Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, georgia belle said:

Selina is the new director for the Texas State Strutters. I tried to embed the post from IG that has the announcement but there was an error. 

6C26EA65-C4BB-4780-97AA-77CD1E1037AA.jpeg

• Love 18
On 3/8/2021 at 1:05 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I’m in the US and due to how much time I have in my job, I get 4 weeks a year off (plus additional time for sick leave) 😳. I need to learn to not complain so much about my job. 

I always really liked Brennan, which is why she is one of about 3 DCCs that I follow on Instagram, but I agree about her most recent content. Yes. We know you have a boyfriend. Yes. We know he is weird about his diet. In fact, he just seems plain weird. (I’m sure in reality he is a very nice guy who just doesn’t want to be the main star of her Instagram.)

I did start following Ryan Ray after someone posted a link to her Instagram on here. I think she is adorable and hilarious. 

I realize I also follow Kelsey Bond, and I have no clue why 😂 

I have followed Ryan Ray for a few years. She’s adorable and so sweet. Her videos lately have been hilarious! I have often responded to her post and she is so sweet to write back.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Maggie’s ex is on the next season of the Bachelorette. I think she moved back to CA to be with him.

I saw Reality Steve tweet this and everyone in the comments is like “Who is Maggie?” and “What is a DCC?”. I’m over here like omg I love this Bachelor/MTT crossover 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2021 at 2:08 PM, EricaShadows said:

Oh MAN!  That is horrible! It hurts to lose a child, but I don't know if it's worse to lose them when they're so young (5 weeks).

I can't even imagine how much this hurts.  Jordan was always one of my favorites. Absolutely hearbreaking. My chest just ached when I read that. 

• Love 3

Hello mods. Is it possible for you to make a thread "retired/cut vets 2021" when the retiring vets announce their retirement?  I know this will overlap with this thread but I don't go to this thread so often because people talk about past (as in long time ago) former DCCs. I think it will be nice to be able to have a place to exclusively talk about what the newest retired vets are doing.

Sorry to write this in this thread but thought this was relevant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, Holly85 said:

6C26EA65-C4BB-4780-97AA-77CD1E1037AA.jpeg

Very cool 🙂 I guess Julia's mom is leaving?  When I was a Strutter, the original Director Mrs. Tidwell still taught us all the dances.  So they weren't very difficult.  What a dream job and so young!  I wish her the best. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, klh25 said:

Very cool 🙂 I guess Julia's mom is leaving?  When I was a Strutter, the original Director Mrs. Tidwell still taught us all the dances.  So they weren't very difficult.  What a dream job and so young!  I wish her the best. 

julia who? fife?

that's such a cool job for selina. her cut makes me sad. you can tell she had to fight HARD to be DCC thin 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, vanillagum said:

julia who? fife?

that's such a cool job for selina. her cut makes me sad. you can tell she had to fight HARD to be DCC thin 

Yeah, Julia Fife's mom Tammy was the Director.  Looks like she will stay on as some sort of Coordinator.  My Aunt went to College with Tammy and my cousin and Julia are best friends. 

Selina did seem to struggle a bit, that is a hard ideal to live up to.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Why in the world do they have a picture of Erin at the bottom of this? So random LOL

3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She did the interview 

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Being that the interview was about Meredith, I'd expect a picture of her.

Lol. I kept wondering who wrote that interview up and didn’t even make the link that it was Erin. 

Interesting if Meredith was able to secure the same position at the Embassy in Colombia that she had in Brazil. Good for her if that’s the case. I didn’t know anyone at the embassy in Brazil; however, Bogota is a completely different story. Not that I’m going to fact check the story, just see if there’s any scuttlebutt. Actually I probably won’t do that and just let the poor girl live her life...but when you are overseas, embassy life is pretty uniquely intertwined...everyone pretty much knows everyone.

I also found it interesting when watching Season 2 - which I believe was Merediths second year to try out but the first season they featured her - but it looked like Kristi Scales and “no” to Meredith when KelFine asked for a vote. Now as always, it *could* have been the magic of editing, but Kristi is always such a champion for everyone that I was surprised that it looked like she voted “no” for a girl who eventually became a very popular DCC. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
1 minute ago, DCC615Nash said:

Is she even considered alumni since she bounced before the season was over??

Oh I was being snarky:)  But I wouldn't think so.  She's...how did Kelli put it in Season 13......she's attrition now.

7 hours ago, OCBEACHZAB10 said:

Technically i do not expect they consider her an alum. Also do not think they want to highlight she is on that type of “dating” site.

What site is that ? The second pic isn’t showing up for me . What did she do now ? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

What site is that ? The second pic isn’t showing up for me . What did she do now ? 

It's a pic of her profile on SeekingArangement, under the name "Blonde Bella Barbie." Member since October 2019, so at least this profile didn't exist while she was on the team.

(edited)
On 4/3/2021 at 1:45 AM, DancingDina13 said:

Google says:  SeekingArrangement (also known as Seeking) is an American sugar baby and sugar daddy dating website founded by MIT graduate Brandon Wade in San Francisco, California in 2006.

Isn't Kalyssa the one who said she wanted her granny to be proud of her or something like that?

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Google says:  SeekingArrangement (also known as Seeking) is an American sugar baby and sugar daddy dating website founded by MIT graduate Brandon Wade in San Francisco, California in 2006.

Isn't Kalyssa the one who said she wanted her granny to be proud of her or something like that?

She sure did say that and I got so much flack for saying I didn't buy it. Sadly, i'm not at all surprised... She was soooooo beautiful before she left DCC & started 'modeling' sigh...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, TB12 said:

She sure did say that and I got so much flack for saying I didn't buy it. Sadly, i'm not at all surprised... She was soooooo beautiful before she left DCC & started 'modeling' sigh...

Yeah, I really liked her.  Shame to see her going this direction.  

• Love 1

it really takes guts to go out for another squad after getting dropped from DCC...because they're the best of the best, so anything else is automatically a downgrade and being on a lower-tier squad is a constant reminder. (or at least that's how i would feel lol.) it's admirable that she's putting that aside to keep doing what she loves—dancing, on a team—regardless of squad reputation. kudos to her. she's a cutie, and i have a soft spot for her

she wasn't the best dancer, but she was good enough, and i think the fact she seemed to be a really loved teammate says a lot

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

it really takes guts to go out for another squad after getting dropped from DCC...because they're the best of the best, so anything else is automatically a downgrade and being on a lower-tier squad is a constant reminder. (or at least that's how i would feel lol.) it's admirable that she's putting that aside to keep doing what she loves—dancing, on a team—regardless of squad reputation. kudos to her. she's a cutie, and i have a soft spot for her

she wasn't the best dancer, but she was good enough, and i think the fact she seemed to be a really loved teammate says a lot

I think that, especially for someone like Lily, going to another team wouldn't necessarily be a downgrade. At least from my perspective, she just wants to dance on a team and make friends, she's not in it to improve her dance resume and have that best-of-the-best title. On such a competitive team like DCC, there's so much pressure to be a perfect, world-class dancer with the perfect body and the perfect look, and we've heard lots of rumors of toxicity and cliquishness. On another team, she'll get that family and the experience of dancing on the field without having so much pressure on her, and she'll truly get to enjoy the experience.

This isn't saying she's not deserving of DCC! While I agree that she wasn't the best dancer, she was solid and didn't have many memory mistakes, and she was loved by fans and teammates alike, and I wish she could have stayed and ended her career when she felt ready to. I just think that a less pressure-filled environment will really let her shine. (Side note - she'll likely also get to wear her natural hair, which is gorgeous! Why did DCC hide it? Especially since they let her keep it pretty natural her first time in TC...)

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I honestly think not having a camera in your face 24/7 is a giant win too.  Being a DCC comes with a lot of perks, but also a lot of baggage if you aren't looking to build an influencer audience and play on that reality show angle.  I personally think that's absolutely fine...I respect the hustle of a good marketer, but truly, some of these gals just want the camaraderie and a way to dance.  I know some great dancers who cheered for other local teams that never would have done DCC just because of the show.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I think that, especially for someone like Lily, going to another team wouldn't necessarily be a downgrade. At least from my perspective, she just wants to dance on a team and make friends, she's not in it to improve her dance resume and have that best-of-the-best title.

this makes so much sense.

• Love 3

I think because of MTT that their Director can go back& watch Lilly on all seasons especially watching where & why she was cut; thus, making up her mind about whether the cut was for a valid reason.   Wouldn’t it be great if we could all watch how someone functions in their previous jobs eliminating employees who bring baggage, is rude, doesn’t do their job, not punctual etc! Wow I would have loved that!

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I think because of MTT that their Director can go back& watch Lilly on all seasons especially watching where & why she was cut; thus, making up her mind about whether the cut was for a valid reason.   Wouldn’t it be great if we could all watch how someone functions in their previous jobs eliminating employees who bring baggage, is rude, doesn’t do their job, not punctual etc! Wow I would have loved that!

In a way, I wouldn't want this in real life. Sometimes you just don't fit in with the role/workplace so don't give it your all.

With Lily, I can't see anything on MTT that would put her in a negative light. She's polite, well-spoken, intelligent, good in interviews and a solid dancer. Any other team would be lucky to have her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I think that, especially for someone like Lily, going to another team wouldn't necessarily be a downgrade. At least from my perspective, she just wants to dance on a team and make friends, she's not in it to improve her dance resume and have that best-of-the-best title. On such a competitive team like DCC, there's so much pressure to be a perfect, world-class dancer with the perfect body and the perfect look, and we've heard lots of rumors of toxicity and cliquishness. On another team, she'll get that family and the experience of dancing on the field without having so much pressure on her, and she'll truly get to enjoy the experience.

This isn't saying she's not deserving of DCC! While I agree that she wasn't the best dancer, she was solid and didn't have many memory mistakes, and she was loved by fans and teammates alike, and I wish she could have stayed and ended her career when she felt ready to. I just think that a less pressure-filled environment will really let her shine. (Side note - she'll likely also get to wear her natural hair, which is gorgeous! Why did DCC hide it? Especially since they let her keep it pretty natural her first time in TC...)

How did Lily’s hair change in TCC and DCC?  What was the rationale?

4 hours ago, Blue hues said:

How did Lily’s hair change in TCC and DCC?  What was the rationale?

That's what I want to know as well. I honestly don't recall her before /after makeover.

I have a hard time believing Lily (or most any other young lady) would represent her finished coif as pictured in Season 14 before photo.  I'm thinking they just took the most unflattering photo they could take to make it appear the makeover did something transformational when in fact all they did was cut her hair and curl it.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Season 13:
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-23h06m34s911.thumb.jpg.42380510bf1c9c09abaa4b147008993b.jpg

Season 14:
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-23h09m32s959.thumb.jpg.b8f37d2beb5187641377eb75b2145bbd.jpg

I actually prefer both "before" pictures to the after. Both before pictures; young looking attractive and fun. After picture for season 13 is the least flattering as the hair color is too light and eye make up is too much/dark for regular day wear. 

Although season 14 after picture hair is combed, and curled, I prefer the height and volume of the before. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Season 13:
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-23h06m34s911.thumb.jpg.42380510bf1c9c09abaa4b147008993b.jpg

Season 14:
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-23h09m32s959.thumb.jpg.b8f37d2beb5187641377eb75b2145bbd.jpg

It doesn't look like they really did ANYTHING in either makeover picture other then really trim it as neither of the before pictures are really that bad.  The Before picture from Season 13 looks to have been taken either during or just after a practice so (which is NEVER going to be a girl's best look) so it's SOMEWHAT unflattering and the Before picture from Season 14 looks like she just came into the salon after walking through some wind so, again, somewhat unflattering.  Also, I don't see why Lily, especially after going through most of Training Camp last year would come in looking so unpolished and like she hadn't run a comb through her hair at all that day, so I think the before shot in Season 14 was set up so it would look like they did SOMETHING to it besides brush it and trim the ends.  

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Opine said:

Any way you slice it, that girl has amazing hair and I am GREEN with envy!

Lily's Season 13 "before" photo is my favorite. She looks young and fresh and relaxed. Her hair looks bouncy and her makeup looks good but not overdone.  She looks like a beautiful 20-year-old cheerleader in the first picture, and a 40-year-old Real Housewife on a booze cruise in the second.  That's not a slam on Lily -- that's a criticism of the DCC makeovers.  I generally think that the makeovers make most of the ladies look like they've aged 10-15 years.  

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Lily's Season 13 "before" photo is my favorite. She looks young and fresh and relaxed. Her hair looks bouncy and her makeup looks good but not overdone.  She looks like a beautiful 20-year-old cheerleader in the first picture, and a 40-year-old Real Housewife on a booze cruise in the second.  That's not a slam on Lily -- that's a criticism of the DCC makeovers.  I generally think that the makeovers make most of the ladies look like they've aged 10-15 years.  

Yes. I think she looks the best, by far, in the 2013 before picture. I generally don’t think most of the makeovers make a huge difference one way or another (most come in looking great) but for some of the girls with stronger features, they often look much older after, and not in a good way. Holly Powell is another one. I thought the dark red hair, short cut, and makeup made her look like she was 35 when she was only 19....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

She looks like a beautiful 20-year-old cheerleader in the first picture, and a 40-year-old Real Housewife on a booze cruise in the second.

omg this. she looks adorable there

i wonder if they're like 'shake out your hair' before they take the before pictures. just so it looks like there's some sort of improvement

21 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

So she finally went there ... Kalyssa has a pic on Instagram with her exposed who ha ... wow just wow 

I had to stalk her insta after that comment. Wow she is very lean now ! 

• Love 3

I had a random thought the other night when I watching the season 8 finals (Morgan ugh). So Kelli says "we have 5 names left" (for training camp) and maybe it was edited wrong but after she says that she changes her mind about Danielle. So my thought was, who was the girl whose picture was in her hand that she didn't call so she could call Danielle? Did she says oops my bad NOW we have 5 names left.

I should get out more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/9/2021 at 6:52 PM, DCCOracle said:

They're only the best in name only - just like the Cowboys themselves. Over the last few years, we've seen nothing but poor leadership, mediocre rookie classes (Meredith and Alora-Rose spring to mind) and better dancers (Hannah) and all-around better people (Brennan/Lily) get shoved aside because certain girls get Kelli's panties wet. (again, Meredith and Alora-Rose).

I still can't believe Lily, Brennan, & Hannah got cut.  Season 12 is where I really noticed the toxic environment and it just seemed that it was getting worse. Moving to the Star was when it jumped the shark. I'm not saying it wasn't toxic before, but season 12 made it very obvious. I tried season 13 but VK ruined that season. I heard she's not as bad in season 14 but I've just lost interest in the later seasons. It's sad because the clips I've seen of Hannah dancing took my breath away. She is just so good! I was really rooting for Brennan and Lily too.

I'd rather just watch season 3 or 4 again. Minchew sisters and all...

• Love 16