Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hmmmm....it's not just me.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/20/gmas-strahan-poach-puts-stephanopoulos-future-in-doubt/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

I note also the reference to the revenue stream the show currently creates.  Odds are pretty good that number would be lower going forward, anyway.  The fight will be about the value of a flagship brand for ABC News versus the loss of some number of millions of dollars.

I also note an unusual symmetry with Erin Andrews guesting...Strahan and Erin are each crossover talents (Fox Sports and Disney).  Lord, is this business different than it was at the turn of the century.  The first call went to someone with outside ties?  Wow.  You just know they had anticipated the need.  Erin is darn good in that chair, too.

My bold.  I'd love to see Erin as a permanent co-host.

• Love 2

Front runners most recently being mentioned: Anderson (supposedly in the lead), NPH, Don Lemon and Andy Cohen.

I truly do understand Kelly being hurt, angry, blind-sided. I sure would be too. But I think it was a big mistake for her to skip today's show -- showing up and being real and wishing Michael well and telling him how it hurts for him to leave etc etc would have been a huge opportunity for her to be the adult, quite fortunate, gracious, professional co-host she should have been. She would have grown in so many eyes and gained major points with the public and certainly with ABC.

• Love 10

The real sign if and when Kelly comes back is if she & Strahan are holding hands when they walk out? I'm almost sure they always do that with some uncomfortable dancing before sitting down.

• Love 1

Anderson Cooper is great with Kelly as a guest host, but I cannot see him as a permanent host. Can you see him doing the crazy Halloween skits?? Anderson is a serious news guy. I can't see him in a wig and a dress as Lady Gaga or Hillary Clinton LOL

• Love 2

Anderson Cooper is great with Kelly as a guest host, but I cannot see him as a permanent host. Can you see him doing the crazy Halloween skits?? Anderson is a serious news guy. I can't see him in a wig and a dress as Lady Gaga or Hillary Clinton LOL

That was the one thing I thought of as well. If he was off CNN permanently he might do it. I doubt he would dress up as a woman let alone anything else for Halloween, if he was still anchoring CNN. I think his contract is up in November after the election. By that time they could do the fake audition and just hire him for real.

• Love 1

She took a few extra days off of work. So what?  It's the media that's creating the drama.  They're assuming what Kelly is feeling.  We don't know that she's having a "hissy fit."  Until she makes a statement, we don't know what's really going on behind the scenes.   It'll all blow over soon enough and things will get back to normal with the show. 

• Love 6

Front runners most recently being mentioned: Anderson (supposedly in the lead), NPH, Don Lemon and Andy Cohen.

I think Anderson and Kelly are too good of friends for him to be the co-host. They are together so much so there won't be much "new stuff" to talk about. I doubt he would leave CCN for this.

I really don't get the whole "Strahan's hiring sends a message to Stephanopoulos" thing. What's the message? "We're blowing money on a former athlete and sports analyst who, while engaging, possesses no special talents for interviewing or storytelling. So, George, don't expect us to spend big bucks on a newsman with decades of experience, because we're not interested in presenting actual news anymore." Hmmm...maybe I DO get the message.

She took a few extra days off of work. So what?  It's the media that's creating the drama.  They're assuming what Kelly is feeling.  We don't know that she's having a "hissy fit."  Until she makes a statement, we don't know what's really going on behind the scenes.   It'll all blow over soon enough and things will get back to normal with the show.

Let's all try that the next time something untoward happens at work. Let's coincidentally take "a few extra days off" and see how it flies with our bosses, coworkers, and clients. Let's see how they view our professionalism and commitment to moving forward in a positive way.

Erin Andrews today? She's a good co-host, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 6

I can understand a wee bit why Kelly may be upset, but the bottom line is people need to do what's best for themselves, period.  She is not his wife, nor his family, nor is she going to pay his bills.  If he believes this is a step up for him then more power to him.  All this, "I need to process my feelings," please.  I've worked for a long time and I've seen people come and go, it happens, it's life on life's terms. 

• Love 13

Kelly is not in the Turks and Caicos -- was photographed in NYC coming out of her apartment with Mark this morning. Wow.

I'm a huge Erin Andrews fan but her beginning chitchat today was borderline gross -- blackheads, nose hairs, squishing love bugs with her car while they're going "at it". Erin, please.

I think Erin was trying too hard to be funny. She's pretty but I couldn't deal with her full time. I saw the picture of Kelly coming out of her mansion. She and Mark are supposed to be going to Turks and Caicos Islands for their 20th Anniversary. Of course, no one knows if this was really planned or not. At least, the Wednesday, Thursday & pre taped Friday weren't. So the saga continues. Like Sands through the Hourglass..........I know that is Days or Our Lives but All My Children doesn't work as well. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose

Can you see him doing the crazy Halloween skits?? Anderson is a serious news guy.

Considering he manages to put up with Kathy Griffin's shenanigans for New Years, dressing in drag is tame.

So, George, don't expect us to spend big bucks on a newsman with decades of experience, because we're not interested in presenting actual news anymore." Hmmm...maybe I DO get the message.

Oddly enough, George's wife is getting a new show on Pop TV (cable outlet) where she plays a producer of a late night talk show and it will be the "22 minutes leading up to the nightly airing of the fictitious talk show." I bet she's getting a whole slate of ideas out of this mess, even though her husband's job is at potential risk (I doubt it.)

Except it won't go "back to normal" just like that.  When Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were booted from the View, it was announced on a Thursday evening, the show was pre taped on Fridays and it was pre taped shows for the next week (Coincidentally, Jenny also went to the Turks and Caicos the day after her exit was announced.)   When they came back, at least they were composed enough to say "So...that happened."  This was done mid week, with q live show happening the next day.  Kelly had a knee jerk reaction, which I totally get, and then said "Screw you all, I'm on vacation as of NOW" which makes her look really bad but Disney/ABC don't look any better (since the show is filmed at the local affiliate, they're just in the crossfire.)  With the whispers that GMA may expand to 3 hours, it puts this show at risk to be pushed back to a later hour which other affiliates may not be able to and drop the show. 

• Love 1

I think she will come back after trip all relaxed and will lie, lie, lie. LOL!!!! She will say she is happy for him. She will say the days off was all pre-planned. She will pretend to be happy until the end of August. Of course, this could all be actualy true but no one will truly believe her. It's a bummer how it all played out. Everyone did everything wrong.

NY Times says Kelly's absence this week was not planned and she was upset about being blindsided on the announcement. She was however planning to be off next Monday due to her anniversary.

• Love 1

Boo hoo. Kelly needs time off to "process her feelings?" Please. She has shown up for work in the WORST physical condition (illness, lack of sleep, what have you) and brags about needing little sleep. Plus, as several have pointed out, she's an ACTRESS.

This is my stance, WTF?  What are they best friends?  He's not her husband, he owes her nothing, but what he is professional supposed to do. This is business, and in their business, this is how it's done. He's trying to get paid, and they told him to shut his mouth. What? He's supposed to blow a deal so her "fragile" feelings don't get hurt? 

She's nuts, she's making all that damn money, and she's catching a fit. I doubt they are trying to set up her show to fail with his departure, they'll take care of it.They don't want to lose money in her time slot either, it's just that GMA is probably a more important time slot and this is about the bottom line.  

Disney/ABC, is calling the shots. It's not like she was in the running for a position on the morning show, she never makes appearances like he does. And how long has been showing up on GMA? I watch it every once and a while and hasn't he been making appearances for at least two years now if not more? They simply promoted him and the promotion was high enough that there was no way he could continue to do double duty on two shows.

Spoiled brat, that's how she looks to me.

She better get her ass back to work, unless the college fund for her three kids is already paid for, as well as her retirement, then bye.  

Creating unnecessary drama, just like Hayley Santos, hehe. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 7

IN my opinion/experience, it hurts a little more bc she/I thought "these people like me, they respect me, they think blah blah" & the reality is that they don't give a good god damn about anyone but themselves.

• Love 5

IN my opinion/experience, it hurts a little more bc she/I thought "these people like me, they respect me, they think blah blah" & the reality is that they don't give a good god damn about anyone but themselves.

But why is she hurt? It is a business decision and she was told in a meeting after the show. Michael has a right to move on and they both still work for Disney.

Michael was the quintessential host these past two days. He and Gelman were joking on-air today and doing their jobs....making Kelly look even more immature. Every day she stays away makes her return more awkward.

• Love 6

I can understand a wee bit why Kelly may be upset, but the bottom line is people need to do what's best for themselves, period.  She is not his wife, nor his family, nor is she going to pay his bills.  If he believes this is a step up for him then more power to him.  All this, "I need to process my feelings," please.  I've worked for a long time and I've seen people come and go, it happens, it's life on life's terms. 

Again, as People reported, she doesn't care that Strahan is leaving. It's being told at basically the same time as the public that he's leaving.

"People are missing the point if they think Kelly is mad at Michael for taking the job," a source tells PEOPLE of the news that Strahan, 44, will be leaving ABC's Live! to join the network's Good Morning America as a full time co-anchor in September. "She totally understands why he'd take the job ... it's a great job!"

"She's not of the opinion that signing up with Live! has to be some sort of lifelong commitment," continues the source. "But there is a way to go about things, with courtesy and respect and decency, and none of those things were done here."

I agree with Salon and Oprah -- they totally dissed her, and she has a right to feel dissed:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/21/kelly_ripa_declares_war_feud_with_abc_over_michael_strahans_departure_could_make_the_best_morning_tv_ever

Ripa has every reason to be angry at ABC, though. The network put her in a very strange position – expecting her to go on television and grit her teeth after being told her partner was splitting right before the news went public.

And ABC followed its misstep up with a patronizing canned statement:  "‘Live’ continues to be a vibrant and enduring franchise under our lead host, the extraordinarily talented Kelly Ripa. ‘Live’ has successfully transitioned co-hosts twice before and will do so again. Together with Kelly, ABC and the ‘Live’ team will begin a new search to find a replacement for Michael."

Social media has taken on a political cast, with some knocking Ripa as an entitled white person, others blaming the network for disrespecting a powerful woman. Is she spoiled? Is she a badass for walking out? Oprah Winfrey just said that, “Nobody should ever be blindsided. I don’t know who’s in charge, but somebody should’ve said, ‘This is going to happen.’ You shouldn’t have to read it in the paper. Ever. ”

• Love 5

Oprah has not shown the best judgement about many things, and once again she is opening her mouth about sometihng that has nothing to do with her.  

Just how was Queen Kelly supposed  to be informed that Michael was leaving?  They told her in a meeting, and Michael was there. And it's not like he's leaving tomorrow, next week, or even next month.  He's leaving in SIX MONTHS!   How much time does she need to process this news?

I think the idea that she is a spoiled brat in a profession with a 97% unemployment rate, shows she has had it way way too easy, and is out of reality.  

I also think that it's telling that Gelmann, and Schully were both there yesterday and talking to Michael, and Schully was sad about Michael leaving, shows the difference between diva Kelly and the others.   

They should suspend her for her obnoxious behavior.  Actually Michael was too nice yesterday.  They should tell her to get her untalented butt back to work, or lose her job.   

Also,  a little Kharma is coming back to bite Kelly.  It was obvious that she couldn't wait for Regis to leave, and when he was struggling with Disney, she was a snippy, insulting brat, mocking him on the air.  And she also has no care to even speak to him, once again, because he didn't kiss her butt.

Another thing, why would she be taking another vacation? She has been at work about 2 weeks, and her anniversary is May 1st. 

She has lived a rich spoiled life, when she can't even open a newspaper and find an article, and needs things printed and highlighted for her.  Michael saved her and the show.  

She also is stupid to be doing this, it's not like Disney couldn't replace her in a minute.

• Love 11

Oprah has not shown the best judgement about many things, and once again she is opening her mouth about sometihng that has nothing to do with her.

Just how was Queen Kelly supposed to be informed that Michael was leaving? They told her in a meeting, and Michael was there. And it's not like he's leaving tomorrow, next week, or even next month. He's leaving in SIX MONTHS! How much time does she need to process this news?

I think the idea that she is a spoiled brat in a profession with a 97% unemployment rate, shows she has had it way way too easy, and is out of reality.

I also think that it's telling that Gelmann, and Schully were both there yesterday and talking to Michael, and Schully was sad about Michael leaving, shows the difference between diva Kelly and the others.

They should suspend her for her obnoxious behavior. Actually Michael was too nice yesterday. They should tell her to get her untalented butt back to work, or lose her job.

Also, a little Kharma is coming back to bite Kelly. It was obvious that she couldn't wait for Regis to leave, and when he was struggling with Disney, she was a snippy, insulting brat, mocking him on the air. And she also has no care to even speak to him, once again, because he didn't kiss her butt.

Another thing, why would she be taking another vacation? She has been at work about 2 weeks, and her anniversary is May 1st.

She has lived a rich spoiled life, when she can't even open a newspaper and find an article, and needs things printed and highlighted for her. Michael saved her and the show.

She also is stupid to be doing this, it's not like Disney couldn't replace her in a minute.

I so agree, plus I really think Kelly is doing this to take the attention away from Michael. Her ego and vanity are ginormous.

Anderson Cooper wd kill his credibility if he went on this show.

• Love 5

But why is she hurt? It is a business decision and she was told in a meeting after the show. Michael has a right to move on and they both still work for Disney.

Michael was the quintessential host these past two days. He and Gelman were joking on-air today and doing their jobs....making Kelly look even more immature. Every day she stays away makes her return more awkward.

Just how was Queen Kelly supposed to be informed that Michael was leaving? They told her in a meeting, and Michael was there. And it's not like he's leaving tomorrow, next week, or even next month. He's leaving in SIX MONTHS! How much time does she need to process this news?

They should suspend her for her obnoxious behavior. Actually Michael was too nice yesterday. They should tell her to get her untalented butt back to work, or lose her job.

Also, a little Kharma is coming back to bite Kelly. It was obvious that she couldn't wait for Regis to leave, and when he was struggling with Disney, she was a snippy, insulting brat, mocking him on the air. And she also has no care to even speak to him, once again, because he didn't kiss her butt.

She has lived a rich spoiled life, when she can't even open a newspaper and find an article, and needs things printed and highlighted for her. Michael saved her and the show.

I agree. She was told after Tuesday's show, in a meeting with all parties. (Not right before going on-air, as in some reports). What would have been acceptable? A week before the news went public? A month? I don't understand the importance of the time frame. She was informed, then the news went public (or was leaked). And the term "blind-sided" is also a bit dramatic. When you hear news for the first time, does that automatically constitute being blind-sided? Maybe shocked or surprised would have been a better choice of words. Blind-sided sounds like it was deceitful and nefarious. Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 10

Kelly works for Disney - not the other way around.   She's gotten a bit too big for her britches.  Don't like it, then leave.  Why would Strahan even think he needs to tell her anything in advance - pfft.  Get over yourself.  Pull up your big girl panties and move on. 

• Love 12

So agree that Kellmee is mishandling this.

Michael owes her nothing.  She was told in a business meeting.  Brass called the meeting, all interested parties were present and that should have been the end of it.  She should have showed up the next day, put her pouty face on, started pawing all over Michael and pretended like she was so sorry to see him go.

Her ego CANNOT handle someone other than her getting the limelight.  She is a diva, pure and simple!

And it is so sweet to see her getting some of the crap she threw Reege's way when he was on his way out.  She was terrible to him, mocking him, making fun of him and trying to belittle him in front of the studio audience and tv audience.  

Also agree that MS, Gelman, Schully, et al are all handling this like the professionals they are.  

Kelmee, you might want to google Cindy Garvey/Live!  Get off your high horse and get over yourself.  You can't even string a cohesive sentence together and you make upwards of 20 mil...............insanity, lol.

Well played Michael!  And furthermore, anyone who couldn't see that Strahan was on the fast track and Live! was merely a stepping stone certainly didn't have their eyes on the ball.  It was only a matter of time.

• Love 15

The show as we know it is done to me.  How can Kelly and Michael go back to faking nice after the public fallout?  The only solution to me is keeping them separated, Michael hosts one week until his unnecessary addition to GMA and Kelly hosts another. 

The show as we know it is done to me.  How can Kelly and Michael go back to faking nice after the public fallout?  The only solution to me is keeping them separated, Michael hosts one week until his unnecessary addition to GMA and Kelly hosts another. 

I don't watch for the host chat because I don't think Kelly is sincere & Michael is lucky if he gets to finish a sentence.  I only watch if they have guests that interest me & ff to them.

• Love 4

This is the business you have chosen, Kelly.  

Kelly's issue is control.  It's no different than every single host chat with her.  Controlling.  Sadly, for her, she can't control her again, the worse and worse realities of syndicated TV, the critical need for Disney to shore-up GMA, and her steadily dropping popularity with the aging viewer base.  she can pout and wail and gnash her teeth all she wants, but she simply will never enjoy the length of the run Regis had.  Of course she claims she doesn't want to be there as long.  Well, Kel, here's your chance.  

The one who has a real gripe is Gelman.  

• Love 5

Unbelievable. So big bad ABC conspired to mess up her 20th anniversary trip by springing the Michael news to her right before she's supposed to leave. Wow, narcissistic much? This is a colossal PR bungle by her. Mega.

• Love 13

Hmmmm....it's not just me.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/20/gmas-strahan-poach-puts-stephanopoulos-future-in-doubt/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

I note also the reference to the revenue stream the show currently creates. Odds are pretty good that number would be lower going forward, anyway. The fight will be about the value of a flagship brand for ABC News versus the loss of some number of millions of dollars.

I also note an unusual symmetry with Erin Andrews guesting...Strahan and Erin are each crossover talents (Fox Sports and Disney). Lord, is this business different than it was at the turn of the century. The first call went to someone with outside ties? Wow. You just know they had anticipated the need. Erin is darn good in that chair, too.

Erin also does sports reporting for Fox.

• Love 1

Kelly has no clue about the business she is in, because she never had to struggle . And she always has had people carrying the show for her .

She went from a likable , ok host, to a spoiled , snobby , and entitled woman who is so into her upper crust lifestyle .

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 11

So how was Kellme blindsided ? She was told in a business meeting like everyone else. And it was half a year notice ! What does she think she's entitled to?

And Oprah sees it as blindsiding ? How? Oh and did Oprah actually say that she could have her own talk show ? LMAO! Umm no, she was horrid until Michael came on and took over where Regis left off .

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 10

I probably won't watch the show until Tuesday. The Friday show isn't live & I don't watch PLL so I don't know who the guest is on Monday. I just want to see if everyone is happy as clams on Tuesday or if there is tension so thick that you can cut it with a knife. LOL!!! I think Kelly & Michael are going to agree to "happily coexist" and pretend to be friends for that hour until September.

• Love 1

This quote from the above linked article made me laugh:  "'The reason Kelly is upset is that ABC knew of her long standing vacation plans for the end of this week, and this is the week they chose to stick the knife in her back,' said one source.

'She had advised them that she was taking a vacation with Mark to Turks and Caicos to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary, yet they chose to dump the news on her after they had made their decision and just a few days out from her scheduled trip."

Isn't she pretty much always "just a few days" from going on vacation?

• Love 10

Kelly is heading on another vacation ? Didn't she just get back? Wow, she's really showing what a spoiled, rich woman she is! Her kids are just back from spring break ! How many vacations does she need?

Apparently Kelly needs to go and roast herself in the sun again - very healthy - and relax to get over the fact she was given months notice that her cohost is leaving . She sure is showing the viewers who she really is!

I hope they find another cohost and tell her to not come back when she finally gets over being a spoiled diva !

She also isn't taking Michael's calls. Maybe Disney told Michael to not tell the diva ahead of time because they bar had to deal with her in the past . I find. It interesting that Were going to tell Kelly without Michael. They probably were afraid she'd go off on him and have a nasty fit - which is what she did .

Sorry, but anyone who doesn't talk to their cohost after 13 years because she wasn't given enough notice that he was retiring is not a decent coworker .

No matter how down to earth Kelly pretends to be on the air, watching her on FF when she is staring at herself in the mirror and acting like the self absorbed woman she is, shows her real self .

• Love 5

Am I the only one who doesn't feel sorry for Kelly Ripa!

She has probably one of the best jobs in the world and that's to sit down, be delightful and interview famous people for 15 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

Kelly is acting like a spoiled brat who got the wrong color Porsche or Lamborghini for her birthday.

Another thing that's pissing me off is people calling sexism into this. Again she's getting paid 15 million dollars a year. She's no Norma Rae fighting for benefits and job conditions!

If I'm ABC/Disney I would be trying out other women right now to be her replacement. There is mo excuse for her diva behavior because Michael got a better gig. Business is business.

• Love 8

My bold. I'd love to see Erin as a permanent co-host.

Me too! Not to mention she's gorgeous and she's coming off a huge lawsuit win. Disney/ABC should give her a look and try to get her off FoxSports.

Don Lemon??? No fuckin thanks. They could try Rob Lowe.

• Love 1

In theory, I could see TPTB knowing Kelly would be going on vacation to blindside her. Usually, big news like this is told on a Friday but they knew she would be leaving and told her because they knew she would be gone for a while. I've never believed in conspiracy theories but I just started one. LOL!!!

• Love 2

Kelly probably canceled her vacation plans to avoid paparazzi on the islands. And stalkers.

Kelly goes to private islands that royalty like William and Kate go to when she wants privacy . We rarely see pictures of her and her family on vacation anymore . Probably her rep told her it's a good idea to stay in town and deal wit this , since she now made a mess and won't be able to keep her rich , spoiled lifestyle if she doesn't deal with it .
  • Love 3

Kelly probably canceled her vacation plans to avoid paparazzi on the islands. And stalkers.

I don't think that that matters to Kelly when she is walking around NYC carrying some "David and Goliath" book!  I get she might be hurt. I might feel a little bit bad if someone I thought was a friend didn't share his intentions of wanting to look for other work, but for her to feel like some kind of underdog victim is really a bit pathetic.  Does she not get what real people go through in life? I think she seems to understand on a very basic level, but she doesn't really see that she is super privledged, and she was technically not wronged when she was given 5 months notice!

If she was worried about the paparazzi, she wouldn't be using them to smile and send little messages to Disney with some silly book.  

I really have tried to stop being so negative about Kelly, but this kind of behavior is nauseating and just makes me think my impression of her being a self-absorbed diva was right.   She may need to be knocked down a couple of pegs, and if she is delusional enough to think she can throw shade at Disney while grinning, they will make sure she is not only getting a lousy new contract, but she will be blackballed for many other jobs.  

Look at Ann Curry, her little meltdown on the air that made all of the men working with her look "evil", did her no good. She is nowhere now.

One last thing,  say what you want about Regis, he stood up for Kelly a bit today, and felt for her. This even after she has treated him like crap and not even talked to him after his lack of "notice".

I think the idea that Kelly has had it way way too easy in show business is very true.  She wouldn' be such an entitled diva with no forgiveness and acting bratty if she had faced some hard knocks.

• Love 11

Probably her rep told her it's a good idea to stay in town and deal wit this , since she now made a mess and won't be able to keep her rich , spoiled lifestyle if she doesn't deal with it .

Kelly's rich, spoiled lifestyle isn't going anywhere!

Her $15-20 million a year Live salary is still there for at least 4 more years (think she is there to 2020) and with all her commercials and endorsements she probably has lost count of all the money. She will be fine in her  $27 million NY townhouse.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1

That book was beyond laughable! Where the heck was she going that she would be CARRYING a book?? For a minute I thought they might be on their way to the airport (for the previously scheduled vacation - we get it, ABC!) and she was bringing reading material for the plane. But since that previously scheduled vacation was cancelled, I think the book-toting was totally staged. Has Kelly ever been photographed carrying a book??? Poor little Kelly/David, such an underdog.

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 3

I know, topanga, but I just can't help not liking her. She's probably hurt & disappointed that her "friend" is leaving .... I'll give her that.

I think it was just rude to up and leave like that. I don't care how unhappy you are or if you don't like a person you don't leave what is basically a partnership like that. V

• Love 2