Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/11/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

I would rather have the ten minutes left over to have Christopher Plummer longer -- instead of Oprah's "finds"

Who are the twits-twats who do the scheduling?   Do they always save their most important guest for last and always have to cut them off so they can sell their Monday crap?  Start the show with your sidewalk sales and then give your guests the respect they've earned.  You might even be able to give a few minutes extra when it's necessary.

• Love 11

I watched today, for the first time in a couple weeks, mostly to see what they'd say about 45 trashing our Prime Minister. Justin Trudeau certainly isn't perfect, but it really is disgusting how little respect 45  (like Whoopi, I won't say his name), and his advisors, ("a special place in hell", seriously!!!) have for him.  Of course I've known since the Rosie fiasco how once you are on his bad side, he just keeps attacking like a fool.   But, unlike the Rosie "feud", this one is going to affect people on both sides of the Canada/US border.

Sorry that Joy wasn't there today. Obviously, since Ana was her replacement, it was a planned day off.  

I really enjoyed the Christopher Plummer interview. Wish they'd cut short the hot topics so he could have had an extra segment.  Of course I knew he was a fellow Canadian, but had no idea his Great Grandfather had been a Prime Minister.  I can't remember what he said, maybe the "crashing through the fireplace", but whatever it was, it made MM smile, and for the first time, ever, it looked like a genuine "happy" smile.

About Robert De Niro's "speech", if it was censored that much on the live broadcast, it must have been annoying to be watching live and have no idea what he said,

• Love 14

Just caught up on the segments after Hot Topics. I know how Christopher Plummer is, I've seen some of his work but I've always known him as an older man...never really looked up his full resume. Please don't judge me, but I had no clue he was Von Trapp in The Sound of Music!!! I feel so ashamed, lol. I've never seen him in an interview but he seems like such a lovely person. Dare I say, I think Meghan's laughing during Plummer's fireplace story is about the most authentic laugh I've heard from her. Could have watched him longer.

• Love 8
(edited)
56 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Why can MM use the word fuck yet Robert de Niro can't, nor David Hogg?

(Channeling Meghan here)

Because, dammit! When we go low, you're supposed to go high!

Edited by backformore
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Sorry that Joy wasn't there today. Obviously, since Ana was her replacement, it was a planned day off.  

Oh, she wasn't? :/ I missed the show this morning and I was about to go to YouTube to watch, but I think I'll save myself the bother of having to endure Meh-gun's hollow, entitled, rich lady bullshit today.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, piano said:

I am just curious -- when Megan is constantly giving side-eye is she trying to see the audience or the camera or both?

I don't know why she does that on The View, but when she came on I posted that she does that side eye thing a lot and I find it annoying.  But then again I find her annoying.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Bill Maher did a montage on his show Friday of some awfully salty language from DT. I couldn't find it online, but I found this from two years ago. The first 1:30 is the pertinent part.

This video is shown above.  I always expect Ms. McCain to have a double standard as far as language is concerned.  Although I expect Sunny to get the vapors each time she hears* anything one might consider "dirty"...her coy shock still irritates me too often.     *Or hears about it and has to research to hear those "bad words," just to determine how upset she should appear.   And...I don't dislike her; I just dislike the persona she has created.

• Love 11

Am catching up today's show on Hulu.  What struck me is how outraged MM was and yet has the nerve to say that she was raised on values....................................of the GOP.....................It's as if she thinks only the GOP raises values of democracy, liberty and freedom.  Yet she is the first one to defend that what she is offended by today, tomorrow - so stay tuned.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Friday: Meghan mocks Joy for being terrified of the way things are going in the world.

Monday: Meghan says, tearfully, it's "petrifying" living in Trump's world.

She's looney.

Exactly.  Meghan switches sides so fast my head is spinning. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Fannysue said:
9 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I find Oprah's guy Adam creepy as hell.

Creepy and repulsive!

FannySue, I can't take the credit for the first sentence (bolded), that's BronzeDog's.   I just added a couple of cents about phone sex.

Edited by Former Nun

Yes, that Adam guy has a weirdly creepy voice, which seems like an affectation, not his real voice.  he comes across as patronizing. 

The "View your Deal"  stuff - the plastic molded bag looked like cheap stuff you could get at Walmart.  Fine for beach, or whatever, nothing wrong with it.  But the idea that everyone will be asking where you got it?  give me a break.    And the man's bag -  one version was made of "vegan leather"  which I guess is what we're calling fake leather now?  

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Poor Joy. My in-laws have a bagel cutter (like a mini-guillotine) - so much safer.

I just can't take MM anymore. Ugh.

I can't take her either. However, for once, she made sense, in denouncing, Trump, legitimizing a monster like Kim Jong Un. It was unnerving, to see the American flag, side by side with the North Korean flag.  Nothing good will come of this summit. This was just a photo op, that Trump and Kim will use as propaganda for their respective political agendas. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
14 hours ago, Fannysue said:
21 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I find Oprah's guy Adam creepy as hell.

Creepy and repulsive!

Who is Oprah's guy and when was he on?  And what kind of guy is he? LOL

13 minutes ago, Wings said:

Who is Oprah's guy and when was he on?  And what kind of guy is he? LOL

The "view your deal"  guy who was on Monday showing stuff that Oprah likes.  He has a weirdly fake very low voice. Like he's trying to be soothing, but it comes across as condescending.

• Love 3

re: monday's show... MM uses "siren song" in reference to DeNiro's tony thing... uh... another misuse.

and CAG (creepy adam glassman) breathlessly telling us to "STOCK UP" on gym bags.... HUH???

• Love 4
1 minute ago, backformore said:

The "view your deal"  guy who was on Monday showing stuff that Oprah likes.  He has a weirdly fake very low voice. Like he's trying to be soothing, but it comes across as condescending.

Ah thanks.  I don't watch that.  

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I can't take her either. However, for once, she made sense, in denouncing, Trump, legitimizing a monster like Kim Jong Un. It was unnerving, to see the American flag. side by side with the North Korean flag.  Nothing good will come of this summit. This was just a photo op, that Trump and Kim will use as propaganda for their respective political agendas. 

How can she take such an about face?  I think her dad may have had something to do with this.  She has been exceedingly adamant defending Trump.  Finally she sees the danger, so that is good but I find it hard to give her praise because I know she will turn around again.  This is an obvious danger but there is so much more to fear that she does not acknowledge.  And it is all related to Trump's actions to become a dictator/monarch.  All of it. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 19
(edited)

Meghan!  STOP with your insane need to 'represent' your party!  Jesus.  There are plenty of republicans who see the mess this party is in!  Ana is an example who is under your nose.   I would not be surprised to hear his cabinet is freaked out but staying mum because the money is good.   

And, btw, wearing fake ripped jeans is stupid.  Kids don't even do that anymore.  And with heels?  And they aren't even fake faded.  Everything she wears, every expression on her face and everything she says irritates the fuck out of me.  GO AWAY!  

End of rant, exit stage left.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I was moved by the inspirational segment with Letitia Conliffe. 

Me, too! I cried right along with her. I wish they did more segments like this and canned the whole View Your Deal thing. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

Me, too! I cried right along with her. I wish they did more segments like this and canned the whole View Your Deal thing. 

When Rosie was on the show, they did a lot more heartwarming segments such as this. To Rosie's credit, she would ALWAYS personally contribute to the guest. The show used to be more balanced and not so politically driven, but The View has been reduced to 30 mins with MM hogging most of those precious minutes.

I just want to say, "I'm sick of Oprah's damn favorite things!"  That plastic purse was hideous!  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

Joy cut her hand and was in the hospital on IV antibiotics? That must have been really bad.

Joy had "Avocado Hand," and hers resulted in an infection that required hospitalization.  Many also injure nerves and/or tendons.  "Sheel Sharma, M.D., clinical associate professor in the Wyss Department of Plastic Surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center, said he's seen an uptick in avocado hand injuries in his practice.  'Avocados are becoming a much more popular fruit and a dish people feel more comfortable preparing,' he told CBS News. 'I've definitely seen an increase in the number of injuries to the hand from slicing avocados.' "

• Love 3
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Darn when I noticed my DVR was not going to record because west coast has parade televised. No Jon Hamn!? 

You're a day ahead of yourself, athousandclowns!  The good news is that Jon Hamm is scheduled for tomorrow.

• Love 4

I'm glad Joy seems to be alright now. I'm surprised it was so bad she ended up staying overnight at the hospital, but maybe age was a factor in that decision and they thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

Maybe it's just me, but Meghan looked irritated that the audience clapped and cheered for Joy. Maybe you could have been liked, too, Meh-gun, if only you hadn't made the choice to be a vile shit when you started on this show.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad Joy seems to be alright now. I'm surprised it was so bad she ended up staying overnight at the hospital, but maybe age was a factor in that decision and they thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

Joy said her hand got infected and I know from first hand experience that can happen quickly.  A few years ago my dog bit me (he had just had a seizure and I reached out to touch his forehead).  I immediately went to the ER and the bite on my hand was already infected.  They gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me come back the next day for a wound check.  I came back and they admitted because the infection was starting to streak up my arm.  I spent the weekend in the hospital on IV antibiotics, painkillers every four hours and could eat whatever I wanted.  It actually wasn't too bad.

• Love 14

Oh yeah man, the older I get the more I realize yipes, better get that bite or cut taken care of.  Poor Joy!  Dog bites can be serious Miss Blondie, glad you made it through. But we love them, doggies are worth it.

• Love 6

So Meghan liked the concept of the show Roseanne: "a middle-America Red State family being portrayed on TV."

Chick?

The Connors live in Lanford, Illinois.

Ill-in-ois.

The bluest of blue states in the Midwest.

Sheesh.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Catnip said:

I was moved by the inspirational segment with Letitia Conliffe. 

I loved this segment. It was like "Queen For A Day" for a very deserving woman. I loved that she kept missing the additional gifts because she was crying!

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

So Meghan liked the concept of the show Roseanne: "a middle-America Red State family being portrayed on TV."

Chick?

The Connors live in Lanford, Illinois.

Ill-in-ois.

The bluest of blue states in the Midwest.

Sheesh.

Right. And the family included a gender-nonconforming child. 

Meghan obviously never saw the show, she is confusing it with a different show.

• Love 14
(edited)
47 minutes ago, backformore said:

Right. And the family included a gender-nonconforming child. 

Meghan obviously never saw the show, she is confusing it with a different show.

Dj also had a biracial daughter... Megan defended the show because she has to do it, as a Republican.  Personally, I thought that the reboot made fun of both liberals and conservatives.  They also took some digs at Fox News..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12