. I went through that with my Mom. 

As a breast cancer survivor who chose a lumpectomy over a mastectomy and plastic surgery (implant), the idea that women with implants have had weird unexplainable autoimmune symptoms creeps me out, and makes me glad I didn't go that route.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

As a breast cancer survivor who chose a lumpectomy over a mastectomy and plastic surgery (implant), the idea that women with implants have had weird unexplainable autoimmune symptoms creeps me out, and makes me glad I didn't go that route.

Yeah the photos of her leaky implant and where the silicone spread were creepy. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Yeah the photos of her leaky implant and where the silicone spread were creepy. 

😔 That sounds awful.

I'm only on Season Six right now, but I don't mind Yo (and Eileen). Yeah, Yo is used to the high life and she's a bit of a stage mother, but her daughters seem to have turned out all right. I loved the ladies' trip to the Netherlands to see Yo's hometown. You could see her hometown pride, which felt genuine.

For me, she's one of the least annoying Housewives on this series.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 8

She seemed to be more down to earth compared to the others but really I think she was just a better actress than we thought. All the my love my love my love and then they divorced.Can you say fake? And yeah, her daughters are also treated like expert celebrities. So tell me, in this day and age, for offspring to not continue education , especially when $ is not a problem----just shouts weak.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

She seemed to be more down to earth compared to the others but really I think she was just a better actress than we thought. All the my love my love my love and then they divorced.Can you say fake? And yeah, her daughters are also treated like expert celebrities. So tell me, in this day and age, for offspring to not continue education , especially when $ is not a problem----just shouts weak.

David dropped her like a hot potato. It’s sad how he handled it all. 
Gigi is a beautiful woman who seems very sweet but I do wish she had continued her education. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It's strange that their stories are so similar. 

I think all of Yolanda's kids are beautiful and seem lovely. It's just funny that Bella appears to have stolen Carla Bruni's face. lol

ciin15051802-01-Bella-Hadid-Carla-Bruni.

Isn’t it? So many auto immune and Lyme illnesses by women with silicone implants. 

I thought that too! LOL! I love Carla 

• Love 6
On 9/17/2021 at 8:38 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I still side eye Yo for her problematic comments.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Interesting- I never saw the similarity with Carla. Now I can certainly see it- but Carla was/is prettier to my eyes. 

Bella was always exotic and pretty with striking eyes, but she looks very different from when she was younger. She denies getting work done though. I believe Carla's beauty was entirely natural as a young model. 

2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I still side eye Yo for her problematic comments.

I wonder if Yolanda and David did work for awhile because they seem to have some old school views as far as women. Didn't David make a comment about a lot of women not being good homemakers or good at entertaining? I forgot exactly what it was. Yolanda prided herself on all of that and said she should have been Martha Stewart's daughter. 

I feel like Yolanda isn't one of those hateful people, just ignorant. I remember during the reunion she said she didn't care if her kids were gay but that she thought it was a choice, and Andy was like, yeah no. 

1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

So, David asks Yo is if he can hold her breast while they're in the car headed toward the airport.

He's weird.

He also said that Ken had better tits than her now. I'd like to think most husbands would just be like please get the implants removed if they could be making you sick, you're beautiful just the way you are. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Bella was always exotic and pretty with striking eyes, but she looks very different from when she was younger. She denies getting work done though. I believe Carla's beauty was entirely natural as a young model. 

I wonder if Yolanda and David did work for awhile because they seem to have some old school views as far as women. Didn't David make a comment about a lot of women not being good homemakers or good at entertaining? I forgot exactly what it was. Yolanda prided herself on all of that and said she should have been Martha Stewart's daughter. 

I feel like Yolanda isn't one of those hateful people, just ignorant. I remember during the reunion she said she didn't care if her kids were gay but that she thought it was a choice, and Andy was like, yeah no. 

He also said that Ken had better tits than her now. I'd like to think most husbands would just be like please get the implants removed if they could be making you sick, you're beautiful just the way you are. 

Most men aren’t David Foster! King (of shallowness) who acted like his wife was a lemon like a bad used car. I was horrified when she said that in her book. 
The nosy part of me wants to know the cruel below the belt statements he said to her 

6 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Most men aren’t David Foster! King (of shallowness) who acted like his wife was a lemon like a bad used car. I was horrified when she said that in her book. 
The nosy part of me wants to know the cruel below the belt statements he said to her 

It's so sad. I hated what he said with cameras rolling, I can't imagine how much worse he might have been off camera. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It's so sad. I hated what he said with cameras rolling, I can't imagine how much worse he might have been off camera. 

Didn’t he get all pissy when people at his house were talking while he was playing piano?  He seems like a real turd.  I bet crystal knows who he is though🙄

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
On 9/17/2021 at 10:33 PM, RealHousewife said:

It's strange that their stories are so similar. 

I think all of Yolanda's kids are beautiful and seem lovely. It's just funny that Bella appears to have stolen Carla Bruni's face. lol

ciin15051802-01-Bella-Hadid-Carla-Bruni.

Bella has had plastic surgery and so has Carla Bruni.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Bella has had plastic surgery and so has Carla Bruni.

I don't doubt Carla's probably had stuff done to preserve her looks, but I said I thought her beauty was natural as a young model because in all the younger pictures I've seen of her, her nose and everything else looks the same to me. 

• Love 3
On 9/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, RealHousewife said:

I don't doubt Carla's probably had stuff done to preserve her looks, but I said I thought her beauty was natural as a young model because in all the younger pictures I've seen of her, her nose and everything else looks the same to me. 

To me, Carla has always looked like Carla. 
Bella and Gigi? Beautiful young women but they’ve both had a huge glam up. 

• Love 4
On 9/17/2021 at 9:55 PM, LemonSoda said:

David dropped her like a hot potato. It’s sad how he handled it all. 
Gigi is a beautiful woman who seems very sweet but I do wish she had continued her education. 

She was always concerned about how her illness was affecting David, seeing herself as a “burden.” She would try to sound jokey about it, and at first I thought she was just concerned about others, but I came to believe that must have been his attitude toward her. Just sad. She shouldn’t have had to worry about a thing like that on top of Lyme.

Refresh my memory — did he go straight to McPhee after the divorce, or did that come later? Whenever I see him I can’t help but think of Yo. I liked her, and sorry, but I can’t help but think he ran out on her because the “in sickness and in health” part got just a little too real.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

She was always concerned about how her illness was affecting David, seeing herself as a “burden.” She would try to sound jokey about it, and at first I thought she was just concerned about others, but I came to believe that must have been his attitude toward her. Just sad. She shouldn’t have had to worry about a thing like that on top of Lyme.

Refresh my memory — did he go straight to McPhee after the divorce, or did that come later? Whenever I see him I can’t help but think of Yo. I liked her, and sorry, but I can’t help but think he ran out on her because the “in sickness and in health” part got just a little too real.

It was definitely his attitude toward her. It was heartbreaking to read about it in her book. Even after basically saying what a jerk he was, she still acted like she failed him. It was disturbing to read. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

To me, Carla has always looked like Carla. 
Bella and Gigi? Beautiful young women but they’ve both had a huge glam up. 

Gigi actually looks more or less the same to me as when she was a kid, it’s Bella that looks like she’s had some stuff done imo. She was always pretty, but she is stunning now. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
On 9/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, charming said:

The women of the show were upset that LVP got a spin off and would use those cast members on Beverly Hills. Yo wanted a lifestyle spin off show and never got it. She cried salty tears.

Rewatching season 6 yesterday solidified my opinion that Yo killed this franchise, Erika burned it to the ground and Rinna annoyingly danced on the ground to ensure nothing could ever grow from it again. It's now incredibly clear especially during this season how bitter the other HWs were at the success of Vanderpump Rules. 

I think LVP can be super shady, but the gymnastics used to blame her for literally everything were too much.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

She seemed to be more down to earth compared to the others but really I think she was just a better actress than we thought. All the my love my love my love and then they divorced.Can you say fake? 

My take was that both Yolanda and David were super-insincere people and that they were negotiating the terms of their divorce throughout season 6. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Yolanda and David's old Malibu house is on the market, asking price 35 million. Whoever bought the house from them made some interesting design choices.  Looks like The Refrigerator is gone too.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Yolanda and David's old Malibu house is on the market, asking price 35 million. Whoever bought the house from them made some interesting design choices.  Looks like The Refrigerator is gone too.

Sad! I liked Yolanda’s interior design. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

Sad! I liked Yolanda’s interior design. 

Me too! Her design aesthetic is parallel to my own. I like open space, and more of contemporary (with clean lines) design. Yolanda's fridge was pretty fricking cool.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Wicked said:

Do you have a link?

• Love 4
On 9/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, LemonSoda said:

I believe she was sick to an extent. Like many others I thought it was due to her implants. I had a friend who had mysterious auto immune issues then she had her implants removed and suddenly everything was back to normal. Where Yolanda lost me was going down the rabbit hole of weird “cures”. I went through that with my Mom. 

So I too thought Yo was jumping from one interesting "cure" to another, she mentioned she went to Switzerland for treatment for Lyme Disease, thought that was an interesting choice but my neighbor, (very normal people) has a daughter that suffered with Lyme Disease terribly and they went to Switzerland for treatment! It must have worked because I have not heard anything about issues in years. 

My question about Yolanda is that she said after taking her implants out she was cured of whatever was ailing her, prior to that she was 100% sure it was Lyme's, at the big fundraiser gala that she gave a speech she mentioned that two of her children also had Lyme's Disease but we have not heard about symptoms or cures for those kids or either of them speaking about at any time, have we?  Did Yo think the disease was contagious or inherited?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Wicked said:

Definitely some bold and interesting choices. Do I need to say it? There's a topiary monkey hanging from the dining room chandelier. I like little touches of whimsey in design, but that felt random to me. Here's a chandelier probably costing five to six figures. How can we enhance it? I know! Let's hang a topiary monkey from it! 

I always loved Yo's fridge. I also always knew it would be an impractical and sometimes embarrassing choice in my house. I raised two boys and their friends were here all the time. I could have the fridge spotless, walk away, and 30 seconds later I'd open it and it would look like a hurricane went through it. So beautiful? Yes - for people who don't actually eat. Practical? Not so much. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

here's a topiary monkey hanging from the dining room chandelier. I like little touches of whimsey in design, but that felt random to me. Here's a chandelier probably costing five to six figures. How can we enhance it? I know! Let's hang a topiary monkey from it! 

The astroturf covered outdoor furniture was interesting also.  🤔

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, dbell1 said:

What in the fresh hell of interior design choices is this thing? 😂

image.thumb.jpeg.6fe8ad0e818803207ee71b97c7036b15.jpegThe butterflies were even worse.

That would scare me every time I walked into the room, thinking it was some random neighborhood cat.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, babykin said:

I don’t know if I believe it. But what a fucking mess 😳

I don’t know either tbh. I forgot about it, but this reminded me of when she acted like Ken was violent when he lightly touched her arm. Anyone else remember something like that? 

His statement didn’t really deny it though! 

I feel really bad for Gigi. She’s always seemed like such a sweet girl. Hopefully she and the baby stay safe. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10

Two points.

1) Given that Yolanda once claimed Ken struck/grabbed/pushed her when video footage showed he merely touched her arm, I’m very skeptical of Yolanda’s claim. 

2) Zayn says he doesn’t want this incident to interfere with his ability to coparent his daughter. Typically the term coparenting is used in the context of parents who are no longer together. I have heard it used with parents who are still romantic partners but it’s used much less often in that context. I wonder if Zayn and Gigi split up. It would also be weird for Yolanda to make this claim if Gigi and Zayn were together and his response oddly specifies his ability to coparent rather than his relationship with Gigi as a whole. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

What some have noticed about Zayn's statement is that it sounds like he's admitting guilt without coming right out and saying it. 

I don't know enough about him to have an opinion. That said I think he should have kept it to "No Comment." Sometimes I think trying to defend oneself, even if you're in the right, ends up making you look worse if you're not careful.

I heard, a few weeks back, that Gigi and Zayn broke up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3