Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Judy & Kelli generally don’t dance as they are TPTB.  Was that Shelley B leading the 80’s group out for their dance?

Yes, I believe it was! She looked great too!

• Love 2

My brain can’t accept that Kitty was a dcc. I just can’t accept that one of the girls we’re rooting for and love at the moment may grow up to be like that (and I’m not only referring to the extremely tacky highlights). 

I can’t say it looked good to me, but I think it’s cute that they got some many alumnae. I still think that their skills throughout 80-90s weren’t that great (their choreo definitely wasn’t) which makes me want to know why exactly Kelli was such an amazing superstar that was the only one who didn’t have to audition for her last season? I’m sure there were other girls throughout the seasons that were just as good if not better.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can someone post the timestamp(s) and/or screen shots of Kelli/Judy/Kitty?  Thanks.

About 1:38.  She looked darned good too.

I bet there was a run on arthritis pain formula pain relief right after that.

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

My brain can’t accept that Kitty was a dcc. I just can’t accept that one of the girls we’re rooting for and love at the moment may grow up to be like that (and I’m not only referring to the extremely tacky highlights). 

I can’t say it looked good to me, but I think it’s cute that they got some many alumnae. I still think that their skills throughout 80-90s weren’t that great (their choreo definitely wasn’t) which makes me want to know why exactly Kelli was such an amazing superstar that was the only one who didn’t have to audition for her last season? I’m sure there were other girls throughout the seasons that were just as good if not better.

Do we have a pic of Kitty in uniform?

38 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

This is the pic I always remember (and the story that her dad bought the jackets for the team because he thought they were showing too much skin).

Screenshot_2019-07-29-18-20-13-1.png

Is it just me or does she look a lot like brennan in this pic

• Love 1
On 7/28/2019 at 8:49 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Kitty was gittin' it.

22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Judy isn't in this, and Kelli is the narrator thru out the video.

11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Judy & Kelli generally don’t dance as they are TPTB.  Was that Shelley B leading the 80’s group out for their dance?

11 hours ago, Tarode said:

Yes, I believe it was! She looked great too!

I think Kitty and Shelly looked pretty darn good 🙂

11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Wasn't there a video of one or both of them doing some choreo or did I totally dream that!?

• Love 1

I just watched the video and, as hardcore as Kitty is, as much as in-your-face as she is, I expected her to be MUCH better than she was.  Even if it was mainly arms and waist-up, it seemed that Kitty couldn't remember some of the moves and, as she was a half-beat or so behind, like she was watching others to help her remember what came next.  Not good for someone who's still supposedly teaching dance.  As for Shelly, she KILLED it out there.  She was amazing, fun to watch and with a huge smile that seemed natural. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/28/2019 at 2:03 PM, DCCme said:

I just watched the DCC farewell to Texas Stadium performance (YouTube). It included alumni from every decade dancing and I thought “now this is the sisterhood they’re always talking about”.  I figure some of those women had grandchildren in the audience and how fun for them it must have been to show off just a bit.

We were at that  game and special performance! It was awesome! 

Ahhhh edited to change that it wasn’t freezing. I had the dcc farewell confused with the last game at Texas Stadium. That game was freezing. We were at both though and I vividly remember the DCC performance. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
(edited)

They talk politics for a few and then start talking to Natalie.  She said that she had the widest hips on the squad.  That would have been season 2 - I would have thought Brooke or Kandi with their builds.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4

Holly P is an outstanding dancer, but I can’t say I’m loving this latest batch of photos. She has a little bit of a rougher look anyway, and I think the makeup makes her look harsh. 

I don’t need every current DCC and former DCC to be classically beautiful, but makeup choices aren’t helping here. 

• Love 10

I don’t ever understand how Kitty ever made the squad. This is so rude, but facially she was and is completely unattractive. She didn’t have nice hair or a great body. I don’t get it at all. You put her next to a few of those women like Carla H and Glenda S and Kitty is just an uggo. Normally I’d never say something so terrible, but she’s a bully and she’s mean so whatevs. Not an fan at all.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t ever understand how Kitty ever made the squad. This is so rude, but facially she was and is completely unattractive. She didn’t have nice hair or a great body. I don’t get it at all. You put her next to a few of those women like Carla H and Glenda S and Kitty is just an uggo. Normally I’d never say something so terrible, but she’s a bully and she’s mean so whatevs. Not an fan at all.  

I think we have to take into consideration that it was the 1970's -- different standards in makeup, hair, body fitness, etc. -- and that we're looking at old, grainy black and white photos. A knockout? No. Completely unattractive? Not that either. I'd say more average in the team pics (although that hair has always been out of control).

That said, her 1975 team pic (and I'm totally dating myself here) says "Nellie Oleson" to me (resident mean girl on Little House on the Prairie for you younguns 😉).

CollageMaker_20190730_205157778.jpg

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)
55 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I think we have to take into consideration that it was the 1970's -- different standards in makeup, hair, body fitness, etc. -- and that we're looking at old, grainy black and white photos. A knockout? No. Completely unattractive? Not that either. I'd say more average in the team pics (although that hair has always been out of control).

That said, her 1975 team pic (and I'm totally dating myself here) says "Nellie Oleson" to me (resident mean girl on Little House on the Prairie for you younguns 😉).

Sorry but there is absolutely nothing attractive about this photo. Many of the other ladies are lovely.

Edited by PrincessLeia
Edited out the really mean part 🤦‍♀️
  • Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

Holly P is an outstanding dancer, but I can’t say I’m loving this latest batch of photos. She has a little bit of a rougher look anyway, and I think the makeup makes her look harsh. 

I don’t need every current DCC and former DCC to be classically beautiful, but makeup choices aren’t helping here. 

The photo in the cheetah lingerie/swimsuit ...her makeup ages her 10 years in that pic.  I really  liked the one in the green suit with the sheer black shrug but not the cheetah one.  

Now this one....I LOVE !!!!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3

I may be sharing really OLD news but it looks like Kat Rogers is now engaged to her boyfriend Houston Astro Ryan Pressly. This is from the All Star Game in early July. Sorry if this is stale stuff but I saw this on her Twitter today.2131642191_ScreenShot2019-07-31at3_04_32PM.png.ff6787b967a5694fb16a98431a87fea1.png

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I may be sharing really OLD news but it looks like Kat Rogers is now engaged to her boyfriend Houston Astro Ryan Pressly. This is from the All Star Game in early July. Sorry if this is stale stuff but I saw this on her Twitter today.2131642191_ScreenShot2019-07-31at3_04_32PM.png.ff6787b967a5694fb16a98431a87fea1.png

They look cute together.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder what men really think of hair extensions (not that Kat's are definitely extensions).  It just seems weird to me.  Do you wear them when you go to bed at night?  

if hers aren't extensions i will eat my hat.  They almost look like the clip in ones i got super cheap on Amazon for fun lol  I think if you get the like hairbychrissy extensions that all the dlist Bachelorette franchise women get it can look real and maybe men don't have a clue it's not...but these.  oh well, whatever floats yer boat.  they do look cute together and i'm glad she's happy! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Kayce said:

The photo in the cheetah lingerie/swimsuit ...her makeup ages her 10 years in that pic.  I really  liked the one in the green suit with the sheer black shrug but not the cheetah one.  

Now this one....I LOVE !!!!

I don’t care for her and I think she looks ridiculous. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder what men really think of hair extensions (not that Kat's are definitely extensions).  It just seems weird to me.  Do you wear them when you go to bed at night?  

Men hate them. If they aren’t clip in, they’re even worse. Try running your hair through a head of fusion hair extensions. 

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I don’t care for her and I think she looks ridiculous. 

^^^

I sound old and grumpy 🤣👵🏼🤣

LOL a warm welcome from me into the old & grumpy club 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli saying yes to the dress

I can't wait to see what happens when Nicole B gets married - Randy Fenoli from Say Yes to the Dress is her cousin.  If I remember right, I think Nicole H and Kaitlin I appeared on his show??

• Love 1

Lol, I love Say Yes to the Dress, and that consultant in particular. She's awesome!! I've been wedding dress shopping recently and Kelli's silhouette is similar to what I have in mind. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't wait to see what happens when Nicole B gets married - Randy Fenoli from Say Yes to the Dress is her cousin.  If I remember right, I think Nicole H and Kaitlin I appeared on his show??

Also Courtney (from FL) but I think was the Atlanta  SYTTD. I never saw the episode.

5 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

Lol, I love Say Yes to the Dress, and that consultant in particular. She's awesome!! I've been wedding dress shopping recently and Kelli's silhouette is similar to what I have in mind. 

I think her name is Nicole. I recall her saying how she started working there when she was in HS and worked her way up the ranks. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think her name is Nicole. I recall her saying how she started working there when she was in HS and worked her way up the ranks. 

That's Antonella.  She started out in alterations.  She's one of my favorites.

• Love 3

What yrs/seasons was Holly Powell? And is it me or does one of the two swimsuit photos posted above (too lazy to quote it right now) look more like lingerie?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed some wording
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2019 at 11:06 PM, hannahbanana said:

Eh kinda....she's prettier though (just my humble opinion)

24 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

What yrs/seasons was Holly Powell? And is it me or does one of the two swimsuit photos posted above (too lazy to quote it right now) look more like lingerie?

Holly was on the 2015 and 2016 squads so Seasons 10 and 11 I believe?

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

Holly was on the 2015 and 2016 squads so Seasons 10 and 11 I believe?

Thanks.....was having trouble remembering.  And 2016 was a rough year for me so I'm doing good to remember ANYTHING 🙂

On 7/29/2019 at 10:45 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Did Mia G's older(?) sister audition more than the season she and Mia auditioned and Mia made it?

PS wasn't the sister's name Nina or am I not remembering correctly?