Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

We all know MTV is footing the bill for Cate's "treatment", but I'm wondering if it comes to her after care that MTV expects Cate to take care of that on her dime....which would explain why she doesn't actively stick with it.  Also....I thought Cate wanted her dam horse the last time she left "treatment" so she could jump on the horse and go for a ride whenever she felt another panic attack...what Happened?  I guess going for a horse ride is not going to bring the same amount of attention as vocalizing your  desire to commit suicide.  

Lol- good memory @Caracoa1. I had to find the video-it's full of Cate's B.S. and Tyler actually makes sense.

cost-vert.jpg

ridepanic-vert.jpg

Edited by druzy
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, druzy said:

His narration reminds me of my sister-in-law when she went to stay with my mom when my dad was hospitalized after a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm that almost killed him.  She was kickin' back in my parent's den, blabbing about how great it was being there and how she really needed to get away from her home/responsibilities for a while.  Meanwhile, my dad's in the hospital and my mom is making all of my sister-in-law's meals, etc.  Totally clueless.

• Love 10

I thought Catelynn’s dad was long gone I don’t remember seeing him before until a recent episode. Now he’s all over SM. What a loser. It almost makes me feel bad for Catelynn.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

We all know MTV is footing the bill for Cate's "treatment", but I'm wondering if it comes to her after care that MTV expects Cate to take care of that on her dime....which would explain why she doesn't actively stick with it.  Also....I thought Cate wanted her dam horse the last time she left "treatment" so she could jump on the horse and go for a ride whenever she felt another panic attack...what Happened?  I guess going for a horse ride is not going to bring the same amount of attention as vocalizing your  desire to commit suicide.  

I wonder if MTV provides health insurance for the Teen Moms as a form of completion insurance for MTV. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, druzy said:

Hey guys- while visiting Cate in rehab MTV hooked Cate's dad up with this beauty

This guy is basic trailer trash and doesn’t seem to have any money (that amazing casita is like 2 1/2 stars, max). Why are 11,500 people following him?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I wonder if MTV provides health insurance for the Teen Moms as a form of completion insurance for MTV. 

They are independent contractors for Viacom. No health insurance. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

They are independent contractors for Viacom. No health insurance. 

That doesn’t preclude MTV from providing health insurance. It’s in MTV’s interest for the dimwits to be alive and in reasonable health, and the dimwits can’t really be trusted to arrange insurance for themselves. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

That doesn’t preclude MTV from providing health insurance. It’s in MTV’s interest for the dimwits to be alive and in reasonable health, and the dimwits can’t really be trusted to arrange insurance for themselves. 

I just don't see MTV or any other company ensuring these people are covered. They sure don't concern themselves with ensuring the children are not being abused or neglected. They don't report any criminal acts committed in the presence of the children to CPS or any other entity. MTV doesn't help the cast members by providing a financial advisor. The cast members are notorious for having failed to pay their taxes on their income. These are adult people. As much as MTV coddles them in other areas, they are not required to pay for or offer them health insurance. The health of the majority of these people are pretty damn questionable. Even if they were given health insurance, no one is taking advantage of it. MTV pays for rehab because it gives them ratings to have these storylines. MTV doesn't even provide trust funds for the kids. That money is given to the parents. That is why Amber was court-ordered to set up a college fund for Leah because she was blowing through her money. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I just don't see MTV or any other company ensuring these people are covered. They sure don't concern themselves with ensuring the children are not being abused or neglected. They don't report any criminal acts committed in the presence of the children to CPS or any other entity. MTV doesn't help the cast members by providing a financial advisor. The cast members are notorious for having failed to pay their taxes on their income. These are adult people. As much as MTV coddles them in other areas, they are not required to pay for or offer them health insurance. The health of the majority of these people are pretty damn questionable. Even if they were given health insurance, no one is taking advantage of it. MTV pays for rehab because it gives them ratings to have these storylines. MTV doesn't even provide trust funds for the kids. That money is given to the parents. That is why Amber was court-ordered to set up a college fund for Leah because she was blowing through her money. 

If MTV provides insurance for the dimwits, it’s not really for the dimwits, it’s for MTV. 

I'm sure an independent financial advisor for the dimwits is anathema to MTV. MTV likes it’s stars to be as dependent on MTV as possible (within reason). 

“Alive but not any wiser” is the state, I think, that Viacom wants the OGs to be in. 

I think there might be some TM OG & TM 2 people, including exes, seconded for 6 months to a year to get them Ex on The Beach ready. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

They sure don't concern themselves with ensuring the children are not being abused or neglected. They don't report any criminal acts committed in the presence of the children to CPS or any other entity. 

MTV provided homeschooling/set tutors for Mowgli, and stuck to their guns that no set tutor meant mowgli couldn’t participate in anything taped, and couldn’t be around when footage Farrah was taping for MTV. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

If MTV provides insurance for the dimwits, it’s not really for the dimwits, it’s for MTV. 

I will stick with my guns that they don't provide it. I don't see MTV caring at all about covering their ass. They sure didn't care one iota about Ryan and Leah driving under the influence of drugs while on camera. It seems to me if MTV was concerned, filming them as they commit a crime on a public road while putting other drivers in danger, would be the last thing they would allow. 

Going by a few instances where things were mentioned or alluded to by various cast members over the seasons through interviews, Q&As, it doesn't seem health insurance is offered or given to the cast members. 

I recall just two seasons ago Kail was pissed off at Javi for demanding she pay for Lincoln's health insurance after their divorce. She later said somewhere that she didn't have any health insurance and how it should come from him since he had benefits from the military. Which was her big selling point when she hooked up with him and pushed him into choosing the military as a career so she could acquire his benefits. 

3 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

MTV provided homeschooling/set tutors for Mowgli, and stuck to their guns that no set tutor meant mowgli couldn’t participate in anything taped, and couldn’t be around when footage Farrah was taping for MTV. 

That's because it was filmed in California. We have rules like that here. Other states vary. Also, Sophia is not enrolled in school like the other children on the show. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

Poor Nova has souch to overcome in the years ahead having these two famewhores as parents.  In 10 years some cruel kid is going to post this to Nova's classmates and embarrass the poor kid.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

I’m amused that I see ads for equine nutrition in the Cate thread. 

Whatever we post here tends to bring up certain ads. I have ad blocker so I don't have to see those ads anymore.

Are you new here? Welcome. 

4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Poor Nova has souch to overcome in the years ahead having these two famewhores as parents.  In 10 years some cruel kid is going to post this to Nova's classmates and embarrass the poor kid.

Who knows how many more cringe-worthy photos will be posted until then. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Are you new here? Welcome. 

Newish. Just haven’t been posting a lot. But I’ve gotten drawn back into the TM franchise to the point I’ve been watching the old stuff on Amazon. No doubt I’ll be snarking here occasionally. Thanks!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

Newish. Just haven’t been posting a lot. But I’ve gotten drawn back into the TM franchise to the point I’ve been watching the old stuff on Amazon. No doubt I’ll be snarking here occasionally. Thanks!

Look forward to the snark! Enjoy. 

• Love 5
On 3/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, druzy said:

No he is not the father.

cateweb.png

12 hours ago, druzy said:

'Teen Mom' Catelynn Lowell saved sister Sarah Haviland from drug addict through adoption

ETA:  Sarah lived with Cate and Tyler but I don't think Cate adopted her.

From Cate and Tyler's Facebook Fan Page:

sib.png

I'm so confused about this half-brother Andrew that is older than Cate. She says she didn't know about him until she was 13.  He's not listed under April's kids...so is he her dad's kid? Why didn't she know about him until age 13?  Did Cate's dad not know until then as well?  Who is his mom? Was he placed for adoption or just raised by his mother without the family knowing? I have so many questions.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

NO. MORE. AMBERS!!!

I have known one Amber in my 35 years of life and I think I've taught one Amber in thousands of college aged students.  

Is it/was it a super popular name in Michigan or something? Or in would-be-teen-mom circles? (No offense to anyone named Amber. It's a perfectly fine name. I just had no idea it as popular as this show makes it seem.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm so confused about this half-brother Andrew that is older than Cate. She says she didn't know about him until she was 13.  He's not listed under April's kids...so is he her dad's kid? Why didn't she know about him until age 13?  Did Cate's dad not know until then as well?  Who is his mom? Was he placed for adoption or just raised by his mother without the family knowing? I have so many questions.

I have known one Amber in my 35 years of life and I think I've taught one Amber in thousands of college aged students.  

Is it/was it a super popular name in Michigan or something? Or in would-be-teen-mom circles? (No offense to anyone named Amber. It's a perfectly fine name. I just had no idea it as popular as this show makes it seem.)

I’ve met 2 Ambers in my 36 yrs lol, and the best part is, that I met the 2nd one thru the first one they’re SIL’s ? 

i live in CA btw, maybe it’s more popular in Michigan. But it’s almost like where there’s 1 amber, there’s another one really close by. 

Edited by JuliesMommy
I forgot to mention
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, Emkat said:

April has another daughter? Do they ever talk about this Sarah? Is she with her dad somewhere?

I think that in the Being Catelynn special that aired before TM came back as TMOG, Sarah was living with C&T and Cate maybe even had legal guardianship of her???? Or I'm confused....

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Re Andrew: David Lowell denied paternity but a court ordered DNA test later proved otherwise. Let me know if this link doesn't work.

4 hours ago, Emkat said:

April has another daughter? Do they ever talk about this Sarah? Is she with her dad somewhere?

This is what I know so far:

David Lowell- Cate's dad

David Haviland- Sarah's dad

Still looking-Nike's dad

More info to come...

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think we’re about the same age but I don’t know where you grew up or what socioeconomic level... I’m not sure how to put this nicely, but... Amber is a white trash name. I grew up in several different states (none were Michigan but one was close) and knew a few Ambers in each place. They were typically not from great home environments (not their fault, of course).

I’ve heard something about semi-precious materials making for popular trashy names: Amber, Crystal, Heather, Ginger, etc. Kinda mean but...? ? (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WITH THESE NAMES. I share first and middle names with THREE people in the Duggar world so we’re all in this together!!!)

• Love 12
13 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

It could just be a fluke. I have a not very common Greek name; the male form of my name is quite rare. I used to work in Germany and there were only two Greeks in my department - me and a guy with the male form of my name. None of our collegues believed that these were uncommon names. 

• Love 1
On 3/23/2018 at 3:20 PM, druzy said:

I REALLY didn't want to say it, but I slept on it and the photo of Nova still bothers me.

Those hearts look like pasties.

Honest to God, that was my first thought: pasties. 

It's just freakin' sad.

It's almost as sad as her lying down on the ground at Cate's treatment center spa. Instead of being a camera whore, especially since he wasn't needed there, Tyler should've been back at the rental house, parenting his daughter, which means remembering the time difference and recognizing that Nova needed a nap/some quiet resting time by herself. (I read that not all toddlers take naps every single day, but it's important that they're on a nap schedule & that the schedule is kept as consistent as possible. The article mentioned that toddlers still need to be in their bed for X amount of time to rest, decompress, chill out and most important, stay on their schedule.)

Edited by Bridget
I left out some words. Didn’t want to eat Word Salad for dinner!
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, druzy said:

Did B&T want April to stay away from Carly at the wedding?

carly.png

I don't think so. I think it was only Butch that was supposed to not talk to Carly (and did). I think we saw April talk to Carly briefly (Carly's face wasn't shown) and I don't remember T&C saying B& T said that April couldn't talk to Carly.  

I think B&T's concerns with Butch were because of his criminal record/domestic abuse issues rather than his views on the adoption at the time.  Since April has allegedly been living a (more) sober life devoid of recent criminal incidents, T&C didn't see her as a problem (as she has also come around to accepting the adoption/apologizing for her behavior...at least in comparison to how she acted in the beginning).  I guess April seems like slightly less of a loose cannon/violent offender/addict than Butch, so they were okay with it.  I think Butch was fresh out of serving a jail sentence from beating April when the wedding happened as well, so his violent/criminal past was probably very fresh on their minds. 

I think the day before the wedding, C&T's families (minus Butch) even spent some time with Carly and her family (like at the beach or something). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Butch was fresh out of serving a jail sentence from beating April when the wedding happened as well, so his violent/criminal past was probably very fresh on their minds

I think you’re right, I think there was even a question if he would be able to attend the wedding because it was that close to the wedding... and then there was that awkward moment at the bachelor party strip club where he wanted a bj because he had been in prison.

• Love 5

Isn't that a positive message to start the day?  No wonder she is depressed if she starts her day with that attitude.  I think out of curiousity I will keep up with the final details on the Ryan drama, and then need to let the Teen Mom shows go.  It is a bit much to watch these shows with much of the cast either delusional or with such poor attitudes--and they get paid for it (with the exception of Chelsea who seems to be pretty happy).  I will just live vicariously through the threads here.

Edited by alexa
  • Love 9