Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I think that lemons can lighten hair...

Marketing opportunity?

Yasss!  Great opportunity although it was already done in the 1970s.  Anybody remember 'Lemon Up' shampoo and conditioner and I believe there was a lightening spray but I can't find evidence of it online.

Picture_4.png

ETA:  The spray was 'Sun In' which had lemon in it.  Not by the same company, though.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Yasss!  Great opportunity although it was already done in the 1970s.  Anybody remember 'Lemon Up' shampoo and conditioner and I believe there was a lightening spray but I can't find evidence of it online.

Picture_4.png

ETA:  The spray was 'Sun In' which had lemon in it.  Not by the same company, though.

I used that spray!

And I bet there are others who would try it today.

I can't remember if it actually worked. I'm sure that I thought it did.

• Love 2

I used that spray!

And I bet there are others who would try it today.

I can't remember if it actually worked. I'm sure that I thought it did.

Pssst, Sun-In is still available and has been continuously since the '70s. And it works! At least if you have dark blond hair to begin with. I'm 53 years old and every new stylist I've gone to over the past 15 years has complimented my "natural" honey blond color and minimal gray. I tell them my "secret" and they can't believe it.

ETA: General warning: I am the only person I know who it works well for.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

She says that Anwar has it too. From what I have read, the term "chronic Lyme" is up for debate. Some doctors call it that, others do not. But I mean really, did the tick jump from person to person in that house or what? I live in Louisiana and have never known someone to have Lyme disease, but maybe it is not common down here unlike West Nile from mosquitoes.

The whole thing seems fishy IMO.

• Love 2

Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) and steeped chamomile flowers (buds).  Apply, sit in the sun, repeat often.  Worked great for dirty blondes like me.  But then, I used baby oil with iodine as a suntan starter.  :~)

Boy does that bring back memories. Raise one for the "good ole days" when ignorance truly was bliss.

As far as Yolanda I really don't know what to make of her. She certainly seems to have an agenda where her children are concerned.

• Love 2

As far as Yolanda I really don't know what to make of her. She certainly seems to have an agenda where her children are concerned.

She really does. I understand wanting them to have success and even fame, but she seems to be in the Kris Jenner camp of making sure they're always dating someone high profile. Won't these children inherit their father's millions? She seems very concerned about their future financial well being.

Did the same tick get both Yo and Bella?

• Love 2

Lyme is transmitted via tick bites. But, a few articles suggest the following:

Lyme may also be transmitted by:

Contaminated blood transfusions

During pregnancy

Fluid exchange during intercourse

Exposure to feces from animals/people infected with Borrelia

Sexual transmission is the one and only way that some doctors are agreeing it may be transferred. So, Yo, better be careful what you say about your kids' health.

http://canlyme.com/lyme-prevention/transmission/

My son found 14 ticks on him this June. Four had pierced his skin and he got antibiotics each time. He has an artificial knee so his doctor was worried about infections. Luckily he never caught Lymes disease. When you have a wet spring it seems there are more ticks. They were hellishly rampant here. Lots of rabbits and deer roam our almost four acre property. We then had the property sprayed July, August and September and never saw another tick or mosquito for that matter. The spray was used everywhere up in trees and on the grounds. It's a natural spay containing garlic extract. Where I live only a natural insecticide can be used.

If I can eliminate ticks with an inexpensive natural spray I hope Yolanda is doing the same. Bet the bunnies and deer appreciate it also.

None of our cats had any ticks this year either! Why doesn't Yolanda tell everyone how to eliminate ticks? I don't get it.

Edited by talula
  • Love 9

Is Yolanda trying to make Lyme the new Scientology? It is unreal to me the lengths she is resorting to in order to further her warped [self] diagnosis. She is ridiculous and I will say in my best Judge Judy voice: What is wrong with you? There is something wrong with you. [end JJ voice] I don't understand why she doesn't just join a cult and go away. Either as a member or as their leader. I hope the hell we don't have to suffer through her ridiculousness on my beloved RHBH show.

Seriously, I am beyond sick of her.

Again, maybe it is just because I am beyond sick of her stupid ass.

* Thank you. Thank you.

I feel the exact same way.

• Love 4

Whoa! Slow down there, Mrs. My Love! I have chronic Lyme, although I haven't made it a lifestyle, I don't want you as my spokeswoman. And, I am still baffled, as I always have been, as how you escaped the classic joint deterioration of Lyme.

• Love 7

How much longer is David going to stick around?  I think she's Munchausen by Proxy.  

On her kids, wow, they really are gorgeous. Bella's nose job isn't very good, but the eyes, the figure.  They seemed to have benefited from Mohammed's exotic features mixed with Yolanda's nordic features.

On Yolanda, I don't know what she did to her face, but she looks like lumpy candle wax with a silly putty nose.

Is Yolanda mentally ill?  Surely, she wouldn't invent this story in her right mind.  As far as I know, Lyme's disease is not a genetic disease that is passed from parent to child.  Where have Yo and two of her children been that they would be bitten by deer ticks at different times?  No statement from David when nearly his entire family is "afflicted"?  None of this adds up.  Here is what Yolanda said in her speech in NYC last weekend, with Bella and Anwar standing beside her -- natch:

“I honestly don’t have the proper words in my vocabulary to describe to you the darkness, the pain, and the unknown hell I’ve lived these past years. I actually did not live. I just existed in a jail of my own paralyzed brain. This disease has brought me to my knees. Many nights I wish to die. I pray that I will just wash away into heaven, where there will be no pain. God had different plans for me. He changed my destiny when my two youngest children, Bella and Anwar, were diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease in early 2012. Watching my babies struggle in silence in order to support me and my journey struck the deepest chord of hopelessness inside of me, and it’s because of them that I’m motivated to stand here in front of you today.'

“I don’t deserve this award. This award is for Anwar and Bella. This is my token and my promise to you that I will not allow you to live a life of pain and suffering. I will walk to the end of the earth to find a cure so that you can live a healthy life that you deserve. No child should suffer in the way that you do.”

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Wow.  So Yo, Anwar & Bella were walking in the woods ... OR Yo somehow infected her children through her Limey secretions ... OR Yo is secretly still nursing them leaky boob implant solution ... OR there is something very, very wrong with her (besides the Lymes).  I hate to cast aspersions upon the illnesses of others - but why have we not heard ONE WORD about this since 2012, when they were allegedly suffering so, and she was on the full-tilt hashtag bandwagon?  Oh, right, they suffered in silence and did not share in their mother's eternal quests for treatments and a cure.  Because they love her so, and she'd rather cure herself than her own children. 

• Love 12

Wow.  So Yo, Anwar & Bella were walking in the woods ... OR Yo somehow infected her children through her Limey secretions ... OR Yo is secretly still nursing them leaky boob implant solution ... OR there is something very, very wrong with her (besides the Lymes).  I hate to cast aspersions upon the illnesses of others - but why have we not heard ONE WORD about this since 2012, when they were allegedly suffering so, and she was on the full-tilt hashtag bandwagon?  Oh, right, they suffered in silence and did not share in their mother's eternal quests for treatments and a cure.  Because they love her so, and she'd rather cure herself than her own children. 

I could buy that they all had Lymes, not Chronic Lymes as she claims though, but that she has never mentioned 2 of her kids also having it during her quest for a cure makes me doubt her claims. Is Yolanda now using this illness for her kids because she refuses to give up the adulation from HW viewers and the Lymes Disease community now that she is recovering from the silicone leak, the rel cause of her illness?

• Love 8

Do lemon trees cause Lyme disease?

-excerpt

While deer usually gets the blame for spreading tick-borne disease, rodents are actually the primary threat. According to Richard Ostfeld, a disease ecologist at a Lyme disease research center:7

“The resurgence of deer population is an overblown factor. Our research suggests that white-footed mice are more important numerically. Basically, mice are a fantastic host for both the tick and [the bacteria that causes Lyme].”

Ticks are not born with the Lyme spirochetes. It picks up the bacteria when feeding on an infected host.8 Ostfeld’s research indicates that white-footed mice infect 75-95 percent of larval ticks that feed on them, while deer only infect about one percent.

Urban sprawl and hunting has eliminated many of the mice’s natural predators, allowing populations to grow, and with them comes infected ticks. This year, ticks are epidemic in certain areas of the US, including Illinois.

The CDC has identified high-risk counties in 17 states, including Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New York, Iowa, Michigan, and Minnesota.

What Is Lyme Disease?

Lyme disease refers to illnesses transferred by biting or blood-sucking insects. The bacterium responsible for Lyme infection is Borrelia burgdorferi, 9 a “cousin” to the spirochete bacterium that causes syphilis.

Many still attribute transmission of Lyme disease exclusively to ticks (in the US, the black-legged deer tick, Ixodes scapularis; in Europe, the castor bean tick, I. ricinus.).10

But according to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt — one the leading authorities on Lyme disease — the bacteria can also be spread by other biting or blood-sucking insects, including mosquitoes, spiders, fleas, and mites.

Common side effects of tick bites include an itchy “bull’s eye” rash, pain, fever, and inflammation.

However, you don’t have to get the hallmark “bull’s eye” as this rash occurs only in about half of those infected, so absence of such a rash does not exclude the possibility of a tick bite. Symptoms of Lyme disease typically start out with:

Unrelenting fatigue

Recurring fever

Headaches / migraines

Achy muscles and/or joints

If left untreated, the disease may progress to muscle spasms, loss of motor coordination, and even intermittent paralysis, meningitis, or heart problems.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/07/29/lyme-disease-tick-epidemic.aspx

• Love 4

Thanks Avaleigh. Ha The haircut is fine, I just hate Yolanda right now. And it is like this guy is inside Yolanda's brain:  http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/lyme.html

It is a long thing, but so interesting how he has Yolanda's pattern down pat, if you read the whole thing, which I did

because I am interested in how Lyme has been hijacked by quacks, either on the caregiver side or the patient side. This whole site has Yolanda's mode of operation down pat.

eta

If you aren't inclined to read the whole thing, it does pay to skim the article to look for Yolanda-isms. She is caught up in a whole scam. If you scroll down to the paragraph title Reliable sources which provides links in blue, it should clear up questions about lyme and then the paragraph title Bottom Line sums up Yolanda completely.

Thanks for that link. Very interesting read. Notable that the overuse of antibiotics for Lyme can cause neurological side effects.

Another thing with Yolanda that I have always worried about was all the vitamins and herbal meds she was taking. In my nursing experience I have seen serious side effects from these types of drugs. Usually cardiac in nature but the toxicity of taking so many different drugs can also be hard on the organs which process and filter them too. More isn't always better.

• Love 4

I was joking about lemons causing Lyme disease.

Trust as someone who spent many a summer frockiling in rural, wooded parts of Connecticut nd Massachusetts and had to check myself and our pets for ticks every time we ventured outside, I am well aware how it's transmitted.

• Love 4

I was joking about lemons causing Lyme disease.

Trust as someone who spent many a summer frockiling in rural, wooded parts of Connecticut nd Massachusetts and had to check myself and our pets for ticks every time we ventured outside, I am well aware how it's transmitted.

There's an epidemic of Lymes disease in certain states, unfortunately that's no joke.

Someone mentioned "What must David think?" and I am guessing he's feeling pretty much stuck, if he indeed is tired of all of this. He can't leave Yolanda now, people would call him a heartless cad to leave her during her severe illness. And with two kids having it also, granted they aren't his children.... but that's three people he'd be turning his back on.

I am saying this with a huge block of salt, because I would hate to think Yolanda is spinning this to keep him around. But at this point, yes, that's what I think. Just my opinion. It's one thing to have Lyme disease, get treatment from your doctor, and slowly recover. It's another to go all over the world looking for "cures" and now having two kids with the same disease as if it's something she passed on to them.

I just don't get it.

• Love 7

Anwar is a stone fox. Of the three kids, he's the one who should be a model. He's young Elvis Presley pretty.

That's it!! Thank you, I could not figure out who Anwar reminded me of.

Yolanda has produced some gorgeous kids, I'll give her that.

• Love 5

Biakbiak, I just knew you were kidding!  LOL  Next, we'll be hearing about a Lemon and Lyme disease, and it will be all your fault!  :)

It's never been any secret that I've liked and admired Yolanda since her first appearance on the show, and I've frequently regarded her as one of only two HWs with any good sense (the other being Eileen).  Something happened to my feelings after Yo's trip to the Cleveland Clinic when the culprit switched from Lyme's to a faulty breast implant.  My antennae shot up, and now this revelation about two of her children has been like a blow to my judgment.  Like others here, I truly don't know what to think.  I have a sinking feeling that I've been "had."

All I can say on a personal level is that Yo has a lot of explaining to do before I'm satisfied that she's beyond reproach on this matter.  I've disliked the way in which she has nearly forced her daughters to follow her into the modeling profession, and I've frowned on the near nudity they've displayed, while Yo has applauded it.  Still, those were personal preferences on Yo's part and didn't reflect on her honesty.  This little episode DOES!  I'd like to see all the cards out on the table for everyone to see.

• Love 3

I could buy that they all had Lymes, not Chronic Lymes as she claims though, but that she has never mentioned 2 of her kids also having it during her quest for a cure makes me doubt her claims. Is Yolanda now using this illness for her kids because she refuses to give up the adulation from HW viewers and the Lymes Disease community now that she is recovering from the silicone leak, the rel cause of her illness?

Yes.

From the onset of my forum postings, I have indicated that I believed Yolanda to be an egotistical manipulating prevaricator compounded by the possession and exhibition of grandiose self-delusions, endless hypocrisy, overtly jealous behaviors while performing subversive undermining tactics of those that she envies.

Also, she is a Fame'ho'ing liar.

• Love 12

I thought that Yolanda might come out with the excuse that she didn't "out" the kids because she didn't want them to be ostracized at school or by modeling agencies.  People in general are fairly uneducated about Lymes and might fear becoming ill from a classmate or fellow model who has the disease.  It seems to me that it would be a pretty flimsy excuse because it doesn't make sense with Anwar.  I'm fooling around with a variety of stories that Yolanda might use to explain away her revelations at the dinner, but so far I think I'm coming up empty handed.  What in the world has been going on in her head? 

You know, I think there are a few things going on with the Lyme Disease issue. I think, more than anything else that it is Yolanda's use of the term "chronic" that is causing the majority of the confusion. Doctor's still don't recognize a condition as "Chronic Lyme Disease," they only recognize Lyme Disease. I think when Yolanda said that even some of her family members were questioning her illness, it was most likely that they were questioning the chronic part. So now, Yolanda is saying that her two youngest children also have Chronic Lyme Disease, not Lyme Disease, Chronic Lyme Disease. 

It is entirely feasible that while Yolanda may have contracted Lyme Disease, it is also just as feasible that her leaky implants, the onset of menopause, and whatever viral infection she found out she contracted as a child were the contributing factors to the Chronic part of the "diagnosis". I put diagnosis in quotes because I don't think a Western doctor diagnosed it as chronic. I suspect it was a self diagnosis and that she got some of the many other practitioners and quacks to confirm so that they could sell her different treatments. 

Is it possible that 3 people from the same home all contracted Lyme Disease? I don't know. But considering the lemon orchards, the large amounts wooded property to roam, the horse riding through woods, it isn't that far fetched. But, I think in Yolanda's mind Chronic Lyme Disease is much more awe inspiring and moving than Lyme Disease. Now that people know about the leaky implants and how they affected her, if she starts to show major improvement, she is no longer a spokesperson for Chronic Lyme Disease and finding a cure. So, why not admit that her children also have Chronic Lyme Disease? Of course, she is forgetting that we have seen how active her kids are and how they have shown no signs of debilitation. Both Bella and Anwar are/were athletes. Anwar is able to carry his mother around and Bella is able to travel, model and be seen with little sign of physical debilitation. So, I don't think they were suffering silently so that their mother could go on this journey. I doubt that if it was a truly chronic condition either of them would have been cleared to play sports.But, if they had both been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and had been treated with the standard rounds of antibiotics, it most likely wouldn't have slowed them down.

• Love 3

You know, I think there are a few things going on with the Lyme Disease issue. I think, more than anything else that it is Yolanda's use of the term "chronic" that is causing the majority of the confusion. Doctor's still don't recognize a condition as "Chronic Lyme Disease," they only recognize Lyme Disease. I think when Yolanda said that even some of her family members were questioning her illness, it was most likely that they were questioning the chronic part. So now, Yolanda is saying that her two youngest children also have Chronic Lyme Disease, not Lyme Disease, Chronic Lyme Disease.

It is entirely feasible that while Yolanda may have contracted Lyme Disease, it is also just as feasible that her leaky implants, the onset of menopause, and whatever viral infection she found out she contracted as a child were the contributing factors to the Chronic part of the "diagnosis". I put diagnosis in quotes because I don't think a Western doctor diagnosed it as chronic. I suspect it was a self diagnosis and that she got some of the many other practitioners and quacks to confirm so that they could sell her different treatments.

Is it possible that 3 people from the same home all contracted Lyme Disease? I don't know. But considering the lemon orchards, the large amounts wooded property to roam, the horse riding through woods, it isn't that far fetched. But, I think in Yolanda's mind Chronic Lyme Disease is much more awe inspiring and moving than Lyme Disease. Now that people know about the leaky implants and how they affected her, if she starts to show major improvement, she is no longer a spokesperson for Chronic Lyme Disease and finding a cure. So, why not admit that her children also have Chronic Lyme Disease? Of course, she is forgetting that we have seen how active her kids are and how they have shown no signs of debilitation. Both Bella and Anwar are/were athletes. Anwar is able to carry his mother around and Bella is able to travel, model and be seen with little sign of physical debilitation. So, I don't think they were suffering silently so that their mother could go on this journey. I doubt that if it was a truly chronic condition either of them would have been cleared to play sports.But, if they had both been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and had been treated with the standard rounds of antibiotics, it most likely wouldn't have slowed them down.

It does seem odd that after her leaking breast implant story was known all of a sudden her two children have chronic Lyme Disease??? What are the odds of that?

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) does not use the term "chronic" Lyme Disease instead they refer to it as "Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome."

CDC Lyme Disease symptoms-

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/signs_symptoms/index.html

-excerpt

"Patients treated with appropriate antibiotics in the early stages of Lyme disease usually recover rapidly and completely. Antibiotics commonly used for oral treatment include doxycycline, amoxicillin, or cefuroxime axetil. Patients with certain neurological or cardiac forms of illness may require intravenous treatment with drugs such as ceftriaxone or penicillin.

In a small percentage of cases, these symptoms can last for more than 6 months. Although sometimes called "chronic Lyme disease," this condition is properly known as "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS). The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has funded several studies on the treatment of Lyme disease which show that most patients recover when treated with a few weeks of antibiotics taken by mouth. For details on research into what is sometimes referred to as “chronic Lyme disease” and long-term treatment trials sponsored by NIH, visit the NIH Lyme Disease web site."

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/treatment/index.html

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

zoeysmom, thanks for the stats. The odds of three people in the same family all coming down with it in the space of a few years? Hard to believe.

Saw this story when I was perusing gossip rags at the salon. If Yolanda's kids are now exhibiting some of the same symptoms, she would do well to check if her kids have started taking any of the same unregulated supplements she takes. Just because it says "natural" on the label or comes from Whole Foods doesn't make it safe. I truly hope their health hasn't been affected and this is just for publicity. I also hope she hasn't been toying with their heads and convincing them they have symptoms. :(

• Love 11

So does this make Bella and Anwar liars? Have either of them confirmed their diagnosis?

I'm waiting for her pronouncement that Lyme disease was the cause of Bella's DUI and messy car.  Meanwhile, suddenly she seems to be promoting Anwar.  Did he reach the legal age to get a nose job so now he's beautiful too?

• Love 6

Why am I now thinking she is a female Brooks?

I am reminded of the I love Lucy when it was Little Ricky's birthday and the parents were in Italy "Hey wadda you know it's a my birthday too" except it's "Hey wadda you know my kids have Lyme disease too!"

He illness and her endless instagramming of it has become tedious to me and I don't really care if she or her kids have it or not.

• Love 9

WOW! I just jumped over here after trying to shake off Teen Mom2 and now 2 of her children have it too?! 

MONKEY!!!!

You, too?? LOL Teen Mom is about reading about another baby or divorce. Here, it is YoFo Lyme Disease being passed to her kids.

Oh for fuck's sake!! Burn down the mansion and go live in a quarantined tent somewhere out in the Mojave, YoFo. Last I checked, Malibu and Beverly Hills are not in the middle of a tick infestation. As for her kids, unless there are ticks in the clubs (aside from the idiots and coke heads), I am dumbfounded as to how three people in the same household acquire LD.

Do Bella and Anwar have breast implants as well? Isn't that what caused YoFo's issue? The last time I checked in here, that is where I left off.  I am sick of this damn game she is playing. It is not funny. It is unbelievable and it is a mockery to those who truly suffer from LD.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

You, too?? LOL Teen Mom is about reading about another baby or divorce. Here, it is YoFo Lyme Disease being passed to her kids.

Oh for fuck's sake!! Burn down the mansion and go live in a quarantined tent somewhere out in the Mojave, YoFo. Last I checked, Malibu and Beverly Hills are not in the middle of a tick infestation. As for her kids, unless there are ticks in the clubs (aside from the idiots and coke heads), I am dumbfounded as to how three people in the same household acquire LD.

Do Bella and Anwar have breast implants as well? Isn't that what caused YoFo's issue? The last time I checked in here, that is where I left off.  I am sick of this damn game she is playing. It is not funny. It is unbelievable and it is a mockery to those who truly suffer from LD.

The kids having Lyme press is Yo's way of distancing herself from implant issues. She's invested in Lyme but I imagine leaky implants could have been her story if she had known of that problem first. Either one would give her press but dealing with both muddies her "story." I think being a champion for and face of Lyme disease is her goal. She's said that having a life style brand was her goal for joining HW so perhaps we'll now see a holistic line of crap.
  • Love 7

I am stunned, with the traipsing all over the planet for medical care, that somewhere along the way Yo was not asked for and did not provide a complete medical history specifically including any/all prior surgeries. I am further stunned that all those providers saw "breast augmentation" with a date of surgery that far in the past and didn't pursue it, immediately. There is beaucoup documentation of various complications if implants leak when the surgery is recent, let alone when it is nearly ancient history. It just doesn't make sense.

• Love 8