Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I agree about the look on Kelli's face in the office, and I think that was when Kelli finally realized what a problem she created by advocating for VK, and not telling her the truth.   I think that was Kelli's breaking point, and she finally realized that not telling VK the truth wasn't being fair to her.   I'm sure Kelli also realized that there was a big chance that helicopter parent TK would never speak to her again, but going on with this fiasco with VK simply because they are BFFs couldn't continue.    

You can't change what you don't know is wrong.   I wonder if some of the commercial studio instructors would tell someone the absolute truth, if it means that the person pays for a ton of classes will go somewhere else, where the instructors aren't criticizing them?    

VK should have known her weight might be an issue, after the fact her mother has fought her weight her entire life.    The fact that she acknowledged that, and then instead of working on tightening her middle, started eating too much makes me wonder if she deep down wanted an out.      Now she can say that they picked on her, and make all kinds of excuses, and never have to worry about going back for DCC again.     

It will be interesting to see Kitty next week.   I love that she's been so honest with the DCC TCC over the years, and wonder if that will happen next week.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I was finally able to watch last nights episode on Amazon.  I feel VK is just too immature for this squad this year.  I am glad she was cut.  Plus, her hair really bothers me.  In her office visit it looks a hot mess.  She needed a good brushing.  Reminds me the time Judy talked about Jaclyn's hair and how she needed to "brush it."  I can only imagine what VK's hair would look like during a 4 hour game.  I hope if she comes back next year, they do something different with her hair.  I bet she would look cute if it was cut short. 

I like Erin's dancing, not in love with it, but her face bothers me from the side angle and up close.  Far away she looks pretty.  I think it's her nose.  I also don't think she would look that beautiful unless she has tons of makeup on.  I feel so terrible saying that!  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Katekate said:

What’s most confusing to me is why “everyone” likes Tina so much as to give her daughter special treatment. Tina seems like a complete mess...there I said it. 

BC Tina helps Kelli relive her glory days. 

4 hours ago, Trixi said:

@JohnGalt do u know who the 38th wud have been after Malena? I just don’t get the fangirling from Kelli over her tho, in almost every clip last nite she was going in the wrong direction. It seems impossible to me and my untrained eye that she cud ever be game ready this year. 

I don't get the Malena fangirling either. Somebody help her with her makeup and she cannot pick up choreo. 

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You know - I bet that if Sam had tried out, Kelli would have been extremely harsh with her to avoid claims of nepotism.

Sam is the one person Kelli told not to audition. Holly had her going there for a minute about how they could be DCC together, and that was part of the salt in the wound with Kelli and Charlotte when the Holly two faced lying drama came out. She had slid herself into being friends with Sam and Charlottes daughter. Suckas. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

In a way, much of Victoria's edit seems to be in direct opposition to the way that Kelli (and some others) have talked about her.  Kelli seems to be treating Victoria MUCH differently than almost any other girl.  Heck, she's even getting treated differently than Cassie.  I don't know of any other girl who would not only be practically ordered to lose weight and, if she didn't, be cut for it within weeks.  Victoria came in soft and is getting softer, though she was warned.  We haven't heard ANYTHING out of Kelli (at least that was shown) about it since last week's episode.  We've also seen Kelli make excuses for Victoria about almost everything, most recently with Denise.  There have been many cases where we've been shown something about Victoria that would have gotten many other girls warned or cut, but Victoria seems to get a pass on most, if not all, of them.  Kelli has even said that (paraphrasing here): "If anyone else were sitting here, tonight would be your last night."  That can be taken one of two ways: Either she's giving Victoria a warning that, if she continues what she's doing, she'll get cut or that Kelli knows that Victoria has shown, said and done enough to be cut, but won't do it for whatever reason.

"If anyone else whose not my BFFs daughter ..."

34 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Exactly!

Btw, I finally watched last night's episode, and my favorite moment is the look Judy gives when VK says she was really hoping to make show group.  Her face is all kinds of "are you fucking kidding me?"

"Are you f'n kidding me even Cassie had to work for show group! "

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rose711 said:

May I contribute my phone screenshot of the beautiful Judy’s reaction?

12324795-0EA5-4BBF-84AF-0D035E1CFD30.png

I really want a gif of her reaction. I may make one later.

Please, please do. I want a gif of it so badly, but I’m an old & I don’t know how. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I don't get the Malena fangirling either. Somebody help her with her makeup and she cannot pick up choreo.

The first woman in Jets Flight Crew history who was benched for the entire season because she couldn't master the choreography is chosen for DCC training camp, begins struggling from day one, and yet here's Kelli pulling SO hard for her. It almost defies logic. Kelli must really like something about her.

I'm not one to get into the whole race thing, but my mind does go there. Malena is an AA woman who is pretty, has an education, presents herself professionally, has the preferred body type, and is personable, humble, classy, responsible, and trainable. She has all of the ambassador skills and is a good teammate. When she remembers the choreo, she can pull it off pretty well. Last year's team was one of the most diverse they've had in a while. I think Kelli would really really like to put her on the team. If only Malena's swiss cheese memory would cooperate.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She was cut mostly due to lying about seeing a Cowboys doctor after saying she was gaining weight caused by a thyroid disorder. There is a lot more to the real reason(s) why she was cut. No idea if it will come up, or Kelli, Charlotte and CMT will come up with other excuses to cut her.

And if that is true, no I won’t be watching next season if VK tries out again. I don’t care if VK could Dance circles around the other girls.  “Hiring” her back would be  a slap in the face to those who try out and us viewers.

Weight gain is one thing, lying to a potential employer is grounds for dismissal at any other company why would you hire them back?

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

And if that is true, no I won’t be watching next season if VK tries out again. I don’t care if VK could Dance circles around the other girls.  “Hiring” her back would be  a slap in the face to those who try out and us viewers.

Weight gain is one thing, lying to a potential employer is grounds for dismissal at any other company why would you hire them back?

Because she's young and immature and people who are young and immature often do incredibly stupid things. But in many cases, that's what causes them to grow up. Or start to, anyway. 

I don't think VK is malicious or irredeemable. At least not based on what I've seen. She needs a few years somewhere else, but I believe she can be better and do better. She can earn a second chance. It's up to her whether she does it or not.

Honestly, I  don't think I could  take anything that happens on this show as a slap in the face. It's a show about some cheerleaders who wear sexy outfits and do dances like "sexy hips" for mediocre pay and the glory of it all. It is so far removed from my real life I just cant take it that seriously.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I feel VK is just too immature for this squad this year.  I am glad she was cut.  Plus, her hair really bothers me.  In her office visit it looks a hot mess.  She needed a good brushing. 

That photo of VK (the promo?) was dreadful. Too much going on with her teeth/mouth and as you mentioned, the unbrushed hair.

Even though it is immature, I do understand a bit why she acts as she does with Kelli/Judy in the office. My late father was a principal in the junior high I attended.  He often had the two vice principals over to dinner with their families and even for  long weekends at their vacation home. I grew up with the two VPs and if I were called into their office (I wasn't ever) for a minor infraction, I believe I would have been quite comfortable. I also think that they might have been more lenient with me than with other students. I think something similar is going on with Victoria. She doesn't take the feedback as seriously because she believes that Kelli will put her on the squad in the end.

Edited by Agent Gully
it's late
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She was cut mostly due to lying about seeing a Cowboys doctor after saying she was gaining weight caused by a thyroid disorder. There is a lot more to the real reason(s) why she was cut. No idea if it will come up, or Kelli, Charlotte and CMT will come up with other excuses to cut her.

So what are all the real reasons? There is a lot of hinting but not explaining what she did.

personally, I hope she doesn’t come back. If she does, I hope the show isn’t all about her.

We barely know anything about the stunning rookie dancers who made show group because of so much focus on her. It does ruin the show.  We’ve heard nothing from Brennan who I expected to see more from, she has an interesting story.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, rose711 said:

So what are all the real reason? There is a lot of hinting but not explaining what she did.

personally, I hope she doesn’t come back. If she does, I hope the show isn’t all about her.

We barely know anything about the stunning rookie dancers who made show group because of so much focus on her. It does ruin the show.  We’ve heard nothing from Brennan who I expected to see more from, she has an interesting story.

I think the team as a whole has left the DCC look. Some of the newer girls are good dancers for sure, but a lot of them, while pretty, don’t have that DCC vibe. Then again, noting how many other teams (patriots, lions, etc) are changing their look following #metoo by having much more concealing uniforms, and sneakers rather than boots, I’m wondering what plans DCC has to discourage “sexy” from the look. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

I think the team as a whole has left the DCC look. Some of the newer girls are good dancers for sure, but a lot of them, while pretty, don’t have that DCC vibe. Then again, noting how many other teams (patriots, lions, etc) are changing their look following #metoo by having much more concealing uniforms, and sneakers rather than boots, I’m wondering what plans DCC has to discourage “sexy” from the look. 

I think for a while now most girls have a more...young? vibe. I mean they are the same age as previous squads, but they used to look really sexy and more mature, while most girls now look young/fresh (Maddie, even jenna and Lacey) and more girl-next-door (like Danielle). I doubt it’s due to the #metoo movement though.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Copy right issue? It costs $$$ to use music for other shows.

I never really understood that. The show usually puts unknown songs on the map. Often I find myself looking for the songs after I see the girls perform to them on the show. They would remain pretty much unknown. If anything, the artists should be paying DCC for the publicity and getting their songs out there. Except of course the country songs....I seem to know all of them...lol

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think for a while now most girls have a more...young? vibe. I mean they are the same age as previous squads, but they used to look really sexy and more mature, while most girls now look young/fresh (Maddie, even jenna and Lacey) and more girl-next-door (like Danielle). I doubt it’s due to the #metoo movement though.

I definitely see this. I think Dayton really has that girl next door look, she's adorable.  

• Love 2

When Malena loses her train of thought during dancing and gets out of sequence, it is difficult for her to get back in the groove.  She really doesn't have the dance confidence to be a DCC.  That could be an impossible thing to overcome.  But I agree her cut should have already been done.

Not going to say much about Victoria.  But I don't think she believes she is "entitled."  Every visit to the office she says she hopes she isn't going to be cut.   You can have a big smile on the outside and be dying on the inside.   

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

When Malena loses her train of thought during dancing and gets out of sequence, it is difficult for her to get back in the groove.  She really doesn't have the dance confidence to be a DCC.  That could be an impossible thing to overcome.  But I agree her cut should have already been done.

Not going to say much about Victoria.  But I don't think she believes she is "entitled."  Every visit to the office she says she hopes she isn't going to be cut.   You can have a big smile on the outside and be dying on the inside.   

She doesn’t actually believe she will get cut. Kelli had to tell her “ I’m serious.” Then she put her head on the table. The girl is a mess.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, rose711 said:

She doesn’t actually believe she will get cut. Kelli had to tell her “ I’m serious.” Then she put her head on the table. The girl is a mess.

Well, she was told at the beginning that she was going to have this dramatic story arc that ended with her making the team. So she thinks it’s all show. Thank God her “thyroid” and her shocking lies ended that plan. 

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I just realized who Victoria reminds me of; Barbara Jean from Reba.

She reminds me of an adult version of Honey Boo Boo. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Because she's young and immature and people who are young and immature often do incredibly stupid things. But in many cases, that's what causes them to grow up. Or start to, anyway. 

I don't think VK is malicious or irredeemable. At least not based on what I've seen. She needs a few years somewhere else, but I believe she can be better and do better. She can earn a second chance. It's up to her whether she does it or not.

Honestly, I  don't think I could  take anything that happens on this show as a slap in the face. It's a show about some cheerleaders who wear sexy outfits and do dances like "sexy hips" for mediocre pay and the glory of it all. It is so far removed from my real life I just cant take it that seriously.

Yes to all of this. 

Not making excuses, but the prefrontal cortex doesn't fully developed until about 25.  There is a reason we all make bonehead decisions but blessed not to make them on a TV show.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

I never really understood that. The show usually puts unknown songs on the map. Often I find myself looking for the songs after I see the girls perform to them on the show. They would remain pretty much unknown. If anything, the artists should be paying DCC for the publicity and getting their songs out there. Except of course the country songs....I seem to know all of them...lol

People should be paid for their work.

A lot of people are involved in creating a song..it isn't just the featured performer who is the "face" of the song. It's the person who wrote the music, the person who wrote the lyrics, the producer, the session musicians, the backup singer, the record company, etc. The laws and contracts that govern royalty calculations are very complex because all of those people's interests must be served. There's a payment structure based on how much of the song is used, how often it is played, which version of the song it is, whether its played only in the first run, or in reruns, how long the show has been in reruns, what media the show was watched on, which cable provider, which country it was shown in, and on and on. A lot of that complexity was born from a situation where artists, etc were being taken advantage of by people who felt entitled to use other people's creative work without compensating them. None of the people involved work for free. Nor should they, particularly while CMT is making tons of advertising revenue off of the show. It is particularly important for the people who work in the background because for them exposure in lieu of monetary compensation doesn't pay the bills.

Now that I think of it, there are some interesting contrasts to the DCC. The DCC don't get paid much. They are told that the exposure, the celebrity, the honor of it, the passion for it should be enough. Most people outside of that situation don't think that's fair. The women go along with it mostly because they are young and either have minimal financial obligations or have other means of support. But that's generally not how it works for professionals who are adults who need to support themselves and have a reasonable standard of living. It's a lot harder to get people who are independent adults to work for little or no money. Even if they love and have a passion for what they are doing.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 10

Of course VK is going to be back next year.   There is no pivot or backup plan there.  There is no other dream.  Just DCC.   

That CMT bonus clip is really something.  The pressure at home to make Show Group line that Kelli says.  I feel for VK because her mom must be so delusional in a next level way.   You know that Judy and Shelly were not putting that kind of trip on Cassie or Dayton.   

• Love 6
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm just going to leave this right here...

5b9c4152a027f_kittysamvictoria.JPG.44552608fcfde6e65e22bfa7d7c70952.JPG

VK doesn't dance at Kitty's studio. She may take prep classes, but her home dance studio is Top Hat Dance Center. 

16 hours ago, sATL said:

Does the college offer dance as a major? have a dance team? She probably has outgrown her previous teacher - she needs to be going to Kitty !

It does have a Dance team. Here is some info: https://www.northlakecollege.edu/cd/instruct-divisions/nlc/arts/pages/dance.aspx

16 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Oh I know, I meant why do we even consider this a plausible scenario. Of course Kelli would put her at point right now if she could so she will take her back, but that’s definitely not normal (fairness has gone out of the window anyway).

Agreed. From what we've heard Dayton was told not to come back and was ignored. I wonder if Kelli will tell her to take an extra year and then come back. 

I get that some people like Victoria's looks and some don't (like me).  However, she could be the kind of girl that matures into a stunningly beautiful woman, especially if she's allowed to grow up.  Right now, she seems young, idealistic, sheltered, naive, etc.  Someone like that, once they get into the real world, either seem to go down a dark path because of all the "freedom" they have and don't take the responsibilities seriously or they experience life responsibly and grow up into the people we always wanted them to be.  This is just a generalization and does not apply to everyone, but it does seem to apply for a lot, especially the sheltered ones.  I really hope that Tina and Kelli can let Victoria go out and experience all that life has to offer her at this age because she seems a very young, very immature, 18 compared to some who have come through the "sisterhood" at that age.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Of course VK is going to be back next year.   There is no pivot or backup plan there.  There is no other dream.  Just DCC.   

That CMT bonus clip is really something.  The pressure at home to make Show Group line that Kelli says.  I feel for VK because her mom must be so delusional in a next level way.   You know that Judy and Shelly were not putting that kind of trip on Cassie or Dayton.   

Southern mothers are some of the worst at sending the message to their daughters that the very best things they can do with their lives are to, while you, be cheerleaders and beauty queens, and then marry young and pop out a bunch of kids.  Actually getting a meaningful education (i.e., not going to some crappy community college like VK is doing) and making something of themselves beyond once-beautiful baby factories is just not an option.  Disgusting. 

• Love 7
On 9/13/2018 at 2:39 AM, scorpio1031 said:

According to Melissa R, on one of the podcasts she did, the drastic weight gain was addressed cause it was too much, too soon.

Which podcast? Do you have a link available, please? :) 

23 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Yes to all of this. 

Not making excuses, but the prefrontal cortex doesn't fully developed until about 25.  There is a reason we all make bonehead decisions but blessed not to make them on a TV show.

Screenshot_20180915-101549_Chrome.jpg

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Agreed. From what we've heard Dayton was told not to come back and was ignored. I wonder if Kelli will tell her to take an extra year and then come back. 

A few people have posted that, but it doesn't square with what we heard last year, which is that Kelli took the time to give Dayton feedback and encouragement on what to work on for the next audition. I remember the outrage at the perceived favoritism since other candidates don't get notes from the director. Either what we heard latest year is not true, the story that Dayton was told not to audition was not true, or something happened in the intervening year that turned Kelli off enough that she would discourage Dayton. I don't really believe that last scenario.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

People should be paid for their work.

A lot of people are involved in creating a song..it isn't just the featured performer who is the "face" of the song. It's the person who wrote the music, the person who wrote the lyrics, the producer, the session musicians, the backup singer, the record company, etc. The laws and contracts that govern royalty calculations are very complex because all of those people's interests must be served. There's a payment structure based on how much of the song is used, how often it is played, which version of the song it is, whether its played only in the first run, or in reruns, how long the show has been in reruns, what media the show was watched on, which cable provider, which country it was shown in, and on and on. A lot of that complexity was born from a situation where artists, etc were being taken advantage of by people who felt entitled to use other people's creative work without compensating them. None of the people involved work for free. Nor should they, particularly while CMT is making tons of advertising revenue off of the show. It is particularly important for the people who work in the background because for them exposure in lieu of monetary compensation doesn't pay the bills.

Now that I think of it, there are some interesting contrasts to the DCC. The DCC don't get paid much. They are told that the exposure, the celebrity, the honor of it, the passion for it should be enough. Most people outside of that situation don't think that's fair. The women go along with it mostly because they are young and either have minimal financial obligations or have other means of support. But that's generally not how it works for professionals who are adults who need to support themselves and have a reasonable standard of living. It's a lot harder to get people who are independent adults to work for little or no money. Even if they love and have a passion for what they are doing.

That's true, but DCC puts a lot of them on the map. Otherwise, they would be no names with a lot of bills to pay as you mentioned.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

That's true, but DCC puts a lot of them on the map. Otherwise, they would be no names with a lot of bills to pay as you mentioned.

Like who? I'm not being obnoxious, I'd really like to know. Who are we talking about here who has become a name because of this show? I confess, I don't pay much attention to this type of thing. I've never downloaded a song after hearing it on MTT.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Like who? I'm not being obnoxious, I'd really like to know. Who are we talking about here who has become a name because of this show? I confess, I don't pay much attention to this type of thing. I've never downloaded a song after hearing it on MTT.

I have looked for quite a few songs that I had never heard before. I'm guessing they really weren't publicly out there or others wouldn't have been asking about the song (what's the title, who sings it, etc)....My phone is charging so I can't give you the list right now.....

20 hours ago, sATL said:

Anybody follow Malena on SM ? No job with a fancy title and probably lost the benefit of taking a college-level dance class on campus at a free/reduced rate, no DCC, family in NJ... Just hope she has a plan to rebound..

I heard she went back to her job.

14 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I watched a couple of episodes of season 6 last night, and Kelli mentioned that the team would end up being from 36 to 40 girls. I did not remember that at all. I'm wondering when 36 became a 'hard' number for the team. 

Judy mentioned 36 was the "perfect" even number for formations.

11 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was finally able to watch last nights episode on Amazon.  I feel VK is just too immature for this squad this year.  I am glad she was cut.  Plus, her hair really bothers me.  In her office visit it looks a hot mess.  She needed a good brushing.  Reminds me the time Judy talked about Jaclyn's hair and how she needed to "brush it."  I can only imagine what VK's hair would look like during a 4 hour game.  I hope if she comes back next year, they do something different with her hair.  I bet she would look cute if it was cut short. 

I like Erin's dancing, not in love with it, but her face bothers me from the side angle and up close.  Far away she looks pretty.  I think it's her nose.  I also don't think she would look that beautiful unless she has tons of makeup on.  I feel so terrible saying that!  

I second that. I really hope she matures and comes back better next year honestly. I like her energy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

That photo of VK (the promo?) was dreadful. Too much going on with her teeth/mouth and as you mentioned, the unbrushed hair.

Even though it is immature, I do understand a bit why she acts as she does with Kelli/Judy in the office. My late father was a principal in the junior high I attended.  He often had the two vice principals over to dinner with their families and even for  long weekends at their vacation home. I grew up with the two VPs and if I were called into their office (I wasn't ever) for a minor infraction, I believe I would have been quite comfortable. I also think that they might have been more lenient with me than with other students. I think something similar is going on with Victoria. She doesn't take the feedback as seriously because she believes that Kelli will put her on the squad in the end.

I agree with this.  I was the daughter of the beloved basketball coach.  I knew all the teachers on a first named basis (though I never would have called them that).  In some ways I was held to a higher standard and in other ways I got a free pass.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

A few people have posted that, but it doesn't square with what we heard last year, which is that Kelli took the time to give Dayton feedback and encouragement on what to work on for the next audition. I remember the outrage at the perceived favoritism since other candidates don't get notes from the director. Either what we heard latest year is not true, the story that Dayton was told not to audition was not true, or something happened in the intervening year that turned Kelli off enough that she would discourage Dayton. I don't really believe that last scenario.

Given Kelli's comment and overall disdain for Dayton this year, I don't believe she was given extra critiques on what to come back with. Her behavior lines up more with being told to wait. 

6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Given Kelli's comment and overall disdain for Dayton this year, I don't believe she was given extra critiques on what to come back with. Her behavior lines up more with being told to wait. 

I think the disdain for Dayton was edited big time in order to prove they were not showing any favoritism for her. I do not think she was given extra critiques from Kelli. She would be better off not trying out again. I think she has taken the best route for her after being cut.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I get that some people like Victoria's looks and some don't (like me).  However, she could be the kind of girl that matures into a stunningly beautiful woman, especially if she's allowed to grow up.  Right now, she seems young, idealistic, sheltered, naive, etc.  Someone like that, once they get into the real world, either seem to go down a dark path because of all the "freedom" they have and don't take the responsibilities seriously or they experience life responsibly and grow up into the people we always wanted them to be.  This is just a generalization and does not apply to everyone, but it does seem to apply for a lot, especially the sheltered ones.  I really hope that Tina and Kelli can let Victoria go out and experience all that life has to offer her at this age because she seems a very young, very immature, 18 compared to some who have come through the "sisterhood" at that age.  

I agree.  This is why I've previously posted I hope she considers taking time away from Dallas, her Mom and the DCC.  I think it would 150% benefit VK to experience life away from her sheltered circle.  Sure there could be some life lessons and hard knocks but in the long run, I think this could help her grow and mature.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I second that. I really hope she matures and comes back better next year honestly. I like her energy.

I like Victoria’s energy too. If she can harness that energy and come back composed next year, I think she will be fine on the team. JMHO

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I've done that much more with other shows (The OC and Gossip Girl, in particular, had great soundtracks and often featured lesser known artists). With MTT, I feel like they pick more popular songs that they think will enhance the dance numbers- "Handclap" comes to mind- so they're already pretty recognizable to viewers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I hear the songs on the radio first, but I don't always know the artist or full title. When I heard it again on the Semi/ Finals episode, I downloaded so I could have it when I work out/ jogging. Or there has been a song or two on MTT, but I downloaded another by the same artist. During the same time as Semi/Finals, I was following the suggestion of some else who runs  ( I was  annoyed with Pandora)- in that make my own download folder and therefore I will know how long the songs are.  

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I like Victoria’s energy too. If she can harness that energy and come back composed next year, I think she will be fine on the team. JMHO

I honestly think she needs more than 1 more year. Maybe 2 years, best case, 3 years. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I would like to hope VK and Dayton get experience on a NBA team . VK already has the energy (ie likes to be "seen") and I think it would pull Dayton out of her dance-style shell. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Quite the opposite...from several voices. 

Keen eye ?

Would you say the edit Dayton is getting is a fair representation of her TC experience? I know it's easy to edit these shows into anything they want, but if it's true that she wasn't told to wait a year, is it also true that her experience isn't quite as negative as the views have seen?

The VK shade though is epic...and I love it. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

She already looks more mature (face wise of course) than 18 and I’m one of those who think she’s not all that pretty. BUT I think she will look stunning at around 25-30, as she will look relatively the same but it will match her actual age. And hopefully she will tone down the makeup as it doesn’t do her any favors.

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Southern mothers are some of the worst at sending the message to their daughters that the very best things they can do with their lives are to, while you, be cheerleaders and beauty queens, and then marry young and pop out a bunch of kids.  Actually getting a meaningful education (i.e., not going to some crappy community college like VK is doing) and making something of themselves beyond once-beautiful baby factories is just not an option.  Disgusting. 

I’m not from the US so I don’t want to judge, but that’s definitely the reputation the south has won internationally... And just by observing dccs & alumna it does seem correct.

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I was I think the most vocal ‘hater’ last year when Shelly herself revealed that and I was pretty mad because #reasons. I doubt she would lie about something that could potentially make her child look bad. I don’t doubt it’s true and it makes sense considering that Shelly also admitted that Dayton’s cut was surprising-which is more in line with what we have observed here aka she’s killing it when on the background.

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Does it really take one year for someone to mature from lying to employers AND family and acting so childish at work and in front of cameras? She needs to finish college at least.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Wow, apparently Shelly is not a VK fan either!

I disagree with this statement. I think Shelly is neutral on this subject. I believe she was referring to the critique of VKs ballet technique where I think VK falls short.

• Love 24