Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/14/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I thought I would let you all know. God, she was screeching so loud, I just had to turn that shit off. 

And she wasn't even pissed!!

5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I will say Meghan's voice is giving me a headache. Also-she needs to stop beginning every damn sentence with "I will say".

She should be told that she can start a sentence that way ONLY if she sits up very straight, wears her monacle, and uses a British accent.    Oh...replace the mug with a teacup.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

One of my FB friends said the original word is laurel, with yanni imposed over it in a higher pitch. People with hearing loss will not hear the higher register. My husband can only hear laurel even with his hearing aids. I, like Sara, have heard both at different times.  Not sure what that means. Lol.

what DOES that mean? i've also heard it both ways. now it's got me thinking about what it means to my brain.

• Love 2

The Yanni problem........Oh God, as gal with severe hearing loss I actually hear Yanni. This is just down right silly. If I heard it, then anybody can. I'll just take my blue gold dress and kiss myself.

• Love 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh hey guys and gals who watched today's show...Did you know that RBM's father is dying of cancer? I thought I would let you all know. God, she was screeching so loud, I just had to turn that shit off.  Alan was adorable though, and who was that NO NECKED MONSTER before him? (Sorry but I just love to quote Tennessee Williams) ---- oh the mendacity!  Yeah, I went there. Burp. 

They are Megs friends, don’t ya know.  She thanked them for that.  God knows why. 

They probably knew little Meggie when dad brought her to work.  

I hit pause to stare at his wife’s lips.  They had a Daffy Duck flair in profile.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
(edited)

Never seen him before this interview, but Baier is down with a severe case of bothsideism. When Joy asked him about Trump lying, his response was "A lot of people believe The Resistance is lying." .... "The Resistance" is such a diverse crowd accompanied by thousands of people--from many different parties and political persuasions (ie, BOTH SIDES)--that it seems a ridiculous deflection to even compare an enormous group that he doesn't follow individually to one person who actually is recorded and fact-checked every single day. He clearly thinks "being fair to both sides" means equating things that aren't equal at all.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15
(edited)
11 hours ago, SoapySales said:

Yeah, it really is weird. A few weeks ago she was going to "filet" James Comey about the Russian collusion probe, now she is saying "there is a lot of smoke." Does she think we forget this stuff?

She clearly has as little opinion of the audience at home as she does the one in the studio, because we don't forget that easily. This is definitely not the real Meghan. Somebody's real self wouldn't take 10 months to reveal itself. Which is why her artificial, transparent attempts to appear nice and amiable now fall completely flat for me. I'm sure she'll keep riding that sympathy train for as long as she can though.

9 hours ago, May Jacks said:

I see they are back to spreading that lie about the Clinton campaign working with a foreign government for oppo research. Both sides! Both sides! Sara's an idiot too.

Yes, she is. I have a feeling this was an attempt to bridge the rest of the table with Meghan so that Meghan doesn't feel alone and break out into hysterics again, but having to push lies to accomplish that is not a good look on Sara.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 14

One difference between Meghan and Bitsy:  Meghan has friends are polyamorous.  Bitsy would ask if they were going to marry their toaster.

Loved Joys saying she didn't want to fake and orgasm with 2 guys.  I love her snark. Oh, and Sunny will stay married if Manny cheats.  Hmm.  That could possibly come true being that he is a surgeon.  I'm in health care and you would not believe the number of doctors who met wife number two working at the hospital.

• Love 5
On 5/16/2018 at 4:35 PM, Orillia said:

That was like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Everyone being nice and getting along, a few laughs, Sara talking about Socrates and Aristotle and then going on to quote Ghandi. and an excellent ending. What's going on ? But I have to say seeing the look on those kid's faces when Kobe came out was one of the nicest things I've  seen in a long time. I felt so happy for them. Don't worry the old Meghan will be back before you know it. I hear they're giving odds in Vegas.

Lol, funny.

6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Ever since the news broke about Kelly Sadler saying “he’s dying anyway,” in reference to Meghan’s dad, there’s been a shift in her level of nastiness - I mean, I’m not saying she’s reformed or anything but I wonder if the whole thing made her realize how stupid she looks, doing mental gymnastics everyday in an attempt to defend this administration? At this point, I’m wondering if all her “good friends” who voted for Trump also talked to her? She gave Sunny credit and acknowledged Sunny’s expertise as a lawyer. S u n n y. On another day she admitted how hard it is for her to give this administration any credit. Maybe it’s because her mom got involved in the drama when she tweeted about the children/grandchildren of Sen. McCain? I’m not expecting her to last being this nice for much longer but it’s definitely interesting. 

I am enjoying the time out for screaming.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:08 PM, Morgalisa said:

One of my FB friends said the original word is laurel, with yanni imposed over it in a higher pitch. People with hearing loss will not hear the higher register. My husband can only hear laurel even with his hearing aids. I, like Sara, have heard both at different times.  Not sure what that means. Lol.

I have had hearing issues my whole life and hear yanni very clearly and that's all I hear.

I think they play different versions - ?????  I didn't like the dress thing and could care less about this.  They can manipulate anything with a computer.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I'm in health care and you would not believe the number of doctors who met wife number two working at the hospital.

...and the number of women (mostly) who seek out work in hospitals hoping to be Doctor's Wife No.  ____  ____ ____ ____ 

• Love 5

I wonder. Meghan has been the voice of Trump's "base" since she came on the show.   She often expressed opinions, not by owning them herself, but saying she was explaining how Trump supporters thought.

So now, when comments against her dad have come out of the Trump administration, she has been a bit more critical of trump and his supporters. And she's been more relaxed, more relatable, even at times happier. There was the one comment she made, against Trump supporters, that caused the audience to applaud, and you could see her soaking that up. 

Perhaps now that she has dropped the pretense of blind  support of everything republican, she is more relaxed and actually speaking her own mind.

(I still can't stand her)

• Love 14

Sunny's reaction to the mention of polyamory was indicative of how out of the loop these ladies are with modern culture and lifestyles. And I was shocked than Megan knew about it though!

No, Sunny, polyamory isn't a married couple with a "sidepiece". I personally know a poly household of five people who worked out a way financially to build a house together and live as a unit (reminiscent of communes). None of them are married to anyone. Everyone can come or go sexually, be asexual, or commit to one or another, and since they're all in their 60s (and one is someone prominent in the entertainment field) when someone gets sick or needs help, there's a built-in safety net. It's also MUCH more economical to live this way, leaving them discretionary income to travel, for creative interests, etc. It especially adds up for people in this age group, for whom marriage-for-kids no longer makes legal sense.

Get over your prissy little self, Sunny. Fine if you don't want to do it, but it works well for those who do...who don't have your gigantic family income.

I'm almost 60, and although only interested in hetero relationships, I can see being in such an arrangement.

• Love 7

Trump has went after her dad before so I would find it odd that what a Trump aid said, no matter how horrible, would cause her to turn her back on all things Republican.  I think it's more likely her dad is having some influence on her.  I've said many times while I'm not a fan of his he has never completely toed the party line.  But I still think there is underlying nastiness to Meghan.  She seems to have empathy for people who have similar experiences to her.  Veterans.  Military families.  People who have loved ones who have suffered grave illnesses.  But do I think she cares about society as a whole and wants everyone to do well?  No I don't.  At the end of the day Meghan is a rich privileged white woman who has never known what it's like to struggle for anything.  And not being invited to the cool parties doesn't count.

5 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Sunny's reaction to the mention of polyamory was indicative of how out of the loop these ladies are with modern culture and lifestyles. And I was shocked than Megan knew about it though!

No, Sunny, polyamory isn't a married couple with a "sidepiece". I personally know a poly household of five people who worked out a way financially to build a house together and live as a unit (reminiscent of communes). None of them are married to anyone. Everyone can come or go sexually, be asexual, or commit to one or another, and since they're all in their 60s (and one is someone prominent in the entertainment field) when someone gets sick or needs help, there's a built-in safety net. It's also MUCH more economical to live this way, leaving them discretionary income to travel, for creative interests, etc. It especially adds up for people in this age group, for whom marriage-for-kids no longer makes legal sense.

Get over your prissy little self, Sunny. Fine if you don't want to do it, but it works well for those who do...who don't have your gigantic family income.

I'm almost 60, and although only interested in hetero relationships, I can see being in such an arrangement.

One of my best friends who is a gay man was asked by two friends of  his, a gay couple, to be part of polyamorous relationship with them and he turned them down.  He jokingly said it would be too much work.  In all seriousness though, if it works for people more power to them.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, geekburger said:

Could this possibly be the Meghan without her putting on a show?

No. As the Late Great Maya Angelou said: "when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." This TWAT showed me who she was on her very first day.

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

No. 

Ditto.

Meghan is a nasty piece of work. And someone said up thread how "polite" or "calm" she is when she does the Sunday talk show rounds? Yeah, well, that's because she's surrounded by actual political pundits, commentators, who would eat her for lunch, and not coddle her arrogant ass, if she tried to challenge them with her brand of coded tribalism. So she very smartly keeps her trap shut. Unless she's getting a tongue bath. She had her ass handed to her last month.

• Love 16
(edited)

Well, Meghan just said she has a hard time finding anything funny that the white house does at the moment and that "everybody knows why." 

Joy says Meghan has a sense of humor off camera and Sunny agrees, saying "you're funny off camera." So one can only conclude that Meghan is putting on a show for the cameras, aka she's a fake and a phony? Got it.

I'm still really confused though. Trump has taken numerous digs at her dad yet she continued to defend him at the table, but the most recent comment is where she draws the line? Trump never apologized for anything else he said about her dad so why is she so offended now? I know Trump isn't the one who said "he's dying anyway," but it's still his administration.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6

MM defends Trump despite what he said/says/will continue to say about her father.

MM sold out to the celebrity devil for whatever "fame" she is reaping from this show.

No words.

• Love 7

The Weinstein issue is something they don't know much about either. I watched the Real and they spoke about Georgina and some of the women there had the same feelings as what the View said. But Jeannie Mai, who knows fashion, said that a lot of the women abused were forced to wear Georgina's designs. So even if she didn't know about anything, her line will always be tied to the monster that Weinstein is.

She suggested that if Georgina was serious about continuing, she should show more support for MeToo and donate money towards women shelters and the like. Then she should start a new line.

Since Jeannie knows fashion, I feel like this should be brought up. She may not have known but she benefited from her ex-husband's horrible behaviour.

• Love 4
(edited)

The only change I see in Meghan this week is that now she’s pissed at trump, his administration and some supporters because of the terrible comment that was made about her father. Now that it’s her on the bad end of things, she no longer cares to defend them. A lot of trump’s supporters tweeted that they be happy if her dad died so she seems to be stopping in their defense at every subject, as well. She also seems surprised that the other women on the panel have compassion for her problems even though she is the “other side”, which is just weird to me. Like she’s not used to people showing compassion across party lines. Another case of “oops, now it’s me and he’s a real bastard” that has been happening lately. 

Should clarify that she still must defend her brand of Republicans, she is trying to save the ideals she grew up with but is finding more and more, the party has changed to something indefensible.

Edited by whydoiwatchtv
Clarification
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Did Meggie say that she's a size 14?  Did I really hear that?  ?

If she's a size 14, I'll kiss her ass at high noon in Times Square!!

Also, what did Joy say at the end of the second segment, prefaced by "There are 8 million people in the naked city ..."

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Another case of “oops, now it’s me and he’s a real bastard” that has been happening lately. 

Exactly. Had that comment not been made public, she'd be right back to defending all things Trump and screeching at Joy and Sunny.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Yep. That's exactly what she said.

Sunny going on and on about Bethenny doing her PR charity work on camera got on my nerves. Bethenny is on a reality show and during the time it was filming last year that's what she was doing with a lot of her time so it's her main storyline this season. Sunny can keep on believing that most people are still thinking and caring about PR but the sad truth is a lot of them aren't. After Katrina people couldn't believe there were still devastated areas years later until they saw it for themselves. There are still big areas of New Orleans that look even worse then they did after Katrina because of the economics and race of the people who lived there. As annoying as Bethenny can be as least what she's doing on RHONY is keeping the fact that PR still needs help out there. 

• Love 14

Did anyone else's  feed cut away to a different segment about half way through. Right after John's 8 million naked people comment, I got an old segment with Whoopi and the gang discussing Caitlyn Jenner and the Kardashians. This went on fir about 3 minutes, then cut to the upcoming royal wedding discussions. Weird!

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

Did anyone else's  feed cut away to a different segment about half way through. Right after John's 8 million naked people comment, I got an old segment with Whoopi and the gang discussing Caitlyn Jenner and the Kardashians. This went on fir about 3 minutes, then cut to the upcoming royal wedding discussions. Weird!

It was due to a school shooting today.  I'm in Atlanta and they cut to the actual live broadcast with Dan Harris.  Not sure why they showed an old clip where you are located.  That is weird.  

Edited by A.J.
addition
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

It's possible - seems to be American sizing.  Apparently, Ashley Graham is a 14, also.  I would say more of a size 16 in Canadian sizes.

• Love 4

I was confused as to why Sunny was so upset with Bethenny Frankel's charity work in PR.  I would have thought that she'd be happy that Bethenny has brought the problems in PR to the forefront again.

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

It's possible - seems to be American sizing.  Apparently, Ashley Graham is a 14, also.  I would say more of a size 16 in Canadian sizes.

She may wear 14 bottoms but no way with her large breasts is that possible.   I still doubt it though. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I was confused as to why Sunny was so upset with Bethenny Frankel's charity work in PR.  I would have thought that she'd be happy that Bethenny has brought the problems in PR to the forefront again.

Sunny seemed to think Bethenny was exploiting the people of PR for personal gain and wasn't really interested in their well being. She also seems to be of the opinion that any help provided should be done behind closed doors. I was surprised that she seemed so bothered by it since nobody else seems to be bringing PR up anymore besides Sunny occasionally.

• Love 5

It isn't on here yet but anyone helping PR should be praised no matter what their reason.  She is wealthy and current and can bring attention to the problem no one else is addressing anymore!  Behind closed doors?  Why?  Many think they are back up and running because they are no longer in the news.  I say good for you Bethany.  I don't know much about her and I have not seen the show yet so maybe I am out of line or not understanding.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

One difference between Meghan and Bitsy:  Meghan has friends are polyamorous.  Bitsy would ask if they were going to marry their toaster.

Loved Joys saying she didn't want to fake and orgasm with 2 guys.  I love her snark. Oh, and Sunny will stay married if Manny cheats.  Hmm.  That could possibly come true being that he is a surgeon.  I'm in health care and you would not believe the number of doctors who met wife number two working at the hospital.

I love Sunny but hate when women say this. You might not have choice to stay married.  If hubby has an affair and leaves, you don't really have a choice.  I understand her point, she would want to keep her marriage intact and fix the problem,  but if dude falls in love and decides his life is with another woman, it's really not a marriage to save anymore. 

• Love 3

Hey Meghan, you are not a size 14, you have sized out honey.  They don't make your size in a number.  I would say you are like a 22 or 24, although they don't make those sizes any more, they just call it XXXL and XXXXL or Hippo. I'm glad you all warned me that she is going to say this today, so I won't spit my coffee all over my computer. Good God From Zion! Somebody is really bullshitting her about her clothes size. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Wings said:

She may wear 14 bottoms but no way with her large breasts is that possible.   I still doubt it though. 

Meghan is too big in the hips and waist to wear 14 pants. She is shaped like a can, not an hourglass.

Again today, she wears something that makes her look even heavier. These clothes do not have tags that say size 14!

• Love 6

Maybe the wardrobe people put the size 14 Rhino tags on her outfits to make her feel even better about her beautiful perfect blond self. Snort. I have heard designers do this sort of thing all the time for rich clients. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

My take away from Sunny’s criticism of Bethenny was that, for whatever reason, she doesn’t like Bethenny and would criticize anything she does. 

Very possible.  There is a lot of criticism about her around.  I have never seen her in anything so I don't know why Sunny may be put off by her. 

• Love 2

As someone who struggles with weight, I need to speak up about the comments about Meghan.  She is short-waisted, meaning there is not much vertical length between boobs and waist. This makes you look heavier. I have clothes that I wear that are size 12,14, and 16.(the 10's remain in the back of the closet)  So, yeah, if i had to answer as to what size I take, I might say 12, even though it's only partly true. I'd say Meghan is about a 16, she's not obese.

I have a sister who is a 22/24, and she has a much bigger belly than Meghan. She would not be able to sit in Meghan's chair. There's no way Meghan wears that size. There's no way Meghan is anything larger than an 18, especially in the expensive clothing she wears. (16 is now what the average American woman wears)

dont get me started on cheap clothing brands where a size XL is skin tight on the average sized woman.

• Love 15
(edited)

I think her wedding dress was 14 and why she brought it up.  I don't doubt Marquessa has vanity sizing.  

1 hour ago, backformore said:

(16 is now what the average American woman wears)

dont get me started on cheap clothing brands where a size XL is skin tight on the average sized woman.

I have jeans from Old Navy ranging in size 8 to 14 and they all fit the exact same way.  None of them fit me now because the 14 is a size 8 as with all of them.  Sizes are all over the road map not just cheap vs expensive. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, backformore said:

here's no way Meghan is anything larger than an 18, especially in the expensive clothing she wears. (16 is now what the average American woman wears)

6 minutes ago, Wings said:

Sizes are all over the road map not just cheap vs expensive. 

I have been in a store and looked at leggings in the juniors department that were size XS (don't hate me but I'm a thin woman) and the exact same leggings are in the ladies department labled small.  I held them up and they were identical.

And nicer brands do run bigger.

Yep, that is so true, I can wear a 4, 6, 8 and even 10 slack/jean. Beats the hell out of me.  I buy everything at a fancy thrift store which has expensive brands. But I stand firm, she ain't no size 14 folks. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Wings said:

Very possible.  There is a lot of criticism about her around.  I have never seen her in anything so I don't know why Sunny may be put off by her. 

I've followed Bethenny for a long time & she's definitely not above or adverse to grandstanding & publicity.  I think Sunny's benevolence comes from a more quiet place & doesn't feel any attention is appropriate.

• Love 6