Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/11/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 11

Christopher Plummer (“Boundaries”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices.

Tuesday, June 12 

inspirational story of once-homeless cancer survivor and single mom Letitia Conliffe from Sulphur Springs, Texas, who is now giving back to the community with her nonprofit organization that feeds and nurtures neglected and abused children. 

Wednesday, June 13
Jon Hamm (“Tag”) 

Thursday, June 14 
Actress Kelly Preston from "Gotti"; actress Vanessa Kirby from "The Crown" and "Mission Impossible: Fallout."

Friday, June 15 
Actor Ed Helms from "Tag"; "Incredibles 2" voice actors Holly Hunter and Craig T. Nelson.

• Love 2

I hate to admit it, but Meggie made her point(s) very well in the first segment.  (Ask me how pissed I am that 45 trashed our P.M.)

Just now, piano said:

I am just curious -- when Megan is constantly giving side-eye is she trying to see the audience or the camera or both?

Both!!!

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hate to admit it, but Meggie made her point(s) very well in the first segment.  (Ask me how pissed I am that 45 trashed our P.M.)

Both!!!

He who must not be named publicly announced to our allies, "Americans stand with you, even if our president doesn't." My guess is MM is supporting her father over Trump and the silent Republican party on this one issue.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Lol!!!

I don't give a fuck if his base is offended  Meghan! I'm offended everyday I watch the show, not mention everything else that's going on.

I'm so tired of Meghan and others scolding people.  We  are fed up with what is going on. Yeah, sometimes people use strong language. What  Robert DeNero said is so gross to Meghan???  STFU Meghan.  Try to explain to us where DeNero  is coming from. Come on,  you can a  find a way to explain Trump's base everyday on this show.....I want to say so much more regarding her saying how gross it was, but I'm sure that's off topic. 

Completely agree with you!  Not to mention, Trump has used the same offensive word at his rallies with nary a mention in the media. DeNiro publically said what myself and our allies say daily!

• Love 24
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Why must the world cater to Trump's base. Why are they so special?  Deniro has the right to express himself. Who is Megan McCain, to tell him, otherwise..

I wish someone on the panel would point out the obvious flaws in her comments. Trump (the leader of the free world) can use the word and it's a non-issue. Everyone walks on eggshells with the 'Bad Seed' aka BS!

• Love 13
Just now, GiveMeSpace said:

Poor Meghan is so exhausted. Do they still make Geritol? She may need some. 

heeee

I love how Whoopi refuses to say the name of the White House resident.  Me too.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I loved the quote that they read from John McCain. They should not give Whoopi that tiny font. I felt her pain. I can read too; I just cant see well.

Me too. The world has become a hostile, tiny fonted nightmare for me. I know she also struggles with dyslexia, but the tiny font is a killer.

• Love 12
Just now, GiveMeSpace said:

Poor Meghan is so exhausted. Do they still make Geritol? She may need some. 

How about she go away for good.  I am tired of her pontificating on subjects that she knows nothing about;  I was annoyed by her diatribe this morning about Trump's beef with Trudeau and his bizarre love for Putin.  It was insincere and it was all about how it affects her, as a Republican.  I am just sick of her.. I have never heard her criticize the President for eroding democratic norms. She praises it because the base loves it.  

• Love 24

After giving it some thought, I'm not sure Sunny characterized the "situation" with 45 & our P.M. properly.  Larry Kudlow (sp?) lied about what Justin Trudeau said/did & she didn't point that out.  (Maybe she was otherwise engaged & didn't have time to properly prepare for the conversation!!??)

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

After giving it some thought, I'm not sure Sunny characterized the "situation" with 45 & our P.M. properly.  Larry Kudlow (sp?) lied about what Justin Trudeau said/did & she didn't point that out.  (Maybe she was otherwise engaged & didn't have time to properly prepare for the conversation!!??)

I have family in Canada and they are not pleased with what happened...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

How about she go away for good.  I am tired of her pontificating on subjects that she knows nothing about;  I was annoyed by her diatribe this morning about Trump's beef with Trudeau and his bizarre love for Putin.  It was insincere and it was all about how it affects her, as a Republican.  I am just sick of her.. I have never heard her criticize the President for eroding democratic norms. She praises it because the base loves it.  

Than you!

She seems to be offended as a Republican. But yes, you're right,  she never has called Trump out for all the things he is destroying only the destruction of her damn party. Where is her passion about anything else except HER party.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She seems to be offended as a Republican. But yes, you're right,  she never has called Trump out for all the things he is destroying only the destruction of her damn party. Where is her passion about anything else except HER party.

She is up in arms because of Trump fucking up foreign policy.  Does she not give a fuck about the damage he is causing  here at home?

21 minutes ago, Tunia said:

To our dear Canadian friends~

We Americans are so sorry.  Please don't give up on us.

3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

To our Canadian neighbors: most Americans are absolutely embarrassed by Trump's behavior. We're sorry.

I'm sure Canadians are well aware Trump isn't representative of most Americans.  

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I am sick to death of hearing about Trump's base.  I don't care what they say.  I don't care what they think.  I don't care how they feel.  Trump sucks up to them so much all the while instituting policies that will  ultimately hurt them.  And if his base is offended by DeNiro saying the word fuck it's only because it was DeNiro saying it.  We all saw the word fuck on signs and tee shirts at his rally directed towards his opponent

yeah, I recall the tshirts saying, "fuck your feelings!  trump 2016."  So, DeNiro says it right back at them.   Perhaps Meghan needs to explain the double standard, since her JOB is to "explain his base."  

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Still, his job is to represent us as Americans when he's in other countries and he's doing a terrible job. 

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

To our Canadian neighbors: most Americans are absolutely embarrassed by Trump's behavior. We're sorry.

My father is Canadian and I have many relatives living in Canada. If I weren't so long in the tooth, I'd make the move. Living under this regime is almost becoming unbearable. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

I would rather have the ten minutes left over to have Christopher Plummer longer -- instead of Oprah's "finds"

I kind of wish they would make the "View Your Deals" segment a web series instead, just so there'd be a few extra minutes for other topics and guests. 

• Love 10
(edited)
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is up in arms because of Trump fucking up foreign policy.  Does she not give a fuck about the damage he is causing  here at home?

Yeah, because foreign policy as she sees it, is a "Republican" thing. Ugh. Their "Values" , whatever. I'm feeling exhausted.  I wish MM  wasn't on the show. She is fake as hell. Nothing she says really rings true. 

Sorry, I've been in a funk all weekend. I feel like we're living in the twilight zone. Watching MM scold people for a stupid word that the President uses, plus much worse , is doing my head in. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Sorry, I've been a funk all weekend. I feel like we're living in the twilight zone. Watching MM scold people for a stupid word that the President uses, plus much worse , is doing my head in. 

You and me both!  Politically, this was an especially rough weekend including the sad news of Anthony Bourdain.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

No one actually pointed that out...not even on CNN when they interviewed Kudlow face to face which was disappointing to see. Kudlow acted like Trudeau was making degrading comments out of left field. For one, Trudeau didn't say anything he hadn't already said. And secondly, he was answering a question from the media - Canadians deserve to know how Trudeau addressed the issue of tariffs at the meeting and what stance he is committed to on behalf of Canadians. Trump and Kudlow are pissed that the optics of Trudeau's comments come after Trump claimed that his relationship with all of the G7 leaders are a 10, that a deal could get done and they think that Trudeau's comments undermine him ahead of tomorrow's summit. Trump wants to act like a deal can be done, while giving the impression that he's going to get everything he wants out of this deal. Trudeau's comments expose Trump's words as that of bravado and not that of real negotiating savvy and now his feelings are hurt.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Catnip said:

You and me both!  Politically, this was an especially rough weekend including the sad news of Anthony Bourdain.

Yes,  the Anthony Bourdain news , was a big part , of what really did me in. I'm pretty good at just  moving forward. Even with all the crazy going on. But I was just gutted by the news and have felt drained....

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I kind of wish they would make the "View Your Deals" segment a web series instead, just so there'd be a few extra minutes for other topics and guests. 

I wish they would discontinue this garbage and put it in commercial breaks where it belongs. I am so tired of women's shows doing this shit. Can we just have a show with women talking about politics and current events without trying to sell them something to help with their horrible deflated asses or crow's feet. Such empowering content for women. For fucks sake I am sick of it.

• Love 20
(edited)

I wouldn't know about all these products if I didn't see them on this show. I kind of like view your deals. [/hides head] Many suck or dont apply to me, but every now and then I like one. I need to get out more 

I'll see myself out. :-) 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 9

Just tuned in and hear MM say she's terrified so I suggest  ( as she told Joy last week )   Do  something about it! 

Her deeply instilled values include her believing in freedom that no one but her base believes in. Quite frankly I grew up the word base to describe someone not a positive one and think that every time she uses it. 

Sara asking why the tote was plastic only  to be answered with its great material with exquisite chiseled details so it looks like leather.  By all means make Christopher Plummers segment shorter to sell yet another beach wrap. Yes Yummie  has a good reviews and it is sold on a Amazon so compare prices. Adam seems to have a uniform of crew sweater tucked in front with pushed up sleeves. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Her deeply instilled values include her believing in freedom that no one but her base believes in.

This is one of the things (and there are several) that I cannot stand about Meghan. When she was talking about being upset about Putin invading Crimea and how it offended her belief system I'm thinking and you don't think Democrats care about what Putin did?  I know she is still fighting the Revolutionary War but most of us have moved on and are concerned about the current threats to us.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I wish they would discontinue this garbage and put it in commercial breaks where it belongs. I am so tired of women's shows doing this shit. Can we just have a show with women talking about politics and current events without trying to sell them something to help with their horrible deflated asses or crow's feet. Such empowering content for women. For fucks sake I am sick of it.

Oooooh, well said!!!

18 minutes ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Amen! And it would serve the other women well to stop responding and playing into Meghan's "What About Trump's Base" retorts.
I mean, who fucking cares about Trump's base? They're less than 25% of eligible voters. They're not going to suddenly become liberals and no one should waste a second on trying to persuade these people otherwise. The job of people on the left should be GETTING OUT THE VOTE. 

Next time Meghan brings-up how fragile Trump's base is and how we should all be fretting about their delicate nature, perhaps someone will be kind enough to share this image with her...

CurnZB9W8AAljwX.jpg

What charmers!  I thought the followers didn't like naughty words.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I wouldn't know about all these products if I didn't see them on this show. I kind of like view your deals. [/hides head] Many suck or dont apply to me, but every now and then I like one. I need to get out more 

I'll see myself out. :-) 

Sorry Ari. It is shark week so I am especially grouchy. I would watch the shit out of this in the commercial breaks but I resent it inside the show. All these daytime talk shows do it and like most advertising, it promotes negative feelings in order to sell things. Ever watch Dr. Phil? I actually saw a show where a couple was on where the husband insulted and verbally abused the wife criticizing her looks and weight. Dr. Phil's solution? A complete set of his scary faced wife Robin's skin care line. Personally, I would have advised to her divorce him and then Bam! suddenly she has dropped 180lbs. That is probably off topic but the point is, I need a show with female hosts discussing issues that isn't doing this. If I want to see products, I will watch the home shopping network. Apologies again, Ari, I wasn't being cranky toward you, just cranky in general. :-)

• Love 16
1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Sorry Ari. It is shark week so I am especially grouchy. I would watch the shit out of this in the commercial breaks but I resent it inside the show. All these daytime talk shows do it and like most advertising, it promotes negative feelings in order to sell things. Ever watch Dr. Phil? I actually saw a show where a couple was on where the husband insulted and verbally abused the wife criticizing her looks and weight. Dr. Phil's solution? A complete set of his scary faced wife Robin's skin care line. Personally, I would have advised to her divorce him and then Bam! suddenly she has dropped 180lbs. That is probably off topic but the point is, I need a show with female hosts discussing issues that isn't doing this. If I want to see products, I will watch the home shopping network. Apologies again, Ari, I wasn't being cranky toward you, just cranky in general. :-)

I think the problem is ABC and it's advertisers look at the View's demographics and think this is what their viewers will be interested in.

Years ago Barbara Walters likened the View audience to Wal Mart shoppers.  I had never been so offended.  She was implying they were the same demographic. And I don't think she meant it as compliment since she always felt the need to explain everything to us.

• Love 10

Meghan's little rants are so rehearsed and she always gets "tribal" in them.

She might as well record them before the show, sit back and press play. There are no original thoughts.

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Just tuned in and hear MM say she's terrified so I suggest  ( as she told Joy last week )   Do  something about it! 

She just caaaaaaan't.  She's exhausted!

• Love 12