Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It was a joke. 

I know I was commenting on Colt and Debbie.  Flowers and AC are unnecessary but pet clothes (and a kitchen slot machine)  are?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, AmyBre said:

What makes 90 day so addictive?  Why do smart people with their stuff together keep coming back to it?   I thought it was entertainment but entertainment can never hold your attention for so long.    Thoughts?

My opinion is that smart people want to find explanations for the unexplainable and sometimes over-analyze and debate things. We see so many people asking rhetorical questions as to why these people on the show do the things they do, questions they will never get answers to, but they want to know why. Why is so-and-so such an idiot? Why don't they just try to meet someone local, etc. We will never know what really drives some of these people but can guess, and will continue to over analyze, even to the point of coming up with wild conspiracy theories when the real answer is probably often simple (I.e. They are just thinking with their little head). This is why cliff hangers are so successful. we. want. to. know. why. As they say curiousity killed the cat and that curiousity has gotten me into a few situations in my life, one of them being wasting so much time on this stupid show. ?

Also I find it interesting to watch people that contrast so much with my own life. Anything that I would consider an oddity (I can think of several examples). It can be interesting to watch these things and wonder a little bit what it would be like to be in some of these people's shoes. 

But maybe I just over analyze things too much. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know I was commenting on Colt and Debbie.  Flowers and AC are unnecessary but pet clothes (and a kitchen slot machine)  are?

Ah ok sorry I thought you took my suggestion to buy cat clothes literally. ? 

I can't begin to explain their money priorities. Any software engineer worth their salt should be making decent money but we don't see the evidence. Seems like even low level ones would get more over time.  From what I have seen they are very much in demand, good ones practically have money thrown at them. 

• Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 11:57 AM, AmyBre said:

Average salary for a Software engineer in Las Vegas, NV is $76,263.00.

Colt lives with his mother (pays little or no rent).   Drives a shit car fully paid for and worth $800.   Dresses straight out of Goodwill.   All in all a very frugal life, admirable but I have to wonder, where is Colt's money?    Larissa may have smelled that money and figured that out and decided to take an exploratory vacation for 89 days to see if she can find it.

Source:  https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Software_Engineer/Salary/20db5d08/Las-Vegas-NV

I believe "software engineer" is an inflated title for the show based upon what he displayed as his "work". He's probably doing web work and I'd peg him at around 40,000/year for CSS and HTML.

• Love 5

Never mind . . . someone already made a similar comment to what I was going to make, and I was trying to jump in and be the first to be witty.  Us old people are sometimes slow.

Apologies to @LGGirl who had already jumped in to like my slow, but witty earlier response.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 3

Re-watching a bit of this & Ashley saying "intimacy" is so important she has to have sex with Jay 3x/day to keep him satisfied. I'm thinking these two probably have zero "intimacy". They're both just DTF all the time, or at least he is & she has to keep up. Yeah that'll work long term.

• Love 6
On 10/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

production probably said "Hey we have a budget for this! Go to Publix real quick!" and like a Top Chef challenge, only gave them like $100.

If you are getting from Publix and you don't get something with butter cream frosting, you should have your head examined.

• Love 1
On 2018-10-31 at 1:32 PM, politichick said:

I felt secondhand embarrassment for Kalani when her guy was doing that dance but agree with others who say she should have been more gracious. That is a disaster waiting to happen because he is not suited for city life. She knew he was a country bumpkin (not that there's anything wrong with that) when she started messing around with him so needs to not be such a snob. She is pretentious as fuck and probably finds it challenging to attract men in LA. 

Good statement, watching him act all wide eyed at the traffic and gawping at the Airbnb made me think he truly is a country bumpkin.  Many Samoans fly to Auckland or Brisbane for shopping etc...but this one may not have been able to afford it.  He must think he’s won the lottery.

Now Kalani sees him in her environment and is likely horrified at how out of place he is.

Edited by Bunnyette
  • Love 6
On 10/29/2018 at 8:00 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

He's mad at Mom for stunting his personality by never letting him go.

Colt and his mom remind me of that new-ish Aldi commercial where the mom is pushing her grown-ass son around in the shopping cart while telling him how special he is and she will "never, ever let him go." Creepy commercial. Creepy real-life version in Colt & Debbie.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 6
On 10/30/2018 at 12:11 AM, TaraS1 said:

So just how far removed from civilization is Samwa?  Because I was not expecting Asuelo to be fascinated by things like buildings and doors.  And for the record, I would have had the same kind of horrified, second-hand embarrassment Kalani had at his dancing, but the difference is that I wouldn't have let him know it.  He wasn't trying to be an asshole, he wanted to impress her.  No need to crush his spirit.

There is a large Samoan community in Australia, a large Polynesian community overall in fact (this includes Maori from New Zealand). The Samoan people I've known through teaching pronounce it SAH moh a, it does sound a bit like Samwa. It has to be a massive culture shock for Asuelo. The hardest thing for Asuealo would be the lack of welcome from the family, don't underestimate that. And Kalani's Dad would have understood that PERFECTLY. (Samoa is almost 6k kms from Australia, it's north east from us).

I am willing to bet that if Kalani and Oliver came to Samoa to visit Asuelo's family, the whole extended family would be waiting for them at the airport and there would be a huge gathering to welcome them. The lack of community may do Asuelo in. The Samoan families I've encountered here are close knit with strong family values. Obviously, you can't make sweeping generalisations about anyone, but the difference in pace of life and value systems between America and Samoa is massive and I fear for Asuelo as isolation is a killer. Kalani's Dad is coming off as an asshole, but I think also he of all people is aware of just how intense the cultural differences are between the 2 countries. 

Regarding Eric and Leida: I was SURE and i watched it twice that he said 'she has 3 daughters' about Leida. I was wondering then why we are only seeing 1 son. Maybe he meant that her parents had 3 daughters. Leida is behaving like Imelda Marcos at present and it isn't a good look. (Imelda was the shoe collecting wife of the Filipino dictator). I'm also wondering where Leida got those degrees, as we have a lot of students from nearby Asian countries in Australia. I am also thinking that there is something defective going on with Leida. 

Someone upthread said that Colt wouldn't be getting a more appropriate car (or just A car) because this one is still working (A/C less, dents and all). One day, it's going to be 'I didn't want the expense of burying Mother, she's not off yet and she still talks to me'. 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

Colt and his mom remind me of that new-ish Aldi commercial where the mom his pushing her grown-ass son around in the shopping cart while telling him how special he is and she will "never, never let him go." Creepy commercial. Creepy real-life version in Colt & Debbie.

When I first saw that commercial I thought it was a couple because they look around the same age.

51 minutes ago, queenjen said:

There is a large Samoan community in Australia, a large Polynesian community overall in fact (this includes Maori from New Zealand). The Samoan people I've known through teaching pronounce it SAH moh a, it does sound a bit like Samwa. It has to be a massive culture shock for Asuelo. The hardest thing for Asuealo would be the lack of welcome from the family, don't underestimate that. And Kalani's Dad would have understood that PERFECTLY. (Samoa is almost 6k kms from Australia, it's north east from us).

I am willing to bet that if Kalani and Oliver came to Samoa to visit Asuelo's family, the whole extended family would be waiting for them at the airport and there would be a huge gathering to welcome them. The lack of community may do Asuelo in. The Samoan families I've encountered here are close knit with strong family values. Obviously, you can't make sweeping generalisations about anyone, but the difference in pace of life and value systems between America and Samoa is massive and I fear for Asuelo as isolation is a killer. Kalani's Dad is coming off as an asshole, but I think also he of all people is aware of just how intense the cultural differences are between the 2 countries. 

Regarding Eric and Leida: I was SURE and i watched it twice that he said 'she has 3 daughters' about Leida. I was wondering then why we are only seeing 1 son. Maybe he meant that her parents had 3 daughters. Leida is behaving like Imelda Marcos at present and it isn't a good look. (Imelda was the shoe collecting wife of the Filipino dictator). I'm also wondering where Leida got those degrees, as we have a lot of students from nearby Asian countries in Australia. I am also thinking that there is something defective going on with Leida.  

Are you in Australia and watching it? If so what channel? I’m visiting Australia at the end of the month and want to keep up.  How sad am I?

On 10/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The interesting thing about skater waiter, its true that a lot of seaside places bring young adults over here to work, I have seen it in Wildwood years ago and more currently in Ocean City, Outer Banks -  

And quite the usual practice at Mar-A-Lago from what I understand . . .

• Love 10
3 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I can't begin to explain their money priorities. Any software engineer worth their salt should be making decent money but we don't see the evidence. Seems like even low level ones would get more over time.  From what I have seen they are very much in demand, good ones practically have money thrown at them.

One podcaster said Colt's 'coding' was rubbish, another said that he was definitely 'coding'. Not sure what to think. Is Colt holding towers of Bitcoin that Larissa is unaware of? Where did they stay when he met her and visited her? She should have some idea of his parsimony by now. She obviously has an opinion on his looks, I still don't get how he looks kinda hot in some of the vacay snaps compared to the now. He COULD look good with a lifestyle change. I have no idea what the cost of living in Las Vegas is, but it seems from what I do know, that if you live there you 1. Need an a/c  house and 2. you absolutely need a comfortable (definitely a/c) car to get anywhere. Is Colt supporting Mother? I was going to say that Colt vacationing in Brazil doesn't seem like the kind of expenditure he could rationalise, then I realised that he met her on the internet. I doubt Colt sees the point in vacations and I can hear 'we live in Las Vegas!!' in response to Larissa wanting to go anywhere. 

24 minutes ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

e you in Australia and watching it? If so what channel? I’m visiting Australia at the end of the month and want to keep up.  How sad am I?

Yes, I'm in Australia and PM me. I'm as sad or sadder than you! I'm watching for the first time because this season of 90DF has been recommended REALLY strongly by a couple of podcasters I listen to, one of whom has been watching since season 1. I'm a newbie, but I'm already totally invested. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, queenjen said:

One podcaster said Colt's 'coding' was rubbish, another said that he was definitely 'coding'. Not sure what to think. Is Colt holding towers of Bitcoin that Larissa is unaware of? Where did they stay when he met her and visited her? She should have some idea of his parsimony by now. She obviously has an opinion on his looks, I still don't get how he looks kinda hot in some of the vacay snaps compared to the now. He COULD look good with a lifestyle change. I have no idea what the cost of living in Las Vegas is, but it seems from what I do know, that if you live there you 1. Need an a/c  house and 2. you absolutely need a comfortable (definitely a/c) car to get anywhere. Is Colt supporting Mother? I was going to say that Colt vacationing in Brazil doesn't seem like the kind of expenditure he could rationalise, then I realised that he met her on the internet. I doubt Colt sees the point in vacations and I can hear 'we live in Las Vegas!!' in response to Larissa wanting to go anywhere. 

Yes, I'm in Australia and PM me. I'm as sad or sadder than you! I'm watching for the first time because this season of 90DF has been recommended REALLY strongly by a couple of podcasters I listen to, one of whom has been watching since season 1. I'm a newbie, but I'm already totally invested. 

All of the seasons are worth watching. 

• Love 5

Ashley and Jay land in America; Steven and Olga prepare for the baby's arrival; Larissa meets her new roommate, Colt's mom; Fernanda has a talk with John's friend; Leida's sister Reina questions Leida's future with Eric; Asuelu meets Kalani's dad.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, queenjen said:

The hardest thing for Asuealo would be the lack of welcome from the family, don't underestimate that. And Kalani's Dad would have understood that PERFECTLY. (Samoa is almost 6k kms from Australia, it's north east from us).

Your post is really insightful, @queenjen.  Thank you for sharing.  You've made me think about this couple's dynamic a lot more.

At first I liked how protective Kalani's dad seemed - because he wants more for his daughter than a village boy can probably provide.  Nothing wrong with that in principle.  And if Asuelu isn't Mormon (I have no idea if he is or isn't), then there would be a difference in religion, as well, and that can present even more challenges.  Of course, Kalani did herself no favors by sharing with her family about Asuelu hooking up with another woman.  I get it- they are all disappointed in the entire situation.  But the fact remains Asuelo is Kalani's baby daddy, and I am truly hoping they understand it's their collective responsibility to try and create a atmosphere that helps keep this family together.  They don't have to like the situation, but they should put those feelings aside for the sake of little Oliver.  So I am hoping her dad (and rest of family) realize that and be more hospitable to Asuelu, who is really going to need a support system in this strange new world....  Now the question is, will they be reasonable & compassionate people?  Or will we see they are just going to bring the drama for the sake of a 90DF paycheck?  

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

Your post is really insightful, @queenjen.  Thank you for sharing.  You've made me think about this couple's dynamic a lot more.

At first I liked how protective Kalani's dad seemed - because he wants more for his daughter than a village boy can probably provide.  Nothing wrong with that in principle.  And if Asuelu isn't Mormon (I have no idea if he is or isn't), then there would be a difference in religion, as well, and that can present even more challenges.  Of course, Kalani did herself no favors by sharing with her family about Asuelu hooking up with another woman.  I get it- they are all disappointed in the entire situation.  But the fact remains Asuelo is Kalani's baby daddy, and I am truly hoping they understand it's their collective responsibility to try and create a atmosphere that helps keep this family together.  They don't have to like the situation, but they should put those feelings aside for the sake of little Oliver.  So I am hoping her dad (and rest of family) realize that and be more hospitable to Asuelu, who is really going to need a support system in this strange new world....  Now the question is, will they be reasonable & compassionate people?  Or will we see they are just going to bring the drama for the sake of a 90DF paycheck?  

Since I wrote that, i've learned that Kalani is PISSED with the 90DF producers. She is saying that she was set up at the airport, that the producers had asked Asuelu to do the dance for her and he'd forgotten or was told not to tell her by the producers. She'd spoken with Asuelu the night before he arrived and had no idea this was coming. The look on her face, she is saying, is fury at the producers. Not at Asuelu.

Furthermore, she is saying that her Dad has got a terrible edit to make him look racist and self hating. She is threatening to pull out, or was. This is all news to me, as I'm only watching 90DF for the first time this season, as it's been recommended by a lot of podcasters and recappers I like. She is using words like 'white washing' and 'racist'. She has apparently been warned by the producers about speaking out like this. Not sure what they can do to her at this point, maybe they hold part of her payment until the season airs, I don't know. I have never visited this site before and I'm out of my comfort zone with this show and what sites are accurate for information, but here's the link: 

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-kalani-faagata-asuela-accuses-tlc-of-race-baiting-whitewashing-airport-incident/

Have to say, I'm loving the show so far and i'll be watching the previous seasons as recommended by others here.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Since I wrote that, i've learned that Kalani is PISSED with the 90DF producers. She is saying that she was set up at the airport, that the producers had asked Asuelu to do the dance for her and he'd forgotten or was told not to tell her by the producers. She'd spoken with Asuelu the night before he arrived and had no idea this was coming. The look on her face, she is saying, is fury at the producers. Not at Asuelu.

Furthermore, she is saying that her Dad has got a terrible edit to make him look racist and self hating. She is threatening to pull out, or was. This is all news to me, as I'm only watching 90DF for the first time this season, as it's been recommended by a lot of podcasters and recappers I like. She is using words like 'white washing' and 'racist'. She has apparently been warned by the producers about speaking out like this. Not sure what they can do to her at this point, maybe they hold part of her payment until the season airs, I don't know. I have never visited this site before and I'm out of my comfort zone with this show and what sites are accurate for information, but here's the link: 

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-kalani-faagata-asuela-accuses-tlc-of-race-baiting-whitewashing-airport-incident/

Have to say, I'm loving the show so far and i'll be watching the previous seasons as recommended by others here.

Wow- I found a similar news article.  Veeerrrrry interesting.  The mod may take down your post since it might be considered a spoiler - so just FYI.  Spoilers are allowed on the threads for each couple, but not on episode threads.  Welcome to this shitshow that we are all addicted to!  It's definitely my guilty pleasure and I love all the snark on these forums!

• Love 1
On 10/29/2018 at 7:02 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I think Asuelu's very sweet. And Khalani does not want to marry him. She has has major second thoughts. He was fine for a vacation hookup, but here in California? He's an embarrassment to her. She's going to passive aggressively find fault with everything he says and does. She'll shame him for his lack of worldliness and be mortified by him. She'll roll her eyes when he jokes around or takes joy in anything. ("Honey, you're just so loud!") She's already turned her family against him. She wants him gone. She knows that he wants to try and make a go of it with her and be a father to their son, so she has to hope that the collective charm and warmth of her family (ha!), along with her constant criticism and corrections will drive him away. Then she can be a heroic single mother and talk smack about her horrible ex. 

Asuelo  is very sweet  but he is childlike.  He is from a culture so different from the US--although, working in a resort, he has been exposed to the worst of the US--and he is, as far as I can remember, the only fiance who is not mostly interested in moving to the US for his modeling career.  He is in a whole 'nother category, and I think he's all alone in it.  All of this makes Kalani's treatment of him a thousand times worse imo.  Why on earth did she want him here?  If the shame of unwed motherhood was the problem, she could have returned to Samoa (I gather she has family there) and married him, then returned to the US and divorced him, if she wanted to date.

I was only half-serious when I suggested how much better off she might be in Samoa, where her large body and gorgeous face and hair would be breath-takingly appreciated and she would have a respectable, employed husband--a chance at a real family life--but now I am genuinely wondering if the thought has crossed her mind.  Why couldn't she try it for six months or a year?  I have a feeling that she is too biased against Samoan culture and people (via her father) that the idea is literally unthinkable for her.  She also seems to revel in being infantilized by her family--did we ever learn what, if anything, she does for a living?  My heart breaks for Asuela.  Run, Asuela, run!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, queenjen said:

Someone upthread said that Colt wouldn't be getting a more appropriate car (or just A car) because this one is still working (A/C less, dents and all). One day, it's going to be 'I didn't want the expense of burying Mother, she's not off yet and she still talks to me'. 

Or:  I won't have to buy cat food for at least two years!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, queenjen said:

The thing is, every season has at least one person who accuses TLC of giving them a bad edit, mostly I think because they are embarrassed by their own words and behavior when they see them "from outside."  Kalani may be perfectly justified in her wrath, but to be fair, I haven't seen any behavior on her part which negates the things she says are misleading.  It's possible, I guess, that TLC has complete changed her personality, words and behavior with skillful editing, but I think it's far more likely that there is at least some truth in what TLC is showing of her and her family.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

The thing is, every season has at least one person who accuses TLC of giving them a bad edit, mostly I think because they are embarrassed by their own words and behavior when they see them "from outside."  Kalani may be perfectly justified in her wrath, but to be fair, I haven't seen any behavior on her part which negates the things she says are misleading.  It's possible, I guess, that TLC has complete changed her personality, words and behavior with skillful editing, but I think it's far more likely that there is at least some truth in what TLC is showing of her and her family.

I agree with you but I only have sympathy for victims of bad editing from the first couple of seasons of this show. By now anyone that risks entering this show should have plenty of warning of what goes down. If it is obvious to the casual viewer that the producers manipulate the scenes to amp up drama and make people look bad, it should be obvious to someone that applies to be on the show if they spent more than 2 minutes researching it or watching any previous episodes/seasons. Maybe she knew that and thought she could be different. But it's not like we've seen people ignore the obvious blazing warning signs before on here right? Lol

• Love 9
18 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Ah ok sorry I thought you took my suggestion to buy cat clothes literally. ? 

I had tried to post this elsewhere but my comment got eaten by my own computer ineptitude, but: do we know for sure he is a software engineer? Computer-touching is one of those mysterious gigs that seem lucrative but in reality there's a wide range of salaries that go with computer-touching. I have a friend who's a software engineer for a startup that makes $220k, and another who works in IT and makes $75k. If they were both on TV and the audience was not tech-savvy, it could look like they do the same thing. Where I live, the latter is "paycheck to paycheck" territory, and the former is "maybe someday you could buy a house if you have a partner who also makes decent money" level compensation. If Colt is actually a computer engineer and not just exaggerating his title, he either sucks at it, or there's not a lot of opportunity in Las Vegas, or he's socking away a huge amount of savings, or he's giving it all to Mother. My money is on him exaggerating his title and he's actually some IT drone, or an underemployed guy who likes taking apart computers in Mother's basement.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Re-watching a bit of this & Ashley saying "intimacy" is so important she has to have sex with Jay 3x/day to keep him satisfied. I'm thinking these two probably have zero "intimacy". They're both just DTF all the time, or at least he is & she has to keep up. Yeah that'll work long term.

Evidence by Devar and his drunken talking head, where he says he can't wait for Melanie to heal from childbirth because he needs sex.  Yeesh.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Evidence by Devar and his drunken talking head, where he says he can't wait for Melanie to heal from childbirth because he needs sex.  Yeesh.

Oh yeesh is right.  I missed this.  What a disgusting thing to say.  I'm an old bat now and so the thought of D 3 times a day is just horrible to me.  On the other hand, no way Jay will be with Ashley in 30 years anyway so it won't matter. 

• Love 4

Re: Colts Job

So first we will not see any real coding, that is just issues about ownership/privacy. 

Ok so after checking his Github and Linkden is seems he works for a  company that makes machines for casinos, that could explain the slot machine in the apartment. Konami Gaming, Inc has become mostly about gambling software but was an OG gaming company. 

If he is fulltime time his salary should be pretty decent  70-80k although they don't have the best benefits. 

He went to a video game development orientated college which is.... risky. Especially he is wants to work on actually video games. 

This seems to be him right?

5232686.jpg

Edited by yb125
Found his github and linkden
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Yes.  Remember that idiot Mark from Baltimore.  Doddering fool who was just an asshole to the 19 year-old.  They sued TLC claiming a bad edit.  But if you act that way when the cameras are rolling, you're likely an ass.  Unless they are scripting the words that come out of your mouth and if that's the case, you're an ass for going through with it.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, queenjen said:

Based on the article, she has a valid complaint. It's not just that the show is making her look like a jerk – editing it to make your whole family seem like self-loathing racists is pretty bad, especially with how vicious and judgmental people in social media can be with that kind of thing so I understand being exasperated by the false narrative because that's a different level of character assassination. But the thing is, don't just whine about how annoying the producers are or how you wanted to quit the show, just quit the show! A flurry of childish, passive aggressive social media posts isn't going to change the edit or people's perception of you. It's just petty self gratification. Just refuse to let them film you anymore and quit while you're ahead.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Based on the article, she has a valid complaint. It's not just that the show is making her look like a jerk – editing it to make your whole family seem like self-loathing racists is pretty bad, especially with how vicious and judgmental people in social media can be with that kind of thing so I understand being exasperated by the false narrative because that's a different level of character assassination. But the thing is, don't just whine about how annoying the producers are or how you wanted to quit the show, just quit the show! A flurry of childish, passive aggressive social media posts isn't going to change the edit or people's perception of you. It's just petty self gratification. Just refuse to let them film you anymore and quit while you're ahead.

In the article she is trying to imply she did not actually say, "My dad doesn't want us to struggle so he wants us to be with White guys."

But she did say that! We all heard her say it. If production somehow twisted her words (it didn't...but let's pretend it did), she should tell us what she had actually said. And it should be something very different than what we all heard.

And she is also trying to defend her father's statement that he doesn't want her w/ his kind of people....by saying he didn't mean all Samoans...only Samoan men who grew up in Samoa. Ohhhh big difference, there! [insert dramatic eye roll]. Still racist.

If her family looks like self-loathing racists (and I think they do), it's because they said those words.

She has no valid complaint. But yes, I can see that she is exasperated and annoyed that she is being beaten up on social media.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

In the article she is trying to imply she did not actually say, "My dad doesn't want us to struggle so he wants us to be with White guys."

I heard her say that as well.  The interesting thing is, I've seen MANY YouTube videos, many by black women who say the same thing, that they don't want to struggle and only a white man can give them that.  Is that self-hate or is there some truth to that statement?

• Love 6
On 10/29/2018 at 6:35 PM, gunderda said:

I thought maybe me and everyone else Ive ever been around had been saying Samoa wrong my entire life (not that I've ever been around anyone from Samoa) but Asuelo actually said it the way that is normal to me SA-MOE-AH - so is Kalani pronouncing it correct as well or are they just weird?

We've all been saying Samoa wrong our entire lives. I visited Samoa a few years ago. I remember: (1) seeing Robert Louis Stevenson's house grave, (2) eating at the world's Westernmost McDonald's and (3) that everyone there pronounces it SAH-moa.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:17 PM, not you again said:

Further, I get the feeling that starting the K-1 visa process is the furthest thing from the mind of skater boi and his grands - they just want to get him over to Russia for the birth of his son.  

The homeless 20 year old waiter isn't starting the K-1 process. The process takes about 10 months and he's saying he's hoping she and the kid can fly back with him, so he's well into the process. It starts with a $535 application fee, by the way. And he would have spent hundreds on a passport and applying for a visa to visit Russia. And over a thousand on the plane ticket. Then a plane ticket for her. The grandparents must be bankrolling all of this and co-sponsored her, because he doesn't make enough money to import a fiance. 

On 10/29/2018 at 9:17 PM, greekmom said:

If I was Larissa I would do the following:  1. ignore the icky Oedipus complex, 2. Demand to have Dolt take me to all the hot spots on the strip, 3. enjoy the time as a vacation, part ways as friends and then go back to Brazil and fish for a better opportunity. But above all! Sleep with the bedroom door locked. 

No, Larissa's out of time. Although she's attractive and speaks good English, she's 31. He found her on a dating website full of other Brazilian green card hunting women in their early 20's.   If she goes back to Brazil, she has to start the whole process over again. Find an American guy, chat with him a while, meet him in person, have him sponsor her for a visa, wait 10-12 months, etc.  Her goal should be to put in her required two years with Colt to get a green card and then dump him and find another American guy while she's still young enough to have kids.

Colt doesn't realize that she doesn't love him, or even like him. He should have just bought her the $20 flowers. Problem solved. He should also have a car with air conditioning in Las Vegas. It's insane not to. 

Las Vegas, especially the areas just off the strip, can be pretty ugly in the daytime.  The first time I visited Las Vegas, for three days, I wondered why anyone would live there. Then I moved there in 1996 and have been living there ever since. The Strip is nice at night, Henderson is nice, Summerlin is nice. Most of the rest of it isn't, especially in the daytime in August. 

He should take her to the strip and take her to Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston, which look nothing like Brazil.  I once had a friend visit with his Thai girlfriend. We took her to that Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign. Impressed, she was not.  

On 10/29/2018 at 9:36 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

I think the one thing that caused her to leave her life of luxury was the absolute constant shame and judgement her family makes her feel. She's Kalani's soul sister in that type of suffering. 

The only difference is, despite the occasional temper spat, Leida doesn't seem to be a soul crushing B.

The rich girl braggadocio is super annoying, but I think Leida's doing it out of insecurity because she's probably been beaten down by her family ten one too many times. She thinks all that posturing will make us 'big rich Americans' like her and think that she's cool somehow.

My initial theory was the same, that Leida's family isn't rich at all. That's why she's on a mail order bride website "accidentally" clicking on the profiles of old-ass looking American dudes and then agreeing to marry the guy two days after meeting him.  Do you know what it costs to employ a maid in Indonesia? Virtually nothing. You just need a house, and then you can hire any of the tens of millions of impoverished/homeless Indonesians who will happily be your slave 24 hours a day in exchange for food and housing and a few dollars a month. 

But now I'm starting to think this family really is rich, because they all have tourist visas to the USA (not easy to get unless you're rich).  Not only did the sister pay to fly to New York, but Leida's parents are coming to New York too, like when King Jaffee Joffer and his wife traveled to Queens to check up on Akeem in "Coming to America."

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

But she did say that! We all heard her say it. If production somehow twisted her words (it didn't...but let's pretend it did), she should tell us what she had actually said. And it should be something very different than what we all heard.

And she is also trying to defend her father's statement that he doesn't want her w/ his kind of people....by saying he didn't mean all Samoans...only Samoan men who grew up in Samoa. Ohhhh big difference, there! [insert dramatic eye roll]. Still racist.

If her family looks like self-loathing racists (and I think they do), it's because they said those words.

She has no valid complaint. But yes, I can see that she is exasperated and annoyed that she is being beaten up on social media.

Thanks for clarifying. I forgot that she said that. Yikes. Well that's...harder to talk your way out of.

• Love 3
On 11/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, Spike said:

I know people can spend their money however they see fit but I think if you have money to blow on cat clothes there are thousands of charities that could make better use of it.

For some reason, the phrase cat clothes has me cracking up laughing. I bet Colt has a ton of money in his savings account because he is cheap as fuck. Cat clothes are likely is only indulgence and the mother may even make them since she doesn't have shit to do.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

heard her say that as well.  The interesting thing is, I've seen MANY YouTube videos, many by black women who say the same thing, that they don't want to struggle and only a white man can give them that.  Is that self-hate or is there some truth to that statement?

My Jamaican acquaintance also wants a "Jewish accountant" to retire comfortably with.  So not that I know much about it but I heard it straight from a source so to speak. I'm a white woman and have dated my share of loser white men in the past and there is no shortage! Go go figure! I have no idea! I have however heard the stereotype of successful black men going for white women (ie: the movie "save the last dance) when Julia Styles' (blleeehhh) character is accused of taking the last decent guy in their neighborhood and having a chance at him bc she's white. So maybe a little bit going both ways? I don't know but love to hear your op. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, queenjen said:

Well she didn’t read the fine print of the contract then....hey Kalani tell your family to be super politically correct when the cameras around and if toyboy starts rolling around the floor know that it is producer induced.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gavinmac said:

We've all been saying Samoa wrong our entire lives. I visited Samoa a few years ago. I remember: (1) seeing Robert Louis Stevenson's house grave, (2) eating at the world's Westernmost McDonald's and (3) that everyone there pronounces it SAH-moa.

The homeless 20 year old waiter isn't starting the K-1 process. The process takes about 10 months and he's saying he's hoping she and the kid can fly back with him, so he's well into the process. It starts with a $535 application fee, by the way. And he would have spent hundreds on a passport and applying for a visa to visit Russia. And over a thousand on the plane ticket. Then a plane ticket for her. The grandparents must be bankrolling all of this and co-sponsored her, because he doesn't make enough money to import a fiance. 

No, Larissa's out of time. Although she's attractive and speaks good English, she's 31. He found her on a dating website full of other Brazilian green card hunting women in their early 20's.   If she goes back to Brazil, she has to start the whole process over again. Find an American guy, chat with him a while, meet him in person, have him sponsor her for a visa, wait 10-12 months, etc.  Her goal should be to put in her required two years with Colt to get a green card and then dump him and find another American guy while she's still young enough to have kids.

Colt doesn't realize that she doesn't love him, or even like him. He should have just bought her the $20 flowers. Problem solved. He should also have a car with air conditioning in Las Vegas. It's insane not to. 

Las Vegas, especially the areas just off the strip, can be pretty ugly in the daytime.  The first time I visited Las Vegas, for three days, I wondered why anyone would live there. Then I moved there in 1996 and have been living there ever since. The Strip is nice at night, Henderson is nice, Summerlin is nice. Most of the rest of it isn't, especially in the daytime in August. 

He should take her to the strip and take her to Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston, which look nothing like Brazil.  I once had a friend visit with his Thai girlfriend. We took her to that Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign. Impressed, she was not.  

There’s plenty of 70 somethings who would be happy to marry Larissa,

• Love 4

The young guy with the preggo girlfriend did apply got the K1 visa. He said they’ve gotten no feedback yet and that with the problems with immigration and issues between Russia and the US now it could be major delayed. I guess grandma and grandpa  picked up the initial expenses.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, yb125 said:

Re: Colts Job

So first we will not see any real coding, that is just issues about ownership/privacy. 

Ok so after checking his Github and Linkden is seems he works for a  company that makes machines for casinos, that could explain the slot machine in the apartment. Konami Gaming, Inc has become mostly about gambling software but was an OG gaming company. 

If he is fulltime time his salary should be pretty decent  70-80k although they don't have the best benefits. 

He went to a video game development orientated college which is.... risky. Especially he is wants to work on actually video games. 

This seems to be him right?

5232686.jpg

Ewwwwww.

• Love 5

So the  young kid just said he hopes that Olga doesn't look that different now that she's 9 months pregnant because he remembers her when he was just hanging out with the hot girl?   Is he that stupid?

He hopes the baby was a happy accident and that he has found the love of his life but if not what is he going to do with custody of his child?  I assume a kid like that wouldn't fight for it but lots of weird things can happen when love goes bust.   I'm glad he wants his "fiancee and child" to come back to America but they aren't just going to live on sex and hope are they? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

So the  young kid just said he hopes that Olga doesn't look that different now that she's 9 months pregnant because he remembers her when he was just hanging out with the hot girl?   Is he that stupid?

He hopes the baby was a happy accident and that he has found the love of his life but if not what is he going to do with custody of his child?  I assume a kid like that wouldn't fight for it but lots of weird things can happen when love goes bust.   I'm glad he wants his "fiancee and child" to come back to America but they aren't just going to live on sex and hope are they? 

He's a kid.  Unfortunately,  his "relationship" with Olga is probably doomed.

• Love 1