Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Hannah, Hannah, Sandy?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t think Brooke and Adam handled the dinner service well. They ignored the wants and needs if the other charter guests to suck up to the primary, that is shitty service. There is no reason that there couldn’t have been a quick app on the table when they realized how long they had been waiting. Or ask the guests if they wanted to be served. I get the primary wasn’t there but the service was still complete shit.

Also, Adam I have been making that a similar fig dish since I was 12.

Also, dinner service without Hannah had more people working it than usual because Sandy helped and made Colin get out of bed which isn’t normal.

Also, Sandy you are the captain you could most definitely confine Jaime to quarters or better yet have her stay in in port.

The primary is obviously important, but they always act like the primary doesn't care if their friends are having a good time. Even if Adam made the best steak and twice baked potato (ha!), wouldn't the primary be more inclined to give you a shitty tip if he hears that his good friends were sitting there getting hangry for 2 hours. Make a quick ceviche.

• Love 14

Ok I just caught parts of this because my DVR was on Bravo after recording MDL NY.

First of all, are these real charter customers?  Must take serious money to charter a yacht that big in the Mediterranean for several days.

Why would people of such means consent to appear on a TV show?  Unless they’re not real clients, they’re actors or realty TV wannabes?

They often have to do several takes, with intrusive lighting and crew in their faces.  So no way they would pay for that unless Bravo is throwing them big money.

of course the ship’s crew is also busy being filmed in their quarters.  So they’re not taking care of the guests in that case.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, scrb said:

Ok I just caught parts of this because my DVR was on Bravo after recording MDL NY.

First of all, are these real charter customers?  Must take serious money to charter a yacht that big in the Mediterranean for several days.

Why would people of such means consent to appear on a TV show?  Unless they’re not real clients, they’re actors or realty TV wannabes?

They often have to do several takes, with intrusive lighting and crew in their faces.  So no way they would pay for that unless Bravo is throwing them big money.

of course the ship’s crew is also busy being filmed in their quarters.  So they’re not taking care of the guests in that case.

They are "real" clients, but they get a 50% dscount.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

They are "real" clients, but they get a 50% dscount.

Also important is that most yacht charters want you to book at least a week. This show lets the clients charter the yacht for 1, 2, or 3 days. If it normally costs between $100,000 - $200,000 to charter a the yachts for a week, it's now $50,000 - $100,000 with the discount. And then basically about $15,000/day for the charters we see on the show.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Are we sure elbow coughing is all the rage in other countries?  She's not from the US.  She's from South Africa.  I'm not sure they had the PR push for elbow coughing there.

Nothing specific to SA, but it would appear to be a global initiative.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1568919/Sneezing-into-sleeve-stops-germs-spreading.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/few-cough-sneeze-in-sleeve-n-z-study-1.869458

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/cough-sneeze-in-your-elbow-not-handkerchief-to-stay-healthy.html

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2

Chickabiddy - that's exactly what I came here to say.  The guests specifically requested "Ice" and Brooke to accompany them on the outing.  Once again, Hannah lied directly to the captain's face and said the primary was "really pushing" for her to go with them.  The captain said that since it was a guest request that she could go for a "one coke" outing, yet she remained out for hours and hours.  If it was as Hannah said in her tweet a "communication misunderstanding" and that she only did it to give her stews a break, why didn't she just say that to the Captain.  What is wrong with saying "Hey I want to give my stews a break since they worked so hard covering for me yesterday so I'm going to take these guests off charter for several hours".  That way Sandy could have said yay or nay, but no she just continues to lie, lie, lie. 

I think part of Sandy's anger was the fact that she continually feels that Hannah takes advantage of her.  Sandy was very understanding during Hannah's anxiety attack, even pitching in at service and doing dishes to cover for her, then the very next day she defies her direct order to go for "one coke" and enjoys herself for hours off boat.   I think someone said Captain Lee tweeted that the guest's wishes come first, however the guest's wishes were completely ignored as they asked for Joao and Brooke to accompany them in the first place...how about that for ignoring the guests's request?   

• Love 18

I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate here...  What if the guests requested Brooke because they knew that Hannah had been under the weather the previous day?  They didn’t want to request Hannah if she wasn’t up to it?  She has a history with the Novotny clan and an established relationship with them.  They didn’t seem to call her out on social media saying that they didn’t really want her so I’m wondering if there is some producer shenanigans going on. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate here...  What if the guests requested Brooke because they knew that Hannah had been under the weather the previous day?  They didn’t want to request Hannah if she wasn’t up to it?  She has a history with the Novotny clan and an established relationship with them.  They didn’t seem to call her out on social media saying that they didn’t really want her so I’m wondering if there is some producer shenanigans going on. 

Ok, but why wouldn’t that have come out in conversation along the lines of “Oh, Hannah, are you sure you are feeling up to coming  along? We were afraid to ask directly because we know you were unwell yesterday, but that’s great. We wanted you all along.”

The guests also didn’t rush to her defense on social media either.

So rather than producer manipulation, I’m sticking with Occam’ razor on this one.

The guests asked for Brooke and Hannah jumped in and took her place. The guests didn’t care that much, so they just went with it.

Similarly, they still don’t care that much or are too busy to comment on social media.

• Love 5

I was only half paying attention by the end of this episode but did we actually see Brooke and Kacy getting an extended break while Hannah was with the guests or were they just back on the yacht doing laundry and cleaning cabins which is what we normally see when the guests go on excursions? 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The primary is obviously important, but they always act like the primary doesn't care if their friends are having a good time. Even if Adam made the best steak and twice baked potato (ha!), wouldn't the primary be more inclined to give you a shitty tip if he hears that his good friends were sitting there getting hangry for 2 hours. Make a quick ceviche.

I don’t understand this either. It also happened last year- they held dinner for a guest (and the primary was at the table).  Why can’t they serve SOMETHING to those who are there? And we’ve seen it at some breakfast services. I remember Hannah last year saying to Adam, “ok, the primary is up, let’s start breakfast.” I just don’t get it. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Taralightner said:

First: anxiety is a real illness that needs to be treated. Panic attacks are legit medical emergencies. Instead of Sandy telling Hannah to “give love a chance,” and to rest, she should have sent her to a doctor. There is a true need for education with mental illness. Plus, IF Hannah was faking, a doc/nurse could have figured that out and redirected Hannah. 

Regardless of her medical issue... Hannah lost me tonight. The final straw fell and I’m disappointed. I’ve always said she’s not a good manager, now I think she needs to be fired. Here’s why:

1. It was Hannah’s idea to set up that boat trip- she called it a boat bar at first. I think she pictured Conrad, her, a sunset cruise- Charter guests as something she has to “deal with” through HER cruise. Terrible customer service to ignore the guest request for both douchewow and Brooke to go with them. Terrible management skills for her not to give the light duty to Brooke after Brooke ran the interior for 24 hours. 

2.  She’s clueless and insubordinate to stay away for all that time. If you are listening to your boss, you go, have A coke then get the person driving the boat (it wasn’t Conrad) to take you back to the boat while the guests enjoy the bar. She’s also a terrible manager to try to regain her “favorite status” of the primary. She should be proud of Brooke and compliment her, thank her, and encourage her- that’s what makes the team stronger. 

3. She continually gossips to other crew members about her own team. WTF! Management 101 failed. Now she’s once again pitting her 2nd and 3rd stew against each other. She did it to Casey with the resume stuff, now doing it to Brooke with the douchewow thing. 

4. The entire interior (including Adam) and exterior (including Conrad) were so much better while she was away. She’s toxic/ the cancer. Cut it out. 

I’ve defended her in the past... she changed my mind tonight. 

On another topic- I watched WWHL tonight. Doucewow wasn’t contrite, didn’t say that he’s embarrassed... he’s just a douche. 

Thanks for hanging in for this very long post... if you’re still here. 

I was coming here to post pretty much exactly this.  WELL said.

• Love 5

As an aside, if this show follows formula then we can expect to see some cast return and others be replaced next season. Most likely, Hannah, Adam, and Sandy return while everyone else is replaced. I really hope they don't keep those three because I don't want another season of the three of them arguing. Captain Lee has his own issues, but at least he comes across as an authority figure with some discipline and structure to how he runs his ship. I don't know if I can take another season of Sandy being melodramatic and micromanaging the crew. Either get rid of Hannah or get rid of Sandy. I wouldn't mind losing Adam, either, but he'll probably stay on for continuity. He's definitely no Ben, though. 

• Love 5

Oh, Hannah.  What has happened to you?

Coming out of her anxiety attack, her main worry is Brooke and Joaou (or however you spell his name).   Gets away from the ship, but goes with Conrad whose relationship with her is supposedly the source of the anxiety attack.  No, it's her lack of control over her co-workers that's the source of her anxiety.    

Sandy's right.  The work ran better without Hannah, even though that left them short handed.  She's also right (although ham handed) in her comments to Conrad.  He did great when he was following his boss' direction.   Things went awry when he, as he put it, tried to please both Sandy and Hannah.  Sandy is his boss.  She's the one Conrad should be listening to.

If Joaou and Hannah left the boat immediately, the work and atmosphere would improve.

In past seasons, Hannah had her act together most of the time regarding service but was a gossipy mean girl hot mess when they were out socializing.   This season, it's like she got off on the wrong foot with the challenges in the first day and has never regained her footing.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Taralightner said:

First: anxiety is a real illness that needs to be treated. Panic attacks are legit medical emergencies. Instead of Sandy telling Hannah to “give love a chance,” and to rest, she should have sent her to a doctor. There is a true need for education with mental illness. Plus, IF Hannah was faking, a doc/nurse could have figured that out and redirected Hannah. 

Regardless of her medical issue... Hannah lost me tonight. The final straw fell and I’m disappointed. I’ve always said she’s not a good manager, now I think she needs to be fired. Here’s why:

1. It was Hannah’s idea to set up that boat trip- she called it a boat bar at first. I think she pictured Conrad, her, a sunset cruise- Charter guests as something she has to “deal with” through HER cruise. Terrible customer service to ignore the guest request for both douchewow and Brooke to go with them. Terrible management skills for her not to give the light duty to Brooke after Brooke ran the interior for 24 hours. 

2.  She’s clueless and insubordinate to stay away for all that time. If you are listening to your boss, you go, have A coke then get the person driving the boat (it wasn’t Conrad) to take you back to the boat while the guests enjoy the bar. She’s also a terrible manager to try to regain her “favorite status” of the primary. She should be proud of Brooke and compliment her, thank her, and encourage her- that’s what makes the team stronger. 

3. She continually gossips to other crew members about her own team. WTF! Management 101 failed. Now she’s once again pitting her 2nd and 3rd stew against each other. She did it to Casey with the resume stuff, now doing it to Brooke with the douchewow thing. 

4. The entire interior (including Adam) and exterior (including Conrad) were so much better while she was away. She’s toxic/ the cancer. Cut it out. 

I’ve defended her in the past... she changed my mind tonight. 

On another topic- I watched WWHL tonight. Doucewow wasn’t contrite, didn’t say that he’s embarrassed... he’s just a douche. 

Thanks for hanging in for this very long post... if you’re still here. 

Can't disagree with most of this (and my cable cut out at the end so I missed the boat tour "drama"). 

I will argue against everything being "better" while she was away. Maybe it was, or maybe it was just edited that way. The guests were still late to dinner and Adam had to wait, but this time he didn't bitch about it or blame Brooke, he just chalked it up to yachting life. And maybe things would have gone smoother on earlier charters if Captain Sandy had helped out like she did on this charter? They were a person down when Kasey was sick, but everything was still Hannah's fault if something went wrong. I don't think Hannah is a great chief stew, and you're right about the management and gossip issues. I just think Sandy and Adam have decided to blame Hannah for EVERYTHING that goes wrong and that's how the show is being edited. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

The guests wanted Brooke and Jwow to go with them, but Hannah invited herself and Conradon the trip, while at the same time telling Sandy that the guests were pushing for her to go along with them. Sandy relented based on her understanding that it was a guest request - but was clear it should be a one coke  trip and not last hours and hours. 

Had the guests really wanted Hannah that badly, she could have explained she could come along for one drink, but needed to be back soon  per Captain’s orders. Conrad could have run her back while they were at the bar. She chose to have a smoke break with Conrad while the guests were hanging on their own and ignored Sandy’s order. Later, she couldn’t really ask the guests to interrupt their outing and drop her back to the boat  because they didn’t really want her in the first place.

Had they really begged for her presence on their outing, it would have been easier for her ask them to accommodate her need to make an exit.

Sandy has every right to be pissed that Hannah ignored a direct order, especially after Sandy had been very accommodating and understanding. Doing this  only makes Sandy feel like Hannah is taking advantage of her, which she is. I will say that Sandy did not handle things well once Hannah got back, but that does not negate the fact that Hannah disregarded a direct order. Captain Lee would have been pissed  as hell had that happened on his boat.

Hannah didn’t even bother to check in and say, “Sorry, we’ve been gone longer, but the guests wanted to have an impromptu sightseeing tour.”

Hannah is getting so sloppy that she can’t be bothered to cover her tracks or even pretend to be concerned about disobeying a direct order, or informing her captain/crew about a schedule change.

Again, this shit storm could have been avoided if Hannah had complied with the guest request to have Brooke go along, and then her life on ship would have been easier as well without the guests around to cater to. 

Well said.  Hannah was scamming some time on shore for her to be away from Brooke and Jwow and some good solid complaining time with Conrad.    Hannah from previous seasons wouldn't have done that.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Can't disagree with most of this (and my cable cut out at the end so I missed the boat tour "drama"). 

I will argue against everything being "better" while she was away. Maybe it was, or maybe it was just edited that way. The guests were still late to dinner and Adam had to wait, but this time he didn't bitch about it or blame Brooke, he just chalked it up to yachting life. And maybe things would have gone smoother on earlier charters if Captain Sandy had helped out like she did on this charter? They were a person down when Kasey was sick, but everything was still Hannah's fault if something went wrong. I don't think Hannah is a great chief stew, and you're right about the management and gossip issues. I just think Sandy and Adam have decided to blame Hannah for EVERYTHING that goes wrong and that's how the show is being edited. 

I agree that Hannah being blamed for guests not coming to dinner on time, and for guests changing their mind about what they want is/was BS. Adam blamed her last year for a ferry delay, causing his picnic lunch to sit for 45 mins. He doesn’t do “go with the flow” very well. (Ben doesn’t either.)

I think the difference last night was that Brooke was proactive (she knocked on the door of and called the primary when they were oversleeping).  Hannah hasn’t done this kind of “guest management,” or we haven’t seen it.  I think Adam wants Hannah to be more proactive. 

I also agree that Sandy has been over critical of Hannah’s every move this year. Maybe she’s hearing about her gossiping, or maybe she’s holding a grudge from last year.  With all that said, I think Hannah is spiraling and needs to rethink her career choice because she’s a wrecking ball this year. I used to defend her and saw her good side. As of last night, I’ve changed my mind. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Did anyone notice Adam's comments this episode? When Hannah is chief stew and the guests aren't on time it's her fault, but when she's not there it's just yachting and to be expected? I didn't see Brooke do anything different than Hannah in preparing Adam for the delay (he still had the food prepped and ready to go), he just didn't lose his shit when it was Brooke. 

I think the difference here was Brook was keeping Adam more in the loop than Hannah was in the other situation and even went so far as to knock on the primary's door.

46 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

And when Kasey is sick, it's Hannah's fault that a charter doesn't run smoothly, but when Hannah and Jamie are down suddenly Captain Sandy doesn't mind pitching in and helping out? Seriously? Maybe if Hannah got the same support that everyone else got she wouldn't have lost it. I'm not a fan of Hannah's behavior, but it is apparent that Adam and Sandy have just been piling on her all season, and it's dumb to think that wouldn't have an effect. 

When Kasey was sick Jamie helped out, she had stew experience so Hannah's crew was at least at full strength, if not better off with Jamie over the inexperience Kasey. This time out Jamie was not available to help so you are down to just 2 stews one of which barely hangs on to the Job. So one situation is chief stew, regular stew, and a replacement with experience and the other situation is regular stew and substandard stew. The situations were completely different so I understand why Sandy felt the need to help and wake up Colin in the last episode and not the previous and don't see it as Sandy not supporting Hannah.

Up until the meltdown at the end Sandy has been more than supportive to Hannah over the last two episodes and I think that is why she had the meltdown at the end, she has been supportive with the anxiety and as soon as Hannah is back she disobeys an order of just one coke. I can only guess what Sandy thinks now, knowing that the primary actually asked for Brooke and Hannah's comments to Conrad about how she handles Sandy.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

The guests also didn’t rush to her defense on social media either.

Similarly, they still don’t care that much or are too busy to comment on social media.

Ah, but they did.

• Love 9

They also showed Hannah cuddled under a blanket sitting next to the Primary’s wife. Yeah, she was pouring vodka, but what happened to the no fraternizing with the guests rule? Hannah was so mad at Danny for doing it, but it’s ok for her?

I do see Sandy being overly critical of stuff outside of Hannah’s control... Adam too. So yes, there is a ton of pressure on her, but that doesn’t excuse her divisive behavior with the crew; nor does it excuse her lying to the captain. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, snarts said:

The guests were all on the dingy, completely entertained & happy, why is Captain Sandy pissed at Hannah?  Why wasn't she upset with Conrad? I can her being upset if they took off alone shirking responsibilities but that's not what happened. What was Hannah supposed to tell the guests, "no you can't see the sunset, we have get back?"  Plus, having two crew members take the entire guest party off the boat is fantastic. Every season someone mentions how great it is for the crew when the guests are off exploring.

Then, when Hannah gets back, instead of Sandy telling her why she's upset, she in effect sends her to her room to wait? How does that help the rest of the crew with the workload? 

In past seasons, the tender has taken staff back and forth between the boat and shore while the guests enjoy their event.   Hannah could have come back since the guests were at a bar.  Conrad could have handled it on his own.   Hannah could have been working with her staff, ordering supplies, and so forth...rather than sitting around with Conrad whining.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, terrymct said:

In past seasons, the tender has taken staff back and forth between the boat and shore while the guests enjoy their event.   Hannah could have come back since the guests were at a bar.  Conrad could have handled it on his own.   Hannah could have been working with her staff, ordering supplies, and so forth...rather than sitting around with Conrad whining.

Watching both shows since episode one, all guest excursions have included at least one stew and one crew. Conrad can't both drive the tender and pour drinks. 

The reason Hannah & Conrad left the guests alone at the bar was to avoid the primary continually asking them to join in the festivities. Hannah said as much during the episode. The majority of the time was spent in the tender on the sunset tour. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, snarts said:

Watching both shows since episode one, all guest excursions have included at least one stew and one crew. Conrad can't both drive the tender and pour drinks. 

The reason Hannah & Conrad left the guests alone at the bar was to avoid the primary continually asking them to join in the festivities. Hannah said as much during the episode. The majority of the time was spent in the tender on the sunset tour. 

Hannah knew what the Captain wanted and could have easily made it happen, but she didn't.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

I think the difference here was Brook was keeping Adam more in the loop than Hannah was in the other situation and even went so far as to knock on the primary's door.

When Kasey was sick Jamie helped out, she had stew experience so Hannah's crew was at least at full strength, if not better off with Jamie over the inexperience Kasey. This time out Jamie was not available to help so you are down to just 2 stews one of which barely hangs on to the Job. So one situation is chief stew, regular stew, and a replacement with experience and the other situation is regular stew and substandard stew. The situations were completely different so I understand why Sandy felt the need to help and wake up Colin in the last episode and not the previous and don't see it as Sandy not supporting Hannah.

Up until the meltdown at the end Sandy has been more than supportive to Hannah over the last two episodes and I think that is why she had the meltdown at the end, she has been supportive with the anxiety and as soon as Hannah is back she disobeys an order of just one coke. I can only guess what Sandy thinks now, knowing that the primary actually asked for Brooke and Hannah's comments to Conrad about how she handles Sandy.

I haven't rewatched, but I think we only see Brooke inform Adam that the primaries haven't arrived around 10pm, after dinner was scheduled for 9:30. And I'm not sure I'd call "knocking on a door" being all that proactive. At least, not enough that Adam should be tearing down Hannah and calling Brooke the best ever. Again, I think it's editing and Adam wanting his beef with Hannah to be his story for this season. 

I agree that it's not the same situation, my point was more that maybe if Sandy had pitched in on those earlier charters like she did on this one, things would have gone smoothly, too. Remember, this is the same Captain Sandy who ripped her crew after a charter because HER toast didn't arrive in a timely fashion. There's plenty to not like about Hannah this season, but I think it's obvious Sandy and Adam came in with their sights set on blaming her for everything. I'd actually like to see Hannah move on from this (I doubt she will because she enjoys the fame), because I'd like to see charters go to hell where Adam and Sandy can't blame Hannah. (IMO the biggest EF up in franchise history was last season when Captain Sandy anchored in a windy area overnight and didn't put down a third anchor to stabilize the boat. The two anchors twisted with the boat causing the guests to be delayed hours getting back. We haven't seen anything as stupid as that.)

• Love 11

Totally on Sandy's side on this one.  Where Hannah went wrong was to tell Sandy she'd sit with the guests for 20 min.  Sandy specifically said okay, so long as she was not gone for hours and hours.  Per the clock on the screen, Hannah was gone for 4 hours.  Not cool.  I think we know that Sandy won't fire her but I hope at least it's reflected in the tip.  Hannah should not get an equal portion, considering that for 2 days, she's done next to nothing.  She can say she was serving the guests drinks; big whoop.  You pour them some alcohol into a glass and then you sit down and drink with them. Hardly work.   Especially when the camera flashes to Brooke and Kasey doing laundry, dishes, cleaning staterooms, etc.  

And not cool when the guests requested Brooke and Brooke and Kasey appeared have to put in a very, very long day the day before.  Hannah can claim she was trying to give Brooke and Kasey a rest with the guests off the boat but Brooke could have gone with them, or Kasey, and Hannah could have been doing the clean up, etc.  She's just making excuses.

I don't understand why Hannah cares who Brooke flirts and cozies up to.  So long as it's not affecting her job, it shouldn't matter.  HANNAH.  Because her little thing with Conrad is clearly affecting her job performance and Conrad's. 

Speaking of Conrad, he really was a douche to Joao.  Joao can be a dick but if he's offering up a suggestion in a polite way (and one that actually makes sense), you don't need to tell him to shut his mouth.  That's beyond rude and most certainly not a trait of a good leader.  And despite Joao's dickiness, I will say that he appears to be a hard worker.

I get that Jamie was going stir crazy but she probably still should have kept clear of the other crew members and especially the charter guests.  Did I see her serving something to one of them?  I get she's on antibiotics but she could still be contagious.  Let her work when others aren't around.  

Add me to the people who don't understand why the waiting and hungry charter guests couldn't have gone ahead and started their dinner ahead of Mr. Onion and his wife.  I'd be freaking pissed if I had to sit around and wait for them for over an hour when dinner was scheduled late as is.

I'm glad that Adam appears to be upping his game.  

The scenery is unbelievably gorgeous. 

• Love 15

Also wanted to say that when Conrad got the message from Sandy to return immediately and have Hannah report to her ASAP, I saw the look on Hannah's face.  She knew she was in deep shit and she knew exactly why.

She lied to Sandy last season and I think Sandy sees it happening again.  Sandy may also wonder if Hannah's story of anxiety was also bullshit.  I'm not discounting anxiety but when Sandy said that Hannah just needed a day off, I had to chuckle because they've been at sea, what?  3 weeks?  And there have been days and evenings off in there.  So basically . . . give me a break.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I haven't rewatched, but I think we only see Brooke inform Adam that the primaries haven't arrived around 10pm, after dinner was scheduled for 9:30. And I'm not sure I'd call "knocking on a door" being all that proactive. At least, not enough that Adam should be tearing down Hannah and calling Brooke the best ever. Again, I think it's editing and Adam wanting his beef with Hannah to be his story for this season. 

I agree that it's not the same situation, my point was more that maybe if Sandy had pitched in on those earlier charters like she did on this one, things would have gone smoothly, too. Remember, this is the same Captain Sandy who ripped her crew after a charter because HER toast didn't arrive in a timely fashion. There's plenty to not like about Hannah this season, but I think it's obvious Sandy and Adam came in with their sights set on blaming her for everything. I'd actually like to see Hannah move on from this (I doubt she will because she enjoys the fame), because I'd like to see charters go to hell where Adam and Sandy can't blame Hannah. (IMO the biggest EF up in franchise history was last season when Captain Sandy anchored in a windy area overnight and didn't put down a third anchor to stabilize the boat. The two anchors twisted with the boat causing the guests to be delayed hours getting back. We haven't seen anything as stupid as that.)

To each their own, knocking on the door and letting the primary know how late he was seems to me to be the definition of proactive "acting in anticipation of future problems, needs, or changes" she should of done it sooner but she is just a plain old stew and i believe was afraid.

I believe when Sandy ripped the crew about the toast the stews were at full strength, and the Captain getting her own toast after asking for it in front of the guests (friends or not) does not look good in my opinion. While they do blame Hannah for a lot there is some truth to some of it. Customer satisfaction is on Hannah, she is who tends to their wishes (as unreasonable as they may be) so 90% of the time if the are unhappy it is her responsibility.

As for the anchor debacle, you see it one way and I another, while I am not a huge fan of Sandy I thing she is a skilled Captain.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Sandy has every right to be pissed that Hannah ignored a direct order, especially after Sandy had been very accommodating and understanding. Doing this  only makes Sandy feel like Hannah is taking advantage of her, which she is. I will say that Sandy did not handle things well once Hannah got back, but that does not negate the fact that Hannah disregarded a direct order. Captain Lee would have been pissed  as hell had that happened on his boat.

Hannah didn’t even bother to check in and say, “Sorry, we’ve been gone longer, but the guests wanted to have an impromptu sightseeing tour.”

Did she though? I'm confused so I watched the scene twice. Hannah clearly says she and Conrad are going to take the guests out on to "see the caves and whatnot" AND to the bar.  It seems that they went to the bar first and then the caves/sightseeing but they did exactly what Hannah said they were going to do.  It was fully planned and expressed to Sandy.  I'd understand Sandy being pissed if they stayed at the bar for 4 hours and Hannah did nothing but that's not what happened. Hannah also knows the area better than any of the deck crew or the stews so if it wasn't Sandy taking them out, why shouldn't it be Hannah? Something isn't adding up with the way this story is playing out. Kenny and Amber asked for it, they had a great time and were happy, it didn't seem like work didn't get done on the boat because they were gone, so what's the big deal exactly? There seems to be more to the story that we aren't getting. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Speaking of Conrad, he really was a douche to Joao.  Joao can be a dick but if he's offering up a suggestion in a polite way (and one that actually makes sense), you don't need to tell him to shut his mouth.  That's beyond rude and most certainly not a trait of a good leader.  And despite Joao's dickiness, I will say that he appears to be a hard worker.

I see this both ways. Conrad's initial response to Joao's suggestion was not nasty or mean. He said something like "thanks, I've got it sorted." He only snapped at Joao after he perpetuated the conversation. He's done this multiple times now after Conrad hasn't listened to his advice. I can see that Conrad should be more open to Joao's suggestions instead of just shutting them down but I can also understand, at this point, how he would think that Joao is constantly trying to undermine his authority. Joao is fully within his rights to make suggestions but so is Conrad to not take them. He's spoken to Joao professionally about undercutting him and I think he's just reached his limit by now. 

• Love 20

Sandy ordering Hannah (via Conrad) to report to the bridge and then when she did, shouting at her to leave, reminded me of old-school episodes of COPS.

Cop: "What's your name?"

Suspect: "It's..."

Cop: "SHUT UP!!!"

I think this season would be very interesting to hear candid, fourth wall breaking commentary on. I really do get the vibe that Sandy had an axe to grind with Hannah this season from the jump, and also that she (Sandy) wants to be the featured character on the show. I wonder if Sandy can fire Hannah and if that's why she's raging aloud so much about "I want to fire her!!!", or if that's her being performative in general. I don't recall that we've ever seen a first stew fired (not bosun either if I remember right, but I generally can't remember the deckhands from one year to the next), and it seems a toss-up if Sandy or Hannah is the main fixture of this show. 

Also yeah, I echo everyone else with how funny and convenient it is that when Hannah's not on dinner service and the guests are late, it's down to how great of a chef he is in planning ahead for a large delay rather than interior needing to manage the clients. Also, literally sitting on his ass and not bothering to throw even a cheese plate or some fruit at the waiting guests is not a good look.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I don’t understand this either. It also happened last year- they held dinner for a guest (and the primary was at the table).  Why can’t they serve SOMETHING to those who are there? And we’ve seen it at some breakfast services. I remember Hannah last year saying to Adam, “ok, the primary is up, let’s start breakfast.” I just don’t get it. 

Yeah, either yachting has some weird hierarchy disorder or the cast and crew of this little dinghy are a bit demented.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I almost thought that she wanted to prove Mr. NonOnion that she was not too old to be with Conrad - Clearly it was all about her and having time with him now that she wasn't smelling of barf breath and probably finally showered.  She should have stayed behind and gave Brooke and Jwow the trip as requested by the guests. She is just too selfish IMO 

• Love 8
(edited)

Humourless Hannah is a sneaky snake. Kenny specifically asked for Joao and Brooke to take them on the excursion, but Hannah went and took her little love muffin Conrad along. For some reason that really pissed me off especially after Brooke busted her azz the day before. Her actions are not that of a good person period. She is not trustworthy.

Why does Hannah care if Brooke likes Joao? It's not like their best friends. They are co-workers. Oh, and Brooke better sleep with one eye open from now on. Hannah is gonna be pissed about Brooke's comment that "Everything went more smoothly without Hannah." 

Kasey really has surprised me with her maturity, and work ethic. Talk about a complete turnaround. I actually admire that she doesn't  let Douchebag get between her and Brooke. It's tacky to fight over a dick. 

Colin is awesome. We need more Colin.

Apparently, Adam knows how to cook steak and potatoes. Whoo hooo!  He was acting so proud...like a little boy waiting for his gold star because he used the potty. Good job Adam, for not fucking up and using onions.  ?

I may not agree with helicopter Sandy's leadership skills, but that woman steps up to the plate when it is needed. There are not too many Captains that would serve dinner to guests, or help clean up.   

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I almost thought that she wanted to prove Mr. NonOnion that she was not too old to be with Conrad - Clearly it was all about her and having time with him now that she wasn't smelling of barf breath and probably finally showered.  She should have stayed behind and gave Brooke and Jwow the trip as requested by the guests. She is just too selfish IMO 

Love your perspective! 

• Love 3

I think Hannah was hung over and had a panic attack.

I think her panic attack was exacerbated by lack of sleep and the knowledge that she is being filmed.  Meanwhile, she entered the boat as an enemy of Sandy and Adam (off and on this charter), and has made an enemy of Kasey.  And she has made a HUGE enemy of Jaoa, who also makes her nervous.  Both of her stews are fighting for a chance to be with the enemy that makes her nervous, and her boyfriend doesn't want to listen to her.  I don't blame him, but I think at this point she realized Bravo is going to shred her and make her the problem and villain when she's supposed to be the star and -Boom.  Panic Attack.

I think Brooke did nothing special in the way of guest management for the 2 hours late dinner.  And  I find it absurd that anyone was allowed to languish at a dinner table without food for over an hour.  She did a great job with the beach picnic, though.

I think Hannah understood she shouldn't have been gone that long, and blew it.

I think Sandy should have found a cabin by herself and hit a pillow or something.  She did herself no favors raging like that on camera. 

Then, whether Sandy likes Hannah or not, the way the captain handled the communication with a woman who had been in a full blown panic attach the day before was completely wrong.  And again, she did herself no favors on camera.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Annlynn said:

I also think Sandy dotes on Jwow because Hannah and her boy toy hate him so badly. She is doing it out of spite.

I do not think Sandy is doing it out of spite. I think Joao is a dick, but seems like a hard worker. I think Sandy sees that. I do not think she has seen Joao be a dick during downtime.  I think Sandy might have doted on Conrad more if he had his head in the game. She did compliment him after the Hannah-less day.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

They also showed Hannah cuddled under a blanket sitting next to the Primary’s wife. Yeah, she was pouring vodka, but what happened to the no fraternizing with the guests rule? Hannah was so mad at Danny for doing it, but it’s ok for her?

I do see Sandy being overly critical of stuff outside of Hannah’s control... Adam too. So yes, there is a ton of pressure on her, but that doesn’t excuse her divisive behavior with the crew; nor does it excuse her lying to the captain. 

I do agree Hannah has a lot of pressure on her to control the guests.  She could just be over all of it.  But she's there to earn her part of the tip. 

Her badmouthing others is not a good look.  She's a terrible gossip. I just remembered that.  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Bingo. She seemed jealous they paired Joao and Kasey. They really enjoyed the beach picnic with them hosting.  She just had to interject herself into that boat ride and take her boy toy for show.

She needs a wake up call,  come to Jesus meeting, whatever... stat

• Love 6

Anybody who's ask Joao to do anything except clean their toilet has rocks in their head.  I saw him on WWHL and he reminds me even MORE of Joran van der Sloot.  I can't even watch this show because he's on it.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see him front and center in a rag like the Daily Mail for chopping up and killing his girlfriend or something equally as awful.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Anybody who's ask Joao to do anything except clean their toilet has rocks in their head.  I saw him on WWHL and he reminds me even MORE of Joran van der Sloot.  I can't even watch this show because he's on it.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see him front and center in a rag like the Daily Mail for chopping up and killing his girlfriend or something equally as awful.

You and I are on the same page about Joao, future inspiration for a Law & Order SVU episode. He creeps me out. Hannah, Brooke, and Kasey all thought he was so hot in that first episode. I was completely perplexed because I don't know what this Scott Peterson/Jovan van der Sloot amalagm must be giving off in person because on camera he comes off like a psycho.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You and I are on the same page about Joao, future inspiration for a Law & Order SVU episode. He creeps me out. Hannah, Brooke, and Kasey all thought he was so hot in that first episode. I was completely perplexed because I don't know what this Scott Peterson/Jovan van der Sloot amalagm must be giving off in person because on camera he comes off like a psycho.

Not only that, but I didn't like the way he spoke to the female deckhand.  I think she's from South Africa.  I just got a sense that Joran van der Sloot, Joao, who is from Zimbabwe, thought he was better than she because he's white and she's mixed race,.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Not only that, but I didn't like the way he spoke to the female deckhand.  I think she's from South Africa.  I just got a sense that Joran van der Sloot, Joao, who is from Zimbabwe, thought he was better than she because he's white and she's mixed race,.

That too. Emile Kotze from the Below Deck mothership is from South Africa and never gave off the level of malevolence and hostility that Joao does both to women and people of color. Leon was the chef on Emile's season and Emile had to put up with that foolishness from Claudia Jordan (making take off his shirt and feed her chocolate covered strawberries).

• Love 7

I am in total agreement that Hannah basically sucked this charter.  That being said, Sandy will do anything to be on camera.  The whole, "Hannah" "Hannah"...did we ever get an idea of what she needed Hannah for.  I personally would like to see them both gone next season.  Hannah is messy, she's always been messy (showing her tits to dufus Bobby in season one), the constant smoking....she kind of depresses me.  Kate's kind of a mess on the original show, but she keeps it together for all of the charters and her snark is on point.  I do think Sandy is out of line with the comments about Conrad and Hannah's relationship getting in the way of their jobs.  If there is nothing barring them from having a relationship, then it is really none of her business.  You can assert that they're doing a crappy job without making it personal.  But then Sandy wouldn't get the screen time  

Brook is annoying, but she did handle her responsibilities well.  

• Love 6

Their relationship is getting in the way of their jobs though.  Conrad's got his head so far up Hannah's ass that he can't figure out getting the jet skis in the water (or whatever simple task) and every time Sandy looks up they are sulking around gossiping/bitching instead of working.

• Love 7

Their relationship is getting in the way of their jobs though.  Conrad's got his head so far up Hannah's ass that he can't figure out getting the jet skis in the water (or whatever simple task) and every time Sandy looks up they are sulking around gossiping/bitching instead of working.

True - several times now Sandy has asked Conrad to do something and he either stops to chat with Hannah on the way, stalling him, or completely gets it wrong.  He knows it too, He said to Sandy he was getting different direction from people on the wakeboard and Sandy point blank asked him who was telling him things and he would not give up Hannah - he knows what happened.

From Sandy's POV she wanted Hannah on the boat working.  She wanted to guests to be able to stay, but without Hannah for a chaperone, they do this with guests all the time where they go back and pick them up later.  Pouring them drinks is not the kind of work Sandy had in mind for Hannah, and she did tell her not to hang out, and to come back.  Hannah directly disobeyed this.  And she was sneaky, and never mentioned to anyone that the guests asked for Brooke and Jwow.  I do see Sandy's point on this.  I just don't like what Hannah is up to.  I also am bugged that she needs Brooke to not like the guy she does not like.  Who cares?  She said things between her and Brooke will be strained as long as Brooke stays chummy with Jwow.  Why?  Who cares?  Why does everyone have to agree with Hannah?  She's also needy AF and tanking her relationship by acting bizzarre when Conrad is not constantly giving her attention every moment.  She is super phony with the guests and it burned her that the guests had a good day when she was in her cabin all day.

• Love 9
(edited)
31 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's because Sandy and Hannah were telling him that the guests wanted to do 2 completely different activities. Sandy said they wanted to do wakeboarding, which apparently you can do behind a jet ski, but is better and easier with a boat and the tender was already down.* Hannah was telling him that they wanted to jet ski and paddle board. The jet skis were up on the higher decks and had to be lowered using the crane and winch. And considering that Hannah was literally standing next to the guests when she radioed, Conrad could be forgiven for thinking she had the guests most current wishes.

*This is where some of Sandy's micromanaging is screwing things up too. On the mothership, Captain Lee doesn't really handle details about what water toys the guests want to use. The guests directly talk to the bosun and deck crew about that and the bosun will relay that to Captain Lee.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

And considering that Hannah was literally standing next to the guests when she radioed, Conrad could be forgiven for thinking she had the guests most current wishes.

And i think she waa correct, the exball player said he wanted to paddle board but much like dinner Sandy didnt give a damn about the rest of the guests only the primary. Conrad is inarticulate when it comes to Sandy but her lecture stopped him from doing his job. 

Jaoa and Brooke were holding hands and kissing when on duty but Sandy wont say shit.

Sandy demanding Hannah immediately report to the bridge only to send her to her room was ridiculous .

• Love 16

It's because Sandy and Hannah were telling him that the guests wanted to do 2 completely different activities. Sandy said they wanted to do wakeboarding, which apparently you can do behind a jet ski, but is better and easier with a boat and the tender was already down.* Hannah was telling him that they wanted to jet ski and paddle board. The jet skis were up on the higher decks and had to be lowered using the crane and winch. And considering that Hannah was literally standing next to the guests when she radioed, Conrad could be forgiven for thinking she had the guests most current wishes.

*This is where some of Sandy's micromanaging is screwing things up too. On the mothership, Captain Lee doesn't really handle details about what water toys the guests want to use. The guests directly talk to the bosun and deck crew about that and the bosun will relay that to Captain Lee.

Totally agree on this.

Hannah and Sandy are both at fault. The fact that Casey lied on her resume doesn't excuse Hannah gossiping about it, but the fact that Hannah isn't performing well doesn't excuse Sandy's poor management. If Sandy was that concerned about Hannah still being away she could have had one of the other girls switch with her after two hours or she could have told Hannah not to go in the first place. Ordering them back in a way that impacted the guests then yelling at Hannah to come to her then go away wasn't useful. 

Sandy has time and again not reacted well to what's going on. I still think about after the fire alarm went off (and after it was turned off) she went on deck and in front of the guests pulled Hannah away to berate her when she could have waited a minute for her to come inside (since the alarm was already fixed). Sandy has the benefit of only managing down while anyone who has been a supervisor and had a manager knows that being in the middle can be challenging. 

Hannah definitely has a lot to improve but we've seen that Sandy is not a good manager and appears to especially have an issue with Hannah and middle management. Sandy doesn't really have a reason to complain about the others because their mistakes and issues will mainly be wrapped into the chief stew/bosun/chef. Sandy also has the benefit of 'downtime' between charters while the others have to go hang out together and her own space. 

On an Adam note - I really wish he would come up with a small shared appetizer type of dish that the guests can start with while waiting for others who are late. We've seen this time and again and it would also make his work in the kitchen less stressful because they wouldn't be starving. That and/or serving a cheese plate an hour and a half before the set dinner time would probably take the edge off.

• Love 10