Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E19: Power of Veto #6

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

August 8, 2018

Who will play Power of Veto and who will win? Will Tyler or Rockstar be removed from the Block or nominations stay the same? Be prepared for fun and surprises!

Kaycee so happy about playing for POV. Angela presses her mouth closed to keep from smiling. Tyler sits there with a blank stare.

I'm trying to figure out Fessy's hat. And here's Rockstar with her fake accent.

That's quite a set (Space Pecs!).

• Love 2

Lol, that speech was hilarious. That's all I got besides the wish to never have to see those pecs again. This season just keeps on giving. Its been a long time since I've enjoyed a season of BB.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 8

A pinky promise is a legally binding oath. Angela better not put Scottie up or he has grounds for a law suit.

Brett and Insta-Granny. That should be good. Angela's not that good at reading her lines, either.

I can't watch that Chomp commercial.

Wow, cold speech from Angela. And Bayleigh's not the Hacker.

Rockstar is puzzled. And they finish with Fessy's puzzled face.

• Love 6

Shout out to the editors.  They ended this episode with the same exact type of shot from the last episode ... Fessy sitting alone on the couch looking totally clueless ... again.  Brilliant!  Hahaha.

Edited by green
  • Love 18

Hacker turmoil!!!

Hay is right.  Keep your mouth shut!

No JC  just no.  Hacking yourself on the block is bad, dumb strategy.

Bayleigh is already Angela's backdoor target, might as well pin the Hacker on her.

Angela and KC totally misting Bayleaf.  LOL

The Veto pick now makes her look even more guilty.

Fessy looking confused.  As usual.

Poor Scottie, he's just about as clueless as the rest of them.

Mr. Pecridiculous.  Desperate to the end.

Pecking Order Punishment Veto.  One of my favorites.

Scottie really wants to be Tyler's friend.  I don't blame Ty for not trusting him.  Geeks can be sneaky.

Angela is pretty slick.  Good job pleading to Scotty.

Tyler too.  The Hawaii trip has to be for 2, so he just has to promise Brett, on the down low, to take him along.

HayBay & Co.  couldn't buy a clue.  Here comes a Big Move!

The Ice Princess is about to be promoted to Queen.

BOOM!

• Love 2

I seriously hope that we're not supposed to be rooting for Angela. I am not rooting for Angela. I find her vile, and unnecessarily nasty. After what she pulled with Rachel, why we are supposed to be rooting for her plans to work is beyond me. Level 6 is fine, but they're not exactly a rag-tag band of underdogs.

• Love 19

Dead eyed Tyler is saved- why can’t some see who he is aligned with?  I guess it must be difficult to figure it out while in the house.  I wonder if people are so busy socializing that they don’t take the time to observe their fellow house guests. 

Even though Bayleigh is annoying, I felt bad for her when Angela put her on the block. Angela has been wrong about both Bayleigh and Rachel. She’s a real piece of work. 

Edited by rockibirdi
  • Love 9

I was hoping for more from that veto ceremony tbh.

Yeah JC Tyler totally put himself up as the hacker.  :eyeroll

Not sure how Angela got to end up with the veto.  I think Scottie was a little afraid to try and pull it from ice cold clutches.

I hated Jesse in BB10, but I have come around on him. He obviously doesn't take himself very seriously and he's a pretty good sport. 

• Love 9

Yeah, Angela is just mean.  I don't particularly like Bayleigh, and had no feelings at all about Rachel, but Angela enjoys playing nice and then digging the knife in her supposed friends.   I might like her more if she showed any joy or wit about it.   But I don't see her going anywhere soon, which is certainly not something I would have said last week when I couldn't even remember her name.  

• Love 16

Right!!! Fessy says it too.  Annoying. 

I thought the speech from Angela was fun to watch, but totally going to backfire if Bay stays. 

I wanted to see Instagrammy! 

Edited by Cherry Cola
Fessy not Feast
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Right!!! Fessy says it too.  Annoying. 

I thought the speech from Angela was fun to watch, but totally going to backfire if Bay stays. 

I wanted to see Instagrammy! 

I'm so confused.  How can Bayleigh stay now?  I thought if they convinced her that they really wanted someone else out and she didn't save them when they were nominated then her power is gone?  I'm so confused by all these special powers and hackers and whatevers!  How can she still stay? 

• Love 3

God Angela is such a bitch.  She does know you can talk to people like a normal fucking person, yeah?

Although, I had no idea that HOH-itis is a communicable disease.  Bayleigh kinda had it coming.

• Love 19

Wow, Angela really enjoys being a mean girl. Why not let Tyler win the Veto? She’d prefer to give up a trip to Hawaii and get “blood on her hands” just so she could give that bitchy (and hilariously wrong) speech? I still can’t believe Tyler didn’t choose the Veto but, damn, that kid clearly has super powers when it comes to reading people. He somehow got himself off the block and kept everyone happy.  

I clearly have Stockholm Syndrome because I hated Jesse in his season but now it makes me smile whenever he shows up. 

• Love 18

Please, Big Brother announcer, why did you have to end the episode by calling Bayleaf, "QUEEN BAY!!" ??

I'm glad I didn't have to do that Veto comp.  I would have been puking from all the running back and forth and seeing Jessie's muscle moobs and peanut head.  His season was 10 years ago???  Huh.  He looks like he either has not aged or he's had some work did.

Glad Tyler and Scottie got some prizes.

That new girl "Angela" seems mean!  I wonder why they didn't put her in the house until day 45?  

Fezzy and RoqueStaah don't seem to do anything but stare into space with their mouths open.  They kept Sam's visibility down to a minimum, didn't they?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, stcroix said:

I'm so confused.  How can Bayleigh stay now?  I thought if they convinced her that they really wanted someone else out and she didn't save them when they were nominated then her power is gone?  I'm so confused by all these special powers and hackers and whatevers!  How can she still stay? 

I don't know if she could.  It was just my thought because we never really know who Tyler will choose to keep, and flip the votes and what not. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 4

Angela not only likes stabbing people in the back she revels in it... and in speeches. She loves speeches pointing out over and over again what a bitch she is. Too bad she's 0-2; she's clearly not getting 'hits' (unless they are acid).

That really did NOT go well for Hay, did it? Wow.

• Love 12

First a minute for a justified rant here. I had this episode spoiled for me because it takes a special brand of moron to put  a mention  that Bayliegh was on the block in the TITLE of a YOUTUBE video for people to accidentally stumble over.

Since I knew the outcome I was able to fast-forward through the boring competition and Mir. Pectacular (Christ Grodner...can't you surprise us for once by bringing back a random person we haven't seen in years like JUN from BB4 instead of your endless cavalcade of pets?)

Anyway as soon as Tyler went on the block I knew Production would do everything they could to rig it in Tyler's favor so it was  no surprise they trotted out one of two competitions that the houseguests can manipulate to get what they want...in this one the veto winner is not absolute...despite their rigging expecting Tyler to of course win and use it on himself they must have been surprised to see he stole the Hawaii trip instead.

It's astonishing that Angela who was as they say  was Furniture for the first half of game suddenly emerges as this bitch on wheels villain. Equally astonishing is the fact that Swaggy C of all people had her number as a douchebag all the way back to episode 2 when he appeared just to be paranoid. Props to you Swaggy where ever you are.

This episode is the turning point where we will have to suffer through Jaycee, Angela, Brett and of course, Tyler who you couldn't get out of the house at this point with a stick of dynamite ruling the roost until Tyler's inevitable coronation at the end of the summer.

Hate it when we lose an interesting player so I will be sad to see Bayleigh go as she is VERY easy on the eyes.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 4

How exactly was that competition supposed to be “rigged”?

I was both cringing and laughing so hard at that Veto speech. Oh Angela... Bay had it coming so I’ll be glad to see her leave but damn that was harsh for all the wrong reasons.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

How exactly was that competition supposed to be “rigged”?

If you have a whole faction working to get a Level 6 player off the block that veto was going to get swapped in a way that ensured it no matter what. The producer's veiled attempt at rigging nearly came to naught with Scottie this close to actually winning. I would have laughed.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, stcroix said:

No.  Bay's power is to change the nominations BEFORE the original nomination ceremony.  And she spilled all the details so they know it was good not just for this week when she passed on using it but she can do it one of the two next weeks.  Which means she has huge power in the game.  That is the main reason they want her out.  She can totally screw up their game and set up one of L6 up for an eviction they can't escape.

Had she not blabbed about her power to Rachel she would not have been on the block right now.  Rachel blabbed to her side and then when Brad made his speech Bay attempted "damage control" by filling in the exact details of her power that the other side was still fuzzy about, haha.

4 hours ago, springbarb said:

Angela's speech was SO cringe-worthy, knowing that Bay isn't the Hacker. It's 100% the right move, given Bay's power, but still.

Angela does NOT know she is the hacker as yet.  Hay never told anyone, not even Bay, before the veto ceremony.

And a lot of things pointed to Bay and we saw one tonight where she, Angela and Kaycee were discussing the perfect pick the Hacker should use as their "hack" into the veto ceremony.  They all agreed Kaycee was just the ticket.  Then we see Bay goes down and tells Hay and Fessy that it would be perfect for their side if Kaycee was the Hacker's veto choice because she would leave the noms the same.  And low and behold Hay followed that advice even though Bay didn't know she was the Hacker. 

Bay pretty much has been setting up her being on the block as the main target ever since she got HOH and decided to blab her big power app secret to Rachel.

Now Angela knows not only that she has that power app but also it seems a very logical deduction given that convo in the HOH and other things to suspect Bay is indeed the Hacker as well and has double crossed her.  So she truly believed Bay was the Hacker and broke their deal to not interfere with Angela's noms so that is what she is using as a reason for putting her up.

Of course Tyler is right.  Even if Bay turned out not to be the Hacker she still has to go because her power app is good for 2 more weeks to use.  L6 has no choice at this point but to try and get her out this week.  But the whole Hacker thing gives Angela what she feels is a logical reason "cover" to say the deal is off because Bay broke the deal first.  And an Ice Goddess has to do what an Ice Goddess has to do bringing some unneeded coldness to her speech, heh.

Meanwhile Hay is all "Gosh and gollies I was just so concerned to hide myself from being suspected how ever would little ol' me know someone else would be suspected as a result let alone one of my closest allies."  

The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight is the most happily dumb alliance ever that just keeps giving and giving this season.  Their ineptness is our entertainment.  How many more episodes will we see the last shot be of Fessy sitting alone on the couch with a look of total confusion and bewilderment on his face.  Priceless.

PS:  And no, the competition was NOT rigged.  Unless it was by "The Gang Who Can't Shoot Straight" rigging it against themselves, haha.  Which they kind of did because Hay could have played for veto and passed it off anonymously as the Hacker choosing her and not given it away to Kaycee instead.  Or she could have chosen Fessy, a trained athlete who has been pretty decent at competitions.  And Fessy would have stood a good chance of winning this one.  But no no no.  She only went halfway in then pooped her pants afraid to take her shot for fear of being discovered.  She was afraid to go for the win and became a chicken.

Edited by green
  • Love 11

I feel like every season, whenever a player does well, there are people who say the entire season is rigged for him/her to win but I just don't buy it. Sure, production can definitely influence things, but they can't control which random names are pulled to play in the Veto comp. It very easily could have been Hay, Bay or Faysal who got picked. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
Missing pronoun...ugh!
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, green said:

Angela does NOT know she is the hacker as yet.  Hay never told anyone, not even Bay, before the veto ceremony.

I think she meant it was cringe-worthy because we, the viewers, knew Bay wasn't the hacker.  I hope we get to see Angela's reaction when she finds out what an idiot she looked like. And if it happens after the season is over, I will pay good money to get one of her friends to record it when she does find out.

And, yes, totally agree about Hay's dumb Hacker pick for Veto! Why would you not pick someone, anyone, from your alliance?!

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I feel like every season, whenever a player does well, there are people say the entire season is rigged for him/her to win but I just don't buy it. Sure, production can definitely influence things, but they can't control which random names are pulled to play in the Veto comp. It very easily could have been Hay, Bay or Faysal who got picked. 

Paul's mega week safety at the start of the last season pretty much torpedos your argument. Look how far he got and would have gotten but for Cody's delicious revenge.

• Love 5
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

I think she meant it was cringe-worthy because we, the viewers, knew Bay wasn't the hacker.  I hope we get to see Angela's reaction when she finds out what an idiot she looked like. And if it happens after the season is over, I will pay good money to get one of her friends to record it when she does find out.

I honestly doubt she'd care. The Hack Attack on her nominations was just a cover for breaking the deal which she was going to do all along because Bay has the power app and needs to go asap. 

And given what we see that Angela sees I don't think she was an idiot to believe that either as I said in my post above.  See the Kaysee as a choice to keep noms the same especially. 

This was a trap Kaysee and Angela set up to kind of offer final "proof"" that Bay was indeed the Hacker by leading Bay to conclude that the best choice to keep the noms the same, which Bay wanted, was if the Hacker picked Kaycee.  And low and behold Kaycee is suddenly chosen as the Hacker's pick. 

They added 1 + 1 and got 2 so logically speaking, Bay was indeed acting like the Hacker.  Angela's only mistake was to assume that anything the other side of the house does is remotely logical.

• Love 4

And here's Rockstar with her fake accent.

Yeah, what the hell is up with that?

I don't know if anyone else watched "Flava of Love" back in the day but there was a very "performative" contestant nicknamed BuckWild, who had a very exaggerated fake accent. The show she was voted out she dropped it and Flava Flav asked what happened to the accent.  There have been a few times this season that I asked myself whether Rockstar was BuckWild.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Paul's mega week safety at the start of the last season pretty much torpedos your argument. Look how far he got and would have gotten but for Cody's delicious revenge.

That torpedos nothing. Production handed Jessica an advantage too. And Cody was the one who turned the entire house against himself, thus creating a house full of people who preferred Paul. But I'm not going to argue about last season because that entire house was filled with assholes and I wish I could forget pretty much all of them.

2 minutes ago, green said:

I honestly doubt she'd care. The Hack Attack on her nominations was just a cover for breaking the deal which she was going to do all along because Bay has the power app and needs to go asap. 

Oh, she shouldn't feel like an idiot for thinking Bay was the Hacker, that could easily be believed based on all the things you mentioned. She should feel like an idiot for being such a smug bitch about it.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Oh, she shouldn't feel like an idiot for thinking Bay was the Hacker, that could easily be believed based on all the things you mentioned. She should feel like an idiot for being such a smug bitch about it.

Ahhh, but there are so many smug moments on BB hers will be long forgotten by the time we get to the end.  Well maybe not by Bay, hah.  Or by "Swaggy C" on Twitter endlessly trying to get more than his pathetic 15 minutes of fame out of all of this season.  Chris, it is over.  Go get a real job and grow up.

• Love 9

Can someone explain to me why they're telling Bayleigh she's nominated because she's the hacker instead of telling her the truth, that it's because of the power app. I mean, the app that Bay possesses is VERY powerful and it's a legitimate excuse to want her out. Bay would only have herself to blame since she shouldn't have blabbed about it to Rachel.

I really dislike Bay, but I kind of felt sorry for her when she was nominated  and she sheepishly said, "I'm not the hacker." Then when Angela called her attention, she responds, "yes, ma'am?" Awwwwwwwww.......ok, I'm over it!

• Love 4

I have not been a Bayleaf fan since day one. As a frequent flyer, the last thing I want to deal with at the end of a busy week is a rude flight attendant or ticket counter agent (they showed her working at the ticket counter on her introduction).  So...I loved seeing her of the block and am hoping she's sent packing.  Her tiara can hit her on her backside on the way out of the door!

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Jessie is bizarrely charming. I can't believe how far he's come. He has a great sense of humor about himself. Good for him. 

Probably because Jessie's not on camera for more than 10 minutes at a time; he's a LOT easier to take in small doses.  ;>

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Can someone explain to me why they're telling Bayleigh she's nominated because she's the hacker instead of telling her the truth, that it's because of the power app. I mean, the app that Bay possesses is VERY powerful and it's a legitimate excuse to want her out. Bay would only have herself to blame since she shouldn't have blabbed about it to Rachel.

I really dislike Bay, but I kind of felt sorry for her when she was nominated  and she sheepishly said, "I'm not the hacker." Then when Angela called her attention, she responds, "yes, ma'am?" Awwwwwwwww.......ok, I'm over it!

Because right after Angela won HOH she made a deal with Bay.  She would NOT nominate Bay if Bay would NOT change her nominations with her power app.  This "pact" was Bay's idea and Angela was happy to agree to lull Bay to sleep for this week.

Angela intended all along to backdoor Bay if she could because of that stupid power app lasting two more weeks.  But if Bay is the Hacker -- and Angela has some good reasons at this point to believe she is -- it is Bay that nulled and voided their promise by hacking Angela's nominations after all.  So Angela can now use this as an excuse to backdoor her without seeming to have broken her promise which Bay had already broken.  Less blood on her hands in BB parlance I guess.

Edited by green
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, green said:

Because right after Angela won HOH she made a deal with Bay.  She would NOT nominate Bay if Bay would NOT change her nominations with her power app.  This "pact" was Bay's idea and Angela was happy to agree to lull Bay to sleep for this week.

Angela intended all along to backdoor Bay if she could because of that stupid power app lasting two more weeks.  But if Bay is the Hacker -- and Angela has some good reasons at this point to believe she is -- it is Bay that nulled and voided their promise by hacking Angela's nominations after all.  So Angela can now use this as an excuse to backdoor her without seeming to have broken her promise which Bay had already broken.  Less blood on her hands in BB parlance I guess.

Thanks for the explanation, although I kinda wish Angela would throw Bay's quote back to her, "Checks bounce in the Big Brother house." But the whole blood on your hands thing, I guess.

• Love 5

So much idiocy in this house! 

Angela saying "fustrating" multiple times. Bayleigh ready to turn on NonStar at every turn. Look, that muppet is annoying as fuck, but what reason does she have to continually suspect her of being disloyal? NonStar is the type to be loyal to a fault. Then you've got JC actually thinking it's a possibility that Tyler put HIMSELF on the block as the Hacker. Jeez Louise. 

Haleigh did do a good job of covering herself, though. Everyone in the house either thought it was Scottie or Bayleigh. I've said it before, but she's probably the only one with any sense on her side of the house. 

I could have lived the rest of my life without seeing Mr. Pectacular again. Gag me. 

So I'm glad things worked out the way they did - for Tyler's sake. That Veto - I couldn't even watch. But I just have to say - Angela is a fucking bitch. She's so full of herself, for absolutely no reason. She's an idiot! First of all, she thinks that she shouldn't "let" Tyler take the Veto because it will clue people in that they're working together. Well, what does loudly promising, "I will use this on you" do???? Then her smugness about Bayleaf being the Hacker? Just ridiculous. She thinks she's a genius, but she couldn't be further from the truth. I just can't stand her. 

• Love 9

This was kind of a boring episode since Rockstar was the only one who was playing Veto for someone who wasnt Tyler and that's just because she was trying to save herself. 

Bayleigh deserves to be back doored after wasting that power. Knowing her alliance would likely be targeted but doing nothing about it.

It is funny seeing L6 so certain that Bay is the hacker.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, vb68 said:

Not sure how Angela got to end up with the veto.  I think Scottie was a little afraid to try and pull it from ice cold clutches.

It wouldn't have mattered if Scottie took it, because Tyler would have taken it from HIM. Tyler let her keep it because it was her HOH and she really wanted the power. They're in an alliance together and it could have rocked the boat if he showed that he didn't trust her. 

I just wonder if Brett is pissed about losing Hawaii to him. But what was Tyler going to do? Win that hard-ass comp only to keep a punishment????

10 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Wow, Angela really enjoys being a mean girl. Why not let Tyler win the Veto? She’d prefer to give up a trip to Hawaii and get “blood on her hands” just so she could give that bitchy (and hilariously wrong) speech? I still can’t believe Tyler didn’t choose the Veto but, damn, that kid clearly has super powers when it comes to reading people. He somehow got himself off the block and kept everyone happy.  

You're right, though. I think it would have been smarter for Angela's game to let him take it. She'd know that she'd still technically have "the power" because Tyler would pull himself off and she'd pick the replacement. But in that case, she could play it off like, "He pulled himself off. I had no choice. I'm sorry, I'm picking you Bayleigh because you were HOH last week and you really showed the house how smart and powerful you are". Instead, she outed her allegiances and painted a big ol target on her back. 

8 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Exactly. I can totally see anyone in the house thinking it was Bayleigh, based on how things worked out. However, unless you were actually TOLD, you can't be 100%. So for her to get up there and proclaim she's known from the beginning who the Hacker is and now she still stop the Hacker, blahblahblah....it was such a joke. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It is funny seeing L6 so certain that Bay is the hacker.

Gotta admit, there was a good circumstantial case to be made for Lwtf’s misperception.  Just pure coincidence (and bad luck for Bae) the false flag Angela and Kaycee ran up to Bae - i.e., Kaycee being their optimal Hacker pick for the PoV comp because she wouldn’t use PoV on anybody - also happened to be Hay’s Hacker pick, as the HG choice least likely to blow Hay’s cover.  

IMHO that sequence of events - pitching Kaycee’s name, and the Hacker choosing Kaycee shortly after - probably did more to cement Lwtf’s Hacker misconceptions than anything else.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, North of Eden said:

That't not even a comparable argument.  A veto and Paul's 'power' voted by America episode 1 of the season aren't even close to the same type of situation.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, vb68 said:

I hated Jesse in BB10, but I have come around on him. He obviously doesn't take himself very seriously and he's a pretty good sport. 

Same here; I actually went 'YAY' when he came on.

12 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I don't know if anyone else watched "Flava of Love" back in the day but there was a very "performative" contestant nicknamed BuckWild, who had a very exaggerated fake accent. The show she was voted out she dropped it and Flava Flav asked what happened to the accent.  There have been a few times this season that I asked myself whether Rockstar was BuckWild.

Who can forget the lovely Buckwild?

Buckwild.gif

• Love 4