Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think it was just rude to up and leave like that. I don't care how unhappy you are or if you don't like a person you don't leave what is basically a partnership like that. V

Are you referring to Michael leaving for GMA, or Kelly not showing up? I don't think Michael is up and leaving - he was at Live for 4 years, got what must be a great offer to go over to GMA, and gave 4 months notice. To me that's not rude. What should he have done? Pass up a good offer to do something he would rather do, or stay at a job simply because of a TV partnership? People change jobs all the time. On the other hand, I do think Kelly is wrong for the way she is reacting. I'm not saying she has no reason to be sad and upset. But to stage a walk-out is so unprofessional, especially with the kind of money she makes.

• Love 11

Are you referring to Michael leaving for GMA, or Kelly not showing up? I don't think Michael is up and leaving - he was at Live for 4 years, got what must be a great offer to go over to GMA, and gave 4 months notice. To me that's not rude. What should he have done? Pass up a good offer to do something he would rather do, or stay at a job simply because of a TV partnership? People change jobs all the time. On the other hand, I do think Kelly is wrong for the way she is reacting. I'm not saying she has no reason to be sad and upset. But to stage a walk-out is so unprofessional, especially with the kind of money she makes.

A heads up would have been nice. I am looking at another offer and it looks good. Maybe talk to her about it before she read about it in the papers. If be pissed to if j found out that way.

• Love 2

A heads up would have been nice. I am looking at another offer and it looks good. Maybe talk to her about it before she read about it in the papers. If be pissed to if j found out that way.

But Kelly didn't find out about it in the papers! She was told in a staff meeting after Tuesday's show. The news was made public shortly after. From what I gather, it may have been leaked earlier than was intended. But unless Michael leaked the news himself, he is not to blame for that.

• Love 6

But Kelly didn't find out about it in the papers! She was told in a staff meeting after Tuesday's show. The news was made public shortly after. From what I gather, it may have been leaked earlier than was intended. But unless Michael leaked the news himself, he is not to blame for that.

Telling her shortly before telling the world is essentially like her reading it in the papers. Yes, it's totally disrespectful.

Even though they value her enough to pay her $15 million a year, they didn't her value enough to clue her in in advance on a situation that would be life-changing for her. They kept her in the dark.

From what's been reported, she's not pissed at Strahan. She's pissed at ABC execs.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/21/abc-s-morning-melodrama-just-won-t-end.html

A source familiar with Ripa’s thinking, however, told The Daily Beast that while “she has issues with Michael,” she can be expected to work them out with him, and her real problem is with Sherwood and other top ABC executives who failed to consult her before they set about to potentially damage a profitable and popular franchise whose success she deeply cares about.

I agree with Variety TV critic Maureen Ryan:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/opinion/kelly-ripa-michael-strahan-live-with-kelly-and-michael-1201758302/

I'm just trying to get this straight: The host of a popular TV program was blindsided by the departure of her co-host, who had secretly gotten a better job. Management knew about his new job, but she did not. She was told at the last minute. And no one in management thought this situation would blow up?

I’m just trying to figure how that pitch to Ripa would have gone: “Sure, Michael is leaving and we knew that and you didn’t, and you’ll have to help us search for and train his replacement, and we didn’t tell you any of this in advance — but won’t it be fun to continue to work with him?”

There are times I don’t understand what goes on in the minds of TV executives. This is one of those times.

I’ve seen a bunch of chatter on social media about how Ripa earns a tidy sum from appearing on “Live.” Well, of course. We are talking about a bunch of very well-compensated people here. This is not about money, it’s about respect, and how that respect is conveyed, publicly and privately.

It’s about a woman who has been disrespected by different management regimes — and expected to sit by and say nothing about it.

Edited by nowandlater
  • Love 7

It’s about a woman who has been disrespected by different management regimes — and expected to sit by and say nothing about it.

“Sure, Michael is leaving and we knew that and you didn’t, and you’ll have to help us search for and train his replacement, and we didn’t tell you any of this in advance — but won’t it be fun to continue to work with him?”

I doubt anyone expected her to sit by and say nothing; I'm sure they expected a shitstorm behind the camera...and millions of dollars worth of professionalism in front of it. I'll bet there are others -- women and men alike -- who've been blindsided by management decisions, but who've shown up to do their work and dealt with any issues in private. It certainly happens for us regular folks, as does training replacements and continuing to work with people who are headed out the door.

Perhaps if more than one "regime" has treated her this way, there's a reason for it. The reason may be her, but from reading interviews with other celebrities it certainly seems that not saying anything till signatures are on dotted lines is par for the course. Maybe a combination of the two.

What's interesting is the timing: right before sweeps. They make a big announcement, Kelly pulls a no-show, it blows up in the press. Maybe they're hoping the ratings blow up as well. Method to the madness, perhaps?

This all reminds me of something Kelly Clarkson said in the last season of American Idol, along the lines of "If you can't handle Simon Cowell, this is the wrong business for you because it gets way worse out there." Ripa's led a charmed life, career-wise. I agree with others who've said maybe if she'd had to struggle, she'd have more of a "business as usual" attitude.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 12

Telling her shortly before telling the world is essentially like her reading it in the papers. Yes, it's totally disrespectful.

Even though they value her enough to pay her $15 million a year, they didn't her value enough to clue her in in advance on a situation that would be life-changing for her. They kept her in the dark.

From what's been reported, she's not pissed at Strahan. She's pissed at ABC execs.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/21/abc-s-morning-melodrama-just-won-t-end.html

I agree with Variety TV critic Maureen Ryan:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/opinion/kelly-ripa-michael-strahan-live-with-kelly-and-michael-1201758302/

What is disrespectful ? Was she supposed to be in contract negotiations or when informed when they first thought of hiring Michael? Or was she supposed to give permission for them to "take " Michaal as if he is a possession?

She was told months ahead of his departure? When would be the good time?

If anything she is acting like Michael is her employee!

And the idea that Kelly could even train anyone when she was horrible and had to have Michael save the show is comical ! TPTB knew that Kelly was a diva, that's probably why they wanted to spare Michael from her tantrum, but he respected her enough to tell her in person. Also,TPTB know Michael saved the mess Kelly made of a highly rated show.

I think a whole summer off to get ready for a new host who basically has to carry her while she takes in 20 million and top billing is something her fragile ego can handle.

She has not faced real disrespect and disappointment and has been a spoiled woman who never struggled in a harsh business. That's why she's acting like a twit.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 12

That book was beyond laughable! Where the heck was she going that she would be CARRYING a book?? For a minute I thought they might be on their way to the airport (for the previously scheduled vacation - we get it, ABC!) and she was bringing reading material for the plane. But since that previously scheduled vacation was cancelled, I think the book-toting was totally staged. Has Kelly ever been photographed carrying a book??? Poor little Kelly/David, such an underdog.

Well, Kelly did have that book of the month club a few years back. Of course, they were trashy beach novels but a book is a book, right? LOL!!!!

• Love 1

ABC really effed up on this one, IMO.   It kind of represents what the working world is to many of us these days: management does whatever the hell they want, employees be damned. ABC should've handled this much differently.  They can't expect Kelly to be happy about tearing apart a successful show.  Boycott on, Kelly!  It might bite you in the ass, but at least ABC now knows  they screwed up.

• Love 3
LMFAOOOOO SEE WHAT I MEAN.

This is hardly a political issue for me. Is Kelly Ripa working in factory in poor working conditions? NO! This women gets to interview celebs, be cute and sit pretty. And I'm suppose to feel sorry for this chick?? On what grounds?

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

What is disrespectful ? Was she supposed to be in contract negotiations or when informed when they first thought of hiring Michael? Or was she supposed to give permission for them to "take " Michaal as if he is a possession?

ABC apparently felt it was important for Robin Roberts to know several weeks ago. She was part of the negotiation team.

There was no reason for ABC to make this transition in this manner.  Oh wait, I can think of two reasons.  One, publicity.  Or two, they want Kelly to quit the show, allowing them to hire co-hosts for one-twentieth the amount they were paying.  I think both are valid. Though I have a feeling that ABC is gonna lose this one and end up giving Kelly a nice bump in salary to keep Live afloat for a few more seasons.

Kelly has well over $100M in the bank.  She's either going to rake in even more bucks from ABC/Disney/Syndication or she is going to move on and live off her fame for decades.  A win-win either way.

• Love 2

Well, Kelly did have that book of the month club a few years back. Of course, they were trashy beach novels but a book is a book, right? LOL!!!!

Haha! Ok, maybe she is more of a reader than I gave her credit for! But I doubt she was ever photographed on the streets of New York toting around one of her books of the month LOL!

• Love 2

Robin IS GMA, in the eyes of Disney's execs (and many critics).  She would be the one with whom Michael would be working with more and more.  If she were not enthusiastic about this potential move, Disney would not have approached Strahan to begin with.  Kelly is stuck where she is regardless any Strahan machinations.  She no longer has the juice she once had - and THIS is the real issue with which she is struggling.  I would bet anything that when Disney decided it was time to put Regis out to pasture, they first conferred with Kelly -- when SHE was the prime property in their eyes.

• Love 4

Boycott on, Kelly!  It might bite you in the ass, but at least ABC now knows  they screwed up.

ABC doesn't care. Sadly, that's how business works, and I wouldn't expect them to be warm and friendly the next time they make a big move. I've personally experienced work situations that are far less humane than this one (and yes, everyone showed up to work the next day.)

Here's an interesting article on "Q" scores (public recognition of and feelings towards celebrities) and how she and Michael compare:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/much-more-liked-michael-strahan-kelly-ripa-201819515.html

• Love 5

She didn't find out from the papers, she found out from Michael.  Why should she be consulted about him leaving before it's all negotiated and the dates are set in stone?   Once the deal was agreed upon, she was told.   She doesn't have the right to any more than that.   She's pissed - so?   Maybe SHE wanted a better gig, and he got it instead.  Oh well.   I've been treated a lot worse by employers, for a lot less money.   I can't feel sorry for her. 

ETA - a question for all those thinking ABC handled this badly -  what do you think they should have done differently?   And if they told Kelly long before an official announcement, isn't there a chance that she  could leak the info in some way, and undermine however they wanted to announce it?

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12

She was told about it between 10:20 am and 10:30 am. The Hollywood Reporter posted a full-length story about the news at 10:58 am, citing an ABC News staff memo. Other outlets followed minutes later with a press release from ABC. Surely, the staff memo was written before Kelly was informed.

Maybe some of us Kelly haters and non-Kelly haters can agree to some basic facts:

1) Kelly is an important part of the show, whether you like her or not.

2) Yes, Michael is free to do what he wants to do. But this news has a major impact on her life.

3) This has been a PR disaster for ABC that it should've avoided.

I'm no PR pro, or talent manager, but here's what I would've done:

I would've had ABC execs approach her early on in the process to say they were interested in Michael for GMA, and that they were going to talk to him.

Keeping her in the loop -- thus, making her feel special -- would have kept her from leaking the news. But if you can't trust the talent, then what's the point?

Again, much of the anger is that this came out of the blue, that she was blindsided. And that she was told minutes before the world was told.

Many of you Ripa Hardliners insist it shouldn't matter that she was treated coldly. That's life, you say. But this is showbusiness, which is all about managing egos. This is not normal life. The bottom line is that if ABC had approached this situation with more nuance, it would've avoided a PR clusterfuck.

Really, what they should've done is, at least, give her a day or more heads up so that she and Strahan could both announce the news on their *daily live show,* which is the perfect place to reveal such news -- not a press release or staff memo!

Re: Her large salary: Many of you are operating under the assumption that money buys happiness, that disrespect is okay for $15 million (it would totally be okay for me!). I'm sorry, but rich people have feelings, too. You see that in NFL players who make millions who still hold out when they feel they're underpaid.

Ripa has devoted one-third of her life to being a key part of that show. She wasn't treated that way.

Edited by nowandlater
  • Love 11

It's not about money buying happiness   Its just - she gets paid a lot of money to do a job.  Her BOSSES can handle other people's duties however they want, and they are not required to include her in the decision making.   Perhaps they had good reason for not doing so.   her JOB is to go on TV, make nice, talk to people.   SHe can do her job even when she isn't completely happy with how a co-worker's job has changed.   It's called professionalism. 

• Love 13

It appears she has finally communicated...she sent an email to her staff tonight, thanking them for the love and support while she processed this new information. She said they're all a family and she'll be there on Tuesday. Signed it "Love, Kelly".

Wonder how that came about? But it's a start.

• Love 2

It appears she has finally communicated...she sent an email to her staff tonight, thanking them for the love and support while she processed this new information. She said they're all a family and she'll be there on Tuesday. Signed it "Love, Kelly".

Wonder how that came about? But it's a start.

Well, that's interesting! I wonder if she got wind of the negative feelings about her walk-out.

• Love 3

She was told about it between 10:20 am and 10:30 am. The Hollywood Reporter posted a full-length story about the news at 10:58 am, citing an ABC News staff memo. Other outlets followed minutes later with a press release from ABC. Surely, the staff memo was written before Kelly was informed.

Maybe some of us Kelly haters and non-Kelly haters can agree to some basic facts:

2) Yes, Michael is free to do what he wants to do. But this news has a major impact on her life.

I'm no PR pro, or talent manager, but here's what I would've done:

I would've had ABC execs approach her early on in the process to say they were interested in Michael for GMA, and that they were going to talk to him.

Keeping her in the loop -- thus, making her feel special -- would have kept her from leaking the news. But if you can't trust the talent, then what's the point?

Again, much of the anger is that this came out of the blue, that she was blindsided. And that she was told minutes before the world was told.

Many of you Ripa Hardliners insist it shouldn't matter that she was treated coldly. That's life, you say. But this is showbusiness, which is all about managing egos. This is not normal life. The bottom line is that if ABC had approached this situation with more nuance, it would've avoided a PR clusterfuck.

Really, what they should've done is, at least, give her a day or more heads up so that she and Strahan could both announce the news on their *daily live show,* which is the perfect place to reveal such news -- not a press release or staff memo!

Re: Her large salary: Many of you are operating under the assumption that money buys happiness, that disrespect is okay for $15 million (it would totally be okay for me!). I'm sorry, but rich people have feelings, too. You see that in NFL players who make millions who still hold out when they feel they're underpaid.

Ripa has devoted one-third of her life to being a key part of that show. She wasn't treated that way.

. Kelly should have been told early in the process? Hmmm. Maybe there is a reason she wasn't .

Maybe Kelly is a pain in the ass diva and they didn't want to deal with her attitude if things didn't work out .

I think they had an idea she was a spoiled brat who would never be professional enough to control herself on the air is she had any clue Michael might be leaving, so they waited until it was a done deal.

They originally didn't even want Michael present at the meeting ! I just think that is very interesting !

Kelly should have been treated like an adult if she acts like professional, but many times she has acted like a spoiled, insecure and tacky child on rhe air, I can imagine her off air behavior is even worse . And her picture where she is grinning while carrying some book to send Disney a message , shows that she is very much deserving to be treated like a child, and not given a chance to act like brat until the deal was sealed .

Her behavior of not talking to Regis for years, and the fact he didn't feel ok with telling her he was leaving ahead of time might also be about the experience people who really know Kelly feel they have to handle things with her.

And sorry, but spoiled , obnoxious football players are just as bad. Neither Kelly nor a spoiled football player should be acting like they are so essential that they can act like obnoxious jerks because they don't get their way.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 9

OMG. Sorry, but maybe Disney has twice kept the news from Kelly because she has shown herself to be too immature and unprofessional to be given time to make a scene on the air .

She devoted a third of her life to ABC? She is lucky she has any job as a talk show host . She was a major disaster alone, she needed Michael to rescue the ratings .she was horrid when she had to take over. Regis and Michael had to basically temper her childish, tacky , unprepared behavior on the air .

Walking around with some stupid grin carrying a book with David and Goliath in the title shows what a stupid, entitled, out of touch diva she is. She thinks that she is some downtrodden worker? She has truly forgotten her roots and has deluded herself into thinking she is somehow so valuable she can give Disney the big FU by purposely walking out in NYC and smiling for the paparazzi which sending a message to them.

Reality is, she was lucky to ever have any acting job, and she would be unemployed and lucky to have one of her 3 mansions if ABC had not been doing a lot of cross promotion when Kathie Lee left.

Now it looks like the adults who rep Kelly advised her to write a memo and place nice, because her diva crap is not working.

Problem is, her little adolescent display for the paparazzi showed her employer who she really is. In fact, I have a feeling that the reason they were going to keep Micahel out of the announcement and kept her out of the loop is because she has given them reasin to believe that she's not able to handle things professionally on the air and would have been super bitch to Michael.

Poor little Kelly feels angry or when Clay was a jerk, it wasn't enough to piut him in his place and quietly tell her producers that she never wanted to host with him again , she had to bring her problems on the air when Regis came back.

Maybe if Kelly acted like a mature person with some bit of professionalism and loyalty , they might have treated her differently.

• Love 9

ETA - a question for all those thinking ABC handled this badly -  what do you think they should have done differently?   And if they told Kelly long before an official announcement, isn't there a chance that she  could leak the info in some way, and undermine however they wanted to announce it?

Maybe if they hadn't waited until moments before releasing the info to the general public to tell Kelly.  That's insulting, IMO.  She's an integral part of the show and deserved better. 

Years ago my boss waited until a Monday morning to tell our office that he and his business partner were no longer going to be partners, but they would still practice as 2 separate businesses in the same building.  Each of them then chose which employees they wanted as their own.  It's frustrating to know that your feelings weren't taken into account when you've been there all along helping to build that business.  I guess that's why I can empathize with Kelly on this one.  She might not have handled it correctly, but I don't think ABC did either.

I think they had an idea she was a spoiled brat who would never be professional enough to control herself on the air is she had any clue Michael might be leaving, so they waited until it was a done deal.

All the more reason why they should've handled it more delicately.  They could've stated that if she leaked the news, she'd lose her job. There were ways to do this where it wouldn't blow up in ABC's face,  but I guess in their attempt to avoid confrontation (as most male bosses do), they made it worse.

• Love 3

If anything she is acting like Michael is her employee!

And the idea that Kelly could even train anyone when she was horrible and had to have Michael save the show is comical ! TPTB knew that Kelly was a diva, that's probably why they wanted to spare Michael from her tantrum, but he respected her enough to tell her in person. Also,TPTB know Michael saved the mess Kelly made of a highly rated show.

I think a whole summer off to get ready for a new host who basically has to carry her while she takes in 20 million and top billing is something her fragile ego can handle.

She has not faced real disrespect and disappointment and has been a spoiled woman who never struggled in a harsh business. That's why she's acting like a twit.

I so agree. This is a real-world situation, which happens all the time..even in show business. People come and go from jobs frequently. Get over it, collect your $$$$ paycheck, and do your job as best you can. You're not an underdog when you make a gazillion bucks and was lucky to get a job with no experience. Count your blessings, good luck, houses, or diamonds.

Michael saved the show, imho, cuz he is likable abd relatable, unlike Kelly.

I also really believe that Kelly wd have spilled the beans if told in confidence. She would have been on the phone in a second to Anderson, and Andy, and her other fav friends/cohosts to get them in line for the job.

She doesn't own controlling stock in the show, does she? These deals are made behind the scenes with agents hired to represent the best interests of the client. Guess Kelly's agent was asleep at the wheel.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 6

All the more reason why they should've handled it more delicately.  They could've stated that if she leaked the news, she'd lose her job. There were ways to do this where it wouldn't blow up in ABC's face,  but I guess in their attempt to avoid confrontation (as most male bosses do), they made it worse.

I couldn't possibly agree less. First of all, "leak the news, lose your job" likely isn't an option, given her contract AND they'd have to prove she was the leak. Second...handle it more delicately because she's such a special snowflake? Uh-uh, no. The employee is not in charge of how the company runs its business. And I don't think this has blown up in ABC's face, at all. The only one who looks bad here is Ripa. Anyone who's ever had a job knows management will do what suits management. In fact, her behavior will likely garner them bigger ratings (Will she sit with her arms crossed for an hour? Will she make passive aggressive remarks? Will she go overboard with love and joy for Michael and his new opportunity?) If they get a good, solid co-host to replace Michael, they might also be more inclined to show her the door (perhaps with a Regis-like offer of less than she thinks she's worth) come contract renewal time.

• Love 4

Last night, after reading all that's been said, I was going to post that Kelly will be there on Monday/Tuesday & play the part ... after all, she IS an "actress".

It will be VERY interesting to see if she's able to be a lady & not make Michael feel uncomfortable.

Kelly is important, but not irreplaceable. If she continues to act like she thinks she is more important than she is, she may become less important. I believe this has already happened.

It seems like this news was indeed so important that she is majorly distracted from focusing on something that perhaps IS related to "happiness." Her marriage of twenty years and her family trip to celebrate that.

I'm wondering if it would have made any difference to tell them at 10:30 am, then wait until the following morning and let Kelly and Michael make the announcement together. I'm thinking Kelly would have been almost as pissed, but perhaps would not have walked out?? I guess we'll never know.

Maybe she sees that Live will be phased out for that extra hour, and she would be reduced to appearing on GMA a couple times a week doing her "Talented" Wacky Schtick that so many people seem to adore.

There has been a lot of speculation over how much $$$ they have actually "saved." I remember Kelly saying that Markie handles all the finances and that he is very careful. Later, they spent some money on a couple of projects - don't know if they made money, lost some, or broke even. Kept Mark busy anyway.

The fact that she makes a lot of money isn't why she should be "disrespected," it means that one might expect her to remind herself of her incredible good fortune, and act like a true Pro. She may have been rewarded by Disney for playing the loyal employee. She could have shown her displeasure in other, more mature ways. More private, less public. Yes, many support her, and think she was Done Wrong. Many others are able to put it in perspective, and are able to focus on the priorities in life. She seems to be more concerned about her job than her "real" life - does she really get her work identity fulfilled being a simpering idiot on a morning fluff show?? She claims she would have rather been a gymnast, or a circus performer, or an ice skater. If she "wants to be happy," wouldn't this be a great time to switch gears and think about her next career? What IS her longer term plan?? Live!! until she is 80?? THAT's a fulfilling life??

I find Kelly a mass of contradictions, which just gives a fake and phony vibe from her, and I'm not sorry in the least that she is going through this horrible time, and that Prince's death has upstaged her tantrum. I am frankly surprised that she brought most of this bad publicity on herself. I guess she thinks she's some kind of Power Player, and has found out otherwise. That's right, Kelly - people still think your name is "Kathie Lee" and they don't have any idea who you are. You are so NOT a power player - you rank below Strahan. Count your dough, count your blessings, grow up.

Edited by Jeanius
  • Love 15

I wonder how big the ratings will be for Tuesday's show, when she returns. I'm guessing a number of people, especially those who don't normally watch the show, will tune in just to see how Kelly conducts herself.

• Love 6

I wonder how big the ratings will be for Tuesday's show, when she returns. I'm guessing a number of people, especially those who don't normally watch the show, will tune in just to see how Kelly conducts herself.

I'm thinking you're right!!  Who doesn't want to see a known diva/spoiled brat/twit have to "bring it".  Appointment TV at it's BEST!!!!

• Love 4

Maybe if they hadn't waited until moments before releasing the info to the general public to tell Kelly. That's insulting, IMO. She's an integral part of the show and deserved better.

Years ago my boss waited until a Monday morning to tell our office that he and his business partner were no longer going to be partners, but they would still practice as 2 separate businesses in the same building. Each of them then chose which employees they wanted as their own. It's frustrating to know that your feelings weren't taken into account when you've been there all along helping to build that business. I guess that's why I can empathize with Kelly on this one. She might not have handled it correctly, but I don't think ABC did either.

All the more reason why they should've handled it more delicately. They could've stated that if she leaked the news, she'd lose her job. There were ways to do this where it wouldn't blow up in ABC's face, but I guess in their attempt to avoid confrontation (as most male bosses do), they made it worse.

. The only person issuing apologies is Kelly. She showed she was a twit not only by not showing up, but by her paparazzi antics with her childish smirk to stick it to Disney. It blew up in her diva face because she's delusional and has not a clue of what the real world rally is like in any business .

Handle her delicately? LMAO! Why? Obviously they see she is not the reason the show is highly rated. She was a disaster when they need her to be solo.

I have a feeling her people will soon be acting like Michael is some monster behind the scenes so poor little Kelly is some abused woman! Rhey will most likely leak stories that she is some victim.

I don't see it roaming though . I doubt a female like Schully would be tearing up at the prospect of Michale leaving, or Robin Robertw would want to work with him, or he would get promoted .

Kelly is getting a taste of what happened to old Reege when she thought it was funny to mock him on he air /

• Love 4

Thing is, Kelly hasn't been in the media trashing anybody.  It's the viewers and other media sources who are assuming she's "having a hissy fit."   She's been quiet about it.  Seems to me it's all of the outsiders who are causing the most drama.  YMMV.

• Love 9

Thing is, Kelly hasn't been in the media trashing anybody.  It's the viewers and other media sources who are assuming she's "having a hissy fit."   She's been quiet about it.

Not showing up for work because something displeases you = hissy fit. It doesn't have to be verbal. And her ridiculous toting of that David & Goliath book spoke volumes.

• Love 7

Thing is, Kelly hasn't been in the media trashing anybody. It's the viewers and other media sources who are assuming she's "having a hissy fit." She's been quiet about it. Seems to me it's all of the outsiders who are causing the most drama. YMMV.

Walking. around smirking holding a book about being an underdog about a "Goliath" is passive aggressive trashing. And not showing up is also having a tantrum. Also, reports are she had a hissy fit, which seems very likely based on her other behavior.

This is a blind item which sure seems like Kelly:

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77941

• Love 4

. The only person issuing apologies is Kelly. She showed she was a twit not only by not showing up, but by her paparazzi antics with her childish smirk to stick it to Disney. It blew up in her diva face because she's delusional and has not a clue of what the real world rally is like in any business .

Handle her delicately? LMAO! Why? Obviously they see she is not the reason the show is highly rated. She was a disaster when they need her to be solo.

I have a feeling her people will soon be acting like Michael is some monster behind the scenes so poor little Kelly is some abused woman! Rhey will most likely leak stories that she is some victim.

I don't see it roaming though . I doubt a female like Schully would be tearing up at the prospect of Michale leaving, or Robin Robertw would want to work with him, or he would get promoted .

Kelly is getting a taste of what happened to old Reege when she thought it was funny to mock him on he air /

The shots at Michael have already started. In a Daily Mail article, sources say that Michael has been throwing temper tantrums over his crazy work schedule, yelling at Kelly and Gelman. (Sorry, I don't know how to post the link)

And I will be among them. Even though I quit watching Live because of Kelly. Loved her on AMC so decided to stay tuned in until she took what I call a diva-turn.

I don't get what she's so upset about! Sure, it would be a surprise but so what? I don't remember being included in a co-worker's contract negotiations. Yet she upturns a multitude of schedules by stomping her Louboutin shod foot in an, imho, incredible hissy fit!

Michael probably couldn't wait to get away from that show, it pretty much was all Kelly all hour. And she wore me out. Through no fault of his own Michael seemed barely there.

Maybe she is actually bright enough to see that GMA 3rd hour train comin'? But it ain't comin' for her.

• Love 5

Interesting to hear all this tension between the both of them on Live!  In light of this, I think back now to a show I went to about 2 years ago and at the time, didn't think a thing of it but now, it seems quite plausible that there was tension.

During the commercial breaks, Michael was the one heading into the audience chatting up the audience.  Kelly just sat at the desk.  He was, for me, the 'personality' everyone came to see.  Kelly was basically the 'potted plant' on the set.

After the show was over, we walked towards the exit and Kelly was already walking towards backstage, not engaging the audience at all.  We called to her, she came out and obligingly took a picture with us.  I thought she looked old and haggard, seriously.  It's no secret I'm not a fan, but even with all the stage make-up, she really looked older than her 40+ years.  She was also probably one of the thinnest, ahem, people I've ever seen.

I don't think she liked that Michael's star shone brighter than hers, plain and simple.

I would like to see the ABC/Disney execs pull a "Garvey" on her and let her have her wish to be a stay-at-home mom.  (As if any of us ever believed that, lol.)

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 6

Wow! Lots of dirt.

Isn't the Daily Mail relatively accurate?

Kelly being offered the GMA slot two years ago? Delish, if true.

The daily mail is actually a tabloid, not too accurate. And I also doubt that they would be promoting Miichael and loving him if he was throwing fits and nasty Kelly is showing she is a spoiled diva
  • Love 3

Kelly better check her attitude. Disney is wealthy enough to just fire her and pay her contract. It happens in the sports industry all the time. Businesses pay millions to rid themselves of employees that give them a bad name. That book carrying stunt was so disrespectful.

The very fact that they didn't want Michael in the meeting speaks volumes!

There is nothing Kelly does that a hundred other women couldn't do better.

She may have just paved the road to LIVE's grave.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 8

Even more!

ABC in meltdown as they're forced to send legal letter forcing Kelly Ripa back to work amid fears she'll lose it live on air

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555178/Can-control-Kelly-ABC-meltdown-forced-send-legal-letter-forcing-Kelly-Ripa-work-amid-fears-ll-lose-live-air.html

Geesh.

She managed to prevail through the Reege (I love Reege) dismissal/debacle.

Reege showed up and held his tongue. That had to be tougher than this. He was gone!

• Love 2

Personally I think Kelly is scared shitless she will sink the show alone again until they find a new co-host.

And she is totally clueless about her clout with Disney. Let alone clueless if rumors GMA wants to go to 3 hours.

• Love 4

I thought she looked old and haggard, seriously.  It's no secret I'm not a fan, but even with all the stage make-up, she really looked older than her 40+ years.  She was also probably one of the thinnest, ahem, people I've ever seen.

Wow, I was just  going to ask what she looked like and then read this. Does she look much better on TV?

For some reason ABC looks " less high def" on my TV than other stations like CNN, I see it all there.

The daily mail is actually a tabloid, not too accurate. And I also doubt that they would be promoting Miichael and loving him if he was throwing fits and nasty Kelly is showing she is a spoiled diva

Yeah, I don't buy everything I read in the Mail. I don't really ever read it, unless I see a link like I did on here and click on it. One thing's for sure, they have tons of pics LOL! I don't buy the temper tantrum story either. Not saying Michael's never had a moment, but I doubt if he has a pattern of ranting behavior.

• Love 2

How much you want to bet she will cry and play victim. She will bring up how people have been "mean" to her by calling her a "diva" and "spoiled brat". I wonder does Vegas have their odds up.

Wow! Lots of dirt.

Isn't the Daily Mail relatively accurate?

Kelly being offered the GMA slot two years ago? Delish, if true.

If she was offered it two years, then why she crying now?? They offered her first crack ages ago.