Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is going to sound crazy, but I think the thing I am going to miss the most is Yolanda's rigid pragmatism in the face of how human beings actually are and how they relate to each other versus her downright hypocrisy in the same circumstances. In Yolanda's world, there is nothing uglier than a drunk woman, unless it's your reality show ally. In Yolanda's world, women should be kind and support each other, unless they are being greedy by ordering a chocolate shake in the middle of a scavenger hunt, or the woman in question is being ridiculed and harassed by the exception to the drunken woman rule. In Yolanda's world, God has given us each a job to do whether we want to do it or not, unless that job involves spending months taking care of an ailing mother when you could be flying on a private jet with your love around the world. 

Yolanda irritated me a lot on the show because she would make these sweeping proclamations about how the other women should behave toward each other, but she always found an exception when it came to the women she was allies with. But, at the same time, it was the type of character trait that made her perfect for Reality Television. I will miss her on the show because of that more than her fridge or her lemons or her table settings. Although, all of those things will be missed too. I think if there had been no Brandi, Yolanda would have competed with Kyle for me as the housewife I snarked on the most. But Brandi was so repulsive that she was all I could see. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 12
(edited)

I like Yolanda.  I've liked her ever since she came onto the show.  Sure, she has her idiocyncracies -- who doesn't?   I like her in spite of them, or maybe even because of them.  I don't get the idea that she's going to lie to us anytime soon.  Her European upbringing makes her different from the rest.  I think she has a good heart, and she means well.  I even like David when his head doesn't get too big.  I think he's truly in love with Yolanda, and that counts with me.  Her kids like him, and he cares about them.  I imagine he's had a hard time of it with Yolanda sick so much.  I know a LOT about that -- when a husband has to do everything because the wife can't.  It's maddening at times for both people, so I give them credit and lots of it!  I wish so much that Yolanda could continue to be on the show, but I want her to get well, and if the show is taxing on her, she shouldn't do it. 

I have always wondered whether Yolanda has gotten in touch with former First Lady Barbara Bush, who suffered from Lyme disease when her husband was in the White House.  She had a bad case of it, but I think she finally beat it.  I thought she might have some advice for Yo.  Whatever happens with RHOBH, I'm glad that Yolanda could be a part of it.  She was so good about accepting others' opinions and insisting that just because someone disagreed didn't mean that they shouldn't be respected.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

MatildaMoody:

This is going to sound crazy, but I think the thing I am going to miss the most is Yolanda's rigid pragmatism in the face of how human beings actually are and how they relate to each other versus her downright hypocrisy in the same circumstances. In Yolanda's world, there is nothing uglier than a drunk woman, unless it's your reality show ally. In Yolanda's world, women should be kind and support each other, unless they are being greedy by ordering a chocolate shake in the middle of a scavenger hunt, or the woman in question is being ridiculed and harassed by the exception to the drunken woman rule. In Yolanda's world, God has given us each a job to do whether we want to do it or not, unless that job involves spending months taking care of an ailing mother when you could be flying on a private jet with your love around the world. 

Yolanda irritated me a lot on the show because she would make these sweeping proclamations about how the other women should behave toward each other, but she always found an exception when it came to the women she was allies with. But, at the same time, it was the type of character trait that made her perfect for Reality Television. I will miss her on the show because of that more than her fridge or her lemons or her table settings. Although, all of those things will be missed too. I think if there had been no Brandi, Yolanda would have competed with Kyle for me as the housewife I snarked on the most. But Brandi was so repulsive that she was all I could see. 

So, basically you will miss YoFo's hypocrisy.

• Love 7

I like Yolanda.  I've liked her ever since she came onto the show.  Sure, she has her idiocyncracies -- who doesn't?   I like her in spite of them, or maybe even because of them.  I don't get the idea that she's going to lie to us anytime soon.  Her European upbringing makes her different from the rest.  I think she has a good heart, and she means well.  I even like David when his head doesn't get too big.  I think he's truly in love with Yolanda, and that counts with me.  Her kids like him, and he cares about them.  I imagine he's had a hard time of it with Yolanda sick so much.  I know a LOT about that -- when a husband has to do everything because the wife can't.  It's maddening at times for both people, so I give them credit and lots of it!  I wish so much that Yolanda could continue to be on the show, but I want her to get well, and if the show is taxing on her, she shouldn't do it. 

I have always wondered whether Yolanda has gotten in touch with former First Lady Barbara Bush, who suffered from Lyme disease when her husband was in the White House.  She had a bad case of it, but I think she finally beat it.  I thought she might have some advice for Yo.  Whatever happens with RHOBH, I'm glad that Yolanda could be a part of it.  She was so good about accepting others' opinions and insisting that just because someone disagreed didn't mean that they shouldn't be respected.

Umm, LisaV was born and raised in England/Europe as well! LOL IMO, just mine, Yolanda said1 thing then did the opposite most of the time. Her rules for the other women did not apply to herself. LOL

• Love 4

By the end of Yolanda's run she had accomplished what she had set out to do--showcase her house and her daughters who want to be models.  They get triple publicity and largely due to Yolanda's presence on RHOBH.  By triple I mean, daughter(s) of RHOBH, sisters, the usual publicity for models who date celebs and of course her (their) very rich daddy.

I expect to see her invite the other over for a group hug.

• Love 6

By the end of Yolanda's run she had accomplished what she had set out to do--showcase her house and her daughters who want to be models.  They get triple publicity and largely due to Yolanda's presence on RHOBH.  By triple I mean, daughter(s) of RHOBH, sisters, the usual publicity for models who date celebs and of course her (their) very rich daddy.

I expect to see her invite the other over for a group hug.

YoFo also pushed LEMONS, LEMONS AND MORE LEMONS along with cleanses.  The lemons and the refrigerator were the real cast members of RHoBH. When I hear YoFo's name, I think lemons, not Lyme.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yolanda was one of the strangest housewives in the entire Housewives universe. She had become a RHoBH staple but does anyone really love Yolanda in the way that they, say, love Lisa Vanderpump or Kyle or Nene? Does anyone really hate Yolanda in the way that they hate Brandi, Kenya or Aviva? There's really nothing particularly noteworthy or polarizing about her. She was very rich and she had great taste. But she was probably one of the least controversial or popular mainstay housewives of all time. I can't say I will miss her, but at the same time, I am kind of sorry she is gone.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 4

Yolanda was one of the strangest housewives in the entire Housewives universe. She had become a RHoBH staple but does anyone really love Yolanda in the way that they, say, love Lisa Vanderpump or Kyle or Nene? Does anyone really hate Yolanda in the way that they hate Brandi, Kenya or Aviva? There's really nothing particularly noteworthy or polarizing about her. She was very rich and she had great taste. But she was probably one of the least controversial or popular mainstay housewives of all time. I can't say I will miss her, but at the same time, I am kind of sorry she is gone.

Yolanda liked to place herself above it all - except when she wasn't.  Like referring to Taylor when saying drunk women are ugly and then excusing Brandi's drunk behavior (single mom, misunderstood).  Calling herself a "girl's girl" and then putting hearts on all her friends place cards where everyone could see it.  I really did like it when she would call someone out and then shut it down.  I've said my piece, let's move on! leaving others with a bewildered look on their faces wondering how they could get their drama inserted.  I could do without her sexy scenes with the King.

• Love 4

BlackMamba, You are correctarrow-10x10.png, when it came out that Avril was diagnosed with Lymes, Yolanda tried to take her under her wing and give her advice. I hope that she didn't take any of it, at all. 

That article was confusing because they had wonky dates and time frames. 

Maybe it is just me but I would want to hear from Lym patients who had a successful recovery.

• Love 1

StewedSquash, sorry, but I didn't see your reply until now.  Barbara Bush had Lyme's disease, not Laura.  I should have said that.  The Bush men have had their own problems, I guess, but I don't really follow them enough to know what's going on with them.  It was a long time ago, when George the First was in the White House.  Doctors thought Barbara might have gotten it up in Maine where they spend the summers.  Barbara sort of disappeared from public view and spent more than a year in the White House battling this disease.  Primarily, it bothered her eyes a lot, and anytime you'd see her in a picture, she wore sunglasses.  I always wondered what happened with it -- whether she beat it or learned to live with it.  There was nothing I ever found in the papers.  Of course, in high society, people don't talk about their health, especially in a public way, so....  That's about all I know.  I just surmised that, given her position, she had the best health care possible and wondered whether Yo had tried to contact her.

But she can't read, can't write. can't tweet, can't speak, can't remember anything! LOL

Ha! Yolanda may not be as malicious as Brandi (although she does have a mean streak) but I think she is as full of crap as Brandi. (I say this as someone who suffers from chronic illness.). I think the difference is that Yolanda disguises her crap much better. She has the self control Brandi lacks, plus her Dutch accent, her wealthy surroundings, and all her lemons. I also think the last one might also be why she acts like her shit doesn't stink!

• Love 7

Different strokes, I think Gigi is lovely in photos and that Bella looks like a dead eyed corpse and not unlike Janice Dickenson midway through the surgeries that destroyed her face.

• Love 4

I saw that over at UKDailyMail. She posted a picture showing where the leaks were. I think this is where her whole problem is coming from but she is still sticking with it is Lyme, with this as an added complication.

And after all the fuss she made about Western medicine, how unrealistic it is and how stunted it is, it is a doctor in, hell I think Ohio?, who diagnosed the leaky faux boobs and removed them. I really want Yolanda to start eating some humble pie regarding her illness. I hope this provides her with a complete recovery. And maybe she could come back and then we will really see that she is a viper under the Dutch zen crap. I just had this thought: Maybe she is holding on to the Lyme's because with it comes the Lyme brain excuse to infinity for all her jerkiness. You go Yo.

edit for spelling

This is exactly the reason why I and many, many others have written that Yolanda needed to seek expert help within the good ole U.S. of A. rather than without. Large numbers of women have experienced ill health due to implants. I do not want any ONE to have weak health. I really do not. But, Yolanda IS similar to Kim. She is ALWAYS right. She brooks no contradiction. And, a large portion of her celebrity status and persona hinge upon a Lyme disease diagnosis. If she indeed does suffer from the disease, I hope that she receives proper medical treatment and recovers or, at least, receives some type of panacea for relief. However, if she does not have it, I cannot envision Yolanda accepting this, thereby relinquishing the concern, pity, and the "strong/brave in the face of adversity" attention that she has garnered.

I have never liked Yolanda. I find her to be intractable, superior, smug, and lacking in true intellect, yet I do not want her to suffer faltering health.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 7

I went searching for medical articles that would link leaky silicone with Yo's symptons.  Nada.  I thought that maybe this was another example of grabbing a diagnosis out of the air.  Then, I found one study posted conducted on Dutch women which linked silicone implants with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Not Lyme Disease.  And CFS seems to exhibit the symptoms I read her as having.   But I guess she can't give up being the brave poster girl for Lyme Disease, can she?

• Love 6

Yeah, I don't think Yolanda will ever recant and say she was misdiagnosed with Lyme's Disease. It has become an integral part of her identity these last few years and she's far too stubborn to admit otherwise.

• Love 6

Yolanda has tweeted and it was picked up by UKDailyMail. She said she isn't getting anymore implants, botox, hair extensions, nor is she wearing nail polish anymore. I don't know if she is going to stop coloring her hair. David must be freaking right about now.

Thanks for the update stewedsquash. Here's a link to the articles...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3198439/No-implants-Botox-hair-extensions-highlights-nail-polish-Yolanda-Foster-vows-toxic-free-surgery-remove-leaky-silicone-battle-against-chronic-illness.html

http://www.eonline.com/news/686622/yolanda-foster-vows-to-be-toxic-free-amid-lyme-disease-battle-no-more-implants-botox-extensions-highlights-or-nail-polish

Edited by talula

He looks like his dad in the photo...at least his height. Hopefully her health-o-meter will get a jump start back toward health and vitality. There's so many pics of her trying to find a cure...too bad her implant seepage was missed. I can't imagine the suffering her family has endured...especially her children and David.

• Love 1

Yolanda has tweeted and it was picked up by UKDailyMail. She said she isn't getting anymore implants, botox, hair extensions, nor is she wearing nail polish anymore. I don't know if she is going to stop coloring her hair. David must be freaking right about now.

Since Yolanda has decided--no more refurbishment, I'm sure that David, upon this revelation, will be "exiting stage left" while contemplating his "next performance".

Edited by BookElitist

I previously posted that Yolanda would have some miraculous turn around in her health and here it is.  Something tells me she will be back to filming in September with her flat chest, gray hair, Botox free face and naked fingernails.  I just knew Yolanda could not stay away for long. 

We will see if this becomes Brandi's back door in as a  friend of.  I wonder if Kyle, Lisa. Lisar, and Eileen paid enough attention to Yolanda in the off season-I can see her making that her storyline.

Why do these stories act as if everyone who has breast implants publicly discloses the same?  I think it rude to ask but I was fairly confident Yolanda had breast implants.  Interesting Andy never asked.

• Love 2

Yolanda reminds me a lot of Bridgette (sp?) Neilson...Flava Flav's ex. For those of you who don't know who flava flav is...DO NOT GOOGLE HIM - you will be scarred for life. But please feel free to google Bridgette Neilson. Not quite as scary!

• Love 3

Quote from David:

Her husband, David Foster, also gave E! News an update on his wife's health struggles in late June.

"She's doing fair. She's just trying to work through it," Foster told E! News at the premiere of Amy. "You know, it's been a tough battle, but she's a fighter.

"She's got big balls," he continued. "They're temporarily cut off, but they'll be back."

My Love sounds like an ass. 

• Love 4

Oh, David! You're so romantic! No wonder your songs are so successful! You're making me swoon!

He's busy writing a love note to Yolanda....

My darling dear hoping you get better soon,

I'm patiently waiting for you to get better cause,

I miss your balls and I'm waiting for them to grow back,

After all it was your balls that first attracted me to you,

Sweet dreams, my love, my ballsy sweetheart.

200_s.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

He's busy writing a love note to Yolanda....

My darling dear hoping you get better soon,

I'm patiently waiting for you to get better cause,

I miss your balls and I'm waiting for them to grow back,

After all it was your balls that first attracted me to you,

Sweet dreams, my love, my ballsy sweetheart.

LOL
  • Love 2

Yolanda going natural..  https://instagram.com/p/6cscl0IsxF/

Somehting tells me if she got a short haircut and put on some real clothes-including a bra that helps fill her out she would look just fine.

She's doing this when she's been tweeting and instagraming the past year making it seem she's got one foot in the coffin? She is a freaking hypochondriac with a massive bank account to indulge her "sickness".

Can't stand her but I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE her house.

• Love 7

Yolanda, My Love, My Lemons, My Lymes, My Leaky Boobs?

Too soon?

No, it is not.  I'm only now just catching up on this, and the leaking silicone implants just make so much sense in relation to the symptoms she was claiming.  But like many of you, I doubt she'll admit that she was wrong.  Regardless, I welcome the return of bitchy shit-stirring Yolanda in full force, and not just the flashes we got last season.  She makes for a very entertaining villain.  

And please make space on the train to hell, because I feel that once she realized that she was on the chopping block because the producers weren't interested in a sick Yolanda story line for another season, she booked it quick to some real medical doctors who, surprise surprise, appeared to find the root cause of her problems, and now she seems to have so much energy just in time for filming!

Edited by Rina99
  • Love 6

I don't know about Yolanda.  Amazing she is on week three after implant removal and making her way to the gym-first treadmill walk in four years.  I seem to recall her doing some pretty kick ass stair climbing and jogging in Paris. 

Implant removal surgery is not that big of a deal.  I would think she would be up and around after a week.  I am guessing since Brandi went to see her yesterday there were some cameras involved.

• Love 2