Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Orange County Hold ‘Em

• Start Topic

Whoever marries Michael will have to put up with Vicki as a mother in law.  Just the thought of that would give me nightmares. Shudder... 

I kind of give Gina a tiny little pass for her loud behavior at Emily's party.  Gina probably doesn't get out much without her kids and the writing was on the wall re her marriage by that time too.  At least they were in a private home rather than in a restaurant where so many screaming fits have happened with these gals.  What I can't give Gina a pass for though are those fingernails.  They are hideous. 

Shut up Shane.  You're a dick.... and probably a tiny one too. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Love 21

Last year we had Peggy providing valuable insight into the Armenian culture (in Armenia we love our children).

This year we have Gina comparing this minuscule group of women to New Yorkers, often exclaiming "I guess that's how it's done in Orange County."  No, dumbass, that's how it's done by a handful of backstabbing fame whores like you when they are competing for camera time.    

• Love 16
21 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

See I can't fault him for yelling at Gina to be quiet.  His daughter was awake and that time and the other guests had left. I bet her loud mouth was keeping his daughter awake.  The wording was what was bad to me. 

HAD the other guests left? The time stamp only showed it to be around 10 pm. I got the impression that they were winding down for the night, and she was loud as she exited the house. I mean, it was ten not 2 am! And they were serving shots all night. What does he expect?

• Love 19

my takeaway from this episode was that the shrimp Eddie was eating at the end, was from Costco, its $11.99 for a pound of peeled shrimp a cup of cocktail sauce and a couple lemon wedges and its damn good shrimp.  That's all I got.....I may be  checking out of OC, but I just can't quit Shannon

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I like that she does it and that she’s continued on the show. Weight loss is hard and I think it’s great she acknowledges that. I also don’t think that was the demise of their marriage. As my mom (maybe mom stole it so not claiming ownership) says “if it was easy Oprah would be tiny”.   Also?  She rocked a green suit with cards on it.

While on surface I totally get why Vicki setting Kelly’s ex up is horrid- is it really?  She talked awful about him.  Shannon equated at dinner if someone did that to her and I get it. But Kelly?  She acted like she was married to Satan and he was lucky to have her. While I understand being angered at it I think she’s really run that mileage out. She never acted like that was her one true love. Take your own advice and stop talking about!

Ive clearly never been on reality TV but I’d like to think either as an actor/player, producer whatever I would have canned the Eddie parts. Poor guy- I wish him the best. 

I thoght Erica’s husband was such a DB too. I don’t even have kids and I knew what she meant by saying the other girl (her name escapes me and I scrolled up to look and didn’t find it!)  has little kids. It meant she ducking understood (always leave that autocorrect) and apologized.  What an insufferable non bar passer that lame ass guy is. I’d give him all the time in the world to pass by way of getting the hell out.

Look I hate Vicki but Micheal needs to learn he is a VP (how?!) solely by his mom so he needs to give good camera time. I give him a pass when ole Vick showed up for keg stands in college at CO but you have made a deal with the devil and need to in HW terms “own it”.

Weight loss is not hard at all people make it out to be harder then it really is.

She acknowledges that she has no discipline and is basically lazy .

You can see why the marriage fell apart she is a mess if you are a bloke going out to work everyday working your ass of to come home to some one who has done nothing they do not even prepare evening meal so you end up resorting to eating snacks yet the partner keeps moaning about weight issues so on come on.

The thing is Vicki did not setup Kelly ex they both attended her party and met then because both are friends with Vicki/ forgot her new partners name they went out for some meals there is no issue here not sure why it has been blown out plus Kelly keeps leaving out the full story (Whenever I saw Kelly and her ex on he always appeared to get on with every one she was the awful one)

The Eddie stuff is real it should be kept this is how these shows should be us seeing true life not this fake stuff they like to show us you cant just select the happy stuff we all have to deal with some awful things in life.

LOL yeah Vicki and Micheal is just odd he is smart kid knows how to play her without having to do too much.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Whoever marries Michael will have to put up with Vicki as a mother in law.

Ha, and did you hear Vicki say 'she would have a wedding to plan'?  As if the bride would cede the decision-making to Miss Vicki?

Where are Kelly's mom and brother on Thanksgiving? You know, the mom and brother that used to LIVE with her when she lived in that multi-million dollar home? Very sad if they ditched Jolee on Thanksgiving because the money train crashed.

Wow I feel for Eddie. Anyone have an update on his current condition?  

Edited by TheFinalRose
Because I'm pretty sure it's Jolee instead of Joloo
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, mon berg said:

Weight loss is not hard at all people make it out to be harder then it really is.

She acknowledges that she has no discipline and is basically lazy .

You can see why the marriage fell apart she is a mess if you are a bloke going out to work everyday working your ass of to come home to some one who has done nothing they do not even prepare evening meal so you end up resorting to eating snacks yet the partner keeps moaning about weight issues so on come on.

The thing is Vicki did not setup Kelly ex they both attended her party and met then because both are friends with Vicki/ forgot her new partners name they went out for some meals there is no issue here not sure why it has been blown out plus Kelly keeps leaving out the full story (Whenever I saw Kelly and her ex on he always appeared to get on with every one she was the awful one)

The Eddie stuff is real it should be kept this is how these shows should be us seeing true life not this fake stuff they like to show us you cant just select the happy stuff we all have to deal with some awful things in life.

LOL yeah Vicki and Micheal is just odd he is smart kid knows how to play her without having to do too much.

It easy for you or people you know but it is not easy for everyone. I am at a decent weight now, am veganish and a mom. None of that shite is easy. Say shannon is a whiny mess yeah. But weight loss isn't easy for everyone. 

Vicki is a foul asshole who thinks she can do whatever she wants to whomever she wants but u must treat her like jesus resurrected. The chicks on this show can't say they hate her vile, black hole of a soul but we can. Its not about Michael it is that Vicki is a scab infected that needs to be burned and taken off.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, smores said:

It's cool if weight loss is easy for you.  In fact, I'm happy that it is the case for you.  But, please recognize that you happen to be speaking for your sample size of one.  Other people have other situations which have differing results.  It is not always easy, for a variety of factors and that's all I'm going to say about that.

I don't think it's really an issue Michael is dating someone.  Kelly and Michael are divorced, they are over.  The problem isn't even so much that Vicki set Michael up with a friend of hers.  It's that Vicki knew Michael was dating this person that she'd set him up with, that Vicki had gone out on dates with the new couple and had never said a word to Kelly at all.  All Vicki had to do was quickly say, look, Michael met Suzie at a bbq we had and I know this is awkward, but I found out later they are going out to dinner.  I just wanted you to hear it from me.  Then, later on, say, I just don't want you to hear this from anyone else, we are doing this with Michael and Suzie.  Kelly knows Steve and Michael are friends, so if she was aware of the situation, then fine.  She might not LIKE it, but it is what it is and she knows about it.  By not telling her until afterwards, it devalues the friendship that Vicki and Kelly have/had, because Vicki opted to protect Michael and Suzie over her friendship with Kelly.  Kelly's feelings/friendship with Vicki were the last thing Vicki was worried about protecting, and THAT is what I think Kelly is upset about/hurt by. 

Love your entire post @smores

26 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

It easy for you or people you know but it is not easy for everyone. I am at a decent weight now, am veganish and a mom. None of that shite is easy. Say shannon is a whiny mess yeah. But weight loss isn't easy for everyone. 

Vicki is a foul asshole who thinks she can do whatever she wants to whomever she wants but u must treat her like jesus resurrected. The chicks on this show can't say they hate her vile, black hole of a soul but we can. Its not about Michael it is that Vicki is a scab infected that needs to be burned and taken off.

^^THIS^^ especially the bolded.  What a perfect assessment @lamujerdecente !! 

• Love 11
On 8/14/2018 at 5:39 PM, mon berg said:

Shannon still moaning about weight issues well simple do something about it no wonder David was annoyed with her she talks alot but does nothing yet he does to work everyday no wonder he had to get away shes a mess.

I am so with you here!  In the minority, but I have never understood her appeal on any level.  David stayed with her way longer than I could have!

• Love 2

Kelly couldn’t wait to divorce Michael and it was clearly obvious that she loathed him. She should be thrilled she doesn’t have to suffer his presence anymore. Unfortunately for her, she’s no prize. The whole story about that guy not buying her the sunglasses made her sound like a gold digger. Was the inappropriate makeout session with that (same?) guy at the girls dinner before or after sunglassgate? She’s a loon and Icky was wrong, but she needs to get over it already. Why would anyone invite both parties of a excouple, who fought worse than cats and dogs, to their family holiday dinner? I can only imagine how that would have played out and not in a cordial way. YMMV. 

• Love 4

Shane doesn’t look anything like a lawyer.  He looks more like a garbage collector.   There’s no way I would hire him to represent me for anything. Loud, cackling older women might not be his thing, but ugly, dopey guys with moobs bigger than mine aren’t my thing.  

Does Eddie do anything but look at his phone?  Does he even care what his doctors are saying?  I know he’s sick, but it doesn’t seem like he’s concerned.

Who’s the older woman with the duck lips and too much plastic surgery?   

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

my takeaway from this episode was that the shrimp Eddie was eating at the end, was from Costco, its $11.99 for a pound of peeled shrimp a cup of cocktail sauce and a couple lemon wedges and its damn good shrimp.  That's all I got.....I may be  checking out of OC, but I just can't quit Shannon

I saw that too and wondered what all the blue industrial fans were for in the kitchen. Was that ever mentioned? Did I miss the flood Tamra had in her house? Is that why dinner was shrimp platter? These are the questions I am left with.

• Love 2

Most of Shannon’s weight issue could be handled by eating out less and no alcohol.  You just have to commit to running a caloric deficit each day. Sure it means you might have to go without desert or wine but it is similar to paying off debt and living on a budget. 

That said, it doesn’t really have anything to do with why she is getting divorced, her ex is an asshole.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, AntAnn said:

Kelly couldn’t wait to divorce Michael and it was clearly obvious that she loathed him. She should be thrilled she doesn’t have to suffer his presence anymore. Unfortunately for her, she’s no prize. The whole story about that guy not buying her the sunglasses made her sound like a gold digger. Was the inappropriate makeout session with that (same?) guy at the girls dinner before or after sunglassgate? She’s a loon and Icky was wrong, but she needs to get over it already. Why would anyone invite both parties of a excouple, who fought worse than cats and dogs, to their family holiday dinner? I can only imagine how that would have played out and not in a cordial way. YMMV. 

Yes!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, fountain said:

Most of Shannon’s weight issue could be handled by eating out less and no alcohol.  You just have to commit to running a caloric deficit each day. Sure it means you might have to go without desert or wine but it is similar to paying off debt and living on a budget. 

If the weight problems of all people could be summed up this simply, the $66 billion dollar weight loss industry would be obsolete, and there would be a whole lot of folks on the unemployment line.  For those that believe the issue to be this black and white, join the rest of us over here in Grayland.  As always, I appreciate everyone's viewpoints, and the opportunity to express mine.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, fountain said:

That said, it doesn’t really have anything to do with why she is getting divorced, her ex is an asshole.

It sounds simple on paper, but many people also have trouble trying to stay within their budget.

Agreed. David is an asshole that was checked out of that marriage before Shannon's first season on the show.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, mon berg said:

This is not a factual statement. Weight loss is absolutely harder for some than it is for others. Women generally have a harder time losing weight than men. Women who are around menopause? Even harder. Old habits are hard to break. If they weren't, we'd all be perfect. :)

22 hours ago, mon berg said:

Shannon was shown SEVERAL times to have prepared meals when David got home. In fact, that's where her nagging about his snacking came from. She seemed like a typical mother - "don't ruin your appetite!" I hated when she did that. But I'd never characterize Shannon as someone who just sat around doing nothing all day. 

When marriages dissolve, it's rarely one person's fault. Their marriage fell apart for a myriad of reasons - one being David's inability to honor his wedding vows. Shannon certainly contributed to things along the way. But I'm not a fan of the notion that they got divorced simply because Shannon whined about her weight and didn't cook food he liked.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This is not a factual statement. Weight loss is absolutely harder for some than it is for others. Women generally have a harder time losing weight than men. Women who are around menopause? Even harder. Old habits are hard to break. If they weren't, we'd all be perfect. :)

Okay, where do you have the surveilance cam?  

I never thought anything would be harder than to quit smoking.  I was wrong.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Sorry, I'm not jumping on the Kelly love train.

There's a Kelly love train?  Is it like one of those miniature trains they have for small children to ride at the mall? 

• Love 12

I think it doesn't matter how much weight Shannon loses or how good she looks she's always going to feel inadequate. She needs to work more on the inside. She's a pretty woman and needs to realize that it's not all about what someone thinks of your naked body. She needs to quit listening to Tamra so much. 

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I think it doesn't matter how much weight Shannon loses or how good she looks she's always going to feel inadequate. She needs to work more on the inside. She's a pretty woman and needs to realize that it's not all about what someone thinks of your naked body. She needs to quit listening to Tamra so much. 

Unfortunately in southern California and in Orange County especially, there are often times more pressure to look a certain way - thin, fit and younger than you are.  Add to that Shannon being in menopause and then David having an affair, then him hooking up with someone thinner and younger than her so soon after their split and she's battling uphill to regain that self esteem.  I think she's hearing and feeling that she isn't good enough.  She seems to be on the right track with working on her health and also finding something for herself with the QVC food line and even starting to date.  I think she'll get there... We are all a work in progress of some sort or another. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, eclectcmoi said:

Unfortunately in southern California and in Orange County especially, there are often times more pressure to look a certain way - thin, fit and younger than you are.  Add to that Shannon being in menopause and then David having an affair, then him hooking up with someone thinner and younger than her so soon after their split and she's battling uphill to regain that self esteem.  I think she's hearing and feeling that she isn't good enough.  She seems to be on the right track with working on her health and also finding something for herself with the QVC food line and even starting to date.  I think she'll get there... We are all a work in progress of some sort or another. 

Excellent post! ^^^^ Love it. 

• Love 11

Shannon has her issues but David's actions are on him. It wouldnt matter if she was the size of Ariana Grande or as big as two Mama Cass women put together. He is at fault for his nastiness. Also, I do not judge anyone who is overweight especially at an older age. Hormones are no joke and they will mess with you in ways you cannot control without help.

• Love 16
On 8/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

She does love to have fun, dress up in a theme suit for poker night or that horrible green shirt for St. Patty's day...I could hang out with her, (now she has stopped crying at the drop of a hat).

She does seem like fun!  I would go to a concert with her in a heartbeat!

• Love 5
On 8/15/2018 at 2:52 PM, noveltylibrary said:

I am so with you here!  In the minority, but I have never understood her appeal on any level.  David stayed with her way longer than I could have!

Like Shannon or don't, I really don't think he left because of her weight.  He may have been fine with it if she were fine with it.  I think she looks lovely and is thinner than a lot of people in this country.  I think he left because they were ill matched.  I think had they not had kids as soon as they got married they would have divorced years earlier.  It seems like neither spoke the others love language (HA!).  He is a tool and she needs someone who loves HER not her size.  If she wants to drop the weight more quickly she needs to lay off the sauce. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, where do you have the surveilance cam?  

I never thought anything would be harder than to quit smoking.  I was wrong.

Congrats on quitting!  When I quit I decided to get back to my smaller size at the same time.  I figured that I had gained a bit of weight so I wasn't going to ADD to it when I quit.  It actually helped *me*.  I focused a ton on what I ate and exercised and that took my brain away from wanting a smoke (the patch helped as well).  I think what the other poster was saying the math is easy and I think everyone knows how to some degree its the actually doing it that is hard.  Add in being of a certain age and the metabolism is slower.  Life is busy and complicated and we are a society that wants what we want when we want it which is why a lot of people are in a huge amount of debt and heavier than they want to be or they abuse alcohol or whatever their personal vice is.   

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Congrats on quitting!  When I quit I decided to get back to my smaller size at the same time.  I figured that I had gained a bit of weight so I wasn't going to ADD to it when I quit.  It actually helped *me*.  I focused a ton on what I ate and exercised and that took my brain away from wanting a smoke (the patch helped as well).  I think what the other poster was saying the math is easy and I think everyone knows how to some degree its the actually doing it that is hard.  Add in being of a certain age and the metabolism is slower.  Life is busy and complicated and we are a society that wants what we want when we want it which is why a lot of people are in a huge amount of debt and heavier than they want to be or they abuse alcohol or whatever their personal vice is.   

Whether the difficulties with losing weight, becoming sober or whatever, are biological or emotional, they are real difficulties.  I'm glad for you that you were so thoughtful in your approach and didn't trade problems like I did.  For me, I had to concentrate on not putting that tobacco stick between my lips, and only on that.  I never even held a cigarette after that last day 12 years ago.  I'm putting in work now on the next problem.  Hope it works out.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Whether the difficulties with losing weight, becoming sober or whatever, are biological or emotional, they are real difficulties.  I'm glad for you that you were so thoughtful in your approach and didn't trade problems like I did.  For me, I had to concentrate on not putting that tobacco stick between my lips, and only on that.  I never even held a cigarette after that last day 12 years ago.  I'm putting in work now on the next problem.  Hope it works out.

Of course!  I never want to make light of the difficulties losing weight or any other issue!   I know for ME unless I am all in I can't accomplish something where someone else may be able to take a more moderate approach.  My cousin quit smoking the same time I did and she only wanted to take things one at a time.  She is going to focus on her weight once she feels more settled on the non smoking.  That is awesome it has been 12 years for you.  Congrats!!!!  Now I am on to quitting caffeine.  We will see how that goes.  I have an addictive personality and moderation is not something I am good at.  Thank god I never liked alcohol.

Re Shannon, I think losing 180lbs was a good start.  Now that David is out of the pic she can focus on herself and daughters rather than trying to please a man that couldn't be pleased by her.  It will happen or it won't.  As long as she likes herself regardless of what size her jeans are.

• Love 6

I think the Shannon/David thing was 50/50, but flaunting his young GF is a slap in Shannon’s face and I hate him for that.  Yes, she was probably hell to live with, but cut her loose and give her time to get over it.  He’s rubbing in in her face, knowing how insecure about her looks and age she’s feeling right now.  

Shannon it’s time to dress up like Bert and strut.  After all, who has a whole fucking airport in Ireland named after her?  Shannon Beador, that’s who.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Like Shannon or don't, I really don't think he left because of her weight.  He may have been fine with it if she were fine with it.  I think she looks lovely and is thinner than a lot of people in this country.  I think he left because they were ill matched.  I think had they not had kids as soon as they got married they would have divorced years earlier.  It seems like neither spoke the others love language (HA!).  He is a tool and she needs someone who loves HER not her size.  If she wants to drop the weight more quickly she needs to lay off the sauce. 

You quoted me so just to let you know her weight or looks were the last thing I was thinking for why I don't blame him for leaving!  She is annoying AF.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Shannon it’s time to dress up like Bert and strut.  After all, who has a whole fucking airport in Ireland named after her?  Shannon Beador, that’s who.  

YES!  I have been missing that nickname since ROL went off the air.

• Love 5

There is an update from May, that said the Eddie is no longer in Afib. I hope thats true. My husband, with a history of Aprtic disection , is currently in Afib. hes had a bunch of tests and they put him on blood thinners and will do carioverion in a month. I hope this doesnt go on for 6 months like eddie

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

there is an update fro May that said the Eddie is no longer in Afib. I hope thats true. My husband, with a history of Aprtic disection , is currently in Afib. hes had a bunch of tests and they put him on blood thinners and will do carioverion in a month. I hope this doesnt go on for 6 months like eddie

Best to him with that.  I'm sure it will go well.

• Love 2
On 8/15/2018 at 9:08 PM, fountain said:

Well, this...and she’s not really fat, either! 

Depression is an evil bitch, too! It can be “simple” but mentally not everyone is wired that way. As someone who’s struggled their whole life...I get it, and I am not even fat either (but would almost DIE to just be thin)! 

• Love 4
On 8/16/2018 at 6:14 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

If the weight problems of all people could be summed up this simply, the $66 billion dollar weight loss industry would be obsolete, and there would be a whole lot of folks on the unemployment line.  For those that believe the issue to be this black and white, join the rest of us over here in Grayland.  As always, I appreciate everyone's viewpoints, and the opportunity to express mine.

And even some men struggle to lose weight.

For me, the only way I can lose weight is if I exercise 2 hours every day and eat no more than 1500 calories.  After 10 years of doing this, I just said forget it...I'd rather enjoy my life and be 20 lbs heavier than hangry 24/7.  

I also did a personal trainer for a spell in my mid 20s and I did an oxidation test (which determines where the calories being burned were coming from..i.e fat, muscle, water, etc.) And my results showed almost none of the calories burned were coming from fat..it was all coming from muscle and water areas..even though i was eating healthy and at 2000 calories per day.  So it isn't as easy as people make it out to be.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

And even some men struggle to lose weight.

For me, the only way I can lose weight is if I exercise 2 hours every day and eat no more than 1500 calories.  After 10 years of doing this, I just said forget it...I'd rather enjoy my life and be 20 lbs heavier than hangry 24/7.  

I also did a personal trainer for a spell in my mid 20s and I did an oxidation test (which determines where the calories being burned were coming from..i.e fat, muscle, water, etc.) And my results showed almost none of the calories burned were coming from fat..it was all coming from muscle and water areas..even though i was eating healthy and at 2000 calories per day.  So it isn't as easy as people make it out to be.

Sounds like you gave it a yeoman's effort.  I have paid lip service to losing weight a few times over the past 15 years, but this is a serious effort, and I hope to see results.  No, it sure isn't easy.

• Love 1

Here’s an unexpected way to lose weight without even trying: stop eating gluten and don’t replace with gluten-free grain/flour products. (Remember when low-fat diets were filled with high-sugar replacement products?)

I had to give up gluten because it made my injured knee swell up, and soon needed to add extra potatoes (and eventually rice) because I couldn’t stop losing weight. Same thing happened to my husband and two friends - it’s pretty cool. But the trick seems to be not using the gluten-free flour/grain products.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

Vickie knows how to keep the drama going. The OG of the OC knows that Kelly is a loose cannon and would be upset that exhusband is dating, and that vickie is going out with him.

I half expect vickie to go out with david beador and kellys ex-husband and say nothing as well. Shes a big enough asshole to do that too

• Love 3
On 8/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, Bronzedog said:

I hate Emily’s husband.  He reminds me of Lydia’s husband Doug.  They may be the same person.

"She was loud.  And cursed!"  What do you expect at a goddamn poker game ffs?! 

Yeah, he's kinda dickish for sure.  I don't get him -- women are to be seen and not heard?  Then what are the rules regarding his tiresome mother?

The first thing I noticed about both Emily and Doug -- I mean Shane:  they both have the same blindingly white and fake looking teeth.

• Love 3