Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Again, there was no reason for Bethenny to make Richards standing less than other than to build herself up, it was nasty IMO

I saw it as Bethenny attempting to explain why this drunk who knew nothing about the current situation in Haiti was tellling a man who was directing Haitian relief efforts, adopted children from Haiti that he was wrong.  That Haiti was unsustainable, or isuussstannn as she slurred it.  Because 10 years ago she served cocktails at a party that raised money?  Because 10 years ago her husband as an economist said so?   That was the reason she was attempting to negate the shit that came out of that drunks mouth.  She was not building herself up.  She was trying to explain why Dorinda was dissing Michael’s effort.  Other than just saying she’s a big ole drunk.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, he’s one of many as a power broker.  

He was one of the top power brokers, period -- and his grasp was wide (political, as Chief Economist for the House Banking Committee, and Chief of Staff for the Dem Senate leadership under Byrd) economic (Soros was only Medley's starting point -- after his term as Partner & Managing Director at Soros Fund Management, he opened his own firm which became the dominant intelligence firm in hedge funds/proprietary trading) and -- all jokes about Money Lords aside! --  nobody receives lifetime membership in The Council on Foreign Relations without major power and resources. 

I think Frankel's anger at Dorinda led her into saying something petty and sour and ignorant, but even if she were right (and Richard Medley had been the power equivalent of one of Dorinda's "water boys") she'd still look awful for having slighted a dead man.  Such a shitty thing to do.

eta:

Almost as shitty in my mind as Dorinda telling Michael that he was a liar when he said kids in their program were in college.

I don't agree she was calling him a "liar"( @KungFuBunny, we need some translating! :) but that aside, yes, Frankel can behave  like trash, and so can Dorinda -- difference to me is,  Frankel insulted a dead man unable to challenge her ignorance (as Michael was able to do).  Pissing on the dead is a particularly foul thing to do, imo. YMMV.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think Frankel's anger at Dorinda led her into saying something petty and sour and ignorant, but even if she were right (and Richard Medley had been the equivalent of one of Dorinda's "water boys") she'd still look awful for having slighted a dead man.  Such a shitty thing to do.

Almost as shitty in my mind as Dorinda telling Michael that he was a liar when he said kids in their program were in college.  And she said that because Richard told her that Haiti was unsustainable 10 years ago.  Oh and also because she was drunk.

• Love 8
(edited)
53 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I saw it as Bethenny attempting to explain why this drunk who knew nothing about the current situation in Haiti was tellling a man who was directing Haitian relief efforts, adopted children from Haiti that he was wrong.  That Haiti was unsustainable, or isuussstannn as she slurred it.  Because 10 years ago she served cocktails at a party that raised money?  Because 10 years ago her husband as an economist said so?   That was the reason she was attempting to negate the shit that came out of that drunks mouth.  She was not building herself up.  She was trying to explain why Dorinda was dissing Michael’s effort.  Other than just saying she’s a big ole drunk.

All Bethenny needed to say was to point out that Dorinda was drunk and not up to date on Haiti, not insult a dead man, which is exactly what she did. But. that's Bethenny, make others less than to build herself up.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

All Bethenny needed to say was to point out that Dorinda was drunk and not up to date on Haiti, not insult a dead man, which is exactly what she did. But. that's Bethenny, make others less than to build herself up.

I agree, there was no need to mention Dorinda's late husband. Dorinda's behaviour was because she was drunk, not because she had a 'slightly powerful' husband once. It was kind of unnecessary for Bethenny to diminish who or what Richard was, whether he was 'slightly' powerful or not. If Bethenny wanted to explain the reason why Dorinda was behaving so erratically all she needed to do was explain that Dorinda gets that way when she drinks, but then she might of had to answer questions about why she brought Dorinda on that trip or had drinks with her before dinner. True, Dorinda is the one responsible for Dorinda but, come on Frankel! You can't say you didn't see a drunken downward stumbling spiral like that one coming, it's what happens when Doris drinks. It's literally her THING.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, I guess if my guest called the man responsible for the aid mission a liar I would just say oh gosh she’s not up to date on Haiti.  Still don’t see how it builds Bethenny up.  She never said anything that put herself up.  She just called the town drunk out when she insulted a live man to his face.  Dorinda argued with Michael on things becoming better in Haiti.  She called him a liar to his face.  So Bethenny saying slightly powerful is laughable in comparison.  And does nothing to build up Bethenny.  It just helps explain where this slurring UES maven got her outdated opinion.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, coops said:

I agree, there was no need to mention Dorinda's late husband. Dorinda's behaviour was because she was drunk, not because she had a 'slightly powerful' husband once. It was kind of unnecessary for Bethenny to diminish who or what Richard was, whether he was 'slightly' powerful or not. If Bethenny wanted to explain the reason why Dorinda was behaving so erratically all she needed to do was explain that Dorinda gets that way when she drinks, but then she might of had to answer questions about why she brought Dorinda on that trip or had drinks with her before dinner. True, Dorinda is the one responsible for Dorinda but, come on Frankel! You can't say you didn't see a drunken downward stumbling spiral like that one coming, it's what happens when Doris drinks. It's literally her THING.

Yes, which is why I keep coming back  to "Why pick drunk Dorinda"! LOL

3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, I guess if my guest called the man responsible for the aid mission a liar I would just say oh gosh she’s not up to date on Haiti.  Still don’t see how it builds Bethenny up.  She never said anything that put herself up.  She just called the town drunk out when she insulted a live man to his face.  Dorinda argued with Michael on things becoming better in Haiti.  She called him a liar to his face.  So Bethenny saying slightly powerful is laughable in comparison.  And does nothing to build up Bethenny.  It just helps explain where this slurring UES maven got her outdated opinion.

Except that she didn't call out Dorinda, she negated the worth/work of a dead man, including the charity fundraising work he did for Haiti well before Bethenny's partner started to help Haiti. She didn't need to mention Richard, she only needed to address Dorinda's drunken behavior, something she was well aware of before she asked Dorinda to go to PR. Seriously, she didn't need to explain anything beyond that Dorinda got drunk and wasn't thinking clearly because, as Bethenny herself pointed out, her partner fully understands addiction as he is a recovering addict himself and is well aware of that sort of behavior. She picked Dorinda knowing how she gets when she drinks and then had several drinks with her before this "important" meeting, she has blame in this as well.

• Love 8

With 13 pages of comments, I'm sure I won't say anything that hasn't been said before, but I have to say Dorinda is an almost text book alcoholic who is in such denial that it will probably be years before she even attempts sobriety. For one thing, it's what's keeping her relevant on a reality show!  While she's one of Andy and Bravo's and the fans favorites for her out of control behavior and guaranteed meltdowns, she has not nearly hit bottom and probably won't until something happens that's worse than embarrassment and that's not likely to happen because her money can buy her out of any problems. Perhaps when it effects her relationship with her daughter or her health, she may be tempted to seek help, but it's a long way off in my opinion.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

With 13 pages of comments, I'm sure I won't say anything that hasn't been said before, but I have to say Dorinda is an almost text book alcoholic who is in such denial that it will probably be years before she even attempts sobriety. For one thing, it's what's keeping her relevant on a reality show!  While she's one of Andy and Bravo's and the fans favorites for her out of control behavior and guaranteed meltdowns, she has not nearly hit bottom and probably won't until something happens that's worse than embarrassment and that's not likely to happen because her money can buy her out of any problems. Perhaps when it effects her relationship with her daughter or her health, she may be tempted to seek help, but it's a long way off in my opinion.

I agree, she isn't anywhere near her rock bottom. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja is lying in a bed of her own making. She blew through the money she got in the divorce because she tried to scam a movie studio, which ended up costing her more in the long run. Both Heather and Bethenny tried to help her start her own business but she was too lazy to do the work she needed to do. Sonja wants the big money lifestyle but doesn't want to work for it, she wants it handed to her. 

Wirewrap, would you mind explaining what Sonja hoped to gain from that film project? I think I remember she contracted to provide financing, but eventually had to admit that she didn’t have the money. Something like that?

• Love 2

I haven't been watching this season.  Last year was beyond great but I'm really bummed about Sonja not getting her shit together.  I root and root and root for her, but she makes it really hard.  From what I've read, this season would be hard for me to take.

Two cents on Dorinda - I think it extends beyond alcohol.  I'd wager that she's mixing substances.  And, there ain't no way Dorinda will come clean.  She's found a VERY comfortable lane in which to live (or duck out of life....however you wanna look at it).  She's not going to give it up.   I do believe she is still bereaving.  I'm not sure what stage of loss she is in, but she's stuck there for sure.

• Love 8

I've been in Dorinda's shoes in the past.  I have been "Clip, clip, clip" Dorinda, stabbing myself in the hand Dorinda, Halloween party Dorinda and drunken fool at a business dinner Dorinda. I hit rock bottom when my arthritic hip went out and I was physically unable to go out and buy alcohol and nobody would do it for me. I got sober and have stayed that way for four years now. (Since then, I have a new hip and am doing well and kick myself for not getting sober sooner because I feel so great.) Anyway, this isn't about me, but just saying that I can relate. Dorinda is on the short road to full-blown alcoholism -- is she isn't there already. I am relatively new to this show (second season viewing) so while I thought "Clip! Clip! Clip!" was kind of funny and at the time, I thought it was an isolated incident. Now, we are maybe 1/4 into the new season and practically every episode, Dorinda has gotten shit-faced and blown up at people or made an ass of herself.

Girlfriend definitely knows she has a problem but isn't willing/ready to seriously face it head-on just yet.  I agree with the poster who said she has a long way to go to hit rock bottom because she has the financial resources to bail herself out. I honestly don't even think her going to rehab right now would do one bit of good.  She does have a lot going on emotionally and it probably would do her good to sort it out with a therapist before she does anything drastic like ending things with John, because "losing" him right now, I believe, would just be too much. She is in denial and making excuses. She is probably embarrassed and feels helpless because she knows something is very wrong but either will not or cannot stop, so that (along with more drinking) prompted the nasty tweets. Focusing on what was said about Richard deflects from the real issue going on with her.

While it was rude what Bethenney said about Dorinda's husband, I don't think Beth was stone-cold sober at that dinner, either. Whether the remark was intended to sting or just a poor choice or words, there was no need to bring up Richard. I have no doubt that Dorinda was hitting the mini-bar big time from the moment she got to her hotel room as well as in-between drinks with Bethenney and more drinks in the hotel bar. She should have excused herself from attending the dinner or Bethenney should have intervened and told her to go back to her room and get some sleep.

Bethenney did indeed, call Dorinda "a drunk," but she also started to say something that I paid close attention to. In floundering for words, it sounded like Bethenney started to say, "Maybe you're aller ..." I think that what she was trying to explain/figure out is that Dorinda is the type of person who can't stop at a drink or two. She just keeps drinking and drinking and drinking to reach and maintain the same level of "buzz" that a normal person feels after one or two drinks and they are done. It is a chemical reaction of the brain/body and affects certain people. That's what my problem was. Alcoholism is a sneaky condition and Dorinda has clearly moved from social drinking to I am sure, drinking at home all day long. I know I did. It is a terrible cycle to be caught in, but you can't get out of it unless you are really ready.

I am not making excuses for her. I feel very sorry for her and hope she gets help before something terrible happens; either she has some kind of accident alone at home (which she fears) or gets sick or ruins some kind of relationship beyond repair. While her drunken antics make for entertaining T.V., she has demonstrated that she can bring the drama when she's sober just as hard and heavy.

On to Carole. She is starting to become the "Dorit" of this franchise with the crazy clothes and arrogance. I thought her scathing remarks about the marathon party's short-falls were jokes but I now believe they weren't. She really has put herself on a pedestal. I personally think that she is devastated about what is going on with Adam and is coping by morphing from "cool chic" (yeah, right) to diva alert.

I can't add anything more to what's already been said about the rest of the gang.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wirewrap, would you mind explaining what Sonja hoped to gain from that film project? I think I remember she contracted to provide financing, but eventually had to admit that she didn’t have the money. Something like that?

Quick money. She knew she didn't have the money when she signed the contract and I suspect she thought her soon to be ex would cover it for her, then she could pull out of the deal and keep Morgan's money. Sonja really believes she is entitled to the lifestyle she lived with him and that he should pay for it forever.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Quick money. She knew she didn't have the money when she signed the contract and I suspect she thought her soon to be ex would cover it for her, then she could pull out of the deal and keep Morgan's money. Sonja really believes she is entitled to the lifestyle she lived with him and that he should pay for it forever.

Whoa! That is truly despicable and pathetic. You’re so right. This is entitlement to such a disturbing degree. 

Thank you for explaining this to me. 

It really does make me wonder what Morgan was thinking when he married her. 

• Love 9
(edited)
28 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Whoa! That is truly despicable and pathetic. You’re so right. This is entitlement to such a disturbing degree. 

He was probably receptive to her sexual harassment... I mean, feminine wiles... I'm sure it worked well for her when she was younger - her con abilities have waned though with each passing year. I would also suspect the whole "movie deal" was her hopeful path to the hollywood scene, but without any real effort... or money (of her own)...

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 10

Gosh, why is it that when someone is said to have died from acute liver failure, the immediate thought by some is that this person was a drunk, an alcoholic, someone who drank themselves to death?  Do a google on acute liver failure before passing judgement.  Especially when it's a person that you don't even know.

There was no reason for Beth to say what she did about Richard.  No reason.  But that is Beth.  And that's why I can't stand her.  She can say her friend is drunk.  She can say that her friend's husband was involved with xyz.   But there is no justification for saying that her husband was slightly this or that.  But Beth is very focused on her own importance and that's what she does.

As for Dorinda, I don't know if she's an alcoholic.  I don't know if she spends her time drinking all day.  I don't know if she imbibes in other drugs.  I can say that it looks like she has some problems with alcohol given the behavior we've seen.  But that doesn't make her an alcoholic which is a pretty serious accusation given that 'I' have only seen her a few hours during a year.  Just sayin....

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Gosh, why is it that when someone is said to have died from acute liver failure, the immediate thought by some is that this person was a drunk, an alcoholic, someone who drank themselves to death?  Do a google on acute liver failure before passing judgement.  Especially when it's a person that you don't even know.

There was no reason for Beth to say what she did about Richard.  No reason.  But that is Beth.  And that's why I can't stand her.  She can say her friend is drunk.  She can say that her friend's husband was involved with xyz.   But there is no justification for saying that her husband was slightly this or that.  But Beth is very focused on her own importance and that's what she does.

As for Dorinda, I don't know if she's an alcoholic.  I don't know if she spends her time drinking all day.  I don't know if she imbibes in other drugs.  I can say that it looks like she has some problems with alcohol given the behavior we've seen.  But that doesn't make her an alcoholic which is a pretty serious accusation given that 'I' have only seen her a few hours during a year.  Just sayin....

Can you imagine if someone were to describe Bethenny as "slightly" successful or  "slightly"  a philanthropist?

Jeez, she is just so damned offensive.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

"....I'm a buy-sexual: If I buy you something, will you get sexual?...."

Just a guess.........

• Love 11
(edited)

On WWHL, Andy asked Ramona her reaction to learning that Mario’s mistress cheated on him, did she feel vindicated. She answered, “I don’t care.” She seemed a little angry. I’m not sure if she was angry that she had to answer the question, or if she was angry at Mario. 

Andy also asked her why she keeps bringing or inviting Missy to events that Lu will be attending. She claims that she loves Missy and loves spending time with her. Why should she not bring someone she adores, just to avoid upsetting Lu. But it seemed to me that Ramona only started doing that once she found out about the Tom connection. Unless the cameras just focused on Missy only after they found out about the Tom connection?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

People forget that Sonja can be a nasty piece of work. From the link below:

In 2005 Hannibal controlled a project in which a very big name actor had a strong interest in the leading role. While we were finalizing the acting contract, the actor gave us a short window to go into production because of other film commitments. We began presales and had procured a commitment letter from our regular production lender. During the same period, our lawyer at the time introduced us to his new client who was now in the business and representing to have $250million in cash to invest into film production. They were starting with a slate of 5 pictures and were looking for high profile pictures to finance and co- produce. They took an ad in Variety at AFM in 2005 announcing their intentions, and in January 2006 they signed an agreement with my company, in which they agreed and committed to finance 100% of the film. At that time, they were fully aware that if we agreed to their financing terms, we would be solely relying on them to completely finance the film, and they repeatedly assured us that would not be an issue. This person was Sonja Tremont Morgan, a New York socialite. The production company was Sonja Productions. Her company took an advertisement in the trades, and she used her husband’s name John Adams Morgan, the great-great grandson of J.P. Morgan, and a direct descendant of U.S. President John Adams, who was the Vice President in charge of Financing for the company. Sonja Morgan and her director were representing to everyone they had the cash sitting at a bank in Beverly Hills ready to fund as soon as they had chosen their projects.

We placed our trust in them, our lawyer trusted them, and so did the bankers and agents. We performed due diligence and asked for references from the bankers and lawyers. Sonja Productions had recently financed another film just before us, a decision they had made in a few weeks and had funded two and a half million dollars in cash, so we had proof that they were serious and legitimate, as did our attorney considering he had handled the legal of the first investment they made. They liked our project and repeatedly told us this was exactly what they were looking for. Everything was in order on our side – the chain of title, director, location, crew, bond, insurance were in place and the acting service agreements with the actor was ready to be executed. Everything was ready. At this point the investor and co-producer, Sonja Morgan, was expected to put the money in place with the actor’s agency, which she had agreed to do. The day before she was to transfer the money, she told us in front of her CEO and our lawyer, that it would not be a problem, that she would instruct her bank to move the money. The following day she returned to New York and basically didn’t call us back. She left us dry!! We called her repeatedly asking for the money to be put in escrow, and when we finally spoke with her, her response was that “Deals fall apart in Hollywood all the time” and laughed. She went back to New York, was in breach, and in the end laughed at us. So we initiated legal action and filed a lawsuit, which is a painstaking process, emotionally and financially. We sued her for breach of contract and fraud. The fraud was based on the fact that we found out she never had the money she said she had to finance our film, much less anyone else’s.

[snip]

On top of everything, Sonja went even further in trying to stop the litigation by using her connections. She had a high profile financier in the industry call us to make us aware of how very powerful they were, and that if we didn’t stop the litigation, they would make sure no one in Hollywood would work with us. We received a phone call from a very well known financier in our industry. A representative of the company called and said: “My boss is a friend of Sonja Morgan, and it would be in your best interest to drop your lawsuit, or you will never work in this town again.”

https://hamricklaw.com/news-media/articles/it-takes-courage-strength-the-power-conviction-of-one-voice-to-right-a-wrong/

The thing that would be later discovered is that JAM was not part of these shenanigans and that Sonja was hoping he'd bail her out even though they were in the process of divorcing when this deal fell through.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Part of the issue was when Richard died, Dorinda refused to disclose the cause of death.  Her refusal was in the news stories covering his death.  When the cause of death was revealed some speculated as to the cause of the liver failure.  Richard and Dorinda are entitled to their medical privacy, even as public figures or even slightly public figures.  People are entitled to speculate.  When someone has or dies from lung cancer one of the first questions is always about smoking habits.

Bethenny has never been one to shout the praises of others.  the only time she gives high praise is if they can do something for her.  She use to do a fair amount of name dropping on her way up (Ginny Hilfiger).

Is calling someone "a drunk" necessarily the same as calling them an alcoholic?  To date, on this show I think Sonja and Ramon have been called alcoholics by cast members.  My issue is Bethenny is at the head of the class in celebrating drunkeness, so it seems disingenuous to call Dorinda a drunk as a pejorative term.  

The sheer quantity of times Dorinda has been admittedly drunk on the show may contribute to people's accusations Dorinda is an alcoholic.  I guess it would more accurate to say Dorinda drinks "alcoholicly".  

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

He wasn’t Kissinger and he wasn’t Mother Teresa.  So slightly powerful.  Dorinda needs to stop talking about him.  She’s the only one that cares.  

Wow. My late father wasn’t Henry Kissinger-powerful either. Should I stop talking about him too? Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned my late mother to anybody either. I mean, she helped run our town’s homeless animal shelter, but that certainly didn’t make her Mother Theresa, does it?

Dorinda has her faults and issues, but that’s still an incredibly cold thing to say that “nobody cares” about her late husband.  

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yep. I used to think Sonja was just a “loveable lush” until I found out about the backstory on her lawsuit/bankruptcy. That wacky persona she puts on really seems like just a front. She’s much more calculating and - as you said - entitled than she lets on to the viewers. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Yep. I used to think Sonja was just a “loveable lush” until I found out about the backstory on her lawsuit/bankruptcy. That wacky persona she puts on really seems like just a front. She’s much more calculating and - as you said - entitled than she lets on to the viewers. 

Whenever people discuss how “sweet” and “harmless” Sonja is, I’m reminded of the above incident AND of how cruel and diva-esque she acted towards Simon and Alex when she was speaking at/chairing one of the NYC Pride parade events in Season 4. She kept promising Simon that she’d let him deliver a speech too and she knew how passionate he was about the cause and how important the day was for he and Alex, yet she completely ignored them the day of the event and callously thwarted Simon’s attempts to get his promised turn at the mike with a speech he’d even written and rehearsed. It was literally the Sonja show to her and she all but laughed in Silex’s face when she was done swanning at the mike without giving Simon a chance to speak; didn’t she even kick them out of her after party when they naturally were upset and asked her why she treated them that way??

Yeah, I enjoy her overall, but much like her bud Ramona, Sonja can be just as mean and sneaky.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Whenever people discuss how “sweet” and “harmless” Sonja is, I’m reminded of the above incident AND of how cruel and diva-esque she acted towards Simon and Alex when she was speaking at/chairing one of the NYC Pride parade events in Season 4. She kept promising Simon that she’d let him deliver a speech too and she knew how passionate he was about the cause and how important the day was for he and Alex, yet she completely ignored them the day of the event and callously thwarted Simon’s attempts to get his promised turn at the mike with a speech he’d even written and rehearsed. It was literally the Sonja show to her and she all but laughed in Silex’s face when she was done swanning at the mike without giving Simon a chance to speak; didn’t she even kick them out of her after party when they naturally were upset and asked her why she treated them that way??

Yeah, I enjoy her overall, but much like her bud Ramona, Sonja can be just as mean and sneaky.

Not to mention how ridiculous she was when Heather tried to help her with her whole toaster oven fantasy... it seems as the years go by she lets her nasty side out more and more. I used to not mind her but lately - she's hard to watch. It's too bad she didn't have more drive, she could have used her exposure on the show to sell her stuff much like others have done. Perhaps not to the degree of Bethenny, but certainly enough to have made some money over the years. If she had actually produced and marketed a toaster oven I bet she would have done well, at least for awhile... ;) I do like how she handled Cindy Barshop back in the day tho - that was amusing (and pretty much well deserved).

• Love 8
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

People forget that Sonja can be a nasty piece of work. From the link below:

https://hamricklaw.com/news-media/articles/it-takes-courage-strength-the-power-conviction-of-one-voice-to-right-a-wrong/

The thing that would be later discovered is that JAM was not part of these shenanigans and that Sonja was hoping he'd bail her out even though they were in the process of divorcing when this deal fell through.

This is appalling and disgraceful. I hope they drop her from the cast. She is not a harmless floozy with a heart of gold. I do wonder who gave her the idea. She’s not smart enough to come up with this on her own.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Yeah .. You are right.  I've forgotten all the stupid things she has done.  Plus, all the money she lost with her crazy ideas.  Besides, she still has the house which she could fix up and get a nice Penney for.  A small apartment would do just as well.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny has never been one to shout the praises of others.  the only time she gives high praise is if they can do something for her.  She use to do a fair amount of name dropping on her way up (Ginny Hilfiger).

Starting with namedropping her very famous father, she changed her name to Parisella then back to Frankel remember. That last name got her places in NY circles. No doubt. In theatre circles he’d be Liza, in baseball he’d be Teddy, in acting circles he would be a Hepburn, in politics a Kennedy. 

14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Except that she didn't call out Dorinda, she negated the worth/work of a dead man, including the charity fundraising work he did for Haiti well before Bethenny's partner started to help Haiti. She didn't need to mention Richard, she only needed to address Dorinda's drunken behavior, something she was well aware of before she asked Dorinda to go to PR. Seriously, she didn't need to explain anything beyond that Dorinda got drunk and wasn't thinking clearly because, as Bethenny herself pointed out, her partner fully understands addiction as he is a recovering addict himself and is well aware of that sort of behavior. She picked Dorinda knowing how she gets when she drinks and then had several drinks with her before this "important" meeting, she has blame in this as well.

Just noticing that she did not need to bring up anything at all. Maybe a brief sorry about that but that could have been enough. I felt her partners were skillfully and deftly handling and minimizing the conversation they very much knew that they were talking to a woman who had too much to drink.  They were discreet and professional. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

the PR team

the PR team, several global relief partners 

Thanks for the link.  I noticed in virtually every candid shot-Bethenny is talking, I am guessing about herself.  Talk long enough and you are bound to offend a few people is the general rule in Bethenny case she can go in very quickly with the dig.  Carole weighed in with the fact she knew someone who knew Michael, and that was Bethenny's connection.  I’d asked her many times how things were going. A good friend of mine works with Michael Capponi, and I connected her and Bethenny. (Carole's blog May 10, 2018.)

11 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Starting with namedropping her very famous father, she changed her name to Parisella then back to Frankel remember. That last name got her places in NY circles. No doubt. In theatre circles he’d be Liza, in baseball he’d be Teddy, in acting circles he would be a Hepburn, in politics a Kennedy. 

Just noticing that she did not need to bring up anything at all. Maybe a brief sorry about that but that could have been enough. I felt her partners were skillfully and deftly handling and minimizing the conversation they very much knew that they were talking to a woman who had too much to drink.  They were discreet and professional. 

Thanks for the reminder.  There was also the more recent reference of her Hampton's home being thee party place.  Christina Aguilera and Jamie Foxx's crew-not Jamie Foxx but his crew.

Bethenny knows what makes for good TV and she knows how to press Dorinda's buttons.  it would have been better had Bethenny not pressed Dorinda for answers after she made her initial statements.  Dorinda did not say just let the people die. I am certain the people at the table with Bethenny have been challenged a time or two about the effectiveness of their efforts.  I was under the impression the purpose of Bethenny and her partners was to get the people affected by storms, natural disasters immediate relief, food, water, cash, diapers etc., I never thought it was a long term deal.  Obviously Bethenny's partners are multi-faceted and at least keep track of some of those they have helped.

I think Bethenny was trying to justify why she brought Dorinda.  Of course the real answer would have been, I have to bring a RH to get this thing filmed.  I would have liked to have heard what else the others were doing.  Once again I am reminded these are not documentaries.   When Dorinda exited with her line about Bethenny always screwing things up-it would have been a good time for Dorinda to remind Bethenny's new besties about what a wonderful houseguest she is with her verbal beat downs of other guests.  Monkey see monkey do with these two.

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oops, edited because after reading the above posts, this was already covered.  

Edited by Persnickety1
On 5/9/2018 at 7:37 PM, WireWrap said:

Here's my problem, Bethenny knew all of this about Dorinda, Bethenny was the first one to allege that Dorinda/John use coke/get high, so why did she ask her to come on this trip? 

I'm sure that Bethenny had to take at least 1 HW with her for production to film her/her Partners relief trip but why did she pick someone that she knows is a nasty drunk, that she has accused of doing illegal drugs before and then sit in her room (followed by the hotel bar) drinking with her before introducing her to the rest of the B Strong relief team? WHY?

To guarantee her trips and efforts wouldn't get left on the cutting room floor. If there was no drama, they could have easily just left these trips out after editing in juicier stuff.  Especially considering that RHONY showed her in the opening 1st episode talking about the relief efforts, and that could have been it if her efforts weren't more interesting than whatever drama (that sells) happens throughout the rest of their time filming. 

I'm sure she NEEDED her efforts to get more screen time to ensure donations and aide keep coming in.  This isn't a bad thing, btw, it's incredibly smart business (just like she made sure SkinnyGirl was in practically every episode of seasons past) at least she's manipulating the show for something much more worthy this season. Good for her! 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Will Harvard, Yale and Princeton admit Quincy simply because of her father, putting their reputations at risk with a fool like Sonja flashing her crotch, sexually harassing TAs and attending their functions?

If they have need of a new building they will.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lilsadone said:

To guarantee her trips and efforts wouldn't get left on the cutting room floor. If there was no drama, they could have easily just left these trips out after editing in juicier stuff.  Especially considering that RHONY showed her in the opening 1st episode talking about the relief efforts, and that could have been it if her efforts weren't more interesting than whatever drama (that sells) happens throughout the rest of their time filming. 

I'm sure she NEEDED her efforts to get more screen time to ensure donations and aide keep coming in.  This isn't a bad thing, btw, it's incredibly smart business (just like she made sure SkinnyGirl was in practically every episode of seasons past) at least she's manipulating the show for something much more worthy this season. Good for her! 

Oh, dear. 

Now I feel that they are exploiting Dorinda’s addiction/abuse/problems/grief for a noble cause. And I feel complicit. Because I did think “Clip! Clip!” was extremely crazy, strange, horrifying and fascinating to view. I’m at a loss for words.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

When Dorinda exited with her line about Bethenny always screwing things up-it would have been a good time for Dorinda to remind Bethenny's new besties about what a wonderful houseguest she is with her verbal beat downs of other guests.  Monkey see monkey do with these two.

If Dorinda ever gets counseling, she'll learn that dredging up something from 3 or 4 years ago during an argument is NEVER helpful.   

I don't get the "monkey see monkey do" comparison in this situation.   Dorinda was drunk.  Bethenny was not drunk when she was at Dorinda's and I don't remember her being a houseguest either.   Didn't she stay at a hotel with Bryn?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, AnnA said:

If Dorinda ever gets counseling, she'll learn that dredging up something from 3 or 4 years ago during an argument is NEVER helpful.   

I don't get the "monkey see monkey do" comparison in this situation.   Dorinda was drunk.  Bethenny was not drunk when she was at Dorinda's and I don't remember her being a houseguest either.   Didn't she stay at a hotel with Bryn?

No she was a houseguest at Dorinda's during the "you've **cked EVERYONE" banshee-shrieking at Luanne.   It was the year before that where she terrorized Heather that she stayed at a hotel.  

• Love 9

I am re-watching the episode and totally forgot about this part (sorry, it's probably been referenced already, but I missed it):

Victoria and Lu at the restaurant and Victoria basically asks Lu if she ever felt like Tom's penthouse was her place.

Lu says she tried to put her touches here and there, but...

Victoria replies that he was quite anal.

Lu's TH, "Tom was a bachelor, so it was very much a bachelor pad. I mean, if I had it my way it would have had white curtains and fluffy pillows and flowers and fidelity."

Cracked me right up.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

No she was a houseguest at Dorinda's during the "you've **cked EVERYONE" banshee-shrieking at Luanne.   It was the year before that where she terrorized Heather that she stayed at a hotel.  

OK.   My memory isn't what it used to be.

Regardless, bringing it up years later wouldn't have made Dorinda's drunkenness anymore acceptable.   Dredging  up missteps from Bethenny's past doesn't diminish the good she's done in Puerto Rico.   

• Love 2
On 5/12/2018 at 1:15 AM, HunterHunted said:

They were Emilio Pucci. She loves Pucci. She wears a lot of it. I'm sure it cost well over a thousand dollars. Perhaps they weren't very flattering.

Despite what people claim, I've never found a single DvF that was flattering on me.

I just did a quick search on "Emilio Pucci romper." Guys, I'm about to pass out.

And to think, just this morning, I was comparing prices of "shampoo for color-treated hair."

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I just did a quick search on "Emilio Pucci romper." Guys, I'm about to pass out.

And to think, just this morning, I was comparing prices of "shampoo for color-treated hair."

This made me laugh. And also reminded me to order shampoo. So thanks.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Neeners said:

I am re-watching the episode and totally forgot about this part (sorry, it's probably been referenced already, but I missed it):

Victoria and Lu at the restaurant and Victoria basically asks Lu if she ever felt like Tom's penthouse was her place.

Lu says she tried to put her touches here and there, but...

Victoria replies that he was quite anal.

Lu's TH, "Tom was a bachelor, so it was very much a bachelor pad. I mean, if I had it my way it would have had white curtains and fluffy pillows and flowers and fidelity."

Cracked me right up.

That was hilarious.  She threw it in there like nothing lol.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

OK.   My memory isn't what it used to be.

Regardless, bringing it up years later wouldn't have made Dorinda's drunkenness anymore acceptable.   Dredging  up missteps from Bethenny's past doesn't diminish the good she's done in Puerto Rico.   

Dredging up someone's past bad behavior is something Bethenny does and she believes it makes her ugly/bad behavior less offensive, so why shouldn't any of the others expect the same? LOL The good Bethenny and her partners have done in PR is notable but does not get her a free pass for her own bad/ugly behaviors be they past, present or future.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Dredging up someone's past bad behavior is something Bethenny does and she believes it makes her ugly/bad behavior less offensive, so why shouldn't any of the others expect the same? LOL The good Bethenny and her partners have done in PR is notable but does not get her a free pass for her own bad/ugly behaviors be they past, present or future.

Exactly.  One can be an incredible humanitarian or philanthropist, and still be an awful friend/wife/husband/parent/co-worker/what-have-you. These two things are not mutually exclusive and I believe both are true when they come to Ms. Bethenny Frankel. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Bethenny's charitable work in Puerto Rico is common knowledge.  

Any attempt to diminish its value by repeating tales from the past hasn't worked and is just sad. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1