Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I'm actually cautiously optimistic for her. She's always been hesitant to acknowledge April's "parenting" as a factor and source of trauma so I hope she really does work through that. So much of what she says about herself sounds exactly like the insults April used to hurl at her in 16&P and early TM seasons.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Tyler is eating salmon and veggies and lost 20 pounds (no, really). There’s reason enough for Cate to hightail it back to Arizona. 

He’s still a douche in many ways, but I think he’s finally outgrowing her. 

You know I was pleasantly surprised when he said on this past episode that he quit smoking.  For someone who probably had a super shitty childhood (although I guess his mom was probably decent) he's actually done really well for himself.  

• Love 11
11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Tyler is eating salmon and veggies and lost 20 pounds (no, really). There’s reason enough for Cate to hightail it back to Arizona. 

He’s still a douche in many ways, but I think he’s finally outgrowing her. 

I wonder how dinner time works in that house. Does Tyler cook the salmon just for himself?  Or does he include his wife and child in the meal?  If he makes enough for Catelynn, does she eat it? Or does she refuse and then goes out for fast food?  I’m so curious about this. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I wonder how dinner time works in that house. Does Tyler cook the salmon just for himself?  Or does he include his wife and child in the meal?  If he makes enough for Catelynn, does she eat it? Or does she refuse and then goes out for fast food?  I’m so curious about this. 

Im sure he does, but cait just tops off that salmon with sour cream and mozzarella!! So whats the point?? Notcarly eats cat turds off the floor...not food.

• Love 7

Filming for sure. And Tyler passed on taking her this time. 

I think he could make it in the real world now that he seems to be all into this renovating thing. At least a hardware store job could work for him. Cate seems to be falling apart thinking her only life is just having more babies. 

It looks like Butch, April and Tyler’s sister are all on drugs. Tyler alluded to his sister’s problems not that long ago. I can’t even fathom not having a child's cast removed. Ugh.   

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Kerthy is an MTV person, correct? Yeah let’s film this.

so Cate went from Michigan to LA to Arizona? Or what ??

These people confuse me.

Kerthy is the producer. 

Kerthy is stupid as fuck. She sounds like Jenelle there with her bitching about Delta. How can people use social media and yet, not use their phones to Google information as to what is happening? When our flights have been delayed we usually get information from the airlines site or we *gasp* go talk to someone in person who works for the airline.  

They may have had a stop-over in Los Angeles. Yeah, I know. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I shouldn't. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Kerthy is stupid as fuck. She sounds like Jenelle there with her bitching about Delta. How can people use social media and yet, not use their phones to Google information as to what is happening? When our flights have been delayed we usually get information from the airlines site or we *gasp* go talk to someone in person who works for the airline.  

Yeah, and it has been about 2 years (thank god for Long Beach), but the last time I was at LAX, and the several times before that, it has never been very confusing. It's not like you have to get on an Illuminati subway to get to your terminal like Denver.  "Our gate changed!!! Confusion!!!...EXHAUSTION!!!". Of course it was exhausting...Cate isn't used to walking further than the living room to the kitchen, and ass-kiss Kerthy was probably lugging her bags. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Yeah, and it has been about 2 years (thank god for Long Beach), but the last time I was at LAX, and the several times before that, it has never been very confusing. It's not like you have to get on an Illuminati subway to get to your terminal like Denver.  "Our gate changed!!! Confusion!!!...EXHAUSTION!!!". Of course it was exhausting...Cate isn't used to walking further than the living room to the kitchen, and ass-kiss Kerthy was probably lugging her bags. 

My family and I were on our way to Hawaii when Delta had that big computer shut down which caused flight delays all over the country. It was all over the news. We even got interviewed by the local television news reporter at LAX and upon our arrival in Oahu. As big as a mess that was, it wasn't confusing and we sure as hell didn't bitch about it on social media. It was a bit frustrating, but what could we do? We just dealt with it. 

You are so right. Exhaustion was likely due to Kerthy dragging Cate's luggage and other shit. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Oh, who?! I'm a KTLA gal. I wonder if I saw you on the telly! 

It was ABC 7.

So funny, my husband loves KTLA news. We switched over after Good Day L.A. booted Dorothy and Jillian. 

I actually didn't want to be seen on television. My family was interviewed. I was a hot mess that morning. lol 

Kerthy proves the MTV crew can be just as stupid as the cast members. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

It was ABC 7.

So funny, my husband loves KTLA news. We switched over after Good Day L.A. booted Dorothy and Jillian. 

I actually didn't want to be seen on television. My family was interviewed. I was a hot mess that morning. lol 

I still might've seen your family! My roommate is always watching ABC 7 when I get home from work in the evenings. Gotta see our "Dallas Dip!" (I learned recently that Dallas Raines "moves" actually have names). Mornings I'm all KTLA (I used to have Good Day LA/KTLA debates with my friends about who was better, but they all jumped over to KTLA when Jillian & Dorothy got shitcanned). 

Kerthy continues to prove how useless the producers are. My dream would be for them to sign everyone up for just ONE more season, get rid of all the producers, and then replace them with members here. Not only would the girls have to spend day in/day out of filming getting called out on all their bullshit, they would be under contract to put up with it. After that, cancel the show. 

Anyhow, I won't be around for a few...just scored a free airline ticket to Tucson! 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Somebody is getting their revenge body together. 

Word....or I can see shades of the smoking conversation he was having with his mistress...errr, "Cate's friend" when he said in an annoyed tone  "I quit...she didn't". "I lost 33 lbs, she didn't". Not like Cate couldn't stand to be healthier, but she doesn't need Tyler's brand of "motivation". 

ETA: He definitely lost weight, but did he also contour?...and put on eye shadow?

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

26 pounds lost in almost 5 weeks?  

Right?!?! He's a lying liar who lies about the weight loss timeline. Am I the only one who thinks he looks really terrible? The gross chin hair and teenage looking wannabe mustache doesn't help.

@CaliforniaLove, check out his eyebrows. He definitely had them did when he was putting on his eyeshadow and contouring. He also clearly switched out his earring to make us think he lost weight in his ears too! If you look his ear, it definitely does not look the same in both photos.

He looks awfully unhealthy and as if he discovered (or went back to) some type of amphetamine.

I wonder why it's a side profile photo and not one of him with his face to the camera.

Does he have something to hide about his appearance that would suggest this DAYYUMM DUDE's weight loss wasn't all due to salmon and vegetables? hmmm...

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Anyhow, I won't be around for a few...just scored a free airline ticket to Tucson! 

Are you going to rehab for vacation? j/k 

19 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

26 pounds lost in almost 5 weeks?  

Geez. I hope he isn't doing one of those crazy weight loss diets. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Emkat said:

The ears look completely different in each picture. That's really weird right?

REALLY weird. Cannot un-see. What's up with that? It's like the top part of his outer ear was replaced with airbrushing of another person's ear....

7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Geez. I hope he isn't doing one of those crazy weight loss diets. 

Maybe his "crazy weight loss diet" is drugs or plastic surgery of some kind? Cause yeah....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

He’s able to be healthier when Catelynn’s not around. Tyler has a better quality of life when she’s not around. They don’t shares the same values at all.  Marriage isn’t going to last 2018. 

• Love 14

When sugar, grains and processed food are cut out of a person's diet, the results are rather dramatic.  Those foods cause bloating and swelling so eliminating them reduces that puffiness.   Eating "real food" which is healthy proteins (like fish, eggs, etc.), vegetables, and moderate amounts of fruit is healthy.  Some people even have sensitivity to dairy so when it is eliminated they see dramatic weight loss.  Dairy is not necessary (contrary to dairy industry propaganda), and there are many fruits and vegetables that are better sources of calcium than milk.  

He may be following something like Wheat Belly or Whole 30.

Several years ago I attended a nursing CEU titled Food For Thought which was put together and presented by a neuropsychologist, Dr. Michael Lara, from San Francisco.  He said sugar, grains and highly refined processed foods are inflammatory and that inflammation has negative impacts on the entire body.  I will stop there because I could go on and on all day about good nutrition and health.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Word....or I can see shades of the smoking conversation he was having with his mistress...errr, "Cate's friend" when he said in an annoyed tone  "I quit...she didn't". "I lost 33 lbs, she didn't". Not like Cate couldn't stand to be healthier, but she doesn't need Tyler's brand of "motivation". 

ETA: He definitely lost weight, but did he also contour?...and put on eye shadow?

He's also sticking his neck out like a giraffe.

• Love 10

If he wasn't hooking up with "Cate's friend" at the time of that episode, then I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't since then. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he had cheated on her over the course of the last 9 years (Holy hell I've been into this show for far too long). 

I honestly think that when it comes to Carly that Cate geniunly regrets putting her up for adoption, and there is nothing she can do about it now, but it's there. And I think having Nova only intensified it, made her long even more for her.

TYLER on the other hand, I think Tyler likes the "idea" of Carly. I see him not being pushy anymore because he has Nova now, he gets to post her picture all over snapchat and be the "amazing father" that he is. So he doesn't need Carly anymore to show off. I know that he probably cares for her, but it just seems like since they had Nova he backed off. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Looks like a filter/Photoshop to me.

6 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Not taking Tyler's side or anything, but my husband could easily drop 25 lbs. in five weeks.  With very little effort.  It's just how many guys are.  And it's infuriating ;-)

Yes! My husband and I started exercising at the same time and he was down 2 sizes in a month...! I think there are hormonal differences that must make this the case.

7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He’s able to be healthier when Catelynn’s not around. Tyler has a better quality of life when she’s not around. They don’t shares the same values at all.  Marriage isn’t going to last 2018. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, but wondering what folks think: Do we think this is mutual? I could see Catelynn as healthier (maybe not necessarily physically, but emotionally/in terms of her attitude?) if Tyler didn't influence her. It seems like Tyler is better at keeping up with physical self-discipline like eating right and working out, but Cate always seemed to be kinder and to have less of an attitude before Tyler got really deeply in her head. 

And agreed, they really have nothing in common except their shared trauma.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, MrsSlinky said:

If he wasn't hooking up with "Cate's friend" at the time of that episode, then I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't since then. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he had cheated on her over the course of the last 9 years (Holy hell I've been into this show for far too long). 

and I can see his "forgivable excuse"....she was always depressed, in bed, then she was always running off to rehab, he was lonely, what's a guy to do?

Edited by teapot
I do not agree with this sentiment of course!!!
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Yes! My husband and I started exercising at the same time and he was down 2 sizes in a month...! I think there are hormonal differences that must make this the case.

If my husband just gives up pop he drops about 25 pounds. And he's a rather small guy (just a little belly from all the pop)... While I used to be 300 pounds, I've lost 60 so far, but I can't even look at cookies without gaining weight, while he gets to eat what he wants and not put on any weight, just maintain!!! WHATS THAT ABOUT!?!?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MrsSlinky said:

If my husband just gives up pop he drops about 25 pounds. And he's a rather small guy (just a little belly from all the pop)... While I used to be 300 pounds, I've lost 60 so far, but I can't even look at cookies without gaining weight, while he gets to eat what he wants and not put on any weight, just maintain!!! WHATS THAT ABOUT!?!?

Yes! And we have quite an age difference, so I don't even want to know what it'll be like later in life when I try to lose weight. All he has to do is not have as many onion rings and he drops 20.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but wondering what folks think: Do we think this is mutual? I could see Catelynn as healthier (maybe not necessarily physically, but emotionally/in terms of her attitude?) if Tyler didn't influence her. It seems like Tyler is better at keeping up with physical self-discipline like eating right and working out, but Cate always seemed to be kinder and to have less of an attitude before Tyler got really deeply in her head. 

YES, IMO. Catelynn would be better off without Tyler as well (although initially this would be very hard for her). They both bring each other down.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Emkat said:

The ears look completely different in each picture. That's really weird right?

I was thinking maybe someone took a photo of Taylor from his other side and he just flipped the photo. 

• Love 4

LOL, I didn't even notice the ears. I think the pics look a bit different because one is in the car with harsh sunlight and the other is indoors, and probably has a filter applied as well. But you can tell by the profile he's lost weight. I don't care for Tyler, but good for him. At least he DOES things. They don't always work, but he tries. He has accomplished a goal, which is more than Catelynn can say. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

He has accomplished a goal, which is more than Catelynn can say. 

oh, I don't know.  I do believe Catelynn has accomplished her goal of getting a vacation from her child being demanding & her husband wanting her to do things like quit smoking & eat healthy food.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, teapot said:

oh, I don't know.  I do believe Catelynn has accomplished her goal of getting a vacation from her child being demanding & her husband wanting her to do things like quit smoking & eat healthy food.

Yep! All that healthy food in the fridge and the expectation that she should eat it  sent her anxiety into overdrive. Lol 

• Love 8
On 1/18/2018 at 0:37 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

"Illuminati subway... like Denver" LMFAO, I laughed SO hard because it is SO true. The first time I went to the airport in Denver, I tripped the fuck out on what a weird, spooky place it is. The Illuminati subway was the cherry on top, for me!

• Love 8

It’s an tough situation. Mr. E can lose 20 pounds in no time, and he’s not even heavy. I am perpetually 20 pounds overweight, but I don’t care because I’m tall. I have been much heavier, and it’s hell when a partner improves themselves and you can’t. Some people just struggle - no shade to Cate. 

I’m sounding like a Tyler apologist, but at least he knows WHAT to do.  He’s had Nova sitting with chicken and veggies for a “family dinner”. He’s obviously really loving his life choices (and kinda shading Cate with them), but so what? She’s either going to come to it or sit in Arizona. I don’t know if he’s still doing weed or drinking, but it doesn’t sound like it with his low carb thing. People go in different directions, and I wish they’d both realize that they suck together with their codependenrcies. 

• Love 2

Thanks @druzy.

From the article:

“MTV pays for her to go to the treatment facility every single time,” the source said, “under the agreement that we are allowed to film her while she’s there as much as we want. This place costs $50,000 a pop each time she goes, so yeah, they’re gonna get their footage.”

That’s likely why Catelynn continues to return to the same treatment center each time she enters treatment, the source tells The Ashley.

“From what we’ve heard, and I can’t be 100 percent sure, they keep going back because the treatment center works with MTV, [and] will let them film there,” the behind-the-scenes source said. “That’s why Leah Messer went there too to treat her anxiety issues. It’s no coincidence. But MTV still has to pay."

That is why there is no desire for Cate to want to get better. It isn't costing her anything to have to go (not that we didn't already know), but damn, when it is on your dime you should take your rehab stint seriously, at least I would hope so because the desire is usually there to want to get with the program. She uses that place to get away from her commitments, make Tyler feel guilty, and it is a vacation. Oh, and to have a storyline for her minions so they can continue to prop her up and tell her what a great mother and wife she is. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

Cate goes to treatment to escape....For $50 grand a pop that girl is on vacation from her life.  Hope she enjoys because once the money is gone (and it will be eventually) she will find out that "vacationing" at the local county mental health facility is not as much fun.  And truthfully...she won't be able to afford that.

• Love 4