Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Well, I guess no one here is surprised that Benjamin is getting Akilini on the installment plan.

I am not sure she is going to be happy with Benjamin because he seems as poor as a church mouse with no way to get more money plus he will be sending his extra $$ to the FIL.   I would not want to get involved in this family.

Benjamin looks pregnant in that shirt when he walks over to see the cakes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, Persnickety1 said:

Ah, yes, Akinyi, a mistake on Benjy's part...and he could be paying the bride price the rest of his life.  

What a sap you are, Benjamin 😄

Well it’s not like Daddy will fly to Arizona and repossess her.   

OR WILL HE???

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
Just now, RichiesOlderBro said:

Well it’s not like Daddy will fly to Arizona and repossess her.   

OR WILL HE???

Or maybe the family will come over to visit for months on end. That's what's done in some cultures. One way or another, he's going to pay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Shouldn't the bride price be lower since Ben is taking Akinyi to the US, paying for her visa etc? That is worth more than any local man could pay no?

Exactly, but they know a sucker when they see one. Also, selling your daughter regardless of antiquated customs leaves me feeling queasy. It should be symbolic, if at all

• Love 9
Just now, PityFree said:

Akini  thanks Ben is just being stingy or cheap when he’s actually stingy and cheap and broke. She is going to be so disappointed being poor in America.

I have a feeling this relationship isn't going to work. She won't assimilate to life here.

• Love 3
Just now, iwasish said:

What is with these backwoods places that have great bakeries? 
What happens to the cake if there is no marriage? Do they shove it in the poor guys face?

They send it to Angela to shove into Michael's face.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1