Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E12: Time's Up

ByTor
  • Start Topic

re: Tara - 

If she was an outstanding rookie year 1, and at finals, then all of sudden you see a downward turn, something else, probably pretty deep, is going on. A dancers passion (ie performance signals), just doesn't fade out that quick. Yes, being a DCC is a job, and we all have had to check our personal problems at the job's door.  I just hope behind the scenes, K&J provide, or at least ask, is there anything they can do - beyond  letting her know she can come back again. Tara mentioned last week (or the week before) she had job stresses. There is only so much a person can take at one time and I could see Tara was in shock & surprised. Sounds like she was getting beat up from too many different sources. 

" ... and the thrill, the thrill is gone.. we used to have it all.. now its curtain call...So hold for the applause, ...And wave out to the crowd, and take our final bow...Oh, it's our time to go, but at least we stole the show..."

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

@Loves2Dance - I was coming here to say the same thing. Tonight didn’t seal the deal for me on Tara, and nothing will  SORRY YALL.

Kelli - you’re going to cut an in-shape vet who’s having a tough few weeks over anyone else? Some of the brunette rookies look like dudes. Ashlee has a weird ass wig. I have a sponge in my sink that has more personality than Erin.

At what point should we start a Go Fund Me for Piper’s nose job or Jennifer’s kid’s therapy?

Kelli, do you know what a good manager does? You tell your employee, “you’re having a tough time but I value what you bring to this organization, pull yourself together, I’m not going to fire you, let’s touch base next week”. 

Either Tara ran Kitty’s mullet wig over OR (or or or) Tara quit and they aired it as a cut scene. A lot of tonight seemed forced - Tara and VK’s cut scenes seemed fake. 

And.. let’s say Tara’s cut scene was legit - you kept VK over her for another few days?

VK, kashara, and Maddie had Mariah Carey abs - AKA, let’s photoshop them in. 

Hey Kitty, if you want to cut a vet, cut Jessika and Yuko for being ambassador risks, and Christina for looking like a man. 

And just when I think I'll be sitting alone in hell, you pop back up and remind me, I'm not gonna be alone. 

Drinks for 2? I have some wine and cheese ball left...the cake is gone though. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

And just when I think I'll be sitting alone in hell, you pop back up and remind me, I'm not gonna be alone. 

Drinks for 2? I have some wine and cheese ball left...the cake is gone though. 

Add me in.  I agree with everything you’ve said. 

Just now, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

@Smplsimon - now that we know exactly what was aired in regards to VK’s cut, is there anything more to the story that you can share with us? I’m not buying what they’re trying to sell us on the show. 

Same with Tara’s cut.

This whole season has been edited very heavily and unevenly. They’ve had to move entire sections around for some reason.

im wondering when in camp they were actually cut and how much time was left.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WinkyFace said:

Aww Meredith is cute, but damn she looks just like her mom now! 

Sorry - I have to say this... how old is Meredith? Of all of the "where are we now" segments, Meredith looked like she's aged the most... really aged...

Not saying aging is bad - as it happens to everyone .. It just looks like the the passing of time was not her best friend...

• Love 15

nocheating.png.7906d9e108171a9d9fb1c2739f5ca012.png

To quote Emmitt Smith (who I think quoted someone else) - " it's only a dream until you write it down, and then it becomes a goal. " :)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, sATL said:

Sorry - I have to say this... how old is Meredith? Of all of the "where are we now" segments, Meredith looked like she's aged the most... really aged...

Not saying aging is bad - as it happens to everyone .. It just looks like the the passing of time was not her best friend...

She's a civil servant working in a foreign country as an ambassador---her job is super stressful. Most people in those types of positions don't age well. 

13 minutes ago, sATL said:

To quote Emmitt Smith (who I think quoted someone else) - " it's only a dream until you write it down, and then it becomes a goal. " :)

Her mom is no better than Tina Kalina. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn’t think Meredith looked good. Her hair was graying at the roots and it looked dull. Overall I just don’t think she looked good. She’s probably about my age. 38 ish? Maybe younger?

to be fair, I look tired, extra fluffy and older too. Kids do that to you. 

Is she working or is it her husband? 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4

I was told from a source in the Dallas dance world that Tara went through a rough breakup in the off season . That along with her job may have been what derailed her. I do hope she comes back . She had a cute spunkiness about her her rookie year. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I loved Meredith when she was a DCC!  She was always classy and mature. I also know she was on weight watch....was even threatened in Season 5, that if she didn’t lose weight, she would not be allowed to perform. That being said...this sign has ALWAYS bothered me. My daughter had anorexia for three years. The time spent to help get her healthy was long, difficult, sad, and heartbreaking. To have this sign on your mirror....I don’t know if this was made by her mom, or if Meredith made the sign herself...All I know is this type of sign can lead to (or, is a sign of) an eating disorder. I hope Meredith did not spend years worrying about watching her weight go up/down. Every time I’ve watched Season 2, and saw this sign in her room, I felt sad for her. That’s a lot of pressure for a young woman. 

That being said....I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a Victoria hater....but....if Meredith was put on weight watch, and was threatened that she would be unable to perform if the weight did not come off.....I just don’t think it’s fair to keep Victoria as long as they did. I think cutting her this late in the game is also unfair to Victoria because it gave her a false sense that she stood a chance at making the squad. 

I totally understand Kelli’s predicament. I really feel for her. However, if Tina is truly Kelli’s best friend, Tina should be more than fair and understand why her daughter needed to be cut. If this situation ruined their friendship (truly hope it didn’t)then, Tina was not as good of a friend as Kelli thought. Kelli has been pretty consistent over the years on weight issues. She’s cut better dancers for it. So, I hope Tina is not holding a grudge...because, if she is....that’s really unfair to Kelly, Judy, and the entire DCC organization. 

Edited by Pksbena1
Amend wording
  • Love 9

Tara's cut was every bit as tear your heart out sad as everyone posted.  That was rough.  I pray she enjoyed several whip cream topped pancakes that night at iHop. 

VK, you broke me.  You handled it with grace.  I hope you branch out from your old norms, fall down, get up, live life and learn who you are outside of your Mom and the DCC.  Then, if you still want this dream, come back wiser and enjoy the journey.

I need to go hug my Labrador.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Gurl, I thought the same. She has really aged. But it might have been a lack of hair and make-up.

I have never seen a crazier mascara running from crying scene in my life. Someone get the girl a tissue!  OMG. It was like Albert Brooks sweating in Broadcast News. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, sATL said:

It was her eyebrows for me.  They were non-existent.  If Meredith would pencil them in, it would have cut a few years off her look.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

What happened to Victoria’s kicks?! Did she swivel her hips out like that this whole time!?!? It looks terrible!!!!

also her hair!!!!  Jesus!!!

It really irritated me to no end that they were siting there picking apart many girls and barely a word about Victoria except her kicks. You could see the grimaces on Kelli and Judy's faces, though. They were noticing how bad she looked. Her belly was jiggling all over the place and not one word about that. Even when they cut her, they weren't specific on camera about what was really wrong. I know this is a long-time friend, but they have been really scathing with some girls, and VK was just so wrong in so many ways. She simply cannot shut up and her hair was a mess, probably because she can't leave her hands out of it. It also made me mad that we never saw much of her performing. They give her so many scenes where she's talking and stick mainly to her head instead of showing that body that you know will not look right in the uniform. I'm sure they deliberately didn't show her performing so that viewers couldn't see how bad she was and compare that to the girls that Kelli called out for performance issues. She should have been released long ago, and the fact that they cut a vet before her is an even bigger slap in the face to Tara. I don't disagree with them cutting her, but Victoria and Malena were both worse than Tara and should have been cut ages ago. 

Did anyone else think Brennan looked ill on that first night? Her lips were so pale that I thought she might be sick.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, DancingBaptist said:

I’ve not watched all of the seasons like everyone has. I haven’t seen Kelli cut a vet and suggest she tryout the next year.

I really like Tara  Makes me wonder if she just had a hard year personally or what was going on that Kelli felt a vet cut was necessary.  I don't think Kelli ever has told them to come back.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

I was told from a source in the Dallas dance world that Tara went through a rough breakup in the off season . That along with her job may have been what derailed her. I do hope she comes back . She had a cute spunkiness about her her rookie year. 

Ok, I was just thinking it was something personal.  Thank you.  It was heartbreaking, such a down-to-earth girl.

• Love 10

So sad to see Tara let go. I don’t think it was a good decision, even Judi said in her cameos that she looked awesome. 

The scene for VK’s cut almost tug at my heartstrings but then they switched to a scene of her face and she looked like a scary clown and I couldn’t help but throw out a laugh. Seems to be my mood all season. 

I won’t be returned next year if VK is back. She needs a lot of maturing that I don’t see through her IG that she is doing. She just went back to her old routine and will bring the same next year. 

I was looking to reduce my cable bill and CMT is my provider’s first cut so goodbye DCC:MTT thanks for not providing an awesome season 13. I can’t believe I am not even excited for the finale. 

I have been a fan since Season 1 so that says a lot. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

VK handled the cut very well. I hated the mascara run, someone get that girl a tissue. I think Kelli did not help her dragging it out so close to "making the team"

I agree. They could have handed her a tissue. I mean we don't need the mascara drama. I do think VK handled it well and I actually do hope she comes back as A plus Victoria. 

Re: Tara - the part that bothered me the most is that Tara said she had being getting positive feedback in her performance notes. Therefore, why her? Watching the footage last night proved that several girls were making mistakes. Brennan looked sick. Rookie Madeline's facials are horrible. Ashlee and Malena still making mistakes. Across the field - several people still out of place. Tara's cut doesn't make sense with what we were shown. Also if this is a "sisterhood" why would they not offer to help someone already a proven DCC? Don't cut her when she's down if she was truly having boyfriend and job issues. She even said it would crush her. Some sisterhood.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Well, I'm 5'3" and 105 pounds and look thicker than she does.  Wish I could be thick just like her.

I sat through the whole episode thinking they need better manufactured/fitting shorts. NO ONE looked good in those navy shorts - either the material was inferior or the shorts were cut incorrectly or something - they just looked ill fitting on everyone.  Maybe it’s the “this is the size you were your rookie year” instead of “this is your size now” (as long as they still look fit and can do the kickline). I’m not saying some people aren’t heavy (cough VK cough) but this year’s practice uniforms do no one any favors. 

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Well, I'm 5'3" and 105 pounds and look thicker than she does.  Wish I could be thick just like her.

You and me both!!! I'd give my eye teeth to be "thick" like her!! 

• Love 2

why didn't we have "Vet Life outside of DCC" all season ?

To own your own studio at age 2x , esp. in a city outside of your own hometown (ie you have lifelong relationships,  quicker to find helpers (like a  good handyman)/clientele, know good/bad locations, etc) is quite impressive.  Not only that requires good dance skills but also good business skills. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Again, snark watching so here ya go...

I will never agree with Tara's cut. I don't think any Vet is perfect 100% of the time and I think CMT edited her footage poorly to explain her being on a bubble. However, at the end of the day, she has the experience, she knows what to expect and as far as the spoiled knows, caused zero issues last seasons with rules. To cut her and potentially keep a Victoria or a Malena is uncalled for. I know Kelli says she wants her to come back, but that is the biggest slap in the face, imo. 

Thank you for this!  Why she can give some veterans a little time when it is weight and not when perhaps personal problems are impacting performance really bothers me.

• Love 10

I can't believe I am saying this, but Malena should have gone home before Victoria. To be honest, Victoria won me over this episode. One tip for her.....I do believe Too Faced mascara comes in a great waterproof formula and so does Urban Decay Lash Perversion. Girl....you need to buy some.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I can't believe I am saying this, but Malena should have gone home before Victoria. To be honest, Victoria won me over this episode. One tip for her.....I do believe Too Faced mascara comes in a great waterproof formula and so does Urban Decay Lash Perversion. Girl....you need to buy some.

The way she acted during her cut was the way she needed to act all season. If she comes back next year, I really hope that's the Victoria we see.

• Love 21

I liked the "Follow the Group Leader" test.. Again, it would have been nice to see this every week - a week or so after the GLs are announced.

I thought the GL was a step out in front - so everyone could see the dance she picked. If she is in line with those to her immediate right/left, isn't that hard to see ? Peripheral vision could miss a detail or two.

And I guess that means all four groups could be dancing a different dance with the same song. That's alot for the the person in the stands to watch - in addition to the game and anything else that is going on in the stadium.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

The way she acted during her cut was the way she needed to act all season. If she comes back next year, I really hope that's the Victoria we see.

exactly, but unfortunately Kelli never really told her what she needed to work on.... Cheryl walking Victoria out was really sweet.

3 minutes ago, sATL said:

I liked the "Follow the Group Leader" test.. Again, it would have been nice to see this every week - a week or so after the GLs are announced.

Yes, it was nice to see a whole sequence of dancing.  I also liked them showing Kashara in action with the V.  Really gave you an "on the field" experience.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, sATL said:

I thought the EXACT same thing! I was like - how old was she when she was a cheerleader because right now she looks at least 40!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

And I guess that means all four groups could be dancing a different dance with the same song. That's alot for the the person in the stands to watch - in addition to the game and anything else that is going on in the stadium.

Yeah, that’s the case, at least it was last time I went to a Cowboys. Falcons games are the same with the different groups doing different dances on the sidelines. I actually don’t think it’s super confusing because they’re all on the sidelines and pretty far apart from each other, and they don’t dance while the game in being played, from what I remember at least. Now if they were all doing different dances during the quarter changes, that would look terrible and would be super confusing, 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, sATL said:

I thought the GL was a step out in front - so everyone could see the dance she picked. If she is in line with those to her immediate right/left, isn't that hard to see ? Peripheral vision could miss a detail or two.

I always enjoy this as it is a "real life" scenario - meaning that at the games, this is what happens.    Songs pop on and they must start dancing.   Also the stadium is so huge you can't really focus in on it being 4 sets of dances going on so it is not really an issue.

24 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Loved the group leader stuff.  I don't think I could take that pressure of thinking of what to do in 4 seconds.  I don't think I could react to anything in 4 seconds.

It becomes more about muscle memory and just hearing a song (they are basically the same songs on repeat) and kicking into the right routine.  4 seconds is a lot longer than it sounds :-)

Great episode - I feel like we missed a ton of conversation to have Victoria go from some small tears to full on Tammy Faye (love that old reference!) a few seconds later on the show.  CMT can't show every single detail...  I do wonder about Tara as she just wasn't that bad IMHO to warrant being cut based on what we've been shown.    And I 100% thought the same thing about the flashback / where are they now scene - with the aging...

And in sad news - I passed by the old Cowboys HQ in Valley Ranch last night and it is being demolished.  Saw it on the news this morning to confirm.  

Edited by DFWGina
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, jlc said:

I thought the EXACT same thing! I was like - how old was she when she was a cheerleader because right now she looks at least 40!

there was a former vet they brought back who is at at least 40 , as I think its been a long while since DCC- who is drop dead gorgeous. She was with Jaycee , and I think one more vet - Nichole? The were sitting in chairs watching/critiquing  the girls dance at a studio.

Let me find the episode somewhere and I will post her name. And her DCC cameo - again just beautiful - perfect abs...

added Pamela Jagger Purcell - cheered 1997 - 2000

Edited by sATL
found the name of vet

My take on last night

Tara - I think she was getting out danced by the rookies and looks like this last year took a toll which shows in her appearance and dance.  I dont think weight wise she looks bad she just seemed very bland has a defeated look about her compared to her rookie year ... you cant stay if rookies are out dancing you night after night.  I think J&K want her to take care of the personal issues and come back ... I really hope she does.

VK - I think they kept her as long as they did so she could experience what training camp entailed ... they were cutting others that were not going to make from the get go so the kept her there to get more experience ... yes is a perk of being a legacy and your mom's best friend ... if people are mad at that ... that is just the way the world goes ... sometimes its not what you know but who you know... that does not keep me awake at night

Malena - she is absolutely beautiful and I think J&K are just hoping something clicks with her ... when she is called out to do the dance alone she is powerful .... put her with the group and she falls apart..... that kills me.

• Love 4

Tried to stop myself from crying at Tara's cut, but in the long run this might be good for her

Loveddd Amy's segment, she's so adorable

I'm so glad they showed player intros and quarter changes, I liked seeing that little behind the scenes look

No matter what you think about VK, it's heartbreaking to watch her have her dream crushed 

I'll definitely be watching if she returns next year, she handled her cut with the maturity she's been lacking this season. Maybe that's a wake up call for her.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sATL said:

why didn't we have "Vet Life outside of DCC" all season ?

Agreed! This was my favorite part of the entire season so far.  I loved in season 7 when they showed an intro to Jackie Bob in her 4rth year as a DCC and I am probably not alone in wanting to know more about the DCC vets. Especially if we didn't really know much about them in their rookie year or after that, but being in a leadership position in the team and seeing how cute her personality is was so awesome.  AND...... I want to meet more fiance's and/or husbands even.   I can actually see Amy returning for a fifth year.    This was a great addition to the show so PLEASE if the show is renewed another season, include this segment on more vets. I would love to see a glimpse of life outside of being a DCC for Lacey, Kelli, Maddie and other DCC. I it very interesting to see what they do that involves dance outside DCC.

Also, Tara's cut was so heartbreaking and it was also moving to see the reaction of her teammates when they were embracing her and crying. 

• Love 12

This episode was draining. Heck, this season was draining.

It was sad to watch Taras cut, I can only assume there was more going on behind the scenes beyond what was shown, the two office visits were all we really saw. I hope she has all the support she needs and would be happy to see her come back if thats the right thing for her.

It was anticlimactic to watch Victorias cut. She was in the office more than anyone else this season (according to what was shown) with issues across the board, and it felt overdue. I low key suspect Kelli knew for awhile what had to be done but left her in training camp to give her experience. Kellis decision, but if that was the fact, I wish the show had not focused on her so much and had instead showed us more of the other girls we barely saw who were real contenders for this year.

I am confident Victoria will come back and make the team and probably be a great cheerleader. That said, I have no interest in watching her journey all over again a second time and will probably tune out if they craft another season with her as central story arc. 

I liked seeing the groups do dances following their leaders- I'm all for more dancing on this show!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Here is what confuses me...there is no way Tara is getting outdanced by Malena, who doesn't even know the dances well enough to not constantly make mistakes.  Plus, they know what Tara was capable of last year (I imagine if she had been lackluster last year she would have been cut at finals).  Yet a proven vet was cut over a rookie candidate who is still making many mistakes.

I dont think Malena is out dancing her per say ... but I think J&K are letting Malena stay on as long as they did for the experience ... the proven vet part with Tara this season is the problem ...  Tara was stumbling and has no pop to her dance .... I think outside issues were affecting her dance .... I know the editing is bad (to say the very least)  but I think J&K may have more information than what is being shown and I love Tara ... she was my favorite rookie ... :-(  They had 4 cuts to make at the beginning of last nights show so if you say VK and Malena should go there would still be 2 left and the other rookies are really good this year .. if you match Tara with what would be left .... she falls short ... that is what I was seeing.

• Love 3

Kelli: " I am a ball of stress..I'm still absorbing tonight..."

I think Kelli learned alot about herself and how to deal with legacies this season.  She learned that there are many outside influences that get placed on her shoulders when dealing with legacies. She cannot let them appear or be 'shoo-in. And she probably realized that her heart gets pulled , to an uncomfortable/unfamiliar place, dealing with them esp. if they have questionable DCC skills. 

All, I can say to her is stock up on Rolaids/Tums and walk in the role you been appointed to. With each passing year, more legacies will appear. Some will make it , some won't . She has a long way to go before retirement.

Judy had it easier in that : (1) she excluded herself from Cassie's judging and (2) she does not have final say as to get's cut. She has a big say, but not the final - deliver the message say so.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Let me ask this about VK (and anyone else who might have this issue) - 

can a person be toned (ok mostly toned all over) and still gain or not lose weight ?  If so, what is that person supposed to do ? I'm sure the organization uses a seamstress tape measure to go along with what is reported on the scale.

I guess tonight was the first time I noticed her thigh/hips were bigger when doing leg lift. I know she is strong, so there has to be muscles somewhere.. I mean just to lift your leg side ways 3 feet and hook onto the person next to you...

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Malena - she is absolutely beautiful and I think J&K are just hoping something clicks with her ... when she is called out to do the dance alone she is powerful .... put her with the group and she falls apart..... that kills me.

Judy is losing her patience with her because she does it correctly when put on the spot.  I have been pulling for Malena this whole time, like them hoping it is going to click.  I just worry because they have to think about all the other dances they learn once they make the team...  Amy is the perfect GL for her, that kind encouraging dance teacher.  When Malena is on she looks fantastic...It is so inconsistent though :(

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think Amy's wedding is during next season? Not sure, but if she wasn't getting married I'd see her coming back for a 5th year unless she was ready to move on

Amy is getting married on New Years Eve. She mentioned it on the last podcast she was on. I never really thought twice about her before I listened to that, but I found her to be super cute and funny. 

iTunes needs to get their shit together and get this episode ready. I’m getting out of work early, and I really would like to not be angry about it not being available. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 2