Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I have met so many Jons in my life. They go from job to job, and the reason for quitting or getting fired is always ridiculous. But when you work below a certain pay grade, there are almost always places willing to take you. This answers the question as to why Jon is in his 30's and still working in basic manual labor. He doesn't have the motivation or ambition to stay anywhere and move up to a better job. He does stupid shit like quitting instead of trying to work out unpaid time off or something with his boss. I bet he didn't even try to negotiate the situation. 

I hope his mother knows all their rental income will now be going to pay for Lucy's daycare.

Totally get what you are saying, I've met a lot of Jons too. One I knew had a great union gig but quit because they felt 'disrespected'. Now they are couch surfing with a poor me attitude as people keep kicking him out and zero job prospects. Always the victim.  Nothing wrong with manual labor though. My family was strictly blue collar. I was the first to go to university. Granted, they  didn't do stupid shit like Jon (convictions, quitting jobs) but worked a lot of crappy jobs with crappy pay (my dad worked 2 to 3 jobs to pay our bills)  until finally securing union positions MUCH later in life. Jon seems to be a bit lazy,  if he stuck to his job or perhaps got another to start saving for the immigration process then I would respect him much more. He doesn't seem to be the sharpest either. Likely due to people like Jon I have had people stick their noses up when they found out what my father did for a living.....he worked damned hard so those people can STFU

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

I can see Rachel writing a book and railing against the horrible  visa system that keeps her and her true love apart from each other.

Working title, "It's Not FAAAAAIRRRRRR!" I doubt if it will be a bestseller. 

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Taking bets that Angela doesn't have a credit card.

Didn't she have to pay for the hotel room the first night with two credit cards?

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

So that train wreck of an apartment with no sheets was after strangers had to come help clean up? Does she really need more stuffed animals, PLURAL?  He sure spends his mother's money liberally.

image.png.d206b3cdaea8e3b329dfdfe7680d9991.png

Maybe paying for Lucy's daycare is another bone-headed financial decision. At least, the mystery as to why Jon isn't an accountant or financial planner is finally solved. image.png.43335bfe9b71aeb126f356bf036b3480.png

Quite thoughtful of Ricky to give Ximena something of his to set fire to after he left. 

image.png.2e994201ef7e65042924dcfb05f88e88.png

Why didn't the show give us more of this idiocy? I love it.
image.png.f03556db88774bbb65e58bfb512a3c46.png

What? Jon also has car repossessions? It just keeps getting better and better. I wonder how the system works in the UK, where they got married. Does his,debt become hers? And in the US, student loan debt cannot be mitigated through bankruptcy, so that's not an option. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t think Jon loves Rachel or Lucy. Not real true love. You don’t keep the kind of bombshell secrets he had from someone you really love, only to come clean (maybe) a day before the wedding.   

How about Rachel waiting to tell him about her older daughter, till the the day before the wedding.... oh by the way I have an older child and her father won’t allow me to take her to the UK, so we can never live here .. 

No job and no  prospects and huge debts .....”But Rachel, I want to marry you and make sweet love to you”

He’a a straight up asshole, he’s mindfucking Rachel, just like Jesse does to Darcy but using a different tactic. 

Wait, did she really not tell him about her older daughter?  

I think Jon/Rachel truly believe theirs is a karaoke love story come true.  Both are nitwits.  What gets me is WHY would Jon, during their dating life, be on the hook to pay for her kid's daycare?  If you can't pay for your own kid's daycare, how about landing a husband within the US so you don't have to pay a fortune trying to get someone who CAN'T EVEN ENTER THE COUNTRY over here to begin with.  And she can't go over there b/c of her older kid.  Now that's fucking stupid.  Cut your losses and realize he may be your fantasy man, but fantasy man comes with a lot of flaws you won't be able to fix.

On Darcy, I can't get enough of her and Jesse.  I wish they would actually marry and we could have a one hour series on their bullshit arguments.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, MrFluffy said:

I don't get this fixation with rings. I know men who don't wear one (my Dad didn't), and a few women who don't either. If it's uncomfortable -- or puts you at risk (jobs like labor, performing musiicans, fine digital dexterity) -- what's the biggie? If you don't feel committed to each other to that degree, might be worth rethinking the union.

Plus this is just one more way Rachel is demonstrating her jealousy.  Trust me, Rachel, what you are doing is not making Jon more faithful to you; quite the opposite.  I am surprised, in fact, that he has put up with your shit thus far.  She snoops in his private correspondence; she gets bent out of shape that he told a former girlfriend that he really did love her (note the past tense, Rachel, and the very phrase "I really did love you" indicates that it's over); she wears bitch-face until she realizes the pretty woman at the party is his cousin, not his old girlfriend (btw, Rachel, some people do remain friends with former lovers--I do, in fact; he's one of my dearest friends, and I didn't even "really love" him), and she dictates how and to whom he is to use the word "love."  And now she wants to make sure he advertises to all and sundry that he's married.  If he's in a place where he might hook up, he can take the ring off.  She doesn't want the woman walking down the street on her way to the podiatrist's office to think she has a chance with Jon.

Jon, OTOH, has shown himself to be very romantic and in love with Rachel.  If he is faking this, no amount of rings and restricted use of the word "love" is going to save their marriage.  I wish she could relax and enjoy--revel in--the fact that this guy seems head over heels for her.  If he's faking it, there will be time later to be suspicious and hurt.  If she's feeling suspicious and hurt now, why the hell did she go through with the wedding?

• Love 12

Totally get what you are saying, I've met a lot of Jons too. One I knew had a great union gig but quit because they felt 'disrespected'. Now they are couch surfing with a poor me attitude as people keep kicking him out and zero job prospects. Always the victim.  Nothing wrong with manual labor though. My family was strictly blue collar. I was the first to go to university. Granted, they  didn't do stupid shit like Jon (convictions, quitting jobs) but worked a lot of crappy jobs with crappy pay (my dad worked 2 to 3 jobs to pay our bills)  until finally securing union positions MUCH later in life. Jon seems to be a bit lazy,  if he stuck to his job or perhaps got another to start saving for the immigration process then I would respect him much more. He doesn't seem to be the sharpest either. Likely due to people like Jon I have had people stick their noses up when they found out what my father did for a living.....he worked damned hard so those people can STFU

There is nothing at all wrong with manual labor. That is not what I meant. In the first episode, when Jon described what he does, it sounded both manual labor and entry-level. Nothing wrong with that, but even in manual labor, there are levels of responsibility. In his 30's, it seemed odd to me that Jon was still working an entry level gig. Still, nothing wrong with that. But given what we now know about Jon, I'm betting he is working entry level in his 30's because he doesn't stick with a job long enough to move up. Jon as a package seems rather flawed. Its not just the manual labor thing.

And I once had a friend quit a great job at AAA so she could go to Six Flags. There are many Jons in the world. 

• Love 5

Why doesn't John use the money that he is spending on someone else's kid's daycare expenses on his own personal debts?  Rachel needs to have the father of Lucy step up and pay his portion, if there is a father, who isn't John.  Then John can spend his money sorting out his own financial issues.

• Love 16

Jon/Rachel: I am wondering if the ring conversation was plot contrivance manufactured by TLC.  The quitting the job situation, my thoughts are that this could be TLC related too. So Jon couldn't get time off for filming or for the wedding?! The thing about the debt bothers me the most. 

Grangela/Mike: I don't feel that Mike stole the money. 600$ isn't alot with what he can get if he makes it to Trumpopia and gets out from Grangela's thumb after he gets his green card.  My guess is skimming at the ATM.  My issue is that for someone she professes that she loves, Grangela has trust issues. She accused him right off the bat and instead of saying: "OMG Michael, do you think someone got a hold of my pin and bank id # when we went to take out 300$!!".   I really wonder if Mike did come over to the States side, how long will Grangela milk the slow process of getting him his work visa and green card because she knows, deep down that he's only using her and she's only using him for a roll in the hay.  Other than that, I don't feel pity for her losing her money cause she's stupid to use an ATM card in Nigeria of all places, let alone overseas. 

Tarik/Hazel/weepyDarcy/putzJesse/Kreeny/Pole: I really don't care.

• Love 3

I dozed off and didn’t see the whole episode yet. But I’m really hoping for a twist ending like Azan and Nicole’s—Michael stole Angela’s $900 to open up the Nigerian franchise of Azan’s beauty shop. Angela and Nicole could be the before and after models for their wrinkle cream, which would become a world-wide phenomenon.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

She's even worse given that she's a middle-aged mother of two. You'd hope that once people hit their 40s that they'd mature a little bit. She and Jesse are nothing but empty, vapid shells whose main purpose in life is attracting attention, good or bad. 

Tariq is a middle aged father of 1, so I think he and Darcy are about equal. 

2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Nothing wrong with blue collar or manual labor. Any job that you do with pride and integrity, where you aren’t hurting others/poisoning your community (like drug dealing), and using said income to take care of yourself and your family means you’re an upstanding citizen. I don’t look down on Jon for being a garbage sorter, I look down on him for quitting his job without discussing it with his fiancé, and not having another job lined up when she depends on his income (also his Mom does too). That’s not right. 

• Love 14

Kreeny, Darcy, Angela, Rachel, Jon, Dicky, Tarik...all dumb as a brick.

Jesse should marry himself.

Pole is going to save up enough money working back home in just a few months to fund living with Kreeny for an extended time.  The cost of living there must be 50 bucks a month.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Two random things:  Tarik is constantly carrying around a selfie stick.  He's had it with him in the airport scenes and when he meets up with his dick brother Dean.  What a loser this guy is.  Also, that grey (faux) shearling coat that Jesse was wearing has to be one of the ugliest coats I have ever seen.  He can barely tear himself away from the mirrors.  He doesn't get dressed, he assembles a look.  Getting dressed is an event.  He couldn't stop gazing at his image in the hotel room mirror as he was donning his fugly coat, stars & stripes scarf and aviators.  So mad and traumatized he is!  He lovingly gazes at himself one last time as he runs his hand through the front of his hair and checks himself out one last time, before storming out!  Because he's done with her drama!  lol.  Such a giant douche, this one is. 

*small voice* I actually liked that coat.

I really am looking forward to the reunion this weekend. I have a feeling its gonna be a good time with all the batshit nuttery that been taking place.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Jon/Rachel: I am wondering if the ring conversation was plot contrivance manufactured by TLC.  

It sounded super like it was - when he was talking at the jewelllllers [correct british spelling don't @ me] about it it sounded very fourth-grade-play acting "I do have one thing [that TLC is making me ask] to ask you about it is the subject of rings I was wondering if you sell a lot of rings and do you have rings I like rings but not for guys and can I have some statistics on rings please ha ha ha."  I bet he was like "I wonder if I should wear a ring?" in front of a producer and they were like DEFINITELY ASK THE JEWELLLLLER! THIS WILL BE AWESOME AND AIRABLE!  Makes me wonder how many conversations which were more painful are on the cutting room floor, and can you imagine?  "I will ask the bartender about his girlfriend in a wooden way and it will be less interesting than this "how many rings do you sell to guys" conversation." "I am talking to a pigeon about barfing!"  "I am talking to my exgirfriend about getting back together - oh, wait, is this thing on?"

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Wait, did she really not tell him about her older daughter?  

I think Jon/Rachel truly believe theirs is a karaoke love story come true.  Both are nitwits.  What gets me is WHY would Jon, during their dating life, be on the hook to pay for her kid's daycare?  If you can't pay for your own kid's daycare, how about landing a husband within the US so you don't have to pay a fortune trying to get someone who CAN'T EVEN ENTER THE COUNTRY over here to begin with.  And she can't go over there b/c of her older kid.  Now that's fucking stupid.  Cut your losses and realize he may be your fantasy man, but fantasy man comes with a lot of flaws you won't be able to fix.

On Darcy, I can't get enough of her and Jesse.  I wish they would actually marry and we could have a one hour series on their bullshit arguments.

I’m sorry!! I was trying to demonstrate what would have a bombshell coming from her if she had waited to tell him about her older daughter til a day before the wedding!!  

I don’t think either of them truly know the other person well enough to love them. Their relationship  isn’t based on reality... it’s a fantasy. 

Jon offers to pay her daycare to be her protector/knight in shining armor. That’s the way he sees himself, it’s a fantasy he’s created about himself. He even uses it to explain away all his fights... protecting poor defenseless women from bullies. 

I wonder if Jon has not  been working for a long time. We only saw a glimpse of him sorting trash... maybe as someone posted it was part of community service he had to serve. 

Student loans and two repossessed vehicles and no job.

He seems to think that if he can continue to pay for daycare that’s all he has to do? Who is going to pay for the legal expenses to hire a lawyer to process the visa/green card request? With his issues they will need a lawyer and a good one. Tickets to visit him, on her I guess. 

Wake up Rachel. Dump him and get child support from Lucys real father. Put your energy into bettering the life you have with your kids.  It’s just going to be more of what you are looking to escape from if you stay with him, worse even, since the idiot is talking about having children.

• Love 4
On 10/8/2018 at 4:01 AM, millennium said:

His revelations keep getting better.   Next week: "Rachel, honey?   There have been some unsolved murders in the vicinity and ... "

Did they ever positively identify Jack the Ripper? 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, ava111 said:
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

Stuffed unicorns and poop emoji pillows? 

I noticed that the stuffed toys still had tags on when Karine was holding them on the bed.

So maybe she did have Paul bring her all this crap for resale, but she should have taken a page from Scabby Abby's book. A footlocker could hold hundreds of pairs of panties! That reminds me, I wonder if she's also going to try to sell those onesies and sex toys, "Excellent Used Condition" of course. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

*small voice* I actually liked that coat.

I really am looking forward to the reunion this weekend. I have a feeling its gonna be a good time with all the batshit nuttery that been taking place.

I do too, and anytime someone eschews wearing the skin of an innocent animal, I'm fine with it. I also agree with your second point--if they can manage not to bore us to death with non-questions, this shitshow could be really entertaining.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Nothing wrong with blue collar or manual labor. Any job that you do with pride and integrity, where you aren’t hurting others/poisoning your community (like drug dealing), and using said income to take care of yourself and your family means you’re an upstanding citizen. I don’t look down on Jon for being a garbage sorter, I look down on him for quitting his job without discussing it with his fiancé, and not having another job lined up when she depends on his income (also his Mom does too). That’s not right. 

I agree but in Jon’s pea brain logic, not working is better because most of his wages were garnished.  I could see after taxes that he brought home a quarter of his pay.  Not worth it for him.  I’m not saying it’s right.  It says a lot about his character.   

• Love 3

Let's see. 50k in debt, two car repossessions, and essentially quit or was terminated from his job as they are in the early stages of trying to get him to the States, but let's get married anyway. I full on expect to see Rachel again on that ID channel show, "Married with Secrets" or on that other one, "Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry?" She's getting more swindled than the victim of a Ponzi scheme, and she can't see it.

I don't know how it works around the world, but you can try to negotiate wage garnishment. A fraction of income is better than zero. How nice of him to tell his mum that all of their rental earnings will be funding her new step-granddaughter's nursery. (If he told her.) He does realise expenses for children go beyond the nursery, right? They need baby food, formula if the mum isn't breastfeeding, nappies, etc. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Let's see. 50k in debt, two car repossessions, and essentially quit or was terminated from his job as they are in the early stages of trying to get him to the States, but let's get married anyway. I full on expect to see Rachel again on that ID channel show, "Married with Secrets" or on that other one, "Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry?" She's getting more swindled than the victim of a Ponzi scheme, and she can't see it.

I don't know how it works around the world, but you can try to negotiate wage garnishment. A fraction of income is better than zero. How nice of him to tell his mum that all of their rental earnings will be funding her new step-granddaughter's nursery. (If he told her.) He does realise expenses for children go beyond the nursery, right? They need baby food, formula if the mum isn't breastfeeding, nappies, etc. 

She’s not breast feeding, Lucy always has a bottle in her mouth

12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? My god, all the good ones are taken.

7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Lol!!  If only we could sing, this gift that just keeps on giving could have been ours! 

You mean you girls haven't signed up yet in the karaoke app??? Or Columbian Cupid, so you can get some cheeseball to send you money?

• Love 9

The mystery of Jon (for me) is solved.  I couldn't figure out why someone from a first-world country would be interested in someone from the US in the way the folks from third-world countries are, namely to get the hell out of Dodge.  Jon seemed like a fairly good-looking guy, albeit short, and pretty sweet.   We have learned that he has dated extensively, so why was he unable to make a love connection in his own country?  We learned about the fighting early on (he had to reveal that because it was the reason he couldn't get into the US), and only now are learning other troubling facts about his life.  No wonder no woman in Weston Super Mare (does anyone else think of Wonder Horse?) will marry him.  He has a criminal history and may be unpredictably violent; he is an unpredictable earner, quitting his job for really no good reason; he has massive debt which he apparently is lying about.  I wondered how he could have amassed $50,000 in school loan debt without graduating from university, or if the debt is legit, he must have had at least three years of college, enough for him to find more skilled work than trash sorting (nothing wrong with trash sorting, but if he had an almost college degree, he might want a job with a better future), but he didn't.  Mysterious.  So now we learn that at least part of that debt comes from defaulting on car loans--that along with his blithe quitting a job tells me he isn't mature enough to be husband material and certainly not father material.

The only other first-world foreigner on the show that I can think of is Miriam, from France, and her story isn't one of falling in love.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

You mean you girls haven't signed up yet in the karaoke app??? Or Columbian Cupid, so you can get some cheeseball to send you money?

Nah, I don't think I'm woman enough to handle the type of fanny pack wearing, underwear sniffing guys who frequent such sites.  I need to work on myself a lot more before someone writes a rap song about me.  I'm no Melissa. 

• Love 16
On 10/7/2018 at 10:08 PM, lucy711 said:

Money is a big deal to me.  I'm a big saver, and if I was dating someone who wasn't, it would be a dealbreaker.  I can't handle people who aren't good with money.  That being said- how did Rachel not walk away when Jon dropped the bomb about being in debt AND quitting his job?  It costs thousands to bring over a spouse through the immigration system.  She has two kids to provide for!  This man is literally bringing nothing to the relationship except some facial hair.  How desperate is Rachel?

Very desperate to prove all the naysayers wrong and have a father for her fatherless baby, I suppose. No way she could back out at that point. I doubt she'd walk away at that point if he'd admitted to cheating.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:49 PM, endure said:

I think Paul is an extremely awkward person, I don't think he can help some of his reactions.  I just posted that I have no compassion for any of them  ~  Paul 'might' be my only exception. I don't think he's deceptive like some of the others.

But he was convicted of burning his house down to collect an insurance settlement. Arson has a real psychological element to it and it's potentially deadly; fires spread and can wipe out whole neighborhoods. I do tend to view him as harmless also...until I remember his conviction which suggests he's both dishonest AND batshit crazy.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:06 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Rachel looked stunning on her wedding day;

See, I was disappointed in the way she looked. She is very pretty but SO FRUMPY! I understood where they were going w/ her hair but it looked like a child had done it. Same for the poorly-?executed headpiece. And why was she wearing those old lady sensible shoes w/ the wedding dress?? 

On 10/8/2018 at 5:30 AM, Lizzing said:

When Jon mentioned his debt, it made me conclude he really wanted out of the UK to be away from the debt collectors.  Trans-atlantic collections are tough to pursue.  

Yes, I can't understand how a $50,000 debt was never mentioned when discussions of Lucy's daycare and GoFundMe accounts and K1 visas were being discussed! And if it wasn't mentioned then, why bring it up now? We know he has no plans to pay a penny more toward that loan. But Jon's all about the drama so sure, why not drop it at Rachel's feet the day before the wedding.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:43 AM, noveltylibrary said:

Because she is an utter loser!! can't stand her.  and the fact that they never even mention her other child really bugs me. such a happy little threesome they are!  Gag!!!

IDK if she is a loser but yes, it pisses me off to no end that the older girl is never mentioned in any of their happily ever after conversations. No, I don't mean they have to mention the girl by name or show her face...just include her in the plans!

On 10/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, EastCoast4Life said:

Are they somehow helping the homeless dogs that appear to live everywhere around them? Do they have two dogs now? So Paul is planning on keeping Karine holed up in that apartment until he is able to return. It looked like an episode of hoarders in there. Garbage bags, stuffed animals, trash, Pole's underoos. Yikes. Could he have squeaked at a higher decibel during the teary goodbye where he buried his head in her boobs? It sounded like he stepped on a mouse. (Possible in that hovel).

Isn't Paul in Brazil now working w/ dogs? 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:06 AM, renatae said:

Ha ha!

"Round the way girl" calls up visions of "round heeled" which used to mean, um, love for money.

Already explained upthread.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, Owwwww ma leg said:

I don’t know if it’s the same for the UK, but the Australian Tax Office can now garnish overseas wages to get hecs (uni debts) back. So look out Jonny that 50k might follow you to the US! Ha!

Not if he never gets a job. Why does he strike me as the type who will sustain a permanent, life altering injury if/as soon as he lands on US soil?

On 10/8/2018 at 1:40 PM, gavinmac said:

I'm skeptical of Hazel's claim of imminent homelessness. Has she ever been homeless before? Filipino families tend to take care of each other. Why couldn't she move back in with a family member, like the one she was living with right before Tarik showed up?  It seems to me like she just wanted her own place, which is understandable, and the best way to get it is to tell Tarik she was going to be homeless.

Exactly. Get a job, Hazel. Pick up some overtime. Hey, maybe get a second job, since you're not presently raising your child. Stop pulling the victim card. You live in a poor country....like everyone else in that country. 

On 10/8/2018 at 1:52 PM, magemaud said:

In her first TH, she mentioned working at a low paying job for ten hours a day

Right, just like most Americans and most people the world over. Deal w/ it, Hazel.

18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Did Tarik and Hazel seal the deal? That was my assumption. 

I am sick of the bullshit between Darcey and Jesse. Just break up for good FFS. But these two losers can’t get each other or the camera. 

Does Pole actually work in the US? Karene looks good with short hair 

Hazel said they did not have sex. And Tarik said hopefully they will when they see each other the next time. 

Some ppl have said Paul works in the IT field. But I've heard he works for the family business (which would explain better how he can dip in and dip out when he needs money.)

17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I did notice that she got married in that dress she tried on in Santa Fe (which she said it was too expensive).

Are you sure? I though it was not the same. Anyone know for sure?

17 hours ago, iwasish said:

I thought Jon’s stance on a ring was just another example of his argumentative personality. It was like he was trying to get under Rachel’s skin and also argue with the jeweler. IMO he is frustrated because he is trying to keep his normally combative personality in check but it’s coming out in these seemingly senseless arguments. Just buy ring, put  in on at the ceremony and after you drop Rachel at the airport take it off.

Yes! He's all about the drama. Thrives on it. Must create that friction btwn the two of them for no reason except the cortisol is like oxygen to his veins. Must quit job, must message romantically w/ exgf on social media, must invite another exgf to rehearsal dinner, must plan many dinners w/ naysaying, unsupportive friends and relatives, must fall in love w/ downtrodden single mom from another country, must vomit conspicuously in the street, must leave woman stranded at airport...on and on. I feellike popping 10 Xanax every time his segments come on.

16 hours ago, Splithair said:

I am thinking the same thing.  I'm also wondering if the footage of him at 'work' wasn't some sort of community service. 

I also have a theory that the hot cousin really was the ex-gf, but John pulled her aside and said 'Ya know, pretend to be my cousin so she doesn't go into a tizzy.'

These two observations are sooooo funny. And prbly right! LOL

5 hours ago, iwasish said:

Darcy is no different. For both of them it’s sll about appearances  They have nothing to offer in a relationship because there is nothing inside of them, it’s all on the surface. 

Right. Hence all of the annoying cliches they speak in, bc they are devoid of all original thoughts and insights.

• Love 8

Now that Hazelnut has the keys to a new apartment , she will be able to invite ex-boyfriend and her kid over. (laugh). Tarik is being taken for a ride. I'm assuming he is sending her a "girlfriend allowance" as well to feed herself.(it's very common in the Philippines  for a girl to ask an allowance from a foreign boyfriend).

Every time I see Tarik's hairline, I'm thinking about Ron Popeil's spray-on hair commercials that was popular in the 90's. Tarik would be a great candidate for the product. (laugh)

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I wondered how he could have amassed $50,000 in school loan debt without graduating from university, or if the debt is legit, he must have had at least three years of college, enough for him to find more skilled work than trash sorting (nothing wrong with trash sorting, but if he had an almost college degree, he might want a job with a better future), but he didn't. 

Other than the IT, are there any other fields where a "partial college degree" helps you get a job? Like you can't become a teacher w/ two yrs of an education degree, etc. I think in most fields, failure to complete the degree is the same as never having started it; the employer needs to see the completed degree. 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Agree 100 percent! He made a commitment to Rachel and Lucy and presumably her second child? He needs to step up and communicate. My dad had jobs where he was treated horribly but he waited until he had another job to quit. I was only 10 or 11 but I remember it well, we were one paycheque away from missing a mortgage payment, you do what you have to do. I dislike Jon for the same reasons you do.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
On 10/8/2018 at 9:06 AM, shockermolar said:

Mr. Shockermolar rarely chimes in to say much except express disgust for all participating (including me!) but on the bro-reunion in the park he said, "He'd be just as pissed if it was a girl from their hometown. This guy is all about not letting a girl come between him and the brother." I think it's a pretty apt observation.

No, I think Dean is no angel and has done his share of dirt in relationships and he just sees Hazel for the transparent, calculating hustler she is.  I think if Dean has a pattern of cock blocking Tarik or hating on his relationships, Tarik would have definitely mentioned that.

I also think Dean may be slightly annoyed that Tarik now has a strong preference for Asian women, apparently to the exclusion of African American. So many American men (all races) on the show trash talk American women and elevate the women from whatever country they are fetishizing; and think Tarik is doing this and more. I can only imagine how he denigrates the mother of his child, who he never married. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Other than the IT, are there any other fields where a "partial college degree" help you get a job? Like you can't become a teacher w/ two yrs of an education degree, etc. I think in most fields, failure to complete the degree is the same as never having started it; the employer needs to see the completed degree. 

There are jobs advertised with "some college preferred," mostly low-level white collar jobs in places like banks, where there is the possibility of advancement.  I know a woman who became head of a trust department with only a year of college.  Lots of places value the intelligence it takes to get admitted to college in the first place, and many will pay for you to complete your degree if you work well.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mothra said:

There are jobs advertised with "some college preferred," mostly low-level white collar jobs in places like banks, where there is the possibility of advancement.  I know a woman who became head of a trust department with only a year of college.  Lots of places value the intelligence it takes to get admitted to college in the first place, and many will pay for you to complete your degree if you work well.

I know people can get good jobs and start good careers without college degrees. But i'd never heard of say, three years toward a degree as having any particular benefit. Seems like such people would just have to work their way up w/ on the job training, etc., like those with no college. Oh ok, I had never seen "some college preferred."

But definitely in IT, a year of college courses means a lot.

Edited by eatsleep
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

So maybe she did have Paul bring her all this crap for resale, but she should have taken a page from Scabby Abby's book. A footlocker could hold hundreds of pairs of panties! That reminds me, I wonder if she's also going to try to sell those onesies and sex toys, "Excellent Used Condition" of course. 

Paul can sniff the crotches to make sure they’re clean. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Why does Rachel need daycare if she’s not working?

She is working - living paycheck to paycheck.

21 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Paul can sniff the crothes to make sure they’re clean. 

Ok, he can apply at the Victoria's Secret headquarters. They have a position for that!

• Love 3
On 10/8/2018 at 3:13 PM, Chickabiddy said:

So, I can give Jon a pass on the wedding ring. My dad never wore one and my husband doesn’t either. He’s a chemist - and they never wear jewelry in the lab- and he doesn’t wear rings, watches, etc. Men can be painfully practical, so he didn’t want to spend the money on something he wasn’t going to wear. We got him a super cheap gold band and a more expensive one for me because I wanted to wear mine. He kept in on his key ring for years until it broke. 20 years later we are still married and I have no idea where his is. It never bothered me one bit that he didn’t want to wear it. Why would I force him to do something he is not comfortable with? Now, I might have been more pissy if his hands were full of rings and he wore watches and bracelets, and just didn’t want to wear THAT ring. Course I never felt the need  for rings or a shared last name to feel bonded or connected. Those symbols aren’t going to see you all though the tough times. A marriage has to be built on more solid stuff than rings and names. Plus, a cheater is gonna cheat. Those rings aren’t superglued on. Anyone see Nurse Jackie? A ring pops off so easily and slides into a pocket as necesssary.

Seems to me that if Jon wants/wears a ring is the least of Rachel’s problems at the moment. I can also say that Europeans, in general,  don’t get as caught up in all of he sentimentality (and expense) of rings and the trappings of wedding rituals. Marketing in the US is a powerful thing.

I am also wondering if Jon’s bombshells are producer shenanigans.   Going to university in Europe/England  is usually pretty reasonable. Tuition is pretty negligible. It’s the living expenses that are the greater burden. I really can’t imagine how John acquired 50,000 USD student debt. That sounds like a problem an American audience can relate to, but not one that you would find in Great  Britain. 

Labour law in the UK is usually geared much to protecting the worker, and vacation time is pretty generous. I find it weird he would be sacked just like that for needing a week to get married. So, I call producer-driven bullshit or Jon is not telling the whole story. We did see camera footage of him sorting garbage on the line with other men,  so we know that he was employed somewhere they didn’t mind having cameras on the premises, i.e., somewhere probably at least legit and following labor standards.

Wish someone with more UK knowledge or experience could comment.

But anyway, that’s my two cents, for what it’s worth. ;-) 

UK viewer here.

It's only really since the 1980s that British men have worn wedding rings. A lot of older men don't, or men who work with machinery. But I call producer shenanigans on the wedding ring thing, and I can't believe Jon's never been to a wedding before. Or maybe I can, if everyone who knows him realises that Jon + a free bar at a wedding would ruin the event for everybody and because of that he's just never been invited.

Weddings in the UK are as lavish and ostentatious as they are in the USA - except for the pastel tuxes the groomsmen wear. Nobody in the UK would do that. But since the law changed to allow weddings in venues other than religious buildings or Register Offices, the scope to have a wedding at a castle or something like that has expanded the options to have a fancy wedding.

Re student debt - tuition fees for English universities are £9,000 per year so a three-year course would cost £27,000 in fees alone. I can't recall if Jon finished college or not - his menial job might be because he didn't finish college or solely due to him having a criminal record. But £30,000 is at the lower end of the spectrum for UK student debt.

As for the time off, the type of job he does is typically either agency work - where an employment agency provides the labour on a flexible contract - or a 'zero hours' contract direct with the employer, which means that you only work when the employer needs you. In both cases, there aren't paid holidays or benefits. So it's entirely plausible that if Jon wanted to take a week off to get married, the employer decided he didn't need him any more.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, essexjan said:

UK viewer here.

It's only really since the 1980s that British men have worn wedding rings. A lot of older men don't, or men who work with machinery. But I call producer shenanigans on the wedding ring thing, and I can't believe Jon's never been to a wedding before. Or maybe I can, if everyone who knows him realises that Jon + a free bar at a wedding would ruin the event for everybody and because of that he's just never been invited.

Weddings in the UK are as lavish and ostentatious as they are in the USA - except for the pastel tuxes the groomsmen wear. Nobody in the UK would do that. But since the law changed to allow weddings in venues other than religious buildings or Register Offices, the scope to have a wedding at a castle or something like that has expanded the options to have a fancy wedding.

Re student debt - tuition fees for English universities are £9,000 per year so a three-year course would cost £27,000 in fees alone. I can't recall if Jon finished college or not - his menial job might be because he didn't finish college or solely due to him having a criminal record. But £30,000 in student debt is at the lower end of the spectrum for UK student debt.

As for the time off, the type of job he does is typically either agency work - where an employment agency provides the labour on a flexible contract - or a 'zero hours' contract direct with the employer, which means that you only work when the employer needs you. In both cases, there aren't paid holidays or benefits. So it's entirely plausible that if Jon wanted to take a week off to get married, the employer decided he didn't need him any more.

Jon’s complaint was that they were taking  half his pay to collect the loans. From what I’ve read they don’t take ANY money if you make less than 21 thousand pounds a year and only 9% of the annual amount in excess of the 21 thousand, so on a 25 thousand pound salary he would pay 30 pounds a month no where near half his check. Maybe it’s the two repossessed cars that he owes on that are hitting hard?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

I’m sorry!! I was trying to demonstrate what would have a bombshell coming from her if she had waited to tell him about her older daughter til a day before the wedding!!  

I don’t think either of them truly know the other person well enough to love them. Their relationship  isn’t based on reality... it’s a fantasy. 

Jon offers to pay her daycare to be her protector/knight in shining armor. That’s the way he sees himself, it’s a fantasy he’s created about himself. He even uses it to explain away all his fights... protecting poor defenseless women from bullies. 

I wonder if Jon has not  been working for a long time. We only saw a glimpse of him sorting trash... maybe as someone posted it was part of community service he had to serve. 

Student loans and two repossessed vehicles and no job.

He seems to think that if he can continue to pay for daycare that’s all he has to do? Who is going to pay for the legal expenses to hire a lawyer to process the visa/green card request? With his issues they will need a lawyer and a good one. Tickets to visit him, on her I guess. 

Wake up Rachel. Dump him and get child support from Lucys real father. Put your energy into bettering the life you have with your kids.  It’s just going to be more of what you are looking to escape from if you stay with him, worse even, since the idiot is talking about having children.

Good analogy!  

I totally agree with your assessment.

I bet a trash sorter with a New Mexico accent who had the issues he has wouldn't be exciting to her.  I think the accent and the fantasy is what she's about.  And yes, he thinks he's her knight and shinning armor.

I bet within six months, he's cheating.  And she'll be snooping and busts him.

• Love 9
On 10/8/2018 at 5:57 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

Absolutely right. He's trying to give himself time to make something up.

I think it was payment for services rendered.

He did NOT get paid enough. I seriously don't know how he was able to perform. Shudder.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:54 AM, bichonblitz said:

Well, then, how do you explain British Jon? If anybody is a few bricks short of a load it's Jon. 

LOL I don't know about that. Vapid Rachel and her inability to question and demand answers re: his actions, puts her in the lead for dumbass award. 

• Love 2

I think Rachel must be very immature to think there gonna somehow live on love? If she met Jon in America then found out he’s slept with the whole town, been in a bunch of bad fights, is a felon, and lives with momma because he never paid his bills(wherever they come from, loans/cars etc)

does anyone think she’d even show up for a second date?? 

I don’t. I think it’s a matter of proving her mother wrong, friends family, Dad whoever And its a little of you always want what you can’t have

jon is a fixer upper at best and she knows it... 

i think he didn’t wanna buy a ring for himself because he had quit/got fired and he’s broke as a joke... GREAT FIND RACHEL!! I bet the girls are lining up to take him from you!! Not!!

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 11

Jon just doesn’t want to work. Bottom line.  He will pay Lucy’s daycare.  But I think he knows he’s not coming to the USA because of his record and to do so would cost a small fortune that he will never have.  He is dealing with reality.  Rachel isn’t. Wouldn’t be surprised that he brought up the girlfriend, ring and job, hoping she would call off the wedding.  

I’m surprised Rachel hasn’t opened a GoFundMe account for her legal fees.  You’d think there would be viewers out there willing to donate. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:

I also think Dean may be slightly annoyed that Tarik now has a strong preference for Asian women, apparently to the exclusion of African American. So many American men (all races) on the show trash talk American women and elevate the women from whatever country they are fetishizing; and think Tarik is doing this and more. I can only imagine how he denigrates the mother of his child, who he never married. 

I am confused. I thought Dean and Tarik had experiences going to Thailand, etc. for 'excursions'. So were they teaming up sexually in America? Either way, they both disgust me.

• Love 6
On 10/8/2018 at 10:12 AM, bichonblitz said:

Jesse said he went to Darcy's room and she was laying on the floor crying "I'm dying, I'm dying". Jesse loves the crazy. 

Karine could be trying to learn English, too, since she will be living in the US. They both have plenty of time on their hands. 

Jesse's full of shit, though. The so-called trauma and shoe attacks. He's full-on bat-shit crazy and Darcy is delusional and masochistic .

• Love 8