Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

Maybe it’s just a happy flashback to my sorority days, but I think the matching colors is cute (within reason.) Online shopping has made that such a fun and financially feasible option for a lot of things. But I also like how they do Thunderstruck at all the weddings. I’ve come to terms with my Basic Beckiness and will own it. 

Shoot, I just turned 42 (so nearly 20 years past the sorority days) and regret not suggesting a matching hats or swimsuits pic for the girl’s weekend in Mexico a few weeks back. Would have made for some super cute if a bit ridiculous pics. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, kalibean said:

But I also like how they do Thunderstruck at all the weddings. 

I do too.  It's funny, it's a memory, it's the last time that particular group of girls may perform it together, etc.  However, I don't like that the Houston cheerleaders do it - find your own song!

And note to all DCC - don't go full out like Madeline did.  She's lucky she didn't get hurt or rip the dress:)

• Love 7
On 6/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I do too.  It's funny, it's a memory, it's the last time that particular group of girls may perform it together, etc.  However, I don't like that the Houston cheerleaders do it - find your own song!

And note to all DCC - don't go full out like Madeline did.  She's lucky she didn't get hurt or rip the dress:)

Wait wait wait...the Houston cheerleaders do Thunderstruck???

• Love 1
On 6/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, AAT said:

Yes, but life can be long and lonely if you don't have kids. Especially when you get older. Who is going to take care of you? When you get old, you won't be worrying about skincare and workouts as much. Just my opinion.

Not for everyone.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

With the DCC choreography?

No, it's different.  This is a video from 2010, but from the looks of it, it's the same one they did at the wedding the other day.  Lol!  I could only watch half of it!

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Tootie said:

No, it's different.  This is a video from 2010, but from the looks of it, it's the same one they did at the wedding the other day.  Lol!  I could only watch half of it!

That made me... uncomfortable

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DKay said:

Apology if I missed the update...Didn't Brooke recently give birth to baby #2?  Boy?  Girl?  

Her IG is private but it says:

<<Brooke Nix
Wife to 1 hunk, mama to Tyson Major & Troy Glover, boutique owner, former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader & Miami Dolphins Cheerleader Choreographer>>

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

"Owners" -- when I started reading the caption, I read it as "owners of their new son" instead of the usual "proud parents "😲. Took me a minute to realize they were referring to them as the owners of the store and not the baby. 😆

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

Oh dear, that was...umm, rather disturbing.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Tootie said:

Doesn't look like a great deal of dance in there, mostly walking and hairography!

11 hours ago, phylogeny said:

That made me... uncomfortable

Seriously...there are literally THOUSANDS of other songs to chose from. Granted Thunderstruck doesn't belong to the DCC but come on..it'stheir staple performance song..and it's not like they aren't aware. They're in Texas..lol. Its so corny.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Tootie said:

Doesn't look like many girls; I wonder if that was the entire squad. Maybe back then (2010) they had a smaller team and expanded it throughout the years.

17 hours ago, Tootie said:

I watched 15 seconds....this is bad.  😛 Those red boots are awful as well. 

• Love 1
On 6/9/2019 at 2:05 PM, AAT said:

She's definitely gained weight, but glad to see her and Danielle are still friends.

Yes, but life can be long and lonely if you don't have kids. Especially when you get older. Who is going to take care of you? When you get old, you won't be worrying about skincare and workouts as much. Just my opinion.

I have kids and don't agree. If you want someone to take care of you when you're older, invest your money and have enough for a live in aid when the time comes. After watching what my aunts went through trying to take care of my grandparents versus what life was like once they just hired in 24/7 live-in care...I do not even want to be that level of a burden to my girls. 

• Love 18
(edited)

So it appears that Jessica or Jackie used the 2 photo’s I posted to show the Farrah poster under the current team board.  She must be ghosting us....or living upon us?.

6EDBB15E-5AC9-4C44-A590-8BC5B36AE8AD.jpeg

Edited by Harrythecat
  • Love 2

I agree, Kelsey is just beyond gorgeous. I had my first "encounter" with her husband recently! My 10 year old son has gotten into Dude Perfect videos on YouTube. Brodie Smith was featured on one of the ones he watched the other day. I was all "I know him! He's married to one of my DCCs!" My son's reaction was basically "Ok mom, you're weird." 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I agree, Kelsey is just beyond gorgeous. I had my first "encounter" with her husband recently! My 10 year old son has gotten into Dude Perfect videos on YouTube. Brodie Smith was featured on one of the ones he watched the other day. I was all "I know him! He's married to one of my DCCs!" My son's reaction was basically "Ok mom, you're weird." 

Your son's reaction is similar to all my friends and my daughter. They think I have a crazy obsession with DCC. They're not wrong. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I am rewatching old Amazing Race seasons and I was weirded out watching Brodie’s season because he had a “showmance” with one of the other female racers. I was thinking “hey that’s Kelsey’s man!” but they weren’t even together yet 😂

Strangely enough, this isn’t the only DCC and Amazing Race connection, a former DCC Star Spangler (yes that's her name but apparently she changed her first name to Star) won a season of Amazing Race with her brother. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Strangely enough, this isn’t the only DCC and Amazing Race connection, a former DCC Star Spangler (yes that's her name but apparently she changed her first name to Star) won a season of Amazing Race with her brothere

Emily "Starr" Spangler.  Definitely thought she looked better as a brunette.  And I still can't believe she made to TC with that Shania Twain song:/  Thank goodness she was a better dancer.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Emily "Starr" Spangler.  Definitely thought she looked better as a brunette.  And I still can't believe she made to TC with that Shania Twain song:/  Thank goodness she was a better dancer.

I have never seen the 2 hour special, I really need to track that down. It shocks me that girls used to sing for their solo. 

2 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I have never seen the 2 hour special, I really need to track that down. It shocks me that girls used to sing for their solo. 

That and seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon would be just wonderful, or Itunes.  CMT would be ok, but a lot of fans don't have cable or they don't get CMT.  I don't understand the whole thing of why it can't be aired anymore.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am rewatching old Amazing Race seasons and I was weirded out watching Brodie’s season because he had a “showmance” with one of the other female racers. I was thinking “hey that’s Kelsey’s man!” but they weren’t even together yet 😂

Strangely enough, this isn’t the only DCC and Amazing Race connection, a former DCC Star Spangler (yes that's her name but apparently she changed her first name to Star) won a season of Amazing Race with her brother. 

there's another connection too - Kelsey's boyfriend before Brodie was another Amazing Race contestant lol 

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

What? Who and what season? 

ugh i can't remember his name now...josh maybe? i think he and his brother of bff or whoever either won or were second.  I remember when i started following kelsey on Ig she posted a picture where she is hugging him at airport. looks like she scrubbed him from her IG tho - except one pic from 2016 where they went to a justin bieber concert. he's not tagged.  i just can't remember his name. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
On 5/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Kees080 said:
On 6/12/2019 at 6:53 PM, Tootie said:

I live in Houston and the Texans Cheerleaders ‘Thunderstruck’ routine was...just...bad! The Minnesota Vikings dance is a tiny bit better. Poor lines, girls rushing, falling out of their steps....

Now, we can all see why the DCC are ‘often imitated but never equaled!’ 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pksbena1 said:

LOL😂, that Viking cheerleader in the back on the left was either ecstatic that she nailed her part, or that the routine was over.  She hardly held the ending, LOL😂!  Too funny! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

The Vikings Cheerleaders are also in a triangle shape with a girl at point! Hmmm....wonder where they got that idea from???? 

Maybe Gina Bechetti told them.🙂

Edited by MrsEVH
On 6/14/2019 at 2:01 AM, Harrythecat said:

So it appears that Jessica or Jackie used the 2 photo’s I posted to show the Farrah poster under the current team board.  She must be ghosting us....or living upon us?.

6EDBB15E-5AC9-4C44-A590-8BC5B36AE8AD.jpeg

To be fair, it's not that difficult to find the photos online and do the same thing yourself. Lol I doubt she's on here..

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

To be fair, it's not that difficult to find the photos online and do the same thing yourself. Lol I doubt she's on here..

Obviously she copied the pose of Farrah so definitely knew about it.    One thing that contributed to the allure of Farrah's poster was her lack of a bra.

36 minutes ago, DKay said:

Was trying to find an update on Robyn and her tv broadcasting career. Is she still in LA (State, I believe)?  Doing well??  Miss her!!! 

Here's a video. Couldn't find an IG (too many with that name), Her FB hasn't been updated since last year.

• Love 3
(edited)
46 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I’ve learned this is an unpopular opinion but Kelsey annoys the shit out of me.  I know she “works” in real estate but she’s  always bragging (sorry I see it as bragging) about her travels.  She seems like a mean girl and I know she has DCC friends, a lot of dcc’s she was on the team with don’t follow her.  That $500 candle better come with a diamond because that is redic.  

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I’ve learned this is an unpopular opinion but Kelsey annoys the shit out of me.  I know she “works” in real estate but she’s  always bragging (sorry I see it as bragging) about her travels.  She seems like a mean girl and I know she has DCC friends, a lot of dcc’s she was on the team with don’t follow her.  That $500 candle better come with a diamond because that is redic.  

I agree with you.

Remember those (inexpensive) candles that came me with a ring in it? You had to burn it first to get to it.

44 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Kelsey is my most hated DCC (closely followed by Cersten). There's something about her the just rubs me up the wrong way. She isn't close to anyone from her rookie year really, just the girls that were the classes above her. She looks like a man with a tonne of makeup on. 

• Love 2
Just now, Reveala said:
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Here's a video. Couldn't find an IG (too many with that name), Her FB hasn't been updated since last year.

Read more  

This is definitely a beginner's video reel. She's isolated only her time on camera and shows no interaction or byplay (ad libbing) with her coanchor. She is just starting out, but needs to show more to get to the next level.

If I were advising her, I'd tell her either to raise her chair to his level or sit on a a couple of books--old time phone book if she can find one.  FWIW, I was a major market and cable network anchor for many years. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I don't think your opinion is that unpopular. 

• Love 3