Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ditto. I’m also childfree! Cats do have a job. Best natural pest control you’ll ever have (which is why they were domesticated in the first place). 

My bedroom/closet is a cat free zone, so I don’t have cat hair all over my clothes. I wouldn’t lounge around the house in work clothes anyway (I’m a lawyer). 

Ditto exactly. The suit comes off as soon as I'm home, and then it's jammies time. Cats are in the bedroom (and we snuggle them all the time) but the walk-in closet has no interest to them when they can be hanging out with warm bodies instead. And our 12 year old took down a moth last night, unexpected for the lazy little turd. configdotsys, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I know how much of a comfort our furry friends can be.

I'll admit the only redeeming quality I see in Colt is that he loves his cats. If I were Larissa, I'd have been out of there the minute they offered me runny canned beef stew. Actually, no, I wouldn't have stayed in the car. "Go around, and drop me back off at Departures, Coltee."

Eyebags and Princess bum me out a lot. You can tell he gives no fucks about impressing his intended and her family--he thinks he's done his job by simply existing while white, and deigning to marry a much younger, much better looking woman. That cheesesteak scene--really? A food court meal is bad enough, but no plates, no utensils, not even a beverage? There's cheap--Colt's cheap--but this is some next-level miserliness. That was so embarrassing to watch. If you're hosting, you pay for things. You provide meals and housing and entertainment. If someone offers to chip in or bring something, you accept or decline graciously, and with thanks. You don't slap a greasy half-assed sandwich in a limp plastic bag in front of your bride and expect her and her family to pick it apart with their fingers. I love me some trashy street fair food, but goddamn, get enough for everyone to enjoy, and let the poor bitch have some damn cheese.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I just want to gently point out that a philly cheesesteak sandwich is not a hoagie in philly. I saw that on Parking Wars. A hoagie in Philly is a cold meat sandwich. I live in NY and never heard the word hoagie until I was an adult. Long sandwiches were always called heros here. 

Yes, very correct...and in New Jersey they're subs, as well as in some parts of NYC. Local vernacular aside, what I saw was a hoagie-sized (if you will) Philly cheesesteak they were eating. Well, ripping apart like animals at a kill. And while most hoagies/subs/heros are cold meat & cheese sandwiches, we absolutely have hot versions like meatball subs, sausage pepper and onion subs, etc. It's a fine line depending on the establishment you're in. This different wording for a long sandwich has always boggled my mind because all three names are in close proximity to one another - PA/NJ/NY - and I dont see why we had to have three names for the same damn sandwich.

*rant over*

• Love 4
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

They find a way! I had to replace my bedroom door with a sliding door because my cat would jump up on top of the door and walk back and forth like a balance beam. 

Same on the thoughts about kids. I have two cats. They saved me after my husband died and when I was diagnosed. They are such good girls. I never have cat hair on my clothes either. 

I just want to gently point out that a philly cheesesteak sandwich is not a hoagie in philly. I saw that on Parking Wars. A hoagie in Philly is a cold meat sandwich. I live in NY and never heard the word hoagie until I was an adult. Long sandwiches were always called heros here. 

1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Yes, very correct...and in New Jersey they're subs, as well as in some parts of NYC. Local vernacular aside, what I saw was a hoagie-sized (if you will) Philly cheesesteak they were eating. Well, ripping apart like animals at a kill. And while most hoagies/subs/heros are cold meat & cheese sandwiches, we absolutely have hot versions like meatball subs, sausage pepper and onion subs, etc. It's a fine line depending on the establishment you're in. This different wording for a long sandwich has always boggled my mind because all three names are in close proximity to one another - PA/NJ/NY - and I dont see why we had to have three names for the same damn sandwich.

*rant over*

Fellow north Jersey girl weighing in. We call cold long sandwiches “subs” but hot long sandwiches “heroes.” from the same place, I would order a turkey sub but a chicken parm hero. I always wondered why hot/cold on the same damn roll would have two different names, but this is just the way life is, so who am I to question it?! But I do remember going to college in central Jersey and meeting kids from south Jersey—who might as well have been from a different planet with their odd (to me) accents and growing up with their city of influence being Philly instead of “the city” AKA NYC—and those kids said “hoagie.”

• Love 2
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Never heard that, and I spend a lot of summers there.  I've heard them called "cheesesteak hoagies", but most people just call them "cheesesteaks" and that's it.  But they're always lumped with hoagies on menus.  There's one restaurant here who calls hot hoagies "grinders" but they're always hoagies everywhere else, unless you want it baked in the oven, then you add "cosmo".  The only place in PA that gets weird with Hoagies is out west, near Pittsburgh.  They bake their hoagies and look at you weird if you want it cold.  They put shredded cheese on them, making it hard to eat cold.  My husband experienced this in three different restaurants.  One got really snippy with him and told him they weren't responsible for him not liking the hoagie cold.  But they do things differently in general out there.  They put French fries and cole slaw on sandwiches, which I find revolting, but for some reason, people love it.  They put it on thick bread, making it carb city.  If you ask for no fries or slaw, there's barely any meat or cheese on the sandwich. Bleh.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Supposedly is right. Unless she's completed a residency here, how exactly does she have a license to practice medicine? And did she upgrade her degree here? As far as I know, unless medical schools have reciprocities people can't just come here and get a residency and even Canadian trained grads aren't guaranteed a residency. She really needs to explain her credentials, and until she does I'm calling BS on her claims. Personally, I'm thinking she named Canada as a place that she could practice because she knows most of TLCs viewing audience is American and would be less likely to question her.  

Yup. Credentials have to be accepted by the College of the province in which the foreign physician wishes to practice. Then the foreign physician must pass a number of exams, which soon will be offered abroad. After that, they need to do a residency. 

I spoke to a physician who was on the board that evaluated foreign physicians. He said those trained in Western countries and some African countries, such as South Africa, generally had no issues getting licenses. Those from Eastern Europe had more issues but it wasn’t insurmountable. Those from “third world” countries often had more issues. 

• Love 2
On 11/5/2018 at 11:04 AM, LilaFowler said:

Why do you think Olga comes from money? She said last night that she's lived in orphanages. Her room in that shared apartment was a total hovel. She had no money for baby things. The photos may have been comped for free promotion on the show or something, but I don't think she comes from anything great.

Honestly, I think that Olga might have selling herself in Voronezh to finance her living expenses. I know it sounds mean but I cant see any other way that she could support herself in Russia. Steven said she is in college, that may be what "they all say". Who knows. 

They keep showing a preview of next Sunday’s show that features Colt’s cousin and his wife. Every time I see the look of shock on his cousin‘s wife’s face I think they need to give her her own show. I love her expressions.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

They keep showing a preview of next Sunday’s show that features Colt’s cousin and his wife. Every time I see the look of shock on his cousin‘s wife’s face I think they need to give her her own show. I love her expressions.

I almost can't believe she's a real person.  I said before she looks like she decided to dress as a Snapchat/Instagram filter for halloween and no one has told her it's not halloween anymore and she can go back to normal.  

Bless her heart.  

• Love 9
On 11/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, gingerella said:

*rant over*

I moved to Philly from the DC area. Never heard of 'hoagie' before in my life; it took some time to get used to. Never heard of 'Wawa' either, which is another strange name. Aliya jr (who was quite junior at the time) hated the word. "Just say you're going to the store, ma. 'Wawa' sounds stupid."

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, aliya said:

I moved to Philly from the DC area. Never heard of 'hoagie' before in my life; it took some time to get used to. Never heard of 'Wawa' either, which is another strange name. Aliya jr (who was quite junior at the time) hated the word. "Just say you're going to the store, ma. 'Wawa' sounds stupid."

I always made fun of the name "WaWa" too, but they are heavenly stores.  I wish we had them here.  We're in Sheetz territory, and there's no comparison.  Rutter's are awesome too, but not in my area...yet.

• Love 1

Steven is turning out to be a bit of a pain in the ass. He thinks he’s going to DEMAND to be in the labor and delivery room? 

One of those Russian matrons will break his spindly little neck. Olga’s not coming clean with how she supports herself, college, an apartment, but has no job?

Larissa “ Colt hasn’t given me the credit card ...yet”  Yeah, he’s not stupid. That’s why. Leather couch with cat claws....... no... no.... and no. Debbie seems pretty sure she’s in the drivers seat now, but having pussy in his bed every night might give Larissa just enough of an edge.... 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Steven is turning out to be a bit of a pain in the ass. He thinks he’s going to DEMAND to be in the labor and delivery room? 

One of those Russian matrons will break his spindly little neck. Olga’s not coming clean with how she supports herself, college, an apartment, but has no job?

Larissa “ Colt hasn’t given me the credit card ...yet”  Yeah, he’s not stupid. That’s why. Leather couch with cat claws....... no... no.... and no. Debbie seems pretty sure she’s in the drivers seat now, but having pussy in his bed every night might give Larissa just enough of an edge.... 

Well, to be fair, Debbie probably will have pussy in her bed every night too...I mean, Cookie Dookie needs somewhere to sleep now that s/he’s been fat shamed out of Colt-ee’s bed.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Was the new 90 Day episode broadcast early?  I saw a segment I hadn't seen about 11 p.m. last night (Friday night) in Southern California on TLC.  Was I imagining things?

For some reason, they are airing a "First Look" episode on Friday night which is the first 30 minutes of the new episode that's coming on Sunday. I made the mistake of watching it last week and was bored to tears for the first half hour of the new show so I'm trying to avoid watching it even though it was captured by my DVR.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Was the new 90 Day episode broadcast early?  I saw a segment I hadn't seen about 11 p.m. last night (Friday night) in Southern California on TLC.  Was I imagining things?

I watched a new episode last night following the rerun episode. It wasn’t a full episode and seemed to end rather suddenly, it might have been 40 min on TLC  - I’m on the west coast in Canada.  I was surprised there was no talk on here about it.

Edited by endure
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

For some reason, they are airing a "First Look" episode on Friday night which is the first 30 minutes of the new episode that's coming on Sunday. I made the mistake of watching it last week and was bored to tears for the first half hour of the new show so I'm trying to avoid watching it even though it was captured by my DVR.

Thanks that explains it.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Yeah, I delete the sneak peak and the episodes with 30 seconds of added footage.

• Love 2

I hope everyone’s preparing their “cut on the bias” steak, rice-a-roni, American breakfast burritos, philly cheese steaks, chicken feet, pre-chewed snails, and strange looking corn bread for tonight’s viewing party! Let’s get it on people! 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I hope everyone’s preparing their “cut on the bias” steak, rice-a-roni, American breakfast burritos, philly cheese steaks, chicken feet, pre-chewed snails, and strange looking corn bread for tonight’s viewing party! Let’s get it on people! 

And no matter how many people are with you, no more than one Philly cheese steak sandwich is allowed. Plates, utensils, napkins, and drinks are not optional - they are forbidden.

2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

My guide is showing that tonight's episode is going to be three hours long.  That can't be right...right?

There's going to be a bonus episode, updating Grangela and Mykill's status. Seriously.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

My guide is showing that tonight's episode is going to be three hours long.  That can't be right...right?

There's another of the live shows / guest interviews of some sort (Colt's mom Debbie is one who is supposed to be there and I thought I read Angela with an update on her relationship with Michael as possibly another). Not sure who else or who is hosting. 

That will be the third hour.

I'm guessing they're not wanting to start some other show in that 3rd hour slot where Unexpected had been since it's a holiday weekend this weekend and then Thanksgiving about to impact TV viewing the next two weekends also since so many schools are closed all of Thanksgiving week now, meaning more traveling both before and after than used to happen so this makes for an easy "fill in" of TV time with little TLC effort production wise.

• Love 4

Wow in some of the bonus scenes they are showing Eric is so bald. Now bald is not necessarily a bad thing,  but Eric looks patchy bald! Like instead of having a bald spot on top of his head like a normal man, he has a bald spots all over his head and patches of  hair in other places.

Also I got a better look at his teeth and good Lord, he has a bunch of little brown pebbles in his mouth.   I don’t care that’s judgemental because Eric thinks he doesn’t have to work on himself, he can just go buy a bride oversees.

ETA: I had bith phtew for breakfast, so I’m having pancakes for dinner.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Okay. I'm here. Where are my flowers?

5 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I'm here too. Can I try some American Cheddar, please?

No!  What do you think this is?  You think we all live in gold houses and drive flying cars???

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I'm here.  I'm not sure I'm ready after last night's drama.  I'm having trouble caring about Kalani or Ashley or actually any of them tonight.  

ima still watch, but there's gonna be a whole lot less caring.  

There’s always Asuelu 

• Love 4