Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Was this back in 2009? Or during Obama's second term? I've seen every episode within the past six years, I think (because I didn't know he had his own show almost a year after Politically Incorrect was cancelled, so discovered this show late), but I don't remember this one. She came of more as uninformed, but not terribly obnoxious, like the Shebeast, Jedifoxbot, the Cryptkeeper and others of their ilk have done. Though I did snort and laugh at Begala's "I wasn't born during the French Revolution, but know of it." I just fucking love him.

Personally, I didn't see the show in 2009, but I have seen this clip a number of times, so it immediately hopped to mind.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Personally, I didn't see the show in 2009, but I have seen this clip a number of times, so it immediately hopped to mind.

Because I'm an anal-retentive, and Google is my friend...[insert drum roll....] this aired five months almost to the day into Obama's first term: June 20, 2009.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Since I don't know much about her at all, I'm not going to watch the clip, and instead wait for her to show up on The View to form my opinion. Hopefully her first day won't be a highly political one, so we can get to know her a little bit before they take their respective "sides".

• Love 3

What a laugh that article is, especially trying to sell Jedi as someone who "saw both sides." No, that's Sara, and she's still employed. Jedi was just too cowardly to call herself a Trump supporter out loud despite defending him everyday. Then the article tries for a bid of sympathy for so many conservative co-hosts being fired, clearly forgetting about Jenny McCarthy, Rosie Perez, Raven Symone, and Michelle Collins. (And Rosie O'Donnell, who quit.)

• Love 5

I doubt the writer of the article actually watches The View regularly. Hasselbeck was brainwashed. Wallace didn't like Trump. CCB wouldn't really give a real opinion. Plus I won't agree Bila saw both sides of an argument because she never backed down even when screeching "I agree" over and over at interruptions from other co-hosts. 

I've never felt better than Jediblahblah being fired.

• Love 7

Just last month Ms. McCain tweeted that she was leaving Fox News to "focus on other things". It would be easy to assume she was referring to her father's life-threatening illness but apparently she can multitask.

• Love 1

She's certainly not the only adult who needs to multi-task and work while also worrying about and spending time with aging and terminally ill parents.  At least in the case of the McCains, they have resources for care takers as needed and can pay for flights to see each other when she has time off.

I'm seeing a lot of articles featuring a clip of Corey Feldman warning against sexual predators in Hollywood while Barbara Walters admonishes him for making the industry look bad. Wrong side of the argument again, Babs.

• Love 7

Yeah Qoass, a friend told me about this being spread among her friends on FB, only the click bait was Barbara Walters/ sexual assault/ Corey Feldman. Not exactly the true and full story. FoxNews and other r/w sites are promoting the heck out of it notwithstanding that the principals of the sites are among the most noteworthy sexual predators and abusers. (See Ailes, O'Reilly, etc., etc.) Ironic, isn't it?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 3
On 10/17/2017 at 8:17 AM, Qoass said:

I'm seeing a lot of articles featuring a clip of Corey Feldman warning against sexual predators in Hollywood while Barbara Walters admonishes him for making the industry look bad. Wrong side of the argument again, Babs.

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Yeah Qoass, a friend told me about this being spread among her friends on FB, only the click bait was Barbara Walters/ sexual assault/ Corey Feldman. Not exactly the true and full story. FoxNews and other r/w sites are promoting the heck out of it notwithstanding that the principals of the sites are among the most noteworthy sexual predators and abusers. (See Ailes, O'Reilly, etc., etc.) Ironic, isn't it?

Here's one article abut it

• Love 1

From the Daily Mail article:

I'm sure the ABC executives and The View producers are loving that this type of sparring is happening on air, but at some point it also implodes behind the scene and that's where the trouble lies,' the source said. 

Do people still go for the "cat fight" thing?  This didn't work on American Idol with Mariah Carey and Nikki Minaj.  We don't want to see this, DO we?  I can't believe the ratings have improved, either.

• Love 5

If I knew how to use Twitter, I swear, I'd tweet her ass every chance I got, asking if she even knew how to think for herself, or if she had her own opinions, or is her vocabulary just limited to "This is SOOO HARD!!" or "primal, culture wars," and "ON BOTH SIDES." She's nothing but an empty vessel who spouts rhetoric.

• Love 5

Meg's not too bright either,  depending on her "insider" experience being the daughter of a candidate and Senator, altho she admits she didn't want to get a job after college so dad said she had to work the campaign. For fuck's sake, she's not Caroline Kennedy. 

I say Meg's not too bright also because she is trying to  put forth a "hard-hitting tough chick" persona which she interprets by being a mean girl alienating the opposition-- squinting her eyes, furrowing her brow, and pressing her already thin lips in a grimacie  line.   I think you can be strong and decently polite to others, and even friends with them as Al Franken, Teddy Kennedy, and her dad sometimes could be.  Or Joy. Honey, not vinegar.   

Bitsy did the same thing,  and where is she today????

• Love 6

Sunny says that in Maine they voted to expand Medicaire/ACA, and Elsa snipped, nobody is clapping for that, before she goes on to say that Gillespie was not Trumpian enough.  Whoopi talks about the major inroads in diversity through elections, and Joy says it is a great day, and Elsa says it will get worse before it gets better by the mid-term elections. 

Elsa is a stone cold bitch.

• Love 8
Just now, ChiCricket said:

Maybe, but the rest of the pictures look just as cold and uninviting (to me.)

It is probably staged.  We moved two years ago and we had to stage our house we were selling to remove everything personal and inviting.  But, apparently the strategy works because we sold it fast once it went up on zillow.

• Love 2

Meghan got married today at family's vacation spread in  Cornville, AZ (near Sedona)  and her Dad walked her down the aisle.  Perhaps her wedding date was moved up a bit because of the Senator's cancer but how wonderful that they were able to celebrate as a family...makes their Thanksgiving holiday extra special!

• Love 8
On November 20, 2017 at 2:31 PM, ChiCricket said:

It sure doesn't look like somewhere I'd like to live. Looks like a museum.

joybehar_uws2.jpg

On November 20, 2017 at 6:09 PM, ChicagoCita said:

I hope this doesn't mean she's leaving The View! Joy goes, I go.

Her show where friends came and chatted took place in her kitchen, which was very cozy and inviting.

This doesn't look like her place at all unless Its the lobby. The show where she had friends come over was almost modest  we saw her go to her front door to let someone in , her couch that was near the kitchen.  Kind of overstuffed couch and some odd drapes she spoke about. Footstool someone gave her. At one point she said she had just one tv in her bedroom( think she got another later. I remember someone broke the granite counter during a filming. I know her daughter has lived in same building so curious if she is moving also. 

Good for her she's worked hard so should enjoy the benifits. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

This doesn't look like her place at all unless Its the lobby.

That quoted pic is the lobby. I remember her daughter living in the same building too. Maybe she moved so Joy decided to she would to?

• Love 4

For anyone who is interested...

SOURCE: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/ABCs-THE-VIEW-Beats-The-Talk-Across-the-Board-During-November-Sweep-20171129#

ABC's THE VIEW delivered 2.985 million Total Viewers, 510,000 Women 25-54 and 337,000 Women 18-49 during the 2017 November Sweep, based on Most Current Data from Nielsen Media Research. "The View" beat CBS' "The Talk" (2.642 million, 405,000 and 278,000, respectively) during the month across the board: Total Viewers (+343,000), Women 25-54 (+105,000) and Women 18-49 (+59,000).

"The View" posted its largest sweeps margins over the CBS program in over 3 years in Total Viewers and in more than 4 years in Women 25-54 - since May 2014 and February 2013, respectively. In addition, "The View" led "The Talk" by its largest November sweep advantages in Total Viewers and Women 25-54 in 5 years - since November 2012.

"The View" saw double-digit increases versus the previous sweep (2.526 million, 419,000 and 306,000, respectively, for July 2017) in all key target demos: Total Viewers (+18%), Women 25-54 (+22%) and Women 18-49 (+10%).

November 2017 Sweep:

PROGRAM AVERAGES TOTAL VIEWERS WOMEN 25-54(000)/Rtg WOMEN 18-49(000)/Rtg
ABC's "THE VIEW" 2,985,000 510,000/0.8 337,000/0.5
CBS' "THE TALK" 2,642,000 405,000/0.7 278,000/0.4

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewers, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49. Sweeps based on Live+7/Most Current: November 2017 Sweep (10/26 - 11/22/17), November 2016 Sweep (10/27 - 11/23/16) and July 2017 Sweep (6/29 - 7/26/17). Sweep periods (November, February, May and July). NOTE: Due to the digital transition, the 2009 February sweep was 3/5 - 4/1/09. Averages based on regular telecasts.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm especially glad this article made mention of Ana Navarro. I hope Meghan was threatened by her presence, because she can't use politics as an excuse for why viewers despise her and not Navarro. Navarro worked to get where she is, unlike rich bitch Meghan McCain. If the producers had any brains, they'd beg Navarro to join this show.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

From the article:

"She had griped that ABC News better not be giving Ana an audition for her seat, the source said."

And if they are Meghan?  What are you going to do about it?

This is, for all purposes, confirmation that she is on her way out. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm especially glad this article made mention of Ana Navarro. I hope Meghan was threatened by her presence, because she can't use politics as an excuse for why viewers despise her and not Navarro. Navarro worked to get where she is, unlike rich bitch Meghan McCain. If the producers had any brains, they'd beg Navarro to join this show.

Thanks for moving that link to this thread ... where I should have put it in the first place!!!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Oh, Meghan!  Viewers don't hate you because you're a conservative!  Most of us are related to conservatives!  We hate you because you suck!

* insert spittake here *  heeee

• Love 4

Awwww congratulations to Sara -h and Max!  awwww little Alec too!  Perfect timing too to be on hiatus.  Welcome to the world Little  One!  Now Sara, do all that Mommy bonding stuff...but get on with it! :)    We need you back at the desk pronto!  At least I do!  Bring the baby, I don't mind.  You can put her bassinet in that cozy little nook over your right shoulder, right back there....its  win-win!  But seriously, I jest (Sara).  Right on Ya Girl! Cheers!

Edited by Tammee
  • Love 7