Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: BB App Store #2; Nominations #2

• Start Topic

Ha! I like Sam's thinking spot. I was wondering who Scotty was talking to.

Kaitlyn looks like Frankie Grande. After seeing the beginning of season 16 several times in the past 10 days, I could see it, especially in the eyes.

Ha! Rachel shaving JC's back. Tyler forgot Rachel when he listed who voted for Sam.  I don't think the point of HOH is to get the least amount of blood on your hands, Kaitlyn.  I don't see why Tyler told her about Sam's power.

Why is pinky swearing a binding oath?

• Love 3
(edited)

When Saggy  is trying to sell America on "Swaley" and telling us to "call your Mom, call your friends" all I hear is "Hide your kids, hide your wife"

Edited by docmatt
mispelling
  • Love 14

What a gasbag. Kaitlyn saying she can intuit what Sam's power is when she knows because Tyler told her.  Wow, she sure is bamboozling Scott. 

Kaitlyn, you do not deserve a daytime Emmy. However, your performance on the live feeds has been a continual audition for something.

That ham is nasty. And Hamazon is no longer an option for a Crap App. Now Rachel, not trending doesn't mean people dislike you; it just means people aren't thinking about you. 

Wow, the Cloud is for 8 weeks - I guess BB really wants Tyler to stay! 

• Love 7

(I'm paraphrasing)

Kaitlyn: Isn't the point of being HOH to not get blood on your hands?  (Also, can we PLEASE retire "blood on my hands" from the BB lexicon? Christ, that's getting old.)
Me: Uh, no. Actually. Does she need someone to explain how this works?

Swaggy: What do I have to do to win an app? I'm obviously the trendiest trender that ever trended.
Me: How about not being an arrogant douche? And whining like a petulant child when you don't get the power app doesn't help.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I guess they used the most powerful apps for Tyler. Luckily, for BB I like him. So glad Swaggy is getting thumped in the game. Too funny!

Well, it WAS Tyler's choice for that app, so it wasn't exactly rigging it for him. Besides, his power can only be used once, it sounds like, and it's only beneficial if he knows he's about to be nominated as a target. 

Sam's power is WAY better. 

I live for Swaggy's disappointment over not being Most Trending. I hope it continues for the next three weeks. 

Kaitlyn is batshit. I'd hate her in real life, but she's an interesting character to watch.

A lot of filler this episode. Did they really have nothing else to show? It feel like half the houseguests aren't being shown at all. Do they really have nothing interesting to say or do?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it WAS Tyler's choice for that app, so it wasn't exactly rigging it for him. Besides, his power can only be used once, it sounds like, and it's only beneficial if he knows he's about to be nominated as a target. 

Sam's power is WAY better. 

I live for Swaggy's disappointment over not being Most Trending. I hope it continues for the next three weeks. 

Kaitlyn is batshit. I'd hate her in real life, but she's an interesting character to watch.

A lot of filler this episode. Did they really have nothing else to show? It feel like half the houseguests aren't being shown at all. Do they really have nothing interesting to say or do?

Yeah, Kaitlyn is really bringing the reality crazy for this season. I thought she’d just be a nut job and everyone in the BB house would be annoyed with her. It’s sort of the opposite. She seems to have toned down her crazy and saves it for DR. In her pregame interviews she came off so different. IMO!!!!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, Kaitlyn is really bringing the reality crazy for this season. I thought she’d just be a nut job and everyone in the BB house would be annoyed with her. It’s sort of the opposite. She seems to have toned down her crazy and saves it for DR. In her pregame interviews she came off so different. IMO!!!!

I don't think she's toning anything down...full on crazy...all the time.

• Love 1

Ah, Kaitlyn really wants us to believe there's a method to her madness by throwing out lines like she wants a Daytime Emmy, but I don't buy it. Girl is just nuts. When she looks in the mirror and says "I'm a shady bitch" rings truer to me as to her real personality. Desperate attention seeker. But yeah, definitely nuts.

I admit I kinda wanted more drama out of the "cool meeting" drama. Also thought Swaggy would be more determined to catch the rat.

Had no idea Winston reinforced the Steve vote on Kaitlyn at the last second. I didn't catch that when it was live.

Not shocked at all that Tyler got the power app. A little surprised with Rachel. I thought that would be Scottie for sure.

I have no use for Fessie whatsoever. 

• Love 4
Just now, vb68 said:

Ah, Kaitlyn really wants us to believe there's a method to her madness by throwing out lines like she wants a Daytime Emmy, but I don't buy it. Girl is just nuts. When she looks in the mirror and says "I'm a shady bitch" rings truer to me as to her real personality. Desperate attention seeker. But yeah, definitely nuts.

She "intuitively" knew the particulars of Sam's Power App but she doesn't "intuitively" know that Big Brother airs in the evenings, so technically it should be a Primetime Emmy. You'd think her spirit guides would have informed her of that.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I admit I kinda wanted more drama out of the "cool meeting" drama. Also thought Swaggy would be more determined to catch the rat.

Had no idea Winston reinforced the Steve vote on Kaitlyn at the last second. I didn't catch that when it was live.

Not shocked at all that Tyler got the power app. A little surprised with Rachel. I thought that would be Scottie for sure.

I have no use for Fessie whatsoever. 

I totally saw the Winston/Kaitlyn conversation in the hallway before voting. It makes me wonder what would have happened if she hadn’t talked to him. I give him a little credit for reinforcing the vote for Steve. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think the HGs really grasp the concept of the least trending either. I felt a little bad for Rachel. She seemed to think it meant "least popular/liked" when it really means "least relevant" (and not even that, since it's only open to those who haven't received an app yet). There's a difference. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

I don't think the HGs really grasp the concept of the least trending either. I felt a little bad for Rachel. She seemed to think it meant "least popular" when it really means "least relevant" (and not even that, since it's only open to those who haven't received an app yet). There's a difference. 

Even the average viewer doesn’t grasp the concept of least trending either. In the social network era trending can be good and bad. The BB cast is seeing or interpreting trending differently. 

• Love 3

Swaggy makes Kanye West seem like a normal, rational person. Tyler seems to be playing well and he's likable also. He looks like Frank, to me, and I never liked Frank, so it's a pleasant surprise to have Tyler not be annoying. I was afraid he'd be a surfer dude-type and I'd be sick of him by this time.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, docmatt said:

When Saggy  is trying to sell America on "Swaley" and telling us to "call your Mom, call your friends" all I hear is "Hide your kids, hide your wife"

Followed up by "You are SO dumb!"  Shaggy P, quit trying to make your name a thing.  It didn't work for "fetch" and this ain't gonna work either!

This whole "who is trending" thing is just so blatently production manipulation.  Couldn't they just pull their favorite for the week into the diary room and say "we like you best, here's a super nice advantage so you get to the end".    Lawt, I knew before anyone went to the "CrAPP store" that Tyler would get the advantage, and I am teh gullible!

Laughed at Sam trying to conjugate or pronounce anonymity.  I almost hoped she had said ignominy (it fits better) p.s. I knew reading Grandma's Reader's Digests would come in handy one day.

Kaitlyn has crazy stalker girlfriend eyes.  That bitch is cray and scary.

Rachel?  Hon, don't take it personal, I don't know who you are and I've been watching the show since the 1st epi.  Also, don't worry that you don't know how to operate clippers... just be glad JC didn't ask you to shave his balls or bleach his bunghole.

Winston is one of those guys that is hot one minute and fug the next.  He's like that girlfriend Sinefeld had that was cute in some places and not in others.  The wonky eyeball is weirding me out - however I'm also weirded out by other wonk-eye dudes like Ryan Gosling and Adam Levine.  Yes, I am shallow - so sue me.

• Love 4

I agree that declaration of 'I am a shady bitch.' is probably as close to the "real" Kaitlyn as we'll see. Crazy and dangerous. I can't help but love her and she'll cement that love if she backdoors Chris.

Just to see to the look on his face at the Veto meeting would be worth it. But then, I might not want to have him go home since I enjoy him trying to wrap his head around not being voted 'most trendy' [sic].

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

The Cloud is a cool power, but to me it's just like a HII in Survivor, he could use it when he's not in jeopardy.

I'm totally unclear about the power of The Cloud. Because Big Brother has a couple times where you can be nominated (unlike Survivor, where the only time you're in jeopardy is at tribal council), would using the power prior to a nomination ceremony mean you can't be backdoored that week? But you can use it post-Veto if you get a bad vibe you're going to be backdoored anyway? If so, when is that? After a Veto is won, but not yet played? I actually think this is worse than a hidden immunity idol, because you have twice as many chances not to be safe in Big Brother as you do in Survivor (if one assumes one is "safe" if one's name is not written down the most at tribal council).

Tyler's seemed pretty intuitive so far, so maybe he was a good one to get it, but trying to choose exactly when to use it would mess me up. It seems more mind game than power app to me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

The Cloud is a cool power, but to me it's just like a HII in Survivor, he could use it when he's not in jeopardy.

That is why Tyler is completely right when he said he would tell nobody.  It is the only way to guarantee that they don't target him to get rid of the power.  And boy does he deserve that reward not just for saving Sam last week but for now having to babysit Krazy Kaitlynn (sp???) this week.

Still love Tyler and Sam and glad they are working together.

Kaitlain (sp???) brings the entertainment crazy to the table.  If she doesn't have a last minute panic attack over getting blood on her hands (hate that expression) and choke on her intended move, it will be great to see Swaggy back-doored.  Don't disappoint us, Kaitlinn (sp???).  You backdoor him and you might actually trend yourself to a power by so doing.  And a totally crazy person with a superpower will make for good TV.

And don't worry, Swaggy.  This is BB.  You are making a nice villain so far so the producers will find a way to get you back in the game no doubt. But man Bayleaf would so be better off in the game without you.  She is killing her game with you around.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Wow, the Cloud is for 8 weeks - I guess BB really wants Tyler to stay! 

Yes they do!  For once I like their chosen one.

10 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I'm totally unclear about the power of The Cloud. Because Big Brother has a couple times where you can be nominated (unlike Survivor, where the only time you're in jeopardy is at tribal council), would using the power prior to a nomination ceremony mean you can't be backdoored that week? But you can use it post-Veto if you get a bad vibe you're going to be backdoored anyway? If so, when is that? After a Veto is won, but not yet played? I actually think this is worse than a hidden immunity idol, because you have twice as many chances not to be safe in Big Brother as you do in Survivor (if one assumes one is "safe" if one's name is not written down the most at tribal council).

I think it was ambiguous for a reason.

48 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

Rachel?  Hon, don't take it personal, I don't know who you are and I've been watching the show since the 1st epi.

Ha ha.  I said the same thing.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it WAS Tyler's choice for that app, so it wasn't exactly rigging it for him.

@Lady Calypso - I know you aren't new to the show.  Just because the apps had the same look on the screen doesn't mean they had the same "power" if what's-her-name used it.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I hope Swaggy never wins one of the apps - or if he has to, the least trending Crap App. His bitterness at not being the most Trendingest Houseguest ever is delicious.

We need to make this happen people.  I cracked up when he was listing his own credits and yet we think his failures.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Kaitlyn looks like Frankie Grande. After seeing the beginning of season 16 several times in the past 10 days, I could see it, especially in the eyes.

Ha! Rachel shaving JC's back. Tyler forgot Rachel when he listed who voted for Sam.  I don't think the point of HOH is to get the least amount of blood on your hands, Kaitlyn.  I don't see why Tyler told her about Sam's power.

Why is pinky swearing a binding oath?

I thought Scotty was talking to Steve's luggage and Sam surprised him.  But it makes sense that she asked him to talk to hear how much she could spy.

• Love 2

I don’t think the "Instagram fitness model"(Angela?) has had a DR in 3 episodes. She's got the next least trending HG locked up. 

Tyler seems like the only HG who is both sane and understands how to play the game. Although players who come out hot rarely run the table to the end. 

I'm probably in the minority but Kaitlyn's act is wearing thin on me. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Well, its early still but I have a sinking feeling this show is being spun in the direction of THE TYLER SHOW.  He was the HOH and now he is the defacto HOH and now he has been given a power (through no verifiable source that he's top trending) that will give him protection. I think it's fairly clear that Alison Grodner was looking for her next Paul/Pet and she has found him.

I'm sick of Tyler already...he had like 10 diary rooms compared to Angela, JC and Rockstar, for instance, having none! Why do they always have for force their favorites down our throats? I really want to see him get caught in all his lies.

Speaking of Paul I am dreading that the harassing critic for Rachel's game will be used as a way to get Paul back in the house. Now, Rachel...you wouldn't be the least trending if you did something the stand out instead of being a glorified extra.

I find it hard to believe that production to go because its wayyyyyy to early to lose a larger than life character. Its a lesson dating all the way back to Season 1 when America was allowed to vote out Will Mega and the Stripper consecutively and they were the only people in the house who had any spark to them. It will be interesting to see how they manipulate to keep him. Also, I don't think they want to lose one of apparently only two showmances.

I think Sam was actually having some sort of Stockholm Syndrome hiding in that cupboard because she had become used to being a robot.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I don’t think the "Instagram fitness model"(Angela?) has had a DR in 3 episodes. She's got the next least trending HG locked up. 

Tyler seems like the only HG who is both sane and understands how to play the game. Although players who come out hot rarely run the table to the end. 

I'm probably in the minority but Kaitlyn's act is wearing thin on me. 

Yeah I expected more from Angela this season. She seemed well rounded pre game but has been a dud on he show & live feeds. She has to be a lock for least trending next week. Mostly because she ain’t doing anything and there aren’t that many HG left to receive the least & most trending. I’m sure she’ll be all like, “Why me??????”.

Is Kaitlyn that tiny or is Fessy just that tall? She looked like a Munchkin standing next to him.

Why was Rachel so dressed up at the eviction? Did she think she was going to the BB prom?

Bayleigh and Swaggy don't seem like a real showmance to me. I think it was created by production and isn't accomplishing what they probably thought it would.

Yikes, I was itchy on JC's behalf after that messed up back-shaving. I hope he had some lotion or aloe for it, at least while he was on yatus.

Ditto comments upthread, I think Kaitlyn is nucking futz. She is not the BB mastermind she thinks she is though IMO she does have a decent game face. It's like she's dead behind the eyes.

My favorites are still Taylor and Sam.

When Saggy  is trying to sell America on "Swaley" and telling us to "call your Mom, call your friends" all I hear is "Hide your kids, hide your wife"

I think that's what he was alluding to but clearly he didn't think it through. He probably should run these things by Bayleigh first since she seems to see how he comes across to others and can steer him back off the edge if he listens to her.

• Love 4

I think Fessy is really tall. I noticed it in his conversation in the storage room with Scott and Swaggy. Scott looked tiny next to him. But yeah, Kaitlyn is also really short.

Tyler’s power app being equated to an immunity idol is a perfect comparison. So what that it’s good for 8 weeks. You have to know not just that your’re going to be nominated (because pawns are such a thing now), you have to know you’re actually in danger. And the backdoor option especially is designed so that the person being backdoored does not know they are being backdoored. I mean, let’s assume for a minute Swaggy got it (hahahahahahaha). His ego would prevent him from using it, if Kaitlyn follows through on herplan to backdoor him. It would be worthless. 

The conversation with Scott to what seemed to be a piece of luggage, and ended up being Sam, had me literally laughing out loud. As did Rachel tearing apart JC’s back with that razor. I just enjoy this cast. Especially compared to last season.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier, but what was up with the door in Swaggy’s room?  It looked like he decorated it or wrote on it in post-it notes.  Was it his way to send out messages to America and become the most trending?  

Edited by HHSScot
Typos are annoying.
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

I laughed at swaggy saying one reason he should be trending is that he's the best dressed in the house.  those swaggy t-shirts are not as cool as he thinks they are.

I think he’s trying to convince him (and, us) of that. LOL!!!! He was too busy trying to create a character then actually being himself coming in to the house. It’s the same as when he was trying to create a couples name. He’s trying too hard to be something instead of playing the game. I think he & Bey really hurt their game hooking up. Granted it’s happen 100’s of times before but theirs was so orchestrated and not natural. Like, Cody & Jess (though they ended up together) they would play so much better if one would leave the house. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, HHSScot said:

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier, but what was up with the door in Swaggy’s room?  It looked like he decorated it or wrote on it in post-it notes.  Was it his way to send out messages to America and become the most trending?  

The parlour room has a peg wall that they can play with - which yes, usually just has Instagram names on it so the viewers can follow them. There's always been a rule in the Big Brother house that you're not allowed to write with anything, so no scribbling with your lipstick or eyeliner on the mirror to send a message to another HG or to the feed watchers (not that they get any pens or paper anyway). This is the first time that they've given them something like this but really, they just use it to promote their social medias. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think [Swaggy’s] trying to convince him (and, us) of that. LOL!!!! He was too busy trying to create a character then actually being himself coming in to the house. It’s the same as when he was trying to create a couples name. He’s trying too hard to be something instead of playing the game.

Beastmode Bunny Boiler - er, Cowboy - all over again.

9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

She "intuitively" knew the particulars of Sam's Power App but she doesn't "intuitively" know that Big Brother airs in the evenings, so technically it should be a Primetime Emmy. You'd think her spirit guides would have informed her of that.

Tyler had told her but I thought she didn't want to give that away to Sam. 

The DR entries tend to be scripted anyway.

I'd actually like a Sam/Kaitlyn alliance but I suppose it isn't likely.

28 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Yes, there is a difference, but in both situations it would be a blow to her ego.

Not being liked is bad.

Not feeling as though anyone cares about her is also bad.

The worst thing for most reality show people is not to be featured and to be forgotten.  Some may even accept that 'villains' have to be cast and they may have to play a role that splits opinion and takes some bad reactions.  But all of them want affirmation that they exist for the audience.

• Love 2

I hope Tyler is really working with Sam and has some loyalty to her.  At first, I didn't like that he told Kaitlyn about Sam's power, but it made sense when he used it to get Kaitlyn on Sam's side.  Reaffirmed when Sam herself shared the info.  

I don't find Swaggy likable, but I do find him entertaining, so backdoor or no, I'm good. 

I hope Scottie is safe this week; would much rather keep him than Winston (if noms stay the same).  And I felt bad for Rachel.  That said, after Cody & Jess, I admit to being a bit prejudicial against any bro and/or babe alliances in the house.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

The worst thing for most reality show people is not to be featured and to be forgotten.  Some may even accept that 'villains' have to be cast and they may have to play a role that splits opinion and takes some bad reactions.  But all of them want affirmation that they exist for the audience.

Echo echo.  To the SM-driven crowd, to be loved is great and to be hated is worse - but to be irrelevant is worst of all.

• Love 1

I have to say, Tyler comes off as a dopey surf bro, but he is really impressing me with his gameplay. Not only is he a master at working people, but he is so subtle about it. He just comes off as being your friend, looking out for you. His strategy and social game are both on point right now. When they showed that extra clip of him talking to Kaitlyn before the vote last week, I realized that she really wasn't sure what to do until he got to her. And no one else seems wary of him; no one seems to dislike him. If he keeps this up, he could go far. I'm rooting for him! 

I do think, as far as Kaitlyn's game goes, it was kind of dumb to pair Scottie with Winston. I have no issue with her working with Level 6 now. But if she's going to do so, she either needs to fully come out about it - orrrr keep it a better secret until she's ready to do so. Because it doesn't really make sense to not pair Winston with someone else from his side. If she's trying to convince Foute that Winston is her true target, Faysal is right - Scottie WOULD be another vote they need. 

So we'll see how this all shakes out. But I'm totally down for a backdooring of Swaggy C if they can make that happen. I truly cannot tolerate a summer of Swayleigh. 

Also, please let me never see anyone shaving JC's back again! 

Who was it that won the crap app? I seriously cannot tell Rachel and Angela apart at this point. Homegirl's crying, thinking people don't like her, and I'm over here like - "No, we just don't KNOW you. Who ARE you???"

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I thought he was talking to an imaginary Steve for a minute there. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Because it doesn't really make sense to not pair Winston with someone else from his side. If she's trying to convince Foute that Winston is her true target, Faysal is right - Scottie WOULD be another vote they need.

She could spin it that by putting up someone from her side there is less chance of Winston winning the POV, and if Scottie gets houseguest choice in the POV draw he can make sure another Foutte is chosen to play.

• Love 2