Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Loveless lizard type parent?  That's pretty harsh.  Maybe Rachel's mother doesn't approve of what she's doing and refuses to have anything to do with it, and is walking her talk.  Good for her.  Or maybe she just doesn't want to take care of a baby for however long Rachel's going to be gone.  I don't think that makes her a loveless lizard parent.

The only person possibly "using" the baby is Rachel herself, with her ridiculous notion that it has anything to do with Jon.

@hisbunkie

@JocelynCavanaugh

I get the idea that Rachel can be using the baby. That's a separate issue from the point I'm conveying. If it turned out Rachel would rather have the baby cared for instead of bringing it along, and the mother is capable, then I find it rather cruel and bizarre towards an innocent baby.

I mean, its like, "my daughter is an alcoholic, I don't condone her behavior and I won't enable her so if she wants to drive around drunk with the baby in the car that's all on her".

I don't recall from the episode, but was it determined that either Rachel specifically wanted to bring her baby or was it that she'd rather have left baby with mom but mom refused? 

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1

I'm casting my vote with the one brave person that said Melissa is not a catfish. Because TLC may be working that angle to make us believe she is a catfish just to do the bait and switch again (bad pun intended), much like they did with Antonio and Courtney. I'm not getting my hopes up that this is going to be some troll just to be let down again. Is anyone else disappointed when the catfish ends up being the real person like I am? What I always root for is for the catfish to be a regular person, not some Instagram model, and for the catfishee to finally realize, hey if I'm a 3 I maybe could date a 3 and it will be ok to be with a regular person! Lol of course that never happens and might be less interesting to watch. 

If Melissa actually is the person from the picture then she is just not interested in one of the many guys she is scamming showing up IRL. The only thing that makes me question that was what he said about the gif loop video. If I am wrong about this that's fine too because he (Ricky? Name is escaping me) needs to learn a lesson here. All these people that being kids into these situations need to learn some hard lessons. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

If it turned out Rachel would rather have the baby cared for instead of bringing it along, and the mother is capable, then I find it rather cruel and bizarre towards an innocent baby.

I mean, its like, "my daughter is an alcoholic, I don't condone her behavior and I won't enable her so if she wants to drive around drunk with the baby in the car that's all on her".

I get it.  We can just agree to disagree.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Loveless lizard type parent?  That's pretty harsh.  Maybe Rachel's mother doesn't approve of what she's doing and refuses to have anything to do with it, and is walking her talk.  Good for her.  Or maybe she just doesn't want to take care of a baby for however long Rachel's going to be gone.  I don't think that makes her a loveless lizard parent.

The only person possibly "using" the baby is Rachel herself, with her ridiculous notion that it has anything to do with Jon.

But as @hisbunkie pointed out, Rachel was probably wanting to "unite the family," so leaving Lucy behind was never a consideration anyway. 

Yeah- and its not the responsibility of grandparents to watch/baby-sit/help raise their grandchildren. If they want to and enjoy it SURE, but its not a requirement nor should their adult children expect it. It is not "punishing" the baby IMO, Rachel's Mom doesn't owe the baby (or Rachel) caregiving duties. 

I do not mean to pick on you @100Proof, I think we just have different expectations of the roles of a grandparent. Either way I do think Rachel wanted to take the baby with her no matter what. More likely than not Rachel's Mom loves her but doesn't want to be on the show because she thinks its a bad idea. 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I get the idea that Rachel can be using the baby. That's a separate issue from the point I'm conveying. If it turned out Rachel would rather have the baby cared for instead of bringing it along, and the mother is capable, then I find it rather cruel and bizarre towards an innocent baby.

I don't recall from the episode, but was it determined that either Rachel specifically wanted to bring her baby or was it that she'd rather have left baby with mom but mom refused? 

From what Rachel said on the episode her Mom doesn't want to be involved in the show/thinks the entire thing is a bad idea. Given that Rachel considerer's John to be Lucy's "father" we assume she wanted to bring her to meet him. 

As far as the alcoholic thing, its is not the job of the grandparent to stop a parent from driving drunk with their children in the car. Of course if they DO try to stop them I understand why, but Rachel is not a teen mom under her roof to be watched/parented etc, she's 33yrs old. Expecting the parent of a 33yrs old woman/man who doesn't have a severe mental illness or congnitive disability to step in a monitor their parenting and/or assist them with child care is asking for too much from the grandparent IMO. 

I have noticed we haven't had a discussion about why Rachel's Dad (who has been on the show) hasn't offered to keep Lucy. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

A lot of IT people work remotely.  Maybe he works out of Mom's basement.

I saw a photo of Paul with David Poor and his best friend Chris about a week ago.  Supposedly Paul was offered and accepted the job at the storage unit that David Poor rejected!!  

• Love 12
Just now, sharwoods said:

I saw a photo of Paul with David Poor and his best friend Chris about a week ago.  Supposedly Paul was offered and accepted the job at the storage unit that David Poor rejected!!  

STOP.  There is so much crossover opportunity here that I can't stand it!!!!

• Love 15

Good lord, lol.

My sister and brother in law (who is retired) have taken turns living at their daughter (my niece) and husbands house taking care of 'our' new baby till he goes into daycare when he reaches 2 years old. My Bro in law has spent months at a time doing that since birth and continues doing so. My sis still works but still does some shorter stints.

That's the kind of family I'm used to I guess. All my brothers/sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews love each other. Some of you folks are cold, cold, lol

That some would put a baby's safety over this ego not my responsibility thing because daughter is this that or the other is ...just...wow

Remember, what her mom thinks and acts is pure speculation on our part, included my own thoughts about her. However, I tried to provide some hypothetical situations to cover various scenario's on how people may act in them

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

That is such a sad statement  Steven was breathtaking back in the day.

Jesse's dad is scary.  I don't know where he got the 'nads to tell Darcy, "you're not all that..." I was like, are you kidding me, buddy? Have you looked in the mirror lately?  He looks like a perpetual halloween mask.

"

• Love 7
On 8/5/2018 at 5:54 PM, greekmom said:

I don't think so.  

The guy with the Colombian GF is an idiot. Why did he not go just to USA cupid??

54 year old Granny is an idiot.

I'm having wine. These trainwreks need it!!

Now now, Greekmom, Angela is only FIFTY-TWO, not fifty-four. We agree about the idiocy.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, sharwoods said:

OH...THAT job...!  I saw that story too, and had no idea what "job" they were talking about. I thought David took the storage job.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

That country bar that Angela partied at looked like it was an oversized aluminum shed.  

Yeah. I thought I heard someone playing 'dueling banjo's' in the background

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

From what Rachel said on the episode her Mom doesn't want to be involved in the show/thinks the entire thing is a bad idea. Given that Rachel considerer's John to be Lucy's "father" we assume she wanted to bring her to meet him. 

As far as the alcoholic thing, its is not the job of the grandparent to stop a parent from driving drunk with their children in the car. Of course if they DO try to stop them I understand why, but Rachel is not a teen mom under her roof to be watched/parented etc, she's 33yrs old. Expecting the parent of a 33yrs old woman/man who doesn't have a severe mental illness or congnitive disability to step in a monitor their parenting and/or assist them with child care is asking for too much from the grandparent IMO. 

I have noticed we haven't had a discussion about why Rachel's Dad (who has been on the show) hasn't offered to keep Lucy. 

Yes, we have absolutely NO PROOF that she asked her mother to take care of the baby and her mother refused.  I think it's kind of mean to hang labels on her when we have no idea what her position is.  And you are absolutely right - We might assume that if Dad was concerned he would have offered to keep the baby and Rachel refused him as well.  But, again, we have absolutely no evidence that taking the baby with her wasn't her first plan all along.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

That's the kind of family I'm used to I guess. All my brothers/sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews love each other. Some of you folks are cold, cold, lol

That some would put a baby's safety over this ego not my responsibility thing because daughter is this that or the other is ...just...wow

I suggested we agree to disagree, which I think is a better tactic than accusing families who don't exactly like yours does of not loving each other, and calling people here who don't agree with you of being cold and putting our ego over the safety of a baby.  (I'm not sure what ego has to do with anything, but I suspect it's an insult.)

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I suggested we agree to disagree, which I think is a better tactic than accusing families who don't exactly like yours does of not loving each other, and calling people here who don't agree with you of being cold and putting our ego over the safety of a baby.  (I'm not sure what ego has to do with anything, but I suspect it's an insult.)

No harm, no foul. Just voicing my opinions based on my personal experience. Its just I meet a lot of people who unfortunately dislike/hate siblings/parents and vice versa, that that seems the norm. Agree to disagree, yeah?. :)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Darcy, in the back of her mind, figured it was a passing phase.  For her, maybe. For him, no.  It's why she wears the chokers and scarves.  It's a BDSM thing. Some people get off on it. 

Master Meester?

• Love 4

I agree with whoever said there was a Madonna/Whore thing going on, except I believe it’s likely all about Karine getting the sex toys and stuff animals to do some webcam action for men around the world. She needs to be prepared for if a guy is looking for the saint or the sinner. If she was naive as Paul seems to want us to believe, how would she know what to tell him she wants from the sex store? She probably led Paul to believe the toys are only for use with him. 

Jesse is not as good looking as he believes himself to be. He is a very poor man’s version of the super hot Alexander Skarsgard. I also have a hard time believing he is 24 or he is the oldest looking 24 year-old I have ever seen. Fresh-faced he is not.

The Rachel issue makes me nervous. A guy you have never met is really interested in your baby to the point of paying for daycare and he has a shady criminal record because he likes to fight (if not more). Yeah, I would not be comfortable with my baby in this situation. She stresses me out because she is basically saying she had no problem putting her baby in the presence of a man she never met but who is admittedly violent.  This is like the start of a Lifetime movie. What could go wrong?

Catfish guy seems to have very low self-esteem because he continually puts himself down. What he needs is therapy, not another woman. If he could get himself together, he would be seen as quite a catch as a single dad working to raise his daughter could be seen as desirable to women, especially single moms who know the struggles of single parenting. 

All these people seem to want super hot significant others but aren’t too picky on any other attributes. As someone in their early 40s, I would be just fine with an average looking guy, who has a good heart, job, clean criminal record and who does not expect me to pay his bills because I don’t expect him to pay mine. I sure as hell am not going out of the country to find him. I would rather spend that money on me.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He's a 2x felon. Both arrests were due to his violent nature. I'll leave it at that. 

Where did you see that? Not that I don't believe you. 

Rachel either said in the episode or in the preview that she didn't tell her dad that Jon "injured somebody at Unis." That could have been a very serious injury, like paralyzed some guy for life or put him in a coma. She also said that her mother didn't approve of their relationship and that they weren't talking anymore, so I don't see any way she could have asked her mother to watch Lucy when she traveled to England. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

OH...THAT job...!  I saw that story too, and had no idea what "job" they were talking about. I thought David took the storage job.

Thanks for pointing out how ambiguous this story was - I just assumed Paul was offered the storage  job.  However, I went back to Chris Thieleman's  Facebook account and he stated that Paul was offered a job at Chris' new restaurant named Fort Knockers that David Poor had previously rejected.  

• Love 3

What I've seen so far, I could be okay with Rachel and Jon.  I know people who have had relationships where someone takes on a child that is not biologically his as his own.  It sounds like they've been talking since before she was pregnant, so it's not like this was a quick decision.  I am concerned about the record, but this couple are in their 30s and if these issues were from university (18-21-ish) he could have grown up and changed a lot in the interim.  We'll see.

The rest are all train wrecks, IMO.  I am looking forward to Angie and Michael because it's so over-the-top.

When choosing someone to marry - if you've never heard of the person's country, and aren't even sure if it IS a country, take a step back and, in Jesse's words "Work on yourself first."

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, millennium said:

Master Meester?

Meester Rourke!  Da plane!  Da plane!

16 minutes ago, sharwoods said:

Thanks for pointing out how ambiguous this story was - I just assumed Paul was offered the storage  job.  However, I went back to Chris Thieleman's  Facebook account and he stated that Paul was offered a job at Chris' new restaurant named Fort Knockers that David Poor had previously rejected.  

Is Fort Knockers a (David) poor man’s Hooters?

Edited by Spike
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

Catfish guy seems to have very low self-esteem because he continually puts himself down. What he needs is therapy, not another woman. If he could get himself together, he would be seen as quite a catch as a single dad working to raise his daughter could be seen as desirable to women, especially single moms who know the struggles of single parenting. 

All these people seem to want super hot significant others but aren’t too picky on any other attributes. As someone in their early 40s, I would be just fine with an average looking guy, who has a good heart, job, clean criminal record and who does not expect me to pay his bills because I don’t expect him to pay mine. I sure as hell am not going out of the country to find him. I would rather spend that money on me.

Ricky definitely has a sweet, teddy bear thing going that I think a lot of women would find very attractive indeed. He has a nice home and a lovely daughter who is obviously being well brought up. He has an interesting, creative profession and seems to have kind and supportive friends. He has a lot going for him in a lot of ways.

So which is it? Is "Melissa" a guy? Trans? Or, worst of all, FAT?

11 minutes ago, sharwoods said:

I would never eat the food in any restaurant Paul worked in. I have a terminal case of the heebie jeebies now just thinking of it. Ick.

Fort Knockers?? Klassy!

16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Rachel either said in the episode or in the preview that she didn't tell her dad that Jon "injured somebody at Unis." That could have been a very serious injury, like paralyzed some guy for life or put him in a coma.

Yeah, you don't do time for giving someone a black eye.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I don't believe Rachel said anything about Jon being a convicted felon and/or doing time.  I thought she said he 'got in trouble.'

I seem to recall that she said he'd been convicted of something, which was why he couldn't come here for the birth. But I was so busy feeling around, trying to find my eyes after they rolled out of my head, I admit I might not have been paying 100% attention.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:
On 8/5/2018 at 10:38 PM, Frozendiva said:

Nigeria is a long way away from Georgia. There will be culture shock if the boyfriend lives away from say, Lagos.

I wonder how Angela is going to do on that long ass flight without her Pall Malls ?

Just curious so I looked it up. Believe it or not there are twelve hour NONSTOP flights from Atlanta to Laos costing over $ 2K round trip. So she only has to worry about not smoking for twelve hours, but I'm sure she's going to kick the habit before she leaves...NOT! 

Of course, she would save a bit of money and have smoking breaks if she books a longer flight with stopovers. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
On 8/6/2018 at 8:04 AM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Every time Rachel says "karaoke app" my soul leaves my body. What is she, 15? What a childish way to meet someone.

Obviously she does not have TV or cable, who at that age is sitting around belting tunes into an app on their phone ? I am at least drinking beers and watching Ghost Adventurers / scary movies on a Saturday night  - cause that is how I roll  :)

• Love 16
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

With Betsey Johnson playing his mom. But who should we cast as Darcey and Jesse? 

"Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly" 

Funny.  One wouldn't harm a fly and the other is afraid of flies.  

Darcey, played by Hedda Nussbaum.  

and Jesse, played by Max Headroom.  

IMG_7355.PNG

IMG_7354.PNG

• Love 12
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

What's interesting to me is this sets up the whole Madonna/Whore thing for Paul.  He seemed to have a fascination with her little girl quality when they first met but made her take STD tests to make sure she was clean.  Then presumably they slept together, so now her requesting sex toys, the flirting with men on the internet and I can see how this season will play out.

That said, Karine looks a far cry from the previous virginal looking kid.  She really looks ROUGH.  

I did think it was interesting that her pictures these days are little more mature.  The fact that she asked for sex toys, unicorn slippers and poop pillows makes wonder what level of maturity she is dealing with.   

Karine's father wanting Pauls criminal records should not be a big deal considering Paul made Karine take a pregnancy (prenacy as Paul says) test as well as STD tests. 

Why was Mother Paul going thru his bags anyway?

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am at least drinking beers and watching Ghost Adventurers / scary movies on a Saturday night  - cause that is how I roll  :)

Substitute "episodes of Forensic Files we have seen 83 times already" for Ghost Adventurers and you have a big Saturday night in the bethster household.

34 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Darcey, played by Hedda Nussbaum.  

My God, that's dark.  Let's be best friends.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't believe Rachel said anything about Jon being a convicted felon and/or doing time.  I thought she said he 'got in trouble.'  

I'm pretty sure that is a euphemism for jail.  These horny people will do anything to gloss over the serious flaws of their intendeds.

What I'm trying to understand is how she reconciles his propensity for violence and why she thinks it's impossible for that to happen to her or her young child.  Does she tell herself he wasn't the aggressor and instead was defending someone?  Does she tell herself he was just drunk?  And if he was just drunk, does it not concern her that he gets that drunk and can't control his temper?  

It never ceases to amaze me how the horny justify ignoring those huge red signs.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why was Mother Paul going thru his bags anyway?

maybe she was slipping in some little happy face notes with encouraging messages like she used to do for his school lunches. Or maybe she was leaving him some more of her hair? 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder how Angela is going to do on that long ass flight without her Pall Malls ?

She's going to have to get herself some chaw.

At least she knows what a Nigerian flag looks like.

I'm still not sure Nicole could pick out a Moroccan flag.  Tell me I'm not the only one who would be tempted to mess with these women.  "No, Nicole, Morocco has no flag, only mysterious etchings they scratch in the sand at sunset only to be blown asunder by the four winds." 

Angela, he can't have his picture on your phone because over there it's considered impolite to steal your soul.

13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

maybe she was slipping in some little happy face notes with encouraging messages like she used to do for his school lunches. Or maybe she was leaving him some more of her hair? 

"Paul, have a great day and drink lots of water, Love Mom." 

"Paul, think about baseball... or me.  Love Mom."

• Love 8
Spoiler

At last season's Tell All, Chris definitely offered David Poor a "restaurant job." That's why I was confused this year because David was still unemployed. If Paul was offered the job, that would mean he's back from the Amazon with or without Kreenie. 

Fort Knockers appears to be a knock off (tee hee) Hooters. It's not open yet, but their website says: We're a military-themed restaurant committed to providing an exciting atmosphere, nostalgic military regalia, exceptional food, and southern hospitality. Fort Knockers Mess Hall in Louisville would be honored to serve you!

I think I need to spoiler alert this info about Paul's reported  job offer. 

Edited by magemaud
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Pubes this time.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I'm casting my vote with the one brave person that said Melissa is not a catfish. Because TLC may be working that angle to make us believe she is a catfish just to do the bait and switch again (bad pun intended), much like they did with Antonio and Courtney. I'm not getting my hopes up that this is going to be some troll just to be let down again. Is anyone else disappointed when the catfish ends up being the real person like I am? What I always root for is for the catfish to be a regular person, not some Instagram model, and for the catfishee to finally realize, hey if I'm a 3 I maybe could date a 3 and it will be ok to be with a regular person! Lol of course that never happens and might be less interesting to watch. 

If Melissa actually is the person from the picture then she is just not interested in one of the many guys she is scamming showing up IRL. The only thing that makes me question that was what he said about the gif loop video. If I am wrong about this that's fine too because he (Ricky? Name is escaping me) needs to learn a lesson here. All these people that being kids into these situations need to learn some hard lessons. 

I was very surprised when Antonio wound up being a person. It was kind of fun.

That being said, I would be disappointed if it happened again. I'd like to see some of these idiots get hooked up with catfish. 

The gif loop thing was very suspicious.  After all, she's talking to the love of her life. What's with the gif loop?  

I'd really like to see Melissa wind up being the female version of Ricky, physically, meaning the same level of attractiveness.  Let's see how much he likes her soul then?  Let's see how much he enjoys being forced to socialize with her for two weeks.

I think the lesson here is if he wants to be shallow, great, be shallow, but he needs to have the same standard for himself, regular workouts, protein shakes, body waxes, etc. Then, find a girl who has an identical Tinder score.

If it's some kind of formal scam operation then Ricky could actually be walking into serious danger. Good thing he has the camera crew with him.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

He has a life coach business?!  From what I've seen (last night was the first time I saw this couple), this show is going to ruin his business, not promote it.  Who would watch him on this show and think, "That's what I need to get my life together?" I suppose he could be a life coach to people who dream of being on 90 Day Fiancee.

I find it amusing that Jesse, 24 year old and whats her face from Big Brother, 23 year old claim to be life coaches. - Heck I am twice as old as them and I still ain't got my life together 100 percent so how can they ?  

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm just picturing her with about 50 nicotine patches all over her body.  LOL.

yes, don't want any nicotine to crawl up into her urethra 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 100Proof said:

Good lord, lol.

My sister and brother in law (who is retired) have taken turns living at their daughter (my niece) and husbands house taking care of 'our' new baby till he goes into daycare when he reaches 2 years old. My Bro in law has spent months at a time doing that since birth and continues doing so. My sis still works but still does some shorter stints.

Remember, what her mom thinks and acts is pure speculation on our part, included my own thoughts about her. However, I tried to provide some hypothetical situations to cover various scenario's on how people may act in them

I'm with you here.  My husband and I are in our 30s, own our own home, have jobs, and raise our son.  My father (my mother is deceased) respects the decisions we make and how we parent our son.  But if we were doing anything that would possibly threaten the safety and well-being of our son, he would do anything humanly possible to stop us.  If I were Rachel, my dad would insist on watching him while I went to England.  If I fought him on the issue, he would probably make my life a living hell as much as possible.  If I was someone like Nicole who couldn't support my child on my own AND I wanted to run off to Morocco, he'd sue me for support.  And I get it.  His grandson's  safety is more important than my decisions about my love life.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I find it amusing that Jesse, 24 year old and whats her face from Big Brother, 23 year old claim to be life coaches. - Heck I am twice as old as them and I still ain't got my life together 100 percent so how can they ?  

yes, don't want any nicotine to crawl up into her urethra 

The one from BB looks and sounds like Nicole Richie.  That is not a compliment.

• Love 1