Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Horrified said:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but how does Nicole get to take May out of the country?  Don't you need some kind of legal document from the other parent stating that they have given permission?  And if the Dad is out of the picture, how do the authorities verify that?  Just wondered how this all goes down......

If the child is accompanied by only one parent, the parent should have a note from the child's other parent. For example, "I acknowledge that my wife/ husband is traveling out of the country with my son/ daughter. He/She/ has my permission to do so."

If a single parent has sole custody, a copy of the court custody document can replace a letter from the other parent.

https://www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/travel-overseas

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Stripper Glitter said:

If the child is accompanied by only one parent, the parent should have a note from the child's other parent. For example, "I acknowledge that my wife/ husband is traveling out of the country with my son/ daughter. He/She/ has my permission to do so."

If a single parent has sole custody, a copy of the court custody document can replace a letter from the other parent.

I think you can also have a copy of the child's birth certificate showing that the Father line is blank. A friend of mine used to travel internationally with her kids that way, but that was quite some time ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2018 at 8:43 AM, bichonblitz said:

Didn't he live and go to school in the U.S. all of his life? No excuse for his poor grammar and lazy english. My grandmother came from Italy and never learned to speak english but my mother and her siblings spoke perfect english. Jorge is just a lazy slob. 

I think that would depend on his education. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Stripper Glitter said:

I have custody of my daughter and we travel internationally at least twice a year. I bring those documents but I’ve never been asked for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, Rt66vintage said:

Nicole's (blunted) female intuition is telling her something important, she needs to learn to trust that part of her brain. She knows she's running head-first into a bad situation. She knows her dress is inappropriate & ill-fitting. 

I honestly had a little sympathy for her tonight.  

I agree with everything but the bolded part. I have not one iota of sympathy for her. She is a trainwreck and is going to take poor Mae down with her. 

• Love 3

Helping Nicole pack and then actually driving her to the airport and assisting at check-in is more enabling behavior from Robalee. If she really had a problem with Nicole going to Morocco, she would tell her to find her own way to the airport. The whole family seems effed up.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So, Nicole's father agreed to co-sponsor Azan because Nicole threatened that she would move to Morocco and take Mae with her.  Well, she's going anyway and taking Mae with her, so what good did the enabling of her father do?  Robbalee and her father both give in to her in order to prevent worst things from happening, but they happen anyway.  Why not just say no to begin with rather than giving in to her demands and then having the same end results?

I bet Nicole's stepfather is pleased as punch that Nicole is all the way in Morocco. He won't have to listen to her delusional BS and look at her fat, lazy ass. The only negative is that she dragged May with her. 

• Love 9
(edited)
18 hours ago, Gobi said:

Loud music was blasted at Noriega in Panama, and may have been used at the Waco siege.

Yes.  They blasted Van Halen's "Panama" at Noriega for something like 24-48 hours straight on a loop.  They blasted music and annoying sounds at the Branch Davidians in Waco.

17 hours ago, A-Lo said:

I think Nicole is fine with Mae now when she's so tiny and compliant.  But just wait a few years when Mae's cognitive skills really begin to develop and she realizes what kind of a

lame mom she's been saddled with and how easy it will be to manipulate her.  Nicole might get so fed up with her at that point that she'd relish giving custody to Robbalee which would, on the surface of things, look to improve Mae's situation considerably.  But then again, Robbalee parented Nicole and look how that turned out.

17 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

May will do the same in her turn. If she doesn't end up a pregnant teenager I'll--well I'll be very surprised.

She can just do what my husband's niece did (who never did one iota of stuff with her baby - just parked her in front of the TV while she played on social media all day, picking fights with girlfriends of her baby daddy, and other people, and causing general drama) when it comes time to register May for school and she's hopelessly behind:  take her from doctor to doctor until one says the child is on the Autism Spectrum (out of like 10 doctors, 9 said there was nothing wrong with the child except that she was neglected with regard to her early development).  That was a double win for niece - she gets paid by the state to stay home and take care of her needs (even while she's in school) so she doesn't have to work.  All of husband's nieces followed in their respective mothers footsteps - all of them had kids out of wedlock (each has more than one) and had them young (usually first one under the age of 20) and the fathers of their kids are all different.

Edited by funky-rat

If you want to know how Mae will turn out, look at Mollie’s kids.  Both her and Nichole are pretty much the same person.  

I don’t think Nichole spends a lot of time with Mae IRL.   And that is a good thing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

If you want to know how Mae will turn out, look at Mollie’s kids.  Both her and Nichole are pretty much the same person.  

You think? At least Molly has a successful business, and has provided a beautiful home for her girls. Not saying she puts her girls first, she definitely lacks in that dept., but I don't see how she can be compared to Nicole who has no future at all except chasing men around the globe.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

You think? At least Molly has a successful business, and has provided a beautiful home for her girls. Not saying she puts her girls first, she definitely lacks in that dept., but I don't see how she can be compared to Nicole who has no future at all except chasing men around the globe.  

Having a higher income doesn't seem to matter when the teenage daughter has left the home and moved in with her boyfriend to get away, and the normally gregarious young child who still lives at home has stopped expressing herself. Both Molly and Nicole are extremely selfish mothers. Molly has about 15 years on Nicole and should know better and be more mature. She isn't.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I bet Nicole's stepfather is pleased as punch that Nicole is all the way in Morocco. He won't have to listen to her delusional BS and look at her fat, lazy ass. The only negative is that she dragged May with her. 

He could possibly love her in some way, but he strikes me as not liking her very much. Nor do I blame him. No telling how much of her bs he’s had to tolerate because of her and his wife’s refusal to practice tough love.  I’d be the same way. Life is hard and unfair enough when everyone acts responsible and gets along, I don’t like unnecessary bs from others to have to live through. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Having a higher income doesn't seem to matter when the teenage daughter has left the home and moved in with her boyfriend to get away, and the normally gregarious young child who still lives at home has stopped expressing herself. Both Molly and Nicole are extremely selfish mothers. Molly has about 15 years on Nicole and should know better and be more mature. She isn't.

Well, having a higher income must mean something to a lot of posters here because it is mentioned time and time again that Nicole lives in a one room shit hole and how can she do that the May. She hardly feeds the child, for godsakes. 

The teenage daughter left because Luis moved in. Yes, awful decision on Molly's part to even consider marrying that tool and no doubt she has a few screws loose of her own but the daughter's were fine until he moved in. Then the shit hit the fan. 

• Love 1
On 6/19/2018 at 4:52 PM, Natalie68 said:

If they want to support Nicole, fine, do it by NOT giving cash.  Pay her utilities themselves, set something up with the grocery store, something.  But giving her cold hard cash and watching it being used on someone other than the one that needs it, May, is only to soothe them. 

exactly.  This reminds me of Intervention when the addict says, "Mom, I need money for gas!" when it's obvious that they're going to use it for another bag of heroin.  I am always yelling at the screen when I see these things.  Give Nicole a grocery gift card, autoship diapers, or fill her tank every week.  Don't just drop cash into the black hole leading to Morocco.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well, having a higher income must mean something to a lot of posters here because it is mentioned time and time again that Nicole lives in a one room shit hole and how can she do that the May. She hardly feeds the child, for godsakes. 

No one complains that Nicole is poor. She does live in a shit hole - it literally looks like a cat's litter box.  Poor people can be clean. And she doesn't appear to feed May anything other than junk food. Whether that is because she can't afford real food, or doesn't have a kitchen, or because she's too fucking stupid to know better, we don't know.  Either way, she's an idiot and lousy parent for sending every penny she can to her boy toy rather than providing a better life for her child. 

Edited by Quof
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, Quof said:

No one complains that Nicole is poor. She does live in a shit hole - it literally looks like a cat's litter box.  Poor people can be clean. And she doesn't appear to feed May anything other than junk food. Whether that is because she can't afford real food, or doesn't have a kitchen, or because she's too fucking stupid to know better, we don't know.  Either way, she's an idiot and lousy parent for sending every penny she can to her boy toy rather than providing a better life for her child. 

Ummm, yeah. That's pretty much what I said. She doesn't compare to Molly. She's worse. 

• Love 1
(edited)

No, it's pretty much the opposite of what you said - that people were slagging Nicole for being poor. No, they're not.

Edited by Quof
  • Love 1

We know Nicole lives in low-rent housing supplied by her grandpa’s church. She probably lives there rent-free. It’s barely big enough for her and May, there’s not enough room for Azan in that French fry sty. She doesn’t work anymore (she quit Starbucks last January) so other than the TLC money, she has no source of income. 

How is that going to look to the Moroccan authorities when she applies for the spousal visa? She is required to show income and adequate housing. How’s she going to fudge that paperwork, should it ever come to that. 

I’m annoyed that I’ve probably given this more thought than Nicole has. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Quof said:

Even Azan  criticized her for feeding May fast food. She’d only been in Morocco a few days and he noticed that so it must be true. Her defense was some mumbled bullshit that it wasn’t easy to cook everyday, blah blah, she’s busy and  fast and frozen food is okay. 

Busy? Lolling on her bed with her cellphone glued to one hand and or ear and daydreaming about Azan as if he were some teen idol, seems to be how spends her days. Florida has tons of farm markets, roadside stands that Nicole could purchase fresh fruit andveggies. She doesn’t because she’s lazy.   She isn’t doing anything to improve her and Mays situation by getting an education or working full time, cause  that would interfere with her fantasy life and  what little income she has is being sent to a scam artist, hoping that HE  will get a job and support her and May.

Molly is a shit mother also, but for different reasons. She isn’t taking food or shelter from her kids, but her obsession with Luis is taking away emotional security and leaving them feeling abandoned and insecure.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

The teenage daughter left because Luis moved in. Yes, awful decision on Molly's part to even consider marrying that tool and no doubt she has a few screws loose of her own but the daughter's were fine until he moved in. Then the shit hit the fan. 

She hardly feeds her? Uhhhh we see approximately 40 heavily-edited minutes of their lives. Mae isn't starving.

Having more money in the bank account does not make Molly better than Nicole. It hasn't made her any smarter.

19 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Molly is a shit mother also, but for different reasons. She isn’t taking food or shelter from her kids, but her obsession with Luis is taking away emotional security and leaving them feeling abandoned and insecure.

I'd argue that she is taking shelter from them, as her teenage daughter fled the home to stay with her boyfriend. The little one doesn't seem to be comfortable there either.

• Love 3

Molly can take care of herself, Nicole can't.  Molly wouldn't sell her home and business to go live in the DR, Nicole gives up her place and packs up the offspring.  In these instances, money matters. Molly has it, Nicole doesn't. They may be both chasing exotic flavors but Molly will get by and Nicole will have to run home to mama.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

On 6/19/2018 at 4:35 PM, seacliffsal said:

So, Nicole's father agreed to co-sponsor Azan because Nicole threatened that she would move to Morocco and take Mae with her.  Well, she's going anyway and taking Mae with her, so what good did the enabling of her father do?  Robbalee and her father both give in to her in order to prevent worst things from happening, but they happen anyway.  Why not just say no to begin with rather than giving in to her demands and then having the same end results?

May is not his blood relative. I'm guessing he couldn't care less, and also that he's the reason she doesn't live with Blobbalee.

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

She hardly feeds her? Uhhhh we see approximately 40 heavily-edited minutes of their lives. Mae isn't starving.

Having more money in the bank account does not make Molly better than Nicole. It hasn't made her any smarter.

I'd argue that she is taking shelter from them, as her teenage daughter fled the home to stay with her boyfriend. The little one doesn't seem to be comfortable there either.

Excellent point made. I was going along the lines that Molly’s home was something that she purchased with money she actually earned, unlike Nicole   who is living with May in a converted motel room probably rent free thanks to grandpa and sending what little $$$she did earn to a scammer. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't take issue with the amount of food she feeds Mae, I take issue with what she feeds Mae. It seems to be a diet heavy in fast food and convenience products. This could be because they live in a food desert, common in low income areas, because she's too lazy to cook, because her apartment doesn't seem to have a working kitchen, or because she's bought into the false economy of fast/convenience foods. However, as Mae is so young, her health and nutrition is setting her up for a lifetime. She lives in a state where farmer's markets are everywhere and if she is on WIC or SNAP, most farmer's markets take those benefits. To be clear, I am not saying that she should be judged in any way for being on either of those programs except for that it calls into question why she would want to sponsor a husband to the tune of thousands of dollars, and send him hundreds (at least) of additional dollars that she doesn't really have.

She seems to be proof that my mother may be right. She thinks that all high school students need a "Basic Life Skills" class, covering how to do laundry, balance a checkbook/bank account, write a budget, plan for living expenses, grocery shop on a budget for a week's worth of meals (with coupons), apply for a job & interview (with resume writing), perform basic sewing for a hem and a button, and cook a basic meal. The more I watch Nicole, I really don't think she has the slightest clue on how to do about half of those things. Those things make me feel sad for Mae.

It also disturbs me that it seems that Mae is in Nicole's company often. Molly, for all her flaws, does seem to have enough recognition that she needs to go to her support system for her children. Nicole seems to think of Mae as a bargaining chip and doesn't seem to want to give up control of her where Molly at least will call for help. I wouldn't judge Nicole nearly as harshly if she had gone to either of her parents (or her stepfather) and asked if they would keep Mae for the majority of her time in Morocco. She looked a little too gleeful when she got to shoot her mom down about keeping Mae.

• Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, MegD said:

I don't take issue with the amount of food she feeds Mae, I take issue with what she feeds Mae. It seems to be a diet heavy in fast food and convenience products. This could be because they live in a food desert, common in low income areas, because she's too lazy to cook, because her apartment doesn't seem to have a working kitchen, or because she's bought into the false economy of fast/convenience foods. However, as Mae is so young, her health and nutrition is setting her up for a lifetime. She lives in a state where farmer's markets are everywhere and if she is on WIC or SNAP, most farmer's markets take those benefits. To be clear, I am not saying that she should be judged in any way for being on either of those programs except for that it calls into question why she would want to sponsor a husband to the tune of thousands of dollars, and send him hundreds (at least) of additional dollars that she doesn't really have.

She seems to be proof that my mother may be right. She thinks that all high school students need a "Basic Life Skills" class, covering how to do laundry, balance a checkbook/bank account, write a budget, plan for living expenses, grocery shop on a budget for a week's worth of meals (with coupons), apply for a job & interview (with resume writing), perform basic sewing for a hem and a button, and cook a basic meal. The more I watch Nicole, I really don't think she has the slightest clue on how to do about half of those things. Those things make me feel sad for Mae.

It also disturbs me that it seems that Mae is in Nicole's company often. Molly, for all her flaws, does seem to have enough recognition that she needs to go to her support system for her children. Nicole seems to think of Mae as a bargaining chip and doesn't seem to want to give up control of her where Molly at least will call for help. I wouldn't judge Nicole nearly as harshly if she had gone to either of her parents (or her stepfather) and asked if they would keep Mae for the majority of her time in Morocco. She looked a little too gleeful when she got to shoot her mom down about keeping Mae.

She’s taking May with her because she thinks Azans family LOVED May so much and that Azan is just crazy about her.  If she leaves her in the US, then it will be easier for Azan to keep finding ways to delay the wedding and he and his family can pressure her to go home to  your daughter, she needs you. Once we get these issues settled you can come back and we can get married.

Those basic life courses... maybe a day or two spent on birth control... probably wouldn’t do much good but if just one unplanned pregnancy...

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, OrchidThief said:

May is not his blood relative. I'm guessing he couldn't care less, and also that he's the reason she doesn't live with Blobbalee.

I don't get that at all. I think he cares about May and Nicole and seems really frustrated at her stupidity. Just because they're not blood relatives means nothing. 

• Love 8

I think we're going to see many more babies from Nicole. As Robbalee said, "she wants to be loved..." and this is sadly how Nicole interprets casual sex. We don't have a clue as to what, if any, Nicole is using for birth control. Of course, more babies equals more government funds. Oh dear...

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I think we're going to see many more babies from Nicole. As Robbalee said, "she wants to be loved..." and this is sadly how Nicole interprets casual sex. We don't have a clue as to what, if any, Nicole is using for birth control. Of course, more babies equals more government funds. Oh dear...

That's another reason I don't think the grandparents should try to take Mae away from Nic. She'll just have another

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I don't get that at all. I think he cares about May and Nicole and seems really frustrated at her stupidity. Just because they're not blood relatives means nothing. 

Nah he was more interested in his lunch than listening to her blather about “her world” The guy is 80. A good meal and a regular bowel movement are the main things on his mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 6/17/2018 at 8:12 PM, iwasish said:

Soon as he found out he was supposed to cook, wash, iron, sweep and maintain the house. The Dominican Hazel. And play step daddy on top of it

I'm starting to lean this way on Molly/Luis.  I still think he is gross and has a definite mean streak, but come the f on. No way in hell was a 26 yo guy ready to play homemaker/daddy, I don't care what he said to make her think he might be.  Thinking back to the bachelor party last season, he probably felt like that was his first (and maybe only) chance to have his kind of fun. He may be evil incarnate or he may just be a guy who bit off way more than he could chew.  Molly has money and probably told him he wouldn't need to work, just help around the house and be a stepdad. Easy, right?

Only thing I can't excuse is him being a jerk to the girls. They didn't ask for this.

• Love 5
On 6/17/2018 at 10:07 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

Am I the only one who thought Russ and Pao were trying not to laugh during that entire argument at their house? I think maybe they were re-enacting an argument and had already made up/resolved it by the time that scene was filmed....or else the entire thing was scripted. Just me?

I kinda thought that too.  For whatever reason,  I thought their relationship at least was real, but more and more the whole thing seems scripted. 

• Love 1
On 6/17/2018 at 11:06 PM, KBrownie said:

I never said you were.

I don't believe they are equal parts terrible.  Agree or disagree about Pedro sending his family money, at least he's out working and earning the money he sends back and unlike Family Chantel, his mother and sister aren't in their lives on a daily basis constantly insulting and insinuating nasty things about Chantel.  Which is very ironic considering Chantel wants to hold on to Pedro's sister calling her a bitch from however long ago that was but has nothing to say when her parents start in on Pedro.  When Pedro's family starts in on Chantel with baseless and constant cruel accusations, then we can talk about equal.

And I really don't think she even called her a bitch, I think it was a translation issue. His sister didn't have the reaction of just calling someone a bitch; she kind of paused and then said "Yes!"  So someone who is arguing with you and is not fluent in English, is going to respond to your question in English "Did you just call me a bitch?" with YES, instead of SI? Possible, I guess, but doubtful. And yea, Chantel's family has gone way beyond calling him names. To me, a bitch thrown in here and there is at least real, compared to their passive-aggressive crap. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kareem said:

Molly can take care of herself, Nicole can't.  Molly wouldn't sell her home and business to go live in the DR, Nicole gives up her place and packs up the offspring.  In these instances, money matters. Molly has it, Nicole doesn't. They may be both chasing exotic flavors but Molly will get by and Nicole will have to run home to mama.  

I see Molly having a hard time taking care of herself with multiple DUIs and a suspended license, meaning she has to get her 17 year old minor daughter to drive her around - and to the airport to pick up her boy toy. Like Nicole, I see Molly as someone who thinks she is entitled to the energy and efforts of her loved ones, so that she can make her life easier/better. That crushing sense of entitlement is the only way I can explain how a 40+ year old woman would think it logical that some 26 year old party boy would be happy to move in with her and be the Dominican Hazel. She just naturally assumes that everyone around her is there to be in service to her and her needs. I think it is just dumb, blind luck that she stumbled on to the right entrepreneurial formula. And we really don't know how much effort or influence she has on the business. All the success could be her partner's doing

12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Those basic life courses... maybe a day or two spent on birth control... probably wouldn’t do much good but if just one unplanned pregnancy...

Too bad abstinence only education is the norm rather than the exception. Pity though that we can't do a two-day intensive on the merits of birth control. We could get all the Teen Mom heifers to join in on that one. A little cross show and cross channel promotion. ;-)  

• Love 4

Someone here got hammered for mentioning money; I agreed with her and was responding to that above - "Molly can take care of herself".   Nicole can't.  Has nothing to do with her judgement.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

I see Molly having a hard time taking care of herself with multiple DUIs and a suspended license, meaning she has to get her 17 year old minor daughter to drive her around - and to the airport to pick up her boy toy. Like Nicole, I see Molly as someone who thinks she is entitled to the energy and efforts of her loved ones, so that she can make her life easier/better. That crushing sense of entitlement is the only way I can explain how a 40+ year old woman would think it logical that some 26 year old party boy would be happy to move in with her and be the Dominican Hazel. She just naturally assumes that everyone around her is there to be in service to her and her needs. I think it is just dumb, blind luck that she stumbled on to the right entrepreneurial formula. And we really don't know how much effort or influence she has on the business. All the success could be her partner's doing

Too bad abstinence only education is the norm rather than the exception. Pity though that we can't do a two-day intensive on the merits of birth control. We could get all the Teen Mom heifers to join in on that one. A little cross show and cross channel promotion. ;-)  

I agree with you 1000% when it comes to Molly.  She really is no better than Nichole.  Pretty sure there has been a revolving door of men through out the years.  If she has multiple DUIs, then she has a drinking problem which has to take a negative effect on the kids.   Just because there is a roof over their heads, doesn’t mean Molly’s kids live in chaos.  

Mae has her grandparents and her aunt very involved in her life.   We don’t see that on the show.  But that is in her favor.   

I can only speak for my kids, but in their school they were taught all about birth control. All types.  No abstinence.   Yet, my 20 year old is astounded how ignorant her high school friends are regarding  birth control since they all took the same class.  Either her classmates cut that day or they don’t care and want to get pregnant.   I just think that single motherhood has been so glorified or these girls are under the delusion that having a baby will keep a guy, they are ignorant on purpose.   

• Love 7

Let's just say things worked out between Molly and Luis, how long till Luis started sending money back home and how long till Molly started harping about that? 

It's a thing, it's in a lot of cultures to send money home, it you are not okay with that then maybe marrying someone from that mindset is not right for you...looking at you Chantal.

Why do these people choose to ignore or not talk about expectations before they commit?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Splithair said:

And I really don't think she even called her a bitch, I think it was a translation issue. His sister didn't have the reaction of just calling someone a bitch; she kind of paused and then said "Yes!" 

The thing that drives me crazy is that Sister Pedro NEVER called her a bitch at all, Chantel misinterpreted the Spanish word for "period" (meaning end of discussion) for "whore." This scene has been replayed dozens of times and surely Chantel has seen it and realized her mistake (and that perhaps her Spanish isn't as good as she thinks!) Sister and Mother Pedro were laughing at Chantel's over-the-top reaction and how she stormed out of the room swearing. To me, basing much of the sister-in-law animosity story-line on this one scene is, as Pao would say, "ree-dick-uh-less." 

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I agree with you 1000% when it comes to Molly.  She really is no better than Nichole.  Pretty sure there has been a revolving door of men through out the years.  If she has multiple DUIs, then she has a drinking problem which has to take a negative effect on the kids.   Just because there is a roof over their heads, doesn’t mean Molly’s kids live in chaos.  

Mae has her grandparents and her aunt very involved in her life.   We don’t see that on the show.  But that is in her favor.   

I can only speak for my kids, but in their school they were taught all about birth control. All types.  No abstinence.   Yet, my 20 year old is astounded how ignorant her high school friends are regarding  birth control since they all took the same class.  Either her classmates cut that day or they don’t care and want to get pregnant.   I just think that single motherhood has been so glorified or these girls are under the delusion that having a baby will keep a guy, they are ignorant on purpose.   

Teen Mom was one of the worst concepts ever.  Every time someone said "No, it's good because it shows how hard it is."  Um...no.  It shows girls getting pregnant, getting attention, getting on TV, getting paid to sit around and cause drama - not good.  I've said it in the past, and I don't believe it was for this show, but we need to find a happy medium as society between shaming teen moms, as we did in the past (forcing them to quit school, etc), and making them rock stars.  I cringe when I see photos of huge lavish baby showers for teen moms on social media.  I cringe when I see parents bragging about how their pregnant daughter will have a big belly at prom and/or graduation (or their sons saying that about their girlfriends, as if it's a show of their manhood).  I cringe when I see senior photo shoots with teens and their babies.  Some of my husband's nieces got pregnant on purpose to keep their guy around - even after they saw other sisters/cousins go through it.  They apparently think their guy is different (and they all take off - every last one of them).  Their moms had revolving doors of men.  None of those girls have the same dad, and none of their kids do.  I just don't get it.

34 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The thing that drives me crazy is that Sister Pedro NEVER called her a bitch at all, Chantel misinterpreted the Spanish word for "period" (meaning end of discussion) for "whore." This scene has been replayed dozens of times and surely Chantel has seen it and realized her mistake (and that perhaps her Spanish isn't as good as she thinks!) Sister and Mother Pedro were laughing at Chantel's over-the-top reaction and how she stormed out of the room swearing. To me, basing much of the sister-in-law animosity story-line on this one scene is, as Pao would say, "ree-dick-uh-less." 

I agree she mis-understood, but his sister didn't do herself any favors when she replied "YES!" to Chantal.

• Love 10

My daughter is very tiny. She's 26, but looks about 16. When she was pregnant with my granddaughter she'd tell me that she'd get nasty looks from people. I thought she was imagining it. No. She wasn't. I was in an elevator with her when a lady and young daughter entered, and the mother looked at my daughter, sighed, and rolled her eyes. Boy, was I hurt and angry! Why on earth would someone do that? When I see a young teen mom, my heart goes out to her because I know she's in for a struggle. 

The Teen Mom show makes it seem like it's easy peasy. They're a bunch of kids--by definition not yet mature, masquerading as responsible grownups. They don't need money and a show. They need birth control, therapy, and an education.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I agree she mis-understood, but his sister didn't do herself any favors when she replied "YES!" to Chantal.

I always thought Sister Pedro's reaction was like, "Sure, why not, now that you mention it!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Let's just say things worked out between Molly and Luis, how long till Luis started sending money back home and how long till Molly started harping about that? 

If things worked out between Molly and Luis, do you honestly Luis would of worked outside the home?   Molly expected him to basically be a house husband and take over Olivia’s job in caretaking Kensley and driving Molly’s ass around.  He would have no money to send home.  I don’t blame him for wanting out.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

Now THERE'S a twist!

Nicole shows up, poofy décolletage dress in hand, demanding a wedding from the man who groused about buying a $9 ring.

That's absolutely consistent with behavior we've seen from her to date.

I think you're right.

Wait wait wait ... what did I miss? When did this happen? Was it the engagement ring set he bought Nicole? Because you could tell just how fake it was.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Wait wait wait ... what did I miss? When did this happen? Was it the engagement ring set he bought Nicole? Because you could tell just how fake it was.

Nicole must have bought the ring she’s wearing... it fits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Splithair said:

And I really don't think she even called her a bitch, I think it was a translation issue.

YES! She didn't say "puta" she said "punto" because she wasn't even talking about Chantel at the time, she was making a declarative statement. She said something like "just leave him, that's it." or "that's the point" or something along those lines.

• Love 6
On 6/18/2018 at 3:36 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

Join Couple Chantel and get offa my television, lady. 

Bwahhaha.. the Couple Chantel.. that's a new one.. I love it.

The Couple Chantel went to the furniture store. The Couple Chantel fight over the Sister Pedro.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Couldn't agree more! I think it's great she can communicate with Family Pedro in Spanish, but misunderstandings happen even between native speakers. Manufactured drama.

• Love 4
(edited)

The ring set was shown VERY briefly in the first episode recap of last season. Her reaction was “It’s so PRET-tee!” just like the wedding gown. If I recall correctly, it was an engagement/wedding ring set with a "halo" style small center stone with a bunch of clear stones around it (I’m highly doubtful they were diamonds) and an insert style wedding band. She started wearing both rings together which fueled some speculation that they might have already gotten married (or more likely was too dumb to realize she should just wear the engagement ring.) There was some discussion of it in last season’s forum and the general consensus was that it came from the bazaar. I think it’s the same ring she’s wearing this season without the wedding ring. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2