Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Did John ever say why he quit his job? It wouldn’t surprise me if he had a habit of quitting jobs if he is upset by something. 

Did Tarik and Hazel seal the deal? That was my assumption. 

I am sick of the bullshit between Darcey and Jesse. Just break up for good FFS. But these two losers can’t get each other or the camera. 

Does Pole actually work in the US? Karene looks good with short hair 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

Also, I don't understand the hate-breakup sex things.  My husband and I aren't intimate when we are mad at each other, and I don't understand the appeal of angry sex at all.

You are not a desparate idiot that thrives on drama like Darcy.

• Love 7
Just now, Happyfatchick said:

I don’t have a cute glazed ham name for Tarik, but as I watched him walk away from hazel to return to the US, I declared him to be the worse dresser EVER.   

Also @Honey, I’ve thought the same thing the 11-tee-billion Darcy has spewed something about unconditional love.  She has not the vaguest idea that (except for my love for my children), Love.Is.Conditional.  Love is always conditional.  Otherwise, we’d be attracted to and trying to attach ourselves to every opposite we ever met.  Even Darcy talks conditional love, and always has.  Soon as the TH’s switch to her, she’s got that pouty mouth lip shrug thing and “either he comes with a proposal or I’m walking away”.   The love of my life.  Pfffft.

Disclaimer:  I don’t personally think Darcy and Jesse have “love” at all.  It’s a messy psycho free for all not related to love in the least.   I’m also going to add - just for kicks - that Rachel’s conditional bar is a little lower than some...

OH!!!  I mean to ask.  In the previews for next week, Jon took a drink from a mug that said in all caps “HUSBAND   FATHER    KING”.  Or maybe “Daddy” in the middle.  Did anyone else catch that?   (Cuz...I’m wondering if she’s pg...)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

I declared him to be the worse dresser EVER.   

I was thinking the same thing.  The one shirt he wears woih sleeves and he’s dressed like Mr. Ernst from Hey Dude.  And who the hell wears a nougat-colored  shirt ?with khaki chinos. He looks like his mom made him take off his school uniform shirt to play outside, and he grabbed the first thing in the closet.  

For those of you who dis not grow up on Nickelodeon in its hwydey, I present Mr. Benjamin Ernst. 

5010FEC6-39AE-4E27-97EB-1B5618E22B99.jpeg

2B4DC70B-D0EF-4272-9874-A30BAF100D91.jpeg

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 6

I'm thinking Hazel, her parents, her cousin & baby daddy are all living it up in the fancy new apartment that Tarik just threw down for! 

Were her parents really going to let her be homeless?

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, MrFluffy said:

I don't get this fixation with rings. I know men who don't wear one (my Dad didn't), and a few women who don't either. If it's uncomfortable -- or puts you at risk (jobs like labor, performing musiicans, fine digital dexterity) -- what's the biggie? If you don't feel committed to each other to that degree, might be worth rethinking the union.

Remember, Rachel does not really understand people at all, she only sees the fantasy of how things are supposed to see and in her fantasy she sees the man wearing a ring.  If Jon was smart he should have just bought it and worn it for the wedding and after Rachel went back home he could put in a drawer and wear it when they skype. 

It's funny that Rachel thinks a ring will stop someone from cheating, just too funny.

I did notice that she got married in that dress she tried on in Santa Fe (which she said it was too expensive).

Jon quit his job, yikes.  How will they ever get enough money together to pay for the visa and lawyers fees?  Nobody seems to think further down the road.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, arc918 said:

Were her parents really going to let her be homeless?

Remember when Tarik went meet the parents and they all had to sit on the bed. There was hardly any floor space and definitely no space for a chair or cot, or even a sleeping bag. The place where Hazel was staying, her space seemed to be a storage area under the stairs.

• Love 2
Just now, Morgalisa said:

Remember when Tarik went meet the parents and they all had to sit on the bed. There was hardly any floor space and definitely no space for a chair or cot, or even a sleeping bag. The place where Hazel was staying, her space seemed to be a storage area under the stairs.

Oh I remember, their place was crazy small. But I'm guessing they would figure something out before they let her sleep on the street.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If you were her older daughter, would you want to be in this mess?  Jon told Rachel THE DAY BEFORE THEIR WEDDING that a) he quit his job and b) that he's in debt.  Rachel should have taken Lucy, turned around and left that loser.  But she didn't, because she's physically attracted to Jon and that's why she stays.

I think Rachel also feels it all went too far and it is too late to hightail it home with her tail between her legs. Sh waxed on about the wonderful Jon for a year and told anyone who would listen that their love is like a fairytale. She is too embarrassed to admit she may have made a mistake so chose to ignore the red flags and marry him.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, MrFluffy said:

I don't get this fixation with rings. I know men who don't wear one (my Dad didn't), and a few women who don't either. If it's uncomfortable -- or puts you at risk (jobs like labor, performing musiicans, fine digital dexterity) -- what's the biggie? If you don't feel committed to each other to that degree, might be worth rethinking the union.

IMO, the rings are ceremonial. I wouldn’t even want an engagement ring, the only jewelry I like is a watch and or a bracelet. Get two nice gold bands for the ceremony and symbolism and that’s it. Wear them or not after the wedding, who cares. 

I thought Jon’s stance on a ring was just another example of his argumentative personality. It was like he was trying to get under Rachel’s skin and also argue with the jeweler. IMO he is frustrated because he is trying to keep his normally combative personality in check but it’s coming out in these seemingly senseless arguments. Just buy ring, put  in on at the ceremony and after you drop Rachel at the airport take it off.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, MrFluffy said:

I wasn't paying close attention, but that dress had sleeves. Maybe it's the same one but she tried it on with a bolero jacket shrug thing? And this is a stupid question, but how are foreign marriages regarded in the US legal system?

Yes, she had a bolero on in the shop.

I am not sure why a marriage abroad would not be legal but I know if you want to get married on a Carribean island some of them are not recognized as binding in the states.  The question should be why, why are these people getting married, lol.

31 minutes ago, MrFluffy said:

It looks like they are doing an eBay/Etsy type business and/or selling to exporters. The dog crates must be left over from when Pole was training K-9s.

Good lord, what on earth could they be selling that anyone would be buying?

I cannot even picture Karine lugging boxes of merchandise to the post office for shipping.

Why does their rental look like it is unfininshed?  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Tarik's line from his stupid rap, lifted from LL Cool J, "A brother wanna make you a round the way girl."

Hearing him utter RTWG literally made my shoulders haunch and my face cringed.  Any other song could have homaged those words in and you would have been like “aw that’s a cool call back” but hearing him for some reason made me think that he actually believed he came up with those words!!!  I don’t know why.  

Don’t you be disrespecting CoolJ Tarik you dumb talentless tone deaf karaoke muttering JBL can’t even afford beats pill nasally mr potatoheaded derp face MFing fool.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Wear them or not after the wedding, who cares. 

A lot of people care or the bridal/wedding jewelry industry wouldn't be as huge as it is. Potato, Potahto, YMMV.

In other news, if I never hear IN THE NAME OF LOVE opined ever Ever EVER E.V.E.R. again it'll be too soon. Eternal damnation is hearing INTHENAMEOFLOVE over and over and over and over and over and over for all eternity, in Duhrcey's whiny voice.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Hearing him utter RTWG literally made my shoulders haunch and my face cringed.  Any other song could have homaged those words in and you would have been like “aw that’s a cool call back” but hearing him for some reason made me think that he actually believed he came up with those words!!!  I don’t know why.  

Don’t you be disrespecting CoolJ Tarik you dumb talentless tone deaf karaoke muttering JBL can’t even afford beats pill nasally mr potatoheaded derp face MFing fool.

Hey man, don’t knock the JBL speaker. That thinh is made by Harmon Kardon and sounds surprisingly good.  

Not even a Bose could make MC Fudd sound good though.  

• Love 3

Weighing in on the ring thing:

I’m a female and wore my engagement ring for a bit.  It really started to bug me because I find any pressure on my fingers constricting.  I tried a different setting, no bueno.  I never got the wedding band to double against my ring because that would have been ludicrous.  After a few years I stopped wearing a ring altogether.  This lasted 10-15 years I guess.

Then I tried a platinum band in a slightly different shape...it’s a tad more oval than round and it’s very smooth.  Also sized up.  In the winter my ring spins on my finger.  But at least I wear it 50 percent of the time.  The husband is happy with that but was also not the least bit concerned when I didn’t wear it.  He wears his and loves it.

i found out later that this was hereditary LOL.  My dad apparently never wore a ring and I never noticed.  He hated that feeling too.  Thee only time it annoyed my mom was when they would get wedding invites as Mr. so and so and GUEST.

So you would think I would side with Jon, right?  nope.  Cuz when he talks he acts all confused and shady....I don’t believe him.  He wants to appear single IMO.  If my husband wanted me to wear my ring all of the time I’d consider it but at the same time wonder why he was micromanaging a detail that has no meaning or significance in our lives LOL.  I conduct myself like a married woman.  And I have friends that are male and I hang out with them on my own.  I’m assuming that my integrity is more important than any outward symbols.

Edited by HappyDancex2
Tried to edit n said fuggeddit
  • Love 5

I may not have seen this in the thread, but the most hilarious thing about this episode to me was Rachel meeting Jon's gorgeous cousin at the dinner and clearly thinking it was the ex-GF and being a total bitch until she knew it wasn't ex-GF.  

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

A lot of people care or the bridal/wedding jewelry industry wouldn't be as huge as it is. Potato, Potahto, YMMV.

In other news, if I never hear IN THE NAME OF LOVE opined ever Ever EVER E.V.E.R. again it'll be too soon. Eternal damnation is hearing INTHENAMEOFLOVE over and over and over and over and over and over for all eternity, in Duhrcey's whiny voice.

I didn’t say not to buy them, just that if you don’t want to wear one... don’t.  Lots of folk I know have wedding rings in their jewelry box,  some days they wear them, some they don’t.  My brother and sister in law didn’t want to wear rings, but borrowed bands from family members for the ceremony. Years later on a vacation,  caught up in a second honeymoon mood, they bought matching silver bands and wore them for a month or so... they are in a box on the dresser in their bedroom now, I think they may wear them if they have special plans for their anniversary... 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Hey man, don’t knock the JBL speaker. That thinh is made by Harmon Kardon and sounds surprisingly good.  

Not even a Bose could make MC Fudd sound good though.  

My bad.  Wasn’t really a knock though...just flowin with the vibe I get from DJ Buffalo Check.  He strikes me as someone who would believe the Beats hype and he’s a poser.... but he can’t afford everything you know?  He should be walking around in Supreme and LE Nike’s super rare from the 80 to marry his blast from the past attempt with his look how connected I am now attempts but he’s just painful....stuck with street vendor crap and well....buffalo check and mesh tops.  Mesh tops y’all.  You have to be a special kind of wanker to appear in public on national TV not on dare in that nonsense.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

My bad.  Wasn’t really a knock though...just flowin with the vibe I get from DJ Buffalo Check.  He strikes me as someone who would believe the Beats hype and he’s a poser.... but he can’t afford everything you know?  He should be walking around in Supreme and LE Nike’s super rare from the 80 to marry his blast from the past attempt with his look how connected I am now attempts but he’s just painful....stuck with street vendor crap and well....buffalo check and mesh tops.  Mesh tops y’all.  You have to be a special kind of wanker to appear in public on national TV not on dare in that nonsense.

No har feelings ?. The speaker turned out to be a good Christmas gift for my nephew. Personally I’m surprised he didn’t pull out a gray boom box with a tape deck. He’s such a buster!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

If Ricky is a glazed ham, what is Tarik? I can't stand his "look."

rps20181008_190457.jpg

His hairline is very Lebron James.  His facial hair is very Drake...if Drake used a dull bikini trimmer wedged between both feet to trim his facial hair in the morning.

1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

No har feelings ?. The speaker turned out to be a good Christmas gift for my nephew. Personally I’m surprised he didn’t pull out a gray boom box with a tape deck. He’s such a buster!

LOL.  SCRUB!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

As sociopathic as he is, I can't muster up much hate for him, only because.. Darcey.

Jesse was in the army,  but he was traumatized by a pair of shoes?   He's such a poser with his "love and light,  and wishing you beautiful things" bullshit.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, pinky33 said:

Right...because being in a happy relationship with a man is the ultimate gift to our teenage girls.

I would also like to add that I have a 15 y/o daughter who cares way more about her iPhone and Snapchat than my dating life. But if I were Darcey, my daughter would be snapping all my drama to her friends.

Edited by pinky33
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He could go to the public library and use a dictionary! Why doesn't Karine teach him some useful words/phrases? Walk around the city and teach him the words for things!  Do they do anything but sit around that filthy apartment and whine? 

How quickly you forgot FALA!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MrFluffy said:

Because Rachel has the mindset of a jealous high school girl and thinks that every woman within a 20 mile radius is going to throw themselves at Jon. The ring is just a way to mark her territory and a socially acceptable alternative to her presumable preference, trailing 18 inches behind him at all times while holding a flashing neon sign that says "THIS IS MY MAN!"

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Maybe Jon and Rachel "had" to get married. She has a recent history of being lax in the birth control department.

I thought her new MO was to just take her fertilized egg and move on.  She would’ve sucked at tamagotchi.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Didn't Jon say he had been kicked out of University because of the fighting incident that severely injured someone's eye? Maybe the money he owes isn't "student debt" and instead is some kind of restitution he's been made to pay his victim?

I am thinking the same thing.  I'm also wondering if the footage of him at 'work' wasn't some sort of community service.  I don't think he works at all, his mom probably just gives him a cut of the rent that the extra rooms bring in.  Maybe he manages the bookings or fixes things around the house, etc.  With no real living expenses to speak of, he's able to pay for Lucy's daycare.  

I do think he loves Rachel, though.  He just has to drop these little truth bombs on her slowly and with the right timing.  She's not going anywhere, though. She's ignoring every red flag because she was able to land a guy she thinks is out of her league, physically. 

I also have a theory that the hot cousin really was the ex-gf, but John pulled her aside and said 'Ya know, pretend to be my cousin so she doesn't go into a tizzy.'

I have absolutely nothing to back any of this up, just spitballing.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Because Rachel has the mindset of a jealous high school girl and thinks that every woman within a 20 mile radius is going to throw themselves at Jon. The ring is just a way to mark her territory and a socially acceptable alternative to her presumable preference, trailing 18 inches behind him at all times while holding a flashing neon sign that says "THIS IS MY MAN!"

Or just having him wear a shirt that says  "I have a piece of some kid's umbilical cord in my room.   It ain't my kid.  Creepy, no?"

• Love 17
18 hours ago, millennium said:

I caught myself wondering if John has slept with his attractive cousin.

His revelations keep getting better.   Next week: "Rachel, honey?   There have been some unsolved murders in the vicinity and ... "

But seriously, quitting his job for a week off with Rachel?   It's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry runs into an old college pal on the street and invites him to the diner, only to later discover that the guy blew off an important board meeting that afternoon and lost his job so he could have lunch with Jerry.

Jesse and the cigar.  Jesse and the ludicrous stars and stripes scarf.   Jesse on the streets of Manhattan.   The only thing missing was "Everybody's Talking At Me" wailing in the background.

I thought the US flag waving from his luggage was even more ludicrous than the scarf, he is such poser, among other things.  He's too much......they all are!

• Love 10

Pole would have  money if it weren't for wasting it all on emoji pillows, stuffed unicorns, and sex toys. Their apartment looked like a landfill.  Pole can't work in Brazil, but Karinee can, but that'll never happen. I've seen sloths  more productive than her. 

Darcey's vein popping crying jags can't be much different than her contorted "O" face when she does the nasty with Jesse. He's such a d-bag. I'd laugh my face off seeing BoyBand Jesse strutting around NYC with an American themed scarf, and a huge cigar dangling from his mouth. If I was Darcey, I'd dig out the pleather outfit, apply more shellac to my face,  and head on over to the bar to get naked wasted, and flirt with the local men. Don't waste the pretty on a d-bag, Darcey. 

Tarik was fooled by Filipino Jolie's monotone drone, and sad eyes that he actually believed she was going to be homeless. Cha-ching. In reality, she lives with family, and pocketed the 'rent' money. 

Marta...yawn

Michael would be more stupider, (™ Family Chantel's Mom)  if he took  money from GrandeAng. Watch his Trumplandia fantasies go down the toilet faster than GrandeAng can smoke a ciggie, and eat a lard-ass cake. It quite possible there was a skimmer on the ATM. I know a couple that lost 10 grand from using an ATM in Rome. 

Jon's announcements are quite alarming due to how calmly, and casually he delivers them:  "Guess what Rach? I quit was fired from my job. Don't worry babe. I'm only in debt up to my eyeballs, and by the way, I'm not keen about wearing a ball and chain wedding ring. Can't let the ladies know ole Jonny boy is outta the game

Ricky can take a flying leap off a pier into a sea swarming with hungry sharks. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Bou said:

Jesse was in the army,  but he was traumatized by a pair of shoes?   He's such a poser with his "love and light,  and wishing you beautiful things" bullshit.

The Dutch army must be very different from the US army. I don’t think Jesse would do well in ours.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Everything about Darcy is lie. Fake from.head to toe. She's a messy drunk all over social media and "fixes" it by deleting the posts. I don't be!over a word that she says..

I don't believe a word that most of these characters say, particularly Ricky and John & Rachel.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He could go to the public library and use a dictionary! Why doesn't Karine teach him some useful words/phrases? Walk around the city and teach him the words for things!  Do they do anything but sit around that filthy apartment and whine? 

I would think they both would just start picking things up just from repetition. It's really not that hard to learn some basic phrases. 

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Tarik is some kind of magician. Oh, no, you will be homeless? Let me just look at airbnb on my phone for you. Well, what do you know!  Here's a place right in this very  building, all you have to do is go pick up the key. Problem solved. And Tarik will pay for it, of course.  Hazel, you are homeless no more!

Karine was sooo ready to get a divorce when she is pregnant. She has a miscarriage and now is madly in love with Pole again? 

Jesse said he went to Darcy's room and she was laying on the floor crying "I'm dying, I'm dying". Jesse loves the crazy. 

Karine could be trying to learn English, too, since she will be living in the US. They both have plenty of time on their hands. 

Both Jesse and Darcy love the drama. Of course Jesse loves the crazy, since he is crazy. 

(BTW: Bichonblitz, love your name and know exactly where you get it. I have a Bichon/Shih Tzu that does the "Bichon Blitz" every day!)

• Love 2

I don’t think Jon loves Rachel or Lucy. Not real true love. You don’t keep the kind of bombshell secrets he had from someone you really love, only to come clean (maybe) a day before the wedding.   

How about Rachel waiting to tell him about her older daughter, till the the day before the wedding.... oh by the way I have an older child and her father won’t allow me to take her to the UK, so we can never live here .. 

No job and no  prospects and huge debts .....”But Rachel, I want to marry you and make sweet love to you”

He’a a straight up asshole, he’s mindfucking Rachel, just like Jesse does to Darcy but using a different tactic. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Empress Josephine said:

Well, it is the responsibility of both parents to provide for their child. Rachel better get a damn job to contribute to Lucy's daycare and the upkeep of her older daughter. She seems able-bodied and does not seem to have any mental ailments that could hinder her from holding gainful employment. I hope he garnishes wages when that time comes for her to pay child support.

Sorry, but this lack of work ethic just irks me so much on a personal level.  I have a physical disability and have had more surgeries and personal setbacks than I can count. Still, I hold down two jobs/ put myself through university despite a lot of jerk-faced teachers telling me I did not have the 'mental capabilities' for higher education.

For Jon to quit his job was incredibly irksome and plain irresponsible. He has a criminal record. Who knows how long it may have taken for him to get his recycling collection job. He just quits without trying to search for any follow-ups or plans and has so much debt.  Good paying jobs to support a family are not exactly easy to come by with that sort of history. I despise people who 'do first and think later'. They are always the people crying about how 'unfair' it all is (Rachel loves to throw this around) and never take any personal responsibility.

I can't stand these two one bit and I don't think horrible decisions in life should be rewarded, especially when the people in question don't seem to ever show any signs of having learned from past mistakes. Poor Lucy deserves so much better.

They recieve the little bit of money TLC gives them and they feel temporarily rich thats why they quit there jobs then the shows over bye bye ? money..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Splithair said:

Maybe he manages the bookings or fixes things around the house, etc.

I somehow doubt that he's any kind of handyman. He almost had a meltdown assembling the crib for Lucy. 

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

They recieve the little bit of money TLC gives them and they feel temporarily rich thats why they quit there jobs then the shows over bye bye ? money..

Yep. Like Jason Hitch. Like Pao. Like Pole. Like Roos. Like Danyull. Like Azan. And so on.

• Love 8

The insanity of Jon quitting his job was incredible. If you can't get the week off then don't get married, or get married but do it on a day that you aren't working and take a week off later. And to say that his mom rents rooms out so he will be ok was bad. His mom probably makes ends meet renting out rooms but that doesn't mean that is a pass for not working. And Rachael should be working also. The two of them are so caught up in their fantasy of happily ever after that no one is thinking about what life will look like in a year or two. The 50k student loan was just icing on the cake of stupid. 

I don't understand how the Michael and the debit card happened. Why didn't she just have him take her to the ATM and help her if the machine was unfamiliar. If he stole her money, he's horrible, but if 900 is all you have to your name, you have no business vacationing halfway across the world. Interesting that amount in her account was 900. How much do you want to bet that TLC had just deposited a thousand. I have been in a foreign country with an ATM card that doesn't work. After that experience I travel with 2 ATM cards for two different accounts at 2 different banks and 2 credit cards. Taking bets that Angela doesn't have a credit card. It looks in the previews like he admits it, but I don't trust the TLC editing monkeys. 

Tariq is a fool. 

Ricky is a liar. 

Jesse and Darcy are fake. The only thing I am interested in is how the two of them are going to try to spin their relationship into another season. 

Paul and karine. Ugh I feel bad for anyone suffering a loss, but those two are no more ready for marriage and raising chikdren than a toddler is. And once Paul leaves you know he will be asking for blood, pregnancy and STD tests on the regular. Some things never change. 

I

• Love 5

The insanity of Jon quitting his job was incredible. If you can't get the week off then don't get married, or get married but do it on a day that you aren't working and take a week off later. And to say that his mom rents rooms out so he will be ok was bad. 

I have met so many Jons in my life. They go from job to job, and the reason for quitting or getting fired is always ridiculous. But when you work below a certain pay grade, there are almost always places willing to take you. This answers the question as to why Jon is in his 30's and still working in basic manual labor. He doesn't have the motivation or ambition to stay anywhere and move up to a better job. He does stupid shit like quitting instead of trying to work out unpaid time off or something with his boss. I bet he didn't even try to negotiate the situation. 

I hope his mother knows all their rental income will now be going to pay for Lucy's daycare.

• Love 5

Two random things:  Tarik is constantly carrying around a selfie stick.  He's had it with him in the airport scenes and when he meets up with his dick brother Dean.  What a loser this guy is.  Also, that grey (faux) shearling coat that Jesse was wearing has to be one of the ugliest coats I have ever seen.  He can barely tear himself away from the mirrors.  He doesn't get dressed, he assembles a look.  Getting dressed is an event.  He couldn't stop gazing at his image in the hotel room mirror as he was donning his fugly coat, stars & stripes scarf and aviators.  So mad and traumatized he is!  He lovingly gazes at himself one last time as he runs his hand through the front of his hair and checks himself out one last time, before storming out!  Because he's done with her drama!  lol.  Such a giant douche, this one is. 

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Two random things:  Tarik is constantly carrying around a selfie stick.  He's had it with him in the airport scenes and when he meets up with his dick brother Dean.  What a loser this guy is.  Also, that grey (faux) shearling coat that Jesse was wearing has to be one of the ugliest coats I have ever seen.  He can barely tear himself away from the mirrors.  He doesn't get dressed, he assembles a look.  Getting dressed is an event.  He couldn't stop gazing at his image in the hotel room mirror as he was donning his fugly coat, stars & stripes scarf and aviators.  So mad and traumatized he is!  He lovingly gazes at himself one last time as he runs his hand through the front of his hair and checks himself out one last time, before storming out!  Because he's done with her drama!  lol.  Such a giant douche, this one is. 

Darcy is no different. For both of them it’s sll about appearances  They have nothing to offer in a relationship because there is nothing inside of them, it’s all on the surface. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Darcy is no different. For both of them it’s sll about appearances  They have nothing to offer in a relationship because there is nothing inside of them, it’s all on the surface. 

She's even worse given that she's a middle-aged mother of two. You'd hope that once people hit their 40s that they'd mature a little bit. She and Jesse are nothing but empty, vapid shells whose main purpose in life is attracting attention, good or bad. 

• Love 13

Luckily the season is ending, because I'm getting tired of seeing Ximena in the same flowered-sundress talking head and Marta in the same black-shirt gold-fancy-necklace talking head, talking about different parts of their experience.  I feel like I've seen Ximena in that dress talking about "I am so excited about meeting this guy" and "I am not sure if I can continue with this guy now that he called me Melissa" and about "I am giving him a last chance because of the text from his wife" and Marta in that necklace saying "I am falling in love with this guy tho we don't speak the same language" and "I hope he sends the letter" and "I know we have a problem because of religion" and "He didn't send the letter and I am sad."

I get that there's one long talking head and they can't keep pulling people away from, e.g., throwing their fiance into the pool to drown, in order to get "how are you feeling right now" footage (because of lighting and other issues), and I get that they are interviewing in present tense ("So, take us back.  It is the time that you first met Daya.  How are you feeling?") in order to get present tense clips.  But now that I've seen those outfits telling me "how things ARE" (not were) in twelve different phases of these stupid stories, I get annoyed.

You reading TLC?   Can you please interview people about the first third of their story, make them wash their face, redo their hair and makeup, and put on a different dress while you switch out the furniture and backdrop, then interview them about the second third of their story, then reset again for the denouement?   The hair and makeup people are right, there, it would be a pretty minor cost, and would help me a lot with my suspension of disbelief.  K thx bai.

• Love 22

So that train wreck of an apartment with no sheets was after strangers had to come help clean up? Does she really need more stuffed animals, PLURAL?  He sure spends his mother's money liberally.

image.png.d206b3cdaea8e3b329dfdfe7680d9991.png

Maybe paying for Lucy's daycare is another bone-headed financial decision. At least, the mystery as to why Jon isn't an accountant or financial planner is finally solved. image.png.43335bfe9b71aeb126f356bf036b3480.png

Quite thoughtful of Ricky to give Ximena something of his to set fire to after he left. 

image.png.2e994201ef7e65042924dcfb05f88e88.png

Why didn't the show give us more of this idiocy? I love it.
image.png.f03556db88774bbb65e58bfb512a3c46.png

• Love 13