Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

I subscribe to the belief that Jenelle didn't like the gender of her baby and had an abortion, but I'm trying to make sense of where Dave fits into this situation. It seems like he would want a boy to replace the one he can't see, so which one do you think is true?

A. Jenelle found out the baby was a boy and had an abortion, but told Dave it was a miscarriage, or a medically necessary abortion. 

B. Dave would love a boy and has no plans to raise a girl, but knows he'd better have a baby to cement his place on the show. He knows Jenelle holds the cards, and is going along with this, since a baby of either gender will make him a more essential character. 

• Love 4

I tend to think it was a miscarriage. She got pregnant again quite quickly, so it seems she actually wanted to reproduce with uncle ID channel. And I don't remember her making any comments in the past that she was so so so desperate for a girl that I would make me think she would have sex-selective abortion.  

• Love 4
On 8/29/2016 at 4:02 PM, BitterApple said:

I think pregnancy suits Jenelle because it fills out her face. Normally her face has a weird crescent shape in profile and is very flat when you look at her head-on. The pregnancy puffiness hides the flaws and balances things out.

Let's hope Uncle Dave's face doesn't start swelling in sympathy. His jaw is already quite alarming.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

Let's hope Uncle Dave's face doesn't start swelling in sympathy. His jaw is already quite alarming.

I can't even imagine what this baby is going to look like. Marissa is a cute girl so there's hope, but Dave's features mashed up with Jenelle's Jon Lithgow face makes me nervous for the poor kid. As if she isn't getting the shit end of the stick in life already.

• Love 13

I can't believe these guys denounce MTV on social media!  they should be thanking their lucky stars that they're not out living on food stamps, driving some beat-up old car, or working super-long hours at some crappy job, having the same clothes & handbags for decades, like most real "teen moms" I've known in my life  (all very scrappy and humble ladies, I might add...)

• Love 8

I wonder if Kaiser and Emery get to ever spend any time together. With these people's custody situations, it seems like there are going to be so many half-siblings that barely know each other. 

Not to mention, half siblings that their non-custodial parent also doesn't have custody of, see Nathan and UBT.  Jenelle really knows how to pick'em.

Why wasn't Dave allowed in? Were they making a scene already? 

UBT was trying to get in on a ticket that was in Barb's name.  They wouldn't let him in.

I'm really sad to see these posts about those of you trying so hard to have children of your own.  Then this trashy woman just conceives over and over, aborting/miscarrying/whatever and then she's pregnant again.  Jenelle is a raging sociopath to expect the general public to swallow her tales of woe.

Anyway to those of you still trying, I wish you much success.  I hope your dreams come true!

• Love 6

Jenelle wanting to sue MTV is laughable. She cries about them giving her a bad edit, but they can't film things that don't happen. If you don't want to be portrayed (rightfully) as a selfish trainwreck, don't act like one. I wouldn't be surprised if MTV's editing was actually quite flattering, I'm sure Jenelle gives them much more material that ends up on the cutting room floor because they don't want to be accused of condoning the worst of her behaviour. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Thorkim said:

WTF is wrong with his hand?  Looks strange, maybe it's the lighting.  This should not be celebrated for sure, tho. (Meaning the birth)

Looks like Vitiligo  (sp?) a genetic skin condition.  There is sooooo much other stuff to make fun of about him, he can't control this.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I think the texts from the fake business meeting came from Uncle ID Channel's phone or they went and bought a cheap, throwaway phone and sent them to her.  The spelling and grammar are SO him!

Or a texting app (I've been watching "Catfish" lately. It's what a lot of them use 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Why was Jenelle in a hotel room watching the VMAs if she was supposed to be at a business meeting?

Best not to question the wisdom of Jenelle.  This is the girl who told the police officer that she was speeding to get to the Kesha concert and who thinks that becoming a medical assistant with a documented history of drug abuse is a good idea.  

Let's just add that point to the long list of stupid crap that she has said/done.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Pdxblonde said:

Or a texting app (I've been watching "Catfish" lately. It's what a lot of them use 

Could be...but if Jenelle sent the texts to herself, wouldn't she TRY to sound more professional? I mean, that's really sad if she can't even catfish herself properly. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Katt said:

I think it was a Miley Cyrus concert. Not that it makes any difference...

The Ke$ha concert was why she missed her court date and had a warrant out. AND WHY SHE HAD THOSE FEATHERS IN HER HAIR, DUDE. Still the greatest client / lawyer scene this side of A Few Good Men. Nothing matches the sheer confusion on her lawyer's face. At 25 she's had more attorneys than OJ.

The Miley Cyru$ concert was the speeding. Yeah, I know this stuff as a 40 year old married man. 

• Love 22

I think it's super cute how well Jace & Maryssa get along, like he introduced her to Babs the first time, and then in one of the clips, Babs was over & he was like, "Maryssa's here!" or something.

(I would imagine that Babs was thinking, "get her away from me, no more extra children!" LOL)

Edited by teapot
  • Love 8

Can we all agree that based on years of behavior, Jenelle is indeed heading toward some sort of disaster? Maybe not the most dire kind, but something really dark that will likely drag down a lot of people around her? Like basically a female Danny Bonaduce sort? repeated rehabs, phyiscal abuse, jail, bankruptcy, are any of these LOW percentage probabilities? Do you feel like Larry Musnick and Dia Sokol Savage will feel badly for enabling it? Will her producers feel terrible for having observed it and helped it along, even tacitly so? There are children involved here, I'd like to think that these producers aren't evil people...so at some point don't they have to ask themselves "Are we obliged to make a decision that's best for the kids and cut all this off?"

• Love 8

There are children involved here, I'd like to think that these producers aren't evil people...so at some point don't they have to ask themselves "Are we obliged to make a decision that's best for the kids and cut all this off?"

I think the same thing. I then imagine the producers and camera people are just like the crews on wild animal documentaries - just let nature take its course and don't interfere.

Yeah, I know this stuff as a 40 year old married man. 

LOL

@Uncle JUICE I gotta ask this question. Do you ever talk to your spouse about the show? Are they a viewer as well?  I got my husband hooked on this show so many seasons ago. He told me the other day how a few of his female co-workers mentioned watching this show. Those co-workers are in their early to late 40s. 

What about the rest of you? Do you talk to your spouses about the show?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I think the same thing. I then imagine the producers and camera people are just like the crews on wild animal documentaries - just let nature take its course and don't interfere.

LOL

@Uncle JUICE I gotta ask this question. Do you ever talk to your spouse about the show? Are they a viewer as well?  I got my husband hooked on this show so many seasons ago. He told me the other day how a few of his female co-workers mentioned watching this show. Those co-workers are in their early 40's.

I try to, but Mr. Chevious doesn't want to hear it. He calls the show a major trainwreck and can't understand why I watch it. 

• Love 2

Um.... I don't actually watch the show. I think I watched 15 minutes of it last season because I can't handle the stupidity on my screen. However, I read all the recaps and the commentary on here and I have my little sister (who is an avid watcher) believing that I actually watch it so we can gossip about it.   I'm not sure what that says about me as an almost 39 year old woman.....    

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

@Uncle JUICE I gotta ask this question. Do you ever talk to your spouse about the show? Are they a viewer as well?  I got my husband hooked on this show so many seasons ago. He told me the other day how a few of his female co-workers mentioned watching this show. Those co-workers are in their early to late 40s. 

Hell yeah, we both got into it about the same time. She's the one who pushes for a live view, I say screw that, let it build up on the DVR so we can watch the 28 minutes of content faster. Love!

• Love 8

My husband is oblivious to these tools. I watch  TV in the living room and he watches TV in the bedroom. I snark on it with my friend's 17 year old daughter. She's a very busy kid with two jobs and prepping for college. She'll call me and ask me to catch her up when she hasn't been able to watch and she knows I snark here, so has me keep her up to date with the trainwrecks off season :)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

She's shown a whole lot more dedication to Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha than to her own children over the past few years. I bet you wouldn't catch her getting a speeding ticket because she was just dying to see Jace.

No, but you would catch her speeding down the freeway, trying to chase Nathan down to make him take his turn with Kaiser. She likely wouldn't chase him to get Kaiser BACK. But when she needs her "me time", she's going to track that sucker down. 

2 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

I try to, but Mr. Chevious doesn't want to hear it. He calls the show a major trainwreck and can't understand why I watch it. 

LOL, Mr Ghoulina is the same way. He actually thinks MTV, in general, is utter trash and wishes I wouldn't even watch anything on that channel. He just can't understand my love of hate-watching! I have a few friends/family members who watch various shows, but I'm so thankful for this forum. The insights and humor cannot be matched elsewhere. 

• Love 9

Mr. Tatum does not watch the show, and mocks me for watching it. You'd think a dude who watched WWE  every Monday and Thursday night would be a little less inclined to throw shade, but it's a nostalgia thing for him.

• Love 6

My boyfriend knows I watch it, but I don't think he has any idea how into it I am. I am trying to get my mom interested, though. Her family is originally from Leland, NC, the tiiiiiny town where Jenelle is currently bumming around. She thinks it's novel that Leland's hit the big time, but she won't watch it. 

• Love 2

My husband watches it now and then with me. He will ask me what the latest gossip is about the show because he knows I come to this board to chat and snark. I have told him how the members here will find the latest real-time details on the cast members. He has asked now and then if Jenelle has been arrested. When I told him Chelsea was pregnant he was bummed. When I told him Maci was pregnant, he asked which one was Maci. I told him the red-headed girl. He still didn't get it. I then said the one with Taylor. He still didn't get it. I then said the one who has been in school for 7 years. He then said in a loud voice, "Bentley's mom??!!"

• Love 13
19 hours ago, LBS said:

Um.... I don't actually watch the show. I think I watched 15 minutes of it last season because I can't handle the stupidity on my screen. However, I read all the recaps and the commentary on here and I have my little sister (who is an avid watcher) believing that I actually watch it so we can gossip about it.   I'm not sure what that says about me as an almost 39 year old woman.....    

Same. I stopped watching long ago but can't break up with you guys here!

• Love 6

My husband and I used to watched together. The Kesha concert season was the last one he watched because he could not get over how stupid Jenelle was. Now I tell him the latest details and he just rolls his eyes. I'm glad I have you guys!! :)

• Love 2

Sometimes on my  lunch break at work I watch TV on my computer.  I'll never forget the time my (male) supervisor was standing behind me & suddenly he yells "16 & PREGNANT?  WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WATCHING?"

• Love 1

My husband used to have no choice, but then we got a DVR box. He still knows what's going on, though, because I read a lot of comments out from this forum and he LOLs heartily. He was super disappointed when I told him Corey cheated with Leah. He previously had a lot of respect for Corey. He said he wouldn't do Leah with someone else's and doesn't understand WTF Corey was thinking. Oh, and he hates Tyler, so it's all good.

This all probably belongs in a different thread.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

No, but you would catch her speeding down the freeway, trying to chase Nathan down to make him take his turn with Kaiser. She likely wouldn't chase him to get Kaiser BACK. But when she needs her "me time", she's going to track that sucker down.

So true. There was that time Jenelle and Creepy Dave were so angry when Barb wouldn't meet them at a drop-off place to get rid of Jace after that day on the boat. That Jenelle is so determined when it comes to getting rid of one of the kids.

I have my husband hooked on this show. He has so much snark. He snarks during the show, during the commercials, and afterwards. If he misses the show he will ask me the next day what he missed.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:22 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Can we all agree that based on years of behavior, Jenelle is indeed heading toward some sort of disaster? Maybe not the most dire kind, but something really dark that will likely drag down a lot of people around her? Like basically a female Danny Bonaduce sort? repeated rehabs, phyiscal abuse, jail, bankruptcy, are any of these LOW percentage probabilities? Do you feel like Larry Musnick and Dia Sokol Savage will feel badly for enabling it? Will her producers feel terrible for having observed it and helped it along, even tacitly so? There are children involved here, I'd like to think that these producers aren't evil people...so at some point don't they have to ask themselves "Are we obliged to make a decision that's best for the kids and cut all this off?"

Janelle's life will continue to be a trainwreck that's for sure. Will Larry and Dia feel responsible or sorry? Nope they'll be first one's calling up Janelle after rehab number 10 to see if she's up for filming a "where are they now?" special. Or come 2026 they'll be desperately reaching out to Jace for a special "Growing up Teen Mom" episode. After this long on the air I'd say these guys aren't evil - they are worse. They are completely indifferent. I doubt they reflect at all, let alone enough to ask what their obligations or responsibilities might be toward deciding what's best for the kids. None of these reality TV folks are. Notice how none have followed suit a la John and Kate in making sure money is set aside for the kids? That's because in that case the state of Pennsylvania passed a law on it, not because some producers felt it would be the right thing to do. Let's face it, most of us on these boards couldn't spend a day following Janelle around as their job and not end up crying themselves to sleep and/or being arrested for kidnapping. The MTV folks get to do it AND make money off of it and apparently aren't too bothered by what they've seen over the last how many season? They don't make money off Jace because they don't have to ask him for permission, and so they give zero fucks. Even the folks at TLC would have shrugged while they shouted, "action" and kept filming honey boo boo while mamma June datad the child predator if there hadn't been a public outcry over it. Even that decision was not made because they felt any obligation to the kid, they were responding to the public pressure and even more so to advertisers.  It's pretty sick when you think about it. I'm convinced someday something quite bad will happen, most likely to Jace or Kaiser, and the larger public's attention will turn to Teen Mom franchise and bam like that, the show will be over. But it sure as heck won't happen because Larry or Dia had a moment of soul-searching.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dabronx said:

Will Larry and Dia feel responsible or sorry? Nope they'll be first one's calling up Janelle after rehab number 10 to see if she's up for filming a "where are they now?" special. Or come 2026 they'll be desperately reaching out to Jace for a special "Growing up Teen Mom" episode. After this long on the air I'd say these guys aren't evil - they are worse. They are completely indifferent.

Another thing to remember, the producers of the Teen Mom franchise aren't the ones with their boots on the ground, so to speak.  Hell, who knows if they even watch any unedited footage or have spent any significant amount of time around the moms or kids. It's easy for them not to care when they don't have to actually experience the fucked up situation that they and MTV helped create. They just rake in the money. I'll bet they people actually filming the day to day goings on are way more affected then they can say. Like that former crew member who did the reddit interview and went on about how disturbing some of the things they witnessed while filming (mostly Leah btw).

• Love 6

Even though my husband knows I like my TV straight from the garbage, he doesn't know I watch this show. He mostly listens to science and history podcasts and the shows we watch together are usually comedies like Broad City or Curb Your Enthusiasm. Thank the gods for you people! I would be very lonely without you.

• Love 11

No one I know watches this show and they won't despite me trying to convince multiple people in my life to. I kind of like that about my friends/family but it makes me feel a little worse about myself. No one believes me that I post/read about it on a forum full of intelligent, educated, hilarious people like you all and the forum is a huge part of the draw to watching.

It's hilarious that Jenelle would attempt to sue mtv over the VMA thing...I hope they fire her ass.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 13
On September 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM, teapot said:

I think it's super cute how well Jace & Maryssa get along, like he introduced her to Babs the first time, and then in one of the clips, Babs was over & he was like, "Maryssa's here!" or something.

(I would imagine that Babs was thinking, "get her away from me, no more extra children!" LOL)

Jace is probably thrilled he's now got a playmate when he's over at "mommys"(i use that term lightly) . I can't imagine Janelle ever interacted with or played a board game with Jace or got down on the floor to play. Duuuuuudeeee ! Go find something to dooooo- leave me a aaaaloneeeee!!! 

Keep the noise down and don't make eye contact .... Don't make the Uncle ID angry?

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Rebecca said:

No one believes me that I post/read about it on a forum full of intelligent, educated, hilarious people like you all and the forum is a huge part of the draw to watching.

Frankly, I think it's the only draw for me.  I wish I had the strength some others do to not watch at all and just read the forum. 

A few times I've told people about this forum full of intelligent, educated, hilarious (seriously--I used those exact words, too) people talking about Teen Mom, and I just get that look, so I've stopped trying. 

• Love 10

I hope Jenelle doesn't get to go on that (shitty sounding) show. Fuck her. I'm not sure I believe it though..Farrah couldn't do basically the same show because it was too close to the TM "storyline" but Jenelle can? Jenelle needs to be taken down several hundred pegs.

I still watch the show but generally while I'm doing something else at the same time. I'm way more into the forum but I feel like I can't really have an "educated" (haha) opinion unless I see the footage. Sometimes stuff gets twisted just going off other opinions/posts.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

I still watch the show but generally while I'm doing something else at the same time. I'm way more into the forum but I feel like I can't really have an "educated" (haha) opinion unless I see the footage. Sometimes stuff gets twisted just going off other opinions/posts.

I can see that.  Integrity is important in the Teen Mom world.

• Love 7
On 9/2/2016 at 4:50 AM, DangerousMinds said:

Same. I stopped watching long ago but can't break up with you guys here!

Same here too, I haven't watched because it just pisses me off sooooo bad but I still read this thread every damn day. 

I have to say, I wouldn't want any man  of mine to watch this show, it just seems weird to me that a man would watch it.  I don't even talk to my husband about it because he has no clue who any of them are and I like it that way. 

• Love 3