Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wish I could do the same. There used to be one close by but now the only left is in the city.

There’s only two in Houston but on the rare occasion it’s worth the extra drive.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think it's more than eight who have had serious issues with Bethenny:

1. Jill
  2. Luann
  3. Kelly
  4. Ramona
  5. Sonja
  6. Heather
  7. Kristen
  8. Jules
  9. Tinsley
  10. Carole
  11. Dorinda

The only housewives who have never had a problem with Bethenny are:

1. Aviva
  2. Cindy
  3. Alex

And the first two never filmed with Bethenny.

Yes to this. I was thinking along these same lines. and the thing is, they just don't have a problem with her, many have been verbally decimated by her. I can't understand how anyone who was on the receiving end of her toxic rants would ever want to be around her again. If I had a "friend" who spoke to me the way she did to Luann or Sonja or Jules or Kristen - there would be no coming back for me. I will give her that she is sometimes funny, but that doesn't excuse her viciousness. Poor Brynn - can you imagine what will happen when she is in the preteen or teen years and pisses off mommy dearest? Jason may be an asshole - idk because we only hear B's side, but his family seemed pretty normal and Brynn definitely will need that in her life. B always says she was raised by wolves. What will Brynn say?

• Love 12
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Me four!

I think it was child abuse - when she allowed her toddler daughter to be filmed sitting on a toilet.

Bravo should never have cast her for the show - she was mentally too vulnerable - with her ongoing issue with anorexia and bulimia and 80% of the Bravos scenes around food - no bueno!

That woman's lack of any basic life skills (not knowing how to make coffee, not knowing how to toilet train her children, etc.) was positively cringeworthy.

I never warmed up to her and was never able to figure out why Bravo had cast her in the first place.  

Seriously, lady, buy a fucking Keurig if you're percolator challenged and learn some basic parenting skills.  

1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

Yes to this. I was thinking along these same lines. and the thing is, they just don't have a problem with her, many have been verbally decimated by her. I can't understand how anyone who was on the receiving end of her toxic rants would ever want to be around her again. If I had a "friend" who spoke to me the way she did to Luann or Sonja or Jules or Kristen - there would be no coming back for me. I will give her that she is sometimes funny, but that doesn't excuse her viciousness. Poor Brynn - can you imagine what will happen when she is in the preteen or teen years and pisses off mommy dearest? Jason may be an asshole - idk because we only hear B's side, but his family seemed pretty normal and Brynn definitely will need that in her life. B always says she was raised by wolves. What will Brynn say?

Not much.  She'll likely be eyeball deep in therapy by the time she hits adolescence.  

• Love 9
15 hours ago, bagger said:

Never a fan of Jules, she brought nothing to the table as far as I can see.

I agree. I don't think she belonged on the show. I thought the skinny shaming was awful via BF and CR, but that doesn't excuse Jule's age comments. She was so neurotic and not really enjoyable for me to watch on the show. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with what was going on in her marriage - and it doesn't make her a bad person, but for me it makes her a bad addition to a RH show - I'm guessing I'm not the only one who felt this way -  thus why she was a one and done. I hope she has found or does find her happy.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, ancslove said:

I like both Bethenny and Carole (and I never liked Jules), but this season I just don’t agree with how Carole handled their feud.  Just tell her it’s over!  Kissing B and saying she loved her was an ice-cold move at the end of that night, when Carole just doesn’t feel that way.  

I agree that Carole should just tell Beth that it’s over. But I also think Carole does still love Beth. Carole loves her and enjoyed  their friendship and wishes her well. But for Carole’s own mental health, she wants to spend time with other friends who may be less toxic, exhausting, intense, critical and self-absorbed. 

• Love 11

What I find amusing about the whole "BF went off on Luanne" situation is that the main reason she went off on Luanne was in defense of Carole. She had her friend's back and Lu was being snarky. Also, I know Luanne had been snippy with BF for a long time b4 the blowup. For example - she got in between  BF and JZ making up - so add that on top of "defending" Carole - I see where that tirade came from. Not that I find BF's tirades amusing - but, she apologized to Luanne pretty quickly - and Lu is fine with her now. Also - outside of the whole Tipsy Girl blow up (which was kind of minor for BF standards) with Sonja - Sonja and she always pretty much got along. I don't think Tins cares too much one way or the other outside of defending her buddy Carole, when it comes to BF. So yeah - she's had blow-ups with them all and went overboard more often than not, but I think most of them were after being prodded... I don't think she has alienated everyone on the show.  Final thought - Jill. Jill was nasty with BF. BF tried over and over to "make it nice" and JZ refused until it was too late. JZ continued to be nasty, mainly to Alex, after BF left the show - and no doubt, if she were still on, she would continue to be nasty to at least one person who she deemed "underneath her". She's no saint herself. I say this and then follow up with - I'd give her a chance to come back on, now that Carole's leaving, but I'm not sure if she would fit in the dynamic now or not, nor do I care if she doesn't come back in a full HW position. As I've said before, I sense them casting a person who will get along with BF to balance out the group. I don't like seeing any one person getting dogpiled on. I don't find it amusing. It happened back when Alex was on the show, after BF left. Everone except Ramona aligned with Jill. It happened a bit with Sonja.  Anywho - I'm at a babbling point so I shall shush. :) 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

What I find amusing about the whole "BF went off on Luanne" situation is that the main reason she went off on Luanne was in defense of Carole. She had her friend's back and Lu was being snarky. Also, I know Luanne had been snippy with BF for a long time b4 the blowup. For example - she got in between  BF and JZ making up - so add that on top of "defending" Carole - I see where that tirade came from. Not that I find BF's tirades amusing - but, she apologized to Luanne pretty quickly - and Lu is fine with her now. Also - outside of the whole Tipsy Girl blow up (which was kind of minor for BF standards) with Sonja - Sonja and she always pretty much got along. I don't think Tins cares too much one way or the other outside of defending her buddy Carole, when it comes to BF. So yeah - she's had blow-ups with them all and went overboard more often than not, but I think most of them were after being prodded... I don't think she has alienated everyone on the show.  Final thought - Jill. Jill was nasty with BF. BF tried over and over to "make it nice" and JZ refused until it was too late. JZ continued to be nasty, mainly to Alex, after BF left the show - and no doubt, if she were still on, she would continue to be nasty to at least one person who she deemed "underneath her". She's no saint herself. I say this and then follow up with - I'd give her a chance to come back on, now that Carole's leaving, but I'm not sure if she would fit in the dynamic now or not, nor do I care if she doesn't come back in a full HW position. As I've said before, I sense them casting a person who will get along with BF to balance out the group. I don't like seeing any one person getting dogpiled on. I don't find it amusing. It happened back when Alex was on the show, after BF left. Everone except Ramona aligned with Jill. It happened a bit with Sonja.  Anywho - I'm at a babbling point so I shall shush. :) 

Although I think Carole’s conflict with Lu contributed, Beth conceded at that Reunion that verbally regurgitating all over Lu in the Berkshires was the accumulation of many years of Lu taking her countess digs at Beth. (I watched it last night.)

• Love 3
On 7/26/2018 at 5:06 PM, VedaPierce said:

When Lu gets drunk and falls in the bushes, I laugh..when Dorinda gets drunk and starts stabbing, breaking and fighting, I'm disgusted. One is a happy, fun drunk I would enjoy having a glass with myslelf...the other a monster I would never want to be alone with. 

Lu wasn't fun and happy when she told the police she wanted to kill them, not to mention slamming a door in an officer's face. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Lu wasn't fun and happy when she told the police she wanted to kill them, not to mention slamming a door in an officer's face. 

Yeah but that was different! Lol she was getting arrested for heaven sakes! I’ve never ever seen her go after any of the housewives while she’s drunk like Dorinda. Come on, you can’t deny they both have very different drunk ‘styles’.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

She'll likely be eyeball deep in therapy by the time she hits adolescence.  

Sadly,  this is probably too true.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Although I think Carole’s conflict with Lu contributed, Beth conceded at that Reunion that verbally regurgitating all over Lu in the Berkshires was the accumulation of many years of Lu taking her countess digs at Beth. (I watched it last night.)

most definitely - Carole's issues with Lu were the icing on the cake - I suspect that pot would not have blown yet had she not had Carole's issues with Lu in her noggin. Perhaps Carole gave her the excuse to blow - but she still blew in defense of Carole/Adam (and then all her issues with Lu toppled out as well). Years of pent-up angst came flying out... but now it seems they're ok - at least as far as coworkers on RHONY goes ;) 

• Love 3

Back on topic, please!  This thread is for discussing what happened in the episode ONLY.  We have a lot of threads to discuss past housewives/seasons, Carole leaving and an entire forum dedicated to RHoBH.  Take the off-topic talk to the appropriate thread(s)/forum.  Thanks!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Yeah but that was different! Lol she was getting arrested for heaven sakes! I’ve never ever seen her go after any of the housewives while she’s drunk like Dorinda. Come on, you can’t deny they both have very different drunk ‘styles’.

That's what is so ironic about Lu getting arrested, it could have been any of them and usually Lu isn't even the worst! Dorinda is by the far the worst, the way she turned on Lu in the episode, smashed a glass and was swearing and shouting all over the place. If she acts like that to her 'friend' how has she not managed to get on the wrong side of the law by now when she's in that state. She really is like Jeckle and Hyde, two people in one body. And at this point she has been told repeatedly about what she's like when she's drunk. She should 100% be in rehab more than Luann.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Yes! to all you wrote.   The notion that it's only Bethenny that's "had problems" with EVERYBODY because she's the mean, nasty, vicious one is a lot of subjective opinion based on hatred of Bethenny.  As you pointed out, most of her problems and outbursts were reactions to something said or done to her or about her or her allies.  And its not like the other HoWives didnt give back as good as they got from B, as if they were all rolled over on by B, hence the notion of B being the big Bully.  It's funny how the whole story never gets written.  But the breakup between B & C is still a puzzle to me.   Other than the notion that Bethenny is too needy for Carol, I don't think we've been privy to the real heart of the matter.  Unless Carol really is a cold hearted person who just tired of Bethenny and wants to friend up the new kid on the block, Tinsley.  But let's not forget how Ramona also had "problems" and/or blowups with Jill, with Alex, how she told Sonja she didn't want to be seen with her anymore because she's (Sonja) an embarrassing drunk, how she hurt Luann by telling her about the gold bracelet Tom bought another lady & more.  Remember when Luann iced out Alex in Monacco (the thug in a coctail dress) and had some not so nice words for her, how she was Jill's protector from Bethenny.  Didn't Heather & Dorinda get into it also?   And I can't remember who it was that Heather was cussing and calling a "MoFo",  but it wasn't Bethenny.  I say all this to highlight the fact that it's not only Bethenny that has had "problems" with everybody.  At one point or another, they've all had issues with one a other, especially if you've been on the show for a while.  Kristen and Jules tenures were too short to even count.   If they were on for a few more years, they probably would be good buds with Bethenny by now, the way these women fall in and out of alliances.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

Yes! to all you wrote.   The notion that it's only Bethenny that's "had problems" with EVERYBODY because she's the mean, nasty, vicious one is a lot of subjective opinion based on hatred of Bethenny.  As you pointed out, most of her problems and outbursts were reactions to something said or done to her or about her or her allies.  And its not like the other HoWives didnt give back as good as they got from B, as if they were all rolled over on by B, hence the notion of B being the big Bully.  It's funny how the whole story never gets written.  But the breakup between B & C is still a puzzle to me.   Other than the notion that Bethenny is too needy for Carol, I don't think we've been privy to the real heart of the matter.  Unless Carol really is a cold hearted person who just tired of Bethenny and wants to friend up the new kid on the block, Tinsley.  But let's not forget how Ramona also had "problems" and/or blowups with Jill, with Alex, how she told Sonja she didn't want to be seen with her anymore because she's (Sonja) an embarrassing drunk, how she hurt Luann by telling her about the gold bracelet Tom bought another lady & more.  Remember when Luann iced out Alex in Monacco (the thug in a coctail dress) and had some not so nice words for her, how she was Jill's protector from Bethenny.  Didn't Heather & Dorinda get into it also?   And I can't remember who it was that Heather was cussing and calling a "MoFo",  but it wasn't Bethenny.  I say all this to highlight the fact that it's not only Bethenny that has had "problems" with everybody.  At one point or another, they've all had issues with one a other, especially if you've been on the show for a while.  Kristen and Jules tenures were too short to even count.   If they were on for a few more years, they probably would be good buds with Bethenny by now, the way these women fall in and out of alliances.

Yes!

Bethenny gets more screen time than the other women so she garners more attention.  

• Love 3
Just now, film noire said:

At this point, I think it's more a numbers game than anything else -- 10 housewives versus one Frankel = she's the problem.

This year. But it cycles, with the exception of like Jules or Tinsley, every housewife has had the same issue. Maybe not all at once, but we have seen this dynamic on BH with LVP. It happens when a group of women decide that another has too much power and needs to be taken down.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

This year. But it cycles, with the exception of like Jules or Tinsley, every housewife has had the same issue. Maybe not all at once, but we have seen this dynamic on BH with LVP. It happens when a group of women decide that another has too much power and needs to be taken down.

And we've seen how well that worked out for those who went up against LVP, Vicki, Nene and Bethenny. 

4 minutes ago, film noire said:

We're off topic @ShawnaLanne (that's why I edited my comment, I just saw the mod note  -- have some delightful pups instead! ; )

pups.jpg

Thank you!  They're precious.   The one in the front is going to be a big boy/girl.........check out those paws!  

• Love 2

Some Archie and Bambi, yes!!!!  And a tennis ball.  And some River too....

I also don't think that Beth garners more attention because of screen time.  It's what she says and does.  Get me a plane...

• Love 7

Thanks for the puppies.....back to the episode.

Finally watched.  Lord Dorinda is a mean and embarrassing drunk.  That said, and while you'd think a good friend would keep her mouth shut, she didn't say anything to Luann that wasn't accurate.

I don't care that Carole didn't clean up Dorinda's lipstick, though it was nice of B to do it.  That said, NO ONE should have been trying to reason with Dorinda while she was that drunk; she simply wasn't able to comprehend what they were saying.  I wouldn't be surprised if B interacted with Dorinda in order to get more screen time of Dorinda slurring her words.  Which is incredibly embarrassing for Dorinda and mean of B (if true).

B can stop with the "I need to call Dennis for a plane."  You have a million assistants, and you are capable of traveling first class on a regular airline.  Get over yourself, this is the kind of thing that, done by Luann, you'd be up in arms.

Also stop with the crying, especially when you're showing the bolt-ons.  I never want to see that again!

Sonja - stop living up B's ass.  You think this will help you, but in the long run it won't.  B turns on everyone, and you're not capable of not screwing it up.

Couldn't care less if B and Carole fix their damaged friendship. 

• Love 8

I wouldn't be surprised if B interacted with Dorinda in order to get more screen time of Dorinda slurring her words. Which is incredibly embarrassing for Dorinda and mean of B (if true).

I have no doubt that was Frankel's motive, because I don't think she's capable of doing anything purely out of kindness. The woman couldn't even gift Sonja those jeans without making a point of how they were too big for her (as if she couldn't get samples of her own product in her size).

• Love 7

I found it very moving, the gentleness Bethany showed Dorinda, while she spoke to her while drunk. The advice she gave her was solid, and she certsinly knows how to interact with a drunk without setting them off. You can see she is a child of an alcoholic clearly here. I appreciated that she took a moment to clean up Dorinda's face, rather than sitting back and smirking at her like Carole did. But whatever the motivation, it was a good thing. I like to celebrate good things. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I found it very moving, the gentleness Bethany showed Dorinda, while she spoke to her while drunk. The advice she gave her was solid, and she certsinly knows how to interact with a drunk without setting them off. You can see she is a child of an alcoholic clearly here. I appreciated that she took a moment to clean up Dorinda's face, rather than sitting back and smirking at her like Carole did. But whatever the motivation, it was a good thing. I like to celebrate good things. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes!   Obviously Bethenny knows how to deal with a drunk. Her voice, movements, etc. we're tailored to the task at hand without agitating Dorinda.   I doubt anyone else in the group  would have been able to pull that off.     On the other hand, Carole sat there smirking while Dorinda made a fool of herself.   Who's the mean bitch now? 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, film noire said:

off topic!

No, it's not off topic.  (Sorry Mods, please hear my reasoning).  When we`re talking about Bethenny & Carol`s friendship disintegrating, as it is in this episode, then several posters talk about how B eventually alienates EVERYBODY, then go on to list all the cast members, current ones and former ones, that she alienated, it's not off topic to elaborate on the notion of how B alienates people, since it's happening now with Carol.  These things don't/didn't happen in a vacuum and bringing in some past incidents to make a point is necessary.  If some are allowed to post thoughts on what they perceive to be B`s poisonous personality as a reason for her friendship breakup, others, like me, wish to counter those notions with some history of others who also had butted heads.  Some posters don't know all the history of this crew and get a skewed version of these characters when reading and focusing only about one episode.  Context matters.

I've been watching this episode while waiting for tonight's boat ride from hell.

I don't know why I didn't say this earlier but.....

.......Carole STFU!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Fuck Bethanny Frankel. She's a successful businesswoman and a failure at being human. She handed out those cash cards personally so she could get all the adoration her empty soul needs. If you want a partner, be a good partner. If you want friends, be good to people and you build friendships. As one who also had a bad childhood and abusive mother, I empathize with Bethanny a great deal with difficulty forming connections, but she has more money than I ever will and I think I got all the therapy she needs.

• Love 6

I am feeling like Lu and Tins and Dorinda and Carole and Sonja had dangly bright earrings, I wonder if they were all Carole gifts...... not so much on Bethenny and Ro. 

Bethenny did have on red drop earrings In the TH with the red dress during the joker mustache montage. 

Also, Bethenny never got so happy on the trip as to when she got to laugh at the lipstick on Dorinda . 

WAIT was that big bowl on the table a bowl! Dorinda was using it for an ashtray . Gross. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I've been watching this episode while waiting for tonight's boat ride from hell.

I don't know why I didn't say this earlier but.....

.......Carole STFU!

Dumb stuff that comes out of Carole's mouth:  She left the table to have a smoke with Dorinda and says about Bethenny:  "I just don't want toxic in my life", as she sucks carcinogenic nitrosamines into her lungs.  

Maybe the cigarettes were the pink, non-cancer causing variety. ? What a dum dum.

• Love 6
On 7/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I wish I could do the same. There used to be one close by but now the only left is in the city.

Heh - try living in Honolulu, where the nearest one is on a completely different island! Life is hard... 

• Love 4
On 7/25/2018 at 6:52 PM, Gem 10 said:

OMG  Tinsley.  Can she do anything for herself?  Her Glam Squard every minute of the day, putting on makeup, dressing her, putting jewelry on her.  What’s to happen when she has a baby like Ramona said.  Unbelievable.  I blame her Mother.  Is there anything of substance that she can do by herself?

I would have a Glam Squad, too, if I had the means. Unlike other spoiled rich girls, she seems like a sweet and self-aware one so I have no problem w/ her being a Princess.

When Ramona rightfully calls you crazy...Dorinda, you have an alcohol problem. Bethenny saying, "I understand more than you know" and trying to mediate was coming from an honest place with regards to her alcoholic mother I think. 

This was refreshingly full of real drama, unpleasant but real.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

That said, and while you'd think a good friend would keep her mouth shut, she didn't say anything to Luann that wasn't accurate.

Just because it's true, doesn't mean that it's the right thing to say.  I thought it was really cruel, especially when she told Lu to start drinking and get another felony.  That's some nastiness right there.  It can't be easy to watch everyone else drink and try to stay sober, no  matter what Lu says.  I don't have alcohol issues and I would find that challenging.  I think Lu was really hurt because she considered Dorinda a real friend and then she just sabotaged and eviscerated her.  There would be no way to come back from that for me.  

19 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes, I'm no Beth fan, but that really clicked for me, as someone who had to do things like that growing up.  You could tell she'd been there and done that.  It is sad.  I wonder what horror stories poor Hannah has.  I can't imagine dealing with nasty Dorinda on a regular basis.  You can see John knows his way around a nasty, drunk Dorinda, too.  She's lucky he's around to protect her and run interference.  If he and others weren't, I believe she would have had a mug shot a long time ago. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth draping her scantily-clad upper body and bare arms over open bags of ice. Then brushing her hair in a commercial kitchen. As a cook/chef, she should be familiar with basic food safety requirements and policies. 

C''mon now, she was in crisis and hysterically crying.  Health Dept. be damned!

• Love 2

What I wonder about that moment is whether Bethenny specifically opened the freezer for her continued hysterics, or whether the kitchen staff had the walk-in open because they were, you know, doing work, and Bethenny decided that she would impede their work momentarily.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

What I wonder about that moment is whether Bethenny specifically opened the freezer for her continued hysterics, or whether the kitchen staff had the walk-in open because they were, you know, doing work, and Bethenny decided that she would impede their work momentarily.

Calculated emotion; so at the ready when Bethenny isn't the center of attention! It's more than a little pathetic; a real child there emotionally! ;-(

• Love 5