Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

She's 52 and she had a whole 900 in her account?   

It's possible she had an account for this trip. I can see not wanting to have all of your money at risk of being snatched in this particular foreign country - they don't call it the 'Nigerian scam' for nothing.  I don't buy online with the account in which my paycheck is deposited.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, aliya said:

It's possible she had an account for this trip. I can see not wanting to have all of your money at risk of being snatched in this particular foreign country - they don't call it the 'Nigerian scam' for nothing.  I don't buy online with the account in which my paycheck is deposited.  

I'm the same way.  I have an account that I use solely for online purposes.

• Love 4

What are the odds Angela did research? Everybody and their mother knows you don't use a debit card in Nigeria. You use credit cards or the local currency [Naira].

I tried to purchase a flight between Lagos and Benin City when I was still in Melbourne, and my credit card company flagged it as suspicious and wouldn't let it go through until they talked to me. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Angela it would have been cheaper to take a Vegas vacation, live it up and rent some young dick there 

I've been a widow for a long time. I was thinking about doing this 90 day thing for the money, but maybe a trip to Vegas would be nice and with less drama.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

My guess is Grangela probably doesn’t have any money for retirement.

Most people's retirement isn't in their checking account. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, aliya said:

I've been a widow for a long time. 

I've been single a long time. I want someone to do stuff "because you're my woo-mun."  But I don't want him to rip me off. 

• Love 7

I doubt that Michael stole the money.  I said before elsewhere, he wants to ticket to the US, so why would he risk that over $600?  Plus the fact that it was multiple withdrawals of the same amount, sounds more like something was sketchy at the bank or ATM, as opposed to Michael.  Would he just keep withdrawing the exact same amount over and over until he couldn't anymore?  Seems unlikely.

I doubt there will be a Canadian on this show.  The whole premise of the show is the mis-matched couples taking advantage of each other for various reasons.  A Canadian and an American in a relationship are probably just a typical "regular" couple.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

No way! Darcey has six eggs left and they are in her fridge. 

Hey. It could happen. She's not Grangela who has powdered eggs and still thinks she can get that artificial inSURmuhnation.  (Insemination).

• Love 5

Ang just wanted a reason to break up with Michael and get more dramatic camera time.  He wouldn't give up his American dream over 900 bucks.   I don't even think the egregious thing that Ang did was give The Love Of Her Life her card......it's Nigeria FFS.   The fact that she accuses him first says she doesn't trust him anyway..... but that would be the analysis for a real couple.

He should have said "Yeah Ang....like 900 bucks is enough money for banging your ass for 2 weeks.  GTFOOH.  I did it for the long term con you dumb ass!!"

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Retirement?  I doubt she can pay her rent. 

At 52 (and I don't believe that for a minute), isn't she still working? Is she on some kind of government handout?

Also - did they show Tarik getting an apartment for Hazel? Do we know what happened?

At 52 (and I don't believe that for a minute), isn't she still working? Is she on some kind of government handout?

Also - did they show Tarik getting an apartment for Hazel? Do we know what happened?

Angela is a CNA. She’s still working. 

• Love 3

It sounded like she told him to take out $300 and the CS rep said that 300 was taken out three times back to back. I don't think I've ever had an account that allowed more than $500 from an ATM in a day.

It's also hard to believe that as soon as she left there, this happened and it just so happened to be an error of some kind at the bank. Seems a bit suspect to me. What I want to know is if she left to go back to America, why did she LEAVE her card with him? How was she supposed to get money out without her card?

One thing I'm not sure about: when they say once the person gets a K1 and arrives here they have 90 days to get married. But can they file for the K1 a year or two or three after returning from wherever? Maybe Michael realized that Angela and he will never save up the thousands and thousands to get him here so he jacked her account and called it a day.

In the preview, the way Pole said, "I'm sorry sweetheart" to Karine gave me a chill. My skin crawled. I think he's a psycho. There was some article posted with quotes from his ex that said he's a lunatic. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

It sounded like she told him to take out $300 and the CS rep said that 300 was taken out three times back to back. I don't think I've ever had an account that allowed more than $500 from an ATM in a day.

It's also hard to believe that as soon as she left there, this happened and it just so happened to be an error of some kind at the bank. Seems a bit suspect to me. What I want to know is if she left to go back to America, why did she LEAVE her card with him? How was she supposed to get money out without her card?

I don’t think she left the card with Michael. She tried to use her debit card once she got back to Atlanta and it was declined. Thanks how she ended up calling her bank and finding out about the extra withdrawals.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Guys, i admit it. If it came to smack down between Grangela and Rachel. I am on Team Rachel all the way.

In terms of idk likeability? Rachel all the way. In terms of winning a knockdown fucking fight? Absolutely Angela.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Right? Most banks I've dealt with have had daily limits for ATM withdrawals. 

• Love 1

Apparently ATMs are confusing in Nigeria, says Angela?  What's confusing is why she thought any of this was a good idea, and why she didn't listen to her daughter (another stellar decision maker) to stay home, and why she thinks her boobs need to be all out for everyone to see all the time.  

So many confusing things here that are way more confusing than figuring out a foreign ATM, Angela.  SO. MANY.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I don’t think she left the card with Michael. She tried to use her debit card once she got back to Atlanta and it was declined. Thanks how she ended up calling her bank and finding out about the extra withdrawals.

Ah got it. It's late. I had beer. I like beer. Still like beer... And I have a long week ahead of me. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, AussieBabe said:

Why was she giving him $300 when he supposedly works, too? Why didn't she get the money out of the ATM herself? So many questions.

It was really fast but she mentioned that she had trouble working ATM so she gave Michael her card and pin so he could get the money for her. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I understood it as she gave him the card to take out $300 while she was there, but it was repeated three times.  Seems to me like a scam on the Nigerian end (either the bank or someone who put a skimmer of the bank machine).  I once bought vacation package that was charged three times on my credit card.  But this was a legit Canadian company, so the money was quickly refunded and I got a bunch of airfare credit as an apology.

• Love 3

Yeah, that sounds like some skeevy stuff on the bank's end. It may not have been the bank. We've all heard of those people who install readers/skimmers in petrol pumps and ATMs to steal money. It could've been why it was so hard to work. It's not like she was trying to use an ATM in Bratislava, Slovakia, or something.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3

Michael didn't take her lousy money.    There are skimmers on gas pumps and ATMs everywhere.   There was (still is?) one  on a pump at a legitimate looking gas station about five miles from my house in Seattle.  It could happen anywhere.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Guys, i admit it. If it came to smack down between Grangela and Rachel. I am on Team Rachel all the way.

I think we are all. However rachel seems like a pretty argumentative person who likely started it. I guess well see next week. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

If anything, it'd be the American trying to marry into Canada.

Yep! I interviewed for a role in BC and it sounded amazing to leave here for a while. 

Edited by usernameG
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why is Karine and Paul's apartment such a pigsty?

He is supposedly a hoarder.

8 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Michael didn't take her lousy money.    There are skimmers on gas pumps and ATMs everywhere.   There was (still is?) one  on a pump at a legitimate looking gas station about five miles from my house in Seattle.  It could happen anywhere.

It seemed like he was fessing up on the preview to stealing her money.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

They’re pigs?

Lol ? yes probably a stupid question.

5 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

He is supposedly a hoarder.

It seemed like he was fessing up on the preview to stealing her money.

I *just* read an article about him and his ex spilled all the tea, he is a nasty piece of work and Karine needs to run.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PupCal said:

I cannot wait to see why Angela's bank account is empty.

It was so stupid of Michael to steal her money.  He's ruined all that he's worked for for a lousy 600 extra bucks.  She let him have the first 300.  He could have milked her for so much more and he won't get to come to the United States which was his end game.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, snarkish said:

Darcey's clothes and makeup cease to amaze me. The eyelashes look like her eyeballs are going to fly off her face. I assume the headband was because her extensions were showing on her scalp from the day before

She should fire her cousin the hair stylist. I had to laugh that she came to the city dressed in head to toe Wedding White, but after the breakup she’s heading home in mourning black. And Jesse was in town for what, 24 hours? 

04C6C2F0-304D-46A8-B465-8062751CD350.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

What are we looking at there?  Are those just Darcy’s gray roots or is that some sort of piece of hair extension?

Yeah, I'm curious as well.  

I gotta be honest here - Jesse doesn't need to come to America like this. Why would a young guy put up with so much fake 'beauty' when he could have a young girl his age who doesn't need extensions, false eyelashes, etc.?  And she's what, 40 something? If Aliya jr, who's in the same age range, brought home a person who looked like this, I would be shocked. There's no natural beauty there, which can be had at any age. But then, I'm a firm believer that one's personality, for good or ill, shows through one's face. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Not yet. And I hope there's never a Canadian cast as the foreigner on the American show because I just know they'd pick a real beer-drinking, hockey-loving hoser who says, "aboot" and "eh" continually. I'd die of embarrassment, 

If anything, it'd be the American trying to marry into Canada.

Ditto!