Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, leighroda said:

I’m catching up on this thread so my reaction is a little late... but I just need to say one thing.

it is not my place to judge Cate’s mental state... she left 4 days early, I don’t know her treatment plan, I don’t know if that would be truly detrimental... BUT what I do know is that she has been in an inpatient treatment program for almost 3 months give or take with the times between treatments. At that point normally I’d say 4 days isn’t a huge deal... except that I believe it was the second time that she went back inpart because she had left early the first time. Not only is she coming and going as she pleases but once again it doesn’t seem like she is doing anything as far as after care is concerned. Again, I don’t know that for a fact but when they are so vocal about the whole process and have tweeted every step up until now, I can only deduce that by not showing anything they aren’t doing it. It just pisses me off that she’s giving all these interviews and posting platitudes when she’s barely been out for a week, and does not seem to be doing anything to prevent this from happening again. 

Up until now my opinion has been if she needs help then by all means get it and I’ve been reluctant to say much because then everyone gets all “you don’t know what it’s like to have depression” or whatever the issue of the week is... and yes I can understand the miscarriage was likely traumatic so I’m not going to hate on that... but if she goes in again I’m sorry but I am not going to be quite so understanding. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things... probably not I can’t imagine she is too concerned with my feelings... but it’s going to be no holds barred, I’m not keeping it pc anymore because I’m tired of her holding herself up as a mental health expert when she does the bare minimum of her own treatment.

Agree to everything. Especially to the bolded part in your post. 

Many have dealt with depression and do know what it is all about and what it entails. Even if someone doesn't know or has never dealt with it, common sense comes into play. When Cate goes in and out of rehab and does the same thing over such as leaving treatment early, not following a professional's orders, choosing Boogie Town meds over prescription meds while falling into the same erratic patterns and troublesome behavior, and then publicizes it to the world via social media and on television, sorry, but your ass will be scrutinized, judged, examined, and put under a microscope. People won't be kind and will lose sympathy for her over time, if they haven't already.

I lost sympathy for her long ago. That doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for what she endured growing up and it doesn't mean I don't know squat about depression. 

Catelynn has been given a silver platter of the best treatment possible and she pisses on it. Maybe she needs a good old-fashioned treatment center where they don't coddle you and give you five star meals. 

3 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Oh, girl, you are GOING TO HELL for that one, LOL

*enjoying a cool drink in Hell.* 

Come join me. ;-) 

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Catelynn has been given a silver platter of the best treatment possible and she pisses on it. Maybe she needs a good old-fashioned treatment center where they don't coddle you and give you five star meals. 

Truer words were never spoken.

• Love 15
On 3/7/2018 at 7:17 PM, CofCinci said:

My ex-husband and I owned a historic home together when we are married. It was a lot of work but it was something we both enjoyed doing together. I couldn’t imagine trying to renovate the house if we both weren’t working on the project together and had a shared vision.  Catelynn is a depressed lump.  The only time we’ve seen a spark of personality was when she was going to get high in Boogietown with her piece of shit mother.  Tyler is going to explode with resentment soon. 

Okay I have to go back to his ridiculous tweet here (even though it’s not showing up in this quote). I cannot WAIT to see what kind of Pee-Wee’s Playhouse with Special Guest Nicole Curtis as Miss Yvonne design catastrophe he comes up with, but I can guarantee his “historic home research” will be conducted entirely on that renowned academic database known as Pinterest. Corbels! He’s gonna use corbels, y’all! I may have to break down and follow this goober on social media. 

Oh and Tyler? The word is addictive, not “addicting.” You might have learned that in social working school. 

Call me when you retrofit a Prairie School hearth (complete with Welsh inscriptions!) and a mid-century indoor planter into your Crunch Wrap Estate! I heard they call it ECLECTIC. 

• Love 12

Tyler: "It's the first time I was able to design the WHOLE COLLECTION myself."

It's the first time I was able to design the WHOLE COLLECTION myself because my wife was away at rehab pissing away her treatment. 

• Love 13

The only thing I like is the star fabric for the tank top and the shorts.  Since we can't see the designs in full, I'm guess they will add some fringe the shorts and tank in black pleather or something.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, monicageller said:

I like the vintage floral print in the top right corner, and I like the blue solid paired with it.  The 3rd lacey swatch with it isn't as pretty and I'm wondering what he is using that for.  To me, it makes it seem too busy and just "too much."  That's really a complaint I have about most clothes, shoes and purses these days though.  The designers don't know when to stop and they keep adding bullshit and embellishments that kind of ruin it.   

I do love vintage floral prints accented with a solid to bring out a highlight in the floral.  I have to give Tyler props for that, but I think he is getting his ideas from The Pioneer Woman. lol

Edited to add:  I learned how to use solids to accent florals and other printed fabrics by watching my grandmothers quilt.  Those ladies were experts at it.

Edited by AirQuotes
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, monicageller said:

50 yards of fabric for a product that uses 3/4 of a yard for each item will yield 66 items. No wonder he sells out.

What the fuck is he planning to do with that flowery lacy shit? 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

50 yards of fabric for a product that uses 3/4 of a yard for each item will yield 66 items. No wonder he sells out.

What the fuck is he planning to do with that flowery lacy shit? 

Wear it when he finally moves to New Orleans?

• Love 18
47 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Where is the "I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn't" meme when you need it?

I just did an image search for "I caaaan't" and this came up-

raw&sp=d741d973866cb1b9fc22691d3ed0f947

I love this because Ramona & Bethenny are BOTH me when I watch this show (or TM2). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

WTH? 

Where did those texts come from?

Facebook. There was a Facebook War (is that what the kids are calling it these days?) earlier. Billywade (his spelling not mine) AKA Ankle Bracelet Billy, was introduced on last night's episode.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Facebook. There was a Facebook War (is that what the kids are calling it these days?) earlier. Billywade (his spelling not mine) AKA Ankle Bracelet Billy, was introduced on last night's episode.

Oh, stupid me. I didn't realize they were Facebook posts. I thought they were texts. See, this is why I hate using my phone. My PC won't be ready until tomorrow. ?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh, stupid me. I didn't realize they were Facebook posts. I thought they were texts. See, this is why I hate using my phone. My PC won't be ready until tomorrow. ?

I feel for you! I only use my phone to post when I'm getting my roots done :)

On topic-I think Tyler's sister married Billywade.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I feel for you! I only use my phone to post when I'm getting my roots done :)

On topic-I think Tyler's sister married Billywade.

He is the next UBT.☠

Yeah, I use my phone to post and "like" when I am in a waiting room.

• Love 8
On 3/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, druzy said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

As someone who does have PTSS, she is the last person I would ever listen or talk to about living with or managing that diagnosis!

Is she now an expert in PTSS (it's not a disorder; it's a syndrome) and trauma?

I don't doubt she's experienced one or both of those things, but my instant reaction was "take the new vocabulary you learned at the spa in Arizona and use it to treat yourself!" 

She doesn't even know about the correct name/acronym of what she was diagnosed with! She needs to stop with the hash tags & name dropping of some very serious issues and keep some freakin things to herself. (I know, I know.)

Didn't anyone in AZ remind her that she's not the national spokesperson for anything, especially when she has just been diagnosed with certain things herself and hasn't even managed her own health care with the things she's known about for a long time? Now she's got a few more things to use as excuses for why she can't get off of her arse and teach her toddler to talk. I wonder if anyone at the spa used specific footage or examples from the show to help her identify or recognize her struggles? Probably not, but just throwing it out there!

Yes, I went there!

I have the closed captions turned on when I watch certain shows because the people/characters either speak 1828355 words per minute (Felicity on "Arrow") or because I cannot understand a single word due so many crimes against the English language or several people always talking OVER one another(Teen Mom). When Nova was "talking" this week, the CCs even read "inaudible" during certain scenes. 

(I had ulnar nerve transposition surgery last Tuesday, so my post-op pain has made me extra snarky! Of course it was my R arm and I'm right handed. Have been in a soft cast & splint that has my elbow stabilized at 45 degrees, so it's been an interesting week of only having one hand/arm to use and trying to stay comfortable. It was also my first time ever having surgery & I pray that it's my last.)

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Bridget said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

As someone who does have PTSS, she is the last person I would ever listen or talk to about living with or managing that diagnosis!

I don't doubt she's experienced one or both of those things, but my instant reaction was "take the new vocabulary you learned at the spa in Arizona and use it to treat yourself!" 

She doesn't even know about the correct name/acronym of what she was diagnosed with! She needs to stop with the hash tags & name dropping of some very serious issues and keep some freakin things to herself. (I know, I know.)

Didn't anyone in AZ remind her that she's not the national spokesperson for anything, especially when she has just been diagnosed with certain things herself and hasn't even managed her own health care with the things she's known about for a long time? Now she's got a few more things to use as excuses for why she can't get off of her arse and teach her toddler to talk. I wonder if anyone at the spa used specific footage or examples from the show to help her identify or recognize her struggles? Probably not, but just throwing it out there!

Yes, I went there!

I have the closed captions turned on when I watch certain shows because the people/characters either speak 1828355 words per minute (Felicity on "Arrow") or because I cannot understand a single word due so many crimes against the English language or several people always talking OVER one another(Teen Mom). When Nova was "talking" this week, the CCs even read "inaudible" during certain scenes. 

(I had ulnar nerve transposition surgery last Tuesday, so my post-op pain has made me extra snarky! Of course it was my R arm and I'm right handed. Have been in a soft cast & splint that has my elbow stabilized at 45 degrees, so it's been an interesting week of only having one hand/arm to use and trying to stay comfortable. It was also my first time ever having surgery & I pray that it's my last.)

I'm right there with you! 

Sorry to hear about your arm. I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Cate's inspirational Instagram post of the day:

catein.png

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

Yes, I went there!

Get well soon, girlfriend! You must be hurting. Take care of yourself. 

I hear you on Catelynn having more excuses added to her long laundry list of issues. She reminds me of Jenelle when she was claiming to have 46,642,378 symptoms of various disorders and diseases. 

Yes, go there! I will be right behind you! 

• Love 7
On 3/9/2018 at 8:21 PM, GreatKazu said:

Not only is she coming and going as she pleases but once again it doesn’t seem like she is doing anything as far as after care is concerned.

I am in a support group for people with bipolar disorder.  I can't tell you the number of people I have met who have been turned away from a mental hospital because of no funds, no available beds, not enough doctors and nurses to take on new cases, etc.

Doug Hopkins, founder of The Gin Blossoms, was a brilliant guy.  He was also a raging alcoholic who suffered from horrific, crippling depression (he was kicked out of the band because of this).  He tried to find a hospital in the Phoenix area that would give him a bed.  He tried so hard.  He made phone calls, and we know that he went to the lobby of St. Luke's to beg for a bed.  He was thwarted at each place.  He knew he needed inpatient help, but he couldn't find it.  There was no room at the inns, literally.  He went home that evening and shot himself.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

Plus NuCate is patiently waiting for your next breakdown. 

Damn it, I keep forgetting about NuCate. But seriously, how shallow is the dating pool in Nowhere, MIchigan that TyTy is a catch? 

10 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I am in a support group for people with bipolar disorder.  I can't tell you the number of people I have met who have been turned away from a mental hospital because of no funds, no available beds, not enough doctors and nurses to take on new cases, etc.

Doug Hopkins, founder of The Gin Blossoms, was a brilliant guy.  He was also a raging alcoholic who suffered from horrific, crippling depression (he was kicked out of the band because of this).  He tried to find a hospital in the Phoenix area that would give him a bed.  He tried so hard.  He made phone calls, and we know that he went to the lobby of St. Luke's to beg for a bed.  He was thwarted at each place.  He knew he needed inpatient help, but he couldn't find it.  There was no room at the inns, literally.  He went home that evening and shot himself.

And now Cate is/was/will soon be again using a bed and resources that someone who might really need the help can't get. I know she's seen some trauma, but doesn't healing require some in-depth reflection, which was all know she will never do?

• Love 11

I believe Cate did experience a traumatic childhood but where is her awareness about Nova???  Nova spends most of her time with Cate's abuser ~ her mother April.  Butch was also abusive towards her and they leave him as the babysitter from time to time.

I seriously do not get that aspect of her bullshit!  How can you go on and on well into adulthood crying about your abusive/traumatic childhood but send your toddler to your abusers?!? WTF!

Edited by AirQuotes
  • Love 20

I didn’t snark on cate last episode because I truly felt bad for her and wanted to give the benefit of the doubt that she really needed help, however I honestly felt so much fucking anger towards her on this weeks episode. After seeing little nova cry wanting her mom, and knowing what we all know now that she left treatment early, isn’t in any after care program, tells me that she truly doesn’t give a fuck about getting better. This bitch will continue to jump up and leave her family to go on another vacation/rehab stint to continue to avoid any responsibility. As a person who deals with anxiety myself and some mental health issues AND has a 7 year old daughter, all I want to say to her is “bitch, get your shit together!” 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I want to hack into all these people's phones and set their autocorrect to change "seen" to "saw," and if they try to override it their phone will self-destruct.

I’m guilty of using the word seen.?

I used it in past tense, though. Have I been sounding like a bonehead all of this time? ? 

Edited by Calm81
Had to explain how I use it lol
  • Love 2

Might sound rude but I'm sick of Cate and her excuses. She has all the money in the world many people like her would want. She does not do shit. She can get therapy and real rehab but she treats it like a game. I think she does nt wabt to get better because then she might have to leave Tyler. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I used it in past tense, though. Have I been sounding like a bonehead all of this time? ? 

It depends on the circumstances, but seen can be right. As in "I've already seen that movie." And saw is "I saw them together yesterday."

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Calm81 said:

You’re not a bonehead! It’s incorrect the way they use it but it’s pretty common.

The way to know is: if you use a helping word with it, it’s seen (“I have seen the movie Clueless over 200 times.” / “If Catelynn had seen how her life would turn out, would she have made better choices?”). This is “past perfect” tense.

If the word right before is the person doing it, it’s saw (“I saw Kenny Chesney at Target last night.” “When Tyler saw his sister in his house, he hid in the stinky merchandise room.”). This is just plain past tense. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

You’re not a bonehead! It’s incorrect the way they use it but it’s pretty common.

The way to know is: if you use a helping word with it, it’s seen (“I have seen the movie Clueless over 200 times.” / “If Catelynn had seen how her life would turn out, would she have made better choices?”). This is “past perfect” tense.

If the word right before is the person doing it, it’s saw (“I saw Kenny Chesney at Target last night.” “When Tyler saw his sister in his house, he hid in the stinky merchandise room.”). This is just plain past tense. 

I am constantly correcting my husband about this matter. I think it is a losing battle.

6 hours ago, Darknight said:

Might sound rude but I'm sick of Cate and her excuses. She has all the money in the world many people like her would want. She does not do shit. She can get therapy and real rehab but she treats it like a game. I think she does nt wabt to get better because then she might have to leave Tyler. 

True. And chances are she is not being truthful about her issues and her inner feelings about her fears regarding Tyler. I think she also uses the need for rehab much like how some people make fake claims about wanting to kill themselves as a way to control others. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6