Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

All I know is Andy wouldn't answer the question on his radio show and I think if it were her decision it would be easy to say so.

But given Andy's obsession with drama, I think it's equally possible that he was just being a little shit and didn't answer because he knew it would cause further speculation which keeps the ladies, and the show in the spotlight a bit longer. If Bravo does rely on research, focus groups and viewer response, then I don't see how any of that would support reason for Bravo to fire Carole. They want drama so it's not a matter of whether people love her or hate her, it's just a matter of whether people care enough to have an opinion either way. With her drama with Bethenny, while she wasn't over the top like Bethenny was, she was being passive aggressive and she was gravitating toward the other women and prodding their own grievances against Bethenny...she was certainly a factor this season. It just makes no sense to me that Bravo's research would say that Carole needs to go all the while we've already had Tinsley for two seasons and she hasn't really done much. Maybe it's possible that she pissed off people behind the scenes and they wanted her gone, but it's also entirely possible that she also wanted to leave anyway and she got out in front and announced her departure before any kind of negotiations or notices could be given.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Also found this picture - I guess this is when they "toast" at the end of the reunion (the thing Bethenny refused to do a couple of reunions ago).  Look at Andy and Carole.  He IS pissed.

rhony-reunion-111.jpg

And she looks scared. I wonder if it was telling him to f off or if there's more.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Small point, but for my money, John has Richard beat in looks, and probably in patience, if you know what I mean.

dorinda and richard.jpg

DorindaJohn.jpg

Yeah John looks like he'd be a bit more energetic. 

That is such an unfortunate angle with her face, Dorinda either looks stunning or off. I like that kind of beauty. Now if she'd just stop drinking on air at least so she wouldn't shame herself and explode bridges.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

She probably just didn’t have anyone to carry her purse or water and was overwhelmed.

HA!  I also thought what is the age difference in the women who saw her?  Someone in their 20's might think she looks like shit while someone a decade or 2 older might think she looks fabulous.  Also she could have been WAY hung over one of the sightings.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That is such an unfortunate angle with her face, Dorinda either looks stunning or off.

Also I'd like to note that, to me anyway, she looks really genuinely happy in the photo with Richard. It looks more forced with John. Of course I don't know the circumstances of either photo but I think she really was at her best and happiest when Richard was alive. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley has said many things during her seasons on the show. IIRC she said a man called her boobs "little uglies" I'm not sure who she is referring to - is it Topper, Nico, or one of the guys she dated during the other reality show she was on. When she and Carole were getting massages and then going down to the sauna - she said she doesn't want to get naked in front of anyone ever. She couldn't relax while getting a massage.

I don't know how long she has had body issues and there are plenty of shots of her in a bikini from before. Tinsley and KooKoo Kelly 2012.

7156411-DSC_6529.jpg

A clip was shown where she says that she are Scott break up all the time. She said while they are broken up Scott dates other women.

I hope someone sits her down and she listens. Scott is throwing out hints left and right. If she wants a baby and a marriage, Scott isn't the man for her.

She has a great body and it is a shame she doesn't realize ti -- or at least thinks her boobs are ugly.  Her style and makeup however...I personally don't think she's pretty facially but at least her hair looks better now.  She needs to tone down the makeup.

I do think that Ramona, even though don't like her boobs, didnt really like her dress that much, looked the best out of all of them.  The new hair cut is adorable on her. And even though there are times when I think the fillers are overdone, she really looks fabulous at her age.

Dorinda...well, she is getting back in shape and I think her hair was a tad better in the reunion and she looked better.  But the hairdo looked like something from the 50s.  I thought she looked the best when her hair was like this:

58de8b961400008b06072a2f.jpg?ops=crop_0_

• Love 10
18 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Let's not forget the foot incident.

She is claiming a Christofle Salt Shaker fell on her - I think either she was under the influence and/or it wasn't a salt shaker but a large bottle of vodka that landed on her foot.

Or she has zero idea how it happened and that made sense to her.  

• Love 9
17 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

You mean Bethenny, the person who Ramona went to for comfort during her break up with Mario? Bethenny, the person who tried to talk sense to Dorinda after she made a fool of herself in her fight with Luann? And Bethenny, the person who wiped the ridiculous clown makeup off Dorinda's face the next day while Carole sat there and let her look like an idiot? Not to mention let Dorinda accompany her to PR after she totally embarrassed Bethenny in front of the people who were helping Beth with PR, by acting like a know it all, when in reality she knew nothing. That Beth? Beth, who mentored Sonja on business, even having her sit in on meetings of her own team? Bethenny, who also comforted Luann after Dorinda treated Lu like crap? Beth, the person who comforted Carole as she was puking her guts out on the boat ride from hell? After the way Carole treated her the entire season? That Beth? I'd have that bitch for a friend any day of the week, certainly over Carole, Dorinda and Ramona. 

Well said!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

On Bethenny being opportunistic, I'm guessing it wasn't so much her being filmed for the funeral but they doubt the sincerity of her actions.  That her scene with Jill was manufactured to make Bethenny look good.  Ironically, many (although not me) thought she made that talk with Jill all about herself (I'm alone too).  

These women wouldn't know sincere if it bit them. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

These women wouldn't know sincere if it bit them. 

This is so true.  The irony of them talking about attention whoring!

I am not a fan of Beth, but I didn't think it was manufactured and I thought she was pretty honest about the rest of it.  She loved Bobby.  At some point she loved Jill.  But she knew that the relationship with Jill would never be what it was again. She went to the service to pay her respects to both.   If she really wanted to milk it for publicity, I would think she'd be advocating for JIll's return.  Watching the two of them trying to repair a friendship would be interesting.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda said while Jill would be an easy fit, Jules is the one who deserves another season.

I don't think Dorinda wants Jill back. She kept saying on the reunion that she and Jill are great friends. It's almost like if Jill comes back the Supreme Widow Crown will be wrested from Dorinda's head.

Jill has a large personality and while she is irritating, she isn't a background player.  If Jill came back it would overshadow the others with her attempts to get back with B, her friendship with Lu, etc.  I had forgotten until a poster mentioned D talking smack about Jill a season or 2 back.  I think D is very threatened by that possibility.  Dorinda is also a bit of a liability with her drunken behavior such as stabbing herself.  An easy one to cut.  No one enjoys seeing someone decline that much.  Her family should try and get her off the show.  She embarrasses herself and is in need of real rehab (longer than any of the ones Lu attended).  

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Jill has a large personality and while she is irritating, she isn't a background player.  If Jill came back it would overshadow the others with her attempts to get back with B, her friendship with Lu, etc.  I had forgotten until a poster mentioned D talking smack about Jill a season or 2 back.  I think D is very threatened by that possibility.  Dorinda is also a bit of a liability with her drunken behavior such as stabbing herself.  An easy one to cut.  No one enjoys seeing someone decline that much.  Her family should try and get her off the show.  She embarrasses herself and is in need of real rehab (longer than any of the ones Lu attended).  

Yeah, but, the same was said about Sonja a few seasons ago and now she's back drinking alcohol, performing with Lu and serving as Bethenny's lap pet. 

• Love 9
On 8/22/2018 at 8:38 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

This is exhausting 

It's so exhausting that I couldn't fully watch. So what did I do? I saved it on my DVR, in case I want to be fully exhausted when I fully watch it. And I thought Ramona, Sonja, and Tinsley were dumb!

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

Also I'd like to note that, to me anyway, she looks really genuinely happy in the photo with Richard. It looks more forced with John. Of course I don't know the circumstances of either photo but I think she really was at her best and happiest when Richard was alive. 

Her husband had more money and status, thus the big Dorinda grin. Do. Not. Like.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I thought the same thing. There is an ease in her expression with Richard.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I thought the same thing. There is an ease in her expression with Richard.

It could also be that the picture with John was taken after Dorinda experienced losing Richard. Not saying anything about how happy she is or isn't with each man, just that grief can cause someone to be more closed off and keep people at more of a distance than before. Not necessarily because you don't love them as much, but because you do and don't want to lose them, too.

Also, the picture with Richard appears to be a candid snapshot, whereas the one with John is a staged photo op at an event. Makes sense that she would be more at ease in the first.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Slurinda is probably my least favourite now. She is as mean as a gutter rat.  She can deny away, but she is a drunk. The stuff she said to people during her drunken outbursts was an abomination. She means it too...the truth comes out when the liquor starts flowing. 

This is the main problem the Ho's have with her drinking.  I doubt they would care so much about her drinking if she was a fun drunk like Lu, or a silly drunk like Ramona, or a delusional but fun drunk like Sonja.  Dorinda is a fun drunk, until whatever number of drinks she has when she turns (as Lu pointed out, which is what started the fight in Cartagena).  Then she becomes a maudlin drunk, angry drunk, and mean drunk all rolled into one.

Lu, Sonja and Ramona have all had their times when they are out of control with the dirnking, like when Sonja was in her John-John and Gstaad delusions during her financial crisis, or when Ramona was getting divorced, and now Lu.  But Dorinda has been a slurry mean drunk since day 1.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, kicksave said:

Team Bethenny? 

Team as in the people in this forum who favor Bethenny as their dog in this fight. I realize there is no “team Bethenny” when it comes to her cast members. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Funny..I never imagined a blonde would want to change her hair color!  Then again I have straight hair who longs for curls.. B's hair was cute and the dress demure which fit well with her sitting back calmly (at least for Part 1 lol)

It's easier to dye if you're already blonde because you don't have to lift as much, so you can play with a lot of fun and less destructive things.  

Our definitions of demure must be different because a wedding dress cut down to the navel doesn't fit mine.

3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

How do we know she isn't held by contract to stay mum until the season has been completed (which includes the reunion taping)? Viewers get invested in ongoing story lines so for her to announce it during the season seems ridiculous since the viewers would no longer need or care to know what happens with her and Bethenny throughout filming. The moment she announced she was leaving, her relationship (which drove much of the drama this season) is no longer interesting to viewers.  They know her shelf-life. Bravo benefited the most from her holding this information until filming was completed. So whoever's choice it was for her to terminate the relationship, I can't see why they would announce it during filming.  

Fired or quit, her snapping at Andy has "take this job and shove it" written all over it -- kind of like sending your boss a fuck you email (not that I know anything about that ?).  Once your attitude about being fired is "don't threaten me with a good time," you tend to give zero fucks and say whatever you want.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, Chicosan said:

Team as in the people in this forum who favor Bethenny as their dog in this fight. I realize there is no “team Bethenny” when it comes to her cast members. 

Seems a little middle schoolish...I have no "team" affiliation...they all suck.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That is such an unfortunate angle with her face, Dorinda either looks stunning or off. I like that kind of beauty. Now if she'd just stop drinking on air at least so she wouldn't shame herself and explode bridges.

Dorinda's husband had an accomplished career...Google him and you will see...Richard Medley. John is a more ordinary guy..nothing like her late husband. In the looks department John is overweight and greasy looking. Richard wasn't a looker either but he was quite the mover and shaker and a veteran too.

And she looks scared. I wonder if it was telling him to f off or if there's more.

F Andy Cohen...

• Love 5
On 8/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, film noire said:

I think she's plenty sane, but almost everybody who tries to get close to Bethenny ends up crazy.

I'm not saying that to be incendiary; it's just what narcs do. Drive people mad, and then drive them away. Up is down and down is sideways and I never called you a bad businesswoman and they're always right and you're always wrong, even when you prove them 100 percent wrong with real world evidence  (wanna get a judge in here?)  they deny it and sob and cry and interrupt you and deflect your points and talk and talk and talk and never say anything  meaningful -- only barbs and bullshit and bloviating -- and the insults flow and they call them quips and their bitterness rains down like battery acid, even as they say I love you but when push comes to shove, they will filet you like a fish if you threaten their self image, if you dare to breathe  a word of anything but praise, dare to say wait, but that's not how it went down and once that happentheir only goal is to shame and demean you so they can feel good about themselves;  about their up is down & down is sideways selves.

There is no sane response to that other than to walk away.

So brava to Carole -- someone I never liked, and outright loathed over her treatment of Jules -- for being the only one in Frankel's orbit to figure that out, the only one to walk away, and in the leaving, remain sane.  

ITA to your entire post. I was raised by NPD mother, and your description is spot on. Sadly, after decades of abuse I had to walk away from my mother  

I don't like Carol, but I think Bethenny brought out the worst in her. However, I don't like how the three of them ganged up on Bethenny. I don't like it when they do that to anyone. It brings back traumatic memories of my mean girls' experiences in school. 

Dorinda is not ready to face her alcohol problem. I hope she gets there before it is too late. I know many who have died from alcoholism. It ravages your body (and mind).

I don't like the color or style of Dorinda's hair. Carole's face did not look good. Something looked off around her jaw and mouth. Ramona is apple-shaped and needs to learn how to dress for it. Bethenny looked good from the neck up. Sonja was overdone. 

I won't miss Carole and don't think Tinsley has any impact on the show. I feel cheated that LuAnne wasn't at the reunion. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

They have all said and done terrible things to each other over the years. There isn't a single innocent in the cast.

Oh, I don't disagree.  (Maybe Tinsley comes the closest?)  But Bethenny calls them on their terrible shit, just as they should be able to call her on hers.  Still, the gang up on her was sloppy.  In my opinion! 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don't like Carol, but I think Bethenny brought out the worst in her. However, I don't like how the three of them ganged up on Bethenny. I don't like it when they do that to anyone. It brings back traumatic memories of my mean girls' experiences in school. 

Were they really ganging up on her, or did they each have individual grievances with Bethy that they wanted aired?  I think there's a difference.

I only wish Lu could have been there to remind us all of Bethy's WHORE!  WHORE!  WHORE! attack in the Berkshires.

• Love 14

Agreed about Dorinda and how, sometimes, she's way more attractive than others. I think her first season hair, color and length, were the most flattering. The platinum blond makes her look old, imo.

I think John is better looking than Richard. He has a more handsome face (albeit chubby), and I, personally, am more attracted to men with straight teeth. It's a thing for me, sorry, not sorry. He seems to really adore Dorinda, and I wish she would appreciate that more.

Look, I get the sleazy thing with John, but Kristen was ok grinding up against him until he put his hands on her hips? and, seriously, what about Aviva's dad George? John is NOTHING compared to what George, literally, brought to the (dinner) table. 

He's not my type at all, but I feel kind of bad for him. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Usually I love her style.  But wasn't a fan of this dress.  Also, the fake boobs on her is really bad.  She has an amazing body with the exception of that.  She should always refrain from going too lowcut. 

I like the dress, the skirt is particularly pretty.  But not on her, and it’s way too low cut.

• Love 8
On 8/23/2018 at 11:27 AM, Mozelle said:

There's something up with Jill. I think that she just really wants her name to be on everyone's lips and would love to be back on this franchise. She might see Bethenny as an end to those means. I also think there might be some wistfulness going on as her tenure with the franchise ended with not a lot of people (*raises hand to count herself among them*) ever wanting to see her on the show again. So, not only does Jill want back on the show, but it feels as though she wants to come back to "clear her name," so to speak since her last season ended so badly. (Really, if you think about it, her season three ended horribly as well, so she had back-to-back seasons where I think the audience largely was not feeling her.)

I did not start watching until Jill left. Can anyone briefly sum up the reason for the Jill and Bethenny breakup? Or point me where to go in the forum?

5 minutes ago, izabella said:

Were they really ganging up on her, or did they each have individual grievances with Bethy that they wanted aired?  I think there's a difference.

I only wish Lu could have been there to remind us all of Bethy's WHORE!  WHORE!  WHORE! attack in the Berkshires.

IMO they were indeed ganging up on her - no issue with them bringing up their individual gripes with BF - BUT, when they interject themselves into each other's beef - it's a gang up. Like how BF and Ramona were arguing and Carole was chiming in to something that had nothing to do with her - in fact, she kept chiming in as Ramona was softening and they (BF/RS) seemed to be getting somewhere with acknowledging each other's roles in the demise... but there was Carole, chirping away - that's a gang up. IMO of course ;) If Lu had been there she would have had BF's back. She wouldn't have brought up the Bezerkshires incident. Besides, Carole wouldn't stand for that - it was "years" ago - oh wait, she would have because it would have helped her narrative.. But yeah, 100% Luanne would have sided with Bethenny. Bethenny was her spokesperson after all when she went into rehab again - lol...

Just now, Sweet-tea said:

I did not start watching until Jill left. Can anyone briefly sum up the reason for the Jill and Bethenny breakup? Or point me where to go in the forum?

Jill didn't like that Bethenny's "star" was rising - she wanted to be included in on everything Bethenny was invited to - Bethenny told her to get a hobby, Jill wanted to dogpile on Bethenny and it imploded. She asked other HW's to not film with Bethenny, she refused to make up with her - and then realized she dug too deep a hole and at that point, Bethenny was done. Super duper condensed version ;) If you have Hulu - RHONY is available on there - season 3 is worth the view.

• Love 14
On 8/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, ryebread said:

Speaking of Tinsley's little bubbies, it's sad that she is ashamed of hers. She's mentioned over the seasons, at least three times, that they are "not good".  I hope she doesn't feel that way because she compares them to these overworked bosoms that are often awful.

Tinsley has fallen into the trap of assuming a very thin woman can easily and naturally have larger breasts.  Nope, not gonna happen.

back to B’s dress, the bolt-ons looked worse when she was sitting.  They look almost ok in the photo of her standing.

Edited by Mrs peel
One and ones
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Sharonana said:

I'm close to Ramona's age. I don't have that many wrinkles except for my neck. Ugh! Biggest teller of age. I use Great Lakes Collagen powder in my tea every single day. I've used it for over 5 years. I think most skin care lines are the same except the price. I don't find the more expensive ones to work any better than the cheaper lines. I wouldn't mind getting a neck lift, but no botox or filler for me.

Wrinkles on my neck too, but facially I'm doing at 51. I also use collagen powder in my coffee every morning and my hair stylist actually commented once about my hair being thicker.  I truly think it was the collagen powder that helped!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

IMO they were indeed ganging up on her - no issue with them bringing up their individual gripes with BF - BUT, when they interject themselves into each other's beef - it's a gang up. Like how BF and Ramona were arguing and Carole was chiming in to something that had nothing to do with her

I completely agree with this.  They were rabid dogs, out for blood from the get-go.  It was like she couldn't say anything without at least two people jumping all over her.  I actually got what she was trying to say, with "Whether you love me or hate me--"; she was, in her Bethenny way, trying to pay them a compliment and tell them "Thank you for supporting the charity, regardless of how you may feel about me."  They wouldn't even let her finish the statement.  And, by the way, since when is "You drink!" a valid rebuttal to the suggestion that someone else might have a drinking problem?  Because I myself consume alcohol, I can't recognize problematic alcohol consumption in others?  (But then Luann's opinion was discounted too, because she was newly sober.  Huh?)  And they threw in a bunch of stuff that was just extra (e.g. "fake tits") and did nothing further to advance their cases.  Again, I think they all have legitimate grievances against Bethenny, but their delivery was not at all effective. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Dorinda doesn't want to be demoted to Friend Of.

Dorinda also doesn;t want to be out shined by another Widow who has it more together than her.

Dorinda also doesn't like Bethenny so she doesn't want to see Jill and Bethenny reconcile on camera.

If IIRC, Dorinda was mad at what Jill was saying about Ramona and I think D something like there's a lot of bullying going on at the anti-bullying lunch.

There also seems to be some resentment in terms of Luann's wedding. Dorinda was a bridesmaid, but Jill seemed to throw a bunch of parties for Luann and she was given way more credit and more attention for things than Dorinda.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda doesn't want to be demoted to Friend Of.

Dorinda also doesn;t want to be out shined by another Widow who has it more together than her.

Dorinda also doesn't like Bethenny so she doesn't want to see Jill and Bethenny reconcile on camera.

If IIRC, Dorinda was mad at what Jill was saying about Ramona and I think D something like there's a lot of bullying going on at the anti-bullying lunch.

There also seems to be some resentment in terms of Luann's wedding. Dorinda was a bridesmaid, but Jill seemed to throw a bunch of parties for Luann and she was given way more credit and more attention for things than Dorinda.

One thing I forgot to bring up that I can add to your list.  The woman who sang the titties song in the cabaret act (Bridgette Everett) asked Dorinda if she could sing and she said she could do it all.  I think she was very peeved she wasn't asked to be part of the show.  She was just one giant ball of seething jealousy this season with a side of massive shit stirrer.  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

One thing I forgot to bring up that I can add to your list.  The woman who sang the titties song in the cabaret act (Bridgette Everett) asked Dorinda if she could sing and she said she could do it all.  I think she was very peeved she wasn't asked to be part of the show.  She was just one giant ball of seething jealousy this season with a side of massive shit stirrer.  

*wearing JOVANI!!!

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

I just do NOT like Bethany and I used to. When she was just starting out I loved her. Now she is just a shrew.

It's funny because in early seasons, I just did not feel strongly about her one way or another.  I occasionally found her funny/witty, but she also did some things that annoyed me.  Whatever.  I remember, people used to rant about her on TWoP back in the day, and I never saw where they were coming from.  Scary Island, for instance, I still think was all Kelly.  I watched it again recently, and B. basically just reacts when stung. 

In the past couple of seasons, though, I've really crossed the line into actively disliking her. 

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I was a little surprised to hear that Jill is  dating someone already, though I don't know how soon after Bobby's death this was filmed..

Same. 

And not that she doesn't deserve to date, have fun, and find love again. But it was rather striking hearing her say in the funeral clip how she hasn't been alone since she was 20, and so six months* after her husband dies she's already dating someone else? I find that a bit alarming only because of her previous statement. But I wish Jill well all the same, and I won't be surprised if a year from now she gets her NYC apple back. 

*ETA: I thought I read that she - or someone - specified time frame. ?? 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 4