Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E03: Week 2: New York City Night

• Start Topic

I haven't finished the show but I put it on pause so I could say how great Nancy looked and danced tonight(especially since she was dancing on a broken foot! OUCH!!) That was a lovely, slimming dress that made her look elegant! I also have to admit I am enjoying Val this year....a first for me!  He has never been a favorite(for me) but he seems to be enjoying himself and that makes him more enjoyable!

So far tonight has been really a great night of dancing!!!!!

• Love 16

tinashe and brandon did not come to play at all!!! brandon’s choreography is amazing!! he is doing a great job as a pro. those lifts in that dance alone should win them the mirrorball!! 

Edited by tedd
  • Love 7

So, I found this a much stronger night with dances. I'm glad to see so many celebrities doing better and I've been enjoying watching almost all of them.

Demarcus dancing first? He definitely set the bar. The dance was very well done. 

It was great to see Mark pop up. Miss you, Mark!

I like Danielle but that dance wasn't the best I've seen. I do think she did the best job that she could and I'm glad to see her dance. 

John is doing much, much better than I thought he'd do. I thought he'd be the stereotypical "older celeb", where he'd be stiff and barely doing the steps. John has been impressing me with how well he's doing. Is he the best of the bunch? No, but he's definitely surpassed my expectations and I genuinely want him to stick around for a while. 

Nancy and Val did well, I think. Val seems a lot softer this time around. I agree with her scores. 

I'm pretty sure Len gave Alexis a 9 so that he could try to avoid having her in danger again. The dance was beautiful, no doubt, but there was a clear mistake at the beginning. The rest of the dance was amazing enough to warrant 8s but probably not a 9. 

Joe did...better, I guess, but he's still the weakest this season. I noticed a few mistakes here and there but he does seem to be trying. 

Tinashe and Brandon's dance was very, very well done. Len always low balls the best dancers of the season in the first couple of weeks, so I don't argue against the 8. Week 2 to get all nines is always a little iffy for me, but the dance itself was very, very good. Tinashe seems like a great person who's taking the competition by stride. I can't wait to see what else she can deliver. 

Milo and Witney's dance was very fun. He's one that is surprising me by how much I'm enjoying him. I wouldn't be mad if he got very far because he has a lot of potential. I am surprised he got the same score as Tinashe. I don't think he was totally overscored; at most, he was only overscored by one point. 

Mary Lou's dance with Sasha was great to watch. I agree that it was beautiful. It could have used another 8, but I think the scores were fine.

Juan Pablo and Cheryl dancing to a great song! And he did a great job! A lot of high scores tonight, and I don't necessarily think it needed to be tied for the highest score of the night (so far?). It could have done with all 8s. 

Ah, Evanna! I went into her segment hoping for no low-balling. But with a night filled with a lot of high scores, I couldn't help but worry that she'll just get lost in the shuffle. Unfortunately, I did prefer her dance last week. I think this one not being as good has everything to do with the choreography and nothing to do with Evanna, as she is a delight to watch. I did think the scores are respectable. Again, it's a shame for it being a strong night of dances and Keo not choreographing that good of a dance. Also, the costume department probably should have gone with a less poufy dress. It wasn't overly poufy, but I think it got in Evanna's way at times. 

They definitely had to rush Bobby/Sharna a bit because they only started five minutes before the end of the show. I thought it was decent, but I agree with the scores. 

• Love 8

Demarcus & Lindsay - Demarcus is so good, he just moves so smoothly. A natural dancer. He's a finalist for sure.

Danielle & Artem - Of course they're using her walking stick in the performance. LMAO. We're never gonna hear the end of this woman being blind.She dances the way I expect someone who can't see does. I hope they leave tomorrow, seriously. 

John & Emma - I missed this because I was putting clothes in the dryer.

Nancy & Val - I like this partnership. I like Nancy. I enjoyed the set, costuming, and the choreography. She's one of those contestants that some viewers consider to be "what the show is about" or whatever. She's not the best dancer but I think she'll get better. There's potential. I think 7s were okay, I would have thrown a 6 in there somewhere.

Alexis & Alan - Argentine Tango is my favorite dance so I always look forward to them. I surprisingly really enjoyed this. That choreography was extremely difficult but so beautiful. I agree with Carrie-Ann that the lift was bad, but everything else was on point. I like this partnership.

Joe & Jenna - I watch all the Bachelor stuff but the way they're forcing Kendall and Joe's relationship down everyone's throat is so weird. ESPECIALLY if you watched Paradise. It was nice seeing Baby Bekah in the audience. Anyway, this dance was a much better fit for him. It was a beautiful dance. He did well. So much better than last week. The lift police routine is so old. So. Old. The 5 was absurd. It just feels very mean spirited after he worked so hard to be so much better this week, then you praise him only to knock him back down like that? SMH.

Tinashe & Brandon - Tinashe is the sole reason I'm watching this season. I'm so sad to say I didn't really like this. I like my Argentine Tangos way more traditional. Unfortunately, I have to agree with Len. This was a bit too far for my taste. The futuristic twist didn't work for me at all. The lifts were very impressive, her flicks were surprisingly mediocre. I hope they get to do it again somewhere down the line. Looking forward to the next performance from these two.

Milo & Witney - Charelston's are always fun. Umm, WOW?? I didn't expect all of that. Wow. I loved everything, the costumes, the background, the lifts, the choreography…this might be one of my favorite dances, ever. I have to check my list. This would be straight 10s if it wasn't week 2. Milo absolutely killed it and Witney seems to have the spark she had with Alfonso back. It's been awhile. Ahhhhmazing!

Mary Lou & Sasha - Meh. This couple bores me. Mary Lou moves beautifully though. I'm kind of tired of older women on this show being one trick ponies regardless of their dance ability. Long shapeless dresses, mid to slow tempo songs, boring safe choreo…I blame the producers and pros alike. Older men definitely get their fair share of sexy moments. Derek was one of the only pros good for that with his more mature partners. Just something I've been thinking about.

Juan Pablo & Cheryl - I really enjoyed this! This guy just has IT. He reminds me of James Hinchcliffe with his showmanship but is a better dancer than James was at this point of the show. One to watch for sure.

Evanna & Keo - I loved this lol. The choreography was great and it was so nice seeing Evanna come out of her shell. She's adorable. All things considered, she's Keo's best partner ever. By far. 

Bobby & Sharna - Okay him doing his thing at the end made me LMAO. He makes me smile, I'm sorry. This was a perfect song and fun dance to end the night. 

• Love 8

Howdy! Week 2 New York Night

I actually liked the opener!  Though Mandy can stop with the cutsey Emma/Sasha, Jenna/Val nonsense.  Did Tom mention who the tappers were?  I enjoyed that snippet.

Now on to the dances...

DeMarcus/Lindsay:  Cute but a lot of over-dancing by Lindsay.  He seemed kind of stiff but he did get the rise and fall (he was working at it).  Ridiculous over-praise by Len and Bruno. But good job.  Eights in week 2? They're leaving little room for growth.

Danelle/Artem:  Very very basic and that beginning took some courage to venture out on her own but still elementary.  At least they gave her a ramp this time.  A little mistake coming off the ramp?  But she recovered well.   It's got to be terrifying moving around without being able to see anything and the audience roaring at you.

John/Emma:  Love the Charleston and he did well.  I agree with whichever judge said there could have been a little more Charleston content in it but overall enjoyable.  That's quite a scoring jump from last week's 7-5-6.

Nancy/Val:  Uh oh - first serious injury. I can only wonder what kind of medical team they've got to keep people dancing with broken bones.  She looked very at ease and enjoying herself.  A little hiccup towards the end but great job.

All this hype for DWTSJr...make it stooooopppppp!

Alexis/Alan:  Wow - a lot of lifts, not much dancing.  She's got those beautiful long legs and I was expecting a whole lot more.  Yes, judges, it was pretty but it was supposed to be an AT.  Len? Passion? She smiled throughout the whole thing.  Waaaay overscored!  A 9?!? For what?

Joe/Jenna:  Just because he wasn't "in jeopardy" doesn't mean he wasn't in the bottom 6, or even bottom 2.  Much better tonight.  A slower pace was much better for him.  That quickstep last week was perhaps too much for him to start off with.  That 5 seems a bit low. Yes, even deducting for a lift.  Most pros keep their star in their sightline for most of the dance so they can see if they have to adjust or bail them out, etc.  I notice with Jenna, once she starts dancing, Joe is on his own unless Joe and the camera are in the same sightline. 

Tinashe/Brandon:  First, could someone turn on the lights? This was hard to see.  Next, just because a dance allows lifts, doesn't mean the whole dance needs to be lifts.   I agree with Len that the dance didn't really have an AT flavor, but I side-eye Len for all the praise he gave to Alexis/Alan for zero AT flavor.  The lifts were good but the actual dance moves were stiff and kind of clunky.  Two ATs tonight, a dance I love, and neither were any good!  Again, waaaay overscored!

Milo/Witney:  Very high energy.  I think the white sneakers may not have been a good choice.  I think he messed up at the very beginning but he corrected quickly.  But the bright white sneakers were distracting.  That score was deserved.

Mary Lou/Sasha:  very pretty.  I do wish they would turn on a light or two.  Not much else to say. 

Juan Pablo/Cheryl:  Another high energy dance.  His frame looked a bit wonky - his left arm kept coming down.  What's with these scores tonight?  Another overscore.  Strange dress design on Cheryl.

Evanna/Keo:  I wish Keo would tone down his own dancing just a bit to match his partner.  She seemed to have the right samba tempo, which is difficult. 

Bobby/Sharna:  Very rough around the edges but he's having soooo much fun!  Even Sharna seemed thrown off several times.  But he just makes me smile.  Flossing at the end?  Only Bobby!  "Brilliantly Bonkers" yes, I think that's a good description.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 7

I’m not going to lie.  I tuned out and watched some extreme tartar removal videos on YouTube.  Then there was the choice of watching smug, red eyed Kendall try to get some camera time, or watch a woman on YouTube change her colostomy bag.  I watched that.  I feel that would be more educational, and it was.  

Nancy and DeMarcus are pretty good I think.  Other than that, I checked out. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 4

I was surprised at how smooth John was. He’s so tall I expected a lot more awkwardness. 

I thought Tinahse and Brandon were so good but I also agreed with Len on the content. 

The utube girl does nothing for me.  And I still think Bobby is annoying.

Im still rooting for Nancy although I know she’s not long for the show but I threw in some votes for Tinashe and Evana. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 4

John's dance was really cute and fun :D! I liked that one. 

Tinashe was fantastic, too, and Milo and Witney-their timing was amazing. Very sharp. They really click well together. Also liked DeMarcus, Juan Pablo, and Evanna.

I was liking Bobby and Sharna's dance overall until that weird dance of his at the end. 

(On a non-dancing note, I can't hear 'New York, New York" anymore without thinking of my high school choir learning and performing that song before our school trip to New York. And then, when we were in New York, despite all the warnings from our teachers about trying to avoid acting like tourists and kinda blend in and things of that sort, when we were sitting around outside one day before we headed off to visit some part of the city, what song did we decide to sing at that moment? Yep. "New York, New York". Can't get any more tourist-y than that, I think :p.) 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3

Tinashe is gonna smash this season. She's not coming out smug or anything either like some of the fans usually say for her singer types. Brandon is giving me Mark/Derek vibes. I really think she's a finalist for sure.

I really wanna see Alexis' dance without the tutu issue. I think the 9 was to keep her safe, but she's a good dancer so I don't mind.

Evanna is coming out of her shell and I love it. I'm excited to see her grow and maybe she can be Keo's first semi-finals or even finals partner.

The boys weren't bad, but I found Juan Pablo and Milo a tad overscored.

Bobby is already on my last nerve.

• Love 10

I know Tinashe and Brandon have some enthusiastic fans here so I hesitate to even say I didn't care for the dance. I can appreciate good dancing but I like more traditional Argentine Tangos. 

John was the big surprise of the night for me. I didn't think he had that in him! I thought Charleston would be difficult for him. I threw some votes his way.

Mmmm that Juan Pablo is yummy. I loved the dance but noticed the frame issue Len pointed out. Weird that he ended up getting an 8 from him. Its early and there's room for improvement.

2nd week in a row DeMarcus and Lindsay were my favorites. I would love to see him get Lindsay her 2nd mirror ball.

Bobby is going to get on my nerves real fast. I'm curious to see how he controls himself with a more restrained dance me Vieness Waltz or Contemporary.

• Love 7

I think Milo may be my fave. I'm not going to say he's 100% winning at this point, but I could potentially see him winning.  He's a good mix of enthusiastic, really good dancer who can show growth, and entertaining personality.   Also Witney is gong on tour and I'd be shocked if Milo doesn't wind up going.

This was a really strong night of dancing for week 2.  Nobody was outright horrible.  I agree with those on the bottom of the scoring and I think the judges/TPTB are in a bit of a tough place with Danielle.  Obviously what she is doing is amazing and she deserves all the props, but dance wise she's not going to be able to keep up with the others.  Except maybe in a totally closed hold dance where Artem can pull her through.  Artem is doing a great job with her too.

Joe was better and I give him credit that he's really trying, but his dance felt like 10 seconds long compared to others and I'm not sure why.  It didn't feel like he did much?

I have nothing against Bobby but if I choreographed a dance for him, I'd be pretty annoyed if he starts throwing in his own choreography at the end, especially when it has no relation to the dance.  I'm sure his fans love it and if it's one time thing, then cool. But it's also sort of disrespectful towards your choreographer.

Everyone else was pretty damn good.  Nancy had a misstep or two, but not bad.  She's not a natural dancer by any means, but she also has potential for growth if her foot can hold out and she manages to bring out a not obnoxious side of Val.  Also I thought it was really nice that she spent much of the show giving Danielle a play by play of how everyone was doing and keeping her in the loop of what was happening.   

I bet the show wants Danielle there for most memorable year week but does she have enough of a fanbase to pull her through?  Even though Joe and Bobby are on the lower end of the scores, I'm sure they are in zero trouble.  Nancy may be in trouble if not enough fans rally around her.  She's very nice, but I'm not sure she's generating a lot of devoted fandom.  I think people like her because whats not to like, but people have other faves.

Oh, and how can I forget...they actually got Nancy in a non grandma decently flattering costume!  Yay!

Edited by spanana
  • Love 11

thank goodness there was someone with design sense costuming Nancy tonight. I thought she looked great and was happy to see she didn't look like Big Bird again. Nothing wrong with Big Bird...on Sesame Street, on DWTS, not so much.

I also liked Mary Lou's gown, it's sometimes hard to dress shorter, thicker in the middle women. I know, I am one, I also have 15 years on Mary Lou and Nancy. And I'm recovering from a broken foot this summer, so I feel for Nancy. I couldn't wear heels and dance. I just got out of the boot a couple of weeks ago.

I loved Milo's dance. And I always miss his mom in the audience, darn it. 

I liked the Swan Lake/Argentine Tango, it wasn't traditional, but it was pretty, except for the tutu issue, but I'm glad that didn't throw her.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good night of dancing, especially for week 2. The scores were high, it's not going to leave much room, they'll be breaking out the 10 paddles next week.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I loved Milo's dance. And I always miss his mom in the audience, darn it.

I missed her, too. I heard Tom say something like "and there's his mom..." but when I looked up the camera had already moved on.

I wasn't paying much attention to Joe's dance but Jenna's dress and their "scenery" were really pretty.

They're going to refer to him as "Grocery Store Joe" every time they mention his name, aren't they? It's getting old, already.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, spanana said:

Everyone else was pretty damn good.  Nancy had a misstep or two, but not bad.  She's not a natural dancer by any means, but she also has potential for growth if her foot can hold out and she manages to bring out a not obnoxious side of Val.  Also I thought it was really nice that she spent much of the show giving Danielle a play by play of how everyone was doing and keeping her in the loop of what was happening.   

This was a tiny thing in the grand scheme of the whole night, but if I could give that point 100 likes I could. I can't imagine how scary it is for Danielle to be up there in the celebrequarium with so much action and different people coming and going all the time. I noticed that Artem wasn't with her all the time.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

thank goodness there was someone with design sense costuming Nancy tonight. I thought she looked great and was happy to see she didn't look like Big Bird again. Nothing wrong with Big Bird...on Sesame Street, on DWTS, not so much.

I also liked Mary Lou's gown, it's sometimes hard to dress shorter, thicker in the middle women. I know, I am one, I also have 15 years on Mary Lou and Nancy. And I'm recovering from a broken foot this summer, so I feel for Nancy. I couldn't wear heels and dance. I just got out of the boot a couple of weeks ago.

Agreed on Nancy and Mary Lou's dresses tonight. They looked lovely. 

Sorry about your foot. That really sucks. Here's to as speedy a recovery as possible :). 

• Love 4

What in the ever lovin' fuck, Bobby?

Look, I get you were excited last week. You had a jive in week 1 to boot.

I would even forgive your little flossing antics if your dance had been, say, "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel, as it is more upbeat.

But there is no way in ever lovin' HELL that you can respectfully floss to Frank Sinatra. He is part of the Rat Pack. You respect Ol' Blue Eyes!

ETA: Milo is less than half your age, and twice as mature as you, Bobby.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 19

One thing I really hated when Maks went back and settled for Peta was that he would then only dance with her in pro numbers. Now they're doing the same with Val and Jenna. I know they do it with Emma and Sasha too but since they've been together as long as they've been on the show, I think they've pretty much always done that. But I would love to see Val dance with other pros like Sharna or Lindsay and not always be stuck watching him make googly eyes for the camera at Jenna, who never met a camera she didn't love.

They may be good but I'm just not connecting with Mary Lou, Tinashe, Evanna or Alexis and wouldn't mind seeing all of them go early. Others may not be as good but I'm enjoying them much more.

Nancy looked so much better this week but I found her old lady shoes so distracting. I'm sure they were because of her fractured foot but still.

John was a really nice surprise. I didn't expect much from him but hope he lasts a few more weeks.

I really want to see Danelle last too because the woman is trying as hard as she can at something that has to be so scary for her. Artem is doing a brilliant job. I would love to see him incorporate her guide dog into one of the routines like he did her cane.

I'm enjoying MIlo a lot, which I didn't expect. I'm loving DeMarcus and Juan Pablo, which I did expect. And Bobby.....he may not be the greatest dancer but he makes me smile every time he's on stage. That's what I watch TV for.....to be entertained.

I'm ready for Jenna and the Bachelor guy to go. In fact, I wouldn't mind not seeing Jenna again as a pro. But now that she's about to be Mrs. Val, I guess her place is cemented unfortunately.

• Love 3

Bobby is like Johnny Knoxville-lite. 

Quite a few ringers this year (as there always is, I guess). I like contestants more in the original spirit of the show, like John. 

I mean, some of these week two dances were as good as finale freestyles in other seasons.

• Love 8

I am not invested in this show anymore. When I saw some D-bag jumping around with Sharna and then Flossing at end because he can’t dance just sealed it. Thanks for that visual I’d rather remember good dancing 

• Love 3

Week Two, SNAP THOUGHTS!

DeMarcus, to be honest, I thought he might be a little better at these style dances....but there was something a little odd about his hold with Lindsay. Still, a pretty great effort in the lead off spot.

Danelle, Okay, I am all for her having an amazing time. However, there's everyone else (I'm being generous with Joe) and her. She walks slowly through so much of the dances. The second she leaves Artem it's unsteady or wobbly. IDK....I really wish she would've been let down gently last week (yes I'm still bitter that Nikki G. was one and done), and I'm thinking it happens in the double elimination tomorrow night.

John, You can see that he's such a performer. A stage veteran that isn't overwhelmed when it comes to the performance quality. It really does remind me of when Emma and Bill Engvall made an unlikely run to the finals...they have that kind of chemistry. This is a much tougher season though. **Complete and total tangent, if you watched Bill and Emma's season...you should seek out a comedy special of his on Ytube called "We Got the Stone". He details his time on DWTS hilariously.

Nancy, Sadly, by the end of the two hours the only thing I really remember about her was the foot fracture. I guess the dance was competent if not particularly memorable.

Alexis, Man I wanted to see this minus the wardrobe fail. She has an ability to create gorgeous lines and shapes with her body (the one overhead lift excepted). It was also fun to see her fangirl out when they facetimed with the ballerina. I'm fearful that Len breaking out the 9 really does signal with flashing lights that she is in jeopardy of getting swallowed up by the Double Elimination. I hope not, because I really want to see what Alan and her could come up with as the season goes on and she gains even more confidence.

Joe, Was it an improvement from last week? Yes...because he remembered the 20 steps Jenna included in the entire dance. Wow was that ever dumbed down. I know he won't, but please go away...

Tinashe, I wish Brandon (who I'm just not feeling at this point) would've taken a page from Val and Zendaya's AT. Something like that could've been smoking. As it was it was fine, but it just left me mostly cold. The lighting didn't help either.

Milo, Honestly I'm really surprised how much I'm liking Witney and him this season. He's having fun, he can really move and they don't seem to be taking themselves too seriously (which sometimes I think Witney can be a little bit guilty of). No issues that he's right up at the top of the leaderboard.

MLR, Still not watching.

Juan Pablo, He's fine. I wish I had more intense thoughts about him and Cheryl...but I don't really. My guess is he's at least Top 5 bound unless an injury would take him out early.

Evanna, I keep forgetting she's in the competition. In another season, she'd probably stand out more purely on dance ability (like top 4 ) but in this cast (with Keo too) she just blends into the middle of the pack.

Bobby, has a weird, coiled energy about him. Like I have a feeling one week the training is not going to go well and we might get some "drama" between Sharna and him. The more contained dances are not going to suit him well so I guess the best I can say is he made it through and toned it down some (for him at least). People at home will probably laugh at the flossing at the end, instead of side-eyeing it. He's not going anywhere until Top 6 if not farther...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 7

That was a pretty enjoyable evening.  It's so nice to have a season with nobody loathsome on it so I can actually watch for once.

Just a few specifics - Nancy's dress was such an improvement, but her makeup was really harsh.  She's one of those women who look better with a more natural face.  She seems very likeable. John is better than I expected, which I'm happy about because he's good scenery  and I hope he's around a while.  I'd never heard of Bobby Whosits before this show, and now I wish he'd go away immediately.  Can't he close his damn mouth?  He looks like a fish on speed, and he is about 99% less cute than he thinks he is.  I'm not familiar with a lot of the younger ones, but they're mostly enjoyable so far.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

Does Jenna have to be right in front for every group number? (Rhetorical question—we all know the answer already, but sheesh!) 

LOL she was always a camera hog, now being engaged to Val gives her some kind of famewhore privilege where they make it easy for her.

• Love 5

Liked the opening number (a rare experience).  

I think that was verbal confirmation that Robert Roldan is in the troupe - I should be excited because I have adored him previously, but I don't think Robert is a ballroom guy (as we discussed last week), he was playing to the camera like he was Jenna and he didn't stand out in a good way in that first bumper for some reason.

I want Tinashe to win -- she is a really entertaining dancer, but not Brandon.  Hmmm.  Good thing I'm not allowed to vote anymore or that might create problems for me.

Hated the Broadway version of "Natural Woman".

I think it's fair to say that this is a really strong dancing cast compared to usual.  Jenna danced around Joe like he was a stripper pole.

Don't like Bobby Bones' dance style and don't listen to him. Flossing was utterly stupid.

Val was adorable in that dance with Nancy.  I haven't felt that way about him in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

It astonishes me how much Keo's feet suck. He's a much better dancer when he's in a large group because then that pointy style of his emphasizes everybody else's moves, but when he's with a partner I can't see anything but his damn feet.  Is he double jointed in the middle of his foot or something?  

I'd like Tinashe to win, Milo second.  That was GREAT choreo from Witney (if it was hers) - just spot on and he danced like he owned that dance.

Also Cheryl and whoever that is were really lovely.  I do love that song though and that doesn't help one to stay unbiased.

Sharna gave a really weird look at the camera for just an instant before smiling when Tom said to vote for Bobby and Sharna to keep them in the competition.  Maybe she needs help.  Free Sharna!

• Love 7

Tinashe is giving maya vibes who wrongly lost to Donny Osmond. Brandon is new blood and is on fiyah, u can tell he so inspired by her, I love this couple

Evanna and Keo were my second fav tonight, she cameout and killed it and Keo is finally have a great season, I wish them well.

I did like Alexa and Alan's argentine tango and I didnt like it, its hard to explain but tinashe was way better, maybe because tinashe is a better performer than Alexa.

I love milo and witney charleston, he is the strongest from the males this season, imo.

Bobby needs to go tomorrow, along with Joe.

1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

LOL she was always a camera hog, now being engaged to Val gives her some kind of famewhore privilege where they make it easy for her.

Jenna and Val have zero chemistry, its almost unbelievable their engaged. He is not her type, I know this for a fact.

• Love 6

Grocery Store Joe stepped his way thru that routine but I’d give it a 6 for the final shot with the video backdrop seamlessly blending into the floor video.  The effect on TV was awesome.  It was really a moment befitting a better dance routine.

Go away Kendall.

• Love 6

Len clarified what many of us complain about Keo is that he too thinks Keo overdances around his partner to the point where she never shines.  Hopefully Keo keeps the memo for next week.

loved Tinashe!  Her energy is great and she is cute.  Brandon was throwing her around in lift practice and I was impressed with his strength.

add me to the list of people surprised with how well John is doing.  He is smoother than I thought he’d be.

Demarcus was also better than I thought he’d be as well on his frame, calmness and heel leads.  He’s either a quick learner or a natural.  He seems so controlled for a dude so large....he manages to look lighter than he is built.  That’s quite a feat!

• Love 4

I never thought in a million years I could dislike a partner of Sharna’s more than I did Bonner Bolton. Step forward Bobby Bones! Can DWTS make a mental note never to cast anymore males with the initials B.B?

• Love 16

John and Nancy - both dances were lovely.   I was rooting for them before the show started for nostalgia reasons but I actually find them both to be nice people with nice partnerships with their pros.  I realize neither will go all the way but I will watch as long as they are on.     I wish we could have a full season of Johns and Nancys (not necessarily an all older cast - but a cast that actually learning to dance along the way with little experience and a more even playing field - of course, that will never happen).   As for the rest of the dances, there were some good ones but I only really remember John and Nancy's.  Loved Tom in the recliner while Frankie and Jordon did the throw to commercial (but enough with the Jr. stuff).   Tom will always be the best part of this show for me.    Oh and Erin, quit making every interview you do about you, please? 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I did like Alexa and Alan's argentine tango and I didnt like it, its hard to explain but tinashe was way better, maybe because tinashe is a better performer than Alexa.

Both Alexis and Tinashe are good technical dancers. I do think Tinashe performs better than Alexis. I liked both of their Argentine tangoes for different reasons. I liked the concept of Alexis's dance better - a melding of ballet and Argentine tango, if you will. I think if Tinashe's Argentine tango had played up to its futuristic elements, the concept would have come off better to Len (think Derek and Joanna's futuristic Paso, for example). But the Argentine tango elements were shadowed by the lifts, IMO. 

That said, I think Tinashe executed the dance better - as the judges noted, Alexis's lifts were a weakness in her dance, as well as the wardrobe. They also noted that Tinashe had some great lifts.

• Love 2

So double elimination tomorrow.   I will be shocked if it isn’t Joe and Danielle.  Well, maybe not shocked, a girl with no feet made it to the finals and Joe has fans but I think they will take him out of his misery. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Wings said:

So double elimination tomorrow.   I will be shocked if it isn’t Joe and Danielle.  Well, maybe not shocked, a girl with no feet made it to the finals and Joe has fans but I think they will take him out of his misery. 

A girl with no feet?  Well, that’s still a better dancer than stiff, hunched Joe who tiptoes awkwardly around like he’s walking on glass and trying to suppress a shart. 

Look how stiff he is with his “GF”.  I don’t think Joe necessarily likes or is comfortable with the ladies.  

• Love 6

It should be Joe and Danielle going home but my money is on Joe sticking around at least another week or two just to annoy me. I worry for Evanna and Nancy though I bet Val’s fans can help pull Nancy through to another week. 

• Love 4

Milo looks like Ross Geller. Not an insult. He is adorable.

Tinashe. Poor girl. Dancing for Deplorables.

On that note, I wish John would go.

Poor Sharna. 

Demarcus is a nice combination of natural ability, enthusiasm and hard work.

• Love 4

Since I know its noway Joe is leaving this soon into the competition because bachelar nation fans want let him, I do wish Bobby leave in his place but im scared that want happen either. He is getting on my nerves. He is trying too hard to be funny and wild and its getting annoying. I thought it was disrespectful  of him messing with sharna's choreography like that at the end of the routine. Its like he is making this show and dance into a joke. 

• Love 6

Jenna and Val have zero chemistry, its almost unbelievable their engaged.

Actually, it's my view, based on watching married couples in movies, that if you don't have any screen chemistry, you are much more likely to have off-screen chemistry.  The first time I saw this was in some Steve Martin movie where his character had to fall in love with his actual wife.  Zip, zero chemistry.  I expect they thought it was a shoo-in, but in actuality it's all I remember from that movie.

Milo is going to be a seriously handsome adult when a ittle more of the childish presentation of a Disney Star wipes off.  He'd do well as a romantic lead in the Hallmark movies, f'r'instance.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, crowceilidh said:

Actually, it's my view, based on watching married couples in movies, that if you don't have any screen chemistry, you are much more likely to have off-screen chemistry.  The first time I saw this was in some Steve Martin movie where his character had to fall in love with his actual wife.  Zip, zero chemistry.  I expect they thought it was a shoo-in, but in actuality it's all I remember from that movie.

I remember on a Friends episode, Chandler knew his girlfriend was cheating on him because she had 0 on screen chemistry with the other actor. Joey told him to look out for that when watching actors together lol.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

It should be Joe and Danielle going home but my money is on Joe sticking around at least another week or two just to annoy me. I worry for Evanna and Nancy though I bet Val’s fans can help pull Nancy through to another week. 

Yep. Joe could literally fall on his face and Bachelor Nation will vote in droves. Its not even just so much because of The Bachelor fanbase itself but the fans seems to love him for some reason. Take a look at DWTS' Facebook or Instagram to get an idea how crazed they are. Scary! And its just annoying because I expect sooner than later he's going to outlast someone who's a much better dancer, ditto with Bobby.

• Love 5

The dances were better than last week across the board but the scores were far too high.

My favourite dances were Milo and Witney, Alexis and Alan and Tinashe and Brandon.

I don't know what exactly Brandon was supposed to do with that song to make the performance have the feel of an AT. That song was easily the worst thing I heard last night and I had to listen to the band and Taylor Swift. They danced it very well. I do wish they'd been given somewhat more traditional music so I could see them do something stronger.

Milo was great. The routine was challenging and he stepped up to it.

Alexis and Alan had the problem with the costume and the lifts weren't super strong but I thought the AT was pretty wonderful otherwise and I would hate to see her go home early just because she isn't as well known as the rest of the group.

I hated Bobby. Hated! Hated! It's week two and I was already done with him last week. Joe was also bad but I don't hate him. Talk to me when he's still here in a couple of weeks while better dancers go home. Danelle is struggling but also doing really well when you consider what must be happening in rehearsal to get her to where she's been every dance. I think her limit is here but again, I'd keep her over Bobby any day of the week.

I didn't get the hype for John's performance at all. His kicks looked so sloppy and there was barely any content, just a lot of characterization and acting.

DeMarcus got a little lost going first this week and Juan Pablo struggled so the early front runners took a hit.

Double eliminations are always so weird so I think we'll see at least one decent dancer go home tonight.

• Love 3

Actually, I thought the concept of Alexis and Alan's dance, but the execution seemed terrifically hesitant and sloppy to me.  I mean you could see that she has the body and extension to make a dancer, but I really thought it didn't work.  And I had trouble getting over the footgear (nice attempt and creative, but it just jarred and jarred).  It was a very Mark thing to do, so I welcome that.

• Love 5

My suspicion is that Danielle and Mary Lou will go in the double elimination. There's a possibility of Nancy going as well, but I do feel like all the male celebs are safe, especially Joe. I have no doubt Joe's lasting at least three more weeks. I'd be genuinely surprised if he gets eliminated soon. 

29 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Since I know its noway Joe is leaving this soon into the competition because bachelar nation fans want let him, I do wish Bobby leave in his place but im scared that want happen either. He is getting on my nerves. He is trying too hard to be funny and wild and its getting annoying. I thought it was disrespectful  of him messing with sharna's choreography like that at the end of the routine. Its like he is making this show and dance into a joke. 

I was rooting for Bobby before, but now I just want him to go. I'd actually rather John stay over Bobby, as John has a calmer personality but has way more potential. Bobby's treating the show like an absolute joke while John genuinely seems enthusiastic about the show. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Actually, I thought the concept of Alexis and Alan's dance, but the execution seemed terrifically hesitant and sloppy to me.  I mean you could see that she has the body and extension to make a dancer, but I really thought it didn't work.  And I had trouble getting over the footgear (nice attempt and creative, but it just jarred and jarred).  It was a very Mark thing to do, so I welcome that.

It was very sloppy, so im confused on Len of all people giving her 9. He clearly has favortism of alexia

• Love 2