Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/11/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

So Meghan liked the concept of the show Roseanne: "a middle-America Red State family being portrayed on TV."

Chick?

The Connors live in Lanford, Illinois.

Ill-in-ois.

The bluest of blue states in the Midwest.

Sheesh.

When she said that I thought red state?  She is acting like the Connors is/was the poster family for her tribe.   They aren't/weren't.   Roseanne and Dan in the original weren't Republicans as far as I could tell and in this go around Roseanne might have been a Trump supporter but she didn't seem to toe the party line. 

If Meghan wants to watch a Republican family she should turn on the Duggars.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm surprised it was so bad she ended up staying overnight at the hospital, but maybe age was a factor in that decision

My husband was 30 when it happened to him...and he was in the hospital and on IVs for (2) days.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

When she said that I thought red state?  She is acting like the Connors is/was the poster family for her tribe.   They aren't/weren't.   Roseanne and Dan in the original weren't Republicans as far as I could tell and in this go around Roseanne might have been a Trump supporter but she didn't seem to toe the party line. 

If Meghan wants to watch a Republican family she should turn on the Duggars.

Didn't you all FLOVE the way Joy turned it around on MM when Joy said she would like to see a show about a family from Drumpf's  base where his policies aren't helping them? 

MM doesn't have a clue. 

Also, machine gun outlets in North Korea?  Like um, Dollar Stores? 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Didn't you all FLOVE the way Joy turned it around on MM when Joy said she would like to see a show about a family from Drumpf's  base where his policies aren't helping them? 

MM doesn't have a clue. 

Also, machine gun outlets in North Korea?  Like um, Dollar Stores? 

I loved that, too. Mostly I'm just happy to hear the panel's unfiltered thoughts about Roseanne (both the revival show and the person) now that ABC has cut all ties with the woman. They were clearly told to hold their tongues back when the cast were doing the rounds a few months back.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I loved this segment. It was like "Queen For A Day" for a very deserving woman. I loved that she kept missing the additional gifts because she was crying!

I loved that Sarah could see the second truck even though it wasn't in the picture.

• Love 4

Did Joy have a cut? I didn't see a bandage or stitches.  Did she stab the knife into her palm? I am missing more and more things on tv. I had 20/15 vision until I had cataract surgery. 

• Love 1

Morgalisa - I think it happened earlier but became infected. And wasn't a serious cut to begin with except it became infected. And that can be very serious and require being in the hospital for IV antibiotics.

• Love 4

I felt bad for Joy!  Not just a cut but a serious infection.  It happened to my dad a few years ago.  He was working in the yard and got a small cut on the back of his hand.  About two days later it was swollen almost twice its size.  We took him to ER and he had to stay two days (if I remember correctly) and was on IV as well as shots.  His hand had become infected with a combination of the cut not being taken care of and his diabetes.

• Love 6
(edited)

Whoopi acting like this whole Roseanne reboot\cancellation has precedence. Uh? Not quite.

Also on yesterday’s show when Sunny was PROUDLY talking about being honored and Sara told her to move her mic, Whoopi huffed, got up from her chair, walked over to Sunny and barely moved anything. Odd?

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 11

^Maybe Whoops envies Sunny's vocabulary - never heard her (nor any other professional) refer to every prob as "poop."  And what the HELL was Whoops going on about, with her story of (I think) formerly discreet "pooting" but green gas clouds appearing behind her with age??  Ugh.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi acting like this whole Roseanne reboot\cancellation has precedence. Uh? Not quite.

What was she talking about? The ladies were talking about actors who have been replaced and she was mentioning King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Morgalisa - I think it happened earlier but became infected. And wasn't a serious cut to begin with except it became infected. And that can be very serious and require being in the hospital for IV antibiotics.

Thanks maggiemae, makes sense.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

^Maybe Whoops envies Sunny's vocabulary - never heard her (nor any other professional) refer to every prob as "poop."  And what the HELL was Whoops going on about, with her story of (I think) formerly discreet "pooting" but green gas clouds appearing behind her with age??  Ugh.

Beginning comics, doing stand up, are criticized by established comics for telling fart jokes. They're easy and any 12 year old boy can do them. But having said that, I went to her show a couple of years ago and she drew a big crowd and people loved her. But I've never thought she was good at stand up. I've seen most of the greats and there is no comparison, imo.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

As an unfortunate serial 'pooter', at first i didnt know what she was talking about, when i finally got it, i laughed my ass off, no pun intended haha. It is embarassing for sure.

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

What was she talking about? The ladies were talking about actors who have been replaced and she was mentioning King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

Yes thats what she meant.  Ive never seen any of the above, but i think ElR they replaced the grandfather role, and KoQ i think it was the Leah Remini char

she was talking about blue collar shows, the others were still on the replacement actors

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Yes thats what she meant.  Ive never seen any of the above, but i think ElR they replaced the grandfather role, and KoQ i think it was the Leah Remini char

I thought Whoopi was referring to those shows as shows that featured blue collar families.

Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

she was talking about blue collar shows, the others were still on the replacement actors

Great minds TV Diva Queen.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, geekburger said:

It does but not for the same reasons. Valerie starring Valerie Harper, was rebooted to Valerie’s Family then ultimately to The Hogan Family after Valerie was fired over a pay dispute. There was a time in the original show, where Roseanne was fighting with producers and she wasn’t in an episode or two-BUT again, didn’t have anything to do with racism as Roseanne wasn’t batshit crazy back then. Of course, I haven’t seen this yet, so I’m not sure what she said and how she said it.

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

See my example above. Also Leah was brought back in Kevin Can Wait and Kevin’s tv wife fired because Leah and Kevin were on the previous show. I don’t recall any cast changes in Raymond. There was the firing of Delta Burke in Designing Women. So yeah, there is precedence for firings, recasting and cancellations. Just not precedence due to being a batshit racist. And Bill Maher’s show, Politically Incorrect was cancelled because one of his guests on the show (that ARSEHOLEDOUCHE Dinesh D’Souza) right after 9/11, called the terrorists “warriors” and “patriots” and Maher didn’t call him out for it, but said how the US “lobbed missiles from [whatever] miles away,” instead of doing anything about terrorists. That show was also on ABC.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
(edited)

Jesus.  They are on camera for one hour.  By 11:03, Whoopie can barely talk around the food in her mouth.  Are they all starving?

Mark Sanford is one of Meghan's idols?  Did she just say that?  Good family values, that guy.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 16

Yeah, at least two conversations were going on at the same time.  Joy said she wanted a show with a blue collar family who were trump supporters, who then faced hardships because of trump's policies.  Whoopi started to talk about other shows with blue collar families, but the others were still talking about shows that replaced one actor with another.  Meghan was talking about Laurie Metcalf's politics when she actually meant the character of Jackie in the show.  It's like everyone was having their own conversation, nobody listening to each other. 

And I was thinking - when they're talking about shows who replaced one actor with another -   the original Roseanne show was the prime example!  the older daughter was played by one actor, who then left the show for a time, was replaced, and then came back (I think?) it was kind of a running gag on the show for a while.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Let’s see if ABC edits out Meghan childishly screeching over Sunny and repeatedly asking, “did you hear what I just said?!” I’m glad Sunny ignored her and continued on with her point.

Sunny didn’t freakin' say people should vote for women because they’re women; she said it's the year of the women, as a record-number of women are running and winning this year.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 21
(edited)

Why is Megan being such a bitch to Sunny? I am sick of the panel treating her like she is an expert on the Republican party.  She is not. She was wrong in the Virginia elections, the guy who won and will take on Tim Kaine, in the fall, is a man with ties to White nationalists. So, she needs to shut the hell up.. The Dems have flipped 43 seats once held firmly, by the Republicans. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20

This show has so many commercials, so many product promotions, there is very little time for content.   So WHY WHY WHY, is the first ten minutes basically Meghan McCain lecturing us on republican politics?   And then when Sunny talks about examples of "the year of the woman,"  Meghan has to mutter "she won because of her gender!"  And then "did you hear what I just said?  So we're just electing all women even if they're hyper trump supporters?"   

Oh, and Whoopi?   Chew, swallow, THEN talk.  

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Sunny didn’t freakin' say people should vote for women because they’re women; she said it's the year of the women, as a record-number of women are running and winning this year.

2 minutes ago, backformore said:

And then when Sunny talks about examples of "the year of the woman,"  Meghan has to mutter "she won because of her gender!" 

So by Meghan's logic shouldn't Hillary have won?

• Love 12
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Let’s see if ABC edits out Meghan childishly screeching over Sunny and repeatedly asking, “did you hear what I just said?!” I’m glad Sunny ignored her and continued on with her point.

They all ignored her lol!

She was awfully quiet after the first segment , makes for a good show.....I thought she was off trying to find her eyeballs. She rolled them nonstop at the start of the show.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 22
42 minutes ago, backformore said:

How much guacamole is needed for 5 women?   Apparently several gallons. 

Shiiiiiiiiit.....I would have been all over that bowl, being such a guac whore and all.

• Love 10
(edited)

No Meghan people aren't voting for these women simply because they are women.  They are voting for them because they like their policies.  It is incredibly sexist of her to imply women are winning because of their gender.

I almost hope Meghan sticks around till the midterms because if there is a blue wave I want to see her lose her shit.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I watched both those shows and neither of them replaced any actors. I guess she was talking about blue collar shows, like others have mentioned. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Shiiiiiiiiit.....I would have been all over that bowl, being such a guac whore and all.

Me too. 

I get together with my best friend once a month for dinner and drinks,  no kids no hustands , just us, ( we didn't see each other much in the last couple years...putting everone before our friendship ) After the first time we went to dinner,I got home and my husband was asking what had for dinner. I said guacamole and margaritas lol. He thought I was joking. I wasn't . Guacamole warm tortilla chips and margaritas is a meal.

My point is I was drooling seeing the women enjoy what was probably some bomb ass Guacamole.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why is Megan being such a bitch to Sunny? I am sick of the panel treating her like she is an expert on the Republican party.  She is not. She was wrong in the Virginia elections, the guy who won and will take on Tim Kaine, in the fall, is a man with ties to White nationalists. So, she needs to shut the hell up.. The Dems have flipped 43 seats once held firmly, by the Republicans. 

Because she's awake? 

• Love 13

What did that take...about a nanosecond before Whoopie started stuffing her face ? And then coming back from break she's still stuffing. I will give her credit though, she managed to eat it all by the time Jon Hamm came on. And an extra special thanks to Meghan for clarifying that the woman who won was a woman. I heard what she was saying. Too bad she doesn't hear what we're saying.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved how everyone at the table just ignored her and while the audience was clapping, "DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID???!" We heard you, we just don't care about your tantrums anymore.

The way she kept repeating herself - it was like listening to a child throw a fit, crying for attention. 

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

They all ignored her lol!

Yep! It was funny as hell. They continued talking as if she wasn't there, lol.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, General Days said:

Jon Hamm is stupid handsome. Just stupid handsome. 

Jon Hamm is curiosity to me. I find him absolutely stunning in Mad Men. Then in interviews or other movies/shows, I'm like, eh,  he's ok. It's odd. I do think he's handsome,  but in Mad Men wowza.

• Love 10
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh Meggie dear, waaaay too much of that lovely fabric.  YOU look like a paisley avocado with a pin head ... LOL.

Choosing a dress matching the large bowls of guacamole is more evidence her stylist and people behind the scenes despise her. 

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 17
Just now, Coffeewinewater said:

Jon Hamm is curiosity to me. I find him absolutely stunning in Mad Men. Then in interviews or other movies/shows, I'm like, eh,  he's ok. It's odd. I do think he's handsome,  but in Mad Men wowza.

Girl, yes! He was incredibly attractive in Mad Men.

• Love 5

Okay, some of you posters are so funny....you should be comedy writers! Your funny replies take the edge off of some very serious subjects, and the opinions of some of the hosts.Keep up the good work, we desperately humor to get through the days ahead.

• Love 21

ABC please stop giving food to Whoopi during the show. She doesn't seem to quite understand that she needs to talk and moderate the table without piles of food in her mouth!! And it continued even after a commercial break.

She asked Jon Hamm a question, which I couldn't understand, and by the look he gave, and was like "huh?" I don't think he knew what the hell she was talking about either. Then I think it was Sara who had to pipe in, and say, "set designer," and then Jon was like oh yeah, and then went into the story.

• Love 11

Oh man, I do love the Hamm Bone!  He should really be a huge movie star by now, terrific actor, funny as hell, smart as f###. I adore him. What did they give him, 3 minutes of watching them eat today? You gals are right, he is just Cary Grant handsome isn't he? Ahhhhhhhh. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Onceafan said:

ABC please stop giving food to Whoopi during the show. She doesn't seem to quite understand that she needs to talk and moderate the table without piles of food in her mouth!! And it continued even after a commercial break.

I hate, hate, HATE when Whoopi talks with a mouth full of food.

• Love 15