Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree!  To me, that shows just how flawed the audition process is.  I remember one of those early seasons they showed Kelli dancing at one point during prelims and I thought "wow, she's great!" But she didn't make it, nor was she one of the featured girls so we weren't told anything about her.  The season she didn't finally make it (and made show group as a rookie!!), there was a training camp rehearsal where Kelli said "that's the first time I've ever noticed how good you are" or something to that effect.  I thought -- are you blind???

Yeah, I see why Lacey isn't point.  She's too wispy of a dancer.  Lovely to be sure, but power is not her strong suit.  Point needs to be a powerhouse dancer.

Agree 100 %  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Kelli is only 53 years old. She won’t retire any time soon. I imagine she’ll stick around for at least another ten years, barring any health problems or other unknowns. Judy is 60 so her retirement is definitely closer, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she stuck around until she’s 65, or hell, even 70.

I wonder if a GENEROUS pay out would get them out?

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I seriously can’t believe Judy is 60. She looks gorgeous.

She does look great, but this season her forehead went to completely wrinkle free and paralyzed when it wasn’t like that before  - so she’s now clearly had work done.   I didn’t think she looked as plastic in prior years.  

• Love 3

I know it's very premature, but I could see another random girl become the point next season.  My money's on Lexie, if she doesn't retire.  I think they love a blonde in the front, and Lexie is very pretty - not particularly a standout dancer, although they put her in Showgroup so that's saying something.  I just dont see Maddie, Gina or Kelli being the standout pretty girl they like to be the face of the squad.  Maddie makes sense as a group leader and I can see her being a 5 year vet, but not point.  Tasha is another possibility.

I would have never guessed Kashara would have been point at the beginning of last season.   What was Kashara's position before they moved her to point?  She wasn't even on showgroup before she got the ultimate promotion.

Edited by Stee
  • Love 4

Agree and totally did not understand how Kelli was overlooked.  Even the show zoomed in on her one season when someone was talking about something like “outstanding talent this year”.  

Judy at 60 is my goal!  K & J are doing a good job creating a team.  Someone can be a good dancer but not a sparkly performer.  They are looking for performers.  

I could not see Jenn as director.  I did not like her in this season’s episode when she was teaching the vets.  Jay? Pphhzz.

I love Kashara at point and to me, Lacey is “noodley”. 

This season is boring to me still.  There is not enough footage to even make out what someone is doing.  Too many filming cuts.  No problem with Victoria being there but not in every speaking scene.  Geez.  And she is definitely not ready for this team. 

I would love to see Erin after her performance last year.

Malena should not have continued in camp.  She should have been the 1st few cut. 

The few seconds that I saw of Dayton outside doing the kick line I though she looked good compared to what we have witnessed in the earlier episodes. Legs were high and a smile was on her face.  This is a hard season to determine how everyone is doing.  I miss when they opened up training camp by doing lines.  

Loved the clip of their performance at preseason.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Stee said:

I know it's very premature, but I could see another random girl become the point next season.  My money's on Lexie, if she doesn't retire.  I think they love a blonde in the front, and Lexie is very pretty - not particularly a standout dancer, although they put her in Showgroup so that's saying something.  I just dont see Maddie, Gina or Kelli being the standout pretty girl they like to be the face of the squad.  Maddie makes sense as a group leader and I can see her being a 5 year vet, but not point.  Tasha is another possibility.

I would have never guessed Kashara would have been point at the beginning of last season.   What was Kashara's position before they moved her to point?  She wasn't even on showgroup before she got the ultimate promotion.

I too think it will be a suprise again, more like Holly A. thank Kashara- I think Kash last year made sense considering that all 3 contenders (Holly, Jenna, Erica) were out of consideration and they litterally didn’t have enough powerful vets to put front and center. Not that Kash isn’t good as point, but yeah she wouldn’t ‘beat’ all 3 of them under normal circumstances. I can’t see Gina and her weird facials as point, but definitely triangle. I mean if you don’t put an Emma or Ashton at point, you don’t put a Gina... BUT then if they have Gina and Maddie, they better pick a super duper point or...

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Stee said:

If you look back at a video from their cheer camp last year, KaShara was to Jenna's left in the triangle formation. They switched places after her situation with Holly.

As for her making Show Group. The judges held auditions some time before the vets went to Canton. I say that because I recall Judy assigning spots in the triangle formation on the same night they decided to use some of that rehearsal time to prepare for the HOF Game.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

I don’t believe for one second he was ever interested in her. He is known very well for having a type and Jenna is no way , shape or form that type. 

any fresh selections to choose from in this year's squad ?  :)

3 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Kelli is only 53 years old. She won’t retire any time soon. I imagine she’ll stick around for at least another ten years, barring any health problems or other unknowns. Judy is 60 so her retirement is definitely closer, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she stuck around until she’s 65, or hell, even 70.

My only problem with Kelli is that she can build a great squad, but she allows the toxic girls to remain instead of dealing with them.  Who cares if they are a great dancer?  If someone is consistently tardy or has attitude, then deal with them at the time.  If you have girls fraternizing, why let them stay on the squad or try out again.  I realize that it's difficult to cut a girl mid-season, but it's no different when they quit.  You still have to redo the formations and lines.  

22 minutes ago, sATL said:

any fresh selections to choose from in this year's squad ?  :)

I would seriously hope that after the drama of the last year or so, that Kelli would have a different kind of speech prepared for TC this year.  However, if you read my above post - probably not:/  And I could be mistaken, but there seems to be a different level of maturity with this squad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Unless there is a reason to have another woman who's personality and leadership outweighs Gina, I think she'll be point or at least in the triangle. Lexie isn't strong enough as far as the videos show. She looked winded in the video someone posted of the first preseason opening dance. However, she is still a good dancer. Heather is a great dancer to watch. Kashara was never going to lose her point position this year just because another vet is better. Once that position is earned, and I'm sure it's a great responsibility and huge honor, you're not going to lose it for someone else, as the history of DCC has shown (barring discipline issue or injury). Many of the dancers have held that spot until they retire. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

She does look great, but this season her forehead went to completely wrinkle free and paralyzed when it wasn’t like that before  - so she’s now clearly had work done.   I didn’t think she looked as plastic in prior years.  

Yeah, her eyes look weird to me this season, clearly she did something.  Judy, you're gorgeous -- you don't need to have work done!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stee said:

I think Gina’s pretty enough when she isn’t standing still and smiling. Her smile makes her look off, but I think she looks fine otherwise. I could see Lexi in that position however. 

Kashara getting point was a perfect storm and a situation where dominos all fell just right for her: the retirements of basically everyone in her rookie class who had been show group and would’ve likely been point over her (except Holly, who left later), Jenn K’s and Melissa’s retirements, and then the Jenna, Erica, Holly mess. The only ones senior to her who were left were Lacey and Jinelle, and I don’t think they were going to put Jinelle at point. The funny thing is that I could see a similar situation next year where the dominos fall to a current rookie. I think Gina is the obvious option, but if she retires or something happens with her, I don’t see another obvious option from the 3 and 2 year girls.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

If you look back at a video from their cheer camp last year, KaShara was to Jenna's left in the triangle formation. They switched places after her situation with Holly.

As for her making Show Group. The judges held auditions some time before the vets went to Canton. I say that because I recall Judy assigning spots in the triangle formation on the same night they decided to use some of that rehearsal time to prepare for the HOF Game.

Actually if you look at the episode before Canton, Kashara was in the back row. After the pffice meeting with Jenna, they even commented how they had to re-block the formation.

It looks like they just took Kash from the back center and made her point. I thought because it was the easiest way to redo it quickly.

Then some more stuff happened and she stayed there 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Heather is a great dancer to watch. 

I love Heather!  One of my favorites and I would have suggested her as a possible point too. But after @JohnGalt mentioning that she was in the doghouse with Kelly, and losing her status as a Group Leader, I don’t know if they would make her point. I also noticed that she didn’t move up in the triangle this season - I believe Gina moved closer to the center and Heather never moved forward.  Before the beginning of this year, I would have guessed she was a shoo-in for Group Leader, Triangle and even calendar covergirl.  But what do I know, I was guessing a Maggie-Robin-Lacey triangle this year ???

Edited by Stee
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Do you think Holly P would be point this season if she had kept her nose clean?  I thought she was really an eye catcher!

Don’t think she would have been, because I think last year would have been Holly’s last season regardless.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Holly was far too talented to be a DCC for more than a few years.  I think she would have moved on, and never been a GL or in the triangle.  But that’s just my thoughts.  Anyone else?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ales-ya said:

Don’t think she would have been, because I think last year would have been Holly’s last season regardless.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Holly was far too talented to be a DCC for more than a few years.  I think she would have moved on, and never been a GL or in the triangle.  But that’s just my thoughts.  Anyone else?

Just now, Jennv said:

I'm getting so confused, what year was Holly in when she left?

It would have been Holly's third year, same as KaShara

I don't think she would have been point.  First of all, they wouldn't have taken that away from KaShara.  I don't see Holly as the leader that KaShara is, or that the other girls were.  I don't know if K&J would have ever made her a point or GL unless she really showed she had matured in their eyes, or could be a leader.  Also, what happened was televised - they would have to justify their choice.

At the same time, I think it's too bad she didn't finish out her year cause the girl was talented.  But I think she made the better choice for herself.  She has the talent, the look and hopefully, the smarts to create a long lasting career for herself.

1 minute ago, Tootie said:

I THINK this is it....  Has anyone seen any pictures to suggest otherwise??

2018-09-11 (41).png

WOW!!!!!!!  I am so freaking impressed:)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Pretty sure this is the kickline order....

2018-09-11 (43).png

Seriously, the only way for me to do this kind of stuff would be to get a ruler, pencil and markers and draw it on my computer screen:)  Thank you for doing all this!!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am a Jay fan so I don't mind his segments.  They are always over the top but I appreciate that he truly seems to care about the girls doing their best, being in great shape and making/staying on the squad.  I feel like this segment was just edited weird and we missed something that happened...maybe he was trying to get everyone's attention for a while and some were messing around or didn't pay attention.  I also do not think Jay was trying to make it sound like he had a say in who got cut.  I think his point was that, this audition process is hardcore - take it seriously because if you think it's a joke, you aren't going to be prepared and Kelli and Judy will cut you from camp.  I guess I just did not take it like he was acting like HE made those decisions.

Agreed.

The video of the new squad? Was it me or did they do something with the music? It sounded like they altered it right before the girls got in the line for the kicks. Lines are great as someone else stated but I saw KaShara not finish a few moves. Since she is point, that’s not great.

8 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

The girl on the end of the kickline (Maybee Ashlee)  Her kicks are smackin!  To the forehead!

A brunette right? I noticed that too. Seriously great kicks. How embarrassing but I have to say this, who’s Ashlee? Oy, I really don’t know these girls.

5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Answer:  Not soon enough.

Oh dear.

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

2018-09-11 (41).png

I'm surprised Tess is so far back and so in the middle of things.  I would think she would be further forward and more towards the outside instead of buried in the middle.  Frankly, I think the more years you have on the squad, the further forward you should be in the triangle until you can go no further for whatever reason because you're a stronger, better dancer (especially at the DCC style, then the new girls).  I would like to be surprised that there are THREE 3-year vets so far back, but really, Tess is the only one that does and, if she has to be so far back, she should be where Yuko is, on the outside.  I'm not surprised that Gina and Lauren have moved up some in the triangle because they're rock start dancers and pretty (Gina is more sultry and Lauren is more girl-next-door).  What DOES surprise me is that there are so many rookies so far up in the triangle.  Well, that and that they put Christina on the outside row.  She's probably the only one of the current 2-year vets who will permanenly stay in the back two rows of the formation until she retires or gets cut.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

i mean if you don’t put an Emma or Ashton at point, you don’t put a Gina... BUT then if they have Gina and Maddie, they better pick a super duper point or...

...or you might as well be the EAGLES CHEERLEADERS. 

• Love 1

Wow - never realized how much the entire formation was based on dance ability.   Here silly me thought it was just the front four of the triangle (the point, two sides and the one right behind point) that meant something - I thought the rest of it was mostly height and hair color based.

But when you look at show group versus not and where people are it’s clear they are placing them based on how, in their opinion, they dance.   I can imagine it’s got to be really competitive/stressful when they start to call out those formation placements, and it’s got to cause drama when a girl doesn’t get put where she feels she deserves or if someone gets a better spot than others think they should - and that goes for the whole triangle - not just the few front spots!

Goodness.   I wonder if that next day after the formations are set, J&K have to deal w/ drama and upset girls who don’t like their placement.   It’s kind of like when my daughter’s dance studio releases their group assisgments (a list which girls will be in each of the smaller competition dances and it’s clear which ones are “better” than others) - the next few days are filled w/ all kinds of meetings w/ parents upset about the placements and often times there will be a girl or two who leaves the studio over it all.  There’s always a lot of drama and hurt feelings - but I guess that’s how dance goes.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4

Does anyone know if height plays a role in placement in the triangle? I mean Hannah, Taylor, Miranda, and Tess are probably the tallest on the team, all very close to each other in the triangle (which is very close to where they do the kickline) and then the middle 4 when they do the kickline.

Edited by Monique
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

This is the tragedy of  AT&T Stadium. So many die hard long time season ticket holders from Texas Stadium couldn’t afford to buy the PSL and season tickets at the new stadium. My husband’s family had 40 yard line season tickets at Texas Stadium and there’s no way they were going to buy those at AT&T. The Jones family got greedy and eliminated a lot of their fan base. We’ve been to games at AT&T and the atmosphere isn’t the same. The field level seats in the club level are full of people dressed to the nines who care more about being seen and partying than watching the game. Everyone was in their seats at Texas Stadium by the time the DCC came on, now the stadium is maybe half full. And they get a lot of visiting team fans who buy tickets from season ticket holders. They’ve lost their home field advantage.

I honestly don't even think games at AT&T are that fun. I miss walking across the freeway on the ramp from the parking lot through all the tailgaters hearing fans screaming “HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!” It was such an old school NFL game experience. 

I will echo this. Tons of friends who are Eagles fans, and far and away the easiest and cheapest road ticket to score is Dallas. It’s not even close. Last year they paid triple face value for KC.

• Love 3

Ok I know that this is very very VERY late, but quick question for @ShellyB when Dayton (or anyone that comes thro DCC eg like any other legacy/kids that grew up around DCC like Junior DCC etc) was in Training camp, I know you said you couldn't teach her the dances from current/previous season as it'd give her an advantage. So my question is, once that particular dance has been taught (in training camp) and she's trying to learn it (eg at home etc) are you allowed to help her/them? 

Also Thanks Tootie thats great but .. I know Kelly and Judy and co is always like "the triangle/point isnt that important" but is Amy really that far back and on the inside of the triangle?

Another thing I noticed in some of the videos/group performances is Gina a count or 2 behind everyone else or is that me? Eg that plaza performanace I saw a few weeks back? (or I think it was the plaza or one of the performanaces from this year that was posted somewhere, that I cant remember where I saw)

3 hours ago, Tootie said:

2018-09-11 (41).png

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CrazyEve said:

Ok I know that this is very very VERY late, but quick question for @ShellyB when Dayton (or anyone that comes thro DCC eg like any other legacy/kids that grew up around DCC like Junior DCC etc) was in Training camp, I know you said you couldn't teach her the dances from current/previous season as it'd give her an advantage. So my question is, once that particular dance has been taught (in training camp) and she's trying to learn it (eg at home etc) are you allowed to help her/them? 

Also Thanks Tootie thats great but .. I know Kelly and Judy and co is always like "the triangle/point isnt that important" but is Amy really that far back and on the inside of the triangle?

Another thing I noticed in some of the videos/group performances is Gina a count or 2 behind everyone else or is that me? Eg that plaza performanace I saw a few weeks back? (or I think it was the plaza or one of the performanaces from this year that was posted somewhere, that I cant remember where I saw)

She does extra hair flipping and extra bouncing to get noticed. That's why she looks off.

• Love 4

You can tell that Jessika is not one of the most respected dancers given her placement in the pyramid.  Connections might have kept her on the team (she should have been cut) but can't seem to move her up in the triangle.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

She does extra hair flipping and extra bouncing to get noticed. That's why she looks off.

Yea thanks I think it doesn't look like that to an untrained dancer. I guess now you said it I better find them vids and rewatch it.

Catching on 3 weeks episode in 1 go is nice. I missed Courtney cook just so nice to see her so healthy, I wish Courtney would re-audition (shes one of my girl crushes and I doubt she would re-audition again) and I laughed (in a good way) when I saw @ShellyB popping her head around to watch Dayton's uniform fitting and I was like. I wonder how they would edit Victoria's uniform fitting and what would Tina be doing ...

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I will echo this. Tons of friends who are Eagles fans, and far and away the easiest and cheapest road ticket to score is Dallas. It’s not even close. Last year they paid triple face value for KC.

I was at that KC Eagles game...y’all’s  QB was adorable and the fans were obsessed! So many wearing his jersey or his college jersey. One guy said he loved him but hated the Eagles so he had to keep wearing his college gear ? The fans around me were super nice too, which was great. Tho most are at Arrowhead...generally it’s just the Raiders games that get frisky. Broncos to a lesser extent. 

One of my first games at AT&T was also an Eagles game...my dad scored suite tickets during playoffs and I swear I couldn’t take my eyes off the big screen. And you bet your ass I was there for the DCC pregame ??

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

5 - Copy.jpg

• Love 1

I happen to think Maddie M is pretty. Gina is not good looking at all.

You really have to wonder what happened to the DCC that they don’t have

women staying 4 or 5 years anymore. I’m sure the lousy compensation has

a lot to do with it.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

5 - Copy.jpg

Aw thanks, I thought she would have been like on the side and further up front like in Maddie or Kelli's place or something like that. But thats me still thinking seniority has a higher placing (till I remembered Jinelle and Nicole B, was never that far up in the triangle were there, in their senior years?)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

Wow, thank you tootie for the formation. I’m surprised Alexis is so far back. Also yay Maddie, up front for you Maddie, you go Maddie!!!

I’m surprised abt her molly and Miranda 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

I happen to think Maddie M is pretty. Gina is not good looking at all.

You really have to wonder what happened to the DCC that they don’t have

women staying 4 or 5 years anymore. I’m sure the lousy compensation has

a lot to do with it.

Or it could be that they keep putting rookies in front of vets in the formation without explanation.   Also moving up certain girls from the back row to point in spite of them not even being in SG or a GL the year prior.   Stuff like that upsets people.

• Love 3
Just now, Holly85 said:

I know right they put the majority of their show group ladies towards the front 

I think they do that so it's easier for show group performances. I'm sure it's much easier to have the SG already in a pyramid formation and know all their groups rather than having to change their groups every time they perform. It could be a risk if they have a show group performance on a Saturday in one formation, and then a game the very next day where they are in a completely different spot and all their groups have changed in the pyramid.

• Love 13