Type keyword(s) to search

Trial & Error - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 6/22/2018 at 5:33 AM, TaraS1 said:

So happy we finally have a date for season two, but Kristin Chenoweth?  Ugh. 

I don't mind her too much, but she is great for this show.

That preview looks like it's going to be as good as the first season!  Welcome back, Peckerheads!

• Love 3
On 6/22/2018 at 5:48 PM, Annber03 said:

Oh, my god, that trailer is awesome :D. I'm even more excited now.  This'll be fun. 

Me2! Me2! Me2!  Im literally jumping with glee!

• Love 3
(edited)

Dwayne was right about a bird being the culprit in the last case, so until they solve this I'm with him about vampires.

This case kind of reminds me of the last case from Ace Attorney 2. I won't spoil it, if you plan on playing the game, but I'm excited to see what they do with the story.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4
On 6/29/2018 at 1:23 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

Dwayne was right about a bird being the culprit in the last case, so until they solve this I'm with him about vampires.

Agreed! Vampire it is!

• Love 3
On 6/29/2018 at 2:23 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

This case kind of reminds me of the last case from Ace Attorney 2. I won't spoil it, if you plan on playing the game, but I'm excited to see what they do with the story.

Game?  What iz deez game you speak of?  J/K my bad accent.  What game?

• Love 1
(edited)

Doing a rewatch of Season 1 in preparation for season 2. God I love this show so much I hope season 2 can be as awesomesauce!

eta: I didn’t think there would be much of a crossover this and my trash tv habit but I had forgotten about Anne getting “backward cheerleader syndrome” from a flu shot and one of the dimwits on this season of Southern Charm refused to get a flu shot to visit his friends newborn baby and it was because he thought the cheerleader walking backwards thing was real.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

Game?  What iz deez game you speak of?  J/K my bad accent.  What game?

The full title is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Justice for All. Originally it was available on the Nintendo DS, but I think it's available on phones now too. You play as a lawyer in the game and have to defend people.

The last case in the game involves a celebrity named Matt Engarde, who you are defending.

Spoiler

In the game, Matt Engarde is guilty but since he's famous and has a lot of money, he has a hired hitman who is working for him. If you defend him, then you're letting someone guilty be free. But if you allow him to be guilty, then your friend dies since she's being held hostage. Working with the Prosecutor, who is a childhood friend of yours, you end up getting Matt to admit to being guilty and getting your hostage friend freed.

So I'm suspecting that in Trial & Error, our blonde bombshell is actually guilty. But because of her status and notoriety, the gang have to defend her but at the same time they want her to be guilty as well and will have to work with Carol Anne to make that happen in a way that doesn't create any kind of backlash or ill will towards Josh and his firm.

I could be wrong though. She could very well be a vampire.

As for the game series, it's amazing. If anyone is into gaming and being a lawyer (You get to yell out Objection and Hold It) then you'll enjoy the game.

• Love 1

I was already a little bummed to hear that Lithgow wouldn't be in the second season. And now the case revolves around this Chenowith character who seems designed specifically to annoy me. I'll give it a couple episodes, but I'm not excited for this season.

• Love 1
On 7/5/2018 at 11:34 AM, April Bloodgate said:

I was already a little bummed to hear that Lithgow wouldn't be in the second season. And now the case revolves around this Chenowith character who seems designed specifically to annoy me. I'll give it a couple episodes, but I'm not excited for this season.

Well, @April Bloodgate, try to keep an open mind, give it a few eps and evaluate.  Maybe she will surprise you.  Didnt i read somewhere that Lithgows daughter was still on the show?  As long as she is, one can hope for a few cameos from PaPa hah.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Tammee said:

Well, @April Bloodgate, try to keep an open mind, give it a few eps and evaluate.  Maybe she will surprise you.  Didnt i read somewhere that Lithgows daughter was still on the show?  As long as she is, one can hope for a few cameos from PaPa hah.

One of the articles said that she wasn’t a regular at the very least. I don’t think I saw her in the trailer.

i loved Lithgow and hate Chenowith but will watch and am glad they didn’t try to force a second season with Lithgow as a client.

• Love 1

Just binge watched the entire first season today. While not as hilarious this time around (mostly because I knew the jokes), it's still a lot of fun. I'm so looking forward to the start of the new season. 

My DVR picked it up, thank goodness.

I too binged the first season about a month or so ago. I found it just as enjoyable as the first time around . . . even though I distinctly remember watching every episode twice the first time around. I'm a little peeved that NBC has buried this show in a summer run but I'll take what I can get. I'm so looking forward to seeing the old gang again! I wonder how (or if) they will explain the absence of Larry. I mean, even if he's not the defendant in this go-round he became pretty close friends with Josh. Although IMDB is telling me that Summer isn't going to be in the second season either.  

• Love 5

OMG those trailers look great, I'm so excited. I've only seen one brief promo spot on NBC and didn't know what to make of it. They do a much better job promoting the show in the trailers.

So happy we finally have a date for season two, but Kristin Chenoweth?  Ugh.  The AV Club called her a "big personality delivery vehicle," which I think is about as apt a description as I've ever heard.  She's just too much.  Which should work well on this show, but still....

You know, I kind of always felt the same way about John Lithgow - depending on what he's in. Sometimes he just makes me cringe but he was hilarious in T&E. 

Chenowith can be a lot to take but like with Lithgow it depends on what she's doing. I don't know if you ever watched Pushing Daisies but she was excellent in that. 

• Love 5
On 2018-07-07 at 11:49 AM, biakbiak said:

i loved Lithgow and hate Chenowith but will watch and am glad they didn’t try to force a second season with Lithgow as a client.

I have the same preferences. Gave it an episode and a half, but since it just seems like more of the same, I don't think there's enough to hold me.

I stumbled upon this show tonight.  Had zero intel on it and was expecting a procedural like Law & Order.  Talk about a surprise as it kept unfolding.  OMG hilarious and jammed full of funny.  I’ll go back and binge from the beginning.  How did I miss this?  John Lithgow!!

• Love 7

I like Chenoweth in here, too. This kind of role is perfect for her. 

I love Dwayne's insistence that Lavinia is a vampire, LOL. And I especially love his little history lessons about the town :D. 

Sounds like quite the twisty case setting up here. I like the whole thing with the different time zones, and the masks and the different types of water. I'm also interested to see if and how Lavinia's tragic past will continue to work its way into this whole story. This sounds like a good one that'll keep me guessing.

(Also, LMAO at Larry having written a book called "If I Did It". Of course he did.)

And on a totally shallow note, Josh is adorable and looks good in suits. That is all. 

• Love 8

There’s so many jokes to catch on this show. Did anyone else see the marquee on the theater? They were showing Nightmare on Elm Street, but on the left side it said “Yes, we know about the hole in the screen.” The right side of the marquee listed a Tanktop night “flex at the plex”. Lol

• Love 10

Never change, East Peck.

Lady Driver. Lady Driver.

East Peck Singleplex: Yes we know about the hole in the screen

Peckers.

I love this show so much. Everyone is hilarious and the stuff going on in the background really makes it. Also, I'm not ruling out vampire just yet.

• Love 10

Kristen Chenoweth's "over-the-topness" works in this instance, but her face is downright scary. Please stop with the plastic surgery already.

I don't know if it was me and my hearing, or the speed of the dialogue, but I had to watch with the captions on and rewind scenes several times to catch what they were saying. 

I think it's funny how Lavinia refers to people by their profession, the same way Karen does on "Will and Grace." I must admit I laughed when Lavinia told the story of her father's suicide. What's her body count already? Father suicide, brother murdered, mother died two weeks later, husband murdered. And a dead cat.

Are they "sexing" Josh up a little too much, given his nerdiness? He's developing a crush on Lavinia (and she seems to be coming on to him), and his still sleeping with Carol Anne...a very pregnant Carol Anne. 

I'm loving Dwayne's "East Peck History Lessons," and that East Peck is west of North Peck and in a different time zone (obviously not one of the official time zones). Not so sure on Anne's latest batch of conditions. The smoking one was used too often, and the jumping was just kind of stupid.

So, if I got this straight -- this show is already a "documentary" on a murder trial, which just also became the subject of a podcast? And the podcast host is also getting filmed as part of this documentary?

• Love 4
(edited)
On 19/07/2018 at 8:13 PM, Angeleyes said:

There’s so many jokes to catch on this show. Did anyone else see the marquee on the theater? They were showing Nightmare on Elm Street, but on the left side it said “Yes, we know about the hole in the screen.” The right side of the marquee listed a Tanktop night “flex at the plex”. Lol

That is what I love about this show the most - so many things that can be missed if you aren't playing attention. I also loved the "Smoking" sign over the booth behind the podcast lady, and the "No Smoking" sign over the booth behind Josh.  And I loved that everyone was wearing the scarfs that Lavinia handed out, including the judge and Carol Anne. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6
(edited)

According to Google:

The Jumping Frenchmen of Maine were a group of 19th-century lumberjacks who exhibited a rare disorder of unknown origin. The syndrome entails an exaggerated startle reflex which may be described as an uncontrollable "jump"; individuals with this condition can exhibit sudden movements in all parts of the body.

I should know by now not to assume that they're making up a condition for Anne.

Edit: I also loved Carol Anne using her pregnancy during court. And the women drivers. I'm glad that the women of East Peck were able to overcome their cycle and learn how to drive.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 6

So, so happy to have our little show back!!  I'm still very iffy on Chenoweth - there were moments where I thought her schtick worked and moments it didn't - but everything else was perfect.  I almost had a pee-your-pants moment when Anne screamed, "Get your black ass up, it's time to go home!" to Dwayne.

• Love 7

Can someone anyone smarter than me start a new thread with these comments plus the comments from the other topic "anticipat ion" so we can have season 2 together? Thank ya kindly

• Love 1

I want to know if you watch with closed captioning, do they tell you what the judge is saying? I remember last season with the morgue guy, the captioning just read “unintelligible.” You can tell he’s really saying  something though. I caught “I got you covered” when he paid Lavinia’s bail.

OMG so glad this show is back. Go Peckers!

• Love 4

Was there somebody running in front of Lavinia's car waving a flag when she got pulling over at the start of the show? If not, I wonder why?

I thought Lavinia's recreation of her performance at the Gala was pretty funny.

"What about your little cocky?"

Anne Flatch having lots of different rare ailments is more annoying than funny.

• Love 5

So, I watched this show for the first time this week, and had so much trouble getting into it. I thought it was a pilot, and it wasn't until I read here that I realized it was a season 2 premier.  I went ahead and binged watched the first season and realized what an awesome show this is. So now I'm re-watching the episodes and already enjoy it so much more. Can't believe I missed this show the first time around.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Was there somebody running in front of Lavinia's car waving a flag when she got pulling over at the start of the show? If not, I wonder why?

The law is the only for the business district??   Or more likely a one off joke. 

• Love 2

I was so excited this show was back, but for some reason these episodes didn't work for me.  I'm not a huge Chenowith fan to start with but she really annoyed me here in a way JL didn't last season.

I also don't like the stuff with the judge.  It will be annoying if we have to hear him talking like this all season.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I was so excited this show was back, but for some reason these episodes didn't work for me.  I'm not a huge Chenowith fan to start with but she really annoyed me here in a way JL didn't last season.

I also don't like the stuff with the judge.  It will be annoying if we have to hear him talking like this all season.

His name was the only funny part.   Last years judge was funny and no nonsense.

• Love 5
On 7/20/2018 at 1:55 PM, iMonrey said:

I want to know if you watch with closed captioning, do they tell you what the judge is saying? I remember last season with the morgue guy, the captioning just read “unintelligible.”

I tried and yea it just said 'unintelligible.'

• Love 1
On 7/20/2018 at 10:01 AM, Writing Wrongs said:

From reading here, there was a first season?

There was--a bit of a ripoff on The Staircase with John Lithgow as the accused.

Does anyone know if this season is paying homage to a real life true crime/true crime documentary?

On 7/20/2018 at 12:55 PM, iMonrey said:

I want to know if you watch with closed captioning, do they tell you what the judge is saying?

The joke would be lost if they close captioned the judge so they don't.  And while it worked in small doses here--like how the judge volunteered to put up the bail money--it they focus too much on it, it will drag out.

But otherwise, I loved the premiere.  And I love that, just like last year, they pretty much air two episodes back-to-back. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

There was--a bit of a ripoff on The Staircase with John Lithgow as the accused.

Does anyone know if this season is paying homage to a real life true crime/true crime documentary?

The joke would be lost if they close captioned the judge so they don't.  And while it worked in small doses here--like how the judge volunteered to put up the bail money--it they focus too much on it, it will drag out.

But otherwise, I loved the premiere.  And I love that, just like last year, they pretty much air two episodes back-to-back. 

Yep. Thus far it seems to be The Jinx.

• Love 5
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh I watched that.  I didn't think of it because of the gender swap.

It only occurred to me with the grocery story shop lifting at the end. Durst’s story is so out there it almost defies parody. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5