Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Honey said:

Is Eric supporting one child under the age of 18? In NY anyway child support is 18% of wages, so if he is paying $1,000/month, he's making $5,500 /month or $66,000/year.

If he is supporting 2 kids it's 22% of wages, so if he's paying $1,000/month he's making $4,500/month or $54,000/year.

These are what the figures are in NY (the last I knew), I can't imagine they're that much different in WI.

He's making okay money, so where is all of his money going?

Booze.

and Indonesian Cupid live peep shows.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Debbie needs to sit her down and explain that the bride’s family pays for everything.

Leida’s own sister would do the job.

Remind her how things are done in Indonesia.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Splithair said:

Does anyone think that Ashley's psycho ex-friend was the one posting the hate-filled comments on her website?

*raises hands* I thought so from the moment Ashley mentioned it and came out of lurking just to post this (but you beat me to it :) ). I know people can be racist assholes for no reason (been on the wrong side of a few incidents myself) but in this particular instance? I turned to my sister and said, “I’m sure whoever is posting these comments is someone she knows.”

Leida is awful but Eric is worse. Also Leida ain’t rich and Tasha is gross. So everyone loses!

Can Steven actually bring the the baby to America? 

• Love 17

I'll take the other side of the table here and say that Debbie was being the responsible adult in the situation. Debbie clearly knows Colt's assets and income; Larissa might have been told, but if so, she wasn't listening and doesn't care. If he's got $5000 on hand, then he can't pay for X, Y, and Z that add up for $6000. If Larissa is going to act like a clueless teenager ("You can't put a price on my dream!"), then she needs to hear from a parent figure that 2+2=4 and you can't have everything you want.

I'm an Ivy League lawyer, homeowner, etc., and I got married (my only wedding) looking fabulous in a dress, sash, and shoes that cost about $400 total. I realize that that isn't everyone's jam, but if you're old enough to get married, you're old enough to understand what a budget is.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Honey said:

He spends it on a dominatrix who specializes in humiliation and degradation.

Just kidding, he gets that for free now.

Come back in a couple weeks.   Leida will have Eric eating from a dog dish.

50 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I wish Eric would just call her on her bullshit:  “Ok, go home to your rich family”, but I think she knows he won’t, so she can play tough girl. 

Prolonged exposure to the inflatable couch has left Eric with an inflatable spine.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

I thought Jesse was bad.

That guy was narcissistic and behaved terribly in front of Darcey’s daughters...

But that was when I was young and innocent and hadn’t been exposed to Leida.

Anfisa was at least HONEST about being gold-digger (in contrast, Leida is a covert gold-digger pretending to be rich with a disturbing fixation on getting a man to stop paying child support for his biological children WTF).

Also, even when Leida appears to Ben “honest” about just wanting to “further a medical career in the US”, I still think she’s lying because I think she’s trying to establish herself as an Indonesian “Real Housewives” type with her tall tales about being from a “well-respected, wealthy family” but she’s playing coy about just wanting to be famous.

I call BS about wanting a medical career in the US. Absolute BS.

Leida thinks she’s the queen and in charge of the dumpy rental apartment when she contributes nothing and Tasha is the one on the lease and she all but throws her out and with the support of Tasha’s own father.  Pretty darn pathetic!

Leida may have wealthy parents but she isn’t.

Edited by endure
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Tasha said his last relationship ended badly, I wonder if this isn’t his first foray into the world of buy me a wife.

I'm curious about this too. I still have no idea why he would marry an aging, chubby Indonesian woman who bosses him around instead of a younger Filipina or Thai woman who would actually be nice to him every day. 

36 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Once that child has an American passport there won't be much that Olga can do to stop him from boarding a plane and disappearing.

Russia has exit immigration controls.  I'm confident that he couldn't take a Russian born baby out of Russia without the Russian mother's permission.  The baby's brand new American passport will have no Russian visa in it, and there would be some red tape to get the baby out of the country even if Olga were going with them.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Debbee needs to have her scheming ass shipped off to Speedy Hearse Retirement Community like, right now. She goes over to Cousin Colt go cry about how much she's hurtin' (in the immortal words of Livia Soprano, "poor you") and trash talks her future daughter-in-law, in addition to ganging up against Larissa with Coltee. OH BUT WAIT - Debbee had the nerve to deny she talked to Cousin Colt! Well you conniving old biddy, he spilled the beans on you. I understand Larissa's exasperation, and unlike Coltee, find that she is not at all "irrational."

Larissa goes shopping for a wedding dress with both Debbee and Hippee Cousin (who has clearly been poisoned by Debbee too) with a budget of under $1000 (or more specifically, in Coltee's own words, "as cheap as possible") and it's easy to predict that no dress will be purchased. In part because the show often features dress shopping, without a dress being bought, and because Coltee doesn't want Larissa to spend more on her wedding dress than he spent on Cookie Dookie's. Flapping her bottom teeth against her bare upper gums, Debbee declares that her favorite part of $1000 or less is the "or less" and lets Larissa know how salty she is about the money being spent on her green card application.

I counted 3 packages of 6 giant hot dogs on the counter (total 18), six gigantic meatballs (and not the lean meat), 4 flattened hamburger patties, 16 buns (there were more under the pile but I couldn't count them) and a dozen hot dog buns. Now we know where all the money goes and where Coltee's tittees come from. Not a vegetable or condiment in sight. Just carbs, cheap meat and nitrites.

When Cousin Colt defiantly offered to take on Auntie Debbee to live with them and pay half the rent, I was hoping that Larissa would accept the offer and pack Debbee's bags faster than Leida packed Tasha's. They all ganged up on her in the worst ways, even Colt, who sat there like a bag of liposuction waste. Debbee was hunkering down with the kids enjoying the fireworks that she lit up, looking guilty AF. The hot-headed cousin: "This is HER SON! Your man pays for everything!" Then he has the audacity to bitch about how much another man chose to spend on a wedding ring. He was really worked up over this, good job Debbee. He's making it sound like toe-walking, eyebrow spinning, thunder thigh Colt is some kind of prize. The air is so thick with estrogen around him, you can cut it with a knife. I'm certain Larissa was being sarcastic when she said all that he had to offer for her to "use" is his freakish, graceless, uncoordinated body. "Riches, glory, glam!" rants Cousin Colt. For real??? He's driving an old beater without air conditioning in Las Vegas!  To make matters worse, he takes the cousin's side with the dumbest argument imaginable: "he doesn't understand the situation." He doesn't? Take some initiative and explain it to him then, dopey!

I fervently wish that Larissa's plan to get a Jaguar and hire that douchenozzle as her personal driver comes to fruition.

Whoever goes against the queen will die... here's your ring and go marry your mother.

Yeah all that you said and really Debbee move in with Cousin Coltee and pay half the rent - such a deal, they have two adults, two kids vs one Auntee.......good deal cousin 😏

• Love 8
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Tonight's episode made me think of that old mom-ism, "It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt."

There was very little to laugh at tonight.   Steven is trying to carry out a legalized parental abduction.   Eric damned himself to hell by choosing Satan over his daughter.   Tasha stood outside struggling with tears, defending the man who just told her "take your shit and get out" until the reality of the situation caught up with her.   Colt sat by and let his cousin John verbally abuse Larissa.   Cousin John's wife watched in complicit silence as her husband addressed another woman as "that bitch."   Asuelu began to crumble under the stress of a child's mind trying to handle adult situations.  

Meanwhile the show did that edit thing where they try to make us believe none of these unions will be completed, yet we who have watched the show sadly know better.

Where’s the romance?

• Love 2

After Steven gets the baby's American citizenship established, he's going to then need to have a passport issued for the baby.  I hope all of this takes longer than 3 weeks.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, kissedbyarose said:

*raises hands* I thought so from the moment Ashley mentioned it and came out of lurking just to post this (but you beat me to it :) ). I know people can be racist assholes for no reason (been on the wrong side of a few incidents myself) but in this particular instance? I turned to my sister and said, “I’m sure whoever is posting these comments is someone she knows.”

Totally agree.  It's completely possible it's some random racist asshole, but the storyline so far just seems to be pointing this way.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Splithair said:

Larissa is horrid, but Coltee's cousin is an ass.  Unless a whole lot was edited out of that scene, he instigated the whole thing.  I was shocked at how calm she actually stayed during it.  And Coltee just sitting there looking stupid the whole time, closing blinds, etc.  Then telling her it's her responsibility to prove she's not a bitch and to ask Cousin Coltee about his day.  Tf?!

He did instigate that and I've no love for Larrissa but she was not mad enough by a long shot.  Especially at Colte.  I think John is attracted to Larissa deep down.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I thought it had been a few months. If Im wrong, Mea culpa  and that does make things different

I think he said earlier, when Leida first arrived, that it had been a couple of months since Tasha had paid rent. On this episode, it appears Tasha has actually been living with her boyfriend and just comes back in order to - - what? Meanwhile, Aless has no bedroom. (Which begs the question, when Leida "slept in a different room," where was she?)

I didn't believe Eric at first when he blamed Tasha for the state of the apartment when he returned with Leida, but seeing the squalor in her room, I believe it now. She seems to be passively aggressively keeping her mess there just to assert her control. She has been rude and snotty since even before she was able to learn about that succubus Leida.

Eric gets no passes, either. He is a terrible parent. I'm not in his corner or Leida's. I just feel Tasha is no prize, either. She does, however, deserve a better parent.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Russia has exit immigration controls.  I'm confident that he couldn't take a Russian born baby out of Russia without the Russian mother's permission.  The baby's brand new American passport will have no Russian visa in it, and there would be some red tape to get the baby out of the country even if Olga were going with them.

I think Steven would be kidnapping, non custodial parent trying to leave the country with the baby...I could see Steven ignoring the laws because they do not suit him.  

• Love 12

Have to defend Larissa but moreso condemn Colt. Your cousin calls your fiancee "that bitch?" Colt had one job and that was to punch his cousin in the face. Instead he moved less than jello.  He didn't even jiggle. 

Cousin Colt needs a lot of attention as evidenced by the one shirt he apparently owns, to promote that business embroidered on it, the hollering, and bumper stickers on his family van (tm OC OG Vicki) I hate any and all stickers on cars, making Aunt Debbie into a martyr, and calling Larissa out on camera. 

Aunt Debbie was the happiest we've seen her, bidding farewell to the cousin. I love you now go home (until I need you again.) Weirdos. I think oddly Larissa & Colt are benign and equally dysfunctional and could make it. Provided they lose these family members butting in. 

• Love 19

Maybe it’s because in my culture, parents love to have their kids in the home for as long as possible, but I found the treatment of Tasha appalling. She’s 19! She doesn’t have the education or means to comfortably afford an apartment easily. Leida is just a cold hearted bitch. She not only kicked Tasha out, but she did it in front of 2 kids. Eric is just as bad...the tone he took when he told Tasha to get out was terrible and cruel. He needed her to help make ends meet and that’s what he does to her. Tasha is better off.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 23

I've been wondering why we almost never see Olga and Skive together when they need to deal with Russian interactions (lawyer, etc.). I believe it's because Skive hates it when Olga is speaking to someone in Russian; he doesn't understand what's being said, has no control over the situation, and feels that he is being ignored. And I think Olga knows this. It may have been editing, but I think it was telling that she and Anna spoke only in English. Not even a "hello" in Russian.

• Love 13

I'm pretty sure Russia has strict requirements for one parent traveling out of country with their kid. A few years ago, a friend had to escape Russia whilst still pregnant because she knew she would be unable to leave once she had the baby. I've heard from friends when traveling alone with their kids they need to travel with permission from the other parent. So, I'm not sure Steven would be able to leave, even if the child has an American passport. Plus it would be a red flag for a young 20 year old man traveling with a 2 month old baby born in Russia...They'd probably pull him aside and ask where the mother is. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

Her father said he was covering her rent just since “this month” so she could save for a new apartment. It hasn’t been months. 

So now he can pay the full rent for the future. Even less money for Leida. 

I highly doubt she only missed one month's rent.  I'm sorry when I was 19 I got a roommate and my own place.  It icks me how so many adult children seem to stay at home now. 

8 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I thought it had been a few months. If Im wrong, Mea culpa  and that does make things different

I did too.  I thought I heard that.

3 hours ago, Splithair said:

Totally agree.  It's completely possible it's some random racist asshole, but the storyline so far just seems to be pointing this way.  

I had to laugh at Chekov's security camera.   There was no possibility they would install a security camera only to have nothing happen.  Right on cue, somebody's pounding on the door like it's The Haunting of Hill House or maybe Vikings with a log.  Who could it be?   The KKK?  Herky-jerky camera rush to the door!   Never mind, it's just aggrieved ex-friend Natalie and her bruised ego.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I highly doubt she only missed one month's rent.  I'm sorry when I was 19 I got a roommate and my own place.  It icks me how so many adult children seem to stay at home now. 

Unsolicited parenting advice: Under no circumstances should one side with a new, abusive spouse against one's child.   There are fairy tales about this kind of thing, minus "take your shit and get out" but the sentiment is the same.

Did anyone think Eric was in a board meeting when Leida called him to bitch about Tasha and maybe that's why he was so upset?

• Love 21

I call bullshit on Eric supposedly paying $1,000 a month for one child for child support. He doesn't make that much. I'm betting he pays more like $400, if that. And no one brings up to Leida that in addition to it being a moral obligation, it is also a legal obligation. As in, Eric could go to jail if he refuses to pay. 

And I'm on Team Tasha, no matter what. Its one thing to tell your adult daughter she needs to move out. Its a whole nother thing to do it like THAT, with all the drama, so you can keep your mail order bride, who is going to leave you anyway as soon as she gets her green card and finishes whatever that medical school thing is that keeps coming up. 

And there is no way Eric is 40 years old. That makes him younger than me. He's 50 at least.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I did too.  I thought I heard that.

I respect anyone who voluntarily wants to live on their own at 19 and who is out there in the adult world surviving, but I can’t criticize anyone who would prefer to live with a parent or another family member at that age. It is sad to me when I see young people struggling to make it in this economy with no support from family. I’d rather my child get off on a more stable foundation with money in the bank for an apartment/home and vehicle. Tasha was not in a space to go find an apartment quickly and her dad knew that.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I doubt he's making that much money. Leida probably exaggerated how much he's paying just like she exaggerated everything else.  

I do know what his job is, but I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to say that here. Let's just say he probably makes about 18K.

I thought it was quite more than that. 

In real life, the Tasha-Leida showdown probably would have resulted in a domestic incident.  No truck-driving girl I know would have shown such restraint.   

I find myself amazed at just how ugly and infuriating Leida's facial expressions are, even more so than her words.

• Love 16

And since Colt’s cousins think Debbie is the bee’s knees, I vote they move Aunt Debbie into their home. I bet they’d send her back to Colt within a week.

Colt reminds me of jello. He just sits there, unmoving, 90% of the time. He doesn’t seem to give a shit about Larissa’s comfort because he knows she has limited options. There’s something very cruel about that.

He absolutely needed to stand up for her when the cousin called her a bitch and insisted she was a gold digger.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I have a family member who pays $1400/mo for one child, so a thousand is not far fetched.  However, if support is income based I would think Eric pays less because he is obviously broke.

Regardless of his monetary situation, NO ONE should suggest a father walk away from his responsibilities.  And the fact Leida, a mother herself, suggested this is mind boggling.  Would she want someone suggesting that about her child?  Bitch go back to Indonesia and live off your parents.

I wonder if she'd feel the same about sharing his money with past wives if they split?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, millennium said:

Unsolicited parenting advice: Under no circumstances should one side with a new, abusive spouse against one's child.   There are fairy tales about this kind of thing, minus "take your shit and get out" but the sentiment is the same.

Did anyone think Eric was in a board meeting when Leida called him to bitch about Tasha and maybe that's why he was so upset?

Fairy tales about a parent siding with a new abusive spouse against his/her child?  Off to look up the meaning of "fairy tale," because that situation is the antithesis of a fairy tale, as I've always understood the term, at least.

And thank you for starting off my day with the amazing snark.  :-)  Choked on my diet coke at the thought of Eric in a board meeting!!  Pretty sure that mental image will stay with me for a while and prompt a snort every time the thought runs through my head.  ;-)

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Honey said:

Is Eric supporting one child under the age of 18? In NY anyway child support is 18% of wages, so if he is paying $1,000/month, he's making $5,500 /month or $66,000/year.

If he is supporting 2 kids it's 22% of wages, so if he's paying $1,000/month he's making $4,500/month or $54,000/year.

These are what the figures are in NY (the last I knew), I can't imagine they're that much different in WI.

When I made $50,000 my take home was closer to $3,000.  Now, it is 6 figures and it is closer to the amount you are mentioning.  Single and no kids, no deductions. You don’t get to bring all that money home.  I wish! 

Child support can be unpredictable because a lot of women give their baby daddies a break.  There can be up and downs with employment or they make deals where some things (like schooling or insurance) is paid outside of a ‘child support legal contract.’ 

6 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I’ve finally figured out what is bothering me about Asuelo and Kalani.

When she was on vacation everything she finds grating about Asuelu now was charming.  He was sexy in his sarong...she found his dancing and musicality tribal foreplay.  His accent was twee and the halting way he spoke made her heart swoon.  She loved his simplicity.  He was all man and it worked for her.  

Fast forward to life in America and she hates him in this context.  His sarong is stupid, his dance is embarrassing.  His accent is immature and the obvious fact that English isn’t his first language is tiresome.  His simplicity makes her feel like he will never learn all the complicates ways of the US male.   She’s been polishing his knob but doesn’t think this singularity will sustain a marriage.  

She sucks at life but she’s so busy reminding Asuelu that he’s an imbecile when in fact in the context of America she’s quite the immature imbecile herself.

He embarrasses her and she's ashamed to be seen with him, which is ironic because he cleans up better than her and has way more reason to act like a simpleton than she does.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, readheaded said:

He embarrasses her and she's ashamed to be seen with him, which is ironic because he cleans up better than her and has way more reason to act like a simpleton than she does.

Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha! 

How can Eric have more furniture in his house than Kalani???? Those rooms are straight up EMPTY!  Like, whaaaaaaaaaat?????  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

It struck me as funny when Kalani said "My sister Kalini came for a visit."   The only time Kalini hasn't been sharing screen time with these two was during the infamous Cheetos Odyssey from Cali to Utah. 

• Love 13