Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/8/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I would say that I am part of a very patriotic family. My dad was in the military, as well as my husband (Bronze Star), my 3 sons, my father-in-law (Purple Heart) and my brother-in-law. I have volunteered at the VA and invited soldiers to my home for holiday dinners. I have never, nor has any of my family, ever talked about how patriotic we are. We dont have copies of the constitution or pictures of the founding fathers on our walls.  Maybe Meghan should demonstrate her patriotism rather than talking about it. And I don't mean running a 10k like Bitsy.

Your post got me thinking.  I would consider the McCain's a military family more than a political family.  MM has called her family that many many many times.  MM's father was the only one in politics,  right?  Hmmm. I wonder why she didn't feel compelled to join the military?  

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

WTH with Whoopie answering a call from her daughter on air?  And, her daughter calling during the show?

That was nuts!  However, I'd take that 10 times over her eating while trying to present a topic to the table.  Her continuing to do that is irritating.   

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, A.J. said:

That was nuts!  However, I'd take that 10 times over her eating while trying to present a topic to the table.  Her continuing to do that is irritating.   

All I could think of is how she would react if Sunny took a call from her husband on air.  Or, is Paula Ferris had ever tried that.  Besides, her daughter knows exactly what Whoopie is doing at that time of day.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

Maybe Meghan said runway because Melania was a model and models use runways.

No, Megan has made mistakes like this before.. She has said rebuff instead of rebut when trying to push back on Joy when she disagreed with her about something..

• Love 8
On 10/10/2018 at 9:31 PM, AnnieBeez said:

I still maintain that her mom once said that she LOOKS like John McCain in a dress. [it’s the barrel body]

On 10/10/2018 at 10:29 PM, deirdra said:

MMM looks like Cindy's head on John's body in a dress.

But John didn’t have a “barrel body.”

23 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And today, she wants everyone to know she has the Constitution hanging up in her living room, ya'll! Because, ya know, draping your home in tacky stereotypical Americana decor means you're sooo patriotic and love this country, right?! She may as well have added 'MURICA at the end of that unnecessary piece of information.

??????? First she had to tell us she has the Founding Fathers on her wall; then it was the Flag; now the Constitution? Next she’ll reveal she also has The Declaration of Independence.

23 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Not even a week in and she's pretty much reverted back to her old ways - mentioning that she "grew up in politics" in the same way that Maggie Gyllenhaal "grew up in an acting family." That's why all the butt-kissing on the show when she came back, comparing her to her dad and what not was a bad idea - she's going to become even more delusional and convinced that she's "in politics."

So not surprised. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I just watched the show (on tape). Meggie actually said, about Melania, " I gave her a lot of runway." Huh? 

I think she said "I gave her a lot of legroom" which is equally odd.  She probably meant leeway, or rope, which you give people until they totally screw up.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Your post got me thinking.  I would consider the McCain's a military family more than a political family.  MM has called her family that many many many times.  MM's father was the only one in politics,  right?  Hmmm. I wonder why she didn't feel compelled to join the military?  

Your post got me thinking @Coffeewinewater. I would consider MMs family a military family. They have 4 generations of Naval officers, with 2 Admirals. She stated to Maggie that there was no choice but politics. I think her brothers would say they were expected to go into the military, most especially the Navy. She is the only one fixated on politics at this point  I think. 

You dont have to have a military affiliation to be patriotic. The Right has appropriated the word and almost redefined it to somehow have something to do with loving the troops, supporting the troops, not criticizing the troops. Remember when Bitsy accused Rosie of not supporting the troops. Meghan is no more in politics than I am in the military.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Your post got me thinking @Coffeewinewater. I would consider MMs family a military family. They have 4 generations of Naval officers, with 2 Admirals. She stated to Maggie that there was no choice but politics. I think her brothers would say they were expected to go into the military, most especially the Navy. She is the only one fixated on politics at this point  I think. 

You dont have to have a military affiliation to be patriotic. The Right has appropriated the word and almost redefined it to somehow have something to do with loving the troops, supporting the troops, not criticizing the troops. Remember when Bitsy accused Rosie of not supporting the troops. Meghan is no more in politics than I am in the military.

Perfectly said!

• Love 9

I just started watching this show again after many, many years (last time was when Rosie quit), so I am not familiar with the significance of the bell that sits in the middle of the desk.

Can someone please tell me when this bell was put into action, who's idea it was, and what is the reasoning behind it (what it's supposed to do)?? Thanks in advance.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

The military might ruin her girlish figure with their fattening food and lack of Jim Beam.

When I began tuning into the View again after years of avoiding it I thought Megan was pregnant. It was weeks before I clued in that she ...was not. I gain weight in my mid section so I understand it can be frustrating but she is so young. She should take better care of herself. She comes across as such a childish yet bitter woman....almost like she gets no joy or happiness from anything in life. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

I just started watching this show again after many, many years (last time was when Rosie quit), so I am not familiar with the significance of the bell that sits in the middle of the desk.

Can someone please tell me when this bell was put into action, who's idea it was, and what is the reasoning behind it (what it's supposed to do)?? Thanks in advance.

The bell is meant to be rung when someone makes an extremely good point.  Another panellist will ring the bell, as affirmation of a good point made. 

But Meggie, in her own mind, hates the bell because she thinks it is a judgemental bell.  Her thinking on that has never been explained but she has shrieked in the past about how much she hates the bell.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, bannana said:

The bell is meant to be rung when someone makes an extremely good point.  Another panellist will ring the bell, as affirmation of a good point made. 

But Meggie, in her own mind, hates the bell because she thinks it is a judgemental bell.  Her thinking on that has never been explained but she has shrieked in the past about how much she hates the bell.

Because if someone else has been acknowledged as having made a good point it must be an attack on her.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, bannana said:

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Because if someone else has been acknowledged as having made a good point it must be an attack on her.

And Meghan feels slighted when nobody rings the bell for her.

To paraphrase Mean Girls "Meghan stop trying to make "I'm in politics" happen.  It's never going to happen."

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Rabithed said:

When I began tuning into the View again after years of avoiding it I thought Megan was pregnant. It was weeks before I clued in that she ...was not. I gain weight in my mid section so I understand it can be frustrating but she is so young. She should take better care of herself. She comes across as such a childish yet bitter woman....almost like she gets no joy or happiness from anything in life. 

No joy or happiness from anything life. ...except drinking hard liquor, shooting squirrels, and fightin' with lib'ruls, dag nabbit! 

• Love 9

That phone called from Whoopi's daughter was odd.  yesterday's show wasn't live, they probably taped in an hour or so earlier, so with the daughter calling right when the show was over tells me something is going on with the daughter.  

I can't stand Raven, my kids are of the age when That's so Raven was new, I would leave the room when they were watching it.  I hated Olivia too.  I hate percosius (I hate it so much I can't even spell it, no suggestions either.  LOL) .  

• Love 10

I haven't watched since Sara's last day, but I do still read this forum.  And so far, nothing is enticing me to start watching again. 

Did MM actually say that she shoots squirrels?  If so, why?  Surely not for food.  And, IMO, someone shooting squirrels for "sport", is just as horrible as the people who kill those beautiful African animals.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I haven't watched since Sara's last day, but I do still read this forum.  And so far, nothing is enticing me to start watching again. 

Did MM actually say that she shoots squirrels?  If so, why?  Surely not for food.  And, IMO, someone shooting squirrels for "sport", is just as horrible as the people who kill those beautiful African animals.

Yes, she did.  She changed the subject quickly though.

• Love 5

Eleven minutes in and we get our daily dose of Meg-pain.

5 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

MM just made another situation about her father's death.  DRINK! 

Yup.

Huh.  Out of curiosity I looked up YNB to see how old she is. She's 47. I thought she was more like Meghan or Abby's age or 40ish at most. Man, I love her.  Can we replace any of the current cast with her?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19

I don't know why Meghan is so concerned about her heart when it's her liver she should be worried about.

Meghan went back into full it's about me mode.  I feel sorry for the neighborhood squirrels she will blast into bits this weekend screeching "Stop looking at me!  I said stop looooookiiiing at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm griiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiing and it's OK!".

Yvette Nicole Brown has kicked butt every day this week.  She will be sorely missed.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, jpaulkitty said:

Woah...Did anyone else see Megans face while Abby was talking about Kanye in the first segment?  Scary

What did the look convey? I thought they were friends.

Megan is just annoying.  She makes everything about her. 

• Love 12

Damn, YNB went there with her question about Melania perhaps not caring about Trump's alleged extramarital affairs because she was also his mistress! Yikes! LOL! 

Just now, CheezyXpressed said:

The interviews today have been a bit of a mess and no one is taking the reigns to lead. Meghan didn't even say much during the Melania one. (I don't remember the guy's name) "You go ahead, no you, no you." What was that?

I agree, nobody really did a good job at moderating today and there were a few moments of awkwardness. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Sorry I don't know the name of the reporter who interviewed the First Lady, but, when he said she deserved our respect, the silence was deafening.

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Was that what Tom Llamas was scolding the panel about?  Deserves our respect?  Oh, hell no.

When you show respect you get respect.  

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Damn, YNB went there with her question about Melania perhaps not caring about Trump's alleged extramarital affairs because she was also his mistress! Yikes! LOL!

When she first said it, he just kept silent so Abby switched the question up for him to answer. Then he addressed it at the end by scolding everyone that they need to respect the first lady.

It was just awkward.

• Love 10