Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

There's often extra trouble just outside resort gates, and not just in Mexico (but resorts are kind of boring so I like to get out regardless).

The visual I have of Mexico comes from a quick trip across the border in Texas (on a pre-planned trip with a large group of people,) many years ago, and it was a chaotic place, and not very nice- looking.  There were many children standing by the fence with their hands stretched out though the fence on the Mexico side (rather sad.)  The only other visuals I have come from assorted news channels over the years and movies like 'Man on Fire' (shot in Mexico City,) which shows the dark side of the city and the corruption there.  Honestly, I've never seen any news footage (on any network) showcasing the good side of Mexico.  I'm not dissing the country, and I'm not saying it's not there,  just that it's not what is usually presented.   I've spoken to many folks who migrated here from Mexico, and not a one of them wants to go back.  Plus, they wouldn't be making the arduous journey across the border if their home country was a great place.

I'm sure Kyle and her family will  build a house in a gated and secure location.  They certainly can afford it.  I'm sure where they're looking to build is a beautiful place, fit for the elite! 

• Love 2

I'm not saying that those images aren't true, just that they're not only what's true--and I'm not sure why we would see news footage here of happy-yet-ordinary goings-on in Mexico. You see those same sad scenes all over the place, not just Mexico. There was a time that all I "knew" of London was Big Ben, and there are probably people elsewhere who think that all of the US is what they see on this show that we're talking about--and, oof, would they be incorrect! (Haha, yikes--imagine what uninformed people must think of New Jersey if they base opinions only on those Housewives, Jersey Shore, The Sopranos, and, of course, images of the Turnpike!)

• Love 7
(edited)

Mexico is Mauricio's home country. He has family there. If he feels confident that it is a safe place to continue raising his family, I tend to trust his judgment. I can also see why he and his family might feel increasingly uncomfortable in the US. I actually thought Kyle's reference to keeping their options open was fairly understated.

Edited by bref
  • Love 9
On 5/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, nexxie said:

Oh goodie - I hope they show us the vault where Erika stashes her heart.

I heard that Geraldo Rivera was at the opening of the vault. It was empty. 

I loved Teddi's phone call to her father. I really hope we get to see/hear more interaction (or any!) with her dad next season. 

The oddest exchange I thought was with LVP and Ken when LVP asked Ken if he would marry her again (not the exact words but the jist) and he said no. Then she said she would not marry him either. Maybe it was supposed to be dry British humour but Ken seemed very serious. How odd for a couple who have been together for years and seem to always get along and have each other's backs. 

As others have mentioned, there were several nice moments/scenes with the ladies where they were getting along just fine. It would be nice if TPTB included more of this the regular episodes. I also got  a kick out of LVP and Kyle in each other's THs. I always thought those were filmed in each of the Howives homes, individually. 

• Love 10

Mexico is the 13th wealthiest country in the world.  There are bad parts, of course.  The bad parts are really bad.  There are also good parts.  One of my friends is in the process of moving there with her family.  One of my husband’s coworkers just got transferred there.  So yeah, people do voluntarily move there all the time. 

• Love 6

Considering the Umansky’s have flaunted their wealth on tv, (shown inside their homes and  high end belongings), yet were somewhat lackadaisical about home security - safety doesn’t seem to be high on their list of priorities. The state department travel warnings for Mexico range from level 2 to level 4 depending on the area. US employees are forbidden to travel to some areas because no assistance would be available if they needed it. 

A young man from nearby us in Ohio was recently brutally killed in Mexico and there have been many horror stories of tourists being harmed and killed. We were told you best not get hurt or sick while vacationing there because the resorts contract out for emergency care and the providers extort money before providing any assistance. 

There are many beautiful places to visit without risking one’s safety. I have traveled quite a bit in my life, but have never felt in danger like we did in Mexico. (Just my humble opinion)

• Love 8
(edited)

There are problems in the ritzy places as well.  My son is a pilot and he hates it there.  Puberta Viarta is a place one would think safe, it isn’t.  He never leaves the safety of the hotel complex and even there keeps his passport and iPad with him always.  Thieves abound. Nothing is secure even in the hotel safe at the front desk

We took the kids to Mexico on several vacations and had no problem in the Cancun area and just south of there in some small towns.  You just don’t know for sure where is safe and where not. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Happy Camper said:

I agree with you, but why? What is her motivation for wanting us to not like her? She confuses me.

If she makes you not like her first, then it's ok when you actually don't like her.  It's a defense mechanism.  She's totally insecure and I'd suspect she's pushed girls,then later women, away since she was young because she's the type of female that can't easily communicate with other females.  Hence the reason she gets along so well with gay men-- they're not threatened by her and will accept her.  (I'd suspect)

• Love 10

How the heck do I get that quote off of here?!?  Sorry.  Anyway, watching tonights 'secrets' show makes me so mad! I'm mad that I was given a whole season of petty nothingness when in one show I found myself laughing with the ladies and interested in what they were doing (except Dorit) and being entertained!  Why does Bravo insist on making the drama? I saw no drama in that beach picnic they were having at Teddi's beach house-- it just looked like fun and typical girl silliness.  I'd hang out with this group of girls (except Dorit) and enjoy myself.  That other group who's been prancing around in expensive clothes, shoes, and silly costumes throwing tantrums and making up petty arguments can stay far,far away from me.  The past season has been no fun, tonights lighthearted show was entertainment.  BRAVO--- show more of this!

• Love 17
22 hours ago, Pickles said:

Mauricio's "no assholes" t-shirt. Classy.

Isn't that the number rule for working at his company? They have it on signs around the building to remind the agents that being an asshole won't be tolerated. I just assumed it was more advertising for The Agency and I actually preferred it to the very obvious The Agency hats and shirts he is constantly trying to get on camera.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Finally got a chance to watch this and really enjoyed the beach party at Teddi’s - all that good stuff and producers focused on the Erika drama?! wtf

And, regarding that, it gives credit to "Teddi's version" of that night, because, watching that scene, you never imagine that Erika will leave in absolute pain...............................

• Love 18
On 5/17/2018 at 7:38 PM, ChitChat said:

I have come from assorted news channels over the years and movies like 'Man on Fire' (shot in Mexico City,) which shows the dark side of the city and the corruption there. 

Please, there are many major cities in the US that have a dark side and corruption. Mexico is a large country. The problems of drug trafficking and violence are mostly at the borders and around the beaches. When is the last time you heard of a school shooting in Mexico? Or a terrorist act that killed hundreds or  thousands of people?  A year ago, my son moved to a beautiful ex-pat community in Mexico and has never been happier in his life. The people are warm and helpful, the fresh food glorious and he never felt safer. Americans and Canadians that live there have told me that as far as safety you have to use the same common sense in Mexico as you do here. 

• Love 8
On 5/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, MatildaMoody said:

Isn't that the number rule for working at his company? They have it on signs around the building to remind the agents that being an asshole won't be tolerated. I just assumed it was more advertising for The Agency and I actually preferred it to the very obvious The Agency hats and shirts he is constantly trying to get on camera.

It’s a good policy. I hope that he doesn’t wear the T-shirt around Portia, however.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:10 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorit seems to have no idea what she’s doing with those children. Jagger is communicating better... communicating that his mom indulges him.

When a two-year-old berates his mother and shakes his fist, she needs to fast-forward 12 years and ask herself how cute it will be to have him yelling at her and shaking his fist when he's bigger than she is.  NOT so adorable, but by that point it's too late. 

Never did understand why people fail to straighten their toddlers out when they scream at their parents and decide they're the boss.  She'll regret that big-time if she doesn't stop indulging little "Munchkie" pretty damn soon.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

We saw lots of scenes of all the girls at dinner just laughing away.  When did Erika feel so badly that she had to go to a hotel? 

She talked about feeling bad to all of them, except Teddi, when she got to the house but then seemed to feel much better as the evening wore on. Which is why everyone was surprised that she left when/like she did, that being without telling anyone she was leaving, including her hostess.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

We saw lots of scenes of all the girls at dinner just laughing away.  When did Erika feel so badly that she had to go to a hotel? 

I wonder if Erika has such low self-esteem that she couldn’t risk being seen without makeup in the morning - it’s one thing to stay in a private hotel room with a private bath, and another to share a bath down the hall.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
On 5/18/2018 at 1:05 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I heard that Geraldo Rivera was at the opening of the vault. It was empty. 

I loved Teddi's phone call to her father. I really hope we get to see/hear more interaction (or any!) with her dad next season. 

The oddest exchange I thought was with LVP and Ken when LVP asked Ken if he would marry her again (not the exact words but the jist) and he said no. Then she said she would not marry him either. Maybe it was supposed to be dry British humour but Ken seemed very serious. How odd for a couple who have been together for years and seem to always get along and have each other's backs. 

As others have mentioned, there were several nice moments/scenes with the ladies where they were getting along just fine. It would be nice if TPTB included more of this the regular episodes. I also got  a kick out of LVP and Kyle in each other's THs. I always thought those were filmed in each of the Howives homes, individually. 

I saw the complete OPPOSITE thing you do did.  I thought "how cute are they"?  Me and the DH have that same humor.  When people ask us how long we've been married one of us will always respond "too long".  And if we were posed the same question... " would you marry me again"  my response would be along the lines of "No. Even if there was a gun to my head".

25 years and counting....and we simply adore each other.  what works for some, doesn't work for others.  :) 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I saw the complete OPPOSITE thing you do did.  I thought "how cute are they"?  Me and the DH have that same humor.  When people ask us how long we've been married one of us will always respond "too long".  And if we were posed the same question... " would you marry me again"  my response would be along the lines of "No. Even if there was a gun to my head".

25 years and counting....and we simply adore each other.  what works for some, doesn't work for others.  :) 

Oh believe me, hubby and I have said the same thing - kiddingly. Someone once asked us how long we had been together and we answered at exactly the same time "Too long!". I think many couples have the same sense of humour, which is one of the things that draws them together. And certainly our friends know that we have the same sense of humour, and know that we are crazy about each other. I just didn't get the warm fuzzies from LVP and Ken's exchange. 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Oh believe me, hubby and I have said the same thing - kiddingly. Someone once asked us how long we had been together and we answered at exactly the same time "Too long!". I think many couples have the same sense of humour, which is one of the things that draws them together. And certainly our friends know that we have the same sense of humour, and know that we are crazy about each other. I just didn't get the warm fuzzies from LVP and Ken's exchange. 

I am apprehensive about posting this, but  I would like you guys to weigh in. I don’t want to offend anyone; apologies in advance. Sometimes I wonder if Ken might be gay. I believe 100% that they love each other and would take a bullet for one another, but... There is something missing. I see a brother who adores and is very protective of his younger sister. (Don’t hate me....)

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, Happy Camper said:

I agree with you, but why? What is her motivation for wanting us to not like her? She confuses me.

they interviewed her on the Bitch Sesh podcast, and one of the hosts was saying she was always trying to make people feel comfortable.  Erika was like "no, I don't do  that, it's not my job..."

like wtf?  that's so rude!

I can't with the "I'm a bitch, either love me or hate me." or the "if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."  Yeah, I'll be over here drinking haterade, thanks!

• Love 9
On 5/22/2018 at 7:09 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am apprehensive about posting this, but  I would like you guys to weigh in. I don’t want to offend anyone; apologies in advance. Sometimes I wonder if Ken might be gay. I believe 100% that they love each other and would take a bullet for one another, but... There is something missing. I see a brother who adores and is very protective of his younger sister. (Don’t hate me....)

No hate here! :) But I don’t see it... I see someone older who’s probably on meds for all his ailments, and in pain, and probably not who he used to be. He may also not like to show his “mushy side” on TV. 

• Love 9

I wonder if Dorit knows an image of her is being used by some company in China that sells wigs. They have a picture of Dorit with those long french braids that go along both sides of her head!

I don't know how to attach the pic but anyway, it's on eBay. I did a search there for "wigs braids" and there's Dorit on the first page of search results. The seller's eBay name is WorkForCustomer. (In case anyone is as bored as I am right now and wants to check it out) 

• Love 2
On 5/22/2018 at 7:09 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Your not gonna offend anyone!

I don't believe he's gay. In this day and age we would know sooner or later. Cedrick would have outed him long ago. If he is, I hope he has had and continues to have a happy life.

I think his age and health have forced him to make adjustments and concentrate on his passions. Lisa and Ken are at that comfortable age in their marriage where they know each other inside and out, been through challenges and successes and love each other warts and all.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I wonder if Dorit knows an image of her is being used by some company in China that sells wigs. They have a picture of Dorit with those long french braids that go along both sides of her head!

I don't know how to attach the pic but anyway, it's on eBay. I did a search there for "wigs braids" and there's Dorit on the first page of search results. The seller's eBay name is WorkForCustomer. (In case anyone is as bored as I am right now and wants to check it out) 

I'd check it out but I don't want that popping up in my eBay search history from here on out.

;-)

• Love 5

Wouldn’t surprise me if ken vanderpump were gay. All he does is walk around holding fancy dogs who are dressed up in fancy outfits. Masculine does not describe him but boring certainly does. Omg could he get any less interesting?  He’s been like this from day one. Speaking of the vanderpumps, I would likewise not be surprised if pandora vanderpumps husband were gay. Ever seen him? As effeminate as they come. Where are the grand babies Lisa wants?  They’ve been married a while now. Me thinks there’s a closet in that house. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PortaBella said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if ken vanderpump were gay. All he does is walk around holding fancy dogs who are dressed up in fancy outfits. Masculine does not describe him but boring certainly does. Omg could he get any less interesting?  He’s been like this from day one. Speaking of the vanderpumps, I would likewise not be surprised if pandora vanderpumps husband were gay. Ever seen him? As effeminate as they come. Where are the grand babies Lisa wants?  They’ve been married a while now. Me thinks there’s a closet in that house. 

The whole sex on birthdays only thing, adopting their second child Max when Lisa was 31, Lisa always deferring to Ken, and somehow always living in Barbie Dream Houses.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PortaBella said:

You may be on to something...

• Love 3
On 5/18/2018 at 12:27 PM, Pickles said:

Mauricio's "no assholes" t-shirt. Classy.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:48 PM, bref said:

I rather liked it. 

I like it too in a laid-back way.

Great attitude to have for a company as long as everyone including the boss abides by it.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, PortaBella said:

Also, Ken sometimes wears outfits that are color-coordinated with Giggy’s. When they are both wearing lavender, I start to wonder...

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/20/2018 at 11:21 PM, Pattycake2 said:

I'm a woman in my mid 40s who has horrendous period pain and heavy,  like super plus tampon plus two super plus pads that I can bleed through in under an hour, periods.  So I can understand not wanting to sleep in someone else's bed.  A hotel with my own towels just in case seems better. The pain is not constant, but when it's there it's like active labor pain,  not the worst part of labor, but still bad. So,  I get that situation. They are however, all women,  she could have said something. That was rude how she left.  But it can be embarrassing, I suppose; and Erica,  as discussed, doesn't seem to have close girlfriends, so she was probably not comfortable talking about it. * Erica mentioned not wanting to make a mess( I'm paraphrasing here) and being in a lot if pain. So I'm extrapolating here. 

On a completely prurient note,  she's so cold,  and while gorgeous and dressed suggestively, doesn't seem sexual to me.  

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm a woman in my mid 40s who has horrendous period pain and heavy,  like super plus tampon plus two super plus pads that I can bleed through in under an hour, periods.  So I can understand not wanting to sleep in someone else's bed.  A hotel with my own towels just in case seems better. The pain is not constant, but when it's there it's like active labor pain,  not the worst part of labor, but still bad. So,  I get that situation. They are however, all women,  she could have said something. That was rude how she left.  But it can be embarrassing, I suppose; and Erica,  as discussed, doesn't seem to have close girlfriends, so she was probably not comfortable talking about it. * Erica mentioned not wanting to make a mess( I'm paraphrasing here) and being in a lot if pain. So I'm extrapolating here. 

On a completely prurient note,  she's so cold,  and while gorgeous and dressed suggestively, doesn't seem sexual to me.  

Well, she did talk about and on camera to boot but not to her host, Teddie, which is why Teddie thought her leaving like she did "weird". So, I don't think she was all that embarrassed talking about it, she just didn't like anyone calling out her rude behavior.

• Love 5
Just now, WireWrap said:

Well, she did talk about and on camera to boot but not to her host, Teddie, which is why Teddie thought her leaving like she did "weird". So, I don't think she was all that embarrassed talking about it, she just didn't like anyone calling out her rude behavior.

I can see that. But maybe with Teddi making such a big deal about,  she felt she had to say something rather than I think I'm too good to sleep in Teddi's beach house. That seems just as legit to me. 

3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I can see that. But maybe with Teddi making such a big deal about,  she felt she had to say something rather than I think I'm too good to sleep in Teddi's beach house. That seems just as legit to me. 

Erika talked about it to everyone, on camera, except Teddi when she first got there and there was no reason to not tell your hostess why you are leaving, none at all. Teddi had no idea that Erika wasn't feeling well, let alone that she was worried about soiling her bed/towels when Erika left so Teddi didn't make a big deal out of anything. They all talked about Erika leaving, they were all surprised she left because she didn't tell anyone, she just left. All Teddi said was that she thought it was "weird" that she left without saying anything to her, the hostess. Erika was rude to leave like she did, she should have told Teddi if no one else, just her hostess.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Erika talked about it to everyone, on camera, except Teddi when she first got there and there was no reason to not tell your hostess why you are leaving, none at all. Teddi had no idea that Erika wasn't feeling well, let alone that she was worried about soiling her bed/towels when Erika left so Teddi didn't make a big deal out of anything. They all talked about Erika leaving, they were all surprised she left because she didn't tell anyone, she just left. All Teddi said was that she thought it was "weird" that she left without saying anything to her, the hostess. Erika was rude to leave like she did, she should have told Teddi if no one else, just her hostess.

Oh,  I can't stand Erica and am team Teddi, I'm just trying to figure out the logic. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh,  I can't stand Erica and am team Teddi, I'm just trying to figure out the logic. 

I don't think there is any logical way to explain Erika's behavior most of the time outside of her having a huge ego! LOL

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

The way she moves while performing is not sexual. It’s very robotic and stiff.

• Love 7