Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

There seems to be an assumption that Hazel's parents don't work and could therefore care for a child.  I'm not sure that's true.  I think anyone so deep in poverty would be out every day trying to find something to get paid for.

And of course poverty isn't a ticket to a green card.  Hazel isn't asking for charity, though; she's apparently willing to wed (and bed) Tardis (thank you Drogo), which I think is a pretty high price to pay.  Her desire to improve her life--and we know from past episodes that she would be sending money back to her parents, so to improve their life as well, not to mention the son she hopes to bring with her to the US--makes her kind of a heroine to me.  Her desperation showed most, I think, when she was so concerned that Tardis had hooked up with his old girlfriend en route.  She's willing to sacrifice all that she has--which isn't much, granted, but it's hers--to try to help her family and herself.

We don't know how much Hazel knows about Tardis' life in the US, either.  Hell, he might be as poor as Angela or as nutty as Paul when he's at home.  We don't know whether she knows about Arielle--and Tardis' desperation (for hot young Asian hoo-hah) shows when he assured the camera that Hazel would make a good stepmother.  Based on what, exactly?  Her pert little breasts?

Neither of them has been entirely open about their motives, but unless Tardis has a room-temperature IQ, he has noticed the poverty in which she lives.  Any sane person might figure out that escape from that dreadful poverty just might be a factor in her "attraction" to him.  And so what if she doesn't really love him?  He doesn't really love her--he wants to fuck her; he didn't really know anything about her life, apparently, when he came to the Philippines.  Assuming she doesn't really love him, I think it's a safe bet she would still be a pliant, faithful wife, if only out of fear of being abandoned.  I think Hazel would be the sex slave Tardis hopes to bring home.  What's love got to do with it?

• Love 12

I was a big Uncle Ben’s broccoli and cheese fan. I would make a big bowl of it and pour canned cream of corn over it. I miss those days. If it wasn’t so high in carbs I would eat that every single day. 

I think Ricky and the runner-up May have been in a relationship for awhile. Maybe more than just over the internet. They were too comfortable with each other. The runner-up was way too friendly for a first time meeting. I wouldn’t be that friendly with anyone on a first date. Ricky didn’t even seem to be as “nervous” as he was with Melissa. 

I think Angela was happier with the fantasy of what her relationship with Michael would be. They all are for that matter. Other than the fat comment, I don’t see anything to really be upset with Michael about. I think it’s hitting Angela that Michael is a real person, from a completely different culture and maybe this relationship will not play well in her community when she goes home. Also, I wonder if she is getting stressed because she is paying for everything and likely running out of money. It is possible she thought he would be paying to take care of her while there. 

• Love 4

Anyone remember when winning a truck load of Rice-A-Roni was a common prize on game shows?  

And I've decided that I don't like anyone this season.  Usually there's at least one hopeful idiot I can root for, but this bunch is letting me down big time.  Even if baby Lucy may now join my fantasy team with Anfisa's cat, and Patrick's mom.

Oh, and speaking of moms, I love how to the point Pole's mom has been.  No wedding, no baby.  Too bad Paul has ignored her on both.

Edited by Kangatush
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Mothra said:

There seems to be an assumption that Hazel's parents don't work and could therefore care for a child.  I'm not sure that's true.  I think anyone so deep in poverty would be out every day trying to find something to get paid for.

And of course poverty isn't a ticket to a green card.  Hazel isn't asking for charity, though; she's apparently willing to wed (and bed) Tardis (thank you Drogo), which I think is a pretty high price to pay. Her desire to improve her life--and we know from past episodes that she would be sending money back to her parents, so to improve their life as well, not to mention the son she hopes to bring with her to the US--makes her kind of a heroine to me.  Her desperation showed most, I think, when she was so concerned that Tardis had hooked up with his old girlfriend en route.  She's willing to sacrifice all that she has--which isn't much, granted, but it's hers--to try to help her family and herself.

We don't know how much Hazel knows about Tardis' life in the US, either.  Hell, he might be as poor as Angela or as nutty as Paul when he's at home.  We don't know whether she knows about Arielle--and Tardis' desperation (for hot young Asian hoo-hah) shows when he assured the camera that Hazel would make a good stepmother.  Based on what, exactly?  Her pert little breasts?

Neither of them has been entirely open about their motives, but unless Tardis has a room-temperature IQ, he has noticed the poverty in which she lives.  Any sane person might figure out that escape from that dreadful poverty just might be a factor in her "attraction" to him.  And so what if she doesn't really love him?  He doesn't really love her--he wants to fuck her; he didn't really know anything about her life, apparently, when he came to the Philippines.  Assuming she doesn't really love him, I think it's a safe bet she would still be a pliant, faithful wife, if only out of fear of being abandoned.  I think Hazel would be the sex slave Tardis hopes to bring home.  What's love got to do with it?

I agree. If Hazel’s parents aren’t working it’s because they have health problems that prevent it, not because they enjoy their leisure time.

I think Hazel is more pragmatic than Tariq though. Tariq wants to hold onto his notions of “true love” rather than admit (even to himself) that he wants partnered sex, domestic support, companionship and a caregiver for his daughter- in exchange he will offer financial security and stability in the USA.

For the record I don’t think there is anything wrong with a man wanting these things and offering financial security to get them (speaking of a heteronormative framework here)- so long as the woman is an adult, and he isn’t abusive to her and oh maybe treats her nicely cause it’s always better to be nice to the person who makes your food and can watch you sleep. And I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a woman offering partnered sex, companionship and domestic support in order to be financially secure- again don’t be abusive and be nice to people!

I am not saying they wouldn’t grow to have genuine affection (even Love) for each other- but today? No. 

However if they were both pragmatic and understanding of their situation, what each wanted the story line would be boring. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
On 9/3/2018 at 1:12 AM, Splithair said:

I think I wore that same shirt that Tarik was wearing when I was in 5th grade, over a white t-shirt, circa 1994.

Really?  I didn't get that vibe from her at all.  Melissa, yes, but not Ximena.

Yes, I like Ximena.  She has a wholesome, sweet look about her.  I don't know if she could pull that off if her long-term work were...um...entertaining men.

• Love 4
On 9/2/2018 at 8:46 PM, Frozendiva said:

If I fry or grill a steak on the stove, it's in my Le Creuset grill pan. The pan has to be seasoned properly, the steak needs to be seared on high heat. That steak looked like something that came out of my old George Foreman Grill.

Oh my god, I wanted to die when I saw him "cooking" that steak in a goddamn dollar store nonstick frying pan.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Yes, I like Ximena.  She has a wholesome, sweet look about her.  I don't know if she could pull that off if her long-term work were...um...entertaining men.

That is how I felt about Miriam, granted she should have told whats his face about the boyfriend in advance, unless he pulled a Ricky and just said he was showing up.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

it’s always better to be nice to the person who makes your food and can watch you sleep

"That's right, baby.  It's all my fault.  Now why don't you go lie down and take a nap?"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

"That's right, baby.  It's all my fault.  Now why don't you go lie down and take a nap?"

Not to make light of domestic violence, but I always thought it was dumb as fuck to terrorize the person that cooks for you and sleeps under your roof. Do you want your throat cut as you sleep or glass in your food?

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not to make light of domestic violence, but I always thought it was dumb as fuck to terrorize the person that cooks for you and sleeps under your roof. Do you want your throat cut as you sleep or class in your food?

I think you would be pretty safe if you rent the same AirBnB that Darcey had with the dull knives.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Any single person you meet in the Philippines is probably living with a parent, grandparents, aunt... 18 or finished school whichever comes first and be put out of the nest is America's culture, it is not the Filipino way.

Is it not the Filipino way as a matter of culture or money?

Does Hazel live with her folks merely because she she is single and singles live with their family or because she is poor and she cannot afford to live on her own? 

If it’s a cultural thing way isn’t her son able to live there?

7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Does Hazel live with her folks merely because she she is single and singles live with their family or because she is poor and she cannot afford to live on her own? 

Because baby daddy and his extended family probably has better living conditions and Filipinos make that sacrifice for their children. That is why 10% of the adult population works abroad, not seeing their children for years at a time  and remit money back to their families and are described as national heroes 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

Anyone remember when winning a truck load of Rice-A-Roni was a common prize on game shows?  

I remember that!! Hey no dis to the Roni but if I make a steak I gotta have some potatoes with that! Twice baked or loaded even nice creamy mashed potatoes... mmmm 

I’d put rice a roni with some pork chops or Catalina chicken

• Love 2

Filipinos stay at home unless they have to move for work as a general rule. But of course there are exceptions. It is American culture, not Filipino which look down on adults living with their families. For a well off Filipino to have his own place and his grandmother was alone would be scandalous and locals would think he was a loner not interested in the family making it harder for him to find a mate. He would have to explain why he was alone the opposite of an American explaining why he is still with family 

Edited by Raja
  • Love 12

When Darcey and Jesse were shopping, they got two large bins of lettuce and 3 brontosaurus steaks “because we eat a lot.” I just laughed and laughed. These two have NEVER eaten ANYTHING in the presence of each other. And, right on cue, as soon as dinner is served, they start bickering over nothing and one of them goes storming out the door. These two literally have ONE storyline—just choose the uneaten meal and the fight topic du joir. Next week I’m guessing a seared rare tuna filet over mixed greens and a knock-down-drag-out over the “right” way to position the toilet paper roll.

I’m married, but if I ever find myself in need of a mail-order husband scam, just tell me where to send my life’s savings to Michael’s hot friend. 

• Love 15

Sorry if this has been mentioned -- I was babysitting my almost 1 year old grand-twins on Sunday, and missed the first hour of the show....did I see a clip (in the previews) of Karine in a hospital bed? What ever happened with that? Thank you!

It seemed as if Ang got meaner after crossing the Bridge of San Luis Rey. She says big, he says fat and she goes off. She says old, he says old and she goes off.  By the time they got to the bridge, she was ready for the World According to Angela speech. He is the epitame of fortitude. I wasn't expecting a love story with these two but didn't realize it would be so painful.  Time maybe to re-pawn that ring.  

• Love 6

I guess I am still shaking my head at steakgate.  So they brought 3-4 steaks but only cooked 1 ?  WTF - they were all going to share 1 steak and 1 box of Rice A Roni ?  Then they were also going to share a single serve carrot cake ?  If I were Darcey's daughters, I would so run away

3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Darcy's daughters are older than she says they are.  She has not said their ages in their presence, and she may think if she says that they are younger that it makes her seem younger.

I think they kinda look older than what 11/12 that she is saying - beautiful girls however. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

To answer your first/second question- in Hazel’s case it’s both. She’s absolutely too poor to live on her own, if her family were well off they would probably still live together but in better conditions (more room, amenities, comfort etc). 

Her son isn’t able to live there because there is no one to care for him. If Hazel and both parents are working 10-14 hour days to keep a small amount of food on the table and pay the rent, they are not home to engage/raise/care for a small child. This isn’t a culture that has around the clock daycares like we do in the USA. 

If one of her parents isn’t working it’s because they have health issues preventing it, not just because they don’t want to. At the age of 6 (which is when Hazel sent her son to live with his father/paternal family) there is also schooling to consider as well. (Paying for it, getting him there etc) If the father is married (or has healthy older relatives able and willing to care for him) it’s probably better for him physically and emotionally to be there than with Hazel (not doubting she loves him). 

Not so long ago in US history it was common practice for families to do this, send a child to stay with better off relatives who could give them oppurtunities. (Since Tariq looks like a low rent Alfonso Roberto I am thinking of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air speficially, which is somewhat recent, and the protagonist was a teen.) Especially in the time before day care, court ordered child support, FMLA (Family medical leave act) etc. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Because baby daddy and his extended family probably has better living conditions and Filipinos make that sacrifice for their children. That is why 10% of the adult population works abroad, not seeing their children for years at a time  and remit money back to their families and are described as national heroes 

Yes. Better living conditions, finances and perhaps more adults chipping in to raise all the children. There is a strong sense of community and family in Filipino culture but the focus isn’t on the “nuclear” family the way it is in North America. Of course it’s ideal to be with your bio parents but being raised by extended relatives isn’t the sign of desperation or family breakdown we would think of it in the USA. 

Filipino persons would likely be appalled that single mothers are encouraged to place their children for adoption with STRANGERS rather than a cousin/uncle/aunt etc that was better off.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not so long ago in US history it was common practice for families to do this, send a child to stay with better off relatives who could give them oppurtunities. (Since Tariq looks like a low rent Alfonso Roberto I am thinking of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air speficially, which is somewhat recent, and the protagonist was a teen.) Especially in the time before day care, court ordered child support, FMLA (Family medical leave act) etc. 

My father's mother did this, except she dropped my two-year-old father and his four-year-old sister at an orphanage during WWI. She was a young widow who needed to find a new husband to support the family. When she remarried a couple years later, she brought her children home. The same thing happened to a friend of mine in Germany in the 1950's. 

However we romanticize the good old days in the U.S., they weren't always so good. When women have the resources to take care of themselves, children's lives improve too. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

To answer your first/second question- in Hazel’s case it’s both. She’s absolutely too poor to live on her own, if her family were well off they would probably still live together but in better conditions (more room, amenities, comfort etc). 

I thought Hazel lived away from her parents in a teeny tiny place in the city (didn't she say in the first episode that he had to rent an apartment because her's was too small).  I think she and her cousin live together.

Remember she was modelling her dress for her cousin?  cousin said "you look sexy bitch"--which I thought was kind of an interesting way to speak to a holy-roller.  Anyhoo, that clip showed the outside of her building which was definitely different than the building her parents lived in.

• Love 6

Wow. Where do I begin....

I'm bored with Rachel and the guy that's been in a lot of fights. They're both a little weird but seem to deserve one another. I do think Rachel is pretty and was probably quite stunning prior to having kids. Now she just looks like...a mom.

Karine has an amazing body and photographs well but she'd better lock down a man real quick because in a couple years she will look even more haggard. She seems awful immature and is so not ready for marriage. I don't think she's pregnant.

MAGAMichael and Angela - OMG.  Michael wants to be a strong African man but he will never be that with Angela because she will wear him down.  I guess that's the price he will pay though because he seems desperate to get to the USA. This is a horrible match. And his friends' stunned faces when they're around them - oh to be a fly on the wall hearing what they really think...!

I think Hazel is beautiful. I love her features. Nose, lips, hair, she's pretty.  It's clear she is not at all attracted to Tariq. She's young and if she liked him shed be all over him. She sees him as a ticket out of the slum she lives in. She can do wayyy better. Tariq is a typical male that sees a young pretty woman. She's clearly leading him by the nose here. Dean went overboard but I think he's concerned for his brother. 

I like Ricky and Ximena. I think she's so cute, seems to have a really nice, bubbly personality and was at least talkative (unlike Melissa who showed up late and just smiled the whole dinner). I do think under the circumstance Ricky should come clean with Ximena. 

Watching Darcy and Jesse makes me jittery. Both are just so...ridiculous. He's very immature and obviously is not ready for the big plans Darcy has in store. But I think Darcy is worse because she's older, should know better, is a mom and should be a better example. Instead she participates in arguing with that idiot Jesse. She's too much a try hard and comes off as desperate. They are clearly not in sync and its painful watching them. 

The only person I like is Lucy. She's adorable.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

My father's mother did this, except she dropped my two-year-old father and his four-year-old sister at an orphanage during WWI. She was a young widow who needed to find a new husband to support the family. When she remarried a couple years later, she brought her children home. The same thing happened to a friend of mine in Germany in the 1950's. 

Yup. I’m sure if she had a relative she could’ve left the children with that would’ve been preferable to an orphanage. Glad they were reunited. 

Or think of the movie “Cinderella Man” where they couldn’t afford the electric bill and the children had to stay with various relatives until they could get it turned back on. 

7 minutes ago, Horrified said:

I thought Hazel lived away from her parents in a teeny tiny place in the city (didn't she say in the first episode that he had to rent an apartment because her's was too small).  I think she and her cousin live together.

Remember she was modelling her dress for her cousin?  cousin said "you look sexy bitch"--which I thought was kind of an interesting way to speak to a holy-roller.  Anyhoo, that clip showed the outside of her building which was definitely different than the building her parents lived in.

Ah that might be true. She may live with her cousin closer to her job. 

1 minute ago, Stacee said:

The only person I like is Lucy. She's adorable.

Lucy is the most precious thing! She has the best faces. 

• Love 2

Damn you Americans and your embarrassment of riches!!  Cilantro Lime, Pilaf, and Herb Butter Rice-a-Roni?  (I think I am even missing a few other flavours that were mentioned a few pages back.)  Do you know what us Canadians are offered?  Chicken or Beef.  pffft

Disclaimer:  No, I am not speaking on behalf of every Canadian everywhere in this vast country of ours, so to my fellow Canadians who can find, say,  the Pilaf variety on the shelf at their local Loblaws, enjoy! 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Horrified said:

To answer your first/second question- in Hazel’s case it’s both. She’s absolutely too poor to live on her own, if her family were well off they would probably still live together but in better conditions (more room, amenities, comfort et

I don’t think other countries have any type of government programs like we have. There is no state checks, food stamps etc.. it’s just not available they survive solely on what they can earn and it’s not much, we are very lucky here I can’t imagine saying good bye to my child because I can’t afford to take care of them. Probably the hardest descion she’s ever hadn’t to make. So sad

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Mainer said:

I don’t think other countries have any type of government programs like we have. There is no state checks, food stamps etc.. it’s just not available they survive solely on what they can earn and it’s not much, we are very lucky here I can’t imagine saying good bye to my child because I can’t afford to take care of them. Probably the hardest descion she’s ever hadn’t to make. So sad

What do you mean by "other countries"? 

1 minute ago, Gigglepuff said:
23 minutes ago, Mainer said:

What do you mean by "other countries"?

Other countries beside the United States. There may be some that do but these poor countries don’t have government assistance 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Horrified said:

Taglish has some differences from English, especially when picking up slang expressions. I remember the commentators for a children's celebrity impersonation show got in trouble in Briton when a reviewer heard them describing a Taylor Swift impersonation as "sexy". Just saying they didn't mean it how we hear it

On 8/31/2018 at 12:30 PM, Chalby said:

I have to ask this... are you a woman? The only time I have read such crude, body-shaming observations like this are usually from a man. A man who only sees T & A, rather than the young woman who represents more than breasts and makeup.

Yeah, I'm a woman. What does that matter? She has a bad boob job and too much makeup. Those, unlike things outside a person's control, she has done deliberately to herself. It's far different from not being ashamed of having a birth defect. I stand by my prior comment.

• Love 2

OK that's it.  I'm buying the Rice a Roni tomorrow...hopefully I can find something other than the beef or chicken flavor.  I'm sure Giant has tons of options but I'll try my local haunt first.  This is hilarious....food suggestions from an online forum that talks about Americans and Foreigners Behaving Badly.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Will it be that easy for Hazel to get her son back if she just tells the father she’s able to care for him. I also wonder if he’d be opposed to her taking him to the US? For all I know he might be better off with him. 

He would have to sign off before the US issues the son a visa. In most family situations the presence of Tarik willing to be a father changes the dynamic between the two families and since it was not a Filipino court who assigned custody in the first place the biological father is seeing a dream for his son coming true with his chance to be educated and grow up in America so he lets him go.

Now other factors could be in play like an older sister or aunt of the baby daddy not being able to have children and she saw her dream fulfilled raising Hazel's child. or that family being far above Hazel's in economic might thus able to educate the son on a high level without a lottery win of an American spousal or immigrant visa 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mainer said:

Other countries beside the United States. There may be some that do but these poor countries don’t have government assistance 

Thank you for clarifying. I'm sure you know that many Western, developed nations have far a far better social safety net than the US. There is social assistance in the Philipines, but I have no idea how it works or if someone like Hazel would see benefits. Like you, I feel awful for Hazel and her situation, and I don't feel right in judging whatever decisions she had to make regarding her son. I can't imagine how difficult life must be for her and her parents, she seems so sad and I can't snark on her. 

47 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Any decent cookware would probably be stolen.

That's kind of what I was thinking about regarding that part of steak-gate. I'm sure the AirBnB hosts didn't leave the best cookware lying around so Darcey and Jesse probably worked with whatever was available. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Any decent cookware would probably be stolen.

Yup - I've stayed in a number of ABnBs and the kitchenware and cookware is a dollar store chipped and dented nightmare.  

I found out why when I had a housesitter myself.  She totally wrecked a $200 non-stick pan by using a FORK to stir fry her food.  So I totally get the AirBnB folk only stocking crap.

That being said, maybe Jesse could have considered broiling that meat instead of steeping it.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Yup - I've stayed in a number of ABnBs and the kitchenware and cookware is a dollar store chipped and dented nightmare.  

I found out why when I had a housesitter myself.  She totally wrecked a $200 non-stick pan by using a FORK to stir fry her food.  So I totally get the AirBnB folk only stocking crap.

That being said, maybe Jesse could have considered broiling that meat instead of steeping it.

I always stay with VRBO, but have to pony up serious deposits for theft/damage. ($500.-1,500) so, most wouldn't dream of pilfering anything & the kitchens are very nicely equipped. (Thankfully, deposits are returned to credit card within just a few hours of checkout)

If I were renting to Darci & Herr, I'd put the cheapest, shittiest, 50 thread count sheets on the beds.  Between his 40 weight hair oil and her troweled on face spackle, good linens wouldn't stand a chance.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Horrified said:

I’ll put my cooking skills with a steak with anything in that rental and give Jesse his choice of cast iron pan or hell any pan his little wispy bangs and heart desires!  He probably wants someding more derr expensive right babe?

Aw heck we all know he just eats eggs, egg white omelettes and those boiled eggs that come in the mega pack from Amsterdam Costco.  And brotein shakes.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

25 flavors my friends, not to mention the fine types of pastaroni.

http://www.ricearoni.com/products

I haven't thought about Rice A Roni in maybe 20 years. Now after reading this forum, I'm sure I'm going to dream endlessly about it tonight.

Umm... topic? I think both Darcey and Jessie are control freaks who should stay far, far away from each other.

Her poor girls..I'm sure this isn't the first time their mom has been a self absorbed idiot. This is their normal.

rps20180906_001945.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
.cuz
  • Love 5

Dean was very possibly drunk before Hazel and Tater ever came downstairs.  I don't blame him for having questions , but I do blame him for acting like an ass.  There's a time, place, and mode of delivery for sensitive subject matter like people's kids.  I think Hazel is a calculating person with no love for TimTam but I don't think she deserved to be attacked in the manner that Dean chose.He needed to yell some at Torgo since he left his autistic child and disrupted her routine to go have an international booty call.  Hazel's  weird looking, but pretty so I think she could do better than Target.  And TicTock needs to visit the gap or old navy.  His style is horrid; no wonder women in the states probably hate him.

I fell asleep during Darcy and Jesse. blah blah something about carrot cake, fighting.

I like Micheal 100xs more than Big Ang.  Can we do a citizen exchange? He totally just wants to come to America.  He could find someone better too that he could actually stand to be around.  she doesn't have to dress like a grandma, but she also needs to stop shopping at forever 21.  She's not 18 or 21.

Karine's mom is the hero of the show.  I really don't think Paul is mean to her; he just is impatient and probably nags Karine.  I felt like she was just playing a victim for attention in front of her parents.  That poor interpreter. 

Rachel is a bad mum.  And Jon isn't worth it.  He's so weird and needs to be in therapy for his anger. Racheal should insist on that to go forward with him.

Ricky is shopping for a step mom.  The new girl is so much prettier than Melissa.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 12

I'm totally buying Rice-A-Roni when I grocery shop this week. I haven't had it in years, but dang, reading all this has me ready to run out and shop.

Maybe we should all eat Rice-A-Roni while we watch next week's episode. Instead of a drinking game, we can eat some every time Darcy and Jesse get in a dig at each other. That should be worth at least a box apiece!

1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

If I were renting to Darci & Herr, I'd put the cheapest, shittiest, 50 thread count sheets on the beds.  Between his 40 weight hair oil and her troweled on face spackle, good linens wouldn't stand a chance.

Plus all the wear and tear from the friction from their assumed Olympic level make up sex. 

• Love 10

The roni in rice a roni is noodles yall!  Rice n pasta!  I’m stoked.  However I didn’t click on pasta roni, which just seems redundant.  Roni Roni?  Whatevs.  I was going to look for the microwave cups but I think the full blown Roni experience from a pan is necessary for hate watching this show on Sunday.

i still would be happier if darcearoni would take her obviously placed logo sweatshirt conveniently tied around her waist and got off my screen.  Her kids deserve better.  Hell I deserve better.

Im kinda excited to see what monstrosity Tarik comes up with in the wardrobe department.  Just when I thought his Tut tank and hunter hat wasn’t ridiculous enough he really committed to something truly hideous and beyond comprehension.  It’s 2018, that takes some talent to shock IMO.  I’m holding out for some neon or feathers.  Yaaaassss!

• Love 13

In the next episode, Tarzhay may come dressed as George Clinton to comb the busy streets looking for Hazel.  

I have to confess, I wrote to the Rice-A-Roni company not all that long ago asking why they discontinued their stroganoff offering.  It was deadly.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The roni in rice a roni is noodles yall!  Rice n pasta!  I’m stoked.  However I didn’t click on pasta roni, which just seems redundant.  Roni Roni?  Whatevs.  I was going to look for the microwave cups but I think the full blown Roni experience from a pan is necessary for hate watching this show on Sunday.

i still would be happier if darcearoni would take her obviously placed logo sweatshirt conveniently tied around her waist and got off my screen.  Her kids deserve better.  Hell I deserve better.

Im kinda excited to see what monstrosity Tarik comes up with in the wardrobe department.  Just when I thought his Tut tank and hunter hat wasn’t ridiculous enough he really committed to something truly hideous and beyond comprehension.  It’s 2018, that takes some talent to shock IMO.  I’m holding out for some neon or feathers.  Yaaaassss!

Oh @HappyDancex2...You made my morning, lol. Darceroni, hilarious! 

Hate watching is the perfect description of how all of us watch this show, is anyone actually rooting for any of these couples?

We deserve better, we deserve a medal and we deserve to know everything that happens off camera too. 

My scenario is that once the camera goes off, Jesse heads for some room where Darceroni does not have the key and Darceroni holes up in the master bedroom with a stack of wedding magazines, gluing a small cut out pictures of her head over the brides in the magazines.  In the morning, they each meet 30 seconds before filming and egg each other on so they are slightly annoyed at one another...then nature takes it course and it is showtime!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Maybe we should all eat Rice-A-Roni while we watch next week's episode. Instead of a drinking game, we can eat some every time Darcy and Jesse get in a dig at each other.

The Live Chat has a new name (and a new purpose in life)...

• Love 16