Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Now that my source for watching the show tonight has probably gone bye bye, Amazon will probably download the show late again:/  Thank goodness for this board.

I can PM the link I use for the eps if you want?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Melissa videotaped Natalie Woods in Season 1. She said they did on DWTS but she did it prior to being on the show. I guess you have get plugs in wherever. God forbid anyone forgets she was on DWTS.

Melissa was a TC candidate with Natalie in season 1 2006-2007, then she was on the Bachelor 2008 (which made her kinda famous?!?), then she was on DWTS 2009 and 2012.   I don’t recall her filming anyone season 1 because she was also a shy struggling TC candidate.  But I could be wrong. ??‍♀️

Edited by smitty97
  • Love 1

Maddie is my favorite this year (I do tend to change each year).  She is so cute, always appears to be enjoying herself, has a (IMO) a “healthy looking body type” (meaning I can’t count every rib nor do I see a “muffin top”), when she dances it appears as if it comes natural to her (meaning she is not “over dancing” or “trying too hard” and throwing herself off balance or out of sync with the other girls). In just about every picture in the gallery, linked below, she looks like she is having so much fun (her whole face is “lit up” as opposed to just “pasting on a smile”).

To me, when they are performing on the field as one large group or in their smaller “groupings” they should be “performing as one”.  Meaning their bodies/arm movements/foot position should be practically identical. Show group (if you are good enough dancer to make it) is the opportunity to “show off” your individuality and specialty talents.

Using the gallery photos as a reference:

Pic 34 of 34

All four girls pictured are practically in the exact same position: in the air, arm position, foot position and body alignment.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/dcc-detvsdal-game-day-gallery-presented-by-ideal-dental?sf198978792=1#9b1f861c-459f-40f6-965c-b3db1058e0d9

compare the above to pic 26 of 34

the first (front) row of four girls are practically “in sync” with their body alignment, arm position, leg/foot position (the only obvious difference is the first two closest to camera have straight back legs whereas the two girls farthest from the camera have bent back legs).

But the girls (second row) behind them are completely “out of sync” with each other with the exception of their arm positions.

For the third row (you can only see two girls the leg/foot positions) they appear to be in sync with the girls in the front row.

Granted from the stands you won’t be able to tell that anyone is out of sync, but if I were Judy/Kelli, I’d be using these photos and forwarding them to the girls as critiques for each of the girls (good and bad) throughout the performance year.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/dcc-detvsdal-game-day-gallery-presented-by-ideal-dental?sf198978792=1#83a5125a-ece7-4959-a5ef-54166da10e73

• Love 2

I am actually legitimately annoyed I have to be an actual grown up and do my workout and pretend to be a functioning adult tomorrow before I can watch the episode.  I'm so dying for the show down and I know I can't come near the board until I see it because I want it all to be a glorious surprise

• Love 4

I just have to say:   I absolutely HATE the cut of these “shorts” (I don’t even know why they call them "shorts").  They are cut more like "underwear" on the back side (so they can bend and squat and not show the crack).

Yes, I agree, from the front they look just fine on most of the girls, but I wish they would wear actual shorts, that are cut the same back to front.

I love the tops (they flatter every shape) and the boots (they don’t flatter short legged people though).  I know this is Texas and that cowboy boots are the most appropriate, but just for curiosity sake, would ankle boots flatter every leg type: long, short, thick or thin?

• Love 2
Just now, LynneH said:

I just have to say:   I absolutely HATE the cut of these “shorts” (I don’t even know why they call them "shorts").  They are cut more like "underwear" on the back side (so they can bend and squat and not show the crack).

Yes, I agree, from the front they look just fine on most of the girls, but I wish they would wear actual shorts, that are cut the same back to front.

I love the tops (they flatter every shape) and the boots (they don’t flatter short legged people though).  I know this is Texas and that cowboy boots are the most appropriate, but just for curiosity sake, would ankle boots flatter every leg type: long, short, thick or thin?

Hve never done a kickline, would ankle boots be any more likely to be easy to kick off accidentally?

12 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I always find it funny when people take what actors say on press tours as gospel and i'm sitting here like 'this is their job. they are literally being paid to spout whatever the studio wants them too.

Actors are not paid when they are promoting a project.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Huh?! An A-list actor's pay rate is VASTLY different than most non-actors on the planet. They make multi-million contracts and agree to do press or not, for OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Hve never done a kickline, would ankle boots be any more likely to be easy to kick off accidentally?

Not really. In my experience, someone would really only be in danger of kicking a boot off if they aren’t pointing their toes. (Or if the boots are too big, but the right socks help with that).

Edited by suebee18
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

I don’t recall her filming anyone season 1 because she was also a shy struggling TC candidate.  But I could be wrong. ??‍♀️

It happened. Natalie was in a private practice with Nicole and Melissa filmed her practicing. Melissa and Natalie were good friends that year.

3 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Huh?! An A-list actor's pay rate is VASTLY different than most non-actors on the planet. They make multi-million contracts and agree to do press or not, for OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money.

Actors get paid when in production for a film/tv show. They are not paid by the studios when doing press.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

No, being the mascot is a side gig, the person in the costume works for the Cowboys in the Marketing department.

The guy who does Rowdy is a full time marketing employee. Wearing the suit is not the whole part of the job. 

22 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Press tours etc are usually a part of the whole contract, so they are not paid by the hour per say but sort of are paid, and a lot of talk shows, etc. pay actors to be on there.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, UnicornKicks said:

The guy who does Rowdy is a full time marketing employee. Wearing the suit is not the whole part of the job. 

Correct, wearing the suit is a part of the job.  The whole point is that a) he is not being paid $65K to just be the mascot, and b) being the mascot is not a side gig, it's a part of his full-time job requirements.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

It happened. Natalie was in a private practice with Nicole and Melissa filmed her practicing. Melissa and Natalie were good friends that year.

Actors get paid when in production for a film/tv show. They are not paid by the studios when doing press.

I thought it depends on their contract with the studio? Promoting a film is part of the big pay day.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Press tours etc are usually a part of the whole contract, so they are not paid by the hour per say but sort of are paid, and a lot of talk shows, etc. pay actors to be on there.

Press requirements are in the contract but a studio cannot force the talent to do so... There are a lot of actors who won’t do press. 

Only certain talk shows pay. And it’s not a lot of money. Maybe $1500? I can’t remember.

5 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I thought it depends on their contract with the studio? Promoting a film is part of the big pay day.

Not true. 

Some actors and directors get bonuses if they are doing an awards campaign and get nominated but that is so complicated and doesn’t apply to what we are discussing. Or if the movie does a certain amount at the box office. But again, that has nothing to do with press.

Edited by PBSLover
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Correct, wearing the suit is a part of the job.  The whole point is that a) he is not being paid $65K to just be the mascot, and b) being the mascot is not a side gig, it's a part of his full-time job requirements.

We on the same page. Sorry if i read that wrong. 

Also I never suspected Erica to be a genius, but trying to compare a DCC with Rowdy and all that job encompasses just does not correlate. 

• Love 3

Im willing to bet that the VK Clip shown at the end of last weeks episode is not what tonights is based on. CMT prob used the clip as bait. My gut says that VK stuff comes at the very end of next tonights episode and prob continues next week? Including tonights episode, there are 3 episodes left and 6 still need to get cut? That averages out to 2 cuts per remaining episode. My guess is Kristin and Tara go tonight?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:
40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

We on the same page. Sorry if i read that wrong. 

LOL no worries, there has been a lot of all-around uncertainty regarding Rowdy. 

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

domestic and international press tours are part of contracts, promotion is literally part of the job for which they are paid. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Im willing to bet that the VK Clip shown at the end of last weeks episode is not what tonights is based on. CMT prob used the clip as bait. My gut says that VK stuff comes at the very end of next tonights episode and prob continues next week? Including tonights episode, there are 3 episodes left and 6 still need to get cut? That averages out to 2 cuts per remaining episode. My guess is Kristin and Tara go tonight?

Really interested to see how they justify cutting Tara.  The stuff they talked to her about in that meeting seemed like silly makeover stuff - like things easily fixed by one visit to the salon.   Can’t see them using that as justification for cutting a vet.   Guess we’ll see.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Sadly, I agree. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sadly, I agree. 

Me too.  (no Taylor, that's not what the interviewer is asking about).  it'll probably be some stuff about Taylor and her absolute failure, Kristin getting even more beat down and then cut, and Tara going.  I almost felt, from last week, that she'd not exactly be devastated to be cut.  she seems tired, and kinda over it.  whether thats due to this year's TC or just being DCC in general, I don't know, but I just had a feeling of her eing less than enthused.  then again, could have been going through a bad time. 

no doubt the drama used to bait the hook will be either one minute of time or right at the end or a little of both.  wasn't she not cut until close to the end? suggesting we get more time with her?

Bummed that as a result my two new faves likely won't get any more air time.  Would love to know if Ashlee's living situation and family woe got better

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Misscarlett said:

I'm so sick of listening to Malena say the same thing over and over each week.  I liked her at first but now I'm just sick of hearing her talk. I wish they would let us get to know some of the ones who actually do make the team, but it's usually the same people blathering on. I guess they threw us a bone last week allowing us to hear from Ashlee. 

Being a Petty Patty; I'm only glad Malena got cut after Victoria. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

domestic and international press tours are part of contracts, promotion is literally part of the job for which they are paid. 

Ideally, yes. Many actors go from project to project, and don’t do press. Or don’t want to do press on a particular film. Huge budget films will hold back financially in order for talent to do press but that is a small portion of the industry. 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, and they’re not wrong, sadly. I’m sure there are many girls who would be a DCC for free. However, that shouldn’t be a rationale for not paying more or providing better benefits if it’s deserved (I’m not suggesting that you were saying it was; I’m referring solely to tptb). The “any girl would love to be in your shoes” is basically used as a rationale to shame girls into not asking for better. There are plenty of people out there who would work for pennies if it was their dream job, and they had the means to do so, but that doesn’t mean that there shouldn’t be a minimum wage, for instance.

I agree! I personally would not want to do it myself because of all the crap the girls have to go through. They could treat the girls better and pay them better. It speaks volume when they keep getting less and less girls trying out.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Didn’t the write up of Erica’s lawsuit say she only made $6200?   So the difference between being a part time cheerleader and a full time “marketing job that is also a mascot” is 10 times the amount? If you break it down by hour, how much is this mascot/marketing job making versus a cheerleader?

And I really doubt the guy is doing high level executive MBA stuff when he’s not in the suit - it’s a probably performance/entertainment job just like dancing.   And honestly, the cheerleaders require a lot more training and upkeep of their appearance and deserve more per hour IMO.   I’d also argue things they do like posting on their DCC SM are part of “marketing” for their job and they should be paid for that.

• Love 3
Just now, MyFavShows said:

If you break it down by hour, how much is this mascot/marketing job making versus a cheerleader?

Well, I imagine he's working 9-5 M-F and however long he does mascot duty, so I'd say more hours than the cheerleaders.  It's certainly not unreasonable for a marketing professional to make over $60K a year.  I also doubt he's doing high level executive MBA level work, they would never settle for $65K and no way in hell would they allow their duties to include being a mascot.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Well, I imagine he's working 9-5 M-F and however long he does mascot duty, so I'd say more hours than the cheerleaders.  It's certainly not unreasonable for a marketing professional to make over $60K a year.  I also doubt he's doing high level executive MBA level work, they would never settle for $65K and no way in hell would they allow their duties to include being a mascot.

Shelly said 9-5 M-F in the promotions dept.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

It is mysogyny and a huge double standard.

People will look the other way when it comes to horrible low character behavior when it comes to men who are good at their jobs, but a woman becomes good at her job, it seems like everyone actually starts digging and searching for whatever they can find to tear her down and discredit her.

It happens all the time, and what is sad is I think it’s other women who do most of the discrediting/tearing down of successful women out of some deep seeded jealousy or resentment.   I could list examples of this, but it might take the thread way too off topic and I’d get in trouble ;).

Agree with this 100000%. Women can be terrible, and groups of women are the absolute worst.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Didn’t the write up of Erica’s lawsuit say she only made $6200?   So the difference between being a part time cheerleader and a full time “marketing job that is also a mascot” is 10 times the amount? If you break it down by hour, how much is this mascot/marketing job making versus a cheerleader?

And I really doubt the guy is doing high level executive MBA stuff when he’s not in the suit - it’s a probably performance/entertainment job just like dancing.   And honestly, the cheerleaders require a lot more training and upkeep of their appearance and deserve more per hour IMO.   I’d also argue things they do like posting on their DCC SM are part of “marketing” for their job and they should be paid for that.

No, he actually books and organizes appearances, so he's responsible for bringing in his own revenue for Rowdy, PLUS the other marketing duties he does. Then it isn't split among 36 girls, but him and occassionally a couple hourly people who might be Rowdy for an appearance. So yeah, $62K isn't that far off base for his job. 

It is just apples to oranges comparing Rowdy's fulltime job duties vs cheerleaders who don't even book their own shows or do any of the logistics. 

6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly said 9-5 M-F in the promotions dept.  

This right here. 

Now if Rowdy Man was a cheerleader doing the same amount of work as Erica and he got paid 10x more, or if she was Rowdy 2 with the same dutites and got paid 10% of what he did, there would be a problem. Or even if for some reason she and say, Jenna, were together on exact same appearances and she got half the pay. But Rowdy vs Erica = not even the same realm.

Also, however much Rowdy makes does not mean the cheerleaders are paid enough. They deserve more and probably could do more if some were full time and could do their own bookings, help with other promos, etc. but that's not the case. Rowdy pay vs fairness in cheerleader pay just cannot be compared. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LynneH said:

3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

The Eagles Cheerleaders started wearing ankle boots this year. I think they make everyone's legs look shorter. Pretty sure they're just for photos though. I don't think they wear them on the field, and I've never seen them attempt a kickline.

ihcbf78ndq5gpllirghw.jpg

• Love 2

I don't think they're doing any favors to Victoria by keeping.

I think the same for Taylor T. She hasn't talked enough to come off as mature or immature, but she is immature. It's not as flamboyant as Victoria, but it's there. 

I do hope she comes back next year, as she is a standout dancer, but she needs to broaden her horizons beyond Instagram. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't think they're doing any favors to Victoria by keeping.

I think the same for Taylor T. She hasn't talked enough to come off as mature or immature, but she is immature. It's not as flamboyant as Victoria, but it's there. 

I do hope she comes back next year, as she is a standout dancer, but she needs to broaden her horizons beyond Instagram. 

When people talk about it's all over social media, I understand that, but if your friends don't discuss current events or just refer to something, you aren't getting the full picture.  That's why I think you have to read newspapers online, or look at CNN.com or something like that.

• Love 1