Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

But Pedro’s sister is being an ungrateful bitch so I do not blame Chantel for being bitchy but Pedro is being an ass to Chantel and should have told Nicole to accept sleeping on the couch or get a hotel room but instead he is being an asshole to Chantel 

These two will be in a never ending circle. The family Chantal will shit on Pedro with their nasty attitudes and in return Pedro will make a shitty move as retaliation. They will never get off this ride.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

These two will be in a never ending circle. The family Chantal will shit on Pedro with their nasty attitudes and in return Pedro will make a shitty move as retaliation. They will never get off this ride.

Sadly, you are right and Pedro’s idea of moving away from Chantel’s family is not a bad idea even though Chantel do not like being away from her family but Chantel’s family just reams on Pedro every chance they get, they are toxic! 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

"I want to make my country proud and I won't let Russ hold me back." Wow you would think she was going for a Nobel peace prize, you are posing half nude get over yourself. She looked like a coachella reject

Honestly, she is an embarrassment to her country

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Chantel is supposedly an adult isn't she?  Nothing was foisted on her.  If she didn't want it, she could have said no.  She didn't.  So if her money being her money is good for her, Pedro can do whatever he wants with his.  You talk about partnership, but then talk about Chantel being forced to do stuff by her parents.  Which is it?  She can't be in a partnership with Pedro, but still under her family's thumb now can she?  The partnership she's in IS with her parents, not Pedro.  That's the problem.  If she had not let her family be as intrusive and rude as they've been, maybe she would have a leg to stand on when it comes to Pedro's family.  

Their relationship isn't a true partnership.  It never was.  It was Chantel and her family vs. Pedro from Day 1.  That's fine with Chantel because it works to her advantage.  As long as she is still is functioning with her family as a unit rather than an independent person, I have no problems with Pedro or anything else he does with his family.  What's good for one is good for all.  Chantel is just too stupid to see what a hypocrite she and her family are.  They also lack a basic level of self-awareness.  Another case in point.  She doesn't want drama from Pedro's sister, but lets her idiot siblings say whatever they want.  And the previews show Winter talking shit about Nicole?  Sit your lame ass down Winter and get a life of your own.  Equal partnership isn't one-sided.  Nor is it asking for one's permission when the other isn't held to the same standard.  

Chantel had no money. The prenup covered her potential inheritance from her parents’ business. 

I think Chantel is someone who doesn’t like conflict and doesn’t want to disappoint anyone. So she lets her family steamroll her and eats her husband’s bad behaviour. So no, I disagree with you on all points. 

37 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

No it's not her parents marriage but she still let them insult Pedro's family at every turn. Not their marriage but she's sitting in the investigators office with them.  She wants her family to be a package deal but has conniptions because Pedro is close to his family? 

Seems unfair.

She said they rarely see her family because of conflict, so it seems she did choose her husband over her family. Pity he didn’t do the same for her. 

• Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

Chantel had no money. The prenup covered her potential inheritance from her parents’ business. 

I think Chantel is someone who doesn’t like conflict and doesn’t want to disappoint anyone. So she lets her family steamroll her and eats her husband’s bad behaviour. So no, I disagree with you on all points. 

These are just excuses for Chantel to do anything she wants, but then criticize Pedro for doing the same as she does.  She doesn't like conflict?  Really?  She has no problem getting all up in Nicole or Pedro's face when she wants.  They flashed back tonight to her in the DR calling Nicole a skank ass bitch and making a scene at the hotel, didn't they?  Just another excuse.  She just can't assert herself and function as an adult when it comes to the groupthink of her family.  Real mature.

Disagree all you want.  Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.  Still doesn't make Chantel right or better than Pedro in any way.  

Chantel being Chantel doesn't give her the right to do whatever she pleases while Pedro has to follow her rules.  Especially when her ass doesn't even follow them.  I've said this before.  Chantel wanted someone who she could rule.  She didn't count on Pedro being just as good at her own game and just as invested in his family as she is.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

These are just excuses for Chantel to do anything she wants, but then criticize Pedro for doing the same as she does.  She doesn't like conflict?  Really?  She has no problem getting all up in Nicole or Pedro's face when she wants.  They flashed back tonight to her in the DR calling Nicole a skank ass bitch and making a scene at the hotel, didn't they?  Just another excuse.  She just can't assert herself and function as an adult when it comes to the groupthink of her family.  Real mature.

Disagree all you want.  Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.  Still doesn't make Chantel right or better than Pedro in any way.  

Chantel being Chantel doesn't give her the right to do whatever she pleases while Pedro has to follow her rules.  Especially when her ass doesn't even follow them.  I've said this before.  Chantel wanted someone who she could rule.  She didn't count on Pedro being just as good at her own game and just as invested in his family as she is.

If she had no issues with conflict with Pedro, he wouldn’t have thousands of dollars in gaming equipment, nor would he be sending $300 a month to his mother. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Pedro’s sister is a piece of work.  I kind of was indifferent on Pedro before but really Chantal and Pedro and their families all deserve each other, they are all awful.

Pao’s friend is an asshole and it sucks that Pao’s parents like him.  Hopefully they get to see this show to see how he is playing people. Pao is an idiot to not see how much of an asshole her friend is, but I guess she is too self-absorbed to notice.

I don’t understand why David would get a reversal.  He has biological kids and Annie wants a baby so buy sperm.  That is way cheaper and also reduces the risk as olde Dads are the cause of many birth defects too.  Then Annie can pick a donor better than David ?

Edited by fountain
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, pinky33 said:

Pao is way too invested in her "friendship" with Juan, and is more distraught about not seeing him again than she is about her "miscarraige" and dying grandmother. Priorities Pao. And the way she smirked when Juan AGAIN insulted her husband made me want to punch her in the face. And yeah, I'd be shocked if she hasn't slept with that photographer. Also, there are people in Columbia who want to buy a calendar with Pao?

Why, of course every patriot in Colombia would want a Pao calendar! I'm sure they'd be so proud to have Pao's painted nipples alongside their child's art work on their fridge! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Chantal can make some of her famous authentic Dominican white rice.

And open a can of beans! Or ask Pedro’s mother to share her recipe for Crispy Chicken Feet! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, zenme said:

Why, of course every patriot in Colombia would want a Pao calendar! I'm sure they'd be so proud to have Pao's painted nipples alongside their child's art work on their fridge! 

Maybe if Pao was Miss Universe?

• Love 1
(edited)

If she had no issues with conflict with Pedro, he wouldn’t have thousands of dollars in gaming equipment, nor would he be sending $300 a month to his mother. 

You're suggesting that she's NEVER said a WORD to Pedro about how much he sends to his family or how much he spends on video games because she doesn't like conflict?  

Almost EVERY episode is her telling Pedro, her family, or the cameras about how Pedro shouldn't spend money on the things that he does.  There are plenty of examples of her DIRECTLY complaining to Pedro about both the things you mention and plenty of other stuff.   All anyone as to do is watch every segment of theirs.  Literally, every segment is her complaining.  She doesn't give a flip about conflict.  Unless she's rightfully on the receiving end of course.  Or telling her meddling family to butt out of her business.

Edited by KBrownie
The quoted post disappeared for some reason. Put it back
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

You're suggesting that she's NEVER said a WORD to Pedro about how much he sends to his family or how much he spends on video games because she doesn't like conflict?  Come on, now.  Let's deal in actual facts here.

Almost EVERY episode is her telling Pedro, her family, or the cameras about how Pedro shouldn't spend money on the things that he does.  There are plenty of examples of her DIRECTLY complaining to Pedro about both the things you mention and plenty of other shit as long as one isn't being willfully obtuse to make the facts fit an agenda.  All anyone as to do is watch every segment of theirs.  Literally, every segment is her complaining.  She doesn't give a flip about conflict.  Unless she's rightfully on the receiving end of course.  Or telling her meddling family to butt out of her business.

But she never says it directly. 

I was almost identical to Chantel in approaches when I was young. It’s obvious she is a conflict avoider. But I didn’t have a selfish husband, and his family weren’t leeches. So I can see what the issues are, and I am fairly certain she doesn’t argue with Pedro about things that bother her, just as she doesn’t confront her family. 

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

But she never says it directly. 

Except she does.  Every episode she does.

And even if she wasn't, then whatever the consequences of not saying anything are completely on her.  But poor, put-upon, princess Chantel.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

She doesn’t argue with him. That’s the difference. 

No princess would be living in a one bedroom apartment and studying on her bed while her husband games at the apartment’s only desk. Nor would a princess have lived without a sofa for two years. 

Yes. It's as though she doesn't discuss things with him calmly, rationally, and away from the situation.  Just like the money to the DR issue, and she just winds up exploding. Also, it was like she didn't want to see the PI, got roped into going because she didn't want to go up against Family Chantel, and then when she sat in and listened to the PI, she finally got the courage to say she didn't  want it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I forgot that we’ve had three seasons of totally different but equally unnatural hair colors on Pao! And fuchsia lipstick really clashes with this season’s horrendous red. 

Update! There was a fourth hair color early on (although it looks like a wig) 

When Molly was arguing with Luis outside the bedroom door, it reminded me of a mother yelling at a teenage son. 

D28EEDDB-7618-484C-A540-01FC6A700A35.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, shouldbedancing said:

If she was going to be this annoyed, she should stay away for the weekend with her parents.

And leave HER home?  No.

She needs to put her foot down with Pedro and this "money home" nonsense.  Now.  She needs to either be the first consideration in what he says and does, or she needs to divorce him.  His sister especially seems to delight in disrespecting Chantal.  That simply should not be permitted.  Period.

She also needs to cool it with her own family.  They are shit-stirrers in the extreme.

Speaking from 22 years of happy marriage here...

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

I love TLC lawyers. They’re a trip. This one talking to Molly has the oddest hair.

The Family Chantel's PI is also a trip with really bad hair -- I couldn't even tell what was going on there. Some kind of multi-colored bed head? She also had an astounding ignorance of people from other cultures sending money back to their families -- or she's more likely 'playing' Family Chantel for the green. . . "oh, we'll follow Pedro, follow his family in the Dominican." Chi-CHING with a trip to the beach thrown in.

• Love 19

They should have worked the word "hair" into the title, like "Hair today, gone tomorrow," or something like that.

It could be a good thing May is on the tablet or phone, rather than paying attention to what her dumbass mom is doing. Matter of fact, give Kinsley a tablet too!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Marilee said:

Here’s something I don’t get: How do these people know so little about each other before they get married? You can believe me that if I’m going to spend the amounts of money it takes to get someone here on a K-1 visa and then be on the hook for them for 10 freaking years, then I’m going know everything down to how many times a day they fart on average. 

I don't get this either. As someone who's been through the K1 visa process and married an immigrant, this whole thing is super weird to me. My husband and I met abroad, dated for a few years, lived together, etc. before we ever applied for the visa. (I mean, we met when I was living and working in his country so it's a little different.) What they're doing basically comes across as a mail order bride thing. More power to them, I guess, but it still feels like they know nothing about each other and then get surprised when the other doesn't live up to the expectations they had. 

• Love 9

I avoided this show until tonight after the Investigation Discovery show I planned to watch failed to record.  

It was ... reassuring? ... to see that absolutely nothing had changed with any of these couples.

Pao/Russ.   I'm probably in the minority, but I think Pao is great.   Russ is an oaf.  He could be having the time of his life if he'd quit being such a church lady (btw, Russ, plastering your hair onto your forehead won't anchor your hairline -- it's receding like the tide).    He should have punched candyass Juan in the kisser, flashed Pao a sly smile and said, "Now let's see about those body paints."

Anfisa/Jorge.   Still boring as ever.   No matter what comes out of Jorge's mouth, his face says "Huh?  Wha?"

Chantal/Pedro.   Chantal is still overdressing for every situation and Pedro is still the immigrant caricacture he's always been.  Sister Pedro could have been concocted by a sitcom writer as well.   Something about Chantal always seems a little off, like her brain has a five-second delay or she's on some kind of medication.   She looked like Mrs. Magoo driving.    Why did her entire family need to be at the office of the private investigator (whose time, I think, would be better spent surveilling her own hair stylist who is obviously pretending to be something he/she isn't)?   Kudos to Mother Chantal for giving voice to what ought to be the tagline to this entire series: 90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After -- Things are About to Get a Whole Lot More Stupider.

Molly/Luis.   Good to see Molly getting exactly what she deserves for being such a moron.   

David/Annie.   Without friend Chris' hot, sassy wife, this story is not interesting.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Maybe someone can refresh my memory, did Molly travel back to “The Dominican” after she met Luis or was the next time she saw him when he arrived at the airport? 

She said on the show once that she went back once more and Luis was expecting her to be like the woman who was there on vacation those two times. So, I think his arrival here was the first time they spent time together that wasn't alcohol-fueled party time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I cannot believe we have another season of Pao and Russ doing exactly what they did last year: fight about Juan and her "cuh-REAR". Oh, and did you guys know she likes to be sexy?? Poor dying grandmother has to take a backseat to Pao basking in being a Columbian bad girl. Russ is a cross between Butthead and Popeye.

Dear TLC, I am begging you, no more Russ and Pao. I promise to watch every episode of Duggars if you spare us these two.

I wonder if Chantel and Pedro's apartment has a balcony, because perhaps Sister Pedro would be more comfy sleeping in a hammock out there.

How much does it suck to be Annie?! 

Nicole definitely lacks the optimism she had on prior visits to Morocco. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Christina said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Maybe someone can refresh my memory, did Molly travel back to “The Dominican” after she met Luis or was the next time she saw him when he arrived at the airport? 

She said on the show once that she went back once more and Luis was expecting her to be like the woman who was there on vacation those two times. So, I think his arrival here was the first time they spent time together that wasn't alcohol-fueled party time. 

Only one more trip back? So they actually spent very little time together before she brought him to the US! And she’s so shocked that “he changed” into someone she hardly knew once he got here? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

The Family Chantel's PI is also a trip with really bad hair -- I couldn't even tell what was going on there. Some kind of multi-colored bed head? She also had an astounding ignorance of people from other cultures sending money back to their families -- or she's more likely 'playing' Family Chantel for the green. . . "oh, we'll follow Pedro, follow his family in the Dominican." Chi-CHING with a trip to the beach thrown in.

I think Family Chantel have found their American dollar harvester.

Am I the only one who experiences inappropriate rage every time Mother and Father Chantel strike their standing pose?  It's like there are literally two tape marks they stand on.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

And no signs that she just had a miscarriage a few weeks ago. Not even a mention of it

and why was her hair covering her tits the whole photo shoot?

Because she wanted to “make Colombia proud of her.”

Those were her exact words when she was explaining why she wanted to shoot the calendar.

I wonder if her dying grandmother would have been proud of her for modeling for that calendar shoot. Does Pao even remember why she is “supposed to be there” in the first place?

I’m sure ALL of Colombia knows exactly who she is, tunes into this show each week and roots for her like the international star that she thinks she is (in her own head) and like up for miles to get her autograph. (Said no Colombian ever)

It’s a good thing she hasn’t started modeling hats yet. Could her ego BE any more overinflated?

Her dad was hilarious with the wee bit of shade he threw at her for her “small moral transgression.” I’m pretty sure I laughed harder than I was supposed to.

• Love 18

How much does it suck to be Annie?! 

With the money David has already spent on water buffalo and other bullshit, Annie and her family come out ahead financially at this point whether the marriage works out or not. She has already profited. Annie is as bad of a gold digger as Anfisa and Pedro. 

• Love 7

I was bored this week so I started really noticing how horrible the editing was.  Molly and the Dior box drove me nuts, but I had fun with Anfisa and Jorge.  During their discussion at the breakfast bar the cat's butt kept appearing and disappearing behind Jorge.

I think the hair of Molly's lawyer was dyed, not a toupee.  It was matte and absorbed all light.

Azan is a genius.  Instead of taking Nicole to a private residence, where it would be difficult to avoid her clutches, he takes her to a hotel where they can't share a room.  Wasn't so much of an issue during her first visit though, where the separate rooms didn't prevent a hook up.

"classy", or not, I see no need to share my nipples with my father.  And why do I feel like Pao has some super shady past, like drugs, or prostitution, that weasel face knows about, hence her loyalty to him.

Sister Pedro came in hot and super bitchy.  I was on the side of Chantel for once.  The PI knew her audience well.  I will make you super paranoid so you give me lots of money to do an international investigation.

Zero sympathy for Annie.  She knew everything before coming over.  There's no blindsiding here.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, millennium said:

No matter what comes out of Jorge's mouth, his face says "Huh?  Wha?"

HAHAHA!! And that open mouth. He should get “Doofus” tattooed on his forehead and call it a day.

17 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Every time Russ establishes a line that can't be crossed, Pao crosses it and Russ gives in.  Pathetic.  

I forgot they were on this show, honestly. Pao needs to look at some of Kathrtyn Dennis’ modeling photos to realize she’s too heavy for any type of modeling work. Unless it involves a pole and a g-string.

I think she knows it already, judging from the photoshopped photo of her trying to slim down her waist.

• Love 6