Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E12: Time's Up

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

can a person be toned (ok mostly toned all over) and still gain or not lose weight ?  If so, what is that person supposed to do ? I'm sure the organization uses a seamstress tape measure to go along with what is reported on the scale.

I was always told 80% is about what you do in the kitchen, 20% in the gym...so your hard work in the gym will not show really until you lose the weight.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Here is what confuses me...there is no way Tara is getting outdanced by Malena, who doesn't even know the dances well enough to not constantly make mistakes.  Plus, they know what Tara was capable of last year (I imagine if she had been lackluster last year she would have been cut at finals).  Yet a proven vet was cut over a rookie candidate who is still making many mistakes.

Ehhhh..I mean, there really isn't anything (to me) that Tara did that looked amazing. Malena, when she could figure it out, looked good.

5 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

When Malena is on she looks fantastic...It is so inconsistent though :(

Exactly. Her memory is really what kills her.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, dbell1 said:

About freaking time. More like "there are no uniforms BIG enough".  

Sorry to see Tara go, hope she's okay. 

Why the hell is Malena still there? I think I know the routines better at this point.

Agree about Malena.  She is just horrible.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I have never seen a crazier mascara running from crying scene in my life. Someone get the girl a tissue!  OMG. It was like Albert Brooks sweating in Broadcast News. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

OH MY GOSH, I was thinking the same thing!!! That movie is one of my favorites.

It just kept getting worse and worse. I have never been a fan of VK but even I felt sorry for her.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Lunacat said:

@Loves2Dance - I was coming here to say the same thing. Tonight didn’t seal the deal for me on Tara, and nothing will  SORRY YALL.

Kelli - you’re going to cut an in-shape vet who’s having a tough few weeks over anyone else? Some of the brunette rookies look like dudes. Ashlee has a weird ass wig. I have a sponge in my sink that has more personality than Erin.

At what point should we start a Go Fund Me for Piper’s nose job or Jennifer’s kid’s therapy?

Kelli, do you know what a good manager does? You tell your employee, “you’re having a tough time but I value what you bring to this organization, pull yourself together, I’m not going to fire you, let’s touch base next week”. 

Either Tara ran Kitty’s mullet wig over OR (or or or) Tara quit and they aired it as a cut scene. A lot of tonight seemed forced - Tara and VK’s cut scenes seemed fake. 

And.. let’s say Tara’s cut scene was legit - you kept VK over her for another few days?

VK, kashara, and Maddie had Mariah Carey abs - AKA, let’s photoshop them in. 

Hey Kitty, if you want to cut a vet, cut Jessika and Yuko for being ambassador risks, and Christina for looking like a man. 

I nearly spit out my coffee because of "Hey Kitty, if you want to cut a vet, cut...............Christina for looking like a man."  Priceless!!!!!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, sATL said:

Let me ask this about VK (and anyone else who might have this issue) - 

can a person be toned (ok mostly toned all over) and still gain or not lose weight ?  If so, what is that person supposed to do ? I'm sure the organization uses a seamstress tape measure to go along with what is reported on the scale.

I guess tonight was the first time I noticed her thigh/hips were bigger when doing leg lift. I know she is strong, so there has to be muscles somewhere.. I mean just to lift your leg side ways 3 feet and hook onto the person next to you...

My friend was walking miles a day & trying to lose weight with a low calorie plan, but I did low carb for a few months.  She stayed the same weight wise (give or take 5 lbs) & I lost 20 lbs with no planned exercise.  I just went about my daily life.  I would say dancing & low carb would take the weight off quickly.  It truly melts off but it is a commitment.  I started at 50 carbs on day 1, and cut 10 each day until I was at 20 carbs a day. Weight loss averages 10 lbs a month.  I tried not to go over 975 calories a day too.  I learned my carb number where my weight stays the same, and the number where the weight creeps up.  You do feel better & I just do activities that I love to do for toning.  Low carb is great when you make good choices in the food selection, like fresh salmon over bacon. Double fiber breads are about 7 carbs a slice, and of course my fav..Breyers carb smart ice cream!  It is a mind set & life style change.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

My friend was walking miles a day & trying to lose weight with a low calorie plan, but I did low carb for a few months.  She stayed the same weight wise (give or take 5 lbs) & I lost 20 lbs with no planned exercise.  I just went about my daily life.  I would say dancing & low carb would take the weight off quickly.  It truly melts off but it is a commitment.  I started at 50 carbs on day 1, and cut 10 each day until I was at 20 carbs a day. Weight loss averages 10 lbs a month.  I tried not to go over 975 calories a day too.  I learned my carb number where my weight stays the same, and the number where the weight creeps up.  You do feel better & I just do activities that I love to do for toning.  Low carb is great when you make good choices in the food selection, like fresh salmon over bacon. Double fiber breads are about 7 carbs a slice, and of course my fav..Breyers carb smart ice cream!  It is a mind set & life style change.  

thanks for your honesty. Sidenote:  I recv'd a not-so-good rpt from dr yesterday on this very topic, so for the 1st time this season, I felt like VK. I know how the poor girl is feeling . At least she could speak to Kelli and say a coherent sentence. I couldn't . 

Back to the show - Since we are close to the end of the season, I wonder if something else internally is going on with Malena. Learning dances, and possibly learning other duties quickly. She does fine after hours of practice or when under fire.  When she's in the group - something odd happens with her body. She seems poised all of the time , which had me a little worried when they did the interview session.  Just like we noticed with Tara - maybe something else deep is not right/troubling and it is coming out in the dance. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Ehhhh..I mean, there really isn't anything (to me) that Tara did that looked amazing. Malena, when she could figure it out, looked good.

I never said Tara was amazing, I always found her to be a blender myself, but I'd rather have a blender than someone who's only on when she could figure it out (which seemed to be less often than not).

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree. They could have handed her a tissue. I mean we don't need the mascara drama. I do think VK handled it well and I actually do hope she comes back as A plus Victoria. 

Re: Tara - the part that bothered me the most is that Tara said she had being getting positive feedback in her performance notes. Therefore, why her? Watching the footage last night proved that several girls were making mistakes. Brennan looked sick. Rookie Madeline's facials are horrible. Ashlee and Malena still making mistakes. Across the field - several people still out of place. Tara's cut doesn't make sense with what we were shown. Also if this is a "sisterhood" why would they not offer to help someone already a proven DCC? Don't cut her when she's down if she was truly having boyfriend and job issues. She even said it would crush her. Some sisterhood.

Had all the same thoughts. Some sisterhood. Blah. Tara's cut seemed off, especially with the footage CMT showed yesterday. Malena should have gone before her.  Heck, Brennan looked super weak the entire show/edit. 

• Love 4

Why does Tara's face look so rounded and bloated? I noticed that the last two times we saw her.

Malena actually irritated me this episode. Too many sound bites from her that belie her wavering of confidence. It's like paraphrasing in my mind Kitty...."You....you go away until you gain some confidence." 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I had an acquaintance who I was in school with from 4th grade up until college graduation.  She is a runner and works out 4 days a week (per her FB page).  She has NEVER been toned.  It doesn't matter what she seems to do...she is always soft and almost flabby looking.  *shrugs shoulders*

• Love 1

Unless it's real extreme editing, Tara's release confirmed the Savannah/Tara break-up for me. I was waiting for Savannah to run up and comfort/hug her. I didn't see her at all, it made me very sad.  Even though they may not be "best friends", they did travel from New York together, live together, and survive their rookie year together. I wish Tara well and I really do hope she comes back :(

• Love 8

Malena needs a good sports psychologist. I don't understand how she can do the dance on the spot and not in a group. She has it all except for that final puzzle piece. Get to a psychologist and figure it out.

Kelli could have introduced the idea of a psychologist. The ladies appear to have access to a nutritionist (or at least VK did) and body recovery.  How about psy help????

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Had all the same thoughts. Some sisterhood. Blah. Tara's cut seemed off, especially with the footage CMT showed yesterday. Malena should have gone before her.  Heck, Brennan looked super weak the entire show/edit. 

I had the same thought about sisterhood with the whole IHOP thing after the group leader meeting. Like, the sisterhood isn’t that strong — her leader could have just as easily said “I have more people in my group and Tara deserves to be here more than some of the rookies getting stickers in other groups with less people.” She didn’t. Maybe that requires a level of critical thinking they don’t have, IDK.

i am no KaShara fan, but at least she was a brave and spoke up in that meeting.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Malena needs a good sports psychologist. I don't understand how she can do the dance on the spot and not in a group. She has it all except for that final puzzle piece. Get to a psychologist and figure it out.

Kelli could have introduced the idea of a psychologist. The ladies appear to have access to a nutritionist (or at least VK did) and body recovery.  How about psy help????

Perfect. that is what I was trying to say in my earlier post about investigating what all is going on with her from the inside. surely somewhere in the cowboy organization they would have a couple DRs on staff/stand-by. I guess the Jets didn't bother perusing that angle.  I wonder if her ins will pay for it , if the organization won't? She needs to go regardless who is paying the fee.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Perfect. that is what I was trying to say in my earlier post about investigating what all is going on with her from the inside. surely somewhere in the cowboy organization they would have a couple DRs on staff/stand-by. I guess the Jets didn't bother perusing that angle.  I wonder if her ins will pay for it , if the organization won't? She needs to go regardless who is paying the fee.

If our local university could get a volleyball player a sports psychologist, surely a billion dollar organization can get one for their athletes. And yes, these ladies are athletes. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

unfortunately Kelli never really told her what she needed to work on.... 

This right here is a problem, because now she thinks she was ok with everything, so what does she need to do differently next year. I am afraid that Kelli has changed the whole dynamic of the show, in that how does she justify an early cut on a vet or candidate that has a weight issue, or who "has no words" on media day, or acts like a 12 year old in the locker room or on an appearance, or worse yet is mad because she doesn't make show group! Now she has to make sure that she is accountable for every decision she makes in order to keep people from throwing Victoria in her face and questioning her abilities to be a fair and honest director. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sATL said:

I liked the "Follow the Group Leader" test.. Again, it would have been nice to see this every week - a week or so after the GLs are announced.

I thought the GL was a step out in front - so everyone could see the dance she picked. If she is in line with those to her immediate right/left, isn't that hard to see ? Peripheral vision could miss a detail or two.

And I guess that means all four groups could be dancing a different dance with the same song. That's alot for the the person in the stands to watch - in addition to the game and anything else that is going on in the stadium.

I loved this scene! My daughter is captain of her college dance team and last month I was able to fly out for a game. It was so interesting watching her call sidelines. When the music came on she called the dance and started the count, and the girls next to her repeated it on down the line. She also had to call the counts to end the dance, as you saw on the show. The captain (or group leader) also has to be aware of what's happening on the field at all times. It's a very impressive skill.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Loved the group leader stuff. 

I did too.  Amy was adorable.  It also illustrates what goes into being a GL.  A lot of responsibility and a quick mind able to adapt at a moment's notice all while keeping the group together.  Well done ladies.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Kelli: " I am a ball of stress..I'm still absorbing tonight..."

I think Kelli learned alot about herself and how to deal with legacies this season.  She learned that there are many outside influences that get placed on her shoulders when dealing with legacies. She cannot let them appear or be 'shoo-in. And she probably realized that her heart gets pulled , to an uncomfortable/unfamiliar place, dealing with them esp. if they have questionable DCC skills. 

All, I can say to her is stock up on Rolaids/Tums and walk in the role you been appointed to. With each passing year, more legacies will appear. Some will make it , some won't . She has a long way to go before retirement.

Judy had it easier in that : (1) she excluded herself from Cassie's judging and (2) she does not have final say as to get's cut. She has a big say, but not the final - deliver the message say so.

Here’s the problem I’ve had with this entire season - Kelli constantly telling us how stressful every week is, training camp has never been this competitive, yada yada.  She’s brought this on herself (and maybe for the sake of weekly drama) but she should’ve cut Malena and VK weeks ago.  Even if she’s feeling burned from what happened last year, get down to the 36-39, build from there or rely on your All-Stars; that’s why you have them. I’m rewatching the episode where VK is being called out on her weight and lack of action; she should’ve been let go that night. Others have been cut for less.  Pick your team, tell them they are the team, give them the confidence that they are on the team (one less stress) and hone their skills from there. Take those with the needed dance skills and polish them to be ambassadors.  Not every week needs the “cut night” drama; we enjoyed watching the GL and their squads dance last night. Give us more of that, the inner workings of the DCC.   

That way way we don’t need to see Kelli stress so much (and tell us about it). 

• Love 11

Tara seemed depressed to me. I hope being cut from the team didn't send her spiraling further down. I hope she has friends and family who are watching out for her.

I don't think the decision to cut Victoria was solely Judy's and Kelli's call. I think there were internal organizational conflicts about whether to keep her. Perhaps they were all were waiting to see if she'd lose weight and dance better after all those practices. The two legacy dramas made for good TV (in production's mind).

I hope this show will morph away from too much focus on the Cut Drama, which is transparently aimed at the TV viewing audience, and more on other things. Or do cuts earlier, with briefer footage, and add more of the other stuff. I'm bored with the same thing, over and over.

After a lifetime of watching my weight, including for dance and cheer, I know that the bottom line is greatly reduced calories for some people; for those people, exercise can only do so much (although of course it's great for other health reasons). For me, it doesn't matter what kind of calories I take in (protein, carbs, ets.), other than a careful mixture helps me maintain energy and mood.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

I think Victoria handled the cut well because it wasn't the actual cut that was shown.  I think she was given a heads up, maybe a face to face with Kelli, then they filmed the cut.

And this is pure speculation, not based on any inside knowledge.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was neutral on Victoria at the beginning of the season and as the weeks went on, my dislike for her increased with each episode because it was clear that she was not in the top 36 but she was being kept in TC because of Kelli's friendship with Tina. Between her obnoxiously immature talking heads and the way KJ coddled her and ignored behavior that would have caused them to cut anyone else, I could not believe that they continued to cut other people and let her stay in training camp.

The way she behaved when she was cut was the most I've ever liked her. She accepted their decision without whining or dramatics, she asked if there was anything specific that caused them to make this decision, and she left without begging them to reconsider.

If THAT Victoria shows up to auditions next year, then fine. But if we get the same immature Victoria with the histrionics, flailing, and screeching, then no. I can't believe that Kelli glossed right over the MANY issues they had with her, including her weight. I fear that with KaShara gone next year, no one will be brave enough to speak up if Victoria 2.0 ends up being the same as Victoria 1.0.

I also hated the way Kelli and Judy were crying afterward and talking about how Victoria worked so hard. So did the other girls you cut and they didn't get big hugs and you whispering "Love you!" when you cut them. Their clear favoritism is really hurting their credibility and what little veneer of professionalism they had left.

And let's keep in mind that Victoria had ONE STICKER on her photo last week. She was the only one out of 40+ girls to have just one sticker. That should tell you all you need to know. No one but Kitty thought she deserved a sticker. Whatever the reasons for everyone else's choices (her dancing, her overall look, her attitude), none of the other experts/guest choreographers/group leaders felt she was a strong enough candidate to merit another sticker.

Malena needs to be cut. They're a week and a half away from their first game and she is still making really obvious mistakes. I was able to spot her in most shots because she was the one who stood out because she was doing the wrong choreography or her arms weren't at the same angle. Even during the field entrance, she was doing something different with her arms. She has a beautiful smile but that's not enough to distract from when her dancing is off from what everyone else is doing.

Tara, on the other hand, was fine. No, she wasn't standing out to me the way some of the really powerful dancers do, but let's be honest - they are never going to have a team of 36 girls who are all power dancers. And even if they did, it would be distracting. Tara really did nothing wrong but they cut her for the sake of cutting one less rookie.

Thank you for far more succinctly voicing my thoughts.  Wish I could have done so well.  Kudos.

• Love 7

I was also sad to see Tara get cut. 

Reminds me of a youtube video about the 2017-18 Jets FC cheerleaders. A vet, Sarah made the team in 2015 and then came back in 2016 but was cut. She admitted she wasn't at her best. Came back in 2017 and made it back on the squad.  I hope Tara can do this.

• Love 10

I wonder how far apart Tasha and Amy's segments were filmed as they both mentioned being 3 year veterans, and Amy is now a 4 year vet. I would have love to have seen more of these Vet life outside of DCC pieces! I wonder if other girls were filmed and the segments were just left out of the episodes? If so I wish they would be released as bonus scenes as I love hearing more about the vets and these were an excellent addition! :) 

• Love 8

I laughed out loud during Victoria's cut when she had a tear or two, then the camera went to Kelli talking, then the camera went back and Victoria's face was a flood of mascara.  They did her absolutely no favors, but I think she would probably find it funny (the mascara) herself.  She handled it well.  I don't doubt the assessment of her performance throughout camp, but I do wonder if her behavior on-camera was producer encouraged. 

• Love 7

So what about all that stuff about not going to the doctor and lying about it? Did that not happen? I can see Kelli not wanting to bring it up on camera and make Tina even more mad. This was one weird episode. I felt like there was heavy editing with Tara’s and Victoria’s cuts. 

• Love 10

This season is off! Kelli is playing favorites.  Also, they don’t seem to have a strong team this year.  Past seasons have better dancers in dance skills, looks, personality.

I honestly think this is what is frustrating Kelli.  DCC is not attracting the cream of the crop, anymore.

They are keeping horrible dancers for way too long. That girl that her mom is a DCC choreographer.  The one that was late to the hair appointment (Dayton???) They gave her tons of chances.

MALENA!  Even if they keep her......No way Malena will keep up all season.  Even Malena has a shocked look at the end of each episode that she was the one that didn’t get called in to be cut!  What does that tell you? LOL

She can’t GROUP dance.  Period.   And, DCC is a group!

I was beyond annoyed she cut that Rookie just because she didn’t know about MeToo a few weeks ago.  WTH? DCC is the poster child for MeToo, low wages, low totem pole within an organization. The outdated bikini calendars! LOL

Of course, they still make the cheerleaders shoot them because they make DCC lots of money!

Kelli better pray that more girls are not woke.  Due to social media, is why they can’t attract good dancers, anymore.  Any hungry dancer can set up a You Tube channel, IG, get famous and make money.  Get GOOD jobs, etc.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Meredith's choice of words was odd. There are civil servants, and there are ambassadors. I've never heard anyone in the Foreign Service use her terminology. 

I’m curious how she got this ambasssador job?   Was/is she an actual ambassador on her own, like if she was single/not married she’d still have that role, or is she just calling herself an ambassador because her husband is one and she travels with him as his wife?    If she’s just just married to an ambassador, like straight from a DCC to marrying some guy who had a career in foriegn relations and has no qualifications on her own besides being his wife, that’s just “marrying up”, if she’d be one on her own cause she has a background in that stuff independently that is impressive.

She sure seems to have an interesting life regardless.  And so what if she’s heavier and looks older - people don’t always age like Judy - I think it was good they showed that the DCC can become real people just like the rest of us when they retire.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Linann Wall said:

So what about all that stuff about not going to the doctor and lying about it? Did that not happen? I can see Kelli not wanting to bring it up on camera and make Tina even more mad. This was one weird episode. I felt like there was heavy editing with Tara’s and Victoria’s cuts. 

Go on the other board.

• Love 1

I’m curious how she got this ambasssador job?

I couldn't find any reference to her or her husband as actual ambassadors. So I think she was using the term in a colloquial sense. Maybe her husband is a foreign service officer, or a civil servant who works in an embassy.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I couldn't find any reference to her or her husband as actual ambassadors. So I think she was using the term in a colloquial sense. Maybe her husband is a foreign service officer, or a civil servant who works in an embassy.

It looks like he is an IT Specialist, so someone who works in the embassy, not actual ambassadors (but, dang, read her engagement "bio" -- got to hype yourself up).

1539975464216572.jpg

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I’m curious how she got this ambasssador job?   Was/is she an actual ambassador on her own, like if she was single/not married she’d still have that role, or is she just calling herself an ambassador because her husband is one and she travels with him as his wife?    If she’s just just married to an ambassador, like straight from a DCC to marrying some guy who had a career in foriegn relations and has no qualifications on her own besides being his wife, that’s just “marrying up”, if she’d be one on her own cause she has a background in that stuff independently that is impressive.

She sure seems to have an interesting life regardless.  And so what if she’s heavier and looks older - people don’t always age like Judy - I think it was good they showed that the DCC can become real people just like the rest of us when they retire.

Is the list of ambassadors public knowledge - like judges ?

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but she said her husband was an Ambassador? That’s odd. A US Ambassador is a Senate confirmed position and extremely prestigious one. If a DCC was married to an Ambassador or one herself, I would be highly surprised that we hadn’t heard about it.

• Love 7

I thought VK was very professional in her cut and even waiting to go in.   That was unfortunate about her eye makeup running like that and I was wondering why K or J wouldn’t give her a tissue to wipe it off?, but I guess it made for really dramatic footage for the show so I’m sure CMT liked it.   I really felt for her cause you could see how genuinely upset she was when she realized she was cut and that stuff about the A plus plus Victoria was really endearing.

Needless to say I like her a lot and hope she comes back, and I just flat out don’t believe the vast majority of stuff that was spread about her on the spoiler thread (and nothing shown on the show changed my mind about that).  I think Kelli was right that it was comprehensive issues that of to her cut cause even though he weight was bad a few weeks back, I think she had been losing some, but that combined with all other things made her not top 36.

Re: Tara, she seemed shocked at her cut and that line about “she’s received positive feedback that she was improving so she didn’t understand what changed” was pretty telling to me   I think she felt like she was wronged and/or blindsided and it sure is interesting.   I don’t think her being cut means she has some type of medical or emotional issue at all - sometime people just decline at things, and there doesn’t need to be some dramatic reason behind it.   And Jessika may not be the best vet, but clearly Tara was performing worse in this camp cause everyone noticed it. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but she said her husband was an Ambassador? That’s odd. A US Ambassador is a Senate confirmed position and extremely prestigious one. If a DCC was married to an Ambassador or one herself, I would be highly surprised that we hadn’t heard about it.

I think she said they were both ambassadors? Or made it sound like they both were?

13 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

So why just not say my spouse is the IT guy that happens to work at the embassy. 

Not "prestigious" enough?

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It looks like he is an IT Specialist, so someone who works in the embassy, not actual ambassadors (but, dang, read her engagement "bio" -- got to hype yourself up).

1539975464216572.jpg

Wow is that write up obnoxious.   Talk about talking yourself up and making yourself sound more important than you are.  So you did some kicks on your college dance team and you associate yourself w/ the president of the United States?   And listing every country they went to on USO and all the celebrities they performed with?  Meanwhile the husband went to Johns Hopkins and Georgetown and he gets a little blurb.   75% of that writeup is about her cheer and dance stuff!

No wonder she calls herself an ambassador on the show!   I’ve traveled for work to foriegn countries - I guess I’m an ambassador too!!!  Lol.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

1539975464216572.jpg

So she married a very smart computer nerd who probably loves that she was DCC and they have a fabulous life with him working for the embassy.  I also think she was using "ambassador" loosely, like when I went on a Rotary Exchange to France in highschool and they called me an "ambassador".  Any rate, love these "where are they now" segments!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I think she said they were both ambassadors? Or made it sound like they both were?

Ugh! Working in a US embassy or consulate is itself an interesting job. There’s really no need to inflate. With that said, I’ve never worked in the foreign service, so i don’t know what career diplomats (if her husband could be considered that) are usually called. Maybe it’s not so unusual for people other than the actual Ambassador to the country to be informally called ambassadors. 

ETA: Reading some other posts, if she used the word, “diplomat,” then that is likely correct and wouldn’t be a case of inflation.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2