Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

58 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I did not know this! Interesting. 

Were they cohabitating for 10 yrs, or dating for 10 yrs, and Max moved in the last while, esp when she got preggers

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

For people who haven't seen the show, my recommendation is not to bother. Another one of those days Meh-gun made the show entirely unwatchable by making everything about herself, screaming over the rest, and putting words in everyone's mouths to make her deranged comments sound less insane than they are.

Anyway, when they were showing the retrospective of the past year, I imagine the only thing Her Majesty McCain was thinking was how upset she was not to have been there when Hillary Clinton  Crooked Hillary  (MM's voice, not mine) was interviewed.

She was probably going to annihilate her just like she did to Comey.  lolololololo

• Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said nobody she has said Merry Christmas to has been offended.  No they aren't offended.  It's the people who want Merry Christmas to be a mandatory saying are the ones who are offended by hearing Happy Holidays.  Once again it's the my intolerance isn't be tolerated defense.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Wings said:

It seemed the decision to marry was to have her dad be part of it. 

Oh my.....I completely forgot about this.  Just the other day she said they decided to marry because Trump won and their emotions were all over the place.  OMG she did get married because she wanted her father to be alive for it.  I just hate that woman!!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Oh my.....I completely forgot about this.  Just the other day she said they decided to marry because Trump won and their emotions were all over the place.  OMG she did get married because she wanted her father to be alive for it.  I just hate that woman!!

I thought that was common knowledge.  I could be wrong but I thought Meghan said as much at the time.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 7

That "War on Christmas" hot topic was an exercise in deflect and distract, no substance. MM doesn't want to talk about 3D printed guns or how effectively the Democrats dealt with Franken vs. how the R's cover for their harassers and pedophiles.  With the premature ouster of Sen Franken, we the people lost an important voice.

• Love 19

The reasons most people don't challenge Meghan when she says, "Merry Christmas."

1. It's not worth it.
  2. They have problems of their own...let it go.
  3. They know Megan doesn't want to join them in a cuppa tea and listen to an opposing view.
  4. They're deaf or the screeching hurt their ears.  They just ran!
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan also mentioned "a friend of hers." Let's hope she gets enough bitchiness out of her system so that she doesn't ruin Sara's send-off tomorrow. Also "siren song" =/= "dog-whistle".

Is Sara's send-off tomorrow, Thursday?  Or did you mean Friday?  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

The reasons most people don't challenge Meghan when she says, "Merry Christmas."

1. It's not worth it.
  2. They have problems of their own...let it go.
  3. They know Megan doesn't want to join them in a cuppa tea and listen to an opposing view.
  4. They're deaf or the screeching hurt their ears.  They just ran!

They just take the well wishes as a friendly gesture and go on with their day.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought that was common knowledge.  I could be wrong but I thought Meghan said as much at the time.

It was common knowledge and I forgot about it, and then she lied on Friday and said they got married because trump won and romance was in the air. she said "if trump wouldn't have won, I'd probably wouldn't be married to Ben"

• Love 3

Gee Meghan,,,,, try to take over the show much ? At this rate I can see next season being " Meghan McCain presents The View  with   ..........   and starring Meghan McCain " Sara's last day will probably be something like , Sara tell us your favorite memories of Meghan , what do you like best about her ?  etc. Then Meghan can tell her best memories of Sara.  And good luck to anyone who dares to try to interrupt what I'm sure will be a heartfelt and touching tribute. While we're on Meghan , she might as well update us on her fathers condition. { I've heard he's sick } and she wouldn't want Sara to worry.    As to the Christmas debate ...... someone's saying something nice to you. What's the problem ? Would you rather they tell you to go  f  yourself ?

• Love 11

It seems that the whole "War on Christmas" nonsense is an imbalance of what should be mandatory. For most people, "Happy Holidays" or any other expression of good will are generous impulses without any hint of coercion - they're not insisting that everyone use the expressions they prefer. For Megan's "tribe", "Merry Christmas" is the only expression allowable and must be enforced. It's a microcosm of the rest of her precious culture war, which she hammers at like a maniacal woodpecker.

• Love 14

Did you guys noticed how Sunny was looking at Megan when she was ranting about her delusional war on Christmas. I know that Sara must be happy to be out of there.

I wish that somebody would tell Megan that the Christmas holiday was originally a Pagan Holiday that the Christians co-opted for themselves.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Ah, the fifties.  The repubs favorite decade.  Well, the men anyway.  I'm sure they would especially appreciate that picture:  The little woman (literally) teetering in her housedress and heels to hang the mistletoe to kiss him under.  --   I need an Alka Seltzer. ?

Hah, that's why men long for the good old days!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

probs tomorrow, Whoppi is off on Fridays.

Thanks.  I'll try turning it on tomorrow. I guess I can keep the volume muted, so I don't have to hear MM's voice.  She now grates on me the same way Elisabeth used to. 

For anyone who missed it, here's the link to the "year review".  I started to watch, but once MM opened her mouth, I shut it down.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish that somebody would tell Megan that the Christmas holiday was originally a Pagan Holiday that the Christians co-opted for themselves.

I wonder if all the people fighting the war on Christmas are also upset about the holiday being turned into a commercial holiday who's sole purpose seems to be to have people spend truckloads of money on presents.

• Love 18

ABC, put on your big pants and tell Meghan to SHUT UP.  She makes my blood boil.  Whoopi is too whimpy to reign her in when she starts shrieking.  Poor Sara, she never get a chance to finish her point without someone interrupting her.  And it's not just Meghan, Joy, Sunny , and Whoopi all do it.

• Love 9

The whole LONG "War on Christmas" conversation made me want to tear my hair out. They shouldn't have even brought it up since it's one of the most stupid talking points of Trump and his followers. There's no sense in even mentioning it.

Do you think Joy and Sunny were consulted about Meghan's return next season? I guess even if they objected, ABC thinks MM adds to the conflict and increased ratings, but I wonder if Joy threatened to leave, they would consider giving MM the ax. The agitation that she is causing Joy is obvious. Sunny probably lets it flow over her.

MM certainly has ramped up her rapid fire, repetitive talking time lately. She must feel emboldened by her new contract. I wish she would move to Montana surrounded by her guns and flags and decide to stay there (since she mentioned that that would be her dream).

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Anyway, when they were showing the retrospective of the past year, I imagine the only thing Her Majesty McCain was thinking was how upset she was not to have been there when Hillary Clinton was interviewed.

She wouldn't have the guts or rather, NERVE to get in Hillary's face. Sure she trash talks her, insults her when she's not there. But no way would get in Hillary's face with her nasty attitude.

13 minutes ago, Wings said:

War on Christmas sure smacks of another diversion.  Why bring it up in July let alone at all.   

I blame Gretchen Carlson.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Thanks.  I'll try turning it on tomorrow. I guess I can keep the volume muted, so I don't have to hear MM's voice.  She now grates on me the same way Elisabeth used to. 

For anyone who missed it, here's the link to the "year review".  I started to watch, but once MM opened her mouth, I shut it down.  

Thanks for going to the trouble!  I caught the last 5 minutes of the show & thought they were paying a tribute to MM because she was leaving.  Delusional, much?  LOL

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Kenz said:

The whole LONG "War on Christmas" conversation made me want to tear my hair out. They shouldn't have even brought it up since it's one of the most stupid talking points of Trump and his followers. There's no sense in even mentioning it.

Do you think Joy and Sunny were consulted about Meghan's return next season? I guess even if they objected, ABC thinks MM adds to the conflict and increased ratings, but I wonder if Joy threatened to leave, they would consider giving MM the ax. The agitation that she is causing Joy is obvious. Sunny probably lets it flow over her.

MM certainly has ramped up her rapid fire, repetitive talking time lately. She must feel emboldened by her new contract. I wish she would move to Montana surrounded by her guns and flags and decide to stay there (since she mentioned that that would be her dream).

I don't think that Joy is agitated, I think that Joy is over it when it comes to Megan. She had the nerve to chastise Joy for making faces, when she was ranting and raving like a maniac.. If Abby Huntsman is joining the table, then, that lets me know that the show has sold out for ratings and notoriety. Then, I will not be watching the show.  

• Love 13

Oh please. They know there is no war on Christmas. It's just pandering to the ignorant, which is what they do to keep support. I did have hope a couple years ago. It's gone now.  The lengths people are going to tear down the other side, is revolting. I can't help but to laugh at Meghan, but this really isn't a good fit for her. She was coddled way too much and doesn't know how to debate without turning into a temper tantrum throwing toddler.. I really think we have been sucked into a black hole, but just don't know it. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

MM certainly has ramped up her rapid fire, repetitive talking time lately. She must feel emboldened by her new contract.

This.  She has renewed vigor and venom.  And that "Joy, don't look at me like that!" statement was totally to bait Joy.  I'm glad Joy defended herself.  

• Love 15

My mother has watched The View for years. She just wants to be entertained. She doesn't get riled up over politics. But Meghan is getting on her last nerve. 

And Meghan, you don't have to explain the War on Christmas to someone who has conservative friends on Facebook. That dead horse gets beaten every year. I just want to tell them to shut up and wish them Happy Festivus.

• Love 18

I completely disagreed with Joy today. I understand that she loves Al Franken, but I don't care Republican or Democrat, whatever, what he did was wrong. And this he's a comedian, is not an excuse. Whether you are a comedian, or a businessman, you don't pose like that with a sleeping woman without her consent!! I fly a lot, and I swear if I was sleeping on a plane, and any person posed like that with me, without my consent, you bet your butt, I would sue, and look to have them fired from whatever job they have. If that ever happened to any woman on this message board, I would stand up for them, and sign any petition, and make my voice be heard about how wrong that action is, no matter their political affiliation.

I completely agreed with Sunny. Yes Harvey Weinstein set the bar so high, but that doesn't mean that offenses against women that aren't at that level, aren't wrong as well. And furthermore, this wasn't just some right wing agenda, as Joy put it. I'm glad Meghan mentioned the democrats that asked for his resignation.

Just today, Kirsten Gillibrand, spoke about how the backlash she received from Male democratic donors who were upset about her push for Al's resignation. She responded with this:

“If standing up for women who have been wronged makes George Soros mad, that’s on him,” Gillibrand told HuffPost in a statement. “But I won’t hesitate to always do what I think is right. For nearly a year, we have seen countless acts of courage as women and men have spoken hard truths about sexual assault and sexual harassment and demanded accountability.”

So because a democratic woman stood up for another woman, regardless of politics, she is now being shamed,

I refer to the tweet by Astead, the national political reporter for the New York Times who tweeted:

"The Soros view here is so popular among Dem male donors and lawmakers. Few say it publicly, but in DC I'd hear it all the time from supposedly liberal men: Franken as a martyr and Gillibrand as "opportunist"

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The way that things went down with Al Franken left a bad taste in my mouth.  I had misgivings about his first accuser. She is very suspect in my opinion. Her friendship with Hannity.  There are pictures of her grabbing men and doing things.  Al Franken should have been investigated by the senate. I feel that the people of Minnesota should have had a say in Al continuing to represent them.  The Democrats are always so quick to eat one of their own. It really pissed me off how Kirsten seemed to revel in taking down Al. I feel that we lost a good senator.  It may not be a popular opinion to have, but, that is how I feel. I have no problem seating at this table in the corner by myself.

Absolutely agree!  I will sit with you, also!  

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

dited to add.....just watched the flashback of the year...Wow! Meghan has gained  a lot of weight this past year!  Either that or her wardrobe was much more flattering  last fall. 

Is it possible she is pregnant????   She looked enormous today.  Even a skinny person would look fat in that dress.  What is she thinking?????

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Al Franken should have been investigated by the senate

I wish he would have allowed the investigation instead of resigning. There were eight different accusers against him, and I think it should have been investigated so we the public know if the allegations are true or not. 

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he just resigned, and now is like I may run again. I just don't want that to set some standard that you resign and avoid an investigation, and then just run again.

I just really wish they did the investigation, and if there was sufficient evidence then resign, but if not then stay. 

• Love 6

The whole War on Christmas thing is ridiculous.  I recall when a lawsuit in a town near me resulted in nativity scenes no longer being allowed in front of a government building.  Makes sense, but people were LIVID.  around the same time, Schools stopped doing nativity plays, and at my kids' school, "Christmas parties"  were replaced with "Winter holiday parties", with only certain themes allowed.  I was fine with it, but many people would grumble, and blame certain groups.  This was after 9/11, and there were a lot of people who equated Muslim = terrorist, so they were tying their anti-Muslim feelings to "I can't celebrate MY holiday any more!"    Later, people made the connection to Obama, and believed that Obama had made some decree that America was not allowed to celebrate Christmas.  (Even though the Obamas made videos every year wishing everyone Merry Christmas)  The current president has stirred this up, and there are people who believe it, and for some reason equate Christian = America.     

Meghan is right about one thing - trump is smart to bring this up.   His supporters lap it up.  And she is right there with them.   She twisted Whoopi's words, "I say happy holidays because it's inclusive", to mean, "saying merry Christmas is wrong", when that's not at all what was said.   The only people who get offended are those on the right who somehow think "happy holidays" means we should abolish Christmas. 

At the end of the segment, Meghan tried to take credit for the show discussing "culture wars"  and Whoopi wasn't having it.   Whoopi used to bend over backwards to make sure Meghan felt heard and included, but I thin she's reaching her limit with her these days. 

• Love 13

So agree backforemore - along with Joy. Sarah's outta there, Sunny, Sunny - which is okay because I really like what she says professionally (as a Lawyer) and even personally because she is true to herself and not trying to change anyone else.

• Love 5

The Christmas topic was a complete waste.  They should have talked about why Trump is using this topic to rile up his base.  Instead, they became ensnared in the topic, and Whoopi repeated herself several times, whilst Meggie tried to do her cultural wars, siren song thing.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/siren+song

@blondiec0332 pointed out correctly that "siren song" is not what Meggie thinks it is. She has used this several times on the show, and each time I am perplexed.

12 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said the war on Christmas is a siren song to those on the right.  She meant dog whistle.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 12

I've deleted all the shows so far this week without viewing after reading here first. I don't care to get worked up over MM when I have other things going on that have me stressed out. I'm with others that have said that depending on who the new hire is and the Summer break that it might be easy to stop watching the show again. I've done it more then once before so I know it can be done again. I hate that the people in charge continue to let RBM disrespect the audience, her co-hosts and viewers on a daily basis with what appears to be no repercussions. 

I don't really enjoy it when people say "Marry Christmas " to be and it's not just because I don't celebrate. It's also due to the fact it was so long ago that I actually enjoyed the holiday season and that I'm the only one left in my immediate family. I don't really say anything when people wish me a "Merry Christmas" because I live in the deep south and never know what kind of reaction someone might have if I expressed that it's not my thing. I do say "Happy Holidays" to people if I'm in a position where I have to say something. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Just today, Kirsten Gillibrand, spoke about how the backlash she received from Male democratic donors who were upset about her push for Al's resignation. She responded with this:

“If standing up for women who have been wronged makes George Soros mad, that’s on him,” Gillibrand told HuffPost in a statement. “But I won’t hesitate to always do what I think is right. For nearly a year, we have seen countless acts of courage as women and men have spoken hard truths about sexual assault and sexual harassment and demanded accountability.”

So because a democratic woman stood up for another woman, regardless of politics, she is now being shamed,

Had she and the other Senate women not said anything they would have been criticized also.  They had no choice.  I agree with Joy that the country lost a great advocate for democratic (small d) rights but I also agree with the women of the Senate that he had to leave.  However if Franken wants to try to run again, leave it to the people of MN to decide if he deserves the privilege of serving them.

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She admitted her perspective on healthcare only changed once her dad was diagnosed with brain cancer. That statement is the epitome of privilege and entitlement. She only cared when it affected her family.

Seems very Meghan.  

Poor Joy  couldn't get one word in. Meghan wouldn't stop talking. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Edited to add.....just watched the flashback of the year...Wow! Meghan has gained  a lot of weight this past year!  Either that or her wardrobe was much more flattering  last fall. 

It could be the alcohol catching up to her.

• Love 6