Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, leighroda said:

I don’t think you were cold, it’s a hard truth. It’s frowned upon to be critical of someone who has mental health issues, and while I agree that it’s not always the persons fault (and I say that as someone who has struggled with mental health) it’s not always doing anyone any favors to handle them with kid gloves. I think Cates situation is a perfect example of that, in November when she first announced getting treatment while most of us did think there were better ways to handle it over SM, I think the majority were happy she was getting help and willing to cut her a break... then she left early and possibly Ill advised (we don’t really know what happened there)  lots of people cut her a break saying it was the holidays and that would be a hard time to be away from family... fine. So then she goes back, again people were a little more skeptical, but overall supportive that maybe she would get the treatment she needs, as far as we know she stayed the appropriate amount of time, but it seems like she may not have taken care of herself from an aftercare perspective (this is just my own speculation as I am not privy to what she did/didn’t do). So here we are at third times a charm to the tune of $50,000, plus a strain on the other people in her life, and more people are skeptical than hopeful (or so it seems) but it’s not politically correct to doubt it or be critical... if Cate isn’t going to take this recovery seriously, then why should I? She was barely out for 2 weeks, it seems like the next step should have been to implement aftercare, not start the program over. I’m not a Tyler fan, but I would be pissed if I were him, even a 100% healthy person would likely have a hard time being fully supportive while Cate dips in and out of treatment, and I don’t believe Tyler is 100% healthy. 

Sure, Cate may need treatment to be able to care for herself and her family, I can support that... but it shouldn’t be at the detriment of the rest of her family, she was barely home before she took off again, so while again, I don’t know what she did/didn’t do in that time, it doesn’t really seem like she gave any of it much of a try, most things done to treat mental health take time and hard work, so you aren’t going to wake up the next day and feel better, you have to push through and work, even when you feel like it isn’t working.

Anyway, I went on a tangent, but my original point was that Cate needs to hear and know that this is hard on everyone else almost as much as herself, she’s not the only one effected... it’s not a fun thing to hear but it’s the truth, she has to do the work to get better. On one hand I get why people naturally want to protect the person getting treatment or with the issue, but having been on both sides of the issue (being in treatment and being a nurse) it’s become taboo to say anything negative in regards to mental health, but it isn’t a black and white issue and I think as a whole society might have swung too far the other way when it comes to excusing everyone’s behavior when it comes to mental illness.

I agree with this but wonder if Tyler has some pretty severe issues of his own. To me it seems like he really has a deep seated NEED, not just desire, for approval. I wonder if he's just burying his own problems for Cate's sake, which is an issue in and of itself, or if he's using them to hide behind. I would assume a bit of both. If you're always having to care for Cate, it really sucks, but if you're always getting compared to her, you also always look good in contrast. Could he be in an equal partnership? 

I really think the only way either of them will heal is through time apart. They've made a habit out of wasting money. MTV throws funding at them for "treatments" and passion projects that they could have used to quietly go to decent therapy in their areas (not resorts), gather their wits about them and work a local job for a while (not "design" clothing in a manic state, renovate an unnecessarily elaborate home or host an adoption-themed special). In separate houses.

That's honestly what I wish for both of them. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

I hate when trash like Tyler, who barely graduated from high school, somehow think he knows more about medication and how it works than doctors. Yes, Tyler, your mind should be able to slow down enough to sleep but your already slow brain is not doing that because you’re too hyped on fringy outfits. You can take a non-addictive sleeping pill and sleep so that your body is rested. You don’t even have to take it long term. Just until your body gets regulated again.

Or continue to bitch about your problems. Nobody cares.

How in the world did Cait’s keys fall out of her yeast infection tight jeans?

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 3

I take Melatonin or Benadryl to help me sleep.

Agree @Meatball. Tyler always acts as if he knows it all. It was exhausting hearing him speed talk to Kim. He was nice to everyone at the photoshoot, but he was aggravated with Nova and Cate. 

It looked like Cate had her keys dangling on her backpack.

13 hours ago, Meatball said:

I hate when trash like Tyler, who barely graduated from high school, somehow thinks he knows more about medication and how it works than doctors.

This.  And it frightens me that he and Cate and Amber are all suddenly about "mental health awareness."   I shudder to think of the damage that they will collectively do to the cause via Twitter alone.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Tyler always acts as if he knows it all. It was exhausting hearing him speed talk to Kim. He was nice to everyone at the photoshoot, but he was aggravated with Nova and Cate. 

THIS!!!!

My daughter is autistic and has to take something to help her sleep, her brain just doesn't stop on it's own. And the whole time I wanted to slap the crap out of him. Also watching how he was with both Cate and Nova was horrible, and I kid you not I leaned over and gave my husband a huge hug and thanked him for being him (He then asked me what I meant and I had to expalin what I was watching! You guys should have seen his face). I get it that he's tired, but he didn't bite at anyone else like he did those two. 

• Love 1

I think Tyler is jealous of the sympathy Catelynn is getting from their groupies, so he's creating his own malady that he can discuss with his mommy on camera Ad nauseam.

Can't sleep at night?  Take a fucking sleep aid or STFU about it.  Don't pontificate about how your brain responds to meds -- you're not that bright.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree with this but wonder if Tyler has some pretty severe issues of his own. To me it seems like he really has a deep seated NEED, not just desire, for approval. I wonder if he's just burying his own problems for Cate's sake, which is an issue in and of itself, or if he's using them to hide behind. I would assume a bit of both. If you're always having to care for Cate, it really sucks, but if you're always getting compared to her, you also always look good in contrast. Could he be in an equal partnership? 

This. I think Tyler has his own issues, but because of Cate's problems, he has to be the strong one. I bet with his dad being in and out of jail his entire childhood, he often had to fill that roll for his mom and sister. I'm sure he's worn the fuck out of from all of that. I think he may really want to work on his problems, but Cate gives him no support in that arena. It's all about her, and there's no way she could hold down the fort if HE went off for treatment. 

I actually understood Tyler's hesitance to use pills to help him sleep. His description of how medication works was crazy and made me laugh, BUT.....I am one of those people who will try every natural route first before I'll resort to an RX of some sort. There IS a potential for addiction and abuse; and I think Tyler being a child of an addict probably worries about his potential to become hooked on stuff. He's likely scared to try.  I think it's wise to find a middle ground, and realize there ARE some situations where a person just needs medical assistance. I kind of thought that was what Kim was trying to say. None of these people are particularly articulate. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

This.  And it frightens me that he and Cate and Amber are all suddenly about "mental health awareness."   I shudder to think of the damage that they will collectively do to the cause via Twitter alone.

Agree.

Tyler and Cate were pushing weed while throwing shade at Xanax, one of the meds Cate was prescribed by her PSYCHIATRIST. Cate wanted her weed. It just gave her a reason to continue to smoke it. Sorry, C&T, some people do need medications. Xanax may not be something you want to take for your mental issues, but there is a need for it. If Cate's psychiatrist prescribed it to her, it was her duty to at least try it for a significant amount of time before making any negative claims about medication. That is like saying you don't want your wife to take insulin for her diabetes (which will happen sooner than later) so, you will go the holistic route. 

Tyler, perhaps if your wife had followed doctor's orders, taken her prescriptions, and YOU supported her doctor's orders and insisted she take her meds, rather than you push the weed holistic angle and act like you are the doctor, you might not be dealing with your own issues. You'd have a wife who was supporting YOU and working with you rather than continuing to proclaim she will kill herself and being too depressed.

ETA: 

How many family crises can one have????

@ghoulina Whatever it is, I wish he was just as concerned and was just as quick to give his attention when his nephew had that cast on his leg for hundreds of years. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Tyler, perhaps if your wife had followed doctor's orders, taken her prescriptions, and YOU supported her doctor's orders and insisted she take her meds, rather than you push the weed holistic angle and act like you are the doctor, you might not be dealing with your own issues.

Truth.  I remember them having some take-out lunch at their dinner table (do they ever cook?) and Tyler was going on and on about Cate "getting over her anxiety problems and being able to stop taking her antidepressants" (paraphrasing, of course).  NO, Dr. Tyler, that's NOT how it works.  At least not usually.  Cate will need to be on meds for the rest of her life.  He shouldn't be so capricious about it, nor such a know-it-all.  There is no shame in needing psychiatric medicine.  He should be much more concerned about Cate's trips to Boogietown.

I am no expert, but I do believe that marijuana can have some place in the treatment of mental illness.  I myself have tried it, but have found that to really commit to it would require a lot of fine-tuning with my prescribed meds.  So I have sort of laid off of the stuff.  I go to a support group for my bipolar illness and a few of the people there speak very highly of CBD oil.  They swear by CBD as being a natural way to help deal with their insomnia, anxiety, and depression issues.  That's pot extract without the THC, and it is totally legal.  I've ordered some from Amazon and am going to give it a try.  I'm open to natural remedies to augment my treatment.

Speaking of support groups, I have often thought that Cate would greatly benefit from a support group...for her psychiatric issues, for her issues with being in the adoption situtation.  There is just something so loving and healing about being with people who understand you and can relate totally to what you are going through.  I think Cate (or anyone) would greatly benefit from something like that.

One more thing...Dr. Tyler should know that taking a magnesium powder drink, like Be Calm, about a half hour before bed would help him so much with his sleeplessness.  Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant and sleep aid.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 1

Truth.  I remember them having some take-out lunch at their dinner table (do they ever cook?) and Tyler was going on and on about Cate "getting over her anxiety problems and being able to stop taking her antidepressants" (paraphrasing, of course).  NO, Dr. Tyler, that's NOT how it works.  At least not usually.  Cate will need to be on meds for the rest of her life.  He shouldn't be so capricious about it, nor such a know-it-all.  There is no shame in needing psychiatric medicine.  He should be much more concerned about Cate's trips to Boogietown.

I swear to god, I just had this conversation with my youngest today who asked me how long will he need his medication for his disorders. I told him it depends on various factors. I also told him it might be something he may need the rest of his life. I then emphasized there is nothing wrong with taking medications to help regulate his brain, his moods and so forth just like his sister needs her meds for her pancreas. My husband and I work together to let him know medications are very helpful when taken properly and for the right reasons.

I definitely remember that scene you referred to. Tyler may have fears due to the addiction that runs in their family. I can understand that aspect. However, that was stupid and foolish of him to encourage Cate to drop her meds. 

Reducing the stigma is something Tyler and Cate need more of in order to better understand medication for mental health reasons. 

• Love 2

Tyler is a douche but I will admit...Cate is not an equal partner in their marriage.... Tyler better think long and hard... because as long as he is married to Cate he will have to remind her of his love and devotion to her every single dam day from now until the end of their lives.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I take Melatonin or Benadryl to help me sleep.

Agree @Meatball. Tyler always acts as if he knows it all. It was exhausting hearing him speed talk to Kim. He was nice to everyone at the photoshoot, but he was aggravated with Nova and Cate. 

It looked like Cate had her keys dangling on her backpack.

Benadryl for the win!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tyler Baltierra  @TylerBaltierra

Stay tuned! Currently working on expanding our @TierraReign items into adult apparel ????

Cue family crisis.

Adult clothing?! Come on.  No one wants velvet pants and fringe shirts. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Stay tuned! Currently working on expanding our @TierraReign items into adult apparel ????

Yeah, no shit Sherlock. I don't think any of us thought you've been wearing adult sized TR t-shirts & hats every fucking episode because of your "passion" for the brand, you greedy, lazy little bitch. 

• Love 2

If only there was a way to find out how much profit (loss) these TM "businesses" actually produce.  If they paid themselves an hourly rate for the time spent working on their passion projects, my guess is there would be a lot of red ink at the end of the year.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
Typo
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tyler Baltierra  @TylerBaltierra

I predict edgy "urban" styles like black T-Shirts and oversize baseball hats with humongous Teirra Reign logos for the gents.  For the ladies, I shudder to think.

• Love 2

Teen Mom OG fans were left confused after watching Monday’s episode. In the preview for next week’s offering, Catelynn Lowell is seen telling her husband Tyler Baltierra that their daughter Nova is going to be a big sister. (She even bought a shirt for Nova to wear to announce the news.)

“Yes she is!” Catelynn tells Tyler excitedly as she hands him an “aced” pregnancy test. (Those are MTV’s poorly chosen words, not The Ashley‘s by the way.)

Viewers found this confusing, of course, because Catelynn and Tyler have yet to mention a pregnancy and Cate is currently in treatment in Arizona.

So what gives? The Ashley went to her sources to find out what happened.

“It is actually really sad,” one of The Ashley’s sources tells her. “Catelynn got pregnant and surprised Tyler and Nova and then had a miscarriage not long after. That happened right before she went to treatment [in November] when she tweeted about thinking about killing herself.

“The crew and production staff heard she was about six weeks pregnant when it happened,” the source added, “but no one is 100 percent sure.”

Catelynn went to treatment soon after suffering the miscarriage, where she stayed for six weeks.

Sadly, Catelynn had to do her voiceovers for the season’s episodes after her miscarriage.

“They don’t do voiceovers until the episode is all done and being edited usually, so Catelynn had to talk about trying to get pregnant and then getting pregnant even after she had the miscarriage. We felt badly for her,” the source said. “[The miscarriage] is definitely going to be a big topic on the show. That’s why last week they made sure her voiceover was something like, ‘I’m not telling Tyler I took my birth control out.'”

As The Ashley previously reported, an MTV film crew followed Catelynn into treatment in November, as well as earlier this month, to film at least some of her stay for the show.

Catelynn is not the only ‘Teen Mom OG’ cast member to deal with miscarriage recently. Her co-star Maci Bookout just revealed on-camera that she had a miscarriage in 2017.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

That's very sad. I don't wish m/c on anyone. Might explain more of her breakdown. I don't think she really wants any more kids, but she feels all this pressure to start trying again, gets pregnant, and then "fails" at even that. I don't like her most of the time, but this is a very upsetting thing to hear. I truly hope she's getting some valuable help. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That's very sad. I don't wish m/c on anyone. Might explain more of her breakdown. I don't think she really wants any more kids, but she feels all this pressure to start trying again, gets pregnant, and then "fails" at even that. I don't like her most of the time, but this is a very upsetting thing to hear. I truly hope she's getting some valuable help. 

I just really, really don't understand why they're even thinking of having another child.  They've got so many issues, and they can't really even give 100% to Nova right now.  Having a baby is a blessing, of course, but there's no way it isn't somewhat stressful, even if you're (for the moment) financially sound.

• Love 2

I understand Cait and Tyler being concerned about becoming addicted to certain meds, but you know what would help them get over that and learn something new while at the same time taking the proper steps to deal with their issues? Seeing a psychiatrist who will take their family history into account. None of the meds I’m on - Trazadone for sleeping and an anti-depressant - are habit forming. My psychiatrist told me so and I tend to trust the judgment of someone who went to one of the top medical schools than two losers who are confused by remedial English.

There are proper channels to go through, but just like everything else they take the easy way out and nothing ever changes for them. The constant complaining stays the same though.

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teapot said:

I just really, really don't understand why they're even thinking of having another child.  They've got so many issues, and they can't really even give 100% to Nova right now.  Having a baby is a blessing, of course, but there's no way it isn't somewhat stressful, even if you're (for the moment) financially sound.

Simon Saran basically said MTV pays bonuses to the moms for getting pregnant.  Where else are they going to be paid this kind of money, so what's another child in the whole scheme of things?

http://warmful.com/simon-saran-spills-truth-mtvs-bonus-babies

You don't get "addicted" to antidepressants, antipsychotics, and the like.  You can form a dependency on benzodiazepines, like Xanax and Ativan.

A miscarriage will wreak havoc with your hormones.  Speaking from unfortunate experience here.  And if you are predisposed to anxiety and depression like Cate is, it could be disastrous.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I predict edgy "urban" styles like black T-Shirts and oversize baseball hats with humongous Teirra Reign logos for the gents.  For the ladies, I shudder to think.

How would this be different from  the "Things that Matter" stuff?  Sooooooo different, I'm sure!  T-shirts with logos are sooooooo on trend!!!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No posts about visiting his wonderful wife, pictures of Nova, pats on the back for taking care if her, this time. It's all about weight loss for him?

That’s a interesting observation! Funny how that’s one of the things that Cate is struggling with......

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No posts about visiting his wonderful wife, pictures of Nova, pats on the back for taking care if her, this time. It's all about weight loss for him?

He is so OVER Catelynn.  She is a lead weight tied around his neck as he tries to swim across the river.  He can’t eat healthy when she’s home. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Simon Saran basically said MTV pays bonuses to the moms for getting pregnant.  Where else are they going to be paid this kind of money, so what's another child in the whole scheme of things?

http://warmful.com/simon-saran-spills-truth-mtvs-bonus-babies

I believe Randy Houska did a podcast recently and was going to discuss "baby bonuses".  @druzy posted about that podcast of his on the Chelsea thread. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Well that explains Cait's Music Awards outfit it was from their new adult range.

august-27-2017-inglewood-california-us-c

She should have made a Mrs. Roper muumuu out of the fabric from the shirt and worn that instead of those God awful separates.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

You don't get "addicted" to antidepressants, antipsychotics, and the like.  You can form a dependency on benzodiazepines, like Xanax and Ativan.

You can form an addiction to Xanax. As a chronic pain sufferer who's spent years on opioids, I get the difference between addiction and dependency and I'm quick to point those differences out, but Xanax is considered one of the most addictive benzos on the market. People really do take it for fun and experience feelings of euphoria and relaxation on it. I get what you're saying about antidepressants, though. You don't get addicted to things like Prozac, Elavil, etc. (Damn, you sure can withdrawal from them, though.)

• Love 3

If Cate thought of committing suicide over a miscarriage then it is time to end this shitshow.  Yes..it is heartbreaking but this girl has zero coping skills...what about Nova.....is she not worth living for?

• Love 7