Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/8/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

NutMeg sure is a legend in her own mind.  So far this week she's offered to chair Nikki Haley's presidential campaign, thanked Laura Ingraham for fat shaming her which she claims launched her "career", and mentioned her plagiarist husband reviews "speeches" for her.  She really thinks she is all that.  

And today, she wants everyone to know she has the Constitution hanging up in her living room, ya'll! Because, ya know, draping your home in tacky stereotypical Americana decor means you're sooo patriotic and love this country, right?! She may as well have added 'MURICA at the end of that unnecessary piece of information.

• Love 21

Umm why is Whoopi screaming at us because she was dead ass wrong about Pill Bill? 

Oh and I just love how MM managed to bring up the Clintons.  ::Huge eyeroll:: 

Edited by JayD83
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I literally stood up and screamed YAAASSSSS!  I heart YNB so much.  It would be great if we could keep her. 

I yelled "YAAASSS" at the television, too! She's a delight to listen to and watch.

And yeah Whoopi, you have received a lot of flack for your comments about Bill Cosby and for good reason.

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And today, she wants everyone to know she has the Constitution hanging up in her living room, ya'll! Because, ya know, draping your home in tacky stereotypical Americana decor means you're sooo patriotic and love this country, right?! She may as well have added 'MURICA at the end of that unnecessary piece of information.

It's all about appearances for Meghan.  She wants to look patriotic.  Now whether she is patriotic is subjective.  

• Love 14

Love YNB.

And I tried to give melania a chance, but I agree. I have no use for her and dont want to hear a word. Go away and take orange with you. 

I really miss Joy. 

Cant stand abby

• Love 23

Why all the commercials??

I swear it was talk about one topic, 10 commercials, get back one topic and back to 10 more commercials and TV show promos!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, nokat said:

I'm on the west coast so I see this an hour or three later. I choose whether to watch based on your comments.

I think this one (thurs) is worth a watch. Some good punches and snark were thrown. 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I applaud Sunny for keeping her cool for the most part so far with the way Abby has been speaking to her this morning in regards to the Orange One's wife's comments about sexual assault. My third day of watching any episodes this week and I'm ready to toss Abby out a window. I'm glad Sunny had YNB's help with tackling Abby's push back.

Here's what is interesting though, Meghan pretty much said the exact same thing as Abby, only she added stuff about her husband and her house decor. But she didn't really have much push back. When Abby went on to continue Meghan's point, without the extra stuff there, that is when Yvette and Sunny went in more. Then Meghan was allowed to say the same exact same thing again, but nothing.

I almost feel bad for Abby, because every yay moment from Yvette and Sunny came in response to something Abby said.

• Love 9

Meghan, I've said it before and I'll say it again, large floral prints are not for you!

It only makes you look more stuffed into your clothes.

P.S. Meghan looked extra orange on my TV. Too much spray tan???

• Love 4
1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

Note to Meghan -  YOU. ARE. NOT. IN. POLITICS!!!!!!!

Not even a week in and she's pretty much reverted back to her old ways - mentioning that she "grew up in politics" in the same way that Maggie Gyllenhaal "grew up in an acting family." That's why all the butt-kissing on the show when she came back, comparing her to her dad and what not was a bad idea - she's going to become even more delusional and convinced that she's "in politics."

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Here's what is interesting though, Meghan pretty much said the exact same thing as Abby, only she added stuff about her husband and her house decor. But she didn't really have much push back. When Abby went on to continue Meghan's point, without the extra stuff there, that is when Yvette and Sunny went in more. Then Meghan was allowed to say the same exact same thing again, but nothing.

I almost feel bad for Abby, because every yay moment from Yvette and Sunny came in response to something Abby said.

I don't feel sorry for Abby. I do agree that Meghan said something similar and I should have expressed my disdain with what she said about the subject too. I think the way Abby said what she did and with the body language she was sending out got at me more. If I continue watching the show Meghan will get plenty of my ire directed at her too. Plenty of others have posted what I would have in regards to her idiotic comments for the day so far.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I don't feel sorry for Abby. I do agree that Meghan said something similar and I should have expressed my disdain with what she said about the subject too. I think the way Abby said what she did and with the body language she was sending out got at me more. If I continue watching the show Meghan will get plenty of my ire directed at her too. Plenty of others have posted what I would have in regards to her idiotic comments for the day so far.

I hope you didn't take what I said as a dig at you.

I'm was just fascinated by the discussion, because Abby, Meghan and Whoopi all said the same thing but I suspect more people will be going after Abby, because her comments came right before Yvette's yay moment.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

She needs to stop making every topic discussed all about her, her grief and her perceived attacks from others

Thank you! It's so annoying to hear Meghan frame every conversation as an argument between herself and the public. 1. People are allowed to disagree with you,  Ms. Politics. Dissent is an important part of democracy.  2. If you use all your screen time trying to win off-screen arguments,  it makes you look disengaged from the people on the show . . . You know, the people you're SUPPOSED to be talking to.

38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

"Melania has an orange horse in the race."  I love YNB. 

It figures Meghan has a framed Constitution in her apt. 

Loved that line. YNB rules! I'm pretty sure my middle finger popped up on its own when Meghan mentioned her Constitutional decor.

• Love 19

What is up with Sunny's one short sleeve, one long sleeve dress? It made me crazy to look at.

I thought Sunny, by the way, did a piss poor job of explaining herself on the testimony is enough argument. She means it is (now) enough to bring charges. She said that once, and started out strong, but then after that, just kept saying that it's "enough," which the table (i.e. Meghan, Abby, and Whoopi) seemed to interpret as, "If a woman says it, the guy is guilty." 

Why we have time for Whoopi's incoherent rants, but not considered answers is beyond me. Sure she cited the Central Park 5 and the Duke LaCrosse team accusations, but I'm fairly certain where she got her ass in trouble on this subject was with the "rape rape" comment (which I think was about Roman Polanski) and her dismissal of the Bill Cosby accusations, after something like 30 women [then] had come out against him.

Yvette Nicole Brown hit the nail on the head when she said this is a group of people (the Trump administration) who don't like to listen to people who know more than they do. Sunny's damn right about Melania not having any friends around her either, and I don't even mean real friends, just people on the staff who like her. A good staffer would have talked to her both about the pith helmet and the "I really don't care" jacket. Perhaps one did, and she didn't listen, as YNB said.

I was surprised they stayed away from James Franco with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Meghan and Raven both looked like they were afraid of getting cooties when they hugged. Imagine if the bell really could shut up Meghan. I would start a Go-Fund-Me to build it a temple.

3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL Whoopi basically just admitted that the PTB wanted Raven Symone gone. They thought it was time for her to "graduate." Yeah, so, basically they wanted her out, lol. We knew that.

Yeah. I'm not even sure we need the "basically" there. She wasn't cut out for this show. She speaks before she thinks, which is why I think they hired her. They were looking for some headlines and some scandalous comments, and then they got annoyed with the reality of it. At least she knows she needs a script and an editor. I always felt like that was her problem (and to a lesser and different extent, it affected Rosie Perez, too).

In the old clip of little Raven presenting an award to Michael Jackson, who was the little boy with her?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL Whoopi basically just admitted that the PTB wanted Raven Symone gone. They thought it was time for her to "graduate." Yeah, so, basically they wanted her out, lol. We knew that.

I didn't watch Hot Topics today or yesterday's show, but I tuned in for the interview because it tickles me to see the tension fired co-hosts bring to the table. And it wasn't just TPTB, Whoopi, it was the Viewers, too! Hopefully McCain, your other vile protege, follows in Raven's footsteps ASAP.

Can't wait to watch the Jedidiah interview tomorrow for her try-hard dancing and vain attempts to not appear deranged the way she really is.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Can't wait to watch the Jedidiah interview tomorrow for her try-hard dancing and vain attempts to not appear deranged the way she really is.

That's gonna be must-watch-TV right there lol. She won't be in her echo chamber - well, at least not as much as she is at her current job. I think another poster here mentioned that Meghan and Jed unfollowed each other on social media not long after Meghan joined The View. It'll be very entertaining to see if there's any tension between them. If I recall correctly Jed made a subtle jab at Meghan without saying her name on social media but I don't want to get off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

That's very true. My only "but" isn't even one. I don't think she is particularly bright. I think she's a parrot (Michelle Obama would agree with me). I do think she's trolling though. A particularly toxic streak running through this administration in re race and global relations is summed up by that pith helmet. I thought/hoped someone on the panel would have gone that far in the discussion of it. I'm going to pretend Joy would have. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Jed, too. Usually, I just find her less offensive (somehow) than Meghan McCain, but tomorrow, I'm all about the train wreck factor. Keep your fingers crossed. 

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pUeXcg80cO8I8" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/michael-jackson-comments-popcorn-pUeXcg80cO8I8">via GIPHY</a></p>

Her response in the interview would indicate that she's oblivious ... in every way!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Melania worked as a model, so she knows the messages that clothes send. Fashion is all about conveying a point of view.  She knows exactly what she is doing, she is trolling the media and they fall for it every time.

YNB has been rocking her hair all week its been great.  I like that she voices how she feels, frustration. Yep, same here.  I like that she shut Abby down multiple times. Whoopi too!  Should be interesting.....Melania.  im curious what Tom's ( sorry cant spell) opinion is.  My opinion is the jacket was her response to what the media thinks of her and her relationship with hubby.  She doesnt care what their opinions are.  The media not the people.  Pretty broad though, room for much interpretation.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Meggie said she tries to give Melania leg room.  Is she talking about flying in coach with her?

Pretty sure she meant leeway.  But yeah Meghan is an idiot.

Such which version of the Constitution does Meghan have displayed?  The original or one with the all the civil rights amendments?

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Such which version of the Constitution does Meghan have displayed?  The original or one with the all the civil rights amendments?

Lol Probably the updated one. I don't think Meghan, Queen of Political Optics, would decorate using a Three-Fifths aesthetic.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That would be an interesting question to ask, because the original constitution accorded rights only  to rich white males with property. 

Also, who the hell frames a copy of the constitution and puts it in their house. Her patriotism is so over the top and nonsensical. I find it to be fake.  Does she volunteer her time and money to the most vulnerable and marginalized people in American society. How about the Veterans who suffer from mental illnesses who are having a hard time acclimating to society. So many Vets are homeless and in need of employment, does she help them. She is so full of it. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, who the hell frames a copy of the constitution and puts it in their house. Her patriotism is so over the top and nonsensical. I find it to be fake. If she really cares about people and the constitution, does she volunteer her time and money to the most vulnerable and marginalized people in American society. How about the Veterans who suffer from mental illnesses who are having a hard time acclimating to society. So many Vets are homeless and in need of employment, does she help them. She is so full of it. 

She talks about them.  And I'm sure sends her thoughts and prayers as well.

Meghan talks about her mom's charity work but have we once heard about any charity work Meghan has done?

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan often gets common sayings wrong.  I suspect she has the original Constitution with only the first two amendments plastered on her wall, along with the flag and portraits of some of the founding fathers on her walls, so there would be no room for all the civil rights amendments.

Meggie has 6 siblings - two half brothers, one half sister, two bio brothers, and Bridget, yet she acts like an only child.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9

Yvette's wit is just bang on. She shut Abby down so hard with her response and it was beautiful.

What I find really concerning about Meghan being such a diehard about the Constitution is that and her sense of patriotism and political affiliation seems to be the basis that forms her entire moral compass and that's just incredible to me...and not in the the good way.  Her defense of the Constitution suggests that the Constitution is perfect - when you talk like that, what reason do I have to believe that if slavery was never abolished in the Constitution, you'd be sitting on that stage protecting the rights of white man to own black people because you believe in the Constitution? It's insane to me that someone can think that a document written so long ago with non-descriptive language can truly depict every situation and scenario of the future. I think her American forefathers would be disappointed in Meghan's inability to apply common sense and recognize that the intent of equality should be shaped by the context of each situation and not based on the a narrow interpretation of a non-descriptive document that was written long before cases like sexual assault was even recognized in those days the way it is recognized today.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Leeway would make sense but I bet she meant wiggle room.

Her point about the constitution and her love for it made no sense:

• is she implying others love the constitution less than her because they don't have it displayed?
  • does the constitution protect the accused but not the accuser?

Whenever she talks about her so-called patriotism she sounds like Bitsy.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, JayD83 said:

I literally stood up and screamed YAAASSSSS!  I heart YNB so much.  It would be great if we could keep her. 

I love YNB this week!! I don’t even miss Joy. Raven is a mess. Changed the channel after a few minutes of her. 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

What I find really concerning about Meghan being such a diehard about the Constitution is that and her sense of patriotism and political affiliation seems to be the basis that forms her entire moral compass and that's just incredible to me...and not in the the good way.  Her defense of the Constitution suggests that the Constitution is perfect - when you talk like that, what reason do I have to believe that if slavery was never abolished in the Constitution, you'd be sitting on that stage protecting the rights of white man to own black people because you believe in the Constitution? It's insane to me that someone can think that a document written so long ago with non-descriptive language can truly depict every situation and scenario of the future. I think her American forefathers would be disappointed in Meghan's inability to apply common sense and recognize that the intent of equality should be shaped by the context of each situation and not based on the a narrow interpretation of a non-descriptive document that was written long before cases like sexual assault was even recognized in those days the way it is recognized today.

The Constitution originally protected rich white people. So yeah Meghan thinks it's great.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Yvette's wit is just bang on. She shut Abby down so hard with her response and it was beautiful.

People from Megan's tribe believe that the constitution is perfect as it is, anybody who begs to differ are flat out wrong. Like everything in life, they don't take into account that certain situations that existed back then no longer exist. Our society has evolved and the country has grown exponentially in size and diverse in it's population, since it was 13 different colonies that rallied around a grand idea called democracy united by the constitution. A document in my opinion that should change as the country changes to fit it's current state.  Some things in the constitution have come back to bite us in the ass, as a Democratic society.  I could say more about this, but, I don't want to go off-topic. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I hope you didn't take what I said as a dig at you.

I'm was just fascinated by the discussion, because Abby, Meghan and Whoopi all said the same thing but I suspect more people will be going after Abby, because her comments came right before Yvette's yay moment.

I did kind of take it that way at first. Feeling kind of prickly today. Thank you for clarifying.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I would say that I am part of a very patriotic family. My dad was in the military, as well as my husband (Bronze Star), my 3 sons, my father-in-law (Purple Heart) and my brother-in-law. I have volunteered at the VA and invited soldiers to my home for holiday dinners. I have never, nor has any of my family, ever talked about how patriotic we are. We dont have copies of the constitution or pictures of the founding fathers on our walls.  Maybe Meghan should demonstrate her patriotism rather than talking about it. And I don't mean running a 10k like Bitsy.

Your actions speak a lot louder than her words

• Love 12