Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Hannah, Hannah, Sandy?

• Start Topic

With both Hannah and Jamie down, Captain Sandy steps in to support her crew; Adam feels like his chance at redemption is foiled when charter guest Kenny requests an impromptu beach picnic; Hannah crosses a line with Sandy.

Airs July 24, 2018.

(edited)

It is very telling that both Kasey and Brooke commented on the day going better than previous, without Hannah.

I do have anxiety and know that being idol only leaves you dwelling on your issues.  I don’t understand her being in bed for 24 hours or whatever it was.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 13

That’s why I don’t think it was all anxiety. My daughter has severe anxiety, but I’ve never seen it put her in bed like that. I know it affects people differently, but something just seemed off.

• Love 14

I’m a nurse and I’ve seen women use anxiety attacks, migraines, and fake seizures to keep their partners attention on them. We pretty much know when it’s real or not.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 minute ago, KSH said:

I’m a nurse and I’ve seen women use anxiety attacks, migraines, and fake seizures to keep their partners attention on them. We pretty much know when it’s real or not.

Do tell!  What's your opinion of Hannah's situation?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, KSH said:

I've had anxiety so bad I had panic attacks.  Never vomited like that.  It can make you feel nauseous. 

• Love 3
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do tell!  What's your opinion of Hannah's situation?

It’s her third season and there was not a whisper of anxiety before this whole Joao, Brooke, and Conrad situation came up. Why should she care so much about what Brooke does as long as she does her job.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I am in no position to judge Hannah's illness, but it would appear that her boss is going to and soon, lol.

Little Conrad’s feeling the heat too now that Hannah’s back on deck.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, KSH said:

It’s her third season and there was not a whisper of anxiety before this whole Joao, Brooke, and Conrad situation came up. Why should she care so much about what Brooke does as long as she does her job.

Adam was clearly aware of it when she came to him, so it might have come up before it just didn’t have a huge impact on the storyline.

• Love 18
(edited)

My namesake is so fk'n rude! She says she feels guilty about not doing any work, but there she is wandering around coughing all over the place! "Thanks Jamie; WTF? I really need you to put my health in jeopardy as well! If Sandy or anyone wants to gamble by going to your room, so be it!" She should have just kept her arse in the room! I'd be PO if one of the other crew members! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Second episode watching a contaminated 20-something hack into her hand.  She's trying alright.

Yeah that's strange. My generation coughed into our hands.  Jamie comes from the elbow era.  To be clear, I changed my ways and cough into my elbow now.   

How did Hannah land on the boat when Kenny and Co. requested Brooke and Ice?

If the guests want to stay out, how does Hannah go back?

She's in trouble! 

• Love 2
Just now, dosodog said:

Yeah that's strange. My generation coughed into our hands.  Jamie comes from the elbow era.  To be clear, I changed my ways and cough into my elbow now.   

Exactly.  Why I mentioned her age.  I became an elbow convert at least 10 years ago, hubs is a work in progress (60% of the time with hope of improvement).  For someone Jamie's age to be clinging to the hand is just wrong.  So.wrong.

• Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Oh Hannah,words cannot describe how much I want Sandy to push you overboard.

Hannah's getting little to no sympathy from anyone; esp. the fans! It's all coming to the fore; her behavior has finally blown up in her face! Sandy said "not for hours and hours" and what does Hannah do? Go off and had a great time watching a sunset while her staff's slaving away with Sandy noticing! Conrad's in deep $#!t too and it's all due to Hannah! WOW; where did it all go wrong for her? lol!

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 16

Haven't you ever been in that place?  Where you're not sick enough to be in bed and you feel like  you are letting down your coworkers?   Yeah, she should cough into her elbow.

I think the Hannah-Captain thing is producer manipulation.  Faux drama.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

Oh Hannah,words cannot describe how much I want Sandy to push you overboard.

Now I think the next anxiety attack is going to be the real deal. The first one got Conrad cuddling in her bunk again and they were very cozy on the client boat ride. I think Sandy rocks.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Exactly.  Why I mentioned her age.  I became an elbow convert at least 10 years ago, hubs is a work in progress (60% of the time with hope of improvement).  For someone Jamie's age to be clinging to the hand is just wrong.  So.wrong.

...and what is she doing with those germy hands? Sitting in the crew area spread out! B!tch! So rude and inconsiderate! I get exercised since I'm one of those people very susceptible to other people's illness! Whatever they have, attacks my throat and I get a bad case of bronchitis or strep throat going back to my childhood! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Haven't you ever been in that place?  Where you're not sick enough to be in bed and you feel like  you are letting down your coworkers?   Yeah, she should cough into her elbow.

Could be, but goodness I hope not!  lol

4 minutes ago, snarts said:

The guests were all on the dingy, completely entertained & happy, why is Captain Sandy pissed at Hannah?  Why wasn't she upset with Conrad? I can her being upset if they took off alone shirking responsibilities but that's not what happened. What was Hannah supposed to tell the guests, "no you can't see the sunset, we have get back?"  Plus, having two crew members take the entire guest party off the boat is fantastic. Every season someone mentions how great it is for the crew when the guests are off exploring.

Then, when Hannah gets back, instead of Sandy telling her why she's upset, she in effect sends her to her room to wait? How does that help the rest of the crew with the workload? 

I'm forced to admit, as much as I loved Cap'n's rage, it didn't make a whole lot of sense.  She didn't really think it through.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

How did Hannah land on the boat when Kenny and Co. requested Brooke and Ice?

The optics of Hannah going with the guests after off for a day are not great especially since the guests requested Brooke. However, I can also accept that Hannah mght be more familiar with the area and might be more knowledgeable to give a tour.

2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

If the guests want to stay out, how does Hannah go back?

I get that Sandy was irritated that Hannah took the seemingly light duty, but Sandy demanding that Hannah come back was soooooo unprofessional. How is she going to make the guests experience worse just because she wants to yell at Hannah. I'd be pissed as a guest. I miss my sunset because Sandy wants to flex.

Brooke is really doubling down on professional asshole and future murderer Joao.

Jaime needs to stay in bed.

• Love 22
25 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The cough lingers long after you're not contagious.  Moving around is good,  gets that stuff out. People get pneumonia from laying too much.  It does sound disconcerting.... lol

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

The cough lingers long after you're not contagious.  Moving around is good,  gets that stuff out. People get pneumonia from laying too much.  It does sound disconcerting.... lol

I'll cough after a cold like that for weeks! It's super annoying but it sounded like she had started her antibiotics for 24 hrs and if any of the crew was going to get it they would have already come in contact with the germ. I don't agree with the hand coughing but I see no problem with her getting up and working. 

Hannah... I really dislike her this season. I dislike her a little more each season. There's no reason she should have been on that tender in the first place. I feel like the guests would have understood especially since she was more of an afterthought when the request was first made. She should have sent Kacy, let Brooke rest and stayed on board to do everything else. 

Hannah and Conrad are both that much shittier at their jobs when the other is around- Sandy got that part right. I feel like the scolding could have waited until after sunset but it was already set enough that the guests got to enjoy most of it. They were probably too drunk to care anyway. 

Adam and his onion game.....

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The optics of Hannah going with the guests after off for a day are not great especially since the guests requested Brooke. However, I can also accept that Hannah mght be more familiar with the area and might be more knowledgeable to give a tour.

Especially since last week Brooke couldn’t tell the difference between Positano, one of the most easily recognizable places in Italy, and Sorrento. 

• Love 24

Captain Sandy needs to grow the fuck up.  The way she spoke to Hannah is NOT like a boss shou speak.  It comes from the top.

BTW why would you yell at your cable rep, it doesn’t make shit better, and yelling only makes me feel like an ass later.

• Love 19
(edited)

Sandy definitely came across as someone who's trying really very hard to find a reason to be angry.   And the whole "get back here right now/get out of my sight" thing--ugh.  Agree with those who said it's telling that both Brooke and Kasey noticed how much more smoothly things ran during service without Hannah.   The look on Hannah's face when the guests requested Brooke to accompany them on their outing, was priceless.  

I'm generally not a fan of Adam, but I did appreciate how he checked on Hannah, brought her a sandwich and tried to show her some support.    

The comedic highlight of this week's ep for me, was Kenny's "New Money" shirt.  I mean, many of his clothes send that message figuratively, but this tee made it literal.  

Edited by reallyjustjen
  • Love 15
(edited)

I didn’t think Brooke and Adam handled the dinner service well. They ignored the wants and needs if the other charter guests to suck up to the primary, that is shitty service. There is no reason that there couldn’t have been a quick app on the table when they realized how long they had been waiting. Or ask the guests if they wanted to be served. I get the primary wasn’t there but the service was still complete shit.

Also, Adam I have been making that a similar fig dish since I was 12.

Also, dinner service without Hannah had more people working it than usual because Sandy helped and made Colin get out of bed which isn’t normal.

Also, Sandy you are the captain you could most definitely confine Jaime to quarters or better yet have her stay in in port.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 24
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Are we sure elbow coughing is all the rage in other countries?  She's not from the US.  She's from South Africa.  I'm not sure they had the PR push for elbow coughing there.

2 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

Hannah stole that boat ride from Joao and what's her face.  She should have let them go,  she had been laying in bed for 24 hrs while they busted ass.  The guests were happy,  I do agree on that.  But it was a bad call on Hannah's part to engine that in her favor (taking Conrad too). 

I think Sandy wants to see real work out of Hannah right now.  

Even if she didn't let the others go and still insisted on weaseling her way on to the tender, she should have gone got them set up, had a coke if they insisted on her having a drink (which it didn't seem like they did), and then had Conrad take her back to the ship so she could relieve Brooke, Conrad could have then gone back and ferried the guests around.

The first part of the episode was so nice to watch with everyone getting along and working well together (aside from Conrad and Joao's tiff) without Hannah's stank ass attitude, gossiping, and pitting people against each other.  That beach picnic would have been a shit show if she'd been on duty.  Brooke handled all the speed bumps well and made sure to communicate with other team members.

• Love 9