Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Question: 

Who is the brunette next to Amber in this clip, to the right? Caroline? 

And let me also just say that while its only a second long gif, Christina looks kind of awkward here. 

Christina and Miranda are generally considered the weakest vets.  If VK had not flamed out so spectacularly, I suspect one of them would have been cut.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Those two examples - Grace and Liz - were both given lots of time and resources (Jay, etc.) to get the weight off.   So they deserved the time but VK doesn’t? 

What resources did Grace and Liz besides working with Jay? Did they lie and say my weight gain was due to a possible thyroid disorder? Did they have a chance to work with a former DCC who was employed by the DCC Organization and get better work out tips and eating habits? Did they run to Kelli and Judy to rat out others? Did Miss Kitty say they both deserve extra time to get the weight off? Where they sent to a Cowboys doctor because they said they had a thyroid condition leading to a weight gain? Were they told you have a spot on the team before auditions started, and Kelli and Charlotte were willing to cut another veteran so you could have a spot? Did they reject any help from current and former DCCs? Did they run around telling others they were guaranteed a spot on the team? Hmmm...

And lets take a look at other girls who were cut for their shape and/figure. Season 3's Katie was cut because her behind was too big for the uniform without extra time. Megan in Season 9 was cut due to her body shape with no extra time to work on toning down her behind and thighs. Hmmm...

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What resources did Grace and Liz besides working with Jay? Did they lie and say my weight gain was due to a possible thyroid disorder? Did they have a chance to work with a former DCC who was employed by the DCC Organization and get better work out tips and eating habits? Did they run to Kelli and Judy to rat out others? Did Miss Kitty say they both deserve extra time to get the weight off? Where they sent to a Cowboys doctor because they said they had a thyroid condition leading to a weight gain? Were they told you have a spot on the team before auditions started, and Kelli and Charlotte were willing to cut another veteran so you could have a spot? Did they reject any help from current and former DCCs? Did they run around telling others they were guaranteed a spot on the team? Hmmm...

And lets take a look at other girls who were cut for their shape and/figure. Season 3's Katie was cut because her behind was too big for the uniform without extra time. Megan in Season 9 was cut due to her body shape with no extra time to work on toning down her behind and thighs. Hmmm...

Exactly!

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Christina and Miranda are generally considered the weakest vets.  If VK had not flamed out so spectacularly, I suspect one of them would have been cut.

Why is Miranda weak? I don’t know much about her. She was super sweet to my kids at DCC camp, but I was too busy watching Gina kill it on the field and paid  zero attention to Miranda!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Why is Miranda weak? I don’t know much about her. She was super sweet to my kids at DCC camp, but I was too busy watching Gina kill it on the field and paid  zero attention to Miranda!

Not weak per se, but weak relative to the other girls. She’s “pastel” to use Kelli’s overused word. I’ve heard she’s lovely though and the girls really like her. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's also KaShara's birthday.  

ok, not being negative here, just asking a question as I'm "old".  Isn't their mascara and eyeliner more of a "night time" look?.  I know they go through "make up lessons" and such.  But it just seems out of sync with their light colored lips and faces.  Way back in the "old days" we had "day time" looks and "night time" looks.  

Thanks

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LynneH said:

ok, not being negative here, just asking a question as I'm "old".  Isn't their mascara and eyeliner more of a "night time" look?.  I know they go through "make up lessons" and such.  But it just seems out of sync with their light colored lips and faces.  Way back in the "old days" we had "day time" looks and "night time" looks.  

Thanks

Totally off topic here - Kim Kardashian was doing her mom's makeup on the show.  She asked her what she wanted and her mom said "perfect skin and nude lip" so maybe it's the trend.  I myself love eye makeup so I tend to do up my eyes and just wear lip balm.  Even though my grandmother always told me to carry my "lipstick and my powder" :)

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

So you’re saying  having access to Jinelle is better than a personal trainer?  The lies (whatever they were) and her not using the help happened after the offer was made.  The debate was whether or not help should be offered, not the results (which were failures for both situations, btw).

And I really don’t think advice on eating more salads and rice cakes from a woman who’s weighed 90 pounds her entire life is the magic bullet for helping an 18 year old girl who’s struggling w/ her weight for possibly the first time in her life.  Is she even a nutritionist?   “I’m thin and you’re not, so you need to eat like me” is not some earthshattering advice, and it might not even work.  At least Jay has credentials w/ what he does.

Re: the other two, it’s possible TPTB felt it was more than just extra weight that was preventing them from looking good in the uniform.  They’ve cut people who just don’t have the right shape -  including those like Colby and that tiny quiet blonde girl who was in camp the same year as Ashley Kelley (can’t remember her name) who were too thin.

• Love 4

Colby, the one quiet girl, and Ashley Kelly were cut for their poor dancing skills. Victoria was supposed to meet up with Jinelle after Jinelle was meeting with the nutritionist to help Victoria with her eating habits and to work on getting in better shape. Victoria did not meet with Jinelle and was not returning her phone calls and was cancelling any meetings Jinelle set up with her. Jinelle was consulting with a nutritionist for tips. She was not attempting on her own to help Victoria. Victoria did not seek help from any current or former DCCs, so we cannot say if the help would have been an asset or no help what so ever. If she was not willing to work with Jinelle and the nutritionist, she probably would not have went to Jay either. She did not want to see the Cowboys doctor because she knew her oh my it is my thyroid levels are off causing my weight to balloon up within a short period of time lie would have come back to haunt her. She had more help than a lot of girls would have had, and she threw it out the window because she was told by Kelli and Charlotte she had a spot, so why work to keep it. It is time to stop putting the blame on Jinelle, Jay, the nutritionist, the doctor, and the other girls and start looking at where the blame should be going to: Tina, Kelli, CMT, Charlotte, and yes Victoria. Holding her hand and letting her lie and get away with it in order to make the team is the wrong thing for all of them to do. She needs to learn her actions will be looked at and not everything will be handed to her because her mother is best friend with the director at the work place.

Edited by bigskygirl

I don't trust a lot of what I see on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram because it's usually either the sycophants or the bullies (and sometimes people are a little of both).  However, we've seen that Kelli, Judy and the rest pay attention to social media.  We've seen it when they were addressing Cassie's situation (multiple times spread out across multiple seasons), the social mediate seminars, and all the rest.  If Kelli, Charlotte and whoever else thought we would buy the whole "we want the world to love Victoria as much as we do" story line, I don't think they expected it to backfire so badly or so publicly.  The whole situation is a PR nightmare because, while some people may say it's a tempest in a teapot, that teapot encompasses a LOT of fans and those fans will talk to other people who, while they might not know who these girls are or what they look like, will either ignore the situation or do some research, find out what's going on and form their own opinions, which will get discussed elsewhere and with more people.  

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not weak per se, but weak relative to the other girls. She’s “pastel” to use Kelli’s overused word. I’ve heard she’s lovely though and the girls really like her. 

While I wish that Christina had either been cut at Finals or at any point during Training Camp, it would be trading bad for infinitely worse to cut her and put Victoria in her place.  Doing that to Miranda would be even worse than doing it to Christina because, besides supposedly being one of the weakest vets, she hasn't done anything to deserve being cut.  Now, if she CONTINUES to be a blender who fades into the background and doesn't get noticed (especially if she's supposed to have pop, punch and pizzazz), then cut her at Finals next year, along with Christina.  Just don't cut her so that Victoria has a place because then, Victoria wouldn't have earned it like almost every other girl on the squad had to earn theirs.

32 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So you’re saying  having access to Jinelle is better than a personal trainer?  The lies (whatever they were) and her not using the help happened after the offer was made.  The debate was whether or not help should be offered, not the results (which were failures for both situations, btw).

And I really don’t think advice on eating more salads and rice cakes from a woman who’s weighed 90 pounds her entire life is the magic bullet for helping an 18 year old girl who’s struggling w/ her weight for possibly the first time in her life.  Is she even a nutritionist?   “I’m thin and you’re not, so you need to eat like me” is not some earthshattering advice, and it might not even work.  At least Jay has credentials w/ what he does.

Re: the other two, it’s possible TPTB felt it was more than just extra weight that was preventing them from looking good in the uniform.  They’ve cut people who just don’t have the right shape -  including those like Colby and that tiny quiet blonde girl who was in camp the same year as Ashley Kelley (can’t remember her name) who were too thin.

If I remember correctly, Jinelle is also studying to be a nutritionist and, because she doesn't have the credentials yet, is working WITH another nutritionist supervising her work to make sure Jinelle's on the right track with everything.  If Kelli can cut Colby, Liz Reuter, Grace Sells, Katie Schoeten and every other girl who has been cut for weight or not having the right shape for the shape for the uniform, then she can cut Victoria, but won't.  I REALLY want to know how Kelli's reacting to the sh*t-storm she's created with the whole Victoria situation, how she's handling the accusations of favoritism and nepotism, the accusations about her treatment of Dayton and how it relates to her treatment of Victoria, and everything else that connects to this mess.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7

Colby was not cut due to her figure. She was told she would not have made it to TC without the fan vote, and she was cut because of her lack of dancing skills. Jinelle was not popular with the judges until she was on the field because they thought she was too skinny. Her makeover did help win Kelli and Judy over.

Makes me wonder if there was a fan vote this year, if Tina and Victoria would have push for people to vote for Victoria. Thank God they got rid of it last year.

21 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If I remember correctly, Jinelle is also studying to be a nutritionist and, because she doesn't have the credentials yet, is working WITH another nutritionist supervising her work to make sure Jinelle's on the right track with everything. 

Ok, that explains more. From the show, it did kind of seem like a "we'll pair you with a naturally skinny girl who eats cleanly, and boom, you'll pick up her habits and lose weight just like that" sort of thing, which frankly, is dumb.  However, if Jinelle is in school to be a nutritinist and was being overseen by an actual nutritionist, that makes more sense and makes VK's unwillingness to engage in the process look even worse. 

Edited by Jess14
typo
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Colby was not cut due to her figure. She was told she would not have made it to TC without the fan vote, and she was cut because of her lack of dancing skills. Jinelle was not popular with the judges until she was on the field because they thought she was too skinny. Her makeover did help win Kelli and Judy over.

Makes me wonder if there was a fan vote this year, if Tina and Victoria would have push for people to vote for Victoria. Thank God they got rid of it last year.

I remember that discussion about/with Colby.  However, Colby knew even before that discussion that she wouldn't have made it in without the fan vote because she commented on it during the voice-over/talking head bit when her name was announced as the winner.  However, they did mention that she and another candidate (Emily, I think her name was) were too thin for the uniform.  I remember this because they said Colby was 5'9" and other girls that height were around 133, which means Colby was UNDER that.  I don't know if she's naturally that thin or worked for it (it could be a bit of both because look at Jinelle who's not only naturally thin, but is meticulous about her diet and exercise regime to help her not only maintain it but be healthy about it).

33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Colby, the one quiet girl, and Ashley Kelly were cut for their poor dancing skills. Victoria was supposed to meet up with Jinelle after Jinelle was meeting with the nutritionist to help Victoria with her eating habits and to work on getting in better shape. Victoria did not meet with Jinelle and was not returning her phone calls and was cancelling any meetings Jinelle set up with her. Jinelle was consulting with a nutritionist for tips. She was not attempting on her own to help Victoria. Victoria did not seek help from any current or former DCCs, so we cannot say if the help would have been an asset or no help what so ever. If she was not willing to work with Jinelle and the nutritionist, she probably would not have went to Jay either. She did not want to see the Cowboys doctor because she knew her oh my it is my thyroid levels are off causing my weight to balloon up within a short period of time lie would have come back to haunt her. She had more help than a lot of girls would have had, and she threw it out the window because she was told by Kelli and Charlotte she had a spot, so why work to keep it. It is time to stop putting the blame on Jinelle, Jay, the nutritionist, the doctor, and the other girls and start looking at where the blame should be going to: Tina, Kelli, CMT, Charlotte, and yes Victoria. Holding her hand and letting her lie and get away with it in order to make the team is the wrong thing for all of them to do. She needs to learn her actions will be looked at and not everything will be handed to her because her mother is best friend with the director at the work place.

I know Ashley Kelley was cut for dance.   I was using her a reference for who the tiny girl was cause it was the same season - gosh - why can’t I remember her name?  Kitty kept telling her to “scream!” in the session her and Ashley had w/ her.   I remember Kelli being disappointed in the how she looked in the uniform - she said she was too thin/small.  You’re right that she had a lot of dance issues too, but I’m sure not looking good in the uniform per Kelli didn’t help her. 

Edited by MyFavShows
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Ok, that explains more. From the show, it did kind of seem like a "we'll pair you with a naturally skinny girl who eats cleanly, and boom, you'll pick up her habits and lose weight just like that" sort of thing, which frankly, is dumb.  However, if Jinelle is in schooling to be a nutritinist and was being overseen by an actual nutritionist, that makes more sense and makes VK's unwillingness to engage in the process look even worse. 

I don't know for a fact that Jinelle is working under the supervision of a trained and license nutritionist when it came to Victoria, but it would only make sense, especially since there might be a liability and/or credentialing issue that Jinelle didn't want to have to face or deal with due to the situation. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know for a fact that Jinelle is working under the supervision of a trained and license nutritionist when it came to Victoria, but it would only make sense, especially since there might be a liability and/or credentialing issue that Jinelle didn't want to have to face or deal with due to the situation. 

Jinelle was seeking advice from a trained and license nutritionist in order to help Victoria. Sadly it does not really matter now because Victoria ignored Jinelle's assistance by not meeting with her and not responding to Jinelle's phone calls.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Jinelle was seeking advice from a trained and license nutritionist in order to help Victoria. Sadly it does not really matter now because Victoria ignored Jinelle's assistance by not meeting with her and not responding to Jinelle's phone calls.

Why didn’t they just send Victoria directly to a real nutritionist though?  Still seems kind of ass backward to me.  Why do they need this middleman person between Victoria and a nutritionist if they where already paying the nutritionist anyways?   Was it so Jinelle could tell them what happened/was said?  So Jinelle could get “experience” kind of like when people get their hair done at a beauty school, but with nutritionist stuff?  Lol.   This organization is so weird sometimes.  Haha!

• Love 8

I also wonder if Jinelle was sent in there as K&Js lieutenant to quietly figure out what the heck is really up with Victoria, from someone who is not one of Vs fan girls, family members, Cowboys marketing staff, lifelong family friends, etc. There was a moment in the session with Kitty where Kelli for the first time seemed to show she was actually hearing (if not yet acting on) the negative feedback from outside the bubble who have coddled Victoria forever and struggle to see her objectively. I feel she would trust Jinelles feedback and maybe she was looking for an objective voice to help her reconcile it all. I suspect ther was pressure to get Victoria on the team a couple people felt under. 11 lbs over an already starting heavy weight would have anyone else out the door in a second. But as always who knows- we see what they want to show us.

Though it may have been for the best, Dayton’s cut broke my heart. She is clearly a very trained technical dancer, a beautiful and sincere young lady, and has the world in front of her. She will go far I think. Go get em girl!!!

i am happy to see Brennan doing well this year! I also am liking Jalyn.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Why didn’t they just send Victoria directly to a real nutritionist though?  Still seems kind of ass backward to me.  Why do they need this middleman person between Victoria and a nutritionist if they where already paying the nutritionist anyways?   Was it so Jinelle could tell them what happened/was said?  So Jinelle could get “experience” kind of like when people get their hair done at a beauty school, but with nutritionist stuff?  Lol.   This organization is so weird sometimes.  Haha!

If she was not willing to see a Cowboys doctor for her alleged thyroid disorder, she probably would not want to see a real nutritionist either. I do not think Kelli wanted Jinelle to work with Victoria in order to rat her out. Victoria got cut because of her constant lying and unwillingness to work on her weight issue. If she was with the program since she was ten years old, she should have known the score by now aka lying and making up an illness to explain your weight loss and not willing to work with others is a sure ticket to being cut. Sorry Victoria your actions came back and bit you in your behind. And a message to Kelli, Charlotte, CMT and Tina-holding her hand, making excuses for her right and left and telling her she has a spot on the squad was the worse thing you could have done for her.

53 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Very first ep, they show VK with her trainer.  Then in another ep, they show some of the girls meeting with a nutritionist.  Didn't the nutritionist meet with every rookie?  If VK was already heavy at auditions, wouldn't they have had the nutritionist talk to her at that time about their concerns?  Or at least bring her into the office when they talked to VK?  And again, do we need to put her trainer's picture on a milk carton?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Kelli is notorious for treating girls differently for similar infractions and issues. It's not like Kelli was an unbiased manager before and suddenly threw her values out of the window for VK. She has long had a terrible penchant for overlooking the shortcomings of her favorites while simultaneously sending out other girls for the same issues. I think one reason why it appears so much more obvious with VK is that she couldn't keep up her end of the deal on or off the dance floor. She's getting outdanced, told a stupid and easily detectable lie, and then couldn't even keep her weight in shape. It looks and is disastrous for Kelli, but it was bound to happen sooner or later because she always plays favorites. 

And Judy too.

• Love 3

Judy has a lot less say so in who makes the squad than Kelli does. In Season 5, Judy said she was hoping she Lauren Gibler would have made it to TC, but the judges did not agree with her. I think what she meant was Kelli and Charlotte did not agree with her. You definitely can tell when Judy does not like a girl during auditions, TC or makes the squad. The only time I think her point of view mattered was when she told the judges Olivia S. was toxic because she stood up to Cassie during the Calendar Shoot before Season 6 Auditions started. She must have been able to prove Olivia was terrible and did not deserve her spot back on the team.

So Jinelle can report back to Kelli on VK 's progress and attitude towards changing her bad habits, perhaps? 

• Love 2

It probably would have done the same good that sending her to the doctor did -- you can't get the help if you don't go.  Also it does not appear that she was interested in nutrition.  Gaining 11 pounds in a matter of weeks tells me that she didn't give a shake (excuse the pun) -- probably because she thought "Aunt Kelli" would cover for her given that she had a guaranteed spot and all.

• Love 2
On 9/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, Loves2Dance said:

It's very clear that she had a nose job. No amount of make-up can fix you that much. 

That's actually not true.  Makeup can do amazing things if applied properly. I have a pointy nose that is concealed with makeup.  My setting spray is so powerful, I once accidentally rubbed my mascara onto my face and couldn't get it off.  I had to put concealer on it just to run into chik fil a

1 minute ago, UnicornSparkles said:

That's actually not true.  Makeup can do amazing things if applied properly. I have a pointy nose that is concealed with makeup.  My setting spray is so powerful, I once accidentally rubbed my mascara onto my face and couldn't get it off.  I had to put concealer on it just to run into chik fil a

Ditto this -- my daughter had a terrible acne problem for a while and covered it with a great makeup job -- some of the TCC's candidates have had bad skin that has been covered with makeup.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

@MyFavShows  Are you talking about Catherine - I think that was her name.  Petite little thing.

I’m not sure - that might have been her name.   She had long bright blonde hair (losely curled at the end like they all have ;)) - a big smile - was real quiet and timid.  Real skinny and petite - probably weighed less than 90lbs.  Judy was always mad about her turned in feet, but when they asked her if she had dance training she said she had lots of ballet and it shocked them.   Seemed nice, but just very reserved.

They sent her and Ashley Kelley together for a workshop w/ Kitty.   Kitty kept telling her to scream at her and she had to yell “scream!” a bunch of times to prove how powerful she could be.  Think they called her into the office 2-3 times before cutting her.

Edited by MyFavShows
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I know Ashley Kelley was cut for dance.   I was using her a reference for who the tiny girl was cause it was the same season - gosh - why can’t I remember her name?  Kitty kept telling her to “scream!” in the session her and Ashley had w/ her.   I remember Kelli being disappointed in the how she looked in the uniform - she said she was too thin/small.  You’re right that she had a lot of dance issues too, but I’m sure not looking good in the uniform per Kelli didn’t help her. 

Kathleen was her name. She was so cute, but very tiny, and always looked frightened. 

• Love 4

I'm brand new to this discussion board. After watching Making the Team for years, I "Googled" for information about Dayton's cut because I was so unbelievably annoyed at the events in this past week's episode. I have never once thought to look-up anything online in previous years. I'd just set my DVR, watch the show, and enjoy seeing who makes the team year after year. Yes, there were times when I disagreed with decisions made by Kelli & Judy, but I was never upset. However, this week was different for two main reasons:

1) How do you keep Malena in Training Camp who flat-out admitted that she was never allowed to actually cheer for another NFL squad because she couldn't remember the routines, yet cut Dayton because she's having memory issues?

2) How do you decide that Victoria deserves "more time" to lose weight because she's been "in the program" for years? She does not deserve more time. She's had 18 years to get her weight on track. The fact that she gained 11 pounds during training camp (they'd only been going for a matter of weeks) means she was gaining more than one pound weekly. One pound = 3,500 calories. That means that she was overeating by more than 3,500 calories, probably closer to a 7,000 calorie excess every single week during training camp! Who does that? And why would you want to keep someone with that lack of effort?

I'm not saying that Dayton should have made the team. I don't know enough about all of the other candidates. But, I am saying that there is no way in heck that she should have been cut that night when Malena and Victoria were not.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I don't think SF will ever tryout after witnessing the VK backlash.

After seeing videos of SF dancing, she has no business trying out. 

8 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

As to Kitty, the Kalina family has some juice in the Dallas area, and she knows where her bread is buttered and who it would be in her best interest to support. I thought she was above all that but we now know that’s not true. 

What I always appreciated about Kitty was that she was brutal with basically everyone. Would I send my kid to her? No. But just like Abby Lee Miller had her Maddie, we've found Kitty's Maddie. Why on Earth she put her stock in Victoria is beyond me. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

What is Jinelles role with the organization? I’ve seen that she is employed by them, but don’t think I’ve ever seen what exactly she does. 

Judy said on twitter that she has a few roles. Currently she is working on their Christmas show costumes. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Jinelle ended up covering up for her so the idea she was ratting her out is not true.

I did not stated that she was "ratting her out", I was trying to present a scenario of why Jinelle had to become VK's babysitter.

1 minute ago, TexasBorn said:

I did not stated that she was "ratting her out", I was trying to present a scenario of why Jinelle had to become VK's babysitter.

I understand, but I think others may have thought Jinelle was telling on Victoria. Maybe they thought Jinelle could be a good influence for Victoria and could help her since other girls look up to her. The whole thing keeps getting more weirder by the minute to me.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I understand, but I think others may have thought Jinelle was telling on Victoria. Maybe they thought Jinelle could be a good influence for Victoria and could help her since other girls look up to her. The whole thing keeps getting more weirder by the minute to me.

I hear you and I agree ... Bizarre indeed.

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

After seeing videos of SF dancing, she has no business trying out. 

What I always appreciated about Kitty was that she was brutal with basically everyone. Would I send my kid to her? No. But just like Abby Lee Miller had her Maddie, we've found Kitty's Maddie. Why on Earth she put her stock in Victoria is beyond me. 

As seen this season, that has not stopped people ....