Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I loved her brunette makeover!  Her blonde was definitely too yellow and she honestly kind of blended in with blonde hair.  I kept getting her and Buccaneers Courtney confused until after the makeovers, after that Loren really stood out to me!  

I’m right there with you. Loren’s blonde hair really wasn’t doing her any favors, and it was apparent once she got her brunette makeover.

• Love 8
On 11/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Not a scandal, not trying to start rumors! I absolutely love her and she seems mature, but she’s one of the few dcc guests I’m sure doesn’t live in Texas anymore, so I’m not happy she went. I’m not judging her as harshly as Danielle because well I don’t know whether she decided to make a road trip out of it instead of flying in and she’s one of the very few dccs who doesn’t post nights out etc. Either she legit stays at home with her partner or she’s smart enough not to flaunt it on social media.

True, but I think that’s more of the vibe nowadays. They all wear colorful dresses that are a bit too short and skin tight for interviews.

Eh exactly, and unless they’ve quarantined for 2 weeks before taking the tests, even a negative test isn’t worth anything.

I understand some posters on the forum might consider this excessive,but this is such an unusual moment in history so I can’t understand those who act like nothing has changed. Especially when so many people have had to make drastic changes in their lives, lost their jobs or loved ones etc. And well yes I’m furious that we got into another lockdown after months of following state-mandated rules (so not exactly the same situation as in the us where you don’t have federally imposed laws on covid), just because a smaller part of the population just don’t get it. And I mean, we have the internet, we have more entertainment options at home than ever before... no susan it’s not that terrible to spend even a year limiting social interactions, parties etc when you can have chill nights at home with select people, go outside in non-crowded areas etc. We’re not exactly battling black death during the middle ages here, get it together for the sake of everyone else if not for yourself.

and to move on from this happy talk, WHY havent they asked Mary yet to choreograph for dcc? She’s amazing: 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHbNzDZlOEr/?igshid=1d3qn0ismeh0x

Not sure if her account is public?

Heather seemed very nice 

• Love 1

I was rewatching the Kalyssa season panel interview, they asked her who the first lady is, she didn't know, then a minute later she said she thought they meant the FIRST first lady (not Melania Trump)... OK, if she didn't understand the question, fine, but shouldn't she have heard of Martha Washington?

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Emma C said:

I was rewatching the Kalyssa season panel interview, they asked her who the first lady is, she didn't know, then a minute later she said she thought they meant the FIRST first lady (not Melania Trump)... OK, if she didn't understand the question, fine, but shouldn't she have heard of Martha Washington?

That one always confused me. I chalk it up to nerves or her mind just going blank. I feel like the whole "first first lady" bit was an attempt to cover up the fact she had a total brain fart. I know that in interviews I've been asked something I 100% know the answer to but nerves seem to have hidden that answer somewhere deep inside the dusty corner of my brain right when I need it. 

I honestly think that's what happened with Kelsey and the 50 yard line thing. I think she was just so nervous she said the first thing that popped into her head. If she hadn't just guessed and answered wrong she might have done better because girl was STUNNING and they were fools not to take her for something that is totally learnable with just some studying. 

I do think/hope that they are judged just as much on how they don't answer a question than whether they know the answer. They are going to be asked questions IRL that they don't know the answer to, no one can know every answer to every question, so it is how they recover that matters. Kalyssa did handle herself well enough during recovery. She kept that smile on her face, laughed it off and carried on. 

I think the ones who can't answer the question then just stare like a deer in headlights are the ones who are in danger of being cut for interviews. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

That one always confused me. I chalk it up to nerves or her mind just going blank. I feel like the whole "first first lady" bit was an attempt to cover up the fact she had a total brain fart. I know that in interviews I've been asked something I 100% know the answer to but nerves seem to have hidden that answer somewhere deep inside the dusty corner of my brain right when I need it. 

I honestly think that's what happened with Kelsey and the 50 yard line thing. I think she was just so nervous she said the first thing that popped into her head. If she hadn't just guessed and answered wrong she might have done better because girl was STUNNING and they were fools not to take her for something that is totally learnable with just some studying. 

I do think/hope that they are judged just as much on how they don't answer a question than whether they know the answer. They are going to be asked questions IRL that they don't know the answer to, no one can know every answer to every question, so it is how they recover that matters. Kalyssa did handle herself well enough during recovery. She kept that smile on her face, laughed it off and carried on. 

I think the ones who can't answer the question then just stare like a deer in headlights are the ones who are in danger of being cut for interviews. 

Meghan from Season 6 comes to mind with your theory. She handled her Commander in Chief flub very well, which may have helped her get a spot in training camp.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Emma C said:

That annoyed me too. It surprises me how little these girls seem to know. Sure they are in a pressure situation but come on - you haven't heard of Martha Washington? I am not even American and I knew that. I don't follow the cowboys and really know not a lot about american football in general but even after watching the show I knew a lot of questions that they were asked on the panel interviews - like how many yards a football field was .... 

• Love 2

Most of the time it’s not them not knowing the answer but combo of being nervous and not expecting a certain question and having as someone stated a brain fart. 

my boss’s boss came by and spoke to me one day and I was so shocked and nervous that when he saw a picture of my niece and asked me her name it took me a whole minute to remember......and I only have one niece. 🥴

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 11/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, DCCOracle said:

tumblr_lx61e65H1x1qc5z09540.gif.96dd2c423b228564845cdc56438d237e.gif

Reposting this photo because it's relevant to the conversation: 😂

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-10h08m39s593.thumb.jpg.6da68eaba86ea7e64254aafa6939fe01.jpg

She lines up a handful of of them and tells them to get in shape, but the one TCC that she's known for years gets leeway? Bull. I'm glad she's not on the show anymore. She'd be calling Daphne and Gina overweight is she had her way.

You stole all my answers!

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Kalyssa also immediately answered the next question correctly, which was about the director of the FBI, so I definitely think it was a brain fart more than anything else!  I was glad that they gave her some grace on that one, anyone can have a moment of panic and just blurt out "I don't know!" rather than actually take a moment and think about it.

Kelsey was such a funny mix of what would have made a great ambassador (warm, friendly, pretty) and what would have made a terrible ambassador (lack of knowledge about football and the Cowboys, blurting out a dumb answer instead of pausing to think), I don't blame them for eventually erring on the side of "good ambassador" with her.  I remember seeing her as a veteran when they went to the VA hospital and she seemed totally comfortable talking to everyone.

And yes, much like a dance mistake it's all about the recovery when you flub an answer!  We've seen plenty of girls charm their way out of not knowing an answer.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Kalyssa also immediately answered the next question correctly, which was about the director of the FBI, so I definitely think it was a brain fart more than anything else!  I was glad that they gave her some grace on that one, anyone can have a moment of panic and just blurt out "I don't know!" rather than actually take a moment and think about it.

Kelsey was such a funny mix of what would have made a great ambassador (warm, friendly, pretty) and what would have made a terrible ambassador (lack of knowledge about football and the Cowboys, blurting out a dumb answer instead of pausing to think), I don't blame them for eventually erring on the side of "good ambassador" with her.  I remember seeing her as a veteran when they went to the VA hospital and she seemed totally comfortable talking to everyone.

And yes, much like a dance mistake it's all about the recovery when you flub an answer!  We've seen plenty of girls charm their way out of not knowing an answer.

One of the ones I cringed the most was actually Dayton her first Finals....the I don't know, but will get back to you???  I instantly thought this poor girl probably googled 'generic responses to questions you don't know the answer' 🤣 Like come on girl, you know this interview doesn't work that way! 

I can't remember where I read it, but it said something along the lines that Kelsey had said that she did basically have a brain fart and in a panic thought of the phrase 50 yard line girl (or whatever) and just said 50.  Not sure how true that is and it does seem like a little bit of a stretch, but hey, if I was nervous enough, no telling what would come out of my mouth  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

One of the ones I cringed the most was actually Dayton her first Finals....the I don't know, but will get back to you???  I instantly thought this poor girl probably googled 'generic responses to questions you don't know the answer' 🤣 Like come on girl, you know this interview doesn't work that way! 

I can't remember where I read it, but it said something along the lines that Kelsey had said that she did basically have a brain fart and in a panic thought of the phrase 50 yard line girl (or whatever) and just said 50.  Not sure how true that is and it does seem like a little bit of a stretch, but hey, if I was nervous enough, no telling what would come out of my mouth  

Oh, yeah, that was such a weird answer from Dayton!  And yes, I've certainly been in job interviews where that is actually the best answer (and you follow up in your thank-you email with the answer), but that's for like technical questions.  I could just imagine her leaving the interview, googling "who is the Dallas Cowboys starting quarterback" (or whatever the question was) and then sticking her head back into the interview room to tell Kelli.  LOL!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Plus after Kelsey said "There are 50 yards on a football field... No wait, 100 yards.".... She knew the answer, just made a slip. But they edit her so poorly, making her look like an idiot. (or as Kelly would say later, "humiliated"...)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Emma C said:

Plus after Kelsey said "There are 50 yards on a football field... No wait, 100 yards.".... She knew the answer, just made a slip. But they edit her so poorly, making her look like an idiot. (or as Kelly would say later, "humiliated"...)

Oh, I hated when Kelly sad that to Kelsey, about being humiliated. WTF? I'm pretty sure it was the same office visit when Kelsey thanked them (very graciously) for giving her a second chance and Kelly responded with "I don't think we did". What is that supposed to mean? Yes, you did give her a second chance. Maybe in your eyes she screwed it up but she is there, for a second time, which is exactly what a second chance means you moron!  Sometimes it is Kelly who has the brain fart. lol

IDK why she was so hard on Kelsey. That girl was a great DCC. Stunning to look at, great personality, able to laugh at herself, tried hard, and even if she wasn't the best dancer, she was eye catching. She had that "it" factor. The only think I can think of she did wrong was give a really silly answer to one question, but even that she handled well IMO. 

Full disclosure, she and Brittney Schram are hands down my favorite DCCs so I may be a little biased. 

• Love 14

Jacie and her man broke up? I stan Jacie and only want her to live her best life, so if he wasn't it, good for her. But, I'm sure there is real heartbreak in any broken engagement, even if the person realizes it's for the best, so I wish her well in mending her heart (not saying I know it's best or that she feels that way).

I don't think Kelsey corrected herself with the 100 yards. I think they asked a vet the answer. Based on her total lack of knowledge about other parts of football until the first year she made the team, I'm not sure I buy that it was a brain fart. That said, I looked at the first few (of hundreds!) of Quizlet flashcards with questions to prep for the written exam someone posted on another thread and I got most wrong. I do have football knowledge and still found it challenging, so if you don't study football AND Cowboys history as well as current events, the written part is not likely to go well for you. Kelsey was a beautiful young lady who seemed very personable and sweet, but her self-absorption with her looks seems to occupy the center of her life (at least as presented on social media) and that is just a turnoff to me.

Thanks for the post and link about Mary's choreography! Love, love, love her! But, I was disheartened to see she was an unmasked and non-social distancing participant of Lacey's wedding and her wifelorette party thing. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't think Kelsey corrected herself with the 100 yards. I think they asked a vet the answer. Based on her total lack of knowledge about other parts of football until the first year she made the team, I'm not sure I buy that it was a brain fart.

No, Kelsey corrected herself but she honestly did it in kind of an airhead way.  After the judges questioned her, "50 yards on a football field?"  She did something like, "Yeah... oh, wait, no!  Whoa, just kidding."  I don't think I'm explaining it well, but basically she didn't correct herself until they made it obvious she'd made a blunder and she didn't do it in a very graceful way.  I liked Kelsey a lot, I think she was a good cheerleader even if she wasn't the strongest dancer.  I think they were hard on her, but she seemed to respond to that coaching style and not take it personally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

My husband and I are rewatching the Sopranos, and in a recent episode there was a stunningly beautiful actress guest starring. I was curious who the actress was because I had never seen her before, and it turned out to be Sarah Shahi! I’ve heard her name as a former DCC but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her before. Her DCC cameo does not do her justice. ETA: I think she’s very pretty in this picture but even more so on the screen.

B18CC124-26F3-4CAD-8629-F54E9E5B8BD4.jpeg

Edited by ExtremeFajitas
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, M1977G said:

Kelsey was a beautiful young lady who seemed very personable and sweet, but her self-absorption with her looks seems to occupy the center of her life (at least as presented on social media) and that is just a turnoff to me.

Same!  Which is why I'm not a fan.

19 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I remember seeing her as a veteran when they went to the VA hospital and she seemed totally comfortable talking to everyone.

And let me guess...none of them asked her who the Secretary of State or the 1st First Lady is 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

My husband and I are rewatching the Sopranos, and in a recent episode there was a stunningly beautiful actress guest starring. I was curious who the actress was because I had never seen her before, and it turned out to be Sarah Shahi! I’ve heard her name as a former DCC but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her before. Her DCC cameo does not do her justice. ETA: I think she’s very pretty in this picture but even more so on the screen.

B18CC124-26F3-4CAD-8629-F54E9E5B8BD4.jpeg

I didn't know she was a DCC before! She's in some of my fave American shows: Chicago Fire and The Rookie!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I didn't know she was a DCC before! She's in some of my fave American shows: Chicago Fire and The Rookie!

What was it Shelly B said - made the squad, made the calendar cover (girls who just made the squad used to go on the calendar shoot), cheered for one or two games and then quit???

• Useful 2
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

What was it Shelly B said - made the squad, made the calendar cover (girls who just made the squad used to go on the calendar shoot), cheered for one or two games and then quit???

I wonder if her name was 'left squad' on the old team photos?? 😆

I googled her & found this video @1:40 she says it was less than a season

and here is another gem, but cowgirl?!?! lol

Edited by GaveIn
  • Useful 2
On 11/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, GaveIn said:

Interesting! Oof, the pencil thin eyebrows in that second video. 😂

• Love 1
On 11/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, DCC-UK said:

She also played Cheyenne Hart Montgomery's (Joanna Garcia) high school acquaintance on the "Reba" sitcom (that's the only place I've seen her besides DCC).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
I can't spell
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

She also played Cheyenne Hart Montgomery's (Joanna Garcia) high school acquaintance on the "Reba" sitcom (that's the only place I've seen her besides DCC).

She is married to Steve Howey, who played Cheyenne’s husband, Van. 

• Love 2
On 11/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, GaveIn said:

pretty girl... lousy dancer 🧐

• Love 1

I don't understand the purpose of the panel interviews.  I mean how often are they actually interviewed? Everything I've seen (which are few and far between) in regards to interviews have been cheerleading/performing questions "how often do you practice?" as opposed to "do you know who the FBI director is?".

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I don't understand the purpose of the panel interviews.  I mean how often are they actually interviewed? Everything I've seen (which are few and far between) in regards to interviews have been cheerleading/performing questions "how often do you practice?" as opposed to "do you know who the FBI director is?".

It's more of an opportunity for the judges to get to know these girls beyond the dancing.  How they handle questions they don't know the answer to, what are their personalities like - are they funny, interesting, intelligent, etc.  How will they represent the organization.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Panel interviews are helpful to see if the women can function under pressure, be pleasant, speak intelligently and are able to make conversation as well as show they can dress for the event. They do attend events where they are expected to do more than stand still & look pretty (cocktail parties, organization banquets & other events where they are not in uniform). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The panel interviews are actually one of my favorite things about finals.  I suspect that their answers aren't as important as how they handle themselves in the moment with (potentially) tough questions/situations.  Anyone can be a beautiful girl and a fabulous dancer with the right amount of money and effort, but getting to see the person behind that exterior intrigues me more than anything.  Of course I admit I'm not the target demographic of DCC. 🙂 

While I would love to see the solos in their entirety, I would REALLY love to see panel interviews in their entirety.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

She is married to Steve Howey, who played Cheyenne’s husband, Van. 

Yep.  Now if I could just remember the episode title (I know what season) Sarah was in.  Her character (Bridget) was selling a house and Reba Hart (Reba McEntire) was her realtor.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
18 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Bad screenshotting but my goodness, I didn’t know little Heather was that good of a turner! I knew she was good but this was amazing! 

81EAA6EC-2019-49E8-9A31-CB745F68BC6A.png

oooooh I liked that one! Good dancer and a cute look. Shame she got cut.

• Love 3

That rookie class had some weak links looks and figure wise that I was surprised made the final cut. I wasn’t surprised at any of the vet cuts that year.  Little Heather is cute but I don’t think they were a fan of her look. Teeny tiny, a little mousey and I don’t think the kick line mistake during auditions was her first. 

• Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, DCC-UK said:

Bad screenshotting but my goodness, I didn’t know little Heather was that good of a turner! I knew she was good but this was amazing! 

81EAA6EC-2019-49E8-9A31-CB745F68BC6A.png

To this day..... I'm still angry about her cut.   She was ROBBED!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

Speaking of Heathers, the social media team has made another small error...

maybe they were just showcasing the years she was on AZ pom?  😆  It's the only text on the video, one would think that was pretty simple. And the fact you are doing retirees from the last season would be a good clue that your years might not be right.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Speaking of Heathers, the social media team has made another small error...

It’s fun to laugh at and is just a small error, but at the same time oddly frustrating. I see it’s the DCC account, but maybe CMT put this together? 

Heather was a strong member of the squad (personal opinion of course), so I would think they’d at least get the years right for her :(. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

That rookie class had some weak links looks and figure wise that I was surprised made the final cut. I wasn’t surprised at any of the vet cuts that year.  Little Heather is cute but I don’t think they were a fan of her look. Teeny tiny, a little mousey and I don’t think the kick line mistake during auditions was her first. 

She did look like a little girl but they chose her the first time 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

She did look like a little girl but they chose her the first time 

I was surprised they kept both her and Allie - that was a year I thought they could easily drop down to 32. I like Kelsey L and glad she made the cut, but Yuko was a puzzling keep for me as was Jessika.

I always mix up their rookie year with the next one that also had easy cuts that they kept anyway thanks to the drama of the seam. I know it happens every year but at least sometimes they make sense for ambassador or beauty reasons. Heather must have been one that they thought could mature in her look and dance style but didn’t get there.

“She didn’t do anything to lose her job.”

“But did she do anything to KEEP it.”

(I don’t always agree with this sentiment, but I can see it being used for a bland candidate who made a very visible mistake during auditions. She was cut before the total train wreck of a 2017 squad, tho, so I’m sure TPTB wish they had kept her.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I was surprised they kept both her and Allie - that was a year I thought they could easily drop down to 32. I like Kelsey L and glad she made the cut, but Yuko was a puzzling keep for me as was Jessika.

I always mix up their rookie year with the next one that also had easy cuts that they kept anyway thanks to the drama of the seam. I know it happens every year but at least sometimes they make sense for ambassador or beauty reasons. Heather must have been one that they thought could mature in her look and dance style but didn’t get there.

“She didn’t do anything to lose her job.”

“But did she do anything to KEEP it.”

(I don’t always agree with this sentiment, but I can see it being used for a bland candidate who made a very visible mistake during auditions. She was cut before the total train wreck of a 2017 squad, tho, so I’m sure TPTB wish they had kept her.)

By train wreck you’re referring to Alexandria, Kalyssa, and Milan, right? 

And yeah I guess she just didn’t impress them enough the second time around. I was surprised they chose her to begin with. 

• Love 1

Unless I’m mixing my drinks (totally possible, even with referencing the wiki!)

1. Mandy V retires last minute  before auditions amongst rumors she was on weight warning. 

2. Allie, Little Heather and Raylee cut during auditions

3. Jenna warned for her lack of leadership amongst other issues etc. and then the drama continues with the whole point thing 

4. Holly P warned and resigned/was fired

5. Erica bails during camp and it got totally buried/edited from the show 

6. Alexandria bails before the season starts

7. Milan bails mid season 

7. Kalyssa bails after the football is complete

Did I miss anything? Is this the season Jinelle missed a week of camp because she had to have surgery while at home renewing her visa?  Might have been the year before since it’s three years. I mean, the crazy didn’t stop that year.

• Love 8
On 11/21/2020 at 12:53 PM, vanillagum said:

why did she get cut again? did she just kick the wrong way? was she just meh compared to rookie candidates?

Probably because she gave VK tips on how to spin without falling out of it.

• LOL 11

I don't know if somebody posted this but the new DCC website has this Looking Back section under the History tab and there are some posts about former DCC members. So I clicked on Sara Fulghum's tabs and I kid you not they are using photos from Pompedia. I am like do you not have a photo archive from the past? Why use sh***y photos with low resolution from Pompedia? I just found this hilarious and frustrating at the same time.

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/news/sara-fulghum/

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/looking-back/

I looked at the other girls and it just looks like they found photos off of Google and used them for the posts. Some girls don't even have photos. Like I would understand if you don't have photos from the 60's but at least by the 80's you would have an archive of all of your DCC photos. It just goes to show you how messy this website is.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 3